Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: They claim the game is not pay-to-win and they pride themselves on that fact. Ergo, if that were true then nothing that directly effects gameplay would be available for purchase with real-world currency. That's why advantageous skins get changes. You want to go play a pay to win game, then go right ahead and play something else instead of pretending, "this game is free" and "they charge" can truthfully be in the same sentence in regards to something that changes game stats.
> [{quoted}](name=DeceasedL0ved0ne,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PhlUWGAl,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2016-03-30T03:52:02.314+0000) > > They claim the game is not pay-to-win and they pride themselves on that fact. Ergo, if that were true then nothing that directly effects gameplay would be available for purchase with real-world currency. That's why advantageous skins get changes. You want to go play a pay to win game, then go right ahead and play something else instead of pretending, "this game is free" and "they charge" can truthfully be in the same sentence in regards to something that changes game stats. I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of pay to win. You log into this game for free You can spend money on two types of things a Cosmetics that don't effect game play and are only available for purchase b Gameplay that are also available for currency earned through gameplay Everything gained through money that effects the game can be easily gotten by playing. You don't HAVE to get more pages.You have two runes pages to start with. You can go into the normal queue with two roles picked. Change your two rune pages to suit the two roles you are about to play. A rune page costs the same as a newer champion, you can extend your roster or you can extend your page versatility.
: Maybe if you stop spamming this post
> [{quoted}](name=Frigid Ice Storm,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=Kjv7qQqt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-02-14T23:41:05.051+0000) > > Maybe if you stop spamming this post Huh? As far as I know I posted this once.
: Why does Riot still thinks that 4v5 is still considered a normal thing??
I've played numerous games where a team mate DCed or crashed at the start of the game, came back in the first 3 minutes, or even some time later, and we had no problems and still won. Sometimes yeah, it sucks and those minutes mess up the whole game but not every time. They instead need to make the surrender option appear earlier for teams missing a player. Yeah it sucks that you might lose if they aren't coming back but this would cancel tons of playable games.
Rioter Comments
: The law does have to shift in favour of the user. I think legally it is questionable since you can't draw up a contract entitling someone to engage in illegal behaviour, contrary to popular belief, signing contracts doesn't give you the right to do anything in that contract. The contract itself has to be legal, heck in the UK, you have to be 18 to be able to even legally enter into a contract (I believe.)
> [{quoted}](name=fractalfantasies,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VF1xvsfL,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2016-01-11T22:33:37.993+0000) > > The law does have to shift in favour of the user. > > I think legally it is questionable since you can't draw up a contract entitling someone to engage in illegal behaviour, contrary to popular belief, signing contracts doesn't give you the right to do anything in that contract. The contract itself has to be legal, heck in the UK, you have to be 18 to be able to even legally enter into a contract (I believe.) I feel the law in this matter shouldn't have to shift in the user's favor. If companies had to be at the legal whim of person that were being toxic to their community just because that person gave the company money the community as a whole would be worse off. Regarding the bulk of your statement you are correct. A few examples; here in the US I can never sign myself into slavery, I can't sign away my right to free speech or my other constitutional rights without a judge allowing it and just like the UK if I am under the age of 18 I can not enter a legally binding contract with anyone without my parent/guardian's permission unless I have been legally emancipated. However, if the Riots user agreement contact is deemed to be illegal then that means none of us were allowed to use their server in the first place.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: @Riot, could we give Graves' upcoming innate, "Destiny", another name?
Call it; Tobias Jr. Little Tobias Little Fate Still references TF
Kat1 (NA)
: [Game] Only Say 4 Words
And then existence ended.
Rioter Comments
: WE WANT URF BACK AND PORO KING
I want them to have a game mode that is Hexakill One for All nemesis draft with URF mode enabled. I say we give it that Blackwater brawler minions and items and give everyone the poro king spells. And then everyonce in a while a super Xerath pops up for you to kill.
: ignorant thinking. What if obama made it a law to kill your father. would you do it because you would be breaking the rules if you didnt and dont want to go to jail or does it sound too stupid? This is the type of person that would have been persuaded and followed hitler if he was born in germany 1940
> [{quoted}](name=tonzillacrayon,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=qRE31yht,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2015-10-25T21:19:19.897+0000) > > ignorant thinking. What if obama made it a law to kill your father. would you do it because you would be breaking the rules if you didnt and dont want to go to jail or does it sound too stupid? This is the type of person that would have been persuaded and followed hitler if he was born in germany 1940 Your post is complete and utter nonsense and heres the break down as to why: Step 1; League- A rule was established before he started playing the game Obama- When Obama was running a campaign he stated nothing about having people kill their father HItler- When Hitler was in power in 1940 if I was born in 1940 I would be an infant Step 2; League- He agreed to follow these rules as a prerequisite to play Obama- Whether an incumbent president makes a ludicrous executive order or not is completely outside of my scope of control Hitler- As a 3 year old German in 1943 I no longer shit in a diaper, re-usable cloth diapers I assume given the decade, I even proudly pee in the potty while standing up Step 3; League- He broke the rules and as a result lost his account Obama- The killing by my father of me will not occur as that is insane and I wouldn't be worried about jail as no one in their right mind would enforce this Hitler- 1945 I am five whole years old now, I do not always listen to my parents still as I don't fully comprehend the world around me but that guy with the funny mustache is dead and gosh if that whole reich didn't breeze right by me. An example maybe on your level; If you told me "You can stay at my house if you don't shit in the chairs" and I came over and shitted in the chairs you would kick me out. Should I protest your rules as arbitrary because the chair isn't a person so shitting in it harmed no one? No, thats stupid.
qawr (NA)
: Today marks one year of this account being banned for scripting.
"I broke rules that I agreed to follow, but it was okay because X" Errrrr nah man, that doesn't fly.
: one item does not break the game. they have champions disabled all the time, and ranked goes on
> [{quoted}](name=Poeticpotato,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rILidBAh,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-09-30T15:14:45.019+0000) > > one item does not break the game. they have champions disabled all the time, and ranked goes on Thats apples and oranges, theres over 100 champions and only 4 jungle enchantments.
: The Veigar buffs make him stronger, but don't solve the core post-rework issue—no skill interactions
Put W on a charge system, lower damage and lower damage per hit, and make it so that firing a W into your E makes the E radius shrink. Therefore you get the tormenting thing, {{champion:45}} "Oh you thought you dodged my spell? Well watch your DOOM close in!" Then you can fuck with people when you trap them.
TacoKing (OCE)
: Randuin's on Rammus?
The answer is yes of course its good on him. While it does lessen, though only slightly, the damage he gives to them it more than compensates by reducing crits against him and the armor/health goes with his tanking.
: Another rent a champ plea
Yeah i have another idea, how about like some sort of system where every champion is playable at some point and you can just wait to try it. I think I'm going to call it.... Snickerdoodles NO Free week!
: obviously 4/5 queues are not trolls for you like they are for 99% of league players.
> [{quoted}](name=EloGravityField,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AKRUYsip,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2015-09-07T21:42:30.666+0000) > > obviously 4/5 queues are not trolls for you like they are for 99% of league players. Solution, get 4 not-troll friends to play with.
: It's a realistic way of thinking. Only people who regularly troll are not bothered by trolls.
> [{quoted}](name=EloGravityField,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AKRUYsip,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2015-09-07T20:40:05.985+0000) > > It's a realistic way of thinking. Only people who regularly troll are not bothered by trolls. I never said I wasn't bother by trolls. You misrepresented my point to make your argument sound better. The trolls are annoying but so is the idea of trying to play knowing full well that there are up to 45 chances for the other 9 people in the game to force it to restart without any penalty against them. An example of why is that I was in queue one time and we'll call the guy that was banning on my random team Greg. Greg told us he mained Darius and Nasus, and ended up banning banned 3 champions that no one ever bans. Since Darius got banned he picked Nasus, someone dodged. Now I had 4 other random people and I was now banning. The enemy team had the first ban and banned the same thing Greg banned first. After my first ban, the enemy team banned Greg's second ban. Now that I figured out it was probably Greg the Nasus/Darius main. I banned Darius and Nasus next and explained the situation to team. They picked Tryndamere, so I picked Jax usually counters Tryn, someone dodged. Back with the same team I just had and had already explained the Greg situation to I see the first ban on the other team as Greg's first ban. I am not banning so I suggest Darius and Nasus and re-explain the Greg situation. Our banner bans Kog-maw, Ezreal and some support I don't even remember who cause no one plays her. Enemy team first picks Nasus, the person now above me that wants top and pick Wukong. Getting into game I see that it is in fact Greg. He utterly and totally destroyed Wu. He came mid about 15 minutes in at 4-1 and destroyed my turret and generally ran over everyone for a painful 35 minute game. Sometimes the trolls and the shit talkers are actually good, sometimes they aren't bad enough to drag your team into a loss. On the other hand when I lose a game knowing full well that my situation likely wouldn't have occurred without people dodging. So yeah I just hate it when people dodge.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hobbsgoblin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AKRUYsip,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-09-07T15:11:22.666+0000) > > A day? are you nuts? Maybe 3 dodges a year. > > I don't think an emergency dodge is out of the question but not because you don't like your team, not because you didn't get your lane or champ. 3 a year for "my kid threw up." "my wife went into labor 2 weeks early" "DIIIIIIIARRRRRHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" If you disagree with this you probably are the troll that causes the problem.
> [{quoted}](name=EloGravityField,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AKRUYsip,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-09-07T15:51:39.460+0000) > > If you disagree with this you probably are the troll that causes the problem. Right, that makes sense. Because I think that dodges should only be rarely used in a situation where in you absolutely can not play the game I'm a troll. What is being suggested gives a 5 man ranked team 15-25 dodges a day. 15-25 chances PER DAY to dodge out of a game that their mains got banned or they were counter picked. And EVERY TEAM will have this. With a 25 guaranteed chances to only play games in their favor no team will ever really play since both side will likely be able to dodge the situation.
: Free Dodges
A day? are you nuts? Maybe 3 dodges a year. I don't think an emergency dodge is out of the question but not because you don't like your team, not because you didn't get your lane or champ. 3 a year for "my kid threw up." "my wife went into labor 2 weeks early" "DIIIIIIIARRRRRHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
: Windwall should only block 1 projectile per rank of the skill
It would make more sense i think if it blocked a particular amount of damage with an ap ratio.
Rioter Comments
: what was blitz crank before he was forced into support?
: Why not scrap Clarity and turn it into a support item made out of Tear
How about? Tear of the Goddess + Forbidden Idol 250 Mana 75% Base mana regen 10% Cooldown reduction Unique -- Inspiration: Gain mana regeneration per 5 equal to 1% of your 100 maximum mana Unique – Mana Charge: Grants +4 mana (max +750 mana) for each spell cast and mana expenditure. (Occurs up to 2 times every 8 seconds). Gains +1 mana every 8 seconds. When it transforms gives this Unique -- Clarity: Restores 40% maximum mana to you and your nearby allies.
: How Does One Beat a Darius in Lane? HELP
The update expanded the counterplay against darius, either get out of his Q or stick close to him. Avoid letting him get 5 stacks on you so that you don't give him the power spike. Consider buying Gnar, I usually have trouble playing against Darius but as Gnar is on free week my friend suggested using Gnar and I just completely beat him down, when he would pull me and wind up his Q I just used Gnar's jump to escape it completely you harass witrh your own Q and whenever you go MegaGnar you engage and will generally deal more damage in the trade than him because half the health hes going to hit is the bonus health from mega form.
: How to deal with/beat Zed.
: Is Tank Yi a thing?
Okay so I guess bruiser YI is a more appropriate title for what I did then.
Rioter Comments
Hay5eed (NA)
: Rek Sai Bug?
I say shes more like a lizard.
Stargeeze (EUNE)
: Are there gona be a day , when can refund champions?
You have a like 3 refunds, and i think they refresh every year, you can not however refund a champion you bought two years ago or something.
: Honestly, it probably doesn't make sense to stay what it is if tanky builds are effective for him. Having burst avoidance/mitigation is cool, but having it on top of general tankiness, good damage, and mobility probably isn't cool. I'm not sure whether the best thing to do is to nerf Fizz's E, or to just make him do less damage with tanky builds.
> [{quoted}](name=RiotRepertoir,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3n1bEAfL,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2015-08-19T04:02:49.717+0000) > > Honestly, it probably doesn't make sense to stay what it is if tanky builds are effective for him. Having burst avoidance/mitigation is cool, but having it on top of general tankiness, good damage, and mobility probably isn't cool. I'm not sure whether the best thing to do is to nerf Fizz's E, or to just make him do less damage with tanky builds. So nerf his base damage and buff his ratios on some of his basic's.
: RIOT why not make Thornmail a good item vs life steal builder?
Thornmail technically already counters lifesteal by virtue of reducing the damage you take and therefore the heal. i think this should be a separate item all together or perhaps a mastery?
: Yes because a champion with a free dash on auto attacks, a max %health magic damage nuke just for having a support auto, an infinite scaling flat damage nuke that scales with amount auto'd with no cap, and a get out of jail free card for the support on a 90 - 60 second cooldown without CDR, that can be used as a fucking two second knockup is perfectly healthy and is completely balancable in its current state. I bet you play Lee Sin too.
> [{quoted}](name=Remlap1223,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MHEQFMuI,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2015-08-19T22:01:01.353+0000) > > Yes because a champion with a free dash on auto attacks, a max %health magic damage nuke just for having a support auto, an infinite scaling flat damage nuke that scales with amount auto'd with no cap, and a get out of jail free card for the support on a 90 - 60 second cooldown without CDR, that can be used as a fucking two second knockup is perfectly healthy and is completely balancable in its current state. > > I bet you play Lee Sin too. There is actually a cap due to how computers hold numbers but it is doubtful to reach it in normal scenarios.
: Just to point something out. I've DC'ed 3/4 of my games, and I've never gotten any type of ban because of it. So I don't think it does anything, it just lets you click buttons when you're angry with someone else.
> [{quoted}](name=SpartenA7991,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=8Tcrut0Q,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2015-08-16T05:02:22.147+0000) > > Just to point something out. I've DC'ed 3/4 of my games, and I've never gotten any type of ban because of it. So I don't think it does anything, it just lets you click buttons when you're angry with someone else. If you DC 3/4 games you shouldn't play, its not fair to your team to go in with a 75% chance of randomly dropping out.
: That would be a great idea as well!! +1
> [{quoted}](name=Jinxsterr,realm=NA,application-id=LFfTlAky,discussion-id=XUYVBTnn,comment-id=001b0000,timestamp=2015-08-12T15:21:19.075+0000) > > That would be a great idea as well!! +1 Thanks, I feel like its a good middle ground, they don't have to give us everything but if we have somewhere between 20-40 champions to pool from you can't abuse the system really.
: Rito plz, Open ARAM champ pool to all champs.
Maybe just have ARAM hold onto the last 2-4 weeks of free week rotations
: League of Angels really doesn't have anything that really rips off LoL. Everyone looks at the name and just automatically assumes that's what they're doing.
> [{quoted}](name=SpecterVonBaren,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=EEzuKHc2,comment-id=00000004,timestamp=2015-07-26T22:30:05.226+0000) > > League of Angels really doesn't have anything that really rips off LoL. Everyone looks at the name and just automatically assumes that's what they're doing. What most people don't know is that League of Legends is just a rip off of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen which is a small scale rip off of the League of nations which ripped off my 7th grade science fair project about the solar system. So pretty much, you're welcome.
Ðïana (NA)
: Gangplank with Runeglaive?
They are fixing Runeglaive not to proc ludens.
: Don't kill Ez plz
They're fixing runeglaive
: Except he's a midget who insists to everyone he's the foulest being on the planet.
> [{quoted}](name=Dragonzzilla,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LBEVsN0s,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2015-07-04T23:20:04.537+0000) > > Except he's a midget who insists to everyone he's the foulest being on the planet. If you saw the fan fiction Veigar writes about Poppy and Tristana you'd KNOW he is the foulest being on the planet.
Rioter Comments
: How would you buff brand?
I'd probably make his Sear a stun all the time and give it another effect on things that are ablaze. It such a hard stun to actually use and its not very long.
: > [{quoted}](name=TotalJerk,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=szNka5vE,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2015-07-03T23:37:21.682+0000) > > Riot has acknowledged numerous times that it is a shit item. You're just nagging at this point. You say im nagging but if riot has expressed that the item is bad why has nothing been done to do fix it, remove it or replace it? If i am not the only one who feels this why are we being ignored and this item is just being left in?
> [{quoted}](name=Penta Chins,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=szNka5vE,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2015-07-03T23:54:36.692+0000) > > You say im nagging but if riot has expressed that the item is bad why has nothing been done to do fix it, remove it or replace it? If i am not the only one who feels this why are we being ignored and this item is just being left in? While the item is lackluster there are 3 good alternatives so its not a priority.
Ceredor (NA)
: Fuck Master Yi
Pure ap amumu burst. Ult stops you from attacking LOL
: Gave me a mystery skin instead of a random champion I do not own for adding friend discovery
The "Mystery Champion" item can only apply to accounts with more than X champions to buy. IE I can not give my friend John a mystery champion since he is only missing Gangplank. The same applies to riots mystery champion gift.
Show more

Hobbsgoblin

Level 62 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion