: > [{quoted}](name=Hong Kong Annie,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=3fEAFEHV,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-11-15T23:22:52.548+0000) > > Does ult go through? I thought it was a projectile. It seems i was mistaken, apparently both her R and Q count as projectiles but her autos do not O_O
That's what I thought would happen. Her R looks like a projectile, just it moves extremely fast
: Or she uses ult, or Q. She´s got beams for days {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
Does ult go through? I thought it was a projectile.
: A theory: When Annie grows up she'll become a member of the Black Rose
Personally I think she would be groomed to be a leader, either by LB or General Du Couteau. One thing for certain though a child with her potential won't go unnoticed. A quote from her old lore- "Annie may be one of the most powerful champions ever to have fought in a Field of Justice. I shudder to think of her capabilities when she becomes an adult." - High Councilor Kiersta Mandrake
: Next time you do URF, don't make it Blind Pick.
Nemesis draft URF. Might actually make the mode fun.
Terozu (NA)
: Yeah, everything except for the voice over is amazing. Understandable since it's not a voice actor doing it, but it hits pretty hard.
I don't know, I knida like the VO. But then again I always felt like ekko's original VO was annoying so maybe I'm biased.
: I'm not a Taliyah main but Riot can you ACTUALLY GIVE HER THIS SKIN FFS!
Riot just doesn't know what they are doing with Taliyah. She hasn't gotten a skin since her release over 3 years ago, and they keep changing her core gameplay pattern because they can't figure her out. Riot should change her back to her zone control roaming mage playstyle by giving her back her wave clear and reverting W to is launch state and balance her from there. Maybe once they figure out what they are doing she will get a skin, but right now I doubt she will.
: PLZ DONT QUIT AFTER URF
Not going to happen. People are going to play a few games of URF see the same 15 or so champs in all of them, realize why it was never brought back, and stop playing it.
Luminier (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hong Kong Annie,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qZeIs3QI,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-26T01:16:37.212+0000) > > Thematically champ reworks should be kept close to the original. Riot catches alot of flack (and they should) for their VGUs outright deleting the old character from the game. And not just at a kit level either. A VGU should play, sound and look like the old character just modernized. Changing anything in major way will ruin what some people loved them for. The only people downvoting you are people who don't actually care about what is lost during reworks that remove essences from champions. Which infuriates me, tbh. They have nothing to lose because they never cared in the first place. I wholly agree with you.
I know. The people that fail to see others can grow attached to a character and that changing them can ruin the game for those players just come off as selfish. Like look at varus. I don't think anyone likes the new characterization of him more then the original. While the new one has more story tie in potential, they could and should have preserved the old character while reworking his story.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: >How would you feel if your favorite champ was just removed tomorrow? Considering that my favorite champions (some of them) have been already reworked (Morgana, Kayle, Eve), Eve received quite an upgrade considering her old gameplay and she doesn't look the same as she used to. So i consider this divergence of characters a good thing, if it can be executed successfully. Even Aatrox, where some people just say he isn't the same champion, to me looks and feels like the same champion. He doesn't play the same since his previous gameplay has had numerous issues Riot couldn't fix and there was no point keeping a kit that wasn't going to work, just to not anger some of his mains. >The people that currently play voli should hold more wait in this discussion then everyone who does not, and to suggest otherwise is self-centered and quite frankly disrespectful to his current players. No, they should not. They might main a champion but they do not own them any more than i do. We're not discussing gameplay here and i'm not going to claim that i know more about how he should play as more than they do. However, what he looks like is not copyrighted exclusively to his mains. Especially when Riot releases lore that describes him through various perspectives and yet, he still looks like a big floof that's just slightly electrostatic. To me, i figured that how and why Voli looks the way he does in Udyr's new lore, is probably the Void's corruption. We've seen that the Void corrupts the living (Kassadin, Malzahar), we've seen what "horrors" it spews forth (Voidborn like Kha'Zix, Cho'Gath, Vel'Koz, Kog'Maw, Rek'Sai) and we've seen what it does to the Frostguard, to the people who choose to take the power the Watchers offer for worship (True Ice and Black Ice). But we've never seen it corrupt a demigod - a "diety" far powerful than man. It's not that i don't like the new Voli but we've been lead to believe we're getting something else. Sure, Riot hasn't promised us anything but they've also said they explored this direction too - which i think it's a shame since they again, asked the mains of his looks.
Morgana didn't get a rework just a visual update, while kayle and Eve are thematically the same just with an updated kit. A horror take on voli would be a complete thematic overhaul of his character which agian riot should be trying to avoid.
: Skins and champions will NOT cross between mobile LOL and pc LOL, they said that.
Mobile league sure. But they said mobile tft would have cross play so it would have to link to your account somehow, and I imagine all unlocks and rewards cross between the two.
Quáx (NA)
: I don't know why everyone is reminiscing of old times when it def wasn't perfect Season 5 had feral flare Juggernauts New Fiora Preseason that year had Rek said which was one of the craziest release champs to this day A terrible worlds meta Little to no jungle diversity with Elise being so dominant And more Get off your high horse and start remembering that the season wasn't perfect, no season was.
2 of your points the Juggernauts and worlds meta are basically the same. The Juggernaut update came out like the patch before worlds. And to wright off the whole season for what is essentially the last patch of it doesn't seem right.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Your idea the exact opposite of what a Rework should aim for. If it's possible to preserve the old look and feel, sure. But forcing familiarity with older players instead of trying to pair this with the current narrative, gameplay and design choices in order not to alienate his "mains" - they don't own this champion any more than i do. Therefore we should not strive to make reworks fit to an idea of what their mains think of them. Leauge of Legends is supposed to be the game that lasts a long time. We're already at a 10 year milestone. Players on the other hand, are not long lasting in majority of cases. I've been here for 10 years too but that can change for whatever reason tomorrow or in another 10 years. Trying to please someone today might mean that the old playerbase Riot wanted to cater to, might dwindle and completely disappear and leave the champion in the same bad spot despite being reworked recently. I'd rather not see 10 different reworks akin to what Ryze gets annually. It doesn't work for the players and Riot certainly doesn't want to revisit a champion in a major way every year.
Ignoring the current players of the champ leaves you with situations like Karma or Aatrox. Where a large portion of players aren't happy with the direction and I would argue they aren't even in a better spot gameplay wise. If the reworked champ doesn't look, sound or play the same as the original then just make a new champ. Reworks should try to keep the identity of the old champ otherwise there is no point in a rework. How would you feel if your favorite champ was just removed tomorrow? Riot should handle their reworks with much more care then they do, and it seems they are finally learning that lesson. Only for posts like these to pop criticizing them for doing the right thing for their players. The people that currently play voli should hold more wait in this discussion then everyone who does not, and to suggest otherwise is self-centered and quite frankly disrespectful to his current players.
: Which would you prefer: Horror Volibear or the more Classic/Current Volibear design?
Thematically champ reworks should be kept close to the original. Riot catches alot of flack (and they should) for their VGUs outright deleting the old character from the game. And not just at a kit level either. A VGU should play, sound and look like the old character just modernized. Changing anything in major way will ruin what some people loved them for.
: Why not just add Victorious tokens
Eh. Most victorious skins aren't that good, even if you let players pick you would still rarely see them in game. I don't really see the point in changing the system now after all these years.
: Riot should learn from Hi-Rez about skins (+list of champions with 1000+ days break)
I'm just throwing this out here, LCS skins don't count towards Riots skin development cycle. So a champ like {{champion:163}} should also be on the list considering she has been out for 3 years and has only gotten the SSG skin since her release.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hong Kong Annie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7kRMea5d,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-10-20T18:21:55.885+0000) > > Not really though. A fed Darius is hard to deal with because of his damage and survivability, a fed malph is just malph with more AP. And all you need to do is Dodge his ult with {{summoner:4}} {{item:3157}} or any champ with a dash/blink and he is actually worthless. "Lol just use your 300 second summoner spell to deal with a -60 second ultimate bro, or maybe just use a 120 second CD active item that only certain champions can build!!"
You just need to do it once in a late game fight. Once AP malph ults he is basically worthless which will cost his team the game if he misses the ult. And anyone can build {{item:2419}}
: But he's like Darius. All it takes is one idiot on your team to spoil the entire game from that point onward
Not really though. A fed Darius is hard to deal with because of his damage and survivability, a fed malph is just malph with more AP. And all you need to do is Dodge his ult with {{summoner:4}} {{item:3157}} or any champ with a dash/blink and he is actually worthless.
: My Thoughts on Why NA Struggles Internationally
I think a big part of why the ranked ladder problem has alot to do with the internet infrastructure in the US. I'm not sure how it is in Europe, but I know in China and Korea They have high bandwidth internet in very dence population centers which results in low latency to the servers. In NA most alot of places don't have high bandwidth internet, and our population is spread over a large area resulting in higher average ping. Not to mention from my experience ISPs in NA are less than reliable. My own ping can be 26 one game and 65 the next all because my ISP started routing my traffic a different way. And I can tell you that sometimes makes the difference between life and death or dodging a skill shot or not. So bottom line not everyone has the dedication and skill to complete at the highest level, but even those that do might not have the means to do so.
: I mean, I disagree. If you look back on the months and months of Tahm nerfs and changes, you'll see the same reasoning every time. Tahm's Devour is too strong in the hands of pros, because they can actively deny mistakes teammates make, or instantly move them out of the way of an ability that might hit. They've nerfed Tahm's devour to hell and back because of how powerful it was in coordinated play, not for it's offensive uses, but how god-tier a defensive tool it was. The things they buff in return? His ability to start fights and his trading. And Sejuani has nothing to do with the "Low Lethality" aspect of the argument. Like the person talking about her in the original post, Sejuani was nerfed because she was just too powerful a champion in the hands of champions. It has nothing to do with her not doing enough damage, it has everything to do that she was just too good a champion, the same case as always when we look at other Pro-play champions like Shen, Azir, and Ryze.
It's hard for me to accept that 'low lethality' means overall safety and stoping plays or people from being punished in the same game that lets pyke exist in his current state. Every reason to nerf TK is applicable to pyke, the only difference is that pyke doesn't just shutdown plays but also sets them up.
: Post in question for those wondering: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/ApIZIVkn-lol-riots-reason-for-gutting-all-the-tanks-champions-is-because-they-are-low-lethality-for-lcs Correction in question for those wondering: > [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ApIZIVkn,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-10-05T09:04:39.616+0000) > > Assuming this is what you're going off of, you're completely misinterpreting the context of it. When they say low-lethality, they don't mean "people who have low kill potential", because their example is Tahm Kench, a tank whose had no issue killing folk these last few patches. They're talking about Low lethality in terms of "They actively stop plays too easily", leading to points where mistakes can't be punished. Once again, Tahm Kench is the example here, a champion whose been an issue in the past due to too easily negating plays and picks with his Devour. > > Worlds is a spectacle event, no one wants to spend hours watching nothing happen, and then one fight decides the game. Riot's quote isn't even saying "Low Lethality champions", it specifically says "Low Lethality Metas", meaning, games where nothing happens. Tanks are anything but low lethality, because they are active play makers, making picks and engaging fights. They are everything that Riot wants with worlds, people actively picking fights. > > What Riot doesn't want, are games where nothing happens, because no ones mistakes can be punished.
That's one way of interpreting the quote sure. But you could easily argue for the original meaning in the thread. Where 'low lethality' would be taken literal as in low damage. And the better example which most people are using in that thread for that point is Sej.
: What tanks beyond Sej or TK have been gutted? I’m assuming Repertoir was talking about too much safety when discussing low lethality since he gave TK (notorious for keeping people safe in pro play) as an example. Things like Kindred, Zil, stopwatch, excess wave-clear, and excess vision can and have made pro play boring in the past since the excess safety tends to punish proactive plays resulting in low lethality games.
: A temporary Hide and Seek mode for League
It wouldn't need a different map. The crystal scar is still in the game files, a dedicated mode on that map would still be fun.
: Burst damage makes it harder to appreciate pro skills
Honestly I have to agree. I used to watch the LCS regularly, follow a few team to catch all of their games, but now I haven't watched a match this last split and have not seen a game of worlds yet. It's just not as fun to watch anymore.
: ok and? the lcs is for entertainment to have people watch, which would bring in more money from companies wanting to by ad time during the games which makes riot money. its like any other professional sport, NFL they really handcuffed the defense and it allowed and open up the passing game, hence why we see QBs throwing for 50 tds a season and 5000 yards now. points/flashy sale just as people cry that the tank meta was boring and made the game to slow, same was in the NFL in the past , when games were 13 to 17 all the time. now we have 27 to 31 non stop. or hell 55 to 40 like the Buccs vs the Rams a week ago.
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8pKWRXXz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-04T22:47:36.444+0000) > > ok and? > The point being people and riot themselves normally refuse this fact. Not to mention it is still just a terrible way to balance a game. Unlike in most traditional sports like in the NFL where there is always a defensive line, in a game like league where teams are limited to only one comp the entire game having defense deliberately weaker for the sake of viewership practically makes entire champs, classes, and playstyles irrelevant.
Rioter Comments
: Arurf still sucks.
ARURF sucks sure but it's better than regular URF. At least with AR the game doesn't devolved into picking the same 10 champs every game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Banazîr Galbasi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEEgoFM1,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-09-21T23:17:41.114+0000) > > To add to what Predatorator said (about melee range), Skarner's ult has a 0.25 second channel during which he stops and the enemy has time to get away. Unless the enemy stays in range for the whole time, Skarner can't just use his ult as engage. > > In the same vein as his ult being melee, Skarner can't actually engage 1v5 like people act like he does. If he tries to drag a squishy backliner, it means running solo through the enemy frontline, and without mobility he is very vulnerable to CC. He's excellent for following someone else's engage or stopping the enemy engage, but it's very uncommon that you see Skarner actually getting a pull on a vital carry into his own backline. A channel that short can’t be interrupted without predicting it. Average human reaction time is 0.25 seconds if they know something is going to happen (significantly longer if they don’t) and assuming most of us have a faster reaction time, being around 0.20 seconds it should be doable. But then ping. On zero ping that becomes an issue. On average ping of around 40-75 it’s no longer reactable.
That is the reaction time for visual information, for an audio que it is about half of that. Well within the range to react to his ult. And that is before factoring in predictions because there is almost no case where he will get his ult off without you seeing him before hand
Charmy Bird (EUNE)
: Let's not forget about the leaked mobile game they have which is basically a league port on mobile
There was also that lengends of Runeterra trademark like a year ago, and riot bought that fighting game studio and recently confirmed they were making a fighting game.
darkdill (NA)
: Given Demacia's current state after the Lux comic, will we see an Inquisitor Champion at some point?
No. The next Demacia champ needs to be one of their mounted wyvern knights.
: TFT i would totally be acceptable with being that its point click everything. However i doubt sr would come to mobile due to how awkward it would be to play as say, Zed. Its impossible to control his shadows with touch controls.
> [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WpcLijvp,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-09-16T13:50:01.786+0000) > > TFT i would totally be acceptable with being that its point click everything. > > However i doubt sr would come to mobile due to how awkward it would be to play as say, Zed. Its impossible to control his shadows with touch controls. League mobile was already leaked there are videos of it being played on YouTube. It is happening so get used to it.
: Remember Taliyah
Honestly I liked her better before the W lockout change, they should revert her back to that. And I don't know how the skin team at riot made that new Riven skin on the PBE and didn't think to make it a Taliyah skin instead. That homegaurd animation is perfect for her passive, and a skin that revolves around throwing swords or daggers would be great.
Subdue (NA)
: If only there was a ranked mode where you could pick your team so that you would be sure everyone shared your mindset instead of trying to impose your preferences on complete strangers...
Even complete strangers should go into a ranked game with the intention to win with their team, if not they shouldn't be playing ranked and in all honesty there should be some kind of punishment for not playing to win.
: You've invented a scenario where not healing is a missplay. I never said "not healing to save a support would never lead to an adc playing out a scenario badly". I'm merely pointing out that a lot of supports go too pepeGA or try to ward when no one is visible on the map. There are lots of situations where you can avoid needing to be healed to prevent you from dying. I don't want any low elo support reading this like "relaatable dude" as if they don't bear a large part of the blame for getting in these situations for free most of the time I was also pointing out that an ADC might not heal you so that they can possibly do more in an upcoming teamfight while you're respawning. If they heal you, you'll need to recall so you might not be present for a fight anyway. Would you prefer to have heal or no heal in a fight?
No using heal on your support to save them is the right play 99% of the time. Even if they misplayed to get in a bad situation not using heal would just make it worse. That's giving up a kill and conceding lane pressure to your opponents, which will cost you way more than anything you could gain from having heal for a later fight. The worst case scenario for using your heal is your support dies, but if the fight was close using heal would at the very least force out your opponents if not outright win you the fight. Bottom line. If you aren't going to use heal on a teammate take barrier instead. You get more from barrier then healing for one anyway, and this way your team won't expect you to ever be a team player.
Naalith (NA)
: Ahh your last paragraph, you misunderstand the way of the rito gam. They usually won't just revert the dumbass buffs and nerfs they did exclusively for pro play, they instead say "well preseason is pretty soon so like the balance will change lol just deal with it." Reminds me of season 7. "We can't nerf Ardent Censor because Worlds is like 6 months away. Okay it's after Worlds and we finally nerfed it, but all this other imbalance as a result of the meta for the whole year changing? Well preseason is 2 to 3 months out so we can't change it."
And then during preseason it's "well it's preseason so somethings are bound to be unbalanced." Then it's "well the season just started so we don't want to shake the meta up to much." Then "well the mid season update is coming up so we won't do any big changes till then". That just repeats over and over again. They keep putting out excuses for why the game is in such a bad balance spot but don't ever try to fix. It's even worse when players believe these excuses and use them to defend riot.
: Wait this is for worlds. Where is the Orianna buffs. You can't have worlds without Lee Sin and Orianna.
> [{quoted}](name=Wayward Son,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2B8vX7T0,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-08-31T00:06:00.954+0000) > > Wait this is for worlds. Where is the Orianna buffs. You can't have worlds without Lee Sin and Orianna. Oh hey look [here](http://www.surrenderat20.net/2019/09/912-pbe-update-new-splash-art.html?m=1) it is.
: Hextech Amumu Splash-Art is heartbreaking
Are all the hextech skins toys? The kid kinda looks like Annie playing with Tibbers. What if the whole skin line is just her toys?
DalekZec (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Elipo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=00070002,timestamp=2019-09-12T04:03:25.968+0000) > > He already knew. Didn't you read the first issue? Yeah I did. But I understood it as, Garen was suspicious that his sister was a mage.
It's heavily implied in his story that he knew all along, he just didn't want the confirmation of it being true. You can read it [here](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/garen-color-story/)
Jbels (NA)
: Tanks die way too quickly and have way too few options
While tank items do kinda suck compared to their offensive counterparts, a bigger problem is that tanks can't really play the game. Unless your Sion who can outright win trades in lane, or Nunu with high sustain and gank potential, what are you supposed to do? Almost every other tank will outright lose lane, or get out pressured in the jungle. Tanks just can't compete with other classes from the start of the game, even if they had better items and could survive fights they still wouldn't be played.
: This post needs so much more attention. People love complaining about bad events but won't praise Riot when they openly tell everyone that their going to make them better.
Telling and doing are two different things. Earlier this year riot said that star gaurdian was coming back, the skins did but not the event everyone wanted. You should hold your breath for when or if riot actually releases a better event. Nobody should praise anybody for unfulfilled promises.
3 Tears (NA)
: A point people forget is that turret plating can help stop snowballs. If you are losing lane and their laner decides to roam and go bot lane or something, you can then shove lane and catch up on gold.
That requires the enemy to basically intentionally throw the game. That's like saying if you int 5 kills over you can come back and kill him for the shut down, while that's true the enemy would have to be an idiot to throw that lead.
Vantafox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wayward Son,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=003000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T19:27:47.802+0000) > > Hold on that is just simply not true. The system for chat behavior is almost entirely automated. If someone is being toxic the system will punish the same regardless of if they have been muted. And in order to get flagged by the system for a check is to get a single report from anybody in the game. So unless everyone has them muted (in which case are they really even being toxic?) they will still get a report and be punished. > > So yes someone could just /mute all every game and the system would still punish offenders as long as everyone doesn't. You speak under the assumption that anyone else on your team will report them, and that is assuming they themselves are are not having a chip on their shoulder. If the statistics are anything to go by, a decent portion of stuff goes unreported.
> [{quoted}](name=Vantafox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0030000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T19:54:42.170+0000) > > You speak under the assumption that anyone else on your team will report them, and that is assuming they themselves are are not having a chip on their shoulder. > > If the statistics are anything to go by, a decent portion of stuff goes unreported. all it takes is one of the 9 other people to report a toxic player. If you mute all at game start then you obviously won't be that one person, but if someone is genuinely toxic someone else will report them. And if you wait to mute untill they start being toxic like a reasonable person you have one guaranteed report, yours.
Vantafox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MaskedMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0030,timestamp=2019-09-02T19:03:36.255+0000) > > if you are having a bad day you can simply do /muteall or /mute all (i dont remember which it is). its the same as someone having some kind of punishment not allowing them to talk but you put in the TINY TINY effort to make it happen. > > regardless of how easy it is to mute people. you shouldnt play league when you are feeling bad. you are very prone to play worse and no one likes you for doing so. > > people need to realize toxicity in games is just the way of internet life. and there is no true way to silence everyone unless they make it where there is no form of communication. Except it is objectively not the same. There is no punishment to reinforce the intolerable behaviour as intolerable. In fact, it is then less likely to be punished and thus have no effect on the perpetrator, since you won't report what you did not witness. And they're probably still chatting away once muted anyways. Plus some people play as a pick-me-up. They shouldn't play either because someone might tilt them?
> [{quoted}](name=Vantafox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00300000,timestamp=2019-09-02T19:14:19.802+0000) > > Except it is objectively not the same. There is no punishment to reinforce the intolerable behaviour as intolerable. In fact, it is then less likely to be punished and thus have no effect on the perpetrator, since you won't report what you did not witness. And they're probably still chatting away once muted anyways. > > Plus some people play as a pick-me-up. They shouldn't play either because someone might tilt them? Hold on that is just simply not true. The system for chat behavior is almost entirely automated. If someone is being toxic the system will punish the same regardless of if they have been muted. And in order to get flagged by the system for a check is to get a single report from anybody in the game. So unless everyone has them muted (in which case are they really even being toxic?) they will still get a report and be punished. So yes someone could just /mute all every game and the system would still punish offenders as long as everyone doesn't.
Lapis (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wayward Son,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=001700000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:10:42.287+0000) > > That's the problem it takes way longer then it should and most people don't care about someone being toxic. That is why they say Riot shouldn't focus on toxic people, because it's effect on the end user is basically non-existent. It seems I missed my point. They're not focusing on toxic people. Barely any resources are being put towards that, because that side of it's all automated. I think people are under the impression that because people are being punished for toxicity, it means that Riot doesn't care about punishing trolls. But it actually works the other way. Because the use of a bot frees up a whole bunch of human resources, more of that is being put into looking over cases of trolling.
> [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0017000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:15:34.281+0000) > > It seems I missed my point. They're not focusing on toxic people. Barely any resources are being put towards that, because that side of it's all automated. I think people are under the impression that because people are being punished for toxicity, it means that Riot doesn't care about punishing trolls. But it actually works the other way. Because the use of a bot frees up a whole bunch of human resources, more of that is being put into looking over cases of trolling. How Riot deals with it or how many resources it takes wasn't the question being asked, and it means nothing in the context of the question. The question being asked is why people are saying Riot shouldn't put resources into dealing with toxic people. And that answer is simply there are people who actively try to ruin games that go mostly unpunished, which has a much bigger effect on their games then people being toxic.
Lapis (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wayward Son,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2019-09-02T15:56:04.796+0000) > > Because toxicity is such a minor problem in comparison to others and it is the only one that can be directly dealt with by the end user by just muting players. Riot should focus their punishment system to better detect and deal with trolls, AFKs, griefers and boosters. > > Right now it's if someone says mean things they get banned. But if someone actively goes out of their way to ruin the game for 9 other people? Nope no problem, that's fine. Focusing on one doesn't have to mean ignoring the other. Toxicity may be a minor problem, but it's the easier problem to deal with. It's detected by a bot, and the punishment goes through in most cases without a person even looking at it. Trolls are harder to detect by a bot, so each case has to be reviewed by a person. It takes longer, for sure, and there's more room for error, which is why it seems like it's not being dealt with at all. But it is, it's just not as easy. But understand, people being punished for toxicity in no way interferes with the amount of resources spent on punishing trolls and the like.
> [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmA3GaMV,comment-id=00170000,timestamp=2019-09-02T16:03:42.743+0000) > > Focusing on one doesn't have to mean ignoring the other. Toxicity may be a minor problem, but it's the easier problem to deal with. It's detected by a bot, and the punishment goes through in most cases without a person even looking at it. > Trolls are harder to detect by a bot, so each case has to be reviewed by a person. It takes longer, for sure, and there's more room for error, which is why it seems like it's not being dealt with at all. But it is, it's just not as easy. > But understand, people being punished for toxicity in no way interferes with the amount of resources spent on punishing trolls and the like. That's the problem it takes way longer then it should and most people don't care about someone being toxic. That is why they say Riot shouldn't focus on toxic people, because it's effect on the end user is basically non-existent.
: Why are there so many "Riot should not focus on toxicity" threads right now??
Because toxicity is such a minor problem in comparison to others and it is the only one that can be directly dealt with by the end user by just muting players. Riot should focus their punishment system to better detect and deal with trolls, AFKs, griefers and boosters. Right now it's if someone says mean things they get banned. But if someone actively goes out of their way to ruin the game for 9 other people? Nope no problem, that's fine.
Sande EU (EUNE)
: 2V2 3V3 4V4 TFT
I would rather see something like MTGs two headed giant. Where teams would share a health pool but not resources.
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: Lee , Cait , Riven buffs incoming
Wait this is for worlds. Where is the Orianna buffs. You can't have worlds without Lee Sin and Orianna.
: Fix the Biggest Probems In League of Legends
The biggest thing league needs is a new banning system. The current one is garbage and troll, AFKs, griefers, and boosters are far worse for the game then anything you listed.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wayward Son,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iaoF8I2Z,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T19:37:54.576+0000) > > And they are taking away the only other thing she brings to a fight away for it. Without enraged on Tibbers Annie goes back to being the binary playstyle of burst engage and kill your target or you are worthless. It goes back on the old Annie changes from the mage update that was designed to give her more options in the game. > > Tibbers is a summon and he should bring something to a fight outside of the initial burst. And Annie needs more engage options then such a short term movent speed burst, so you will still need protobelt, hexflash, or predator to engage when flash is down. The enraged thing doesn't offer enough to make Annie worth anything. It's better she have an innate way of enabling herself without flash or sinking thousands into itemization. If she has to shave power for that, then do so.
This buff won't be enough to change her itemization, while taking away alot of what she offers after the engage. Playing around enraged Tibbers is all Annie really has after the engage with R, and I argue she doesn't need more engage tools she already is fairly well off in that department. What she needs is to contribute more then just a burst engage, that is her biggest weakness right now is she doesn't offer enough and they are taking most of what else she brings away.
Rαy (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wayward Son,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iaoF8I2Z,comment-id=000600000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T22:19:30.393+0000) > > Right now Tibbers is enraged and hitting her target on summon. So whether you realize it or not it does contribute burst to her target. Squishy targets die before TIbbers lands a hit.
Show more

Hong Kong Annie

Level 160 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion