: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IUL29QcX,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-05T01:20:38.613+0000) > > Kayle wasn’t a good enchaner just because she had two abilities that could be used on others there was a reason she didn’t see play. > > Orianna having a shield she can put on her allies also doesn’t make her an enchancer Kayle had arguably the best enchantment ult in the game. Plus her heal was useful for both the healing as well as the speed utility, she really only lacked enemy cc for which she only had a slow. Oriana had shield with nearly 100% uptime and low cooldown with good capacity before the 7.16 nerfs and the shield class nerfs a while later. In addition she also had free warding with q, and a speed/slow with w. Aso dont forget her shield provides armor and magic resist. She also has a moderate cc ult. Both were very competent enchanters, just not well known.
Kayle's ult was almost entirely for getting in that extra couple seconds of her own absurd damage once her build started working.
Ifneth (NA)
: Who’s The Kindest Champion In The Game?
Really, there is no contest. Braum and Ivern can fight over second place, but Soraka wins easily.
afmghost (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Icestar1186,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5uAbnZpz,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2018-06-14T20:25:21.687+0000) > > EA? What does EA have do do with League? They run and operate it.
Sorry, what? EA doesn't own Riot. What are you talking about?
shanvix (NA)
: account transfers unavailble
The notification says today at 11 PM pacific time.
: Or autofilled
Autofill is not an excuse for that kind of behavior. Just learn a champion for each role. Garen is pretty low-floor in terms of skill.
: He was probably autofilled, riots fault.
Autofill is not an excuse for that kind of behavior. Just learn a champion for each role. Garen is pretty low-floor in terms of skill.
afmghost (NA)
: When this idea is getting this kind of support by the playerbase, EA is clearly sitting on their asses not caring about the real problem. Innocent players are getting punished by sacrificing their own asses to avoid hostage situations by actual trolls. EA is accepting this, the players aren't.
EA? What does EA have do do with League?
: ***
Here. I'll ignore you now. Watch.
Yets4240 (NA)
: You mean after Season 5 with patch 5.22, on into Season 6 and 7, which added mechanics like catch-up exp, changed shut downs, respawn timers, changed the way minions interacted to cause the very lanes themselves to auto snowball, added first brick, rift herald, plants, etc etc Many people consider season 5 until the juggernaut patch (5.18) the best period in League's history. The other common contenders are Season 2-3 and Seasons 3-4. For me personally, Season 2-3 was my favorite, Season 5 my second, and Season 3-4 are the next closest (but actually when I achieved the highest rank and took the game most seriously). Everything since 5.22 has been an utter dumpster fire compared to what preceded it.
I wasn't here for 2-3; loved 5. I still think the game is fun though, just different.
: Now that Supports are nerfed Season 5 has returned
> Blowing people up > Season 5 Most of Season 5 was a tank meta, friend.
: People give up in 15 minutes half the time now, in my experience. Down 2 kills? /all GG. Lose a 3v3 at dragon? /all GG.
Yeah, except then 2 or 3 people refuse to surrender. I'm frequently one of those people, since comebacks are so common in low to mid ELO. People even give up when my team is actually winning! I had a game last night where the ADC kept spamming surrender votes even though we had more towers than our opponents and had taken their mid inhibitor, just because the other team had more kills.
: ***
Trash talk has its place. What gets you banned goes far beyond trash talk. It may just be words, but that doesn't mean people should have to hear them. If you're so immature that being a decent human being is too much to ask, I have a few words for you: grow the fuck up. Armchair psychoanalysts really piss me off.
: > [{quoted}](name=Icestar1186,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mHWgd1gN,comment-id=0012000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-13T21:25:41.412+0000) > > I don't understand what part of "don't be a dick" is illogical, or has anything to do with age. 1. whether or not any action is considered "being a dick" is entirely subjective. Meaning its non-universal. So if I say "Jesus Christ adc your cs is bad you need to practice or not play that role in ranked" whether or not I'm "a dick" as opposed to "truthful" or "helpful" is entirely opinionated 2. Rules based on subjective standards are inherently flawed. 3. Usually absolute rules or standards (meaning circumstance doesn't matter) are what we apply to children, because you can't trust kindergarten kids to aptly reason between right and wrong in situations that may be subjective. Therefore you remove their agency. From Riots standpoint they gave us agency with the mute button so our individual standards of what language we care to see is controlled by us. Also, there is a chat filter option, so if you don't care for profanity specifically, you don't have to mute. Or you can (in theory) control what your kids read. I suggest you read 1984. Hopefully you'll come out of it appreciating the ability to choose your words regardless of how people may feel about it (especially if mute exists for when you don't like it)
Seriously? You're comparing this to 1984? I don't think keeping toxic players out of your game even resembles a totalitarian government. 1984 needs its own version of Godwin's Law. We have free speech, regardless of how people feel about it. And people are also free to act on their feelings: https://xkcd.com/1357/
Galiö (NA)
: Looks like you cant go tahm or mundo against him. But tanks are being beaten down every patch. I hate this game sometimes lol. I just want my old galio back every though his passive would fuck his healing anyway.
Sejuani just got a nice buff. The new AP ratios open up some builds that look kind of like the pre-rework ones (I liked picking up Liandry's when the game went long).
: Just saw the new Aatrox trailer...
That's about how I feel. Hate the VO, love the gameplay.
: A question about a Friends "name" related ban, and what the community thinks about it.
It's a play on words that happen to both be hate speech, which is zero-tolerance. I'm not sure why this is a question.
: Why was banner removed?
Banner is either useless or meta-warping. Ohmwrecker is just useless.
: > [{quoted}](name=Icestar1186,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mHWgd1gN,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2018-06-13T18:43:28.734+0000) > > People shouldn't need the mute button. It's on you not to be a dick, not on other people to prevent dicks from interacting with them. maybe if we were in kindergarten and all the same age that would be logical Yet the mute button exists, and on other servers they don't baby their players' "feelings" (btw those are the servers that kick our asses professionally and out score us in general. Maybe because their competitive players aren't shunned because someone cried about their language?)
I don't understand what part of "don't be a dick" is illogical, or has anything to do with age.
: New Nunu better have a Naut line
: > [{quoted}](name=FreeOfChargeHoe,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mHWgd1gN,comment-id=0003000600010000,timestamp=2018-06-13T10:38:06.951+0000) > > Silent treatment is more effective againist trolls? Really? Do you even believe your own shit? Do you even play the game without the rioter tag? Because people get scared shitless when they see it. Make new account and play draft picks. I want to see how your kind words and silent treatment is gona make trolls not troll. It's simple logic, really. Flaming a troll will do nothing, and may make them escalate in rare cases. Ignoring or being even keeled will do nothing, and may make them DE-escalate in rare cases.
In my experience, it's rare that flaming back *doesn't* make them escalate.
Vox569 (NA)
: really? how about if someone does some dumb decision and cost you a game esp when you're trying to climb and you are at the end of your promos
Don't press enter. It isn't hard.
: You say its not hard to limit your language, but it literally takes less effort to hit your mute button quit punishing players for typing even if it is vulgar and worry about the ppl that run around the map stealing camps/cs or waiting for entire team to die before diving in themselves
People shouldn't need the mute button. It's on you not to be a dick, not on other people to prevent dicks from interacting with them.
: Can we please stop pretending that OLD Aatrox was any good?!?
The flag wings were cool, and the new voice doesn't sound nearly as good. The rest of the changes I like.
Xäyąh (NA)
: Actually, I think they are more going for human violence elements. Varus is revenge Rhaast is a metaphor for self conflict Aatrox /was/ the embodiment of war, but it will be altered slightly
Varus needs a VO update if he's going to be a Darkin.
: Really? Where is his dive? Where is his aoe poke? Where is his healing from auto attacks? WTF are you even talking about?
1. Yes. 2. Third Q, also E. 3. First two Qs. 4. Passive on the E. 5. Did you read the reveal, or just watch the video?
AidanWR (NA)
: The problem is how short games tend to be though. The average game length is down from what it used to be. Back before the current client, they said that Summoner's Rift had an average game length of 30-45 minutes. Now the average game length is 20-33 minutes. Not as much time to scale into late game. As much as I agree that tank/engage/shielding supports are better in the long run, with the shorter games, people are opting for more damage over scaling champions. One of the reasons that there are hyper-carrys, like Zed and Yasuo, taking the role of adc now
I've seen very few games going as short as 20 minutes, personally.
: Please remove Aatrox and Mundo
Congratulations! That's the first time I've seen one of these threads about either of them!
: solid champs with strong ingages, quite tanky with large models. I'd guess a calm player, preffering slow battles over rush builds. possibly calculative as most your champions act as ingages, a real teamplayer.
Yep. I loved the season 5 tank meta.
DalyMary (EUNE)
: Your personality based by who you main
: I just supported a Viktor as Janna in botlane
I've been experimenting with Nashor's Tooth Orianna bot, but haven't had much success yet.
: Saijax Cail-Rynx Kohari Icath’un what the actual fuck LOL
Leto GT (EUW)
: Can we get a lol legacy server?
You're exaggerating a lot of the problems. There's some snowballing, but games still last a decent amount of time, and I've personally had several comeback wins recently.
: Its just totally bizarre to me that the matchmaking decided that a new player should be... A. Jungling. and B. Matched with high silver/low gold players Honestly I don't understand why new players don't just start at the lowest level and work their way up. Give him a match in B5, if he wins, try B4, if he wins, try B3. Thats how placements should be. Not "throw him into gold level junglers and watch him get farmed" Doesn't help that he picked shaco into Xin and got annihilated.
Jungling isn't that much harder than laning. If they've made it to 30, they have enough experience to jungle. While I don't know the actual account, perhaps they simply hadn't played any ranked games yet this season, and made it to gold or plat last season.
: My experience with being Perma-Banned in League Of Legends.
You've barely improved, if at all. Some examples: > BaronBoots: I FLASHEd BaronBoots: WHAT TF IS THIS ASS GAMe BaronBoots: KAYN BaronBoots: WHAT AREYOU DOING BaronBoots: HE HAS 3 KILLS > BaronBoots: this botlane is so useless BaronBoots: never help BaronBoots: fine BaronBoots: i wont gank bot anymore > BaronBoots: Keep being salty kid BaronBoots: How old are you? BaronBoots: 5? BaronBoots: Nah, that's a stretch > BaronBoots: Saltyyyy BaronBoots: Sallltyyyyyyyyyyyyy BaronBoots: SAlllltyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy BaronBoots: SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlty > BaronBoots: You stfu BaronBoots: Bitch BaronBoots: Bow down to m BaronBoots: To me BaronBoots: Bow down to me BaronBoots: LOL BaronBoots: Bow down to me BaronBoots: %%%%%% And lastly, the thing that really proves my point: > BaronBoots: Im only being mean to them BaronBoots: BEcause they are toxic to me If other players are being toxic, mute them. Do not respond. Ever. If you start acting like them, you get banned just like them.
: Anyone else hoping for heavy Pyke nerfs?
Not really? He's kind of meh. Powerful when ahead, but that applies to everything.
: Explain
Unless I'm mistaken, placements draw on your performance in normals.
Yuvn Ti (NA)
: yo how did you contact riot like that?
: Opinion: Mage Junglers are incredibly fun.
I used to play Lissandra jungle ages ago. It would be cool to try and make it work again.
: "Yi is a low elo noob stomper"
CC is much stronger on champions like Yi than against tanks.
iBubster (NA)
: Supports "Getting Carried"?
The support's job is to make their team able to carry them. The ADC can't carry without the support supporting them.
Rioter Comments
: Why can't I Honor my self?
You were never able to before.
: Petition for Riot to add a Scuttle Crab Plush to their Merch Store
Eggbread (NA)
: (Champion Concept) Y, the Manifestation of Trickery
I'm really not a fan of the interface screw mechanics. It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it would ever make a champion that could be balanced.
: Why are we only allowed to honor one person?????
We should definitely still be able to GG Honor All. A really good game deserves it, plain and simple.
Rioter Comments
SEKAI (OCE)
: Given that we now know Darkins are sentient weapons...
I believe that line is simply referring to Tryndamere's ult. Tryndamere first used it (in lore) when Aatrox attacked his village, and Aatrox is probably the source of Tryndamere's abilities.
GenoXx (NA)
: Wasn't making Varus a Darkin a bit ...out of the blue?
The pit was containing a Darkin which is now slowly corrupting Varus. Varus's Darkin is less talkative than Rhaast, though. TLDR the pit was retconned into a Darkin, it seems.
: am i the only one who doesn't like the new champion?
No; you're not. A lot of people do, though. Balancing him might be difficult (who the hell am I kidding, of course it will be), but his kit looks cool, he'll be fun as hell to play, and he's a second (confirmed) Darkin. I'm honestly surprised we didn't get "ignore walls" on an ability sooner (though I would have expected it to be an ult), and an ultimate along the lines of "become untargetable and attach to another champion, then do a thing" has shown up with some regularity on fan-made kits. Kayn brings in elements that parts of the community have wanted for a while.
: Kayn has alot of interactions with Aatrox
{{champion:6}} : Hey, Aatrox. We can't hang out. I'm still sort of cool.
Show more

Icestar1186

Level 52 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion