3NRAG3 (NA)
: The revive on his ult didn't really thematically fit with his lore. He never truly dies, yet is in a constant state of decay and regrowth using the flesh of his fallen enemies. He is immortal, yet the body he wields is not. He has to constantly rend new flesh for his mortal form, lest it fall apart and he be trapped within the sword. His kit needs to stay focused more on the lifesteal to fit thematically with his lore.
If he doesn't die then why let him die? lmao
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: July 5
> Turning practice tool off, while frustrating for those who want to use it, can therefore allow more people to play at once. Or we just don't play at all. Which is what I do. > Kat R and Kled Q have a stronger form of Grievous Wounds at 60% reduction (anti sustain niche) Neat, but can you make Kat's GW 1 second instead of 3 so I can heal up after I've CC'd or killed her? If you're going to make it stronger this is a fair trade-off.
: Hi, as Kadexe said, using "Wuju Strike" as a name is a good idea to connect Wukong to Master Yi. However, one of Master Yi's abilities is already called "Alpha Strike." When comparing "Alpha Strike" to "Wuju Strike" I feel like "Wuju Strike" is the better representative of the "Wuju Style" technique than "Alpha Strike" - it feels stronger and more powerful. This isn't a problem but, in my opinion, as Wukong is Master Yi's student, this seems to show that Wukong has a stronger ability than Master Yi. "Alpha Strike" seems like a downgraded ability of "Wuju Strike" - based off of the name of the ability. That being said - it's difficult to refer to the technique of "Wuju Style" without using the term "Wuju" in the ability's name (if you're trying to link Wukong to Master Yi in the sense of "Wuju Style"). Also, some people may believe that Alpha > Wuju instead of Wuju > Alpha. Some people may not even care about the names; etc etc. Just something to consider.
> [{quoted}](name=ForeverInMyHeart,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=HhLvjhhB,comment-id=000300000002,timestamp=2019-05-21T18:55:35.337+0000) as Wukong is Master Yi's student, this seems to show that Wukong has a stronger ability than Master Yi. "Alpha Strike" seems like a downgraded ability of "Wuju Strike" - based off of the name of the ability. It really does not. Especially since "Alpha" means "First".
Meddler (NA)
: I was considering just shifting to Wuju Strike. Wanted to leave it blank for a bit to see whether stronger names again might be suggested though. I'd be pretty hesitant about shifting more of his power to his ult's CC.
I've suggested Wuju Strike in the past. Link him to Wuju style, it would be great. Wukong isn't good enough to link him to Wuju considering he's an inspiration of Sun Wukong. It doesn't make people curious. Seeing "Wuju Strike" would make people think; "Is he related to Yi?" and then they might seek their own answers.
Hatiru (EUW)
: I get you're a game designer but that doesn't mean you should behave in a passive agressive way to that guy. This is exactly what's wrong with Riot Games. No way this kind of behaviour against customers in real life would be accepted. You would be called to your boss and asked why you're acting like a child and are disrespecting the customer. Either you don't reply to it because they'll find out anyway about the changes or you post it without the "Second sentence above" part. I wonder even more now how f*cked up Riot actually is. Can't wait to be downvoted or deleted.
I mean, no. You can be passive aggressive even in customer facing jobs. I have worked many of them. Also, what he said is entirely accurate and no more or less needed to be said. How else would he word it?
: Hey Meddler, thanks again for the constant review of our feedback. After much testing with the new Kit, I find it promising and in the right path. But there's still something missing to make Wukong a better bruiser: 1) He lacks CC. we all know any bruiser in order to function properly specially in this meta , they need CC, we dont need a hard one. Lets say we need a CC that will help Wukong to activate [Aftershock] pre-level 6, or in laning trades. _Suggestion 1: _Landing the 2 ranged AAs (AA after [E] and after [W]) will mark the enemy/enemy champion, landing [Q] on them will stun/some sort of CC the enemy for small duration _Suggestion 2: _If wukong's clone AA enemy target 2 times, will mark the enemy and the next [Q] will stun the enemy for X duration. 2) The [R] has to change. The damage is too slow, possibilities for [R] changes can be: * Ticking speed has to be increased * Over-all duration of the [R] has to be decreased * Type of damage to change over-time, or add a passive to it to unlock rewards after [for example: dealing damage for more than 2 seconds, it unlocks true damage/hybrid damage/slow the enemy, etc..] 3) Most of other champions have reliable hybrid/true damage/Percentage damage I know the new passive adds "increased damage" and there is now [Magic damage on the Q], but I feel like wukong has lost a lot of damage after he lost the 30% armor shred, and since he's a AA reliant champ, he can be easily countered with Tabis. I feel the [R] could benefit from percentage/true damage since it's on a high CD so that Wukong doesnt abuse more than 2 types of damage pre-level 6. **_Edit_** Since we're trying to figure out a better name for [Q], I suggest: The top's end/ top's end/ top's peak
> [{quoted}](name=Wukong Airlines,realm=EUNE,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=HhLvjhhB,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2019-05-21T16:15:38.075+0000) > Since we're trying to figure out a better name for [Q], I suggest: POWER POLE
Rioter Comments
: Small Diana Gameplay changes coming to PBE
What do you want to do with Diana? I don't understand.
Ludovico (EUW)
: > and we decided in the end that even though we did not have the time/resources to ship with a toggle, we wanted to get finishers and spawn ceremonies into the competition. I will never understand how multi-million companies don´t have the "time/resources" for stuff like this. Just be honest and say, it wasn´t worth to Riot NOT getting the money by releasing them without the toggle feature. Like, I´m not mad for capitalism, and please do continue earning money and sustaining League - but for the love of [...] please do not say it was limited by "time/resources". The time aspect is just simple planing, and the resources one is just about money (and I do know how expensive engineers are).
Gonna go out on a limb that Engineers are on salary so they're being paid regardless so it's more about time than it is about money.
: **UPDATE: ** Disregard the original message below. Because we take photosensitive epilepsy issues extremely seriously, Trials finisher animations have been disabled. When we bring finishers back, we’ll make sure players have the option to turn them off themselves. Turning off finishers does mean that we'll have to adjust rewards for players participating in the Trials event. We're figuring out those details now and will post an update once we have one. We’re also going to investigate more deeply in the meantime to determine what problems (if any) finishers have. _____________________________________________________________ Hey folks! First, let me apologize for these effects causing issues, and for not having a toggle for them in this event. The tl;dr is: the way we are rewarding and utilizing the finishers is new for Summoner's Rift/ARAM, and as such, we didn't have the time or bandwidth to have engineers rework this so that a toggle could ship with the finishers. We chatted about it at-length and ultimately decided we would rather ship them with no toggle than not ship them because we couldn't do a toggle, but we knew there would be some level of frustration and risk with that. So again, my apologies for making League less enjoyable for you in the meantime. When and if we release them again for ARAM/SR, we should have had the time by then to build a toggle for the content type so anyone that doesn't want them on can disable them.
Your engineers often make blogs about League so I... am actually going to demand a blog about not being able to make a toggle in time for this feature, or one that could not be patched in. I'm not talking hotfixes you guys have done mini-patches before and I disagree with any notion that mini-patches are a strain on the playerbase greater than potential epilepsy cases. I doubt the reason engineers didn't have time was any more than office bureaucracy. Which I understand but is also stupid.
: if the summoner name is offensive you need to report it to Riot both, if possible, during the post game lobby and in a support ticket even if they are trying to avoid it by using clever things like; numbers, foreign letters, etc
That's literally not even on the same planet as what I am asking for.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=I am Razgriz,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=EKZEZzEf,comment-id=00120000000100000001,timestamp=2019-05-02T04:35:52.144+0000) > > AD or AP you can't stop them from fearing you or doing damage if you need to walk through them. AP just does more damage. If Shaco is top he can completely zone you out from ganking him now. There's more nuance to this than you're giving it credit for. Like I said, there's absolutely no reason to ever gank a Shaco top. It doesn't matter what champion you're playing, you WILL out-scale him if he doesn't get fed. And the #1 way to avoid him getting fed is to not fight him. So what if he's ungankable? Gank bot or mid instead; take objectives and completely ignore him, because like I said, outside of lane he's worthless. If you've ever seen clips of Pink Ward play, you'd know that Shaco top is a complete cheese pick, thiving off stupidity and misunderstanding of risk assessment. Pink Ward wins with Shaco top only because his opponents let him win. If they play aggressive into boxes like an idiot, than Shaco wins. If they do literally anything else, the game becomes a 4v5 in their favor. The way to beat Shaco top is to recognize that you have all the power and no power at the same time.
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Kongroo,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=EKZEZzEf,comment-id=001200000001000000010000,timestamp=2019-05-02T17:26:30.265+0000) > > Like I said, there's absolutely no reason to ever gank a Shaco top. It doesn't matter what champion you're playing, you WILL out-scale him if he doesn't get fed. And the #1 way to avoid him getting fed is to not fight him. So what if he's ungankable? Gank bot or mid instead; take objectives and completely ignore him, because like I said, outside of lane he's worthless. If you've ever seen clips of Pink Ward play, you'd know that Shaco top is a complete cheese pick, thiving off stupidity and misunderstanding of risk assessment. Pink Ward wins with Shaco top only because his opponents let him win. If they play aggressive into boxes like an idiot, than Shaco wins. If they do literally anything else, the game becomes a 4v5 in their favor. The way to beat Shaco top is to recognize that you have all the power and no power at the same time. The changes allow him to go support competently. He can completely block off his ADC from being ganked. Also, I'm never in favor of anything that supports either ungankability or anything that would support an argument of "just out-scale them lol" Especially since other champions on his team could scale up as well. Killing a top laner is one way to get strong in the game, especially if other lanes aren't an available avenue. Maybe you have a weak bot, for a variety of reasons, or your champ isn't good at ganking mid lane. You've cut off one win condition by existing and that's stupid.
: So just.....don't step there? Honestly, if you're playing against Shaco top, literally the only thing you have to do is NOT DIE. You don't have to win lane, you don't have to ever kill him. You just avoid dying and out-scale him, because outside of lane, Shaco top isn't a champion. If you're against jungle Shaco, then he'll be AD, and AD Shaco boxes are nothing to worry about.
AD or AP you can't stop them from fearing you or doing damage if you need to walk through them. AP just does more damage. If Shaco is top he can completely zone you out from ganking him now. There's more nuance to this than you're giving it credit for.
: So basically this is Rakan in cat form? Same passive, same Q with more effects, Yuumi W = Rakan E, need I continue?
I mean, you're wrong in every way.
: Early 9.10 Patch Discussion
> Master Yi has a history of stomping lower MMR games and being much less effective the higher on the ladder he’s played. We’re looking to see if we can make his performance not so heavily disparate by skill level. Possible avenues include increasing agency but reducing scaling, adding executional skill checks, and/or adding clearer counterplay opportunities against him. Sounds bad. All of it. Clearer counterplay makes him harder in high elo, not low elo. Low elo loses because he has a giant amount of stats and low elo people would rather run than kite (running and doing damage) and also shoot their skillshots literally anywhere and don't think about when they're firing it. Yi already has tons of executional skill checks from using Q to dodge abilities to W auto resetting and/or tanking abilities to using E when on a double strike proc and also using R as late as possible. You've actually made him hard to play for these reasons in high elo. However, in low elo none of that matters. I don't have to think about using my abilities optimally in low elo because they're so bad. Reducing his scaling hurts him more in high elo. Unless you're going to make his early game better. Which has been important in high elo for 90% of LoL's history.
: Zhonya’s CD is already longer than most assassinatin ultimates. I think the item only hard ruins AD assassins in team fights, but that’s probably intended anyways. As in, most people who build Zhonya’s will get hard destroyed by AD assassins in a side-lane, so Zhonya’s exists to they at least win team fights, right?
> [{quoted}](name=Axel S359,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=BE56qAN1,comment-id=000300020000,timestamp=2019-04-05T23:35:22.859+0000) > > Zhonya’s CD is already longer than most assassinatin ultimates. Yeah but it's not longer than opportunity cost. In fact, it's probably way shorter.
Antenora (EUW)
: > What items should we remove? > >Unhealthy items, meaning items that: > > Massively reduce or remove counterplay against a champion {{item:3147}} {{item:3124}} {{item:3161}}
I agree as a user of all 3 items. I think Rageblade has a niche as a hybrid item if it could realistically emphasize that more. Phantom Hit could exist in some way, perhaps a weaker version of LT and Rageblade's current mechanic. Spear of Shojin is my greatest disappointment in Riot outside of their implementation of Replays and Practice Tool.
: Yea * Mikael's crucible is in need of a rework. Overly ping reliant and can be made to better work for players of all skill levels * Ohmwrecker - tower disable hasn't proven to be a healthy mechanic and the item has nearly 0 users currently * Wit's end was this recently - if our 9.7 changes don't give it a more used niche it would fall in here Some opportunities that we would like to pursue with freed up space * More choice and options in lethality builds * An ap bruiser / ap melee item * All around cleanup of support items, get some more choice in there and dont force players into 5 actives in one build
I feel like you're going to make Mikael's a CC spellshield that will also cleanse if CC is applied. Or just the first thing. Also, remove Duskblade. I'm a lethality user. Remove it. It doesn't promote build diversity. It promotes "I have more stealths/unseen than you therefore I win." You still don't have a good diver item. Sterak's isn't a diver item. All melee ADs who aren't skirmishers (and sometimes them too) buy it. It's an "I'm a melee and oh God I don't want to die." item.
: I don't think the number of Prestige skins is the issue, but the individual cost. The name "Prestige" rubs ppl the wrong way because there's nothing "prestigious" about dumping lots of money into it, but that's just a name idc; the problem is that they are just skins, only high quality chromas at that. Ultimates get SO much more work and give so much more, yet cost a fraction of the price and we get less than 1 a year lmao? Ultimate is the prestigious skin tier, these are legit chromas and we're encouraging Riot to put less effort and charge more.
Idk if you know this but there are people in real life who buy expensive brand name products that are 10x or more expensive than other similar products that aren't necessarily of lesser quality just because the brand name makes them luxurious. They're simply known for being expensive and that's it. That's why that one handbag company burns their leftovers because if they threw them away homeless people could have their product and it would dilute their brand. People buy expensive things for the sake of showing off they have the money to do so.
MasterMYi (EUW)
: Hello,designer, i am a Chinese player, it is so difficult to come here and create a discussion. Although my English is not good enough like local players. However, this article is my painstaking effort, i earnestly request designer and balance team can see and think about this. I spent a lot of time to write this. This article was sent to many website in China, it had many comments and agreements in different websites in China such as bilibili, Baidu post Bar, NGA, Weibo, Zhihu and so on. Clearly, it can represent many ideas of Chinese players. The topic is "Full analysis and advice about the rework of Akail" This is the text: I am a challenger player on Akali in S6 and S7. I think new Akali is not a successful rework. Since the new version of Akali came out, it can be said that it was frequently boarded on the LOL Pro League (LPL, LCK and so on) , and general players have followed this. This champion can always appear in "TOP 10 operation show" matches in Pro league. However, in ordinary games, the win rate of Akali haven't higher than 50%, especially in mid line (always in about 45%, and lower than 40% in 9.3).The balanced team nerfed her constantly since she was reworked. Actually, her performance is not actually very showy in Pro league. However, what is the reason that she always can appear in Pro league. 1, Stability advantage on top line, in LPL, most professional player afraid solo killed in the match, once they was solo killed by other professional players, there are many news in each forum and board talking about their performance. Obviously, Akali can suppress most champions on top line, when she get a litter advantage, she can kill other champions continuously. We know Pro leagure is not same as ordinary games, the other line usually do not have the condition like our teammates get 0/5, 0/6. Therefore, this champion can make stable advantage and get continuous pressure in her line before 9.3. This is the first reason why she can appear in Pro league but has low win rate in rank. 2, is the distance between the player in rank and Pro league, this is like the conditon of Azir and Ryze. These two champions is not easy to balance. When you buff them slightly, they will dominate Pro league, however, in ordinary games and ranks, their win rates is really too low. Akali is similar to them. Why? Because the teammates in the pro league is different to ordinary games. I know there is a word "troll" in English. This behavior is much more common in Chinese server. The reworked Akali can not solo carry a game. In the Pro league match, the teammates never troll in any game. Therefore, her advantages can be brought to whole team and “operating”(in Chinese) in a game. I usually follow the forum of American server, the most views about Akali is "Frustration" on her W. It means the enemy always feel bad because of her W. She can repeat QA QA in her W, and the enemy can not counterattack, even those champions who have directive skills. This makes the experience of enemy become very bad. When they killed Akali, they also feel being played by Akali. This is "Frustration" However, is this experience to the enemy gives Akali players a good experience? My answer is "No" "Never" The reason is so easy, because Akali players can not win the game. Many American players only know about frustration, but they didn't think about the problem that Akali can not win a game. It is true that her solo kill ability and making "frustration" ability are good. However, she can not win the game even though she killed enemies many times. Why? 1, The first reason is Akali does not have a "snowball" ability which an assassin should have. This snowball is not saying about solo kill on the line, it's the ability that helping team and teammates, then go to win. I know the designer emphasize nerfing Akali's snowball ability when she was reworked. However, new Akali's snowball ability is even weaker than Leblanc, Zed. Well-known, in general rank games, Leblanc and Zed is easy to solo kill on their line, but after they killed their enemies for some times, they still can not win this game. This problem on Akali is more serious, compared with them, her skill R has one of the longest 120 cooldown in league of legend, as an assassin. She don't have a continuous fight ability in the game. After she used her R, she is too foolish to the enemy who know her skill combination. In addition, Her fighting ability is rely on her W. If she does not have W, she always can only "ob" her teammates and enemies fights. I think is not a good mechanism. In her W and QA QA, I don't think this is a good design. It decreases the explosive speed of an assassin and making "frustration" on her enemy. 2, The limited clearing minions ability. The energy cost of Akali's Q is too high, only using two times "Q", her energy will be very low. Except in the advantage condition, Akali's Q even can not kill a long-distance minion. After she cleaning the minions, she does not have any fighting ability because of no energy. Therefore, her solo "cleaning minions" ability is too weak. When she cleaning some minions, she does not have any energy to strike back if other enemy champions come. 3, is the killing speed of an assassin. She always can kill many enemies before 20 min in this game. However, it is useless, in the later game, akali always die in “unknown AOE” because she can not make killing faster. The passive skill of her has high damage, but is relative too slow in later game. This is similar to Leblanc in S7. Her passive is too slow in later game, too. To that Leblanc, i think the designer can reduce the passive time (1.5s) in later time. Maybe 1.5s in lv1, 1s in lv 9, 0.5s in lv 15. Then decrease her damage growth. I think this will be a good adjustment. However, that Leblanc is not exist. I will not talk more suggestions about her. Nevertheless, this ways is not suitable to Akali, because her passive value is not easy to change like reduce circles in later game and move speed. Overall, killing speed is really too important to an assassin in later game. It has a positive correlation to the ability of making chance. Ok, these three points is the reason why she can not win the game, even though she get lots of kills. (Maybe my expression in English is not very accurate, if you want to know more accurate about this, you can ask professional interpreter to translate my Chinese version, if this article is really useful) So, this is the most failure place i think about the rework of Akali. New Akali's skill mechanism is really not good. The biggest balance problem is her W, however, not like S6 and S7 Akali, her W decide her whole ability of fights. She only can fight with the enemies when W is not in the cooldown. In addition, why old Akali's W does not have any "Frustration", because when old Akali need to attack enemy, she always appear longer time to attack enemy. In this time, other emenies can use any methods to counter her. About your buffs on 9.4 or 9.5. I think about this for a long time, it is really not easy to buffs her. such as: reduce her Q energy cost, reduce cool down of R and adding AP suck blood. These changes might change a little bit win rate of her. But her problem is W, if W is too weak, akali will stay on the ground. If W is too strong, she will dominate Pro league and bring "Frustration". I still think old Akali is better, the biggest reason is she can win the game. Her line and solo kill ability in early game is not really good. But she can get advantage in the group fight in early game. It is true that "smurf" can bring negative experience to lower division rank players, however, this is the problem of "smurfs", not old Akali's players' problems. You should try to reduce the amount of "smurfs". In Master and Chanllager even diamond rank , old Akali is really a balanced champion. Her total win rate is always near to 50%(49%-50%) The players who really have higher skills on her can use distinctive operation to win a game. I don't want you delete this distinctive champion. Her ability is unique and interesting (at least no Frustration on enemy players) She has clear weakness and merits. Please think about adjust back to old Akali. To tell the truth, after the rework of Akali, my gaming time on LOL is decreasing about 70%. I just feel boring when i use new Akali that i can not carry this game due to the reason of "troller". I only can report them after the game and feel annoyed. However, these troll players still always exist in the rank game when i play the game. This is true "Frustration" to me. When i play old Akali, i always have feeling that i can win this game. But now, i only can win the game when my teammates have a good performance (at least not "troll"). I feel really so sad, and now, i can not achieve challenger in the first server in China. "Maybe one day she will come back along that way, but this will be decided by herself." This is your background story about Akali. When i see this, i feel lacrimal. I am waiting for the day which she can come back... that girl. Akali This article was translated by myself and the author of Chinese version is me too. Maybe my English translation is not actually good enough, if you think it make sense. Please think about this and let Chinese staffs go to that Chinese website to have a look. I really hope designer and balance team can think about the opinion of players, not only in LOL Pro league matches. Thanks for your reading! 14/02/2019 Xxxyyy MasterYyyi I tried to type this many times, just hope you can see this.
Your whole "Akali cannot win a game" applies to Nocturne as well. Riot doesn't care.
: Blitzcrank Changes Heading to PBE
I was starting to like these but I want to inform you of some things I don't. His W gives attack speed and his E is an auto reset and I feel you're hurting the flow of these things. You're basically introducing feel bad mechanics by replacing other feel bad mechanics. Can you somehow take this in to consideration?
: Champion Weaknesses in 2019
Powerful reactive defenses (big shields, invulnerability, untargetability) Very short windows of downtime (short cooldowns, spells you can hold for reactive plays while still being highly effective, ammo) Many abilities with low or no cast times Very strong waveclear or wave control Fallbacks cover weaknesses too well - for example a “weak laning phase” champion that has tools to farm perfectly from afar Mobility tools that don't have cast or target restrictions Wall crossing abilities Very high dash speeds Range advantages No early game counter matchups Flex pick ability to avoid counters (matters particularly in pro play) Nidalee ticks many of these.
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NN16QyIy,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-03-06T22:14:54.239+0000) > > Unfortunately, there's been lots of disconnects between Riot and the game they're actually working on. For instance, in some video interview or Twitch thing, Jinxylord explained that they didn't give Sinful Succulence Morgana particles because it's a 750 RP skin - he's wrong, it's a 975 skin. > > Just a few weeks ago, there was a post where Scathelocke was attempting to debate the oversaturation of gray characters in the lore and the lack of pure good or pure evil characters by pitching some claim that good and evil for the most part is completely subjective - this has some basis in philosophy, yes, but not in sociology, where society determines what is good and evil, and our society has some pretty straightforward viewpoints that we as players, are basing our understanding of things off of. If he wants to pitch the rhetorical debates about the subjectiveness of good and evil he can go teach at a college, not try to apply it to a video game narrative is extremely mediocre because of it's lack of solidly good and solidly evil characters. > > Then, there was the whole Darkin debacle in 2017 and 2018, where the origin story of the Darkin was established with Varus' lore update in late 2017, then completely rewritten early 2018 with Aatrox's update, with Scathelocke claiming that someone not on the narrative team for some reason updated Varus' lore and wrote a flavor story without their acknowledgment. > > There was also Scathelocke's acknowledgment last year that Pyke doesn't talk to Nautilus because the narrative team was going to cannibalize Nautilus' lore and give it to Pyke, and write something new for Nautilus (and thus didn't know how they should interact when the actor was doing Pyke), which is a MAJOR NO-NO in my eyes and shouldn't have even been considered in the first place. > > There have been quite a few faux pas lately with Riot and their disconnect with their players, and it's sad because they'd rather ignore what we have to say instead of building on what we can contribute to what is already there. A lot of what you've said here is alarming... they're writing the story for us... and yet it just feels like they're writing the stories for themselves. However I personally really like a lot of characters being gray. There are a lot of characters that aren't though: Tahm, Eve, Fiddle, pretty much any of the harrowing tbh, can all be considered evil. I don't think there are any pure good other than like Soraka maybe. Those are just by my standards though. Someone out there probably thinks Zoe is pure good considering she just likes having fun. It's really your opinion to make. They introduce the characters without too much bias so we can decide if we like them or not. I like that idk.
: Unfortunately, there's been lots of disconnects between Riot and the game they're actually working on. For instance, in some video interview or Twitch thing, Jinxylord explained that they didn't give Sinful Succulence Morgana particles because it's a 750 RP skin - he's wrong, it's a 975 skin. Just a few weeks ago, there was a post where Scathelocke was attempting to debate the oversaturation of gray characters in the lore and the lack of pure good or pure evil characters by pitching some claim that good and evil for the most part is completely subjective - this has some basis in philosophy, yes, but not in sociology, where society determines what is good and evil, and our society has some pretty straightforward viewpoints that we as players, are basing our understanding of things off of. If he wants to pitch the rhetorical debates about the subjectiveness of good and evil he can go teach at a college, not try to apply it to a video game narrative is extremely mediocre because of it's lack of solidly good and solidly evil characters. Then, there was the whole Darkin debacle in 2017 and 2018, where the origin story of the Darkin was established with Varus' lore update in late 2017, then completely rewritten early 2018 with Aatrox's update, with Scathelocke claiming that someone not on the narrative team for some reason updated Varus' lore and wrote a flavor story without their acknowledgment. There was also Scathelocke's acknowledgment last year that Pyke doesn't talk to Nautilus because the narrative team was going to cannibalize Nautilus' lore and give it to Pyke, and write something new for Nautilus (and thus didn't know how they should interact when the actor was doing Pyke), which is a MAJOR NO-NO in my eyes and shouldn't have even been considered in the first place. There have been quite a few faux pas lately with Riot and their disconnect with their players, and it's sad because they'd rather ignore what we have to say instead of building on what we can contribute to what is already there.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NN16QyIy,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-03-06T22:14:54.239+0000) > Just a few weeks ago, there was a post where Scathelocke was attempting to debate the oversaturation of gray characters in the lore and the lack of pure good or pure evil characters by pitching some claim that good and evil for the most part is completely subjective - this has some basis in philosophy, yes, but not in sociology, where society determines what is good and evil, and our society has some pretty straightforward viewpoints that we as players, are basing our understanding of things off of. If he wants to pitch the rhetorical debates about the subjectiveness of good and evil he can go teach at a college, not try to apply it to a video game narrative is extremely mediocre because of it's lack of solidly good and solidly evil characters. I strongly disagree with you here. Everything else is fine. I don't see a need for a character that is simply "good or evil" by our standards because that means nothing. Good really is subjective. I can consider my friend a good person but he can flame someone online and then those people can consider him bad. That's a very light example. Islamists who blow people up see themselves as good, those in their culture see them as good. They are killing the heretics. Everyone else views them as evil. Creating gray characters isn't necessarily what they're doing. They're creating a lot of characters where you can decide how you feel about them. Some people view Talon as Evil. I see him as Neutral leaning on Good. He doesn't kill in cold blood, it's just his job and he's good at it. Outside of his job he's only done it in defense. In the same vein people view Noxus as evil and I can personally justify Noxus as Neutral. Some see Demacia as good, I can justify them as Evil. Good and Evil are honestly a manmade construct. Some may not even agree with you or the interviewer the characters are grey. They might see some as objectively good or evil. Honestly what is this talk of anyway? We definitely have some really "good" characters by our societal standards. Can you tell me with a straight face characters like Ekko or Ezreal aren't good people? Or how Shaco or Evelynn aren't Evil?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 6
Hi, could you take a look at Jungle Nocturne? You guys give champions love taps sometimes and he needs a love tap. Mid is doing fine right now and isn't played often, still primarily played in the Jungle so I'm just looking for Jungle stuff. I think buffing his Q by 5 AD and then lowering his base AD by 5 was a net nerf, not buff and was a little unfair. I gave it some thought and I was considering stuff as simple as Monster damage or even Monster DR but I think making Large Monsters leave Q trails would be enough and be the smallest change as well as a little QoL change. I have over 920k mastery points on Nocturne and run the Nocturnemains subreddit so I feel like this is a reasonable addition to his kit that won't make him too strong.
Alkaîd (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BlazinCannon543,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=Vpg853UW,comment-id=0002000100040001,timestamp=2019-02-22T19:18:29.056+0000) > > No flame, but she has had straight buffs for awhile now, so I think it is time to tone her down a bit. You are as bad as mkwstar. Her q "buff" with 5 damage was given to a lot of bruisers/tops in some form when runes reforged was brought in to account for runes we used to take. Same thing applies to her ult "buff" because she used to take scaling CDR per level runes so they adjusted a lot of peoples skills who also took CDR per level. Her Q change that rito called a buff, where they normalized fast Q to make it easier for people with higher pings to use it. Was a nerf by 30dps to people of all pings because it's slower. Please actually read her change log. She has literally had nothing but nerfs for 95% of her existence.
I'm commenting because I like your username. Best girl. I'm actually playing through it right now. Halfway through Vol 2.
Riot Jag (NA)
: -The fact that you can stealth semi-permanently is huge. All I can say is, try to play with it and see if you still have that feedback. -Open to the idea of Camo range shrinking, think it's pretty interesting. -Longer vision range is an interesting idea for sure. I'm going to consider that one.
> -The fact that you can stealth semi-permanently is huge. He can do that now, except you made it worse. I know you're thinking he can go brush to brush with that though it's a bit difficult with the self-slow, but there aren't a ton of instances where that's applicable. Furthermore, brushes are quite small, anyone walking in would see him.
: **Dont nerf the mushrooms** I don’t even play Teemo but I think a large part of playing him IS destroying squishier across the map. The whole mushroom fantasy is what makes him so attractive and seeing people get destroyed by them is so satisfying Take power elsewhere but not the mushrooms
At least his AP ratio should go up, not down. Since AP Teemo playstyle is centered around mushroom procs whereas AS Teemo it's not. Lowering the base while increasing the ratio keeps AP Teemo around while making sure shrooms aren't oppressive even for an AS Teemo.
: > Placing him next to Kled, Trist and other recently released yordles just feel so bad. Hell, placing him next to his own legendary skin feels bad.
What did you expect? It's a skin, and a legendary one at that. Look at Nocturne's base compared to his Legendary.
Whydew (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DartExplosion10,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=fOgfco8Y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-22T18:33:27.157+0000) > > I don’t know how I feel about taking away Teemo’s invisibility completely, what about maybe giving him invisibility in brush but camouflage while out of brush? I agree but I'd take it a step farther, just let him have real invis the whole time. Why is Akali allowed to have 6 dashes and have true invis but the less mobile Teemo (who mostly has a better winrate because of the fact hes easier to play) can't have real invis? What? No sustain built into his kit, no waveclear pre 6, Give the man some real invis and I'm telling you with 1000% certainty he wont be better than Sion or Urgot or Aatrox even after their nerfs.
We don't need more mobile invis a la Kha and Vayne. The idea is fine.
Riot Jag (NA)
: Teemo changes temporarily on PBE for early feedback
So, mostly good. I dislike taking away his invisibility though. First of all we already have a TON of camouflage and invisibility skills where you can move freely. It's an [over]explored space. Teemo's invisibility actually feels interesting and balanced vs the other invisibility's we have. Sentimentally or even pragmatically, it's been great to watch Teemo brush outplays using his current invisibility. His current invisibility mechanic makes him more unique. Furthermore I want to say I've been playing Teemo Jungle a lot. It's fun and it works just as much as anything and if I am being honest, I believe Teemo Jungle is the way he should be played. Not Top Lane. Works with his Lore too. The Camoflage mechanic will completely ruin that. What you are is an offensive Jungler. You go in to their Jungle, shroom it up and either get some of their cs or wait for them and kill them. Usually taking shroom steps as the catalyst to start a fight. It makes you feel really smart and it's fun because of it. Everything about your changes is fine for Jungle Teemo except the Camo change. The self-slow is also very weird. I mean it's already a carbon copy of Twitch Q without so maybe you're trying to make it #unique and take power out to leave it elsewhere but Teemo doesn't have near the devastating power Twitch does from Stealth anyway. I'm an advocate for removing pure passives from the QWER abilities so I'm really happy about that but I also don't want Teemo to lose his invisibility for it. I hate, HATE Kha'Zix and Vayne invisibility but Teemo's doesn't seem unfair so it would be a shame to lose it.
: This is pretty great (you know, except the taxes). I think the content systems could use a "try before you buy" though. You know, all skins/champs unlocked in Training mode?
The 1 week grace period ends up being effectively that at least.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 15
> That would involve giving it charges that get consumed whenever she deals damage that reduce her Mantra CD by a much larger amount than at present. Goal would be to allow spikier, clearer successes, rather than the more sustained Mantra tick down as at present. Curious how that sounds to those of you who play Karma? Okay my ultimate question to you is; Does it read well? It's a question you should ask yourself for every ability in League and you definitely do not, or at least realize something doesn't read well and don't care that it doesn't. You really need to make sure the enemy can parse the things that are occurring on screen so they can make decisions about what is going on. This is nothing but good, because it will extend to people spectating the game either in personal or formal format. That is, replays and E-Sports. It also fosters understanding of how champions work. To your credit and I love it, you've been doing better at it but you have a LOOONG way to go and it what good you've done won't mean anything if you later reintroduce the problem. A recent example of good is the change to Teemo's E and Q particles. Which I'm not even sure are live right now but I saw the work on them and I really liked it. The work being done on Kennen is in a similar vein. Please, please keep this in mind as you move forward.
Meddler (NA)
: We're testing the healing there because we want to offer power in longer fights without pushing more damage into it. Stripping off the healing means we either just leave it weak so you simply shouldn't take it or buff the AD/AP and/or true damage conversion.
J Eevo (EUNE)
: Can I also just mention one thing that I noticed that I wanted to bring to your attention? The design team underutilizes silence and overuses the hell out of knockups. Especially evident with knockups as most new champions seem to have one which is especially annoying because you can't counteract them with tenacity/qss (lack of counterplay), and silence gets rarely used, which is sad as it's the one source of CC that still allows the target to dodge skillshots and kite. I do like the grounded and disarm effect, hope to see more of those in the future, but why not use silence too?
Silence has often been found to be problematic which is why they removed it from 3 champions.
: Champion Weaknesses in 2019
> Darius is really scary in melee range but he still remains kiteable by most ranged champions This is and IS NOT a good example. Darius is a good example but your listed reason is shit. It applies to a lot of Juggernauts. Nasus, for example. No, Darius is a good Juggernaut and you wanna know why? Because I have options in melee range. I have a strong distaste personally for champions that are unbeatable in melee range except by other champions unbeatable in melee range so it comes down to whose dick is bigger. Know why I like fighting Darius? His goddamn Q. I can dodge it. I can move away from it or I can move *in* it. This gives range and melee characters options. Illaoi is almost the same since you have the option to sidestep her Q as well. And she needs to hit her E (which isn't that hard unfortunately) to do massive damage. Please, if you're going to make more juggernauts or change juggernauts, keep these two in mind. And do it better. While I'm here and we're talking about champions that need definable weaknesses, fuck Tryndamere, Garen, and Kha'Zix.
LoneLyon (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Alim Thedas,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=AnObL88Z,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-02-01T02:29:21.087+0000) > > I see that any feedback that isn't completely positive is unwanted got it thought police thanks for clearing that up lol `Your post is irrelevant to the topic at hand and adds nothing of value. Your post is also misinformed and assumes no one ever gets banned for trolling, which people do on the regular.
It is, at the very least, tangentially related if not more so. It can't really be misinformed because he's speaking from experience on the inability to enact anything against a troll. A troll being banned way after the fact is what is irrelevant to his post. They are (switching to gender neutral pronouns, whoops :x) looking for a solution for dealing with trolls as they happen, because trolls being punished later doesn't help them when they get matched up. They lose dodge LP or lose the game and have a bad time (mental state). Along with the feeling of inability to do anything about it, this further hampers your mental state.
: > [{quoted}](name=Red Fr0st,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=AnObL88Z,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-01T00:39:27.828+0000) > > It's just a game, why you have to be mad Define mad. 0 anger in my above post just criticisms that are well deserved I believe.
Huh, for once. I agree with the downvoted guy. Nothing you said was egregious or even *mean*. I don't know why people are butthurt over your comment.
: What about this issue: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/hAg2X9qZ-you-lose-full-lp-on-all-roles-when-you-dodge-ie-you-lose-more-lp-for-dodging-than-for-losing Copy/pasted below: You lose full LP on ALL ROLES when you dodge. ie: You lose more LP for dodging than for losing. These scenarios will be assuming you already dodged at least once, and are receiving the -10 LP penalty (which resets to -3 LP after 16 hours of no dodging). Scenario 1: I get my secondary or autofilled role. I either don't want to play it because it's boring, or because I suck at it, or because I have trolls in champ select, etc.... Here are my options: A) Play out the game, risk losing, and lose 3 LP from my main role and lose 20 LP from my secondary role. I also have the chance of actually winning, and gaining 3 LP on my main role. B) Dodge, and lose 10 LP from all roles, including my main role. What do you think I'm going to do? Scenario 2: I actually care about climbing on all my roles, but I get my main role 90% of the time. I dodge a lot on my main role, because my preferred champions are high pick/ban and I don't want my team to suffer through me playing a champion I'm not good at (and also trolls and stuff happens as well). I have played my main role 10 games in a row, and have dodged 5 times in that time period because of picks/bans/trolls (I have been assigned my role 15 times, dodged 5 of them, and played 10 of them out). Because I am consistently winning, I am still climbing on my main role despite the dodging. For game 11, I finally get assigned a different role. I now have 3 options: A) Dodge, and lose 10 LP on all roles. B) Play it out and try really hard to win.... And this role is at negative 50 LP because I dodged 5 times, so I will win and still be far into the negative. C) This role is going to be **_permanently_** in the negative LP, why should I care about tryharding at all? Just play it out and whatever happens, happens. So.... Good job on your new ranked system I guess? This encourages intentional griefing (not caring/giving up) as well as unintentional griefing (people who would normally dodge and eat the LP loss.... Are not encouraged to change their behavior and just play it out even when it is highly likely they won't win). You shouldn't lose LP on unassigned roles when you dodge. It's as simply as that. And the system is going to be garbage until this is fixed lol. Bonus points: you can't even check your LP on your secondary roles until after a game, because your profile only shows your main role's LP. So a lot of people aren't going to notice for a couple weeks, but then when they do, they're going to troll **_HARD._** https://i.imgur.com/iAtH0Yy.png[] EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that the "ranked" tab in your profile now shows your roles and LP instead of simply showing you your position on some obscure ladder like it used to. So you can actually test this easily yourself by dodging once and checking your profile (just note that if you normally don't dodge, you will lose 3 LP from all roles instead of 10).
That's a lot of dodging. Dodging 33-50% of games? I don't get many trolls these days, they still happen yeah but it's like 1-2% of the time. It's true I don't dodge as often as I should looking at team comps but if I *really* pushed it maybe 15-20% of the time which I think is still a lot. I have to admit I don't dodge at all right now. I should at least dodge 5% of the time. 30%+ seems ridiculous to me.
: Visual Effect Updates: Kennen, Olaf, Wukong and Riven
These are all pretty good. Only one seems to draw issue. Blood Moon Kennen's auto attack and Q aren't different enough. They legit look the same to me. Only reason I could tell them apart was because your player fired them freely away from enemies. It's not like Base Kennen where it was easy to tell because they have completely different colors. Perhaps make BM Kennen's BA Shuriken stark white and his Q Blood Red. Should be easy to tell then. Those are BM colors too, so I didn't request a wrecking of the color thematic.
Meddler (NA)
: Blitz is still a potential candidate for an Ezreal style update. Nothing committed to beyond that though at present. Nexus Blitz play rate dropped off real hard once the missions for it ended. We're assessing what to do as a result, had been hoping its baseline appeal would stay higher. Overall it dropped down to a pretty similar play rate to its first run.
You need to remove wolf explosion and have Jungle items share damage on it's users when both are engaging a jungle champion. Feels like hot garbage tanking Jungle camps as a melee for a ranged champion who also doesn't clear it quickly.
Meddler (NA)
: Some concern from people it's an overly effective and safe pick. Probably backing away from the nerf though, don't think they're causing that much of a problem overall and high usage rate partly just reflects other choices in that tree being niche or less appealing.
> high usage rate partly just reflects other choices in that tree being niche or less appealing. Nailed it.
Meddler (NA)
: We'll be hitting some problematic level 2 junglers. Best example right now is Camille losing the ability to stun non champs with E. Need to assess state of 9.2 changes in general before talking junglers generally, especially if like Shyv they had champion specific changes in 9.2 as well. Passive should work on Elder Dragons (pretty sure it always did, if you've got a case in game where it's not gimme a yell).
> Passive should work on Elder Dragons (pretty sure it always did, if you've got a case in game where it's not gimme a yell). I think they were referring to a stronger/new effect when Elder is taken.
Meddler (NA)
: At this point after a lot of testing, yeah, we don't think Shojin's niche was working well enough. Too overlapped with a ranged of other AD+defense (HP or other) items and not particularly bound to light fighters either. Might revisit the space sometime, but no immediate plans, hence repurposing the name and icon for this work instead.
I count the 3rd time you give Divers the big dicking. Do I hear a 4th?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 25
> (using the name and icon of Spear of Shojin, the original design of which we concluded was too overlapped with other items, Sterak’s especially). It's really not. It gives CDR and it gives better damage for low base AD champions like Nocturne. In terms of defensive output Sterak's requires you build more health which isn't always viable on divers while Spear only required you build more damage and stick around. It was literally the perfect diving item. Sterak's really isn't. (Edit: Also, SoS was better vs dps than Sterak's is, which is good vs burst) There is a healthy host of champions called divers that scale sub-optimally with health and more with damage and are designed to, well, dive. Gargoyle's stoneplate was a great item in the right direction. It doesn't work with a lot of divers because they live and die by their ability to do damage, but like I said, right direction. You really had it with SoS and I'm genuinely disappointed in Riot for dropping it. I've been waiting excited, but patient, since it's unveiling. I tested it during NB and found it fun and effective to play with. I did not get the same from Sterak's. You literally had lightning in the palms of your hands and decided that you didn't want to harness it because you already had fire. Wukong, Diving rengars, Nocturne, teamfighting Yi's, Jax, Vi before her previewed rework (also known as Live Vi), Jarvan (he does acceptably with defense builds and full "assassin" builds but there's space for a diver build like he used to be), Kled, Renekton, REK'SAI, Red Kayn, and Hecarim would all love this item and bring them in to viability. Especially Wukong, Nocturne, and Hecarim. I suppose also Rek'Sai. In ways they were meant to. Hecarim became a Predator bot. Wow, so engage, much interesting. Where has Rek'Sai been for ages? Nocturne literally can't do his job so you had to pigeonhole him (after changing his class twice) back in to Assassin (notably leaving him out of Assassin rework) because he can't synergize with any diving items. But he's not an Assassin since he has no in-fight mobility, escape plan, or high damage abilities - scaling or base. He doesn't have true damage or %hp damage either. He's an auto attacker as a melee and since he doesn't hyper scale, he's a goddamn diver. He uses Duskblade as cheese like Jarvan does because he's not viable in any other way.
: **Phantom Dancer ** * Still hate this proposed change. Make spectral waltz work on ADCs by increasing it's radius. Leave Lament as it is. If the range on the MS is abused by melee hypercarries (lookin at you yasuo) then make the radius scale with attack range, or be locked at melee=550 ranged equal=650/700? * Introduce a fifth zeal item if you want a defensive crit item. **Kirchei's Shard** * 600g price point still makes this a pretty shit item. I'd almost always take double dagger over it. Exception being I only have 1 item slot. With only 15% attack speed the passive simply does not make up for the stats. **RFC/Statikk** * Exchanging 5% crit for 2% movement speed is reducing the gold value in most cases. On ADCs with 325 ms, 2% is an increase of 6.5 (or 7.4 with t2 boots). If you feel those two are overtuned thats another matter. Otherwise its just shaving of ~110-120 gold efficiency. * I agree with only giving 25% crit chance, but maybe a bit more value elsewhere? Unless, as I mentioned, you want them to be a tad weaker. **Hurricane** * Just straight loses 200g in stats? No compensation? Do you honestly think it's out of line with the others that it shouldn't get something back? **ER** * Love it. **Spear of Shojin** * I'm curious to hear a Red's thoughts on the passive it has in Nexus Blitz. Were you not satisfied with it, so you gave it Essence Flare? Or do you think Shojin's passive has potential but you aren't ready to add it yet? * This is going to be even better for the current ER abusers (looking at you Renekton), but I'm not sure what ADCs will love it. Most that were buying it liked the mana refund, and considered Essence Flare passable (its not the most efficient combo for Lucian; Varus fared better using it in teamfights to get additional spell cycles). Separating those two, I'm not sure who still wants it. If its intended for ADCs at all... **IE** * Nothing special. Not really sure how this will land. * Slightly cheaper, 25% less amp and 5 more AD than old version - I feel like this just puts us back to the old crit issues. **LW** * Huge buff to LW's gold value. Now it actually feels like getting it has some value relative to its upgrades
I don't think Essence Flare is supposed to be for ADCs anymore. Which is fine, they introduced something and now understand it better thanks to the community. I'm not okay with losing Dragon heart though. Riot has been fucking Divers over for 3 years now.
: Are there still plans to have Storm Razor changed up?
If they give it the Lament passive they're taking away from PD (including the bonus MS) I'll be happy. Or, less possible but still, give it Essence Flare or Dragon Heart that they're taking away from Spear of Shojin. We really need Dragon Heart for divers.
Kadexe (NA)
: That's fine. There should be a sacrifice in damage for defensive utility.
Wdym? It had defensive utility before already.
Show more

I am Razgriz

Level 142 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion