: That's part of why most aram players agree that IF we can't have bans back, to make ALL CHAMPS AVAILABLE. Then we get less of a the "lose by default because champ select" games. And making random bans would honestly make people dodge even more. 10(?) shit champs got banned by random? 9 times out of 10 someone is going to dodge because it didn't even help in any way. And if they just do it by, "oh this champ has high winrate, ban from aram for 2 weeks" then that doesn't even fix anything. Half the problem/annoying champs got unneeded damage buffs. Or they have a spell that makes the game completely unfun. That's what makes them annoying. Not because they have a high ass winrate. If I don't want to go against a Fiddle, it's not because he has a high winrate. It's because I'd like to not be silenced every 5 seconds for a game. Also, you can't have variety when the "variety" depends on what champions the player has. And as someone who has all champs unlocked, I rarely get most of them. Not much variety there. Adding bans isn't going to change variety. Maybe it was just me, but I saw less dodging when bans were a thing, compared to now and before bans. The time for aram champ select is honestly long enough to take 5-10 seconds of it and make it a ban phase without adding more time. We don't pick champs unless we're picking them from the pool, so there honestly isn't a reason to make the champ select time even longer like they did. Your time gets wasted as is when people dodge 5 times in a row. I've had up to 8 dodges in a row before finally getting into a game. I also get people dodging because someone has one of those annoying/op aram champs and refuses to trade. It still wastes my time. Adding a ban phase and people dodging over it isn't going to waste any more or any less time.
> [{quoted}](name=Icy Hot Shoto,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J8g6y7fO,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2019-08-02T21:50:34.105+0000) > > That's part of why most aram players agree that IF we can't have bans back, to make ALL CHAMPS AVAILABLE. Then we get less of a the "lose by default because champ select" games. I'm fine with that, but not as a conditional. I don't believe player-picked bans are a good route regardless. > And making random bans would honestly make people dodge even more. 10(?) shit champs got banned by random? 9 times out of 10 someone is going to dodge because it didn't even help in any way. And if they just do it by, "oh this champ has high winrate, ban from aram for 2 weeks" then that doesn't even fix anything. Half the problem/annoying champs got unneeded damage buffs. Or they have a spell that makes the game completely unfun. That's what makes them annoying. Not because they have a high ass winrate. If I don't want to go against a Fiddle, it's not because he has a high winrate. It's because I'd like to not be silenced every 5 seconds for a game. Annoying champs have their place in ARAM. As much as I hate getting CC locked, it'd kill the satisfaction I get from the games where I manage to overcome that obstacle. Getting frustrated here and there just makes winning more fun. Having no frustration ever feels like playing bots. > Also, you can't have variety when the "variety" depends on what champions the player has. And as someone who has all champs unlocked, I rarely get most of them. Not much variety there. Adding bans isn't going to change variety. I disagree here, because there's already a slightly larger forced free rotation for ARAM than before (which is a fractional step toward unlocking all champs). People with severely small pools are unlikely to gain zero champs from those 3 rotation cycles. The lack of variety is based on multiple factors, including QoL features that most people like: champion rerolls/trading and the bench. There's *almost* always a strong/viable champ available if you don't like your first or second pick. Even if the RNG had forced normalization (wouldn't think that it does, as being initially placed on the same champ 3-5x in a row isn't uncommon... probably a poorly-determined seed in their RNG) to offer champs that hadn't been played as much, the availability of other champs would override that. > Maybe it was just me, but I saw less dodging when bans were a thing, compared to now and before bans. It's anecdotal bias confirmation. When they added bans, I experienced requeuing after champ select on a repeated basis because random people would dodge. My friends noticed the same. Without Riot's metrics, all of us are speculating based on insufficient samples and our own expectations. There are people who dodge because they can't play the champ they want. There are people who dodge because they don't want to play against a champion. We don't get a brief glimpse of the enemy team during champ select anymore, so people can't dodge to avoid the enemy picks. > The time for aram champ select is honestly long enough to take 5-10 seconds of it and make it a ban phase without adding more time. We don't pick champs unless we're picking them from the pool, so there honestly isn't a reason to make the champ select time even longer like they did. Again, anecdotally, chopping off the timer would be a problem. Since we're not going into champ select with a small pool of intended champs to pick like we do in draft mode, a lot of players don't have the runes they want immediately available. I play a lot of games where people end up with the wrong runes because they didn't have enough time to set up their runes after trades. It's not even a matter of experience. I play ARAM daily with Diamond and Plat ranked players and we still frequently have games where we're stuck with runes we didn't want. > Your time gets wasted as is when people dodge 5 times in a row. I've had up to 8 dodges in a row before finally getting into a game. I also get people dodging because someone has one of those annoying/op aram champs and refuses to trade. It still wastes my time. Adding a ban phase and people dodging over it isn't going to waste any more or any less time. More dodges = more time. I played far fewer games during the ARAM ban period just due to the time it took to start games. Considering that Riot removed the option and hasn't reinstated it yet, it's possible that their metrics show fewer successful game starts. Again, I'm just speculating and they may have had a completely different reason, but I hated the ban experience.
: Since you want an aram players opinion... I hate some of the balance changes, love some of the others. What I like: Relic. I like that now someone can't be a dick at full health and take it and you're fucked. Yes, sometimes shit still happens and either someone accidentally paths over it, or we forget to ping we're going for it, And yes their are still those assholes, but at least even if someone is full health and takes it, those without a lot of health still have a chance to get it. Melee champs are no longer screwed right off the bat due to poke. Yes, it's still a pain in the ass and always will be, but at least they have a slim chance to actually be useful at the start which lets them be useful later on. What I don't like: Their damage "shield"(Not sure what else to call it). Not the way it is. Why? Simple. Go against any champ who has a skill that can proc it, and watch as it either doesn't even proc or blocks literally nothing. I've seen many a Kai'Sa w chunk people even when it procs. Partly because it only blocks 15% of damage, but also because Kai'Sa got a +12% damage _buff_. Champions with high damage being buffed. Kai'Sa is one of them. LeBlanc has a +12% buff, Katarina has a +5% buff, Kha'Zix has a +8% buff, Zoe has a +5% buff... honestly a lot of champions with a damage buff didn't need their damage buffed. The removal of bans. Go ahead, tell me bans were stupid. Honestly? Those of you complaining over them being a thing were the ones who didn't like you couldn't play Lux, or Fiddle, or Veigar. I was a Sona main, and I LOVE playing her in aram. I currently main Janna and Soraka. Those were 3 of the supports I saw banned often. And you know what? I'd rather never play any of them in aram again, if it meant we could get rid of the annoying shit such as Kai'Sa, LeBlanc, Fiddle, Pyke, and Veigar. They didn't always get banned because they were strong, they got banned because they were annoying. Damage taken buffs... Yes, lets make squishies take even more damage. Thanks Riot. So my take? No, most of the balance changes are bad. Certain champs need damage nerfs, not buffs, while others need to take less damage, not more. They also need to either bring back bans or make all champions available if they don't want to bring back bans. I've seen many aram-only players agree, we'd take ALL champions being unlocked if they don't want to add bans back.
> [{quoted}](name=Icy Hot Shoto,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J8g6y7fO,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-01T05:10:19.431+0000) > > The removal of bans. Go ahead, tell me bans were stupid. Honestly? Those of you complaining over them being a thing were the ones who didn't like you couldn't play Lux, or Fiddle, or Veigar. I was a Sona main, and I LOVE playing her in aram. I currently main Janna and Soraka. Those were 3 of the supports I saw banned often. And you know what? I'd rather never play any of them in aram again, if it meant we could get rid of the annoying shit such as Kai'Sa, LeBlanc, Fiddle, Pyke, and Veigar. They didn't always get banned because they were strong, they got banned because they were annoying. As an ARAM player (over 9k games on my account), I'm vehemently against bans. It goes against the spirit of the game mode. Sure, dominating with an unfair advantage can be fun. On the flipside, the risk of having to play against the champs you loathe the most is part of it. It's not supposed to be, "I'll play a random champion into any random champion... oh, but not X, Y, or Z because I hate them." It feels too cherry picked. I'm also of the opinion that the best way to get over a rough matchup is to play through it enough that you can adapt in response to the known threat. Banning it every time means you never improve against it and potentially get worse due to being out of practice against it. People tend to think that I have that opinion just so I can play broken champs on ARAM, but I don't even own many of the ones people associate with "ARAM accounts." I've literally played Ziggs once in 6 years because I got stuck with him in ARURF (which obviously isn't ARAM). I trade/roll him every time in ARAM. Zyra? Heimerdinger? Don't own them. Kog? Sivir? Varus? Ezreal? Nope. Illaoi? Uh uh. Do I have some of the god tier ARAM champs? Sure, mostly from unlocking them to play as supports on Summoner's Rift. Sona and Fiddlesticks were among my first, before I was even high enough level to play ARAM. If Riot were to move forward with bans as a permanent feature for ARAM, I'd prefer that to not be in the players' hands. In keeping with the spirit of variety, rather than allowing players to permaban specific champions, they should dynamically ban champions every patch. They have the play and win rate data for every champion in every game type. It's as simple as banning the 10 most dominant champions in ARAM from the previous patch for the entire current patch. Everyone gets a reprieve from the unbearable tier of champions, and the next patch changes up which ones are available/disabled. Nobody gets permanently denied their champions, and people who previously only tunneled on the OP champs have to learn new champions and strategies to abuse. People dodge enough as it is. I don't want them to add a longer duration to champ select to shoehorn player bans. That just means when people inevitably dodge because their favorite champs get banned, I've had even more of my time wasted.
: Healing on font of life and stats don't match
It's not just Font of Life. Other runes often show higher output than the totaled stats.
: You may be correct, but I've not seen anywhere that says that this rune follows those rules. Not that it changes the fact that the rune is still really good and you can easily get 1500 healing from it in a game that lasts <30min
> [{quoted}](name=BigBrainSuppMain,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3jtARQsA,comment-id=00010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-01T15:24:25.975+0000) > > You may be correct, but I've not seen anywhere that says that this rune follows those rules. Not that it changes the fact that the rune is still really good and you can easily get 1500 healing from it in a game that lasts <30min While the wiki/fandom page isn't always 100% accurate (really wish Riot's own gameinfo section was curated more meticulously), it does state that the rune behaves like the old Stoneborn Pact mastery. That one has an explicit explanation on Reddit from a Rioter which mentions the immediate on-hit 40% stacking but only a refresh of the HoT portion. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/5vzrb6/224_pbe_update/de6hxml/ (image is a link in case that's unclear... board parser is forcing an image instead of the raw URL) The post calls it Bond of Stone because that was the mastery that was replaced by Stoneborn Pact, but BoS was a completely different effect with no healing.
: https://prnt.sc/omuzjy 27 min game as Rammus supp 1,333 healing (My only recent font game) What do you mean by "The healing doesn't stack"? Whoever basic attacks in the 4sec gets the heal excluding you, your ad can absolutely proc it multiple times and get multiple amounts of the heal
> [{quoted}](name=BigBrainSuppMain,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3jtARQsA,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-08-01T08:24:10.463+0000) > > What do you mean by "The healing doesn't stack"? Whoever basic attacks in the 4sec gets the heal excluding you, your ad can absolutely proc it multiple times and get multiple amounts of the heal It's a Heal over Time, which is treated similarly to Damage over Time. Multiple instances of the same HoT or DoT don't stack; they refresh the duration (this is why clustered Maokai saplings or Teemo shrooms don't do ridiculous amounts of damage when popped at the same time). [Font of Life's healing ticks are:](https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Font_of_Life) * 40% immediately on-hit * 15% 0.1s after latest AA * 15% 0.65s after latest AA * 15% 1.2s after latest AA * 15% 1.75s after latest AA (I specify "latest" because each subsequent AA cancels the currently active effect and replaces it with a new one) Let's use a Stoneplate Cho'Gath as our Font of Life user to get a clean number for math purposes: HP: 9500 Font of Life's full single proc: 5 + 95 = 100HP If an ADC has 2AS and lands 3 AAs: * 1st AA: 40% of 100 = 40HP * 0.1s after 1st AA: 15% of 100 = 15HP * 2nd AA (0.5s after 1st AA): 40% of 100 = 40HP * 0.1s after 2nd AA: 15% of 100 = 15HP * 3rd AA (0.5s after 2nd AA): 40% of 100 = 40HP * 0.1s after 3rd AA: 15% of 100 = 15HP * 0.65s after 3rd AA: 15% of 100 = 15HP * 1.2s after 3rd AA: 15% of 100 = 15HP * 1.75s after 3rd AA: 15% of 100 = 15HP That's a total of 210HP. Were they to fully stack, that would be 300HP.
Rowmo (NA)
: We need better honor rewards
TBH, the most notable high honor reward isn't the visible stuff like skins or wards. It's the near-daily key frags at H5. Definitely underwhelming, even though they're useful.
: Received a notification that my account has been accessed through another computer
> [{quoted}](name=IncrediPhiLL,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EmI4dEcE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-24T16:43:25.819+0000) > > I've only logged int LOL on my home computer and my laptop, but I haven't swapped between the two for a couple of days and I have never gotten the notification before. Where do you go online with your laptop? If it's from your home network, that should display the same public IP address externally for both of them. If you roam between multiple networks, that could trigger a "new location" warning (I get that on my tablet for my Google accounts). Another possibility is your ISP changing your public IP address. IPv6 doesn't require it, but IPv4 is still very much alive and public IP address changes can occur from time to time. Other than normal renewal through DHCP, sometimes your entire network segment can change if your ISP performs maintenance/infrastructure upgrades. This in particular causes immediate alerts to pop up for my Google accounts every time. Devs technically could avoid *some* of this by using hardware addresses or unique identifiers in individual installation instances, but people love privacy and that sort of thing makes some people uncomfortable. MAC addresses are also easily changed/spoofed, so that's not even an infallible option. Whatever the case, even if you're sure you're secure on your end, contact Riot to confirm it's legit. Don't do it via a reply to the notification, but open a new support ticket here: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us *Edit: Just now noticed this was posted over a week ago. I guess this board's activity has slowed from its old pace, because this was still near the top in the Hot sort.*
Arthem69 (NA)
: Project skins will cause the game to crash for seven specific champions.
> [{quoted}](name=Arthem69,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yznlixEK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-31T10:02:48.388+0000) > > Project skins will cause the game to crash for seven specific champions. Plot twist: {{champion:22}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:157}}
PotPye (NA)
: I'm EST so I'd say the skins would be available around 3pm or 4pm for me.
> [{quoted}](name=PotPye,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=8gncQGcE,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-01T10:36:19.990+0000) > > I'm EST so I'd say the skins would be available around 3pm or 4pm for me. You know what, I'm an idiot. I should've noticed the simplified "5 hours ago" timestamp and realized you were only an hour east of me. Instead I looked at the explicit timestamp and let that muddle my interpretation. But yeah, early-mid afternoon is normal release time for us.
PotPye (NA)
: They said August 1 but I'm not sure what time they mean for it exactly. Cuz its 12:15am rn for me and no skins have been released
> [{quoted}](name=PotPye,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=8gncQGcE,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-08-01T04:15:00.658+0000) > > They said August 1 but I'm not sure what time they mean for it exactly. Cuz its 12:15am rn for me and no skins have been released They don't usually start things at midnight. That's typically the end of an event or loot availability. Events tend to start and loot becomes available around midday Pacific Time. That's 12 Noon or 1pm Pacific, which is 7 or 8pm UTC (which I think is either your time zone or one hour off?).
: Retire the "Play X Games to Round 20" Missions
Agreed. I posted a complaint about this a few days ago but it got downvoted almost immediately (quickly enough that the downvoter(s) didn't even read it). > [{quoted}](name=Ice Weasel X,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=ygwPAqTB,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-23T15:22:56.527+0000) > > # Missions > > Tone them down. Seriously. Each week so far has included: > > * Play 5 Games of TFT to Round 20 > * Play 8 Games of TFT to Round 20 > * Play 10 Games of TFT to Round 20 > > Round 20 takes ~25 minutes from the game's start, not including the queue and load times. At bare minimum, this line of missions is asking players to play 23 games of at least 25 minutes per week. That's 575 minutes, or 9 hours and 35 minutes. That doesn't sound too bad for a serious gamer, right? Except it's not that simple. > > **Failure:** Despite what some "gaming journalists" claim in their "guides" to the game, you *can* be eliminated before Round 20 (the final PVP round of the 4th stage). It happens very easily if you don't get your champs before others grab them or if RNGesus deems you unworthy of items. So that means you can spend almost 25 minutes in a game and not meet the mission requirement. > > **Success:** Even if you do make it to Round 20, the game isn't likely to end immediately. Players who get that far are likely to survive for a few more rounds, so that could be another 5 to 15 minutes unless they surrender. Furthermore, the missions don't always show the next in line until you've cleared all of the same-value missions first (sometimes they do, so that may be a bug?). That means that even if you fulfilled the Round 20 requirement in every game, you still might have to play more games before the next "Play # Games of TFT to Round 20" mission becomes available. > > See where I'm going with this? > > Clearing the weekly missions potentially requires an unhealthy amount of time spent playing. For people with jobs, school, or (holy shit) a *life*, 10 hours in a week can be rough. In practice, the time needed is likely to be several hours more than that since most people will be unable to clear the weeklies in exactly 23 games. > > We get it. You want people to play long enough in a game to prove they're actually playing it rather than connecting and losing ASAP. You're probably also still getting a good stress test out of this beta run, along with player numbers you can use in marketing reports. You can accomplish this almost as well by lowering the minimum Round/Stage for those missions. Round 15 is the Stage 3 PvE/final battle. It's still possible to lose by that point, but it's not mind-numbingly frustrating to reach consistently. > > At least I saw a Rioter on Reddit admitting that the "Round 20" versus "Stage 4-5" wording was unintentional and should be made consistent at some point.
zepdrix (NA)
: I Miss Kayle :(
> [{quoted}](name=zepdrix,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7RvB75py,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-24T07:22:17.746+0000) > > Also... why does TFT Kayle have her old ultimate? That is very strange... It's a different game. Many of the champions and items do things they don't do in LoL. * Titanic Hydra splashes on ranged attacks and stacks with Runaan's Hurricane, which has magic resistance and only one side bolt. * Cho'Gath's knockup is huge. * Lulu and Kayle target up to 3 allies. * Kassadin drains mana. * Locket gives Ability Power and duplicates stack without penalty. * Blade of the Ruined King makes you attack faster, but lacks lifesteal and %HP damage. * Phantom Dancer has armor and makes crits completely miss you. * Ability Power increases damage on almost every champ's abilities, including champions with no AP scaling in LoL (like Garen). * etc. They skinned it with LoL characters and items to appeal to the existing fanbase, but LoL balance and gameplay have no correlation to TFT design and gameplay.
: Boards Usage Guide - Part 1: Boards Markup
I noticed some of the customized markup demonstrated here (such as the colored text) doesn't work on all of the other boards. Previews for color markup show correctly here, but pasted directly to another board it shows as bold, italicized, stricken text. I presume new sub boards are being created from a default template that hasn't had these updates applied, or other boards are explicitly preventing excess markup (which kind of invalidates all this work).
Rioter Comments
: ??? You're acting as if assholes aren't protected by free speech. Hate speech isn't, but someone being abrasive or _just a dick_ is, annoyingly, protected by free speech and right of expression. You aren't 'supposed' to be a good person, you're just supposed to abstain from interfering with others' lives which is why, while free speech exists, racism is never seen as O.K: it incites violence/discrimination against a minority. 'Hurtful words' do not, no matter how much they knot your panties. Reality sucks, get used to it. If Riot wants people to be decent, especially when their current game state is frustrating & somewhat unfair and would therfor breed toxicity because it _isn't enjoyable_, they need to reward people for that incredible mental fortitude they have. Before you have the balls to say to my face "Oh, yeah, you're supposed to be a good person because then people don't hate you", let me stop you right there. The reward of being liked for being a good person is enough for those good people to continue being good people. Some others aren't born giving a shit about what **you** think about them. Individuality sucks too, don't you agree? Worse yet, you have no right to change that because that's them and not you. Don't like them? Mute them. Cut contact with them. Don't talk to them. Pretty easy. Want to change it? Reward them for being nice. Thank them. Encourage them. It's why the best way to get someone to be a good person _is to literally thank them for being polite to you._ Thanks **is a reward.**
> [{quoted}](name=Kitsuné Orrion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=H88t47Hs,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-07-18T01:20:43.338+0000) > > ??? > You're acting as if assholes aren't protected by free speech. Hate speech isn't, but someone being abrasive or _just a dick_ is, annoyingly, protected by free speech and right of expression. You aren't 'supposed' to be a good person, you're just supposed to abstain from interfering with others' lives which is why, while free speech exists, racism is never seen as O.K: it incites violence/discrimination against a minority. 'Hurtful words' do not, no matter how much they knot your panties. "Free speech" isn't really a thing here. It's a political right specific to certain countries such as the USA, but not every country active in LoL provides such a protection for its citizens. Some of the largest LoL regions claim to have freedom of speech, but very visibly do not (who owns Riot?). Even within the USA, free speech is not a protected right in League of Legends. The First Amendment doesn't apply to private institutions. This is Riot's house, and they are legally allowed to restrict our behavior and expression as they see fit. They could add the word "freedom" to the list of zero tolerance words, and they could legally ban us for using it. That being said, they *do* tend towards leniency in most situations not involving their zero tolerance list of terms and behavior. Look how long people get away with pissing people off without getting banned. Not only that, but look how frequently we as a community explicitly tell Riot they're awful fuckups without getting banned for saying it.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: What if I'm going to see the LCS Finals live? Will I have to rewatch the games to get that sweet icon? {{champion:32}}
> [{quoted}](name=KU Fallen,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=lkWEEM67,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-05T16:30:44.580+0000) > > What if I'm going to see the LCS Finals live? Will I have to rewatch the games to get that sweet icon? {{champion:32}} I've wondered about this in the past. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/esports/YAruExby-worlds-attendees-and-missions There really should be some way for in-person attendees to get credit for missions.
: Rakan E not free-cast if below initial cast mana threshold
Seems like a recurring problem with mana costs for spells that get a free cast. I don't know if Lissandra's old passive suffered from this, but Swain's old ult definitely did in old URF. Since the mana cost increased steadily, it would shut off the ult once the mana cost was greater than the total mana pool, even though URF spells were supposed to cost no mana. They did fix it after the first couple of URF iterations, but apparently they didn't keep this in mind when creating new possibilities of mana-free spellcasts (I think Rakan was created after Swain's ult mana issue was fixed on URF).
: I didnt know bots could jungle, so its likely a person
> [{quoted}](name=Primaquarius,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JXU3Eive,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-03T20:43:13.017+0000) > > I didnt know bots could jungle, so its likely a person They definitely can. The most common bots for a while would only jungle and completely ignored lanes. You could break them by stealing camps before they got there.
: in 8 years of playing, this is the first time i ask this: are bots now going into ranked?
His summoner choices between Normal and Ranked are different. He *just* hit 30, so it's possible Ranked is a new, intimidating, confusing experience for him. Or it's someone intentionally throwing his placements to get the lowest rank possible. I know people who have done that.
: Oh, I thought the items were being tested but the bans and champion nerfs were here to stay.
> [{quoted}](name=treeidiot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bUwqeoWz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-03T17:30:58.094+0000) > > Oh, I thought the items were being tested but the bans and champion nerfs were here to stay. What they decide is purportedly based on feedback, so stay vocal about your dislike and reasoning for the best chances of a reversion.
: BANS IN ARAM
> [{quoted}](name=treeidiot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bUwqeoWz,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-03T17:21:37.995+0000) > > What do you think about this? Anyway that RIOT would possibly revert this? Or atleast lesson the bans in number? The [official announcement](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/03/dev-more-experimental-aram-changes/) that went out weeks ago described this as a test (much as last year's Butcher's Bridge tested some feature changes). So yes, there's a chance that it will be reverted once the Butcher's Bridge event is over, depending on the results they get.
Tamurlane (EUNE)
: is it just me or getting higher honor is near impossible now?
> [{quoted}](name=Tamurlane,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QKL2gAWZ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-02T18:41:46.562+0000) > > been playing for a good month now. in the entire month, i've been honored nearly every single game and nobody's complained about my behavior for as long as I can remember. basically, **im behaving the same as I did last year** > so, what's changed? The most likely explanation is that they saw the numbers from the previous season and modified the requirements for each tier and checkpoint to make progression stretch out longer over the season. Last season, it was easy to max honor in a few months, so a lot of us were just sitting on Honor 5 for over half a year. By slowing the progression, we experience upgrades through a longer portion of the year. An alternate option would've been adding more tiers, but that would've caused more issues. Psychologically, those at low honor ranks would feel even further removed from the max ranks. Logistically, rewards would have to be reassessed. Do they give honor wards for additional tiers, or pick specific milestone tiers to unlock them? Keep playing if you want your honor upgrades. They'll come, just at a slower pace this year.
: Update What Can be Bought With Blue Essence
Twice a year, they add the Blue Essence Emporium to the in-client store (next one should be within the next couple of months if they're sticking to the same time ranges). This is intended to be the major BE sink for those players who have all the champions. There are items that cost over 100,000 BE (including a full skin), and skin chromas are also available (2,000 BE for normal chromas and 10,000 for chromas that are normally content creator exclusives). Adding more BE consumables in the regular shop will end up being worse for people with no impulse control, since they won't be able to save up for the massively expensive items in the BEE if they constantly have Hextech Chests and Keys available to burn off their savings.
Rioter Comments
cabbysb (NA)
: Sona Just One Shot Me with an Auto in URF - TOO MUCH DAMAGE IN LEAGUE
> [{quoted}](name=cabbysb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cFbsK38s,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-02T06:17:02.251+0000) > > There is too much damage in league. URF is the perfect demonstration that when a player has gold, there is zero interaction left in this game. It was never like this before. Sona seriously just killed me with one auto. You're exaggerating by quite a bit. 1. That wasn't a single AA. That was a simultaneous Q, Q Power Chord, Lich Bane, Dark Harvest, Hextech Revolver, and Luden's Echo. 2. Her build at 10 min was: {{item:3285}} {{item:3145}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3303}} 3. She ended the game 5 levels ahead of you, and is 2-3 levels ahead in this clip. You also had no magic resistance built beyond the +16 flex rune stats.
Rioter Comments
AIQ (NA)
: Kayles Design Poll
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JAp0mcAL,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-18T22:30:59.490+0000) > > Overhaul: Heavily modify both the feeling and ascetic of the armor. Completely revamp it. I'm not satisfied with the tentative state of Kayle's update. The wings don't look functional. Sure, they flap, but they lack the proper shape to do so. While it's a nitpick, the departure from functional wing shapes is emphasized with the new design. Her face, while not really an issue from a player's camera view, has a jarringly inhuman look (and not in an ethereal/heavenly way). Her breastplate design makes me feel like I'm looking at an underaged gymnast, which is exacerbated by the prominence of her cuisses, which give the illusion of a fuller ass and thighs. The contrast is dissonant. Jinx's flatness doesn't cause that visual discomfort. Man, that description just sounds creepy. > [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JAp0mcAL,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-18T22:30:59.490+0000) > > ascetic design This is off topic, but the word you want is "aesthetic." Ascetic describes a form of self-discipline. Aesthetics pertain to appearances.
: > [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JAp0mcAL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-18T22:35:35.360+0000) > > I don't think it's that bad I just don't want the unnecessary sexualization and want her to have bigger wings. The bigger wings is a no. There's only so much space within the scope of her champion model, so unless you want her to be a micro-human like she used to be, her wings have got to be smaller. This isn't like Aatrox where his wings appear only temporarily, her wings are always on.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JAp0mcAL,comment-id=00010003,timestamp=2019-02-19T14:26:02.594+0000) > > The bigger wings is a no. There's only so much space within the scope of her champion model, so unless you want her to be a micro-human like she used to be, her wings have got to be smaller. This isn't like Aatrox where his wings appear only temporarily, her wings are always on. Her wings can actually be larger without a larger wingspan. I linked this in another thread: https://www.deviantart.com/twarda8/art/Wing-basics-783734359 The leading edge gap takes so much presence away from the wings, but filling in those gaps won't make her wings affect her overall model size. Her wings could stay small in proportion to her entire model, but be much larger than they are now if the wings are more realistically modeled.
: I feel her old wings looked more magnificent
> [{quoted}](name=Hexs Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ztZ0VOkM,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-02-18T18:36:14.874+0000) > > I feel her old wings looked more magnificent Agreed. I think the emphasized gap in the leading edges of her wings is a hindrance to her aesthetic. I get that it's a stylized choice, but it makes her wings look decorative rather than functional. What you perceive as magnificence is likely the greater wing mass in old Kayle. It doesn't even need to be a larger wingspan (which historically has been problematic for her model size), since the gaps in her current wings are internal and don't serve to reduce her overall size. An artist's wing anatomy study shows what I'm talking about. https://www.deviantart.com/twarda8/art/Wing-basics-783734359 The lack of propatagia takes away from the wings' presence. As someone who enjoys playing Kayle and has been a longtime fan of her design, I've been fearing this update for a while. I absolutely am on board with Morgana's design update, but Kayle's rubs me the wrong way for now.
Saezio (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ice Weasel X,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dNTgATXx,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-27T23:38:22.048+0000) > > While enchanter is the masculine form of the word, it's also the gender neutral form. > > Actors and actresses are both actors. A male actor is not an actress. That is kind of the issue, there should either be a single word that describes the vocation regardless of gender, OR have 2 word's whose venn diagrams of contents never intersect. Or at least that is what I am getting. The whole language was created at a time with very different ideals than today, the question is, should we alter it or keep it as is? There are sure to be advocates and merits for either.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dNTgATXx,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2019-01-27T23:57:59.342+0000) > > That is kind of the issue, there should either be a single word that describes the vocation regardless of gender, OR have 2 word's whose venn diagrams of contents never intersect. Or at least that is what I am getting. > The whole language was created at a time with very different ideals than today, the question is, should we alter it or keep it as is? There are sure to be advocates and merits for either. Having two completely separate terms for what is otherwise the same thing seems needlessly obfuscating. Creating brand new terms to replace the old ones also seems like it would just cause more confusion, [kind of like trying to consolidate technological standards and just ending up with multiple incompatible standards](https://xkcd.com/927/). I feel like the cleanest thing would just be to do away with secondary versions of these terms and declare them unambiguously neutral, but there are always people trying to force gender specificity into terms that don't need them. I've seen -ess and -ress attached to almost every occupation I've ever been aware of in American English. The people doing it are usually *very* insistent. "I'm not a technician. I'm a technician_ess_."
Terozu (NA)
: This is a joke. It is a joke. On the fact there are no male pure enchanters.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dNTgATXx,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-01-27T23:40:29.481+0000) > > This is a joke. > > It is a joke. > > On the fact there are no male pure enchanters. I understand and I appreciate the attempt at humor, but Riot has set some really awful precedent with dealing with gender issues... wouldn't want them to take your quip as a possible point of action.
: Giving a mage an AOE stun and 2000 strength shield is balanced.
Using a full build example will always make a champion sound overpowered. For a 2,000HP shield from her ult (assuming no shield bonuses, since most people don't use Revitalize or Forbidden Idol items on Neeko), she needs 596AP and 5 enemy champions in range. In the current game climate of games ending quickly, full builds are a rarity. The average game ends at around 30 minutes, and you can only afford full build by then if you're fed. Probuilds shows most game-ending builds still have Doran's Rings or empty slots. * With the same AP, Xerath can deal 2,681.4 damage _from a range of 6,160_. * With the same AP, Zoe can deal 1,444 damage to the first enemy hit (and 1,155.2 to splashed targets) from a range of 800 (which can be even further from the initial cast point). _This damage is on a 6.5s cooldown._ * With the same AP, Gangplank can deal 3,036.6 AoE damage from _anywhere_ if his targets get stuck in it. Now, here's where your argument both gains and loses some weight. To have enough AP for that 2,000HP shield, Neeko would also deal significantly more damage than the 800 you attributed to Zoe. At 596AP, Neeko's ult deals _1,424.8 damage_. That's comparable to Zoe's Q damage, _but on a 90s cooldown_.
Terozu (NA)
: Petition to rename the Enchanter subclass to Enchantress.
While enchanter is the masculine form of the word, it's also the gender neutral form. Actors and actresses are both actors. A male actor is not an actress.
Terozu (NA)
: In the new roadmap video when Reav3 is talking about the new support, subtitles say "purrfect".
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AkbBQa08,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-25T21:25:45.305+0000) > > subtitles say "purrfect" Technically, the caption reads, "puurfect." Not sure if that's a typo or an intentional alternate spelling, referring to something else. Usually when people extend purrs they keep the double r, even in the common "purrfect" blend.
: Yordle with a cat familiar.
> [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AkbBQa08,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-25T21:31:31.835+0000) > > Yordle with a cat familiar. Take it up a notch. Yordle throws cat familiar into enemy's face, where it attaches itself. Blind for the duration. Removal deals damage.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ice Weasel X,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WhU4QJAY,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-25T21:13:48.478+0000) > > https://chinesenewyear.net/ > > Lunar Revel events coincide with the Chinese New Year. Riot makes a big deal about the Chinese New Year because they are owned by Tencent, a Chinese conglomerate. That's also why a lot of the old assets have been replaced by the Chinese versions. > > While the Chinese New Year is on February 5th, preparations begin on January 28th. Riot probably didn't want to release Chinese New Year skins almost 2 weeks early, but aligning with the traditional prep time is fine. Riot makes a big deal about the Chinese New Year because it's a holiday that a lot of games and regions acknowledge- not everything in every game has to be American-centric. Old assets were ONLY replaced by the Chinese ones as placeholders since the Chinese version of the game launched later and the art was already developed to be the least controversial world wide. The goal was to replace all of the splash arts with new artwork that was unified across all regions (whereas before each region had it's own images) so that one person in one place could change a picture and send it out world wide. The most recent replacement was Karma, who's splashes were updated and replaced her Chinese placeholders. Sivir is supposedly on the list to have hers updated as well.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WhU4QJAY,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-25T21:18:54.893+0000) > > Riot makes a big deal about the Chinese New Year because it's a holiday that a lot of games and regions acknowledge- not everything in every game has to be American-centric. I didn't say anything about things being American-centric. However, Riot's Lunar Revel celebration skins did not launch until after Tencent purchased a majority holding in the company in 2011. The first Lunar Revel skins were from 2012's Lunar New Year. The investment in the annual Lunar Revel started once Riot became a Chinese company. > Old assets were ONLY replaced by the Chinese ones as placeholders since the Chinese version of the game launched later and the art was already developed to be the least controversial world wide. The goal was to replace all of the splash arts with new artwork that was unified across all regions (whereas before each region had it's own images) so that one person in one place could change a picture and send it out world wide. The most recent replacement was Karma, who's splashes were updated and replaced her Chinese placeholders. Sivir is supposedly on the list to have hers updated as well. The placeholders for existing art have in multiple cases detracted from the skins as they go against the spirit of those skins. Goth Annie and Groovy Zilean are the most notorious examples of a botched replacement. Zilean in particular could be seen as objectionable, since rather than the innocuous laid-back hippie stoner, he appears to be on a drug more widely considered illegal/dangerous (and let's be honest, nobody thinks that "Groovy" Zilean is not meant to be on drugs).
: Lunar skins - Help me understand please RIOT.
https://chinesenewyear.net/ Lunar Revel events coincide with the Chinese New Year (aka the Lunar New Year). Riot makes a big deal about the Chinese New Year because they are owned by Tencent, a Chinese conglomerate. That's also why a lot of the old assets have been replaced by the Chinese versions. While the Chinese New Year is on February 5th, preparations begin on January 28th. Riot probably didn't want to release Chinese New Year skins almost 2 weeks early, but aligning with the traditional prep time is fine.
SEKAI (OCE)
: I mean, the benefit of the dress is that Riot doesn't need to model and animate the legs. And it's not really a dress. It's kind of just a random rag that she just strapped onto herself.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tx5mKnWl,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-25T15:27:20.164+0000) > > I mean, the benefit of the dress is that Riot doesn't need to model and animate the legs. > > And it's not really a dress. It's kind of just a random rag that she just strapped onto herself. They still might opt to model her legs so they can rig the animation to it realistically. Having her knees toss the dress forward as she walks/runs is subconsciously expected by most people, so it looks weird if that's not done right. People found out a long time ago that her old model had legs, although I don't think they were visible in all skins (and have since been obscured in the ones that showed them).
: Unmasked champion skins for champions who wear masks to specifically hide there identity PLEASE
Are you sure? You might not be able to re-cork that bottle once it's opened. What if the masks come off and they're all... https://66.media.tumblr.com/7c4feae424384289825995327c40d972/tumblr_inline_mtrpq1onDR1qfddse.png
: Difference in LP gains / losses?
You have different MMR even if you're the same rank. LP gains/losses change to try and get your hidden MMR and visible rank as close to matching as possible.
Kenneky (EUW)
: It's nice to see a yordle in those cinematics for once, most of the champions we see in cinematics are humans. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just want to see some diversity in champion choice.
> [{quoted}](name=Kenneky,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Al3Mx8NL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-21T21:54:44.508+0000) > > It's nice to see a yordle in those cinematics for once, most of the champions we see in cinematics are humans. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just want to see some diversity in champion choice. Teemo's shown up more than once, although his most recent appearance probably wasn't his proudest moment. He also got to display some agility (and his eyes) during the unreleased Dominion trailer... right before getting literally dusted by Swain.
: Fair enough. My last idea I got is that Jarvan the 1st was a larger-than-average man. Logic being Garen, one of the few Demacian males we have any sort of relevant hight comparison with. In "Legend's Never Die" music video, Garen pretty casually picks up and tosses some poor guy over his shoulder. He's kinda massive. while it is a bit of a jump in logic to say that means Jaran the 1st was also huge (and had a corresponding head size), it could explain it. Their both from royal lines and would be passing around similar genes (cause how screwed up that whole system is). Also, another idea is that since Ionia is based partially off of asians, perhaps the people there are shroter? I vaguely remember the Noxians being taller than any of the Ionians. Not going to put any merrit in that since Sion still dwarfs even the other Noxians. I am so bored right now. I'm trapped in a chem 101 class for my Nursing major. I changed degrees from CHEMICAL ENGINEERING. So if it looks like I'm thinking about this too much, I'm just trying to make sure I don't fall asleep. I love the lore, but I'm really not the person who thinks it needs to be perfect, i just like throwing ideas around that could possibly answer this sort of question. Right or wrong I'm having fun.
> [{quoted}](name=ZaneShadow,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zcMWZVvN,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-22T22:16:19.861+0000) > > Fair enough. > > Im more just kinda throwing ideas around because I'm curious if their is a way to explain it. My last idea I got is that Jarvan the 1st was a larger-than-average man. Logic being Garen, one of the few Demacian males we have any sort of relevant hight comparison with. In "Legend's Never Die" music video, Garen pretty casually picks up and tosses some poor guy over his shoulder. He's kinda massive. while it is a bit of a jump in logic to say that means Jaran the 1st was also huge (and had a corresponding head size), it could explain it. Their both from royal lines and would be passing around similar genes (cause how screwed up that whole system is). > > I am so bored right now. I'm trapped in a chem 101 class for my Nursing major. I changed degrees from CHEMICAL ENGINEERING. So if it looks like I'm thinking about this too much, I'm just trying to make sure I don't fall asleep. Overthinking is fine, this is for fun =) And yes, it's possible Jarvan I was a hulk of a man with a proportionally scaled head larger than an average person's. That explanation fits perfectly. The human size constraints in this game are closer to comic convention than real life expectations. Even Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jason Momoa are small compared to how Conan the Barbarian is usually portrayed.
Ralanr (NA)
: Demacians have big heads. In other news, water is wet.
> [{quoted}](name=Ralanr,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zcMWZVvN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-22T20:24:52.647+0000) > > Demacians have big heads. In other news, water is wet. Thank you. This is the sort of lore-based analysis I was hoping for.
ChunLii (NA)
: Kayle’s model is old. She is due to a vgu soon. Sion got a vgu so Sion base splash art and model is on line with what Riot thinks. Cinematic usually exaggerate certain small features to make it appear it’s there and to show the audience.
> [{quoted}](name=Marc Bowman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zcMWZVvN,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-22T21:46:34.475+0000) > > Kayle’s model is old. She is due to a vgu soon. Sion got a vgu so Sion base splash art and model is on line with what Riot thinks. Cinematic usually exaggerate certain small features to make it appear it’s there and to show the audience. No, in this game's case, it's literally the opposite. The cinematics portray what the game can't, because they can't have champions in game with their canon sizes. Aurelion Sol is large enough to shoot literal stars around. Malphite is larger than a building.
: Eh, instead of a circle Sions jaw is a semicircle. By cutting the crown then stretching it into the proper shape, it would appear significantly larger
> [{quoted}](name=ZaneShadow,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zcMWZVvN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-22T21:34:51.105+0000) > > Eh, instead of a circle Sions jaw is a semicircle. By cutting the crown then stretching it into the proper shape, it would appear significantly larger I addressed this in the OP: > [{quoted}](name=Ice Weasel X,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zcMWZVvN,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-22T20:18:47.256+0000) > > I know the crown would have a larger diameter by merit of it being cut and spread around Sion's head, but his head is literally as wide as Irelia's most famous asset. That crown's huge. Even though I posted this primarily as a joke, I did test it out before posting (because why not?). I have a fairly thin build. With a string the length of my head's circumference, I only managed to get about halfway around my waist. That wasn't even a pronounced semicircle, since my belly is flat. A more rounded arc such as Sion's jaw wouldn't even allow me to get that far. It's halfway around his head, which is way thicker than my ex-runner body.
ChunLii (NA)
: Cinematics usually exaggerate details to make it more prominent for the audience. If you want a more accurate size look at Sion’s splash or in game model. Also, they had to exaggerate it to show the Demacian crown’s gloriousness.
> [{quoted}](name=Marc Bowman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zcMWZVvN,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-22T20:28:33.768+0000) > > Cinematics usually exaggerate details to make it more prominent for the audience. If you want a more accurate size look at Sion’s splash or in game model. > > Also, they had to exaggerate it to show the Demacian crown’s gloriousness. I wouldn't really place any weight on in-game model sizes, as they're limited in scope for technical reasons (formerly explained in lore as champions being magically resized to compete evenly on the Fields of Justice—how else could Lee Sin kick Malphite in the face?). One of the most well-known examples of this is the side-by-side comparison of Kayle and Tristana: http://i.imgur.com/DTvIV91.jpg[] Kayle's model was made smaller to accommodate her wingspan and hitbox. Lorewise, she's definitely not smaller than a Yordle. Cinematics are more likely to be closer to Riot's intended character depictions. When A New Dawn was released, everyone was surprised to see the size to which Nautilus had been inflated, since his lore had only mentioned a "diving suit." However, that behemoth size is the current canon. His lore has been updated with a story describing him holding a man within his hand. The description of the giant suit of diving armor also makes it likely that it's closer to a mech from anime/manga (think Mobile "Suit" Gundam).
Rioter Comments
Show more

Ice Weasel X

Level 303 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion