Rioter Comments
: New Malphite Redesign Reveal!
This is a really cool design, an addition I think they could make, if they keep some of Malph's core stuff the same would be to have the rock spikes grow larger/longer as he gets more Armor.
: I was not aware of this. I don't suppose you happen to know where or when this was said?
Honestly it's been over a year, I can barely remember exactly where I put my pants yesterday. {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
: Morgana and Kayle Lore Changes theory
Pretty sure when the whole Targon changes came down, we were told that they wouldn't move Kayle or Morg away from the Extra-Dimensional Angels bit.
: There is no way of telling how much healing Grevious wounds prevented....
Why not make it a hover over readout on the item ala Tear items?
: Hey Hildebrand. I'll be willing to comment on this, but I'm going to have to apologize in advance. I'm not going to sugar coat anything pertaining to this champion design because in its current state, it's a mess. >###Base Stats: Oznat's HP and HP regen are really low compared to traditional top laners. On the other hand, his AD per level is phenomenal but his starting base AD is pretty poor... Having all this extra AD is great, but damage by itself means nothing if you have no survive-ability. Most top laners nowadays have some kind of sustain mechanic and heavy harass capability. If your champion cannot survive this kind of abuse, then he won't survive the laning phase to be able to transition to mid or late game. I recommend shifting some of the AD power to his HP or HP regen or increase his defenses slightly to allow him to have a chance early game. ___ >###Passive - Unrestraint Bloodlust: I'm not going to lie, this passive reminds me a lot of Tryndamere's. But, this one is a mess. First of all, the only way this champion can reliably gain Crit Chance is by auto attacking or landing his W; items cannot contribute to this factor in any way. Secondly, all Bloodlust is consumed when he critically strikes any target or auto attacks a champion (regardless if it crits). These two factors are "bad" for a number of reasons: ____ **Scenario 1:** When Oznat is CS-ing, this become a burden, as the player will not know when the Critical Strike chance will activate. Let's say you're at roughly 70% Bloodlust and you are generating Bloodlust to get a guaranteed critical strike on your opposing laner. Instead, RNG decides to proc on a minion. Now all your Bloodlust is gone, and you have to generate it back up again. **Scenario 2:** Pretty much the same scenario as before but instead of auto attacking the minion, you auto attack the champion, but you don't critically strike. Again, all your Bloodlust is gone and you need to generate it back up again. **Scenario 3:** Oznat is attacking his opposing champion, but none of his auto attacks crit, but keep refreshing his Bloodlust which means they will crit at an extremely low percentage chance or not at all. ___ There are quite a few more bad scenarios, (especially while being grouped for teamfights) but you get the idea. Gameplay-wise, this passive feels awful and is too RNG reliant to deal damage. As for the Lifesteal/Attack Speed conversion, you never gave a ratio for it; so I cannot critique it. This passive needs to be reworked ASAP. If you want to keep the crit mechanic in the kit, you can explore the following recommendations: 1) Remove the Bloodlust consumption mechanic when the auto attacks a champion. Only consume Bloodlust when it crits. Optional: If the auto attack crits on a minion, Bloodlust consumption is halved. 2) When the auto attack does crit, make it so Oznat deals additional critical damage (based on level) or he gains a temporary burst of attack speed and a small heal or lifesteal. 3) When all Bloodlust is consumed, it resets back to a base value equal to Oznat's Critical Strike chance from his items. (This means he does benefit from Crit Chance directly.) ___ >###Q - Skull Sunder: This skill is not very interesting, it's just an attack reset that deals % HP. I know you can do better than that. Additionally, the skill is very counterintuitive. First of all, why does it cost Bloodlust to cast? This just lowers your chance to deal a critical strike and your overall damage output. Secondly, why does this skill have an AP scaling? Why would this champion ever buy AP? It doesn't make sense and only hinders the champion's build order. Thirdly, why is there an additional note stating it consumes 25 Bloodlust, when you stated earlier it consumes 15? Does it cost 15 or 25? Design-wise, this skill doesn't make sense. Thematically, this doesn't feel like a "Skull Sunder." If anything, I thought this would be stun or something that works with/amplifies crit. ___ >###W - Bloodbath: Like many of the other skills before this one, the W is counterintuitive. Maxing and spamming this spell is dangerous considering that Oznat's base HP and HP Regen. are subpar. Be careful as he might actually do more damage to himself than his laners will. As a Bloodlust generation tool, I'm pretty sure there's a better way of doing this visually and thematically instead of it being a Vladimir E that doesn't slow. ___ >###E - Unchained: This ability is very hit or miss. What happens if you are fighting a laner who has no CC? Then the skill is useless. What happens if the enemy has CC, but chooses not to use it when this ability is up? Again, it's useless. In terms of balance, this skill will need to have a high cooldown considering its utility. These qualities make this skill pretty unappealing as a smart enemy will know how to bait this skill out and punish you for it. Optional: I recommend changing either your Q or E to a mobility tool. As is, your champion will suffer immensely from being kited or harassed from range. Additionally, I suggest you move the healing aspect of this skill somewhere else. Relying on your opponent to land CC is too hit or miss. ___ >###R - Ultimate: The Abandon stack generation is unnecessary. Just find a way to incorporate it in some way into your innate passive. Why does this ultimate have so many forms? Does each form have its own cooldown? What's the cooldown on this skill? The cooldown factor is especially important to know since you don't want to waste your ult on one of its lesser forms. ___ Anyway, I'll critique each form individually: **0 Stacks:** A mobility tool, this would have been better as one of his base abilities. **1~2 Stacks:** This too could have been part of your base abilities, particularly your Q **3~4 Stacks:** This should have been your ultimate. **5+ Stacks:** This should be the finishing blow of your ultimate. ___ Overall, this skill uses alternate forms and an additional resource to present a unnecessary layer of complexity in its gameplay. To me, this is an inefficient way of designing a skill, as most of its components could have been added to the other basic abilities. ___ ###Synopsis: It's hard to completely critique this champion and fully explore the depth of its design as its thematic and lore haven't been provided. Right now, this champion requires a lot of work, particularly in minimizing its counterintuitive abilities. But there is potential here for an interesting champion design. Anyways, good luck out there Summoner!
I guess I wasn't clear in a few things, so let me clear them up. Stats are low for a reason, namely that he gains a lot of items stats from his passive. Crit is expensive, and the low HP and HP regen are actually gold accounted against that. Additionally, he is an item reliant Champion, he isn't supposed to be top lane all game fighting tanks. Not all bloodlust is lost upon striking an enemy champion or critically striking. Just some namely 10, or 10% crit chance. Additionally he does gain advantage on crits from building crit, namely that he gets more of them by being able to build them faster. In fact Crit is a core stat on him. Q: Yeah, because auto attack resets are fun to play around. The design around this skill is as follows... What's better than striking for 200% damage on a single hit? Doing 2 hits (one of which does more than just a base auto,) and having a lower chance for both to strike! See the problem with a lot of crit is that it invites a right click only playstyle, to move away from that I did something similar to Tryndamere, except, you have to make a conscious choice when laning, do I auto a minion repeatedly, shoving the lane or do I try to crit at a lower level of bloodlust for an epic trade? Basically this plays on the whole old ideas of taking 1% crit runes because maybe it'll win you lane, but being a higher number and one that you have to take an active part in making is far more reliable. Finally it costs Bloodlust because otherwise it would be too spamable. W: It's far more like a Zac W than a Vlad E, but sure, whatever. Additionally, that's the fucking point? Like Yeah it can be dangerous to max, it is also a super spam-able ability that does great damage and actually has base damage, also I never said the cost went up with ranks, you assumed that. Finally, it scales with HP, meaning that the more you build to offset the dangers of this skill the stronger it becomes. E: You mean like a current Fiora W, right now, that exists, and is something that people main, at this very moment. Or Furthermore any Long cooldown skill, like Flash, or and Ezreal E or literally any medium cooldown escape tool that exists in the game at this very moment. LoL is all about baiting those skills out, of course I would want a skill that can be baited out, it's called inherent balance. Finally, really? You want me to imagine a game of LoL with 0 CC? When was the last time that even happened? Don't make up unrealistic hypotheicals to prove a point. R: You complain that the passive doesn;t make sense but want it more incorporated? You make about as much sense as tits on a fish. Seriously though, Ults complicate the game, fact. This one complicates it a little more, also fact. It's intentional because the kit was so simple. And seriously in what other multi ult that exists, (there are a few) do they not share cooldowns? 0: You wanted mobility, you got mobility, then complained it's not enough. You ever stop to consider this isn't supposed to be a mobile champion? 1-2: Guaranteed crit spam sounds like straight cancer, please stop. 3-4: What do you know, the guy that loves mobility thinks the only CC should be an ultimate, what a surprise... Seriously though, I agree, that's why it's an option in the ultimate. 5: Oh, there you go, no CC make it an AoE execute, makes sense, wont be cancer, everyone will love it /s You talk about not wanting to sugar coat, but frankly, besides the Passive issue, most of your complaints seem to stem from personal bias towards a certain playstyle, namely tanky mobiles, and a lack of comprehension.
: Diana rework
There was a time where Riot was considering ideas for how to rework her, however, with the runes in Season 6 that allowed her to come back into the meta, Riot decided to leave her alone, due to many Diana players feeling she was in a good place mechanically.
Rioter Comments
Dysnomia (EUNE)
: Sion E still bugged and not being addressed
I've seen the Tokyo Drift minions a few times this week.
Cunky (NA)
: This is a good idea, but I feel like it would never be added because Riot doesn't want to seem insensitive towards impoverished people. Remember, Riot took away {{champion:104}} 's cigar because they were afraid of censorship/age rating problems.
That's not exactly what happened though? Their Parent Company Tencent was issued a takedown notice by their home country over the cigar, of course they got rid of it. Not about ratings, but about losing an entire game for the cigar.
Ýones (EUW)
: Champion Concept: Pisto, the Baron of the Black Market
Seems fun, Ornn levels of being basically un-balance-able, but I'll try anyways. P: Not so abusable as to be broken, but the fact that he gets the extra gold seems wasted on a champ that needs low gold to be effective and can't carry particularly well. Q: Cool, bit of a boring hitbox though, could be more interesting as we have a lot of line hitboxes and a T is just two lines. Also, knockup is one of the strongest forms of cc, being a stun and uncleansable, making the enemy slowed after it seems excessive, maybe a slow or a half duration knockup. W: Another Knockup at least that's how the game treats it, very powerful, but requires good teammate positioning balancing the power out. E: Generic Shield, the Gold scaling is so impossible to balance it would have to be a non factor. R: So why Don't I just take Kled, at least I can catch someone then.
: His w is his sustain and also his clear is just as fast as nidalee lol.
Bruh his W hasn't healed him for YEARS, it doesn't hit monsters and also WHAT
Brascus (NA)
: The new runes should have explicitly avoided adding damage, no parallels of the current system should have gone through for things like Thunder Lords, Death Fire etc
lolwhat Electrocute is Thunderlords, like word for word.
: No, Poppy passive was a big reason of why they nerfed courage, not grasp. (I think)
Poppy passive shouldn't proc Courage, but it most definitely procs Grasp
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Shuyin178,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zWIAKwHz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-01-31T06:59:13.660+0000) > > That's why I prefer Grasp over CoC on him. > Grasp gives him a little more sustain + a little extra damage. shen is likely the top reason the grasp kept getting nerfed xD
p sure that was poppy passive, but ok.
: ELEMENTAL DRAGON DEFENSIVE BUFF IDEA
I think it's time to diversify the towers again. Tier 1 Should function similar to how they do now, but as they "ramp-up" they should get an all around increase, so fire rate, damage, and projectile speed. (this way the long draw out dives we see right now with tanky divers wouldn't be so much of an issue, while assassins would have a reason to exist.) Tier 2 Towers should be rapid fire low damage projectiles that slow enemy champions hit. (the idea being you can make a stand at these turrets without just being poked out of the way when behind.) Tier 3 towers would be extremely slow, but powerful shots with some splash damage around them. (they're slow so that you can break a line behind them, but they won't be pushed over too easy.) Tier 4 in my ideal world would be laser turrets, but can attack multiple enemies. (this way there has to be an actual decisive battle to be able to push these over, not just a casual attack here and there.) Add a Elemental dragon that creates a shield to allied champions occasionally, (like no less than once a minute,) when near towers, and I think the games would be much more interesting.
: Are you not counting his thumb? You can see it a bit in the middle. I think he has five actually if you look really close to where the joints are a bit separate.
Is no one going to complain that this man called a thumb a finger as if it were a normal thing to do?
: We all know this is gonna happen
Blood-starved beast, how... fitting.
: Nah, he's livin' large up in Challenger with a 69% win rate.
>Implying that changes my statement. I mean really, no one is maining him, they're just metaslaving him, as soon as he's nerfed he'll disappear again. Back to the bin oif unwanted toys.
: Where's {{champion:111}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:31}} jg
{{champion:266}} Is in the dumpster as he has been for most of his life. He is a dumpster baby.
: Sewn Chaos Zac?
His ult is just him as a bean bag chair.
: The idea was supposed to be he marks his enemy with his blood, enabling him to sense their movement. Come to think of it mark of the Shadow Blood has a nice ring to it. Ill change the skill names to reflect that. The Q i wanted to make it far because unlike other skillshots that are straight, this one twists and turns as it follows, making it range more necessary. Because of how thin it is i think comparing it to Jinx W would be better. Jinx W has a range of 1500 and missle speed of 3200 (Varus is 1625/1800 btw) The idea was that it moves rather slow at first (nidalee Q speed) and speeds up to jinx speed when it senses the enemy. W passive only works on critical strikes and active + displacement. So it wont be like Fizz old W where every hit procs it. early game you either dont or barely have any crit (not yasuo here) so it would only apply if the canister breaks, which is not only difficult but has a 16 second cooldown. The E is visible at all times (like caitlyn/nidalee) so you just not get close to it. Ill add that tooltip in the notes. The R speciality is that it doesnt grant vision AT ALL unless you use a revealing skill (incontrast wehn you attack in a bush and they are outside they can see you). So if you place it the enemy is either forced to get close to attack you, use a revealing skill or wait 5 seconds. Of course, you cant see them either, unless your passive mark is on them
I get what you are saying thematically, but unless the passive gives a Rek'Sai style of tracking, (this would also be really nice,) it will always feel at odds with a shadowy character concept. Difference, jinx's W has a cast time, it can be predicted, at least somewhat, a nid spear can be seen and reacted to. The current form of this Q essentially leaves no room for counter play except having a unit already in the way. Right now it functions as a highspeed, instant-cast, long-range, (semi)homing, Ezreal Q, with great base and AD scaling, and if that doesn't seem cancerous to play against I don't know what will. Along with that is the issue with that level of range has with the player's vision, you essentially can't see where exactly you are aiming due to the distance, this creates a situation where shots you may fire may be blocked by minions that you can't even see, this would feel extremely unrewarding and even frustrating for the player. Along with that the homing function essentially relying on the enemy instead of your own control means that while yes there is more counterplay involved, the homing could cause some strange pathing choices for the skill resulting in m,ore blocks than I think you intend. All of this adds up to a very interesting but essentially unplayable broken shell of the skill you are intending. How is a point-and-click skill like your W hard to land much less displace when as you have shown there are a myriad of ways to do so as early as level 1, (level 2 you can do it solo at ease,). I LIKE this skill, but 6% just feels like too much, give it some skill level scaling and I think it would be far more suitable. Your E has an arm time of 1 second, never mind you can essentially lay this at your enemy's feet and force a W, (which I already stated my gripes on,) due to most champions simply not being able to move fast enough to avoid it, it is apparently AoE, which means you have handed a placeable Oriana ult, with better scaling, and way lower mana costs, oh and you can lay 3 of them down in 6 seconds at 1:12. Numbers need to be changed here, or the function needs to be changed here, any one of these is a game changing ultimate on hand currently and that's just not acceptable as far as gameplay goes. Perhaps limiting the pull to one person similar to BearTrap on a Rope, or reducing the range allowing enemies to move out of the way of an offensive trap placement. Onto the Ult, and this is where it gets strange, and I guess you tried to balance out the strengths of the kit by giving a simple ultimate, however, this ultimate simply doesn't feel, well, ultimate, as you have it. Hear me out, what use is gaining 100 range if you can't see unless you've already marked them, what use is this for your teammates who will be essentially blinded except to your specific target, why would your player use this skill when it would, more than likely lower his teams DPS and potential survivability? They wouldn't, at least, they shouldn't, because they are better served to just keep autoing in an attempt to proc W passive and Q homings. The ult obscuring allied vision is a bad idea.
: [Champion Concept] Astaroth, the Liberator of Shadows
Disclaimer, I'm a windy asshole, so bear with my over-analyzation, I only do so because I think it has great potential and not to discourage you. While I do like the ideas you have presented, they seem to have 2 separate themes. That is to say you have a theme of corrupted blood, and a theme of shadows, and while they are not unrelated in their entirety, the kit does not really do anything to reflect this. Nay, the fact that this shadow infected blood seems to give vision, (and therefore light in terms of the fog of war,) seems even contradictory. I feel like this would be better served as two separate concepts that are allowed to develop on their own with a more unified identity that to have them together in a festering hollow whole. On the subject of **balance**, I'm afraid several numbers are just a little too high for my liking, namely on Q while the detection range is very nice, I fear that the range and possibly the missile speed may become a tantamount nuisance, for both your enemies and the player. Note that currently your Q has nearly the range of a Varus Q and almost 4 times the speed and homing on marked targets. W is better, though I am unsure on 6% missing HP at level 1 is a fair option especially with how oppressive laning can be against adcs anyhow. E has a very old champion feel to it, mostly that it is essentially unavoidable cc, and while that is strong, it seems unfair to play against and goes strictly against my "no-fun" policy. I like the ult, though it may even be a little weak, especially when in comparison to the rest of his kit. A nice change to differentiate it from just being a superior version of Ivern's Bush would be to make the cloud slowly advance from the position you cast it, similar to Yasuo's wind wall. **Final recommendations: ** Split the kit in half, keep moving forward with the corrupted blood motif in your P, Q, and W, most likely involving some kind of movement skill, with a non-steroid style ult. For the Shadow aspect, I'd recommend that you try to give the champ some reason to play with the enemies vision, weather it be bonus DPS in some way or even cc, give your player, and his allies to utilize the stealth he provides.
: I think the whole crit concept around him is very interesting and something I would like to see in league. One thing that might be hard to balance around though is that he gets innate crit, and innate lifesteal because lifesteal applies to crit damage. Ways to go around this is give him bad health scaling and/or bad damage scaling(although it still might not be enough to prevent unkillable sustain god).
Yeah, he's supposed to have terrible base stats all around, requiring a lot of itemization.
Rioter Comments
: Galio In Under A Minute?
How did you manage to have dead air in a video less than a minute long?
Vesemir (EUW)
: Riot missed a perfect opportunity for an Aurelion Sol skin
It's really too bad he wasn't out for the year of the dragon tbh.
: ? He's a ranged champion, he has to last hit it. He gets no early execution.
Well, technically, he was melee, with variable attack range, and for a period of time on the PBE when relic first came out he did have the execute, however, it was deemed too strong, (thresh was already at a super high pick rate,) so they removed his melee status, (though it still doesn't count as a projectile or benefit from runaan's.)
Ralanr (NA)
: So I just remembered that Graves and Twisted Fate are headed towards Piltover.
Camille is already getting a headache trying to deal with TF and his seemingly infinite luck.
abdul569 (EUW)
: Camille's interaction to Vi has really got my interest as to what her lore would be...
Camille talks a lot in her comic about how she makes predictions to keep Piltover functioning. She also seems to be able to predict any outcome, (she says as much in her Ekko interaction,) therefore it is not unbelievable that Vi's Parents were killed in such a way to eventually force Vi into her current position based upon Camille's predictions, essentially securing her a successor, as they both have a similar attitude about the law, albeit with Camille being more jaded. Vi already is known for using far more force than necessary, if her morals, and restraints, (Cait,) are removed somehow, it is not illogical to say that Vi may very well become a Vigilante in the same way as Camille.
Bultz (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hildebrand,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=Ig73etVt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-11-23T01:35:32.871+0000) > > unfortunately Riot seems to hate tenacity. They do and they purposely keep this game a long range and cc champion game. LIke melee champions can't farm if they are against a long range champion, they can't keep auto attacking when stunned, while long range champions and mages can. They purposely keep nerfing melee champion damage while purposely buffing long range champions. I mean they have one tenacity item in the entire game where nearly 100/133 champions have hard core cc. Rather sad.
Okay, needless salt aside... ranged champions do not auto when stunned, rooted or snared, but not stunned.
: Alot of these have already been suggested and shutdown/reserved. She's too new for a skin , people like jhin and illaoi don't even have new skins and they've been there for awhile collecting dust. Although im pretty sure the next skin is gonna be for illaoi
I think Illaoi has another issue in that the tentacles can be rather restrictive in theming. Jhin is the same, honestly even the skin they released with him is one of the worst release skins in the modern releases, (say post Yasuo.) Taliyah, on the other hand has a much less involved concept, allowing for far more interesting ideas, hence why limiting what champs get what skins based on age is a little unreasonable. Honestly, we could get an Ivern skin and I would be okay with it as long as it is interesting.
: A Teemo rework/update
I get it, teemo feels old, like really really old. Simultaneously, though, I cannot image teemo doing anything different. Teemo hasn't been a meta pick in like half of the games lifecycle, and honestly, Riot seems okay with that, I don't think they are planning any changes to him unfortunately.
Bultz (NA)
: Black Bolt Blade {Item Concept}
unfortunately Riot seems to hate tenacity.
: Does overpowered mean easy?
They are not mutually inclusive, however, there is a correlation between the ease at which the player has to execute profitable play and the balance at which the champion is at.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Daily reminder that Ezreal is garbage
Is this season 4 again, did I miss something?
Bultz (NA)
: Oriana needs a nerf
In other news Mid is a lane with the most burst, a shocking turn of events.
: Should turrets do more damage? Poll included
I actually wish each tier of turret would be different from one another. Nexus turrets should get S6's Inhib turret laser. Inhib Turrets should be the ones to attack really slow but to hit really hard. (that way sieging at inhib turrets doesn't take an hour.) Inner Turrets should attack really rapidly with high missile speed, (like URF Ezreal Q speed.) Outer Turrets should be the same, except they should ramp up much harder.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hildebrand,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l0sAZzgx,comment-id=0002000000010001,timestamp=2016-11-20T03:39:18.652+0000) > > Um... faulty math? > > While it is true that a 184 AD marksman will **DEAL** 68.405^ dmg per hit, they will only take around 33 damage from Thornmail and will heal 7, assuming that they have 10% lifesteal, which yes, is the most common ADCs are also likely to have Doran's Blade adding another 2 healing or so on hit, unless they have the Cull item in which it is 3. So they are essentially healing about 9.5 Hp per hit and taking 33, however, when you factor in abilities and that most are not considered On-hits or Autos, the ADC will most likely kill the tank before themselves. Of course this is assuming that the tank does not retaliate, shield or heal in this time. in that case an equally skilled and leveled tank will win. unfortunately however, the reality is that the ADC will most likely have some other variables of support, (a Supp or BotRK for instance.) in this case, the ADC will likely annihilate a tank. > > Then we turn to the diminishing return on the passive bonus Armour added to the damage of thornmail, which, as the ADC gets stronger and stronger will actually be less and less effective. most likely this is what people feel makes Thornmail as being ineffective or a bad pick, as the gold value of it, while pretty well matched early will actually diminish in value to below that of cost as the game progresses. > > tl;dr Check yo math fool. 1 . You don't add variables when testing things and not to unrelated tests; it muddies or flat out invalidates the results. You _especially_ don't add variables to try to get the result you want. 2 . Two item ADCs don't have 100 Magic Resist. 3 . You take the time to learn to read before insulting someone's intelligence so you don't make stupid mistakes like confusing what number is Thornmail's damage. Check yourself, fool.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l0sAZzgx,comment-id=00020000000100010000,timestamp=2016-11-20T03:50:10.114+0000) > > 1 . You don't add variables when testing things and not to unrelated tests; it muddies or flat out invalidates the results. > You _especially_ don't add variables to try to get the result you want. > 2 . Two item ADCs don't have 100 Magic Resist. > 3 . You take the time to learn to read before insulting someone's intelligence so you don't make stupid mistakes like confusing what number is Thornmail's damage. > > Check yourself, fool. 1. "Account for all variables in testing, or in a vacuum environment", which this isn't, otherwise balancing would be a simple algebra problem and you know it. 2. tf you getting 200 MR from? You high as shit. 3. Actually, you created a separate clause in your sentence, you know, using a comma and all; go back to school before you call someone else stupid, mate. If you wanted to indicate the Nautilis is taking 68.504 damage you don't put it in a separate clause with a non possessive noun, because that's how English works. 4. Stop being so salty, I called out either your bad math or your bad grammar, take your pick. (I also used obviously incongruant language to distinguish between my serious analysis and the sardonic humor, but apparently you can't read context either.) Don't act like I shit down your chimney on Christmas. **EDIT: **Oh, also, if you didn't notice I actually used variable as they are want to happen in a real situation, you know bridging the gap between a simulation and results. You know, the kind of thing an analyst is _supposed_ to do when predicting outcomes, otherwise you get a whole democratic party apathy elects trump situation on your hands. Assuming raw datum can be converted into accurate simulations is how you crash the stock market don't you know. Which, by the by, I included the realities of a tank at level 12 being by themselves, (most likely being jungle or Top,) and an ADC most likely being accompanied by their handler, (which, let's be honest is exactly what the support role really is.) then, using these probabilities, assuming that there aren't any outstanding variables that absolutely cannot be accounted for, (player skill, vision, model block, etc.) I made a conclusion based upon it. Not really the way I would actually like it to go but you just assumed because I disagreed with your math that I obviously disagreed with your point, a logical fallacy and perplexing ego issue all rolled into one. Oh yeah, Thornmail is pretty good aginst vayne rn, and that makes me happy. It's fine how it is.
: > [{quoted}](name=WhiperSnapers,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l0sAZzgx,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-11-19T06:20:11.923+0000) > > you're missing the point...** thornmail **does more than just negate damage, it **reflects damage**. This is about how easy it is for lifesteal to negate the** reflected damage** (thornmail's passive), not how lifesteal is proportionate to armor. We are ONLY focused on how to improve thornmail's Passive. _ " Armor counters Lifesteal already. Thornmail passive effectively counters lifesteal by percentage damage reflection which is not only a greater percentage than all lifesteal items except Bloodthirster (maybe) but additionally deals damage back on every attack. It works against lifesteal in three ways already. _ _Now correct my quick math if I am wrong, but a 2 item adc attacking with 184 AD AAs against a level 12 Nautilus with Thornmail and no other defensive items, will take 68.45 damage per hit while they heal a total of about 7 from their Vamp Scepter (10% lifesteal, the most common amount.)." _
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l0sAZzgx,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2016-11-19T09:57:00.201+0000) > > _ " Armor counters Lifesteal already. Thornmail passive effectively counters lifesteal by percentage damage reflection which is not only a greater percentage than all lifesteal items except Bloodthirster (maybe) but additionally deals damage back on every attack. > It works against lifesteal in three ways already. _ > > _Now correct my quick math if I am wrong, but a 2 item adc attacking with 184 AD AAs against a level 12 Nautilus with Thornmail and no other defensive items, will take 68.45 damage per hit while they heal a total of about 7 from their Vamp Scepter (10% lifesteal, the most common amount.)." _ Um... faulty math? While it is true that a 184 AD marksman will **DEAL** 68.405^ dmg per hit, they will only take around 33 damage from Thornmail and will heal 7, assuming that they have 10% lifesteal, which yes, is the most common ADCs are also likely to have Doran's Blade adding another 2 healing or so on hit, unless they have the Cull item in which it is 3. So they are essentially healing about 9.5 Hp per hit and taking 33, however, when you factor in abilities and that most are not considered On-hits or Autos, the ADC will most likely kill the tank before themselves. Of course this is assuming that the tank does not retaliate, shield or heal in this time. in that case an equally skilled and leveled tank will win. unfortunately however, the reality is that the ADC will most likely have some other variables of support, (a Supp or BotRK for instance.) in this case, the ADC will likely annihilate a tank. Then we turn to the diminishing return on the passive bonus Armour added to the damage of thornmail, which, as the ADC gets stronger and stronger will actually be less and less effective. most likely this is what people feel makes Thornmail as being ineffective or a bad pick, as the gold value of it, while pretty well matched early will actually diminish in value to below that of cost as the game progresses. tl;dr Check yo math fool.
FURZIMYRIAL (EUNE)
: [ Champion Concept ] Morphus, the God of the Void
I get what you're going for with this, but I see no way this would not just rofl stomp any botlane. Nevermind that mana steal is an inherently unfun mechanic to play against, an 80% scaling that applies on -hit effects, is up every 6 seconds and can silence for 2, along with giving her max stacks immediately is about the definition of a lack of counterplay. Assuming we use current builds for toplane marksmen like Quinn at 10 minutes we have 145-165 AD, 0.91 AS, and assuming they CS with 75% efficiency they should have about 900 mana at that point and can be invisible (meaning they can walk right up to an enemy,) for 7 seconds then pull off a Q>Q>E>R combo for 296 damage, a silence, and will have to move 700 units away to get out of range, (much greater than flash,) and with a MS of 375 or so (tier 1 boots,) an enemy champion will have no choice to try and duel in this seriously weakened state, nevermind that you can essentially towerdive for twice as long and they already are doing reduced damage. This is not an anti-assassin it's just another broken assassin.
Rioter Comments
Belormoroth (EUNE)
: Every ulti was perfect healing done was at maximum possible without any healing item. Shields saving lives and Q breaking chase of my team. It was best game ever for me as Janna every skillshot was in target and ive saved every team member few times. Rank A+...
> [{quoted}](name=Belormoroth,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jPNwRiy5,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-11-18T11:07:02.464+0000) > > Every ulti was perfect healing done was at maximum possible without any healing item. Shields saving lives and Q breaking chase of my team. It was best game ever for me as Janna every skillshot was in target and ive saved every team member few times. Rank A+... Except it's ARAM, so healing was reduced therefore your potential for an S was stunted, you would have had to do significantly better than them to get your S, as compared to them, not about 150% better. Nevermind your gold generation was the lowest in the team.
Ralanr (NA)
: I thought C was a master thief? They can of course retcon it, but the implications are interesting. If Chamille is C, then either she is not a part of the law in Piltover (or at least the general law) or Caitlyn is not a part of the law in Piltover and will have her position retconned. I think Chamille might be the Grey Lady referenced in Evelyn's color text.
> [{quoted}](name=Ralanr,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=1JJH8pAV,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-11-17T20:20:28.765+0000) > > I thought C was a master thief? > > They can of course retcon it, but the implications are interesting. If Chamille is C, then either she is not a part of the law in Piltover (or at least the general law) or Caitlyn is not a part of the law in Piltover and will have her position retconned. > > I think Chamille might be the Grey Lady referenced in Evelyn's color text. Vigilante probably she doesn't seem to operate on any sort of moral code, purely a logical one, so an antagonistic nature between Cait and Chamile isn't improbable.
: Swain Needs to Stop
Wait, were upset about Swain now? Is this Season 2? Is it Bruiser meta again? Is HEART OF GOLD still a thing? Ty Based Riot! Oh, wait, it isn't, shame.
: you can't go through walls with vayne tumble anymore it was patched a while ago
> [{quoted}](name=MunchCrunchLunch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QwAQOyt1,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-05-22T23:14:00.290+0000) > > you can't go through walls with vayne tumble anymore it was patched a while ago You can go through {{champion:163}} 's currently
ShadowBz (NA)
: You can Dash through jarvan's Ult with Hextech Protobelt
I always thought it would be cool if Jarvan's Ult made a much larger, (like Trundle sized,) arena outside of his normal one if he pulls off a fancy combo into it.
Igotlazy (NA)
: I thought it would be cool if maybe Taliyah could keep riding her board if she took it onto Worked Ground. Like she needed to stay near a wall to actually go on it, but as long as she's near a wall OR on top of worked ground, she wouldn't dismount.
> [{quoted}](name=Igotlazy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=W05AmKyV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-05-22T23:59:30.756+0000) > > I thought it would be cool if maybe Taliyah could keep riding her board if she took it onto Worked Ground. Like she needed to stay near a wall to actually go on it, but as long as she's near a wall OR on top of worked ground, she wouldn't dismount. That would be a pretty incredible jungle buff honestly.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Hildebrand

Level 85 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion