Wtf Jax (EUW)
: I just realized that riot can't do anything for you
Did you actually type this out as a serious question? Do you just straight up lack the ability to comprehend that the people complaining about X and the people complaining about Y might just be different groups of people?
: W is maxed for the attack speed, not the active
> [{quoted}](name=ForFoxSakes,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bcOMvAEN,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-04-18T21:39:02.314+0000) > > W is maxed for the attack speed, not the active Of course? I never said otherwise. All I said was RIOT IS CLEARLY TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE MAX Q FIRST INSTEAD OF W. They are nerfing the one point power of q significantly while buffing 5 point q. Then they also nerf W with the exception of 1 and 2 points. Do you see where they are going with this? They don't seem to want to touch the AS so they are trying to make maxing q or putting a couple points in w and then maxing q more attractive.
Fawksea (EUW)
: Warwick buffs.... i don't...?
They clearly want people to max Q instead of W.
: Toplane has zero impact on the game
Welcome to toplane lol. Gives you some perspective as to why top laners are constantly complaining doesn't it? Now imagine all of what you said but you also couldn't lane against any tanks whatsoever. At least now we have conqueror.
Onotori (NA)
: BOTW and Odyssey aren't good games though. Relative to other modern trash, sure, they're better than most, but relative to other Nintendo games, especially in their own respective series, they're trash. BOTW is hollow and lifeless, with no story, progression or character development, and Odyssey is Mario without a soul. And Iwata hated mobile gaming and DLC with a passion, because he knew they were just about money, and didn't stick to the principles Nintendo had -- that's why Nintendo games never had DLC, and they had no mobile games. As soon as he got sick and left the company, Nintendo went into mobile gaming, and now that he's gone... Nintendo is just as bad as any other company putting out half-assed games riddled with DLC.
> [{quoted}](name=Konotori,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hEsB586O,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-04-18T03:58:11.645+0000) > > BOTW and Odyssey aren't good games though. Relative to other modern trash, sure, they're better than most, but relative to other Nintendo games, especially in their own respective series, they're trash. BOTW is hollow and lifeless, with no story, progression or character development, and Odyssey is Mario without a soul. > > And Iwata hated mobile gaming and DLC with a passion, because he knew they were just about money, and didn't stick to the principles Nintendo had -- that's why Nintendo games never had DLC, and they had no mobile games. As soon as he got sick and left the company, Nintendo went into mobile gaming, and now that he's gone... Nintendo is just as bad as any other company putting out half-assed games riddled with DLC. Look, you are free to dislike BOTW and Odyssey all you want but trash? To each their own I guess. I'm gonna take a guess and say you also think Metroid: Other M is a masterpiece of gaming?
: IS THERE ANY WAY TO FORMALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT BLUE ESSENCE
> Its turning into a grind game that you dont even know if the grind is worth it because.... you might get 400 blue essence.... or you might get 1000.... Agree and disagree. League has ALWAYS been a grind game. I agree that now the payoff of champion capsules per level vs IP after each game feels worse though.
: IS THERE ANY WAY TO FORMALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT BLUE ESSENCE
Old system example. Only first wins of the day: 6300/150= 42 days = 42 games 2 games a day all wins: 6300/240 (150+90 I'll be super generous here)= 26.25 days*2= 52.5 games 3 games a day all wins:6300/330= 19*3= 57 games And all of this requires that you get pretty much max IP and you win 42-57 games in a row, something that will obviously never happen so you might as well multiply any of those numbers by 1.5. > why should I have to play... like more then 40 games to get ONE, I REPEAT, ONE decent champ Because 40 games for one champion doesn't seem so bad now does it?
: Why this game retains it's numbers.
Its because of the sunk cost fallacy.
: Kind of a pain to select that every time you wanna play.
> [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eAZ2nvAs,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-15T17:50:48.093+0000) > > Kind of a pain to select that every time you wanna play. Maybe you could have a couple of saved preferences?
: Has Riot Lost Touch With Their Community?
No they have not lost touch with their community. Or maybe they have idk but the point is that it's not the issue. Riot has lost touch with their game. They know that they are losing people, they know that bot lane is too impactful, that players are complaining about little agency etc. They don't know how to fix it or they don't want to. The current game state is the result of 2-3 years of small (with exception of preseasons) changes to the game here and there that individually don't have too big of an impact on the game but all together we end up with this mess of a game. The entire game has shifted, base stats are way different, items are different, new champions and reworks, runes are different and frankly riot doesn't know how to capture the old magic of league. Its either that explanation or the far worse one that riot actually wants the game to be like this. * They want shorter faster paced games but obviously they never intended it to be at the cost of laning phase being basically useless. * They wanted supports to have more agency over the game so they introduced support items that make them feel impactful but they didn't want it to skew the balance of bot lane/vs the rest of the map. * They wanted comebacks to be easier so they increased passive gold generation which not only further made laning and trying to get a lead more useless but also gave supports/adcs more power. They keep trying to fix/change a specific aspect of the game and usually they succeed in making the game faster/roles more impactful but with the unintented consequence of drastically altering other parts of the game they couldn't have seen coming. Now they are trying to deal with all the unintended consequences but they don't know how without reverting other things or without fucking up another part of the game while trying to fix it.
Verl0h (NA)
: I love League of Legends. The game however creates a tendency towards over-competitive nature. It's completely normal to get distraught or downtrodden when playing League. My advice? Take a break for a few hours. If all you're doing is hyper-focusing on the game, then that is what is bringing you down. Physical activity and fitness can do wonders for you, and honestly bring you much more enjoyment when you come back to the game. The finer points of the balancing system will always be an ebb & flow. I encourage you to learn to ride the tide. May {{champion:136}} bless you, and good luck on The Rift, fellow Summoner!
> [{quoted}](name=Verl0h,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jEYnL8tv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-15T16:21:17.162+0000) > > I love League of Legends. The game however creates a tendency towards over-competitive nature. It's completely normal to get distraught or downtrodden when playing League. My advice? Take a break for a few hours. If all you're doing is hyper-focusing on the game, then that is what is bringing you down. Physical activity and fitness can do wonders for you, and honestly bring you much more enjoyment when you come back to the game. The finer points of the balancing system will always been an ebb & flow. I encourage you to learn to ride the tide. May {{champion:136}} bless you, and good luck on The Rift, fellow Summoner! Is this a troll post or are you trying to be sincere? OP isn't complaining about his last ranked and he said nothing about the competitive nature of the game, he is making an observation that among his friends and general people he plays with a lot of them agree about the issues and feel Riot is not on a path towards fixing them.
: >---Your gameplay pattern is never safe. You learn something, you master it, and they pull the rug out from under you constantly. I wanna specifically get into this part because I find interesting parallels because I grew up in the FGC. Bear with me because this is a semi-long post. In the FGC, your play pattern was never safe. Ever. Since Day 1. You were always victim to patches, version updates, etc. Now, the one thing I'll say these had over league/dota/etc. is that you could go back to playing Championship edition rather than final HD remix. But your competition would move on and you would be left dipping your feet into shallow tournament pools comparative to whatever the new hotness is. And this isn't a character specific thing either, as entire systems would be added or removed version-by-version. The major difference, however, is that the FGC accepted this. The FGC realized that this wasn't something that was going to change and you had to stay on the top of your game. It's why the FGC has crazy figures like Daigo Umehara who routinely bounces back and adapts or SonicFox who somehow always figures out how to perform amazingly no matter what game he picks up. Now let's look at a game that _has_ never pulled the rug out: Smash Melee. Smash melee might pull big numbers but the tournament scene is rather stagnant in both characters and players. A new player isn't as invested in picking up melee because it's insanely hard to compete against someone with ten years of experience, skill, practice and muscle memory. It's why the top end of melee sees a huge amount of the same players even to this day. If the FGC was the ultimate in evolution, Smash was the ultimate in stagnation. Now, again, maybe this is me coming from the FGC, but I feel no qualms with the rug being pulled out from under your or myself. It sucks, sure, but that's life. You shouldn't be crying when your Zero lightning loops are taken away from you in the new Marvel vs. Capcom game. You need to adapt and overcome. I'm sure there's someone who will try to be cheeky and say "NU I CANT RITO WUNT LET ME" but that's a whole different can of worms. There's also a reason why there's a mix of old and new in the pro scene: Guys like Doublelift can adapt and overcome even after all these years yet there's still a place for newcomers, so long as they can adapt as the game changes. In truth, his problem is more with games as a whole than league. This is the direction gaming is going: Patches, fixes and major updates that drastically change the game. But without getting into every aspect of his argument (Some I agree, some I disagree), the big one for me is that he's upset gameplay changes. Unfortunately for some and happily for others, this is just how we're going forward as an industry.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3inQ28E3,comment-id=0027,timestamp=2018-04-15T08:42:35.341+0000) > > I wanna specifically get into this part because I find interesting parallels because I grew up in the FGC. Bear with me because this is a semi-long post. > > In the FGC, your play pattern was never safe. Ever. Since Day 1. You were always victim to patches, version updates, etc. Now, the one thing I'll say these had over league/dota/etc. is that you could go back to playing Championship edition rather than final HD remix. But your competition would move on and you would be left dipping your feet into shallow tournament pools comparative to whatever the new hotness is. And this isn't a character specific thing either, as entire systems would be added or removed version-by-version. > > The major difference, however, is that the FGC accepted this. The FGC realized that this wasn't something that was going to change and you had to stay on the top of your game. It's why the FGC has crazy figures like Daigo Umehara who routinely bounces back and adapts or SonicFox who somehow always figures out how to perform amazingly no matter what game he picks up. > > Now let's look at a game that _has_ never pulled the rug out: Smash Melee. Smash melee might pull big numbers but the tournament scene is rather stagnant in both characters and players. A new player isn't as invested in picking up melee because it's insanely hard to compete against someone with ten years of experience, skill, practice and muscle memory. It's why the top end of melee sees a huge amount of the same players even to this day. If the FGC was the ultimate in evolution, Smash was the ultimate in stagnation. > > Now, again, maybe this is me coming from the FGC, but I feel no qualms with the rug being pulled out from under your or myself. It sucks, sure, but that's life. You shouldn't be crying when your Zero lightning loops are taken away from you in the new Marvel vs. Capcom game. You need to adapt and overcome. I'm sure there's someone who will try to be cheeky and say "NU I CANT RITO WUNT LET ME" but that's a whole different can of worms. There's also a reason why there's a mix of old and new in the pro scene: Guys like Doublelift can adapt and overcome even after all these years yet there's still a place for newcomers, so long as they can adapt as the game changes. > > In truth, his problem is more with games as a whole than league. This is the direction gaming is going: Patches, fixes and major updates that drastically change the game. But without getting into every aspect of his argument (Some I agree, some I disagree), the big one for me is that he's upset gameplay changes. Unfortunately for some and happily for others, this is just how we're going forward as an industry. I never played FGC but based on how you have described FGC it seems like there were always new strategies that replaced the old strategies at a decent pace so that there were always enough different options to win even if it wasn't the same as last patch. League just got rid of the old strategies without adding any new ones to compensate. Currently the objectivly best strategy to use is. Lane, try to avoid fights and farm until you see an opportinity to tp/roam bot, get bot ahead and take first tower, bot rotates to get other towers, get vision in jungle, get dragon and rinse and repeat as a group getting objectives/towers for the next 15-20 min bc the enemy can't really fight you due to not having an adc. You could use this strategy before, this has always existed in the past in comps like protect the kog, but you also had other strategies. Splitpushing was a lot more impactful, being able to solo carry from mid/top/jungle was an option instead of just using your lead to get your adc ahead, different types of team comps countered others poke vs wombo. Now we just have a single strategy and its slowly strangling the game. The game still updates patch after patch as you say in the end but nothing big has really changed since the ardent meta.
: New Dev Team vs Old Dev Team
> [{quoted}](name=Bârd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=L7p7Gpwq,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2018-04-11T22:15:51.770+0000) > > 1. True damage is still a rare mechanic. In the last 3 years, they have only added three champions with true damage in their kit (Zoe, Urgot, Camille). Hell, I personally don't even count Zoe's true damage as real true damage since it works by multiplying post-mitigation damage. > 2. ADC's are still limited in mobility and CC. In the last 3 years, only two ADC's with any form of hard mobility have been added (Kai'sa, Kindred) and only two have had hard CC (Jhin, Xayah). > 3. League, as a base game, is not very complicated. Because of this, League derives it's complexity from the complexity of its champions. This is the opposite of a game like Dota, which is very complex at base but has relatively simple heroes (with an exception here or there). > 4. Riot has a presence on the boards, they just don't tend to reply to a lot of the salt-piles on Gameplay. If there's a genuine discussion, there's a good chance they'll reply. If you're just crying about how "ADC'S ARE OP", not so much. > 5. These guys are professionals. I'd hazard to say that they know a bit more about game design than a bunch of rando's on the Gameplay boards. Morde and Shaco are strange designs that they're trying to get into an eventual full update. The balance changes you see now are band-aids to tide us over until they can redesign those two into something healthy enough that they can allow them to be good. As for Karma, yeah they done goofed. > 6. Excuse me? Have we been reading the same lore? Maybe Karma isn't exactly where she should be, but everything else they've done is pretty damn awesome. They're doing an incredible job with world building. I'd rather have a "Where Icathia once Stood" every couple months than a newsletter every week or so. 1. I'd disagree with this one considering we have true damage on duskblade effectively giving it to every ad champion that uses the item and now Conqueror on bruisers (way more true damage that duskblade) which gives every single one 20% of their damage dealt as true damage. 2. Disagree again. Kinda misleading how you word that statement. The ONLY adcs released in the last 3 years are Ka'sai, Kindred, Jhin and Xayah. Thats 100% of them getting either CC or mobility (xayah gets both). 3. Meh, Kinda agree/disagree here. League has always been less complex than say Dota but for most of the time I've been playing it felt like I had to create a new strategy or change up something I did from the previous game in order to be successful in the current one. Now however I'd argue that the game certainly has lost some of its complexity due to a combination of shitty changes that riot made and the game simply being out too long and players figuring out the optimal strategy. I don't know how much of this change is because of one factor or the other but both are clearly responsible. 4. Agree, Riot has been communicating way more. Ever since the disaster that was Dynamic que riot has been increasing their attempts to communicate with the players. They are kinda inconsistent about it though so both sides have examples. Riot has shown that they respond to well thought out posts with numbers (recent example is the archangels nerf) but also they respond to (less often but still respond) insulting and dismissive posts or posts just crying over and over about one thing (the whole 3 months of top laners saying they have no keystone). Definitely always try to promote civil discussion with Rioters and we will continue to see more responses. 5. Yes they are professionals by definition. They are paid to be game designers therefore that is there profession thus making them professionals. I'd say this is meaningless to argue over though because the people who are saying they aren't professionals are just salty and saying they are bad at their jobs. Everyone understands that they are paid to be good at this. I don't know where you are getting this one though since OP doesn't mention this and you didn't reply to anyone else. 6. Ye he is just plain wrong about the lore. Sure the first year after the switch to no summoners/league was a little jarring with much less content but since then they have been constantly expanding the lore. We have gotten (im not actually counting this its just off the top of my head) like 4-5 full region updates by now and its pretty fleshed out.
RosyMiz (NA)
: Who's the Hottest Female Champion? (Round 1, part 2 of 3)
: i know i'll get hella downvotes for this but instead of doing something so unnecessary because you don't like the change, how about you don't use the skin? no idea why people like you are so determined to get rid of something you hate or don't like at all. {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
> [{quoted}](name=Corgos,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RjoAbxiA,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-03-24T01:45:09.766+0000) > > i know i'll get hella downvotes for this but instead of doing something so unnecessary because you don't like the change, how about you don't use the skin? no idea why people like you are so determined to get rid of something you hate or don't like at all. > {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} Did you even read the post? He outlines pretty clearly why he is doing this.
: > [{quoted}](name=NorthernRedStar,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BH0p1IzO,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-03-20T19:11:56.554+0000) > > It's been 3 STRAIGHT SEASONS in a row now that Riot keeps shaving off the skill ceiling of the game in order to cater for NEWBIES. This has nearly ALWAYS happened at the expense of veterans, the guys who've been playing for years, often from seasons 2-3 onwards. Best example the recent Irelia rework, clearly less skill ceiling after they turned W and E into skillshots /S {{sticker:sg-ezreal}} And then there was warwick and poppy, swain, sion, soraka, kata, xin, fiora... oh wait they all got more skillshots, damn.
> [{quoted}](name=Leaf on Bush,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BH0p1IzO,comment-id=000c0001,timestamp=2018-03-21T15:47:54.186+0000) > > Best example the recent Irelia rework, clearly less skill ceiling after they turned W and E into skillshots /S > > {{sticker:sg-ezreal}} > > And then there was warwick and poppy, swain, sion, soraka, kata, xin, fiora... oh wait they all got more skillshots, damn. Idk, champion reworks seem like a really shit way to provide evidence against riot lowering the skill ceiling. Champions are individual and by no means affect every single game or every single player. A better example would have been gold generation per minute. Riot has changed it from 16 gold per 10 seconds(roughly, I can't remember the decimal count) to 20.4 gold per 10 seconds. That affects everyone in the game regardless of skill level. Increasing passive gold gain lowers the skill ceiling. It means that a cs lead in lane isn't as impactful anymore because the enemy now has better passive gold generation towards their core items. If you want to counter the argument that Riot is lowering the skill ceiling then please use an example that affects all players every time they play the game.
: battelrite is a more fun game than league
Then what are you doing on a league forum? Go play it and have fun. Battlerite is a fully fleshed out version of the moba teamfight mechanics without the laning phase, map play or strategy. They aren't really comparable since they cater to different desires people have for getting enjoyment out of a game. Fun is subjective. Some people find league more fun, others find battlerite more fun.
Jo0o (NA)
: You're not wrong, but more deterrents couldn't hurt, right? I doubt Riot's bottom line would be adversely affected if they made it a teensy bit more complicated to make a new account. (I still think the best solution is to require an amount of money up front for every new account and then pay that cost back several times over in RP, like a new account costs $5 but then begins with $20 worth of RP, but I doubt Riot would be willing to implement that for several reasons).
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UxG5apjF,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-03-15T17:20:32.377+0000) > > You're not wrong, but more deterrents couldn't hurt, right? I doubt Riot's bottom line would be adversely affected if they made it a teensy bit more complicated to make a new account. > > (I still think the best solution is to require an amount of money up front for every new account and then pay that cost back several times over in RP, like a new account costs $5 but then begins with $20 worth of RP, but I doubt Riot would be willing to implement that for several reasons). So your solution is to take Riots Free to play business model and just chuck it out the window? Money up front for a new account would require a credit card (18 or someones permission) and more to the point would no longer be free to play. Its doesn't matter if you get RP for 5$ you spent because Rp only has value inside league's ecosystem. It just becomes pay 5$ to play then. How is he simultaneously not wrong and yet you believe more deterrents couldn't hurt? Wat? The entire post he made explained other deterrents and how they wouldn't work/hurt other people anyways. Yes riots bottom line would be affected. Especially when they would be changing how complicated it is to make an account without that change actually providing any benefit to stopping permabanned players. Its pretty clear you are salty after a recent game where someone trolled/griefed/inted while taunting you that they had already been permabaned before and that your report wouldn't matter this time either.
Odenmaru (NA)
: Why did the Wii U bomb so hard?
Right out of the gate Nintendo did not know how to market it. Their ads did not make a proper distinction between the Wii and the Wii U and as a result a LOT of people assumed it was some kind of addition to the Wii and not a separate console confusing and turning a lot of people off of it. On top of the poor marketing the Wii U didn't have a starting lineup of good first party games at launch or releasing during the first year. That then contributed to a lack of third party support for the entire lifespan resulting in a failed console. The Wii U did eventually end up with a good number of solid first party games (smash, mario kart 8, splatoon, bayonetta 1 and 2, Mario 3d world and U, Mario maker, xenoblade, Pikmin 3, Windwaker HD, Donkey kong tropical freeze, Captain Toad) but it was already too late. The Wii U is a great case study on how not to release and support a product while the Switch is a great case study on the opposite. Nintendo made it very clear what the gimmick of the switch was (portability) and built a lot of hype. They had amazing first party support in the first year with the biggest IPs being Botw (for launch) and Mario Odyssey (for Holiday season) further increasing console sales. On top of that we got a plethora of third party support (dark souls is gonna be on a portable Nintendo console) as a result of the first years success.
: It's like this because Riot fixed many of the problems in 8.4 and actively communicating with its players
> [{quoted}](name=AquariusGine,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hNwi0E5x,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-03-09T21:20:39.302+0000) > > It's like this because Riot fixed many of the problems in 8.4 and actively communicating with its players Its almost like the boards are a reflection of the state of the game or something
: If you needed a reason to hate humanity for the night
I wonder what is going to happen to the vegan movement when lab grown meat starts becoming commonplace. It pretty much throws the whole "do it for the animals being slaughtered" argument out.
: The Reason It is Impossible to get out of Low Ranking Divisions
Its because the difference in skill is much lower in higher ranks. Think about all the different things you need to be good at in order to reach diamond. You have to be good at csing, roaming, knowing what objectives to go for and when, when to group with your team, how to ward properly, how to lane etc. Everyone knows how to do all of these things competently in high elo. This means the game becomes more about which team can execute the necessary steps to win better. In low elo on the other hand you could have gold players who are really good at roaming, warding and knowing when to go for objectives but they simply can't match up in laning yet and as a result are just gold. Or you could get people who dominate the laning phase but then don't know what to do after, continue to farm and eventually get caught out enough to lose the game. Or you could be good at almost all of them but you simply don't get consistently good cs and even if you get leads the enemy is never too far behind. Then you stick 5 people like this together vs another 5 like this and you start to understand why low elo plays a very different game then high elo. You could get 4 people who all know what they are doing with objectives and as a result you stomp but you could just as easily get 2 that do and 2 that don't and your team is always split between what they should do and get caught out.
: > [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2bNAe0Ee,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-05T14:03:20.654+0000) > > From the [Tribunal FAQ](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2411284): > Actually, this is the unfortunate problem. Allowing permanently banned players another chance is an extremely damaging cost. Do you know what the success rate of the Level 20 Challenge was? 5%. Do you know that for each person, they clearly outlined the toxic behaviors and had 1 on 1 conversations with the players to try to improve their behavior? These are players that were hand-picked by Player Support staff because they felt the pleas from these players were genuine. The success rate was still 5%. ROFLMAO, like perma banning accounts stops people who play over a 100 games a month.... from playing again? The logic is amazingly circular!
> [{quoted}](name=ClevelandfCj,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2bNAe0Ee,comment-id=0000000d,timestamp=2018-02-28T17:03:46.142+0000) > > ROFLMAO, like perma banning accounts stops people who play over a 100 games a month.... from playing again? The logic is amazingly circular! What? They don't care if they play 100 games a month or stop playing altogether. In that quote riot is saying that of the entire program of hand picked players that said their ban was unjust and they deserved a second chance 95% of them continued being toxic assholes when given a chance to prove themselves. Riot took that fact and came to the conclusion that unbanning permanently banned accounts provides almost no gains while harming potentially thousands of other players.
: The History of Top Lane and how I learned to stop reading the boards
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Fate Fire,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MTUeWEqy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-22T00:41:58.883+0000) > > I mean, I don't really like Hashin myself and think he really oughta do something else than have a heart attack over a video game, but this personally raises some concerns for me as a low-level / rank player as now everyone D+ is going to use him as an example of "I know balance!" > > Not to say they're wrong, but a cursory glance shows heated debates on things like Yasuo, LeBlanc, ADCs in general, and Supports and shields. Assuming that they did listen to "the community" which is pretty much just high elo, what does that mean for the rest of us? Sure the game might be much better for the top players, but shit rolls downhill where something that might be "balanced" for high levels of play might be utterly OP in lower levels, Master Yi for example. > > Then again, what do I know? I barely play anymore not for reason of "game is bad" and went on to focus on other tasks. They already balance the game around high elo. People D+ already use their rank as proof of game knowledge. I don't see why this would make it any better or worse.
: Looking for a ranged splitpusher who scales well
How has no one recommended gnar yet?
: Fighter Item that offers a windowed countermeasure against perma-slows and chain-CC.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You think Riot are even considering fighter items? They still haven't even bothered to throw up a placeholder keystone on the PBE yet and its been like 3 months now. Not a bad concept tho, I like the item.
: RIP League Balance. Riot Catering to Low Elo Whiners and Nerfing Zoe.
Q damage will be 20% lower at all levels? Where did they get this nonsense. Can somebody explain to me the math behind 45-165+0.4 -> 45-105+0.2 somehow = 20% less? The ratio has been cut by 50% at every level and the base damage has been cut by more than 20% as well.
: hashinshin is fulll of shit tbh. he just wants all his champs buffed and for only fighters to be playable in top and jungle. he's pretty whiny and entitled at this point and i don't have much respect for him, although i feel bad for him in that he's become such a meme. top is relatively okay, lots of fighter mains are just attributing their concerns to tanks as opposed to bot lane where the real problems lie. tanks still get outscaled and lose lane to fighters all the time.
> [{quoted}](name=THE RlVER KlNG,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2udPEN3i,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-02-18T01:45:59.903+0000) > > hashinshin is fulll of shit tbh. he just wants all his champs buffed and for only fighters to be playable in top and jungle. he's pretty whiny and entitled at this point and i don't have much respect for him, although i feel bad for him in that he's become such a meme. > > top is relatively okay, lots of fighter mains are just attributing their concerns to tanks as opposed to bot lane where the real problems lie. tanks still get outscaled and lose lane to fighters all the time. I play this game where I see if I can guess the rank based on the comment. I guessed silver and lo and behold was correct. > tanks still get outscaled and lose lane to fighters all the time So much stupid in one sentence.
Rioter Comments
pjheric (NA)
: Galio's Current State
Riot wanted to create a tank/ap hybrid. Someone who could do damage but was also fairly tanky. Players got a hold of him and immediatly realized that he was way more impactful building either full tank of full damage and had fun with both. Riot looked at that and said "no fuck you, we designed him to be a hybrid so you are going to play him like one goddamnit" and procceeded to nerf/buff/change him while players kept doing the same thing. This led to a phase of op tank galio, a phase of op ap galio and then the current phase of well shit he kinda sucks at both now.
: On akali and built in healing through damage/applications of damage available to top lane champions
: |Game] Counter Before a Red Post
fuck it I got nothing better to do 2
Grimwohl (NA)
: Why dont Illaois skills cost mana?
lol if you can't beat illaoi as tryndamere then you are doing something seriously wrong. He straight up hard counters her. Wins level 1 and 2 hard as fuck. Level 3-5 farm as normal and if she throws e dodge and fuck her up. Level 6+ congrats she should never be able to kill you again. You should always be able to live through her damage with ulti and if you have been winning lane/stayed even then you should easily have enough damage to kill her every time your utli is up.
ferrera1 (NA)
: I'm sorry riot please unban me. @riot members
I don't see what is stopping you from creating a new account and just continuing to play without being toxic.
: How to compensate Ornn so he doesn't end up gutted with his nerf (A level 7 Ornn)
Do you honestly think giving ornn (A CHAMPION THAT DOESN'T NEED TO BACK FOR ITEMS) sustain is a good idea? This isn't a troll thread right?
: I am angry about this game because I have original thoughts!
I used to think you were funny. As the years went on I slowly realized how sad you actually are. You still post something funny once in a while but damn its so few and far between now.
Rioter Comments
: FIX THE GOD DAMN MATCHMAKING
The season just reset. What do you expect? Even if matchmaking worked perfectly at all other times (which it obv doesn't) complaining about it not working now is you either being ignorant or stupid.
Elserath (NA)
: So I got tons of IP now what do I do...
lol welcome to the club. People have been saying this for years.
: I feel like the reason vayne is doing so good is a combination of self peel, stealth, and mobility
Also her items are cheap and she gets a much easier laning phase rn with the relic meta. When the relic meta gets nerfed then she will still have all the rest of her problems but at least she won't just waltz through laning phase anymore.
Eedat (NA)
: > You shouldn't be winning vs heimer lol > * Useless against ranged Yes she's a Juggernaut but she's a Juggernaut who invalidates all the other juggernauts lol
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bNA7v9sc,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-01-15T15:29:19.326+0000) > > Yeah I kinda agree, with kleptos gold/sutain from biscuts and items it makes ranged matchups much less of a hard counter than before. Still a pain in the ass though. I was replying to the guy that said he normally does fine vs heimer. He is the exception where klepto/sustain can't help as much because its hard as balls to actually hit him with e.
Eedat (NA)
: Illaoi is the new Darius
Its almost like they exist in the same class or something. You shouldn't be winning vs heimer lol, that matchup is pure cancer. He can literally just place a turrent in front of him as you cast e and can out push you and then harras you under tower.
kaironen (NA)
: The actual meta is filled with kleptomancy users right now so I wouldn't say the meta is truly tanks. I know that ornn is currently the top tier champ but the current meta at top lane is comet and kleptomancy. Everything else, except a few exceptions, aren't doing as well. Malphite is only really good right now because of how comet is really good with his q (and it's op). Sion is the same reason. I honestly don't know much about shen but all I know is that he is weak vs range top laners and maybe juggernauts. However, I only really play poppy currently and she does decently vs him so I can't really input much. For some reason I haven't seen maokai in a long time. However, if he's too strong it's because of his kit. He honestly needs another rework due to how reliable he is. A bruiser that is currently one of the best to play at top lane I believe is camile. The champion is probably not directly op, but its comet. Honestly, I don't think saying this is a tank meta or bruiser meta or w/e you think this meta is, is the best way to put it atm. I think this is more of a who abuses comet/klepto in lane. If you abuse one of those 2, you are probably a good top laner. Ofc, some exceptions being teemo, ornn, and probably shen. Riven and yasuo is currently doing decent I think too. I think that tanks are easier to play than bruisers so they will usually have higher consistency in how well they are preforming. I personally don't play fiora/riven, etc. because I don't know how to play them well. They don't really fit my style since I like to make good tp flanks. I'm also better at playing around awareness in a teamfight since I know exactly who to go on in certain teamfights. I believe that bruisers are more single minded in who to go on, which is usually the carry. Of course, split pushers mainly try to split push, but I was never a fan of winning through that way. Even if I'm not that good currently at those types of champions, I do think that they aren't as bad as people on the boards make it look like they are (I personally think bruisers aren't weak but that's just an opinion).
> [{quoted}](name=kaironen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vOFdVMHX,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-15T07:31:40.955+0000) > > The actual meta is filled with kleptomancy users right now so I wouldn't say the meta is truly tanks. I know that ornn is currently the top tier champ but the current meta at top lane is comet and kleptomancy. Everything else, except a few exceptions, aren't doing as well. Malphite is only really good right now because of how comet is really good with his q (and it's op). Sion is the same reason. I honestly don't know much about shen but all I know is that he is weak vs range top laners and maybe juggernauts. However, I only really play poppy currently and she does decently vs him so I can't really input much. For some reason I haven't seen maokai in a long time. However, if he's too strong it's because of his kit. He honestly needs another rework due to how reliable he is. > > A bruiser that is currently one of the best to play at top lane I believe is camile. The champion is probably not directly op, but its comet. Honestly, I don't think saying this is a tank meta or bruiser meta or w/e you think this meta is, is the best way to put it atm. I think this is more of a who abuses comet/klepto in lane. If you abuse one of those 2, you are probably a good top laner. Ofc, some exceptions being teemo, ornn, and probably shen. > Riven and yasuo is currently doing decent I think too. I think that tanks are easier to play than bruisers so they will usually have higher consistency in how well they are preforming. > I personally don't play fiora/riven, etc. because I don't know how to play them well. They don't really fit my style since I like to make good tp flanks. I'm also better at playing around awareness in a teamfight since I know exactly who to go on in certain teamfights. I believe that bruisers are more single minded in who to go on, which is usually the carry. Of course, split pushers mainly try to split push, but I was never a fan of winning through that way. Even if I'm not that good currently at those types of champions, I do think that they aren't as bad as people on the boards make it look like they are (I personally think bruisers aren't weak but that's just an opinion). Except who is viable also extents past the laning phase. Bruisers like camile, jax, irelia, renekton even if they are meta (which they aren't, except for comet abuse camile) they still have to deal with the rest of the team. They either have to kill the enemy adc which is hard as balls right now due to the slow increase in support items and adc damage (who btw get their core items before bruisers since they are so much cheaper) or they have to protect their own adc which they might as well just play a tank instead since they would also get an easier laning phase. Riven and yasuo are certainly not doing well top lane. Yasuo gets shat on by just about every matchup and riven can't kill the tanks, gets harrased by ranged champions and is about an even matchup with a lot of bruisers. Yeah maos kit is stupid. They really only had to change one thing about his kit during the rework (his w targeted root which sets up into q which sets up into e and walk away) to make him a much better champion but instead they just added more cc to his combo chain. If the majority of the currently viable laners are tanks, then its a tank meta. Shen (who btw counters a lot of bruisers due to his w, %hp q and greater map presence), Ornn, Mao, Sion, Malphite vs illaoi/fiora (who are strong because of the meta) teemo (ranged, abuses aery/also abuses tanks in lane), and who else? The meta is Tanks and their specific counters. Tanks are easier to play, but the problem is that they also offer more to a team while also getting an easier laning phase. (Tanks being forced top also opens up way more options for your team since you don't need to take a tank support or tank jungler).
: > [{quoted}](name=I am Pacman,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vOFdVMHX,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-15T06:44:13.589+0000) > > Maybe you should try playing them lol. They aren't unplayable but they sure as hell aren't easier to carry with than just playing shen/malph/maokai/ornn/sion etc. > > Illaoi is currently strong because of 2 very specific reasons. 1. Klepto exists(also free boots, everyone always overlooks this but its a free 300 gold), this allows her to get her core items much faster especially when paired with 2. She counters pretty much every other meta top laner. Tanks are great top lane and she hard counters them. She also hard counters most other bruisers so that clears that class out. Her biggest weakness ranged champions (teemo, jayce) recently got nerfs on top of the fact that they counter her less because she gets gold/items from klepto/inspiration. (the sustain from klepto/biscuts is also immense and often overlooked) > > Fiora is pretty much the same reason. Her %true damage counters tanks (the actual meta) and with klepto/inspiration she gets more gold and thus her items sooner. > > The rest of the bruisers are not doing anywhere near as well as the 2 specifically designed to counter what riot wants as meta top lane (tanks). Error in thesis part 2 (your final sentence I determined), darius counters tanks arguably harder than illaoi in some cases, and doesn't have to deal with a very weak pre 6, but he's struggling fairly hard. It's less about who can counter tanks and more about who can abuse klepto mechanics and at least deal decently against tanks
> [{quoted}](name=Tychusfindlay918,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vOFdVMHX,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-01-15T07:40:24.148+0000) > > Error in thesis part 2 (your final sentence I determined), darius counters tanks arguably harder than illaoi in some cases, and doesn't have to deal with a very weak pre 6, but he's struggling fairly hard. > > It's less about who can counter tanks and more about who can abuse klepto mechanics and at least deal decently against tanks First off darius may be on par with illaoi in the counter department (I'd argue not but he is close). Darius can't abuse klepto so he misses out on the extra gold/lane pressure from items. And while they are both at risk of being kited, Darius is certainly more prone to it and has less range to deal with it. That is why he is struggling as opposed to illaoi/fiora. He can win the lane against tanks but gains no where near the lead illaoi/fiora can with klepto on top of being easily dealt with by anyone who can just stay out of his comparatively small range. You make a point saying darius counters tanks but is struggling and then instantly answer your own question by making it clear klepto is being abused. Yes. I agree. Its a combination of all those factors that work out just right in illaoi/fiora's favor that leads to these higher pick rates and general success. Side Note: Illaoi also has counterintuitive counterplay. Most people especially in lower elos will just try and hard engage every time vs her especially when they got a gank. This is the exact opposite of what you are supposed to do and its easy to see why she just curbstomps low elo regardless of the meta.
kaironen (NA)
: I think bruisers aren't bad right now. People just assume they are bad because of how adcs are strong and bruisers can't solo carry as hard as they used to. Of course, I'm making a lot of assumptions and I can't prove it with facts. However, I do know that in general, bruisers, or fighters, currently have a higher win ratio than top lane tanks. I'm going to go on a little bit of a rant about the whole situation of boards saying bruisers are weak so just bare with me. The top 2 top laners in win ratio are tanks. I'm going to remove a lot of the top win ratios since there are some with like 0.60 pick ratio which is too low of a sample size to input them as a top top laner. Vladimir, singed, teemo, and heimerdinger are in the top 7 and they aren't bruisers but Vladimir and teemo are op. I don't know about heimerdinger right now and singed seems fine. He might be above average but I don't think he is op. Illaoi and fiora have about 51.27% win ratio with a 8.5% pick ratio approximately. This is a great sample size and it shows that illaoi is currently pretty strong and fiora is apparently strong. I honestly thought fiora had a 48% win ratio so I'm a little confused on how it's 51.26% right now. Then, you get malphite and sion at 51.20% win ratio with a 4.2% pick ratio. So fiora, a higher skill cap champion (I believe), has a higher win rate and pick ratio than 2 full tanks. Both of those tanks abuse comet so they are pretty strong right now, but this says a lot of placement of bruisers. The next highest win ratio tank has a 49.79% win ratio and 5.53% pick ratio, which is shen. My point isn't to point fingers at which champion is op, but to say that bruisers, which is honestly a huge class of champions, are relatively good to tanks. Kleptomancy could be a reason but you have to look at the statistics of the bruiser class compared to other champions to really say if they are good or not without removing the possibility of them being a high skill cap champion. Just going to say, the statistics will vary from site to site so only looking at 1 site to see if it is op or weak will make the answer weaker.
> [{quoted}](name=kaironen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vOFdVMHX,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-15T04:31:35.126+0000) > > I think bruisers aren't bad right now. People just assume they are bad because of how adcs are strong and bruisers can't solo carry as hard as they used to. Of course, I'm making a lot of assumptions and I can't prove it with facts. However, I do know that in general, bruisers, or fighters, currently have a higher win ratio than top lane tanks. > I'm going to go on a little bit of a rant about the whole situation of boards saying bruisers are weak so just bare with me. > > The top 2 top laners in win ratio are tanks. I'm going to remove a lot of the top win ratios since there are some with like 0.60 pick ratio which is too low of a sample size to input them as a top top laner. > > Vladimir, singed, teemo, and heimerdinger are in the top 7 and they aren't bruisers but Vladimir and teemo are op. I don't know about heimerdinger right now and singed seems fine. He might be above average but I don't think he is op. > > Illaoi and fiora have about 51.27% win ratio with a 8.5% pick ratio approximately. This is a great sample size and it shows that illaoi is currently pretty strong and fiora is apparently strong. I honestly thought fiora had a 48% win ratio so I'm a little confused on how it's 51.26% right now. Then, you get malphite and sion at 51.20% win ratio with a 4.2% pick ratio. So fiora, a higher skill cap champion (I believe), has a higher win rate and pick ratio than 2 full tanks. Both of those tanks abuse comet so they are pretty strong right now, but this says a lot of placement of bruisers. The next highest win ratio tank has a 49.79% win ratio and 5.53% pick ratio, which is shen. My point isn't to point fingers at which champion is op, but to say that bruisers, which is honestly a huge class of champions, are relatively good to tanks. Kleptomancy could be a reason but you have to look at the statistics of the bruiser class compared to other champions to really say if they are good or not without removing the possibility of them being a high skill cap champion. > Just going to say, the statistics will vary from site to site so only looking at 1 site to see if it is op or weak will make the answer weaker. Maybe you should try playing them lol. They aren't unplayable but they sure as hell aren't easier to carry with than just playing shen/malph/maokai/ornn/sion etc. Illaoi is currently strong because of 2 very specific reasons. 1. Klepto exists(also free boots, everyone always overlooks this but its a free 300 gold), this allows her to get her core items much faster especially when paired with 2. She counters pretty much every other meta top laner. Tanks are great top lane and she hard counters them. She also hard counters most other bruisers so that clears that class out. Her biggest weakness ranged champions (teemo, jayce) recently got nerfs on top of the fact that they counter her less because she gets gold/items from klepto/inspiration. (the sustain from klepto/biscuts is also immense and often overlooked) Fiora is pretty much the same reason. Her %true damage counters tanks (the actual meta) and with klepto/inspiration she gets more gold and thus her items sooner. The rest of the bruisers are not doing anywhere near as well as the 2 specifically designed to counter what riot wants as meta top lane (tanks).
: Playing against aatrox would increase your chance of winning just buy qualityitem{{item:3076}} TM and win every fight against him :^)
> [{quoted}](name=AwesomeGuyDj,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UAKAv6Av,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-15T06:13:33.944+0000) > > Playing against aatrox would increase your chance of winning > just buy qualityitem{{item:3076}} TM and win every fight against him > :^) You missed the point completely. Aatrox was just an example because the guy I was replying to used him. The point was there is no reason to waste bans.
iBubster (NA)
: How do you freeze a wave?
Look up videos. They can explain it/show you much easier than I can but typically its just a matter of keeping 4-5 more enemy minions alive than ally minions.
: Yup I'm Bronze and need help
Just gonna repost this from another thread where I answered a similar question. focus on 1-2 things specifically each game. * Good cs. * Warding, trinket use, pinks (ward where you and the enemy are GOING to be in the next few min) * zoning/trading in lane * wave management in lane. * What to do after lane (this one is pretty broad but it generally boils down to group as 4-5, stick together and just walk around to objectives getting them in order) * main 1-3 champions and really learn them. Every matchup, every useful item, every little small tip you can find. * know matchups (this comes with a large number of games on a specific champion) * Build items for that game instead of a set build path (and know why you are building them) * Learn how to follow the jungler/keep an eye out for him on the minimap. * If you can't see or havn't seen their team for a bit assume they are grouped and are sitting in a bush waiting for you/coming for you in that side lane. * Memorize/ping summoner spells and know who has what up. * Start remembering ulti cds and roughly when it will be back up. * Then expand that to important basic cds, yas windwall, riven q or e etc. and look for trades in those windows of opportunity. * All of these things can be looked up and actively practiced every game. You just have to think about it every game until it just becomes habit to check your minimap or automatically know you have ~10s till rivens sheild comes back, that jungler will be topside around 2:45-3:00 etc. Overall always have a reason to be doing something. If you don't know why you are doing something then stop doing it until you can justify it with research and practice. A good example happens during laning. People are constantly walking in and out of harass range when they have zero reason to be. No minions are close to dieing but people will still walk up, get harassed and then back off. You should only be taking harass if you are attempting to go for minions or are attempting to trade yourself. Why are you checking that bush? Why are you going top to clear that wave? Why are you building randuins? Are there any better items you could have built? Why are you walking forward in lane? to zone? to harass? to farm? Why are you warding now? Why that bush? Is the jungler likely to be doing his second red and is going to come and gank you? Is he doing his other buff and is half way across the map and you wasted a ward? Why are you alone? Can you reach your team right now if a fight broke out? There are a lot of things to think about in this game and you are not going to be good at all of them in the next 10-20 games. Just keep plugging away and you will start climbing eventually. Just add riven mechanics to that list of things to focus on/practice and it works for this post. Just watch some videos explaining how do do certain combos, spend like 5-10 min in training mode doing them if you got a bit of time and you should perfect them in no time.
D Rabbit (OCE)
: Midlane Maokai?
The main problem with it is that you then need to find somewhere else to get a large amount of magic damage be it something like rumble top or diana/fiddle jungle.
Show more

I am Pacman

Level 64 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion