CLG ear (NA)
: I want to know why they made the Design choice for Alita: Battle Angel for her to have those giant
When they tried her look with a test audience with normal sized eyes it didn’t go over well. Ironically they had a difficult time humanizing the character so the director said to make the eyes bigger so they could portray emotion in a more apparent manner. I honestly don’t think they eyes are bad, just different. Funnily enough her eyes are bigger for the same reason eyes tend being larger in the original medium the work is from.
Rioter Comments
hoganftw (NA)
: Now that Riven is seeing play in the LCS
Paroe (NA)
: Isnt it amazing how scaling sustain works? Maybe you should take a nice long look at other scaling sustain. Like Fiora. And Riven. And maybe even good old warwick. And lifesteal.
> [{quoted}](name=Paroe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FoH5L6TF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-13T08:50:22.932+0000) > > Isnt it amazing how scaling sustain works? > > Maybe you should take a nice long look at other scaling sustain. Like Fiora. And Riven. And maybe even good old warwick. And lifesteal. Riven doesn’t have a single ounce of sustain in her kit????
Paroe (NA)
: The support item changes arent to combat a "toxic or cancerous cheese strat top". Theyre to combat the increased amount of vision that the strategy enabled. Just another step in their moronic war on vision.
> [{quoted}](name=Paroe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Tu0VzhdE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-13T02:10:46.434+0000) > > The support item changes arent to combat a "toxic or cancerous cheese strat top". > Theyre to combat the increased amount of vision that the strategy enabled. > > Just another step in their moronic war on vision. I need my tin foil hat.
: riven vs renekton riot you every played this in the office
Rylalei (EUNE)
: 2 seconds less on early W, and since he maxes that last, his laning is safer.
> [{quoted}](name=Rylalei,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nzwqBHvR,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-10T20:00:46.016+0000) > > 2 seconds less on early W, and since he maxes that last, his laning is safer. Considering how long it already is, I think 2 seconds off is fair.
Rylalei (EUNE)
: So....screw Zed
How exactly did they make his early game safer? The only thing they changed is the second cast distance of W aside from some very minor damage buffs. The way I see it, they want him to be able to splitpush again like he did in season 4 and 5.
Galiö (NA)
: I like to think of us as digimon. I'm a rookie form that complains about one thing (Galios W) and sometimes other things You're a champion form that complains about a few things at a time and tries to keep attention to Volibear. D3stroy3R is an ultimate form (still dont know if I spell it right) complains about everything and is toxic 92% of the time and will never be happy with anything ever m. ------------------------ But with Trundle, I feel maybe they should give him another scaling somewhere in his Kit to push him back into the meta a bit and not just be the anti-stat check stat checker that he is, even though that's what his niche will prob always be (especially against Sejuani)
> [{quoted}](name=Galiö,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=K8vWkEjs,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-07T20:43:19.908+0000) > > I like to think of us as digimon. > > I'm a rookie form that complains about one thing (Galios W) and sometimes other things > > You're a champion form that complains about a few things at a time and tries to keep attention to Volibear. > > D3stroy3R is an ultimate form (still dont know if I spell it right) complains about everything and is toxic 92% of the time and will never be happy with anything ever m. > > > > ------------------------ > > But with Trundle, I feel maybe they should give him another scaling somewhere in his Kit to push him back into the meta a bit and not just be the anti-stat check stat checker that he is, even though that's what his niche will prob always be (especially against Sejuani) Malicious Metal must be a digital Sovereign then.
: wtf is Conqueror?
Riven is among many on the list of champions that this rune is designed to synergize with. How is that abuse?
: Re: new conqueror
It's exactly how old fervor operated, but with an anti tank element for extended trades.
Jobriq (NA)
: Now it is I who try hard
He says that with a lot of champs.
Moody P (NA)
: it solves almost all of the actual frustrations of the rune while keeping it relevant to the intended demographic This is a great change
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9IKr9lE6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-08T01:46:13.317+0000) > > it solves almost all of the actual frustrations of the rune while keeping it relevant to the intended demographic > > This is a great change Right? Like it's so much better and also has more room for counterplay than the current iteration.
: She is pretty much immune to slows thanks to the ability to spam dashes which do not take movement speed into account, so if anything she is more resistant to cc than most champions in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Super Cow Swag,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E1EAqxsi,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-02-07T05:23:20.575+0000) > > She is pretty much immune to slows thanks to the ability to spam dashes which do not take movement speed into account, so if anything she is more resistant to cc than most champions in the game. Her defensive utility is tied to her mobility as well, if you hard CC her, if affects her even more than other camps.
: Like every other champion then?
> [{quoted}](name=Dope Solo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E1EAqxsi,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-07T04:26:06.540+0000) > > Like every other champion then? Doesn't make the statement any less true.
: I should be allowed to damage riven.
A CC’d Riven is a dead Riven
: New phantom dancer.
Except in this instance they’re having it designed for them. Cleaver is abuse at worst, and synergy at best. Steraks was a severe abuse case though.
Rester (NA)
: My question is why did it ship with 20% cd reduction on basic spells when it should've been lowered to 10-15% because that's what the issue was with the old Essence Reaver?
> [{quoted}](name=Rester,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qN4bLjol,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-05T21:12:42.120+0000) > > My question is why did it ship with 20% cd reduction on basic spells when it should've been lowered to 10-15% because that's what the issue was with the old Essence Reaver? Build path is worse, combat stats are lower, price is higher. The issue with ER was just how damn good of a rush item it was. This is going to be second item after cleaver for Riven most likely. Shojin is going to be viable on more than just Riven and Renekton though.
: Matchmaking is a autowin/autoloss algorythm
Uhhhhh. I have not had this experience.
: Please reduce early game snowballing
I feel like it definitely goes both ways
Lhuhz (EUW)
: Eeeeeeeh did you saw the Sion nerf on PBE ? I assume you didn't.
> [{quoted}](name=Lhuhz,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bBcetojf,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-03T03:55:17.382+0000) > > Eeeeeeeh did you saw the Sion nerf on PBE ? > > I assume you didn't. I didn’t but, those nerfs aren’t going to solve his problem. It’s still a large amount of damage for a tank who becomes an unkillable wall in pro play because of infinite scaling HP.
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 1
@Meddler. What are you guys planning to do with conqueror? Still interested to hear about the potential return of a fervor-like rune.
: You picked a tank
I’ve seen a 1/6 Xerath with tier 2 support item and oblivion orb solo someone in one rotation. That champ is never useless, even when realistically they should be.
: They talk about how hive minded boards are for supporting mages. Meanwhile all posts who does not want to gut them are downvoted. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
> [{quoted}](name=OP Garen Support,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BkTcghBw,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-31T16:15:39.087+0000) > > They talk about how hive minded boards are for supporting mages. Meanwhile all posts who does not want to gut them are downvoted. > {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} You’re being downvoted because you’re being delusional and making factually incorrect statements.
: why would they remove conqueror?
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8hE1QEmE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-01-30T22:24:35.785+0000) > > why would they remove conqueror? They already said it’s in the air. And with the direction they’re taking the game, it’s the most likely outcome. But they did say it would see a replacement in a new fervor of battle.
Zedthul (NA)
: How will the removal of Conquer affect Riven?
If they remove (probably when they remove) Conqueror, it’s going to be replaced with a fervor of battle styled rune. Hard to say where she’ll be, definitely not as good at dealing with tanks again.
: Riven has a higher pickrate and winrate than pre-nerf Jax
Wait for them to remove ER and conquerer first. I don’t like Riven being in the spotlight this much and I’d rather they address the big issue.
Rioter Comments
: Tips for Riven
/r Rivenmains, largest league champ subreddit and tons of info for beginners and mains alike.
Eedat (NA)
: So you're actually complaining that high skill cap champs have variance based on the skill of the user? Lol what?
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E9R3fMma,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-19T07:35:33.714+0000) > > So you're actually complaining that high skill cap champs have variance based on the skill of the user? Lol what? That’s what I’m saying. It’s like people all of a sudden want to remove skill expression from league.
: If true dmg for bruisers (conq) and adcs (ie) goes away, then double magic pen needs to go to. It's practically true dmg for the majority of games aswell.
> [{quoted}](name=ankoanko19,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dWqegWbK,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-01-06T11:53:21.335+0000) > > If true dmg for bruisers (conq) and adcs (ie) goes away, then double magic pen needs to go to. It's practically true dmg for the majority of games aswell. Can’t talk bad about mages on the boards. They’re extremely biased to them, convinced they’re weak while their role dominates the game.
: Fervor of battle but instead of bonus AD it gives base AD so trinity users get stronger but it still wont be abused by Irelia, Fioras or Rivens abilities.
> [{quoted}](name=ankoanko19,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8Je3EE70,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-04T07:45:19.868+0000) > > Fervor of battle but instead of bonus AD it gives base AD so trinity users get stronger but it still wont be abused by Irelia, Fioras or Rivens abilities. But fervor was designed for those kind of champions LOL.
: you dont understand. just like most "smart" riven players. she has the highest snowball potential in the game. in high elo she stomps any game she is in. and its not based on skill anymore its based on when she gets r and builds an essence reaver or lethality and r,q,w,q,e,q,r boom whole team dead. this isnt a one time stomp feast its every guckin game of riven she gets 1 kill and just snowballs or she goes 0 and 10 then 1 shots the 11/0 adc cause she got duskblade ignite like you gotta be ither a riven main or an idiot to not know
Alright, better call up Viper and Adrian and let them know they’re no skill faceroll challenger players. Or better yet, the top laner who arguably secured victory for his team at worlds, The Shy? I assume you know him, real face roll kind of guy right?
: > [{quoted}](name=Brain Errör 404,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gER891Wu,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-30T00:21:37.589+0000) > > Lol, go ahead and spam all your Q's without a single auto attack on Riven and tell me how GG op your damage is. Take Electrocute, press R, QWQQ {{summoner:14}} R Dead enemy laner. why? Because burst, want a little extra? {{item:3147}} The only people surviving that are pure tanks or someone who popped their {{item:2420}} Is it getting through yet? Burst is too easy to do, too easy to insta-gib in a single combo as long as you have the basics, which is detracting from the learning experience of these high skill ceiling champions. Edit: If you're thinking in terms of DPS, the game isn't in a DPS meta, it's very much a burst one. You aren't going to top DPS charts, you are going to kill very quickly.
You have actually no idea how wrong you are and it’s very silly. Don’t make accusations without doing your proper research. Riven’s passive Autos are probably the most important part of her kit for damage unless she’s insanely fed. The difference between a good a Riven and bad Riven is night and day. What you described is was Bad Riven’s do, and that’s how you lose games. Also Essence flare activation requires an auto attack, and no one runs electrocute on Riven except maybe if the enemy team is full squishies.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hi Im a Cat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AetPqEfm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-29T02:20:45.297+0000) > > Smiting camps heals you. Thats part of it im sure but does that account for such a Large amount of healing. That cant be the only factor
Was he running domination? Ravenous hunter probably works well with his high damage output.
: Wtf? Im confused
Smiting camps heals you.
AjXtar (EUW)
: How long are we going to pretend that Brand is not OP
Oh no. Don’t talk bad about mages, this is the boards. Remember?
: riven advice needed
Just go to /R Rivemains. It’s got a whole section for new and aspiring Riven mains.
: I'm not the one making the argument. Blastoise was. He didn't show his evidence. I don't have to research the evidence for him because it isn't my argument.
You do need to do your research before you start making false claims. If you make a claim, the burden of proof falls upon yourself. It’s readily accessible information that he provided in response to Hashinshin.
: #If you look at this string of posts, NONE OF THEM ARE JAX. You didn't even click before saying something?
It’s on Twitter. Do your research. Think. If the subjects are between Hash and Blastoise, whom else’s Twitter might you find the data on. https://mobile.twitter.com/Hashinshin/status/1074741848562896897
: Doesn't matter. If you make an argument, your evidence needs to be readily available. Giving no access to it is poor argumentative skills.
It is accessible, readily. It's a string of twitter posts.
Dr Dog (NA)
: two more sites where she has a better win rate but **STILL** no where near his pick rate? congratz you proved absolutely nothing like you have this entire time, name me a **TIER LIST** with her above thresh, win rate doesnt mean jack shit when his pick rate is over 20% above hers and every tier list puts him in the top spot above her https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/tierlist/Support/ thresh is top tier, zyra isnt https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/tierlist/Support/ thresh is top tier, zyra isnt https://www.metasrc.com/5v5/tierlist/support thresh is top tier, zyra isnt wow now i have links that support my argument huh? oh! and morde has pretty much the best top lane win rate, 53-54%, does that mean hes the best top laner? no it doesnt, winrate alone isnt a sound argument and thats been proven before
Play rate has a high tendency to be a measure of popularity, not power.
: >Mages are broken right now, hands down. The only problematic things about mages is Lost Chapter nullifying their mana problems, Oblivion Orb giving MPen instead of a weaker GW for a passive and CDR being too present. One of those problems isn´t mage-only either. It's game wide. >Inflated pick and win rates across the board. Inflated pick and win rates received a term. META. >Zyra is literally the best support in the game. Right after Janna and Thresh. >Assassins are losing out on mage matchups contrary to popular word of mouth around here. Ahri is an assassin and the only mage she's losing to is Zoe and the statistics on that matchup are well into skill matchup area. Akali is losing to several mages because Riot still refuses to remove the one thing that should NEVER have gone live. Her Obscure. And instead would rather nerf her numbers to shit. Ekko is winning a lot more mage matchups than he is losing mage matchups. Fizz is only losing against mages who can either keep him down, deny him a snowball or outright kill him before he can snowball. Kassadin, out of 39 matchups, 5 are into skill matchup territory, making only 5 losing matchups. Five. And out of those 5, only 2 are mages. Katarina is only really losing to Anivia, because the Lissandra, Ziggs, Cass and Annie matchups are skill matchups and Heimerdinger isn´t a mage. LeBlanc is only losing to mages with either targeted and/or very large AoEs, which makes sense, because she grants 325g if she and her passive are killed. Talon's not losing against any mages, and the skill matchups of Twisted Fate, Anivia and Malzahar are slightly in his favor. Slightly. Finally, Zed is losing to the mages he always lost to. But sure, assassins are losing out on mage matchups. >Everyone complains about Akali and Irelia, nerf after nerf while they consistently continue to drop in performance. Because Riot refuses to nerf the actual problems of those champions. >Meanwhile some of these mage champs are reaching near 55% win rates on several members of the roster. Anivia top has 55%+ winrate, with a minuscule pickrate of 0.3%. Zilean and Taliyah mid have those winrates, with minuscule 1.3% and 0.4% pickrates. Hell, TARIC of all champions has a 56.4% winrate. Guess he's broken too. The only lane you can probably say mages are "dominating" is bot lane, in the ADC role. > If zed has that kind of winrate I’m pretty sure the complaining here would wake the dead. The thing is, most of his mains just want to outright buff him when what he needs are changes. If they removed the CS AssistantTM from his W, they could buff him somewhere else. >Just because you don’t play your champs properly doesn’t mean they’re bad. Tell that to all the Sejuani mains.
Taric mid probably has a good winrate because the funnel strat is making a resurgence.
: When will the magic pen issue be addressed?
: Riot Blastoise's interpretation of mastery curves doesn't make sense
He already shows all of the informational stats about Jax in a previous post.
Dr Dog (NA)
: zyra doesnt have losing matchups according to one site, i can easily go to say counterstats.net and say "oh look here are some losing matchups" whereas i can go to pretty much any site and be shown that thresh is a better support on every tier list, gathering all your info from one site isnt a good way to go about spreading stats or forming a good opinion
Okay. https://champion.gg/champion/Zyra/Support Here's another site that she's still statistically better than Thresh on, and also has bonkers numbers on. https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/overview/zyra/diamond And another one, with all the numbers on champs being globally toned down a bit. *Still better than Thresh statistically.* Now I have three sources that say you're wrong.
Dr Dog (NA)
: the same site that puts thresh 7 places higher than zyra on the support tier list? threshs winrate is dropped down a tad because he has a 28% pick rate compared to zyras 4-5% pick rate, your argument isnt sound its like if i said aatrox was the best top laner in the game pre rework because he had a pretty consistant 53-54% win rate
Thresh still has matchups that he statistically loses a over half of the time (9 to be exact.) Pick rate is in large part why he's higher on the tier list. He's simply a more popular champ in this regard. Zyra doesn't have losing match-ups.
Dr Dog (NA)
: and exactly what site are you getting this from? because shes not above a 53% on any site ive checked
: Mages are not broken. The OP mage is Cass. Ahri and Zyra have 53% winrates, so I guess they should get nerfs. But mages aren't broken.
What about Xerath’s win rate? Or Brands? Or Neeko’s (insanely high release winrate), or vel koz. The list goes on, they’re all statistically winning more than they should, especially for a class people consider “weak.”
Show more

Hi im a Cat

Level 212 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion