: You can beat the wall as many times as you want with the argument that Pyke (and ONLY Pyke) should be Support Exclusive. You need to realize the hole you are going down is a very tiny, narrow one. You say I don't appreciate stats, yet I literally looked up Pyke's average death rate to rebuke you on him "being able to have too much survivability." I say YOU don't appreciate stats, because you argue in biased text. When you bring up his Solo Lane, you fail to mention that he's only 52% in MID. Top/Jung/Support are all 50% You also fail to even consider support's impact from losing 2 aoes in terms of minion clear. Maybe YOU don't CS or try to freeze a lane. Most people who attempt higher elos DO. It's not about his aoe having insane clear. It's about being able to do the job within the itemization forced upon him. If a Support Pyke buys a Tiamat, he's not buying lethality. That drastically changes the pace of the game/gold incomes and XP. There's nothing you can possibly argue that will make Pyke Support somehow retain 50% with these nerfs. Solo Lanes will drop 8-9%. Support will drop 6-7%. I love facts and statistics. But I love WHOLE stats/statistics.
> You can beat the wall as many times as you want with the argument that Pyke (and ONLY Pyke) should be Support Exclusive. You need to realize the hole you are going down is a very tiny, narrow one. You _say_ you like stats and evidence but whenever anyone brings them up, you disregard them entirely and refuse to acknowledge anything that disproves your agenda. Pyke is not weak, Pyke has historically been and is _currently_ balanced as supported by his 50% winrate. [Why don't you take a crack at this response that you ignored instead of opening up the same pointless discussion again?](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/tgpoUMEy-pyke-should-not-be-able-to-execute-through-shields?comment=0015)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mVxEOf9V,comment-id=00010000000000000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T14:16:30.006+0000) > > What? > > Okay, first off _yes_ it is a supportive ultimate. I know the phrase is memed a ton but death _is_ the best CC. Finishing off a kill early and duplicating the kill gold snowballs _his entire team_ in addition to removing problematic champions from fights before they have a chance to back or clutch the teamfight. No, it's really not. It has little to no counterplay on top of being able to kill at 50%. Supports aren't meant to do that damage. > > Also, it doesn't "ruin" anything. It's a K/D/A that doesn't have any bearing on the game whatsoever. End game rating means a lot, so yes, he ruins people's scores and puts people behind. > > Secondly, his damage capabilities aren't even that high. _Pyke is one of the lowest damage output champions in the game, he very rarely if ever goes above the 6th highest damage in the match._ Every website shows this in great detail, so check out OP.GG, League of Graphs, Champion.GG, Lolayltics, anywhere. The information is right there for you to see. Again, talking about his god awful ultimate like I said above. > > Well Riot classifies him as a support, the client classifies him as a support, the majority of the playerbase classifies him as a support, even websites like OP.GG classify him as a support. Again, he's just an assassin that was stupidly put in the bot lane. He's not a support even if they say he is. > > But yeah, I guess your one opinion is just a fact and everyone else is wrong, right? > > Okay one, that's a pretty horrible way to view the game. Classes aren't and shouldn't be resigned to one playstyle and one playstyle alone, different champions are going to be released that slightly shift the conventional rules. It's healthy for the game and something that makes League unique. It is literally how the game was made, and how I was taught to play. Sure, there are champs that can play multiple roles, that's fine but what Pyke is is not healthy for the game and makes the game worse. > > Also _again_, Pyke has been well balanced since release and he has clear windows of counterplay. It's not like he was released, flipped the game upside down and is the best champion in the game now. Lmao. He was borderline OP before they took out his tank build. > > He was released, offered a unique take on the support role, and is a strong, healthy pick when compared to his counterparts. He doesn't offer any unique take on the support role, and is a very unhealthy pick. **He needs deleted from the game.**
>No, it's really not. It has little to no counterplay on top of being able to kill at 50%. Supports aren't meant to do that damage. I suggest you watch Pyke counterplay guides or read up on how he works, because you have a lot to learn. Again, one of the lowest damage outputs in the game. Ranked in the lowest in terms of the support pool itself. >End game rating means a lot, so yes, he ruins people's scores and puts people behind. For the purposes of ranked, a win is generally a win. You don't need to solo carry with an obscenely high score to rise in rank, winning the game is enough. For everything else, no, it doesn't matter and that's a fact. If Pyke finishes the game 11/0/4 and his ADC finishes 7/3/13, his ADC is still going to have a **monumental** amount of bonus gold and will be very far ahead. KDA means absolutely nothing. >Again, talking about his god awful ultimate like I said above. In the comment I'm currently replying to, you specifically said "Supports aren't meant to do that damage." In the previous comment you said "supports don't have huge damage capabilities." And in the comment before _that,_ you said "Supports aren't meant to kill or do large amounts of damage." Make up your mind. >Again, he's just an assassin that was stupidly put in the bot lane. He's not a support even if they say he is. So you're basically admitting to being ignorant and disregarding all of the factual evidence that's been presented to you, nice. >It is literally how the game was made, and how I was taught to play. Sure, there are champs that can play multiple roles, that's fine but what Pyke is is not healthy for the game and makes the game worse. No, the fact is that because you don't like playing against (or with) Pyke, that makes him an objectively broken or unbalanced champion. ##Here's the facts. - For the majority of his existence, Pyke has been at, below, or only _slightly_ above a 50% winrate. Statistically speaking, Pyke is very balanced. - His problematic builds or playstyles (solo Pyke and tank Pyke) are being removed and have been removed respectively. Tank Pyke hasn't made a return since. - Just because you don't like something or can't play against it doesn't make it broken. - Pyke's kit has incredible windows of counterplay. If you need to learn how to play against him, I suggest checking out some guides or playing him yourself. His Q is telegraphed and has a long windup just to reach the same parameters as a Thresh hook, is W has a massive indicator, his E and ultimate are telegraphed and any dash/blink/stasis/heal/MS boost can counter them. Some of his hardest counters (enchanters like Sona, Nami, and Soraka) are very meta at the moment as well. In short, actively learn how go play against a champion instead of blindly and incorrectly saying they have no counterplay. >Lmao. He was borderline OP before they took out his tank build. I agree. That's why it was removed over **_FIFTEEN_** patches ago and hasn't been allowed to return since. Pyke returned to a balanced state and has stayed there since 8.22, something which I'm sure you'll disagree with even though statistical, anecdotal, and factual evidence proves you wrong. >He doesn't offer any unique take on the support role, Factually wrong. Supports were primarily tanks or enchanters before Pyke came along. The only exceptions were mages like Brand and Zyra who weren't designed to support in the first place. Say Pyke is bad, say he's OP, but he's definitely unique. > and is a very unhealthy pick.  A consistent 50% winrate across all ELOs is unbalanced? Damn, I guess Ziggs, Soraka, Swain, and Vayne are all unbalanced too. >He needs deleted from the game. Yes, let's just delete every champion instead of learning how to counter them and play around their openings. All champions should be 100% identical and skill shouldn't matter at all, that will make the game better.
Aladoron (EUW)
: > I specifically explained that in this context "multiple sources" means from a large span of players across a very small ELO I do not even see what are you talking about... Yes, he was reported by a lot of people. A lot of people reporting him contributed to his punishment. This is the definition of stacking reports. > his ban was not the result of multiple people brute-force reporting him. I never talked about brute force reporting. I was talking about stacking reports, which means that "a lot of reports > 1 report", in this case this happened. Even YOU use in the explanation the "multiple reports".... EDIT: Basically with this usage Rito defined the "little bit trolling" case, when they did not punish him for trolling in one game, but punished him for "almost trolling" in multiple games. I've never seen any case like this before only the Nunu and Singed supports, which were stupid cases as well. > People hated Nubrac's strategy, full stop. Just like people hate Yasuo, full stop. Playing a strategy what others hate is not against the rules as far as i know. Feel free to quote the ToS on this. > Look, if you hate Yasuo and think all Yasuo players are griefers, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I never said all Yasuo players are griefers. > However that does not factually mean all Yasuo players are toxic and hated by everyone (to the point where they would be considered griefers.) I'm quiet sure he was not hated by "everyone" as well... > Underperforming with a champion =/= consistently griefing your team in a way that directly sets them back even after they ask you not to do it. Did he grief, or his team just didnt like his strategy? So i can not play a champion, when my team asks me not to do it? Again, i ask you to quote the ToS whichs says, you MUST pick, what your team says. > after a certain point it's considered griefing if you can't win the majority of your games and it pisses people off So you consider everything griefing what has <50% winrate? Or what pisses your own team off? Where can i get my teammate banned who plays his 30% winrate Zed on mid, and "trolls"? Oh, i'm sorry, this feature is only unlocked for people who have friends at Rito...
> I do not even see what are you talking about... Yes, he was reported by a lot of people. A lot of people reporting him contributed to his punishment. This is the definition of stacking reports. > No, the conventional definition of stacking reports means that a group of players will an individual multiple times for _one_ offense in the hopes that a punishment will be reached faster. That's not what happened, _multiple_ players across _multiple_ ELOs took issue with Nubrac's behavior and as a result Riot realized that the playerbase considered it to be griefing, and reverted their decision instead choosing to agree with what the majority of the playerbase considers griefing. Nubrac's punishment wasn't a result of him having reports stacked against him, it was a constant stream of **valid** reports that Riot refused to acknowledge until they ended up realizing their mistakes and amended the situation. It's a very specific and complicated scenario and it doesn't sound like you fully understand. > I never talked about brute force reporting. I was talking about stacking reports, which means that "a lot of reports > 1 report", in this case this happened. Even YOU use in the explanation the "multiple reports".... > Yes, because _again_, his punishment wasn't **just** the result of multiple reports, it was due to multiple reports spread across a very long timeframe with valid grievances and statistical evidence which Riot refused to acknowledge. > Just like people hate Yasuo, full stop. Playing a strategy what others hate is not against the rules as far as i know. Feel free to quote the ToS on this. > You're right, but I never said it being hated was the sole reason for him being punished. This is why I didn't respond to the other comment and why I won't be responding after this one: You're not looking at the bigger picture of what I'm saying. You're ignoring the multiple factors that contributed to his punishment and instead you're trying to hone in on one specific reason when there's a much larger puzzle at hand. _Nubrac was punished due to compounding factors, not because of one specific incident or factor._ > I never said all Yasuo players are griefers. > Except you compared Yasuo players to Nubrac's strategy, something that many players consider to be griefing. Just because something is hated doesn't mean it's considered griefing _which is why I've been providing multiple factors as to why Nubrac is considered a griefer and not just one, because he is "hated."_ > I'm quiet sure he was not hated by "everyone" as well... > Okay, well first off you're objectively incorrect because he was reported by multiple players on a scale grand enough to make Riot change their decision on him. Secondly, you could find any amount of players who enjoyed playing with Nubrac and it would still be eclipsed by the people who didn't enjoy playing with him. Go check any one of the hundreds of posts made on this situation and you'll see that the majority of Master-Challenger players hated his strategy. If you need some evidence, go check out the pro player tweets I linked in my original comment. > Did he grief, or his team just didnt like his strategy? So i can not play a champion, when my team asks me not to do it? Again, i ask you to quote the ToS whichs says, you MUST pick, what your team says. More of the same, you're trying to pinpoint one specific reason for his ban when in reality it was triggered due to a myriad of reasons. > So you consider everything griefing what has <50% winrate? Or what pisses your own team off? Where can i get my teammate banned who plays his 30% winrate Zed on mid, and "trolls"? Oh, i'm sorry, this feature is only unlocked for people who have friends at Rito... Riot, pro players, Master players, Challenger players, and the community have already made it abundantly clear that winrate was not the only reason for his punishment. I suggest you do more research and _actually look_ at the information that's being presented to you.
Aladoron (EUW)
: I already did, also wrote a comment there, and you did not make sense there either :\ Like: You argue that he deserves a ban because "multiple sources of reports" - But you do not call it report stacking. You argue that players in his ELO hated him - Yet you are fine with yasuo mains roaming the rift (also hated by everyone) " after your teammates have asked you not to do so." - Apparently you think that everyone is the slave of their teammates, but i'm sure if you respond to this, you will say, that nobody is a slave of their team. You make statements to explain the ban on Teemo, then you deny ALL of those statements in your next sentence when the same logic is used on anything else...
Ah, now I remember you. > You argue that he deserves a ban because "multiple sources of reports" - But you do not call it report stacking. I specifically explained that in this context "multiple sources" means from a large span of players across a very small ELO, his ban was not the result of multiple people brute-force reporting him. They had legitimate grievances with the way he played. I suggest you go to Twitter, Reddit, or the Boards and research the anecdotal evidence that people shared on the subject. People hated Nubrac's strategy, full stop. > You argue that players in his ELO hated him - Yet you are fine with yasuo mains roaming the rift (also hated by everyone) This is one of the reasons I didn't respond to your 2nd comment on that post. Look, if you hate Yasuo and think all Yasuo players are griefers, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. However that _does not_ factually mean all Yasuo players are toxic and hated by everyone (to the point where they would be considered griefers.) Two separate situations entirely. To quote myself specifically: "Underperforming with a champion =/= consistently griefing your team in a way that _directly_ sets them back even after they ask you not to do it." > " after your teammates have asked you not to do so." - Apparently you think that everyone is the slave of their teammates, but i'm sure if you respond to this, you will say, that nobody is a slave of their team. Yeah, because that's true? Ultimately you're free to do whatever you want if you can support it with good results, after a certain point it's considered griefing if you can't win the majority of your games and it pisses people off. Where is the line drawn? _That's exactly why for the past month I've been saying this situation is a gray area and that there is no definitive answer._ > You make statements to explain the ban on Teemo, then you deny ALL of those statements in your next sentence when the same logic is used on anything else... No, I haven't contradicted myself or made logically unsound statements. Just because you disagree with it doesn't make it wrong.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mVxEOf9V,comment-id=000100000000000000020000,timestamp=2019-06-24T13:54:05.100+0000) > > His Q is a hook or slow, his W helps him engage and get vision, his E is a stun, and his ultimate finishes off a kill while giving a bonus to his allies. > > Just because you take issue with him doesn't mean he isn't a support. Again, assassins don't get hard CC, so he shouldn't have all that crap, and again, supports don't have huge damage capabilities, so again, that ultimate is downright stupid. And just because it gives them gold doesn't mean it's a support ability. All it does is help him snowball while putting the ADC behind and ruining their end game score. He's not a support, no matter what people say. Supports- assists. ADCs- KILLS. That's how it's meant to be.
> Again, assassins don't get hard CC, so he shouldn't have all that crap, and again, supports don't have huge damage capabilities, so again, that ultimate is downright stupid. >And just because it gives them gold doesn't mean it's a support ability. All it does is help him snowball while putting the ADC behind and ruining their end game score. What? Okay, first off _yes_ it is a supportive ultimate. I know the phrase is memed a ton but death _is_ the best CC. Finishing off a kill early and duplicating the kill gold snowballs _his entire team_ in addition to removing problematic champions from fights before they have a chance to back or clutch the teamfight. Also, it doesn't "ruin" anything. It's a K/D/A that doesn't have any bearing on the game whatsoever. Secondly, his damage capabilities aren't even that high. _Pyke is one of the lowest damage output champions in the game, he very rarely if ever goes above the 6th highest damage in the match._ Every website shows this in great detail, so check out OP.GG, League of Graphs, Champion.GG, Lolayltics, anywhere. The information is right there for you to see. > He's not a support, no matter what people say. Well Riot classifies him as a support, the client classifies him as a support, the majority of the playerbase classifies him as a support, even websites like OP.GG classify him as a support. But yeah, I guess your one opinion is just a fact and everyone else is wrong, right? > Supports- assists. > ADCs- KILLS. > > That's how it's meant to be. Okay one, that's a pretty horrible way to view the game. Classes aren't and shouldn't be resigned to one playstyle and one playstyle alone, different champions are going to be released that slightly shift the conventional rules. It's healthy for the game and something that makes League unique. Also _again_, Pyke has been well balanced since release and he has clear windows of counterplay. It's not like he was released, flipped the game upside down and is the best champion in the game now. He was released, offered a unique take on the support role, and is a strong, healthy pick when compared to his counterparts.
: Pyke as a whole goes against the design philosophy of Riot. "Support" my ass. He's just an assassin in the bot lane that doesn't belong there. His kit is not a real support's kit, especially that stupid ultimate.
> Pyke as a whole goes against the design philosophy of Riot. "Support" my ass. He's just an assassin in the bot lane that doesn't belong there. His kit is not a real support's kit, especially that stupid ultimate. His Q is a hook or slow, his W helps him engage and get vision, his E is a stun, and his ultimate finishes off a kill while giving a bonus to his allies. Just because you take issue with him doesn't mean he isn't a support.
: Teamfight Tactics > Pyke > Pirate / **Assassin** Summoner's Rift > Pyke > out-trades ***BURST MAGES*** with a passive that's literally a ***TANK'S*** E ability, for free, that ***heals more % than it does on the tank***. I'd have to say, that issue isn't very hard to spot. >.>
> Summoner's Rift > Pyke > out-trades ***BURST MAGES*** with a passive that's literally a ***TANK'S*** E ability, for free, that ***heals more % than it does on the tank***. > > I'd have to say, that issue isn't very hard to spot. >.> Except historically speaking Pyke has been decently balanced. He's had two medium-scale issues since release. A full tank build that went against the design of the champion as a whole and this solo-Pyke dilemma, both of which have been solved by giving him forced lethality builds and nerfing his waveclear, respectively. I suggest you read my discussion with KFCeytron because we went into detail about what Pyke's problems were at the moment and I offered an explanation for these nerfs. Here's that part in particular: >Basically, this is how solo-Pyke goes: Pyke goes in or you engage on him, he pops Aftershock and trades with you for a bit OR he dashes out to disengage, Pyke heals off the damage you did to him and repeats the process until you're low enough to get ulted. >If he can't do any of that, he just hits 6 and tries to roam as much as possible to snowball his team. _No_, Pyke isn't out-bursting mages and assassins left and right, it's the opposite actually. Solo Pyke slowly wears down his opponent until they're in ult range or just roams to other lanes to snowball his team. Also, statistically speaking Pyke has one of the lowest damage outputs in the game. He'll very rarely (if ever) go above 4th or 5th on his team.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mVxEOf9V,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T07:22:02.198+0000) > > Ok, just go ahead and ignore everything I said and supported with statistical and anecdotal evidence. > > I said it before and I'll say it again, creativity _**just for the sake of being creative**_ isn't always a good thing. ??? Just because I didn't give a point-by-point response to feed into a pattern of longer and longer posts doesn't mean I ignored what you said. If it makes you feel better, I can tell you that I particularly liked this part: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mVxEOf9V,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T06:30:01.278+0000) > > Nerfing his passive = weaker solo _and_ support Pyke. > Nerfing his ultimate threshold = weaker solo _and_ support Pyke. > Nerfing his waveclear = weakened solo Pyke with minimal damage done to support Pyke. > > It's the best option out of the ones they had available to them. The only other real option (aside from a mini-rework which most of us don't want) was to tie his passive to a support item, meaning Pyke would _have_ to buy a Targon's or Coin in order to access his passive or ultimate execute. This covered alternative possibilities for nerfs and explained why they would be unsuitable, which is what I'd been most interested in seeing. When I said "okay" I meant it as confirmation and agreement, not dismissal. :) Looking back, my analogy above wasn't clear enough: something along the lines of "I wanted to make sure this is gangrene and not a sprain before we amputate" would've been better, emphasizing that I now understand that solo Pyke is more of an incurable infection than a boo-boo.
If you meant it as a confirmation and not a dismissal, that's my fault for misunderstanding and I apologize for jumping so quickly to sarcasm. I genuinely thought you ignored everything I said and meant that comment like "Well I guess if Riot doesn't want to do something cool _why even bother_" and not as a confirmation.
: Sorry, but Pyke averages almost 6 deaths a game. That's pretty average among the entire mix of champions. He dies more often than any other Assassin, even given his kit. Cooldowns are a real pain. And statistics? Pyke is only 50% as a support. None of what they are doing to him is going to improve that. Everything they are doing to him is going to make him perform WORSE at support too. They're basically eliminating his mid play, but ALSO eliminating his support win rate at only 50%. And the fact you argue about Q tells me you DON'T PLAY PYKE. The Q stab additional damage is aoe, and doesn't require you to go visible to initiate a fight...... It also offers a better sequence of skills than a pulling Q hook. W > Q > Auto > Auto > E is FAR safer than trying to Q > E to close the gap, and then W or R. P.S. Both Zed and Talon have higher mid win rates than Pyke....
I'm not getting into another discussion with you about Pyke because you refuse to look at statistics and acknowledge his core problems. > And the fact you argue about Q tells me you DON'T PLAY PYKE. I have almost 4 times your mastery points on Pyke. [You.](https://championmasterylookup.derpthemeus.com/summoner?summoner=Illabethe&region=NA) (126,833) [Me.](https://championmasterylookup.derpthemeus.com/summoner?summoner=Hotarµ&region=NA) (392,986.) This is (probably) the part where you're going to bring up my rank (or lack thereof) but the point remains that I know what I'm talking about and have more experience than you. Of course, if you have a smurf you might have even more than I do, but there's no way for me to know that. I still have a very high amount of experience meaning you're **dead wrong** about your assumptions. > P.S. Both Zed and Talon have higher mid win rates than Pyke.... And? They should, they're primary assassins going to their own lane. Pyke was not meant to be played in those lanes so it makes sense that he has less consistent results, but that doesn't mean he isn't problematic. This is the part where you disagree with that or call me inexperienced or something because you don't like to acknowledge statistics or other facts, meaning discussion about balance is impossible with you.
Aladoron (EUW)
: I just love your explanation: > It wasn't that the players got him banned Even though, he was banned after that asshat streamer called his boi at Rito. He was investigated before, Rito found no problems. Asshat calls Rito boi --> Wow, he is griefing, lets ban him ASAP. The only thing that changed between the 2 investigations is that this asshat called somebody at Rito, so he got him banned, and not his behaviour.
> [{quoted}](name=Aladoron,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KAVPaw5k,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-06-24T12:50:52.776+0000) > > I just love your explanation: > > Even though, he was banned after that asshat streamer called his boi at Rito. He was investigated before, Rito found no problems. Asshat calls Rito boi --> Wow, he is griefing, lets ban him ASAP. > > The only thing that changed between the 2 investigations is that this asshat called somebody at Rito, so he got him banned, and not his behaviour. I suggest you read the post I linked in my original comment because you are severely misinformed.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=q4lsxm5c,comment-id=00010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T07:13:35.480+0000) > > No, actually, the majority of the community (98%+) has no problem abiding by the rules and they don't complain about them. Most people tend to receive one punishment and never any after that because they know how to control themselves. > This is called "conditional probability fallacy". Cows kill more people than wolves every year. That does not mean a cow is inherently more dangerous than a wolf. I doubt even 2% of players bother to get on the forum. Saying that means 98% of players like things just fine the way they are is ridiculous. > Objectively speaking, our rules work and the majority of the playerbase takes no issue with them. Of course the rules work, Riot is the one making them. There's no debate here. But you have zero evidence that the majority of the playerbase takes no issue with them. Issue a chat restriction for any player that gives the same light negativity I did - you'll find that (imaginary) 98% dry up pretty fast. > > If you can't abide by the rules, it's not. Didn't say I couldn't. Offered an opinion and you broke out your quickdraw lecture. > > Nobody is lecturing you here. You asked for thoughts from the community, and our consensus is that this behavior is unacceptable. League is a team game and you shouldn't spend all game bickering with your teammates, players want polite and respectful teammates to work with. You're right, but you're TRYING to lecture me. I asked for thoughts originally. Then we talked. Then I offered my opinion that the threshold is too low. And *then* you attempted. And here you are attempting again "league is a team game" and all that. If someone else wrote what you wrote, you'd wonder what relevance it has and why they're continuing to attempt to lecture someone who just came here curious about "negativity" thresholds. > > Again, follow the rules or don't. If you choose not to, you're just going to keep wasting your time, effort, and money. _That's_ the reality here. Never said I wouldn't, couldn't - but I thought I did but didn't. And who are YOU to talk about wasting time - here's (failed) lecture #3. > > That is just _adorable_. I'll repeat it then: You may go now.
> This is called "conditional probability fallacy". Cows kill more people than wolves every year. That does not mean a cow is inherently more dangerous than a wolf. I doubt even 2% of players bother to get on the forum. Saying that means 98% of players like things just fine the way they are is ridiculous. Compliance and a lack of complaints is generally a good indicator that a system is working and that it's intended clientele is content. Think logically. If the punishment system were really _that_ bad and widely panned, there would be more widespread outrage. The Boards, Reddit, _and_ Twitter amongst other platforms would be bombarded with protests and heated arguments. Do you know what we have instead? A minute amount of posts on the Boards (and the Boards alone) by people who have _just_ received punishment and as a result they're trying to find fault with the system because they _couldn't possibly_ be in the wrong. Sound familiar? > Of course the rules work, Riot is the one making them. There's no debate here. But you have zero evidence that the majority of the playerbase takes no issue with them. Issue a chat restriction for any player that gives the same light negativity I did - you'll find that (imaginary) 98% dry up pretty fast. The reason I brought up the 98%+ statistic is because less than 1-2% of players are toxic enough to receive punishment. (Factually supported by permanent suspension reform cards.) If the overwhelming majority of the community can abide by the rules without it impacting their gameplay experience, why can't you? And how exactly is that indicative of there being "zero evidence" that the punishment system is reasonable? > Didn't say I couldn't. Offered an opinion and you broke out your quickdraw lecture. > You're right, but you're TRYING to lecture me. I asked for thoughts originally. Then we talked. Then I offered my opinion that the threshold is too low. And *then* you attempted. And here you are attempting again "league is a team game" and all that. If someone else wrote what you wrote, you'd wonder what relevance it has and why they're continuing to attempt to lecture someone who just came here curious about "negativity" thresholds. How exactly does my comment about working with your allies not directly correlate to negativity thresholds? You were negative in game. Your teammates reported your account and you were found to exhibit rule breaking behavior. The community set the precedent for the IFS as it's parameters were based off of the Tribunal. Your negativity was found to be below the level of acceptable by the majority of the community who helped forge the rules in the first place. Pretty simple. Also, side note, I love how because you disagree with what I'm saying that means I'm just "attempting" to debate, as if all of my points weren't validated by statistical and or anecdotal evidence. It's cute. > Never said I wouldn't, couldn't - but I thought I did but didn't. > And who are YOU to talk about wasting time - here's (failed) lecture #3. > I'll repeat it then: You may go now. I love how you keep bringing up debates and lectures but you show absolutely no respect or grace whatsoever. This is the part where you say something like "Well you're not respecting me by saying _____" and then we go back and forth and so on and so forth. Let's cut all that out and I'll leave you with some facts before I end this conversation: - Your behavior is unacceptable as deemed by both Riot and the community. - Continued infractions will lead to more and more severe punishments, up to and including a permanent suspension. - If you want to continue fighting the rules, you're going to continue wasting your time, effort, and potentially money. And even though you've been very rude and dismissive, I don't want to see you do that. I hope you can improve your behavior. - To dispute the rules you need widespread support, something the community will not give you as they have agreed upon the rules for the IFS through their own display of punishments as doled out by the Tribunal. Good luck and have a great day!
archer66 (NA)
: Zyra NEW SKIN!?!?!
Zyra's last skin was in 2017 and she is a decently popular champion, if I had to guess I'd say she should be receiving one this year or next :p Here's hoping :p
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mVxEOf9V,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T06:30:01.278+0000) > > That's what they did...? > > The E damage removal hits his waveclear heavily, the Q nerf hits his damage even harder. > > Support Pyke is almost entirely unaffected by these changes, but they _did_ give him a Q and W compensation buff to make up for any unintended side effects. > > That's the point, _they want to kill solo-Pyke._ > > It's still possible to farm up 1,325 gold through careful play but it's going to be a lot harder to cruise through the game as solo-Pyke now. > > I already explained this. > > The reason solo-Pyke is so strong is because he's got little risk, a reliable disengage, and all the reward. Support Pyke has to deal with an enemy ADC and support in addition to the jungler, solo-Pyke has to deal with an enemy top or mid (+jungler if they even come up) who won't be able to burst him sufficiently enough to land a kill. > > His passive is central to his kit so they have to attack other areas to keep him in line. > > Nerfing his passive = weaker solo _and_ support Pyke. > Nerfing his ultimate threshold = weaker solo _and_ support Pyke. > Nerfing his waveclear = weakened solo Pyke with minimal damage done to support Pyke. > > It's the best option out of the ones they had available to them. The only other real option (aside from a mini-rework which most of us don't want) was to tie his passive to a support item, meaning Pyke would _have_ to buy a Targon's or Coin in order to access his passive or ultimate execute. > > Yes, _exactly_. > > Again, that is the point. Riot does not want Pyke top/mid/jungle to be a thing, they want him to be a support and strictly a support. In their eyes he's too hard to balance for both lanes (which is something I and the majority of the community agree with) so it's not worth the effort it would take to _try_ and make it happen if it's even possible. > > If you're good enough with a champion you can make anything work, though. It's going to be a lot harder to make solo-Pyke work but it can probably still be done given enough practice and skill. > > Even if it was considered a "troll pick" that's ultimately Riot's goal, because **again**, they want him to be a support and nothing else. Okay. I just wanted to make sure that there really is no other treatment for a sprained ankle before we go ahead and amputate the foot.
Ok, just go ahead and ignore everything I said and supported with statistical and anecdotal evidence. I said it before and I'll say it again, creativity _**just for the sake of being creative**_ isn't always a good thing.
AR URF (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KAVPaw5k,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T06:57:15.304+0000) > > It wasn't just some players, it seemed to be the majority of them that came into contact with Nubrac. That's not to say that players should decide who does or doesn't receive punishment, but it's clear that Nubrac was a problem and most players didn't appreciate his "strategy". > > In comparison to other Teemos at a Master level, Nubrac was pretty good. > > However, his winrate is still under the mark that most players and Riot see as average or good (50%) and to most high ELO players that winrate is critical and indicative of a strategies' success. I mean it could be that his win rate is 48% because players refuse to try when they see him pick teemo support?
> [{quoted}](name=AR URF,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KAVPaw5k,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T07:09:11.290+0000) > > I mean it could be that his win rate is 48% because players refuse to try when they see him pick teemo support? It could be, but I think there would be more widespread evidence of that happening were it the case. Overall I do lean towards Nubrac griefing because I know the majority of players wouldn't be okay with that strategy. If I was in my Masters promos and someone said "Hey, I'm going to go roaming Teemo support and force my ADC into a 1v2 for most of the game" I would consider them a griefer without question. Plus, there's no doubt in my mind that people protested his strategy and Nubrac still went ahead and did it. To be completely honest it is a gray area and I really don't envy the people who had to make the call on this one. Off-meta options are a good thing for League (both competitive and casual) and I don't think there's a definitive answer to be had here.
: "mommy-state levels" is objective - this IS. League not being the game for me is subjective. I went out of my way to say it is what it is, and that my opinion was that this was over the line. Not looking for a lecture on a reality I already know exists, but I could tell you had it in your quickdraw holster. You may go now.
> [{quoted}](name=LegitMelonhead,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=q4lsxm5c,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-24T07:02:03.025+0000) > > "mommy-state levels" is objective - this IS. No, actually, the majority of the community (98%+) has no problem abiding by the rules and they don't complain about them. Most people tend to receive one punishment and never any after that because they know how to control themselves. Objectively speaking, our rules work and the majority of the playerbase takes no issue with them. > League not being the game for me is subjective. If you can't abide by the rules, it's not. > I went out of my way to say it is what it is, and that my opinion was that this was over the line. > Not looking for a lecture on a reality I already know exists, but I could tell you had it in your quickdraw holster. Nobody is lecturing you here. You asked for thoughts from the community, and our consensus is that this behavior is unacceptable. League is a team game and you shouldn't spend all game bickering with your teammates, players want polite and respectful teammates to work with. Again, follow the rules or don't. If you choose not to, you're just going to keep wasting your time, effort, and money. _That's_ the reality here. > You may go now. That is just _adorable_.
AR URF (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=KAVPaw5k,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-24T05:11:48.004+0000) > > #[(Here's my _much_ longer and more detailed explanation of the situation and Riot's reason for punishing Nubrac)](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/NYE7tJKH-a-statement-about-nightblue?comment=0001) > > Basically, plenty of the people who actually played with Nubrac considered him to be a griefer from the start and it took Riot a while to catch on. It wasn't that the players got him banned, it's moreso that they opened Riot's eyes and made it clear to them that most players weren't happy with his strategy. So he was banned because some players were unhappy and thought he was greifing? His teemo win rate is 48%, which is good considering teemo's 42% win rate in master according to league of graphs.
> So he was banned because some players were unhappy and thought he was greifing? His teemo win rate is 48%, which is good considering teemo's 42% win rate in master according to league of graphs. It wasn't just some players, it seemed to be the majority of them that came into contact with Nubrac. That's not to say that players should decide who does or doesn't receive punishment, but it's clear that Nubrac was a problem and most players didn't appreciate his "strategy". In comparison to other Teemos at a Master level, Nubrac was pretty good. However, his winrate is still under the mark that most players and Riot see as average or good (50%) and to most high ELO players that winrate is critical and indicative of a strategies' success.
: Botted Accounts
There will always be botters in F2P games (see: OSRS, RS3, Heroes of the Storm, etc.) and the best way to combat them is to ban them in waves, not as they're created. If a company bans a bot the second it's created, the developers (of the bots) can figure out what got them caught and repeat the process. If they get banned again, they change one more thing and recreate the bot, so on and so forth. They'd essentially be brute forcing their way to a solution, whereas banning in waves forces them to do more work and as a result it requires them to spend **more** time developing bots which will probably just get banned _again_ at a later date.
: I agree there's light negativity, but this threshold is too low. This is elementary school levels of mommy-state monitoring of what should be a competitive environment. Of course there's got to be a line, sure, but... KYS - way over the line. Are you fucking kidding me, dude? - apparently, also way over the line but I honestly can't imagine this level of fragility in myself so I find it difficult to relate. It is what it is, though. edit What's the odds on the people who said, in chat, they were going to lie about me to get me banned - which btw, WORKED - getting banned, I wonder. 1Million:1?
>This is elementary school levels of mommy-state monitoring of what should be a competitive environment. The rules boil down to "Don't insult others." You can swear (albeit not directed at anyone), banter competitively, and say anything aside from a few keywords. If that's "elementary school levels of mommy-state monitoring", League might not be the game for you. Riot has no plans to change their rules and the overwhelming majority of players have absolutely no problem following them. You can adhere to the very simple rules or continue wasting your time and money by receiving multiple punishments. It's your choice. > What's the odds on the people who said, in chat, they were going to lie about me to get me banned - which btw, WORKED - getting banned, I wonder. 1Million:1? Considering the logs you posted _were_ inherently negative and they violated the rules, it makes sense that you would receive a punishment. It's not like you stayed completely silent or positive all game and then received a punishment. Those players didn't influence the system to give you a punishment you didn't deserve, you broke the rules and got punished accordingly.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mVxEOf9V,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T05:36:03.527+0000) > > Pyke is plenty unique in his own right, he doesn't need to be played in multiple lanes for the purposes of being "creative." Creativity _just_ for the sake of being creative isn't always a good thing. > > He's got a set build path due to not having AP scalings, he's restricted to AD/Lethality builds because of the duo scaling on his abilities, and he has the inability to build any HP or resistances as a result of his passive and Lethality scaling, respectively. Even if he was played in another lane, he's always going to have the same build path and playstyle. The only thing that changes the way he plays is his keystone, and even then in 99.99% of cases it's going to be Aftershock or Electrocute. > > Also, _again_, Pyke is ridiculously strong when played in a solo lane (52-56%+ WR across all ELOs.) Restricting him to his intended area is the healthiest choice for the game overall, it's too difficult to balance him as a support and solo laner. > > There's a colossal difference between something _working_ and something being at a 56%+ winrate in an unintended role. > > Let's just say for the purposes of this discussion that Soraka top was a meta pick, even on her strongest patches she would never reach the insane amount of map presence and snowballing potential that Pyke has when he's played in a solo lane. Everything comes back to Pyke (as an individual) being too hard to balance for both lanes. It's not healthy for the game and the community doesn't enjoy fighting him, it shouldn't be allowed. > > Also, obligatory note: You can still play Pyke mid, top, or jungle, granted it is going to be much harder now but his ultimate still has insane potential and Tiamat still exists for waveclear. If played correctly I'm sure someone can still make him work. > > While all of the nerfs aren't targeted at his biggest strengths they do still hit him in the places where it effectively removes one role while keeping the other intact. > > Pyke was able to stall lanes out by waveclearing just the right amount, even when E'ing away and taking trades after buying Tiamat. Now, Pyke will miss a lot of CS which sets him back further, reduces his ability to snowball since he can't afford lethality items or Mobis as early, _and_ he gets punished harder for being shoved up to tower. > > It's a great nerf as it succeeds in what it aims to do: kill solo Pyke. > > Same principles as solo-lane Pyke. > > Too hard to balance, too much map pressure, not how he was intended to be played. > > And for what it's worth, Jungle Pyke was never that good. Any competent jungler would capitalize on his horrible early game and engage on him when he used his E for clearing camps. He really wasn't that good of a jungler. > > But _again_, experienced players can still probably make it work and it's not 100% dead. If he was way too strong in solo lanes, why not a nerf specifically for that? We've seen it before, many times on many other champions. It seems like the easy way out. Pyke doesn't start with Tiamat, and I don't see how he could realistically get the 1325 gold it costs to buy one with just autoattacks and a Q that's lost most of its power (no AoE and no 15% bonus). In lane he could maybe sit back and wait for minions and turrets to do most of the work, but in the jungle he'll have basically nothing. I think the nerfs should be targeted at the _reason_ he's a problem in solo lanes, not at the _result_ of the reason. The notion that this is "too hard" to do in this instance doesn't really provide information. Why was it hard? Were other nerfs considered or tried on PBE? Pardon the jump, but when someone makes a thread on PB saying that permabans should be replaced with ongoing chat restrictions, we don't just tell them "no," we tell them that it was tried and resulted in increased nonverbal toxicity. Similarly, when someone wants to do jungle Pyke, they shouldn't just be told "no"; I'd like to hear what was tried, why it didn't work, etc. Testing a theory with an experiment and analyzing the results is a lot easier for me to understand. If jungle Pyke was never that good and now he'll be relegated to basically being permanently silenced in the jungle, I don't see how experienced players would make it work, and - also importantly - why they would even try it. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether the nerfs bring non-support Pyke from an OP 56% WR to a balanced 50% WR or to a troll-pick <45% WR (I wouldn't be surprised at 40% or even worse, especially for jungle Pyke).
>If he was way too strong in solo lanes, why not a nerf specifically for that? We've seen it before, many times on many other champions. It seems like the easy way out. That's what they did...? The E damage removal hits his waveclear heavily, the Q nerf hits his damage even harder. Support Pyke is almost entirely unaffected by these changes, but they _did_ give him a Q and W compensation buff to make up for any unintended side effects. >Pyke doesn't start with Tiamat, and I don't see how he could realistically get the 1325 gold it costs to buy one with just autoattacks and a Q that's lost most of its power (no AoE and no 15% bonus). In lane he could maybe sit back and wait for minions and turrets to do most of the work, but in the jungle he'll have basically nothing. That's the point, _they want to kill solo-Pyke._ It's still possible to farm up 1,325 gold through careful play but it's going to be a lot harder to cruise through the game as solo-Pyke now. >I think the nerfs should be targeted at the reason he's a problem in solo lanes, not at the result of the reason. I already explained this. The reason solo-Pyke is so strong is because he's got little risk, a reliable disengage, and all the reward. Support Pyke has to deal with an enemy ADC and support in addition to the jungler, solo-Pyke has to deal with an enemy top or mid (+jungler if they even come up) who won't be able to burst him sufficiently enough to land a kill. His passive is central to his kit so they have to attack other areas to keep him in line. Nerfing his passive = weaker solo _and_ support Pyke. Nerfing his ultimate threshold = weaker solo _and_ support Pyke. Nerfing his waveclear = weakened solo Pyke with minimal damage done to support Pyke. It's the best option out of the ones they had available to them. The only other real option (aside from a mini-rework which most of us don't want) was to tie his passive to a support item, meaning Pyke would _have_ to buy a Targon's or Coin in order to access his passive or ultimate execute. >If jungle Pyke was never that good and now he'll be relegated to basically being permanently silenced in the jungle, I don't see how experienced players would make it work, and - also importantly - why they would even try it. Yes, _exactly_. Again, that is the point. Riot does not want Pyke top/mid/jungle to be a thing, they want him to be a support and strictly a support. In their eyes he's too hard to balance for both lanes (which is something I and the majority of the community agree with) so it's not worth the effort it would take to _try_ and make it happen if it's even possible. If you're good enough with a champion you can make anything work, though. It's going to be a lot harder to make solo-Pyke work but it can probably still be done given enough practice and skill. >I guess we'll have to wait and see whether the nerfs bring non-support Pyke from an OP 56% WR to a balanced 50% WR or to a troll-pick <45% WR (I wouldn't be surprised at 40% or even worse, especially for jungle Pyke). Even if it was considered a "troll pick" that's ultimately Riot's goal, because **again**, they want him to be a support and nothing else.
UniSect (NA)
: Someone explain to me how the Percent Cooldown reductions work?
The _easiest_ way to do it is: Take the base cooldown of your ability and multiply it by (1.0 minus your cooldown reduction in decimal form.) If you had 20% CDR and a 300 second ability, that means your formula would look like this: >300 seconds x 0.80 (1.00 minus 0.20 is 0.80) = 240 seconds A lengthier way to do it would be to multiply your base value by your cooldown reduction and then subtract that number from your base value. That means your formula would look like this: >300 seconds (base cooldown of your ability) x 0.20 (20% CDR) = 60 seconds 300 seconds - 60 seconds = 240 seconds Hopefully that was a clear enough explanation, math is my worst subject and I'm awful at trying to explain it lol Edit: And for quick maths you can always do something like this: If you have 10% CDR with a 90 second ability, just remove the zero. 10 percent of 90 is 9, meaning you would be left with an 81 second ability. Then, you can just multiply this a few times if you have to. So if you have 20% CDR, do 9 + 9 (which is basically 10% + 10%) and you'll get 18, which is 20% of 90, leaving you with a 72 second ability.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mVxEOf9V,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T04:06:12.150+0000) > > Well, for starters, he was designed as a support and only as a support. > > He's got a supportive kit, he's listed as a support in the client and in his champion spotlight, and his ultimate is centered around supporting his team as a roaming support. > > From top to bottom, Pyke is a support and letting him thrive in any other lane is too hard to balance in addition to not being the way he was clearly intended to be played. > > Yes, that **is** how League is played but the issue is that Pyke is too good at trading while having very little risk when compared to other laners. > > So, **not only** does solo-Pyke go against the design philosophy of the champion as a whole, it's also very strong (last I checked Pyke top and mid had anywhere from a 52-56%+ WR across multiple ELOs.) and just based off of statistics alone it should be nerfed. > > Personally I feel that the tap-Q nerf is a bit overkill. It should still deal more damage than his hook, having them do equal amounts is counter-intuitive. Why would I tap-Q for a short range 100 damage when I could just hold Q for a second, deal 100 damage, have bonus range, _pull_ someone towards or behind me which combos more reliably into my E, and can grab people over walls? I don't think this nerf will gut Pyke or anything but they might have overnerfed it a bit, although at the end of the day it doesn't matter because Riot has made it clear that they want Pyke to be a support and nothing else. > > To be fair though, most of us are fine with that. We enjoy playing Pyke as a support (AKA the way he was intended to be played) and the majority of the community hates solo-lane Pyke for the above reasons. I don't think that designing a champ with a lane/role in mind and then enforcing that with an iron fist via not just a gutting but more of a disembowelment is healthy for the game at all. It stifles creativity and exploration, which should be of fundamental importance in a game. Does Soraka top work? Sure. You have a useless W for a while, but you get good poke and sustain in Q and your E can help you avoid ganks. It's not the best thing Soraka can do, and she wasn't designed for it, but it's okay, and it's allowed. Brand/Zyra/etc. were designed to mid but are now also played as support, and that is apparently fine. Tahm was designed as a support, and then Riot realized they made a horrible mistake with an ability that can provide untargetability to any champion in the game and booted him into top lane where he is reportedly causing even more problems but not problems that make LCS boring so it's okay. Fid was designed as a mid, but then he found success as a jungler and a support, and, although he got a Q nerf due to its strength and low counterplay, it wasn't flat-out removed. Annie was designed as a mid, but is now also a support pick due to her stun. When a champ that hasn't been pigeonholed into support goes bot lane and buys a gold gen item, it's totally cool and Whose Lane Is It Anyway. But when a support - especially an enchanter support - goes to another lane, they get a nerf to that to encourage them to stay in bot lane. And now we have a support who's being played in roles other than support being booted back to bot lane so hard that he's almost not allowed to damage minions. Note that this includes jungle Pyke, which doesn't involve trading or sustain with his passive. With a single-target Q and no damage on E, it'll be worse than... I dunno, Soraka jungle. It's important to note that these nerfs aren't related to the things that make him too strong or oppressive, like "Pyke's sustain is too reliable in a solo lane, so we're reducing his grey health cap from a single source of damage." It's just "Pyke is going top and mid and we don't want that, so if you leave bot lane before 10:00 Scuttles will eat you." And it bears repeating: no more jungle Pyke. He'd basically be a cannon minion. With Smite.
>I don't think that designing a champ with a lane/role in mind and then enforcing that with an iron fist via not just a gutting but more of a disembowelment is healthy for the game at all. It stifles creativity and exploration, which should be of fundamental importance in a game. Pyke is plenty unique in his own right, he doesn't need to be played in multiple lanes for the purposes of being "creative." Creativity _just_ for the sake of being creative isn't always a good thing. He's got a set build path due to not having AP scalings, he's restricted to AD/Lethality builds because of the duo scaling on his abilities, and he has the inability to build any HP or resistances as a result of his passive and Lethality scaling, respectively. Even if he was played in another lane, he's always going to have the same build path and playstyle. The only thing that changes the way he plays is his keystone, and even then in 99.99% of cases it's going to be Aftershock or Electrocute. Also, _again_, Pyke is ridiculously strong when played in a solo lane (52-56%+ WR across all ELOs.) Restricting him to his intended area is the healthiest choice for the game overall, it's too difficult to balance him as a support and solo laner. >Does Soraka top work? Sure. You have a useless W for a while, but you get good poke and sustain in Q and your E can help you avoid ganks. It's not the best thing Soraka can do, and she wasn't designed for it, but it's okay, and it's allowed. Brand/Zyra/etc. were designed to mid but are now also played as support, and that is apparently fine. Tahm was designed as a support, and then Riot realized they made a horrible mistake with an ability that can provide untargetability to any champion in the game and booted him into top lane where he is reportedly causing even more problems but not problems that make LCS boring so it's okay. Fid was designed as a mid, but then he found success as a jungler and a support, and, although he got a Q nerf due to its strength and low counterplay, it wasn't flat-out removed. Annie was designed as a mid, but is now also a support pick due to her stun. There's a colossal difference between something _working_ and something being at a 56%+ winrate in an unintended role. Let's just say for the purposes of this discussion that Soraka top was a meta pick, even on her strongest patches she would never reach the insane amount of map presence and snowballing potential that Pyke has when he's played in a solo lane. Everything comes back to Pyke (as an individual) being too hard to balance for both lanes. It's not healthy for the game and the community doesn't enjoy fighting him, it shouldn't be allowed. Also, obligatory note: You can still play Pyke mid, top, or jungle, granted it is going to be much harder now but his ultimate still has insane potential and Tiamat still exists for waveclear. If played correctly I'm sure someone can still make him work. >It's important to note that these nerfs aren't related to the things that make him too strong or oppressive, like "Pyke's sustain is too reliable in a solo lane, so we're reducing his grey health cap from a single source of damage." It's just "Pyke is going top and mid and we don't want that, so if you leave bot lane before 10:00 Scuttles will eat you." While all of the nerfs aren't targeted at his biggest strengths they do still hit him in the places where it effectively removes one role while keeping the other intact. Pyke was able to stall lanes out by waveclearing just the right amount, even when E'ing away and taking trades after buying Tiamat. Now, Pyke will miss a lot of CS which sets him back further, reduces his ability to snowball since he can't afford lethality items or Mobis as early, _and_ he gets punished harder for being shoved up to tower. It's a great nerf as it succeeds in what it aims to do: kill solo Pyke. >And it bears repeating: no more jungle Pyke. He'd basically be a cannon minion. With Smite. Same principles as solo-lane Pyke. Too hard to balance, too much map pressure, not how he was intended to be played. And for what it's worth, Jungle Pyke was never that good. Any competent jungler would capitalize on his horrible early game and engage on him when he used his E for clearing camps. He really wasn't that good of a jungler. But _again_, experienced players can still probably make it work and it's not 100% dead.
AR URF (NA)
: The nubrac situation.
#[(Here's my _much_ longer and more detailed explanation of the situation and Riot's reason for punishing Nubrac)](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/NYE7tJKH-a-statement-about-nightblue?comment=0001) Basically, plenty of the people who actually played with Nubrac considered him to be a griefer from the start and it took Riot a while to catch on. It wasn't that the players got him banned, it's moreso that they opened Riot's eyes and made it clear to them that most players weren't happy with his strategy.
Setaka (NA)
: chat ban system is broken, reporting is used as threat improperly.
>Everything I said was in response to other people either completely up and up inting my game or doing something so ridiculous I decided to try ff, and then them threatening to report me. Riot doesn't want negativity in any capacity. Whether you're the aggressor or responding to one, Riot will punish anyone who engages in negative behavior. If you can't respond civilly you're going to open yourself up to reports or punishments of your own. >Teams int me then I try to ff, then they all jump down my throat for giving up. I sincerely doubt you're getting that many intentional feeders, but in either case there's no reason to ever actively give up during a game. When you accept a queue you agree to play that match out until a Nexus explodes. If the FF doesn't go through, you continue playing to the best of your ability until you win or lose fairly. If your team is actually inting you, you continue to play the game to the best of your ability, and so on and so forth. >In-Game Setaka: gg mid Setaka: first time ez vs level 90 zoe main lol just ff 15 Okay so first off, Ezreal **was not **intentionally feeding. He did the most damage in the game, had the most kill participation, and had decent CS. This type of mentality is the biggest problem our community faces. Ezreal died **once **(or a few times) and you immediately started berating him for it, said "gg mid ff 15", and proceeded to bicker with your team rather than just sticking the match out. _Play the game out or don't play at all._ The fact that you left this information out and called him a feeder makes me more inclined to believe that you were the aggressor here and in most of your games. Simply put, this behavior is unacceptable and you should keep these messages to yourself in future games.
: Dear Shen mains
I mean...yeah? This isn't breaking news or anything, Shen is a very team-reliant champion (if not _the_ most reliant) and has never had the tools to reliably solo carry. If you want to solo carry a game, Shen is not the champion to do it with.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mVxEOf9V,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-24T03:42:36.731+0000) > > It doesn't have anything to do with Pyke assassinating people, he's playing in lanes and positions where he wasn't meant to. > > Solo-Pyke (be it top or mid) wins lane by gradually tearing down his opponent. Most champions (save for a few like _maybe_ Talon or Zed if they play it really well) don't have the burst to beat Pyke down, meaning he can back off and heal up without any risk. Because there is no enemy support to lock Pyke down / pressure him in fights, he essentially has free reign to do whatever he wants. > > Basically, this is how solo-Pyke goes: Pyke goes in or you engage on him > he pops Aftershock and trades with you for a bit or he dashes out to disengage > Pyke heals off the damage you did to him and repeats the process until you're low enough to get ulted. If he can't do any of that, he just hits 6 and tries to roam as much as possible to snowball his team. > > Aside from this issue and the tank-Pyke meta when he was first released, Pyke has stayed pretty well balanced overall. Poke with long-range spells and brief engagements until the enemy gets low, sustain through poke you receive, and go for the kill when the enemy is low... Isn't that just kind of how you play League of Legends in general? What's specific to Pyke that Riot feels the need to lock him into support and only support? Turning Q tap from AoE to single-target and making E not damage minions at all would be like fixing the Karthus/Taliyah jungle crashing bug by making their respective Q abilities no longer damage jungle monsters.
>What's specific to Pyke that Riot feels the need to lock him into support and only support? Well, for starters, he was designed as a support and only as a support. He's got a supportive kit, he's listed as a support in the client and in his champion spotlight, and his ultimate is centered around supporting his team as a roaming support. From top to bottom, Pyke is a support and letting him thrive in any other lane is too hard to balance in addition to not being the way he was clearly intended to be played. > Poke with long-range spells and brief engagements until the enemy gets low, sustain through poke you receive, and go for the kill when the enemy is low... Isn't that just kind of how you play League of Legends in general? Yes, that **is** how League is played but the issue is that Pyke is too good at trading while having very little risk when compared to other laners. So, **not only** does solo-Pyke go against the design philosophy of the champion as a whole, it's also very strong (last I checked Pyke top and mid had anywhere from a 52-56%+ WR across multiple ELOs.) and just based off of statistics alone it should be nerfed. >Turning Q tap from AoE to single-target and making E not damage minions at all would be like fixing the Karthus/Taliyah jungle crashing bug by making their respective Q abilities no longer damage jungle monsters. Personally I feel that the tap-Q nerf is a bit overkill. It should still deal more damage than his hook, having them do equal amounts is counter-intuitive. Why would I tap-Q for a short range 100 damage when I could just hold Q for a second, deal 100 damage, have bonus range, _pull_ someone towards or behind me which combos more reliably into my E, and can grab people over walls? I don't think this nerf will gut Pyke or anything but they might have overnerfed it a bit, although at the end of the day it doesn't matter because Riot has made it clear that they want Pyke to be a support and nothing else. To be fair though, most of us are fine with that. We enjoy playing Pyke as a support (AKA the way he was intended to be played) and the majority of the community hates solo-lane Pyke for the above reasons.
: Thoughts from the community?
>Teammates blatantly said they were going to report me for racism (ridiculous by itself - twice as ridiculous if you consider that support can check the logs). I think I'm the victim of some automatic anti-racism flagging. I've got the logs of what I said. Maybe you can check the logs for the game and hit the players who are abusing the report system? They blatantly said they were going to lie about it. The system is entirely automated meaning if you didn't behave in a racist way you'll never receive a punishment when someone tries reports you for that behavior. Also, if you received a standard chat restriction on your first offense that means it wasn't for racism, as those punishments _**always**_ result in an instant 2-week ban. >While I'm no angel, the worst of the bunch is either directed at myself, or in one case the reaction to a troll. Here's the chat logs with notations. I don't think this is punishment-worthy. Riot and most of the community disagrees with that statement. For starters, Riot doesn't want negativity in any capacity meaning it doesn't matter if you're responding to a troll or being the aggressor, everyone is subject to punishment if they break the rules. You can respond to them constructively or civilly but the second you stoop to their level you're opening yourself up to reports of your own. These chat logs aren't heinous, but they've definitely got some light negativity and passive-aggressiveness which would usually warrant a punishment.
: "Hey, players, here's a paradigm we think you'll like; it's an assassin support, which means that you can HOLY SHIT WHAT ARE YOU GODDAMN GREMLINS DOING ASSASSINATING PEOPLE? EAT A BIG FAT NERF." I oftentimes can't figure out Riot's intent with design/balance decisions, and I get the feeling that neither can they.
It doesn't have anything to do with Pyke assassinating people, he's playing in lanes and positions where he wasn't meant to. Solo-Pyke (be it top or mid) wins lane by gradually tearing down his opponent. Most champions (save for a few like _maybe_ Talon or Zed if they play it really well) don't have the burst to beat Pyke down, meaning he can back off and heal up without any risk. Because there is no enemy support to lock Pyke down / pressure him in fights, he essentially has free reign to do whatever he wants. Basically, this is how solo-Pyke goes: Pyke goes in or you engage on him > he pops Aftershock and trades with you for a bit or he dashes out to disengage > Pyke heals off the damage you did to him and repeats the process until you're low enough to get ulted. If he can't do any of that, he just hits 6 and tries to roam as much as possible to snowball his team. Aside from this issue and the tank-Pyke meta when he was first released, Pyke has stayed pretty well balanced overall.
: Pyke Changes upcoming to 9.13
##Not trying to be a jerk, but _please_ space this out. It was a real pain to read. Anyways, the nerfs really aren't going to hit his damage output that hard if at all. He's definitely not going to "hit like Soraka" and his ultimate is still one of the most devastating in the game. The only damage nerf he received was to his shotgun-Q and even then it's not that bad, he's just losing the % damage bonus. Yes, the waveclear hurts support Pyke when he wants to shove lanes but that's about it. The compensation buffs to his W and Q are going to make him much more of a force to be reckoned with when the Pyke player knows what they're doing. Honestly, we don't have anything to worry about. >Against a support like Nautilis, Leona, Alistar, or Thresh he already has a pretty rough laning phase due to their tankiness Pyke usually _wins_ those laning phases, it's the teamfighting phase that he tends to lose. Pyke's early game isn't good but he has the tools to outplay most of the champions you've listed.
: A girl can dream :D
Don't get me wrong, I would still kill for a skin like that. Jhin is one of the most interesting and unique champions ever released, he deserves like 35 different skins in my opinion Also his voice {{sticker:sg-jinx}}
: You make me sad... :(
Sorry, not trying to be a buzzkill or anything. It's just that his base skin and lore/theme (psychotic thespian) are already very similar in style to Phantom of the Opera so realistically I can't see Riot making a skin for it.
: How do you report an ELO boosted account?
>Just saw someone who was plat but had no idea how to build, how to trade, or when you simply can't 1v1 someone. That... doesn't mean the player bought or boosted their account? Everyone has bad games, everyone goes through loss streaks, everyone underperforms at some point. One bad game definitely isn't indicative of someone boosting their account and besides, Riot would need a _lot_ more evidence to go off of if they were to try and administer a punishment.
: Riot, you're missing out on a big opportunity for a Jhin skin!!!
His base skin has already got some Phantom of the Opera vibes, I don't really think it would make for all that unique of a skin
: > [{quoted}](name=ı Sona ı,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=j4PQo2gW,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-23T04:16:38.066+0000) > > I don't see where it says "It doesn't matter why you afk you get punished for it" That's basically the ONLY thing Hotarµ said in the very short comment. > Nor do I see it say "it doesn't matter if your teammates reported you its not like you vehemently afk'd with a flaming toxic passion" Clearly not what Hotarµ meant. You can just make your own personal response rather than trying to undercut the Specialist.
Thank you for clarifying, I really appreciate it. :p ######I also appreciate you using the special µ because it makes me feel special
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=j4PQo2gW,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-06-23T03:22:27.871+0000) > > ?? > > Everything you said is basically exactly what I just explained lol Is it really though...? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
...yes? Your response was almost identical to mine in every way, almost word for word. Admittedly the only thing you said that I didn't was that the reports won't matter if OP doesn't AFK frequently.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=j4PQo2gW,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-23T01:16:03.850+0000) > > Anyone can go AFK for any reason. There's nothing stopping me from going AFK for 20 minutes and then coming back to say "Sorry, League crashed." > > Not saying you're lying, but my point is that your teammates have no way to validate what you're saying, all they see is a teammate who went AFK and (potentially) lost them the game. What they mean to say is, whether you're afking because you gave up or you're afking because your fire alarm went off or you're afking to stop a burglary or you're afking to go to the bathroom or you're afking to give someone CPR or you're afking because you fell asleep, etc. Game requires 5/5 for optimal play and they expect you to be there the whole time so that everyone else on your team has an attempted enjoyable experience. If you don't, you get penalized. Now, I assume you didn't say SCREW YOU ALL YOU ALL SUCK IM AFKING NOW, so the reports on you wont mean much. I assume. {{sticker:sona-playing}}
?? Everything you said is basically exactly what I just explained lol
: Apologize to my Team
It happens, don't sweat it too much. {{sticker:poppy-wink}}
: Is this considered toxic? If it is, I will most likely uninstall
>Is this considered toxic? I've highlighted these messages in particular for a more detailed explanation but overall yes, these games were toxic and against the rules. [](https://.) ##Game 1: >NoLongerToxicOMG: you cant farm all fuckin game >NoLongerToxicOMG: Im done NoLongerToxicOMG: mid open >NoLongerToxicOMG: better jg wins NoLongerToxicOMG: lets do a recap >NoLongerToxicOMG: you have gotten a dragon >NoLongerToxicOMG: you havent ganked mid once NoLongerToxicOMG: why should I help you when you dont help me?" Straight from the jump you're forcibly telling other players what to do, then berating them or giving up when they don't perform the way you want them to. If your jungler isn't ganking you, insulting them by saying "I'm done, mid open, better JG wins" isn't going to make them more likely to gank you, it makes them more likely to ignore you. You're also wagering the status of the game on this argument, because your jungler didn't help you (whether intentional or not) you're purposefully going to be a detriment to your team by refusing to help them. To keep it short, be the bigger person and just walk away. It's not about getting the last word in or playing a certain way out of spite, it's about winning the game and keeping your composure. If you can't cooperate with your teammates, mute them and focus on how you can improve the situation. [](https://.) ##Game 2: >NoLongerToxicOMG: get out of my lane NoLongerToxicOMG: or get reported and banned >NoLongerToxicOMG: you fed them a kill and did no damage >NoLongerToxicOMG: report ezreal NoLongerToxicOMG: hes crybaby NoLongerToxicOMG: he wont stop whinning >NoLongerToxicOMG: now its over NoLongerToxicOMG: its over >NoLongerToxicOMG: gg NoLongerToxicOMG: report this toxic ezreal NoLongerToxicOMG: Enjoy your ban Continually asking for reports can be considered player harassment as it doesn't do anything to better the situation and it won't result in punishments being doled out more often. It takes one report to trigger a game for automatic review, you don't need to ask other players to report Ezreal. On top of that, using reports as a weapon (saying things like "enjoy your ban" and "get reported and banned") is spiteful, unhelpful, and negative. Same thing as above, be the bigger person and walk away. If they make a bad play, tell them _constructively_ how they can play better and help them, don't berate them for it. Everyone makes mistakes. [](https://.) ##Game 3 >Pre-Game >NoLongerToxicOMG: in this elo? theyre bad NoLongerToxicOMG: bad NoLongerToxicOMG: do it yourself NoLongerToxicOMG: its over >NoLongerToxicOMG: Urgot NoLongerToxicOMG: 14 deaths NoLongerToxicOMG: stfu 4/6 Post-Game >NoLongerToxicOMG: Remember what I said kass NoLongerToxicOMG: Kass players in low elo are bad NoLongerToxicOMG: You only killed me twice this game >NoLongerToxicOMG: ? NoLongerToxicOMG: Later crybaby You really need to stop saying "it's over" and being passive aggressive with your teammates, that isn't going to make you more likely to win. Your teammates are there to _help_ you and even if they're being difficult you need to work with them to win. Focus on improving your mentality, don't take your games so seriously, and try to work with your teammates in the future. >Is this worth a 14 day suspension since I really didn't say anything vulgar or hate speech, If you received previous punishments in the form of a 10-game chat restriction and a 25-game chat restriction, yes, these logs will warrant a 14-day gameplay suspension. The next step is a permanent suspension. Riot has already made it abundantly clear that this behavior is unacceptable, now they're going to start getting more serious with the punishments as a way to stop toxicity dead in it's tracks. >Also if its important, I carried and won 2/3 of these games, so I don't know how was I suspended for griefing. It's not really important, honestly. Whether you carried this game or went 0/20, players don't appreciate this type of language and Riot doesn't condone it in any capacity.
: Got reported due to fire alarm
Anyone can go AFK for any reason. There's nothing stopping me from going AFK for 20 minutes and then coming back to say "Sorry, League crashed." Not saying you're lying, but my point is that your teammates have no way to validate what you're saying, all they see is a teammate who went AFK and (potentially) lost them the game.
: > Edit: Hey, fun fact, here's confirmation of an incoming Karma nerf that you could have found yourself if you bothered to check: Oh wow, I now have to search for every developpers who MIGHT share information on twitter or persons documenting the twitter posts on forum posts with limited visibility? Wow, how convenient, this sure is more efficient than the official information sharing medias that developpers should be using... /s Also, this shares nothing on what will actually come out of this. Morde getting hotfixed nerfed doesn't exclude the fact that he'll be nerfed again in the next patch, and Karma getting a confirmed nerf doesn't confirm that she might have an ACTUAL nerf and not something more related to Riven's recent "nerf" or the classic Irelia "-5ms" meme. > So because one champion is strong, that means nothing else matters and no other champion can be problematic I wasn't saying that Morde isn't overpowered. He is. But the facts are that other champions are waaaaaay more problematic in a far more steady state than a newly released rework of a champion who's part of a champion class that was nearly forgotten about in the meta. What's the point of nerfing a problematic figure if other figures are even more problematic, but not getting any attention? AKA, why does everyone complain about an overpowered Morde, while willingfully ignoring that he isn't the only one who's ruining toplane?
Dude, you can literally just google "Karma nerfs". It's also on the Karma mains subreddit which is, you know, _kind of_ a good place to get reliable information regarding a champion. It's not like I had to go searching through 50 different sources just to find one that says Riot is nerfing Karma, it's **open information** that's _easy to access_ if you take the time to **actually look it up. ** Also, just because you don't use Twitter doesn't mean it's not an "official" source of information, plenty of developers across many different games use it as a means to connect with their audience. **On top of that,** the link I posted is from a tweet that was just made 5 days ago, meaning a more informative and "streamlined" announcement is coming soon.
iiGazeii (NA)
: What ADCs are good against Jhin?
Jhin suffers against champions with very high burst or high DPS. Since most burst champions don't go bot or take time to scale, higher DPS champions tend to work better. Lucian is (usually) his hardest counter just because he can pressure Jhin so hard in duels and is able to dodge his W. Twitch works decently well according to [RankedBoost](https://rankedboost.com/league-of-legends/counter/jhin/) along with Sivir and Draven.
: How to find player's changed username with old one?
You could try filing a support ticket, but they might not provide you with the name due to security/privacy reasons. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
: "Omg Mordekaiser is so utterly broken and unfair I'm literally shaking and crying right now"
>"Omg Mordekaiser is so utterly broken and unfair I'm literally shaking and crying right now" Okay, first off, _what?_ So because one champion is strong, that means nothing else matters and no other champion can be problematic? Yes, Karma's winrate is obscenely high right now, but that doesn't mean Mordekaiser was in a balanced state as a result. Secondly, Morde **just** got hotfixed, his passive and base stats were reduced so hopefully he should fall back in line. Karma just received buffs and they were clearly too much, so given a bit of time she'll be hotfixed or nerfed accordingly. Edit: Hey, fun fact, here's confirmation of an incoming Karma nerf that you could have found yourself if you bothered to check: https://www.reddit.com/r/karmamains/comments/c1vcpt/karma_nerf_planned_for_913/?ref=share&ref_source=link
GYLDA (EUNE)
: player behaviour
>Maybe rules aren't bad,but Riot incapability to implement them is obvious. They cant detect most of the trolls and intentionall feeders,but they program can detect when you flame... That is just one example how rules means nothing when you cant implement them... Yeah, they can detect toxicity consistently and with ease because it's usually _always_ a clear cut case. If someone types out a flagged word it's easy to match that to the word in your database and come up with a match, it's not like Riot is purposefully prioritizing flagging toxicity over intentional feeders, the automated system does it because it's the easiest thing it can do. Do you know why some gameplay related offenses go unpunished? Because in 90% of cases the person's intention isn't always clear. Let's say you have a Master Yi jungle, he finished 8/15/15. Decent kill participation, moderate ward score, 2nd highest CS on your team, and got 3/5 dragons. - Is that person a troll? Are you _sure_? If so, how do you design an automated system to go through hundreds of millions of games and detect trolls without fail? - Is that person intentionally feeding? They had two deaths that seemed sketchy... but it might have just been a poor engage. - What if they just genuinely played poorly? So you decide to make a decision. - Uh oh, you punished that player and it turns out they were just having a bad game, now they're not going to continue playing or spending money, they're also going to badmouth League so none of their friends try it. #or - You go based off of the statistical evidence and let the player go. Now you have 4 people complaining about them getting an inter in their games and next thing you know _they_ int out of frustration or AFK out of anger, they spread the word that Riot doesn't punish players for intentionally feeding and now 20 other people start doing it because why not? _________ Now obviously this is a bit of an extremist view of things, but it _does_ happen more than you'd expect and my point is that it's not as easy as just flipping a switch. If there was an end-all solution to trolls, Riot would have implemented it by now. Also, even though everyone on the Boards will disagree and probably downvote me for saying this, intentional feeders, AFKers, and trolls _do_ get punished. Just because it doesn't happen as often as you like isn't indicative of Riot giving them a pass. >And That is my friend one of the reasons why Riot community is so toxic The OP said _Riot_ is the _cause_ of toxicity. Which is false, ignorant, and frankly childish to claim.
GYLDA (EUNE)
: player behaviour
>it has literally nothing to do with the game league of legends but with the community, just look at any other game like counterstrike where you cant be banned for bad mouthing but you can get banned if you hack or intentionally troll. Not really sure how that correlates, but alright. I suppose it doesn't really matter where we are be it below "The Game" or "Community" because we fit in either section decently well. >Because riot as a company has shaped the community to the toxic sludge it is today Uh, no. At what point do the players take responsibility for their actions? How did _Riot_ make us into "toxic sludge"? The rules aren't that bad, they're not overly strict, and they _curb_ toxicity, not breed it.
: > [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9thRU0F2,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-21T22:14:27.397+0000) > > Okay, from now on I'll keep posting this snippet then. > > Riot can't proactively ban people for trolling before they actually troll. > > Trolling is also much harder to detect with any reasonable automatic system that tries to avoid banning people falsely. > > Riot is not going to steer the game towards gauging individual performance when determining how much LP you get because that's just begging for the system to be abused to the result of the purpose of game falling apart (namely, to have the enemy nexus blow up before yours). > > Time and time again people respond to your complaints only for you to ignore the discussion and make the same post later as if the discussion never happened. I keep complain because I’m am sick of losing game because of things I cannot control. Riot can do something about this but they choose not to.
> I keep complain because I’m am sick of losing game because of things I cannot control. Riot can do something about this but they choose not to. No, actually, AeroWaffle is right. Just because someone "admits" to trolling in chat doesn't mean they're actually doing it. I know it sounds weird but some people will type that in a joking manner while performing just fine, other people will say it just to get under your skin. In either case you can't just punish someone for saying that because there's more to the story than them just typing "I'm trolling." Side note: If you can't handle losing due to things out of your control, you're going to take issue with every multiplayer game in existence. You're _going_ to have bad teammates, lag, unfortunate circumstances, the whole nine yards. If you want an enjoyable experience 100% of the time, swap to a single player game. It sucks to say but it's just a sad truth of online gaming. ________ Also, obligatory mention, if you keep spamming the same post over and over again they'll start to be removed and your account might be restricted. Don't disregard the rules, report the players to the best of your ability and move on.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QBVjEGif,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-21T22:03:33.282+0000) > > 1 - Even if there was some sort of IP ban for players from Iran, it could be easily circumvented through proxies (proxys?) and/or VPNs. > > 2 - I haven't seen a single person talking about this topic and I'm one of the most frequent users of this board. Maybe the posts were removed? Either way it's not appropriate to talk about politics here, doubly so for ones that talk about not letting certain people play the game. > > Simply put, anyone saying we should "ban all _x_ people" from playing is ignorant and their posts should be removed. Not all people from a controversial group or country are bad and anyone with common sense should be able to figure that out. > > Edit: Ulanopo sent me a link to the GD Iran IP Ban post, sorry about that. I was checking through PB since that's what was in your title, not GD. 1) This isn't a discussion on the ban itself, just the behavior of some people who are commented on topics 2) https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/cjnfEvJt-riot-has-blocked-irans-ip Not sure if this is the same thread Ulan sent you, I've seen multiple threads on this topic. This is the one I was reading where I saw the comments this post is about, most are deleted now.
> 1) This isn't a discussion on the ban itself, just the behavior of some people who are commented on topics Yeah, those people are ignorant and not capable of real discussion. Best to just report them and move on. > Not sure if this is the same thread Ulan sent you, I've seen multiple threads on this topic. This is the one I was reading where I saw the comments this post is about, most are deleted now. Yeah, that was the one Ulanopo sent me. Most of those comments have already been removed and Ulanopo is going to keep monitoring it for any continued negativity.
: Player behavior on the boards
1 - Even if there was some sort of IP ban for players from Iran, it could be easily circumvented through proxies (proxys?) and/or VPNs. 2 - I haven't seen a single person talking about this topic and I'm one of the most frequent users of this board. Maybe the posts were removed? Either way it's not appropriate to talk about politics here, doubly so for ones that talk about not letting certain people play the game. Simply put, anyone saying we should "ban all _x_ people" from playing is ignorant and their posts should be removed. Not all people from a controversial group or country are bad and anyone with common sense should be able to figure that out. Edit: Ulanopo sent me a link to the GD Iran IP Ban post, sorry about that. I was checking through PB since that's what was in your title, not GD.
: Nightblue3 and Nubrac
>AFK is unacceptable because it creates a negative play experience for the team. However, in NB3s situation, 2 already afk'd, the other already gave up on the game, so in this case, Nubrac's team agreed that the game was over because of Nubrac's indisputable griefing behavior. The circumstances don't matter, AFKing is unacceptable. Play the game until a Nexus explodes or don't play at all, Riot doesn't ever see it as justifiable and doubly so for a popular content creator since that could set a precedent for his/her viewers. Also: "Nubrac's indisputable griefing behavior." It's clearly not "indisputable" since the situation has caused this big of an uproar on Twitter, Reddit, _and_ the Boards. Factually speaking there is no definitive answer to this problem, it's disputable from either side. >Now I do hate NB3 as well especially after his drama with qtpie when he was called out for being diamond so NB3 intentionally fed on stream when qtpie was on his team. NB3 can honestly be trash with his toxic behavior, but this afk situation was inevitable (meaning it was out of NB3's control, why you ask? because the game was out of his control when Nubrac decided to refuse to communicate pre-game AND during the game, created a negative play experience for his whole team (and evidently in numerous other games as presented by Nubrac from Riot), and hard-griefed. Again, AFKing is unacceptable regardless of the scenario. Even if a full 5 man premade chose to AFK, that's still against the rules and those players are eligible for punishment.
: going afk is unacceptable, but when was the last time that someone got banned for 2 weeks after 1 infraction of being such? is there somewhere in the summoner code that says if you're a content creator you have to be held on a pedestal? what about tyler1? he's back to his toxic ways and riot doesn't seem to care at all? a little 2 faced don't you think?
>going afk is unacceptable, but when was the last time that someone got banned for 2 weeks after 1 infraction of being such? is there somewhere in the summoner code that says if you're a content creator you have to be held on a pedestal? 1 - I _specifically_ said "_**most players**_ believe that as a popular content creator he should be held to a higher standard." If Riot does hold these people to higher standards, I don't think they've announced it anywhere. I could be wrong, though. 2 - I'm pretty sure NB3 was punished for his language, not for one instance of going AFK. https://imgur.com/lRYo4Hu.png AFK punishments don't provide chat logs and it also specifically says "**because of abusive**, player-reported comms" > what about tyler1? he's back to his toxic ways and riot doesn't seem to care at all? a little 2 faced don't you think? I personally haven't seen a single instance of T1 being toxic, although if it was that big a deal I think there would be more widespread outrage. In any case, file a support ticket or tweet at a Rioter if it's that important to you.
: Nightblue3 and Nubrac
>How is it toxic that NB3 was rightfully upset about a griefer that Riot has known about and hadn't banned? Because whether or not we disagree with Nubrac's strategy and even though his teammates did it too, AFKing is unacceptable. Additionally, NB3s attitude in that match was poor and most players believe that as a popular content creator he should be held to a higher standard. Personal note, I do think that Nubrac's strategy should be considered griefing but that's clearly a large point of contention for the majority of players and as such it should be obvious that **there is no definitive answer** to this situation.
Show more

Hotarµ

Level 212 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion