TONRAEF (NA)
: Changing Riven's Voice
There's nothing wrong with a high-pitched voice. Some people have them. She can use more quotes for sure, and the first thing she needs is a change of region. She's Ionian at this point as much as Kayn is. Also, I happen to appreciate Riven with an anime voice actress, and she would be less Riven if Cristina Vee's voice acting was suddenly removed. Her animesque aspects are a huge part of her appeal IMO.
: Guardians of the galaxy travel trough multiple planets, yet Starlord listen music from planet Earth. Same could applied here
Sure, but Starlord came from Earth. Not the case with the Odyssey champs by the looks of it.
Arakadia (NA)
: I thought DJ Sona wasn't technically anywhere but most likely would be in Project?
PROJECT is far more dark and noir than DJ Sona IMO.
Liàr (NA)
: Odyssey, Pentakill, and DJ Sona are all the same.
(X) Doubt. K/DA is canonically on Earth. Kai'sa talks about living in several actual real life Earth cities (Johannesburg, Tokyo, etc.). There is an IRL Pentakill, obviously, because they performed for certain LoL events already. Just not in cosplay. (I.E. Karthus = Jorn Lande). Apparently, there's also a planet Earth DJ Sona. Somewhere. Odyssey is fictional.
: Soemthing sad about the PROJECT timeline
The way I see it is that various skinlines are alternative possibilities. EG in Dragonball Z, future trunks's timeline isn't the regular timeline, so that the regular PROJECT universe timeline might not have a bad future, depending on, oh, which way PROJECT Kat eventually swings, or any number of other factors.
: Is Riot trying to ship Yi and Fiora?
Unfortunately, both PROJECT and Immortal Journey lines have zero lore outside their skin bios and the one short story Ariel Lawrence wrote for PROJECT Vi/Vayne/Jhin way back when. Really disappointing, because Immortal Journey is just plain beautiful. I still have it as headcanon that the Immortal Journey characters are somewhere on Runeterra, just because some of the pairings (EG double Janna) are just so wholesome and heartwarming.
Falrein (EUW)
: Random idea - The Ionian Wars and their remnants
Could it be a way to tie in the immortal journey lore to Runeterra? Scathlocke says it's just an alternate fantasy, but the possibilities of pairing some of the immortal journey characters with their Runeterran selves sounds like heartwarming waiting to happen.
La Bello (NA)
: can you do something to Malzahar?{{champion:90}} its not satisfying to play him. every part of his kit feels gimped. Minions die to sneezes, E tickles for damage and is mostly a vehicle for Liandries. I dont like how attached to the hip these two abilities are. R doesnt fuck all damage to tanks despite having some CUHRAZY %max hp based puddle. could you turn his suppress into a super cripple beam instead(90% slow/AS slow +silence) and in turn jack his numbers and buff minions across the board or something? you know what I wanna see a balance talk about? ungutting the champions the got targeted for proplay.
> you know what I wanna see a balance talk about? ungutting the champions the got targeted for proplay. Tell me about it.
: They would have to be really careful about it, though. The issue I personally see is too many characters becoming similar to another. For example, they can't really do another shady, mysterious, may-possibly-actually-be-bad-but-you-never-know character as a Star Guardian, because then that character would feel like a Syndra 2.0 more than anything. A "confident, good and knows it" SG Kat runs the risk of being too similar to SG Jinx, Miss Fortune, or even Ahri character-wise. Katarina is going to need more traits unique to herself so that she can stand out in an already pretty diverse lineup, while simultaneously still fitting the SG theme. Not to say that they can't do it. I would be willing to see if they could pull it off. Personally though, Katarina might be better off maybe being a fully bad guy, like a Dark Star Guardian, or another type of role in the SG universe without actually being an SG. That would open up more potential options for her and would eliminate the risk of her feeling like a stale character.
I mean the issue with Ahri is that they changed her personality entirely depending on her skins. Base, she's a fluffy and innocent, if seductive fox-turned-human. As Popstar and K/DA (same Ahri), she's a confident but sympathetic individual. As Star Guardian, she's a complete alpha girl that's very un-Ahri-like. SG Jinx is still very much her Jinx-y self. She's an extroverted, fun-loving, rebellious individual, but rather than simply being about that, now has an added angle of liking her fellow star guardian friends. Kat, indeed, would be fairly similar to MF as a SG, because their base personalities are similar as well. As usual, there'd be the added angle of a friendlier, softer Kat as part of a SG group rather than this cold-blooded Noxian killer.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 9
Hey Meddler, what do you say to throwing Irelia some help for solo queue? Every streamer I've seen has either dropped her entirely (TFBlade, rank 1 top laner across multiple ladder regions, has even removed her as his splash background), both Sanchovies and IreliaCarriesU (who Riot actually flew in to consult on her rework) have expressed that she's in an awful spot for solo queue. She wasn't always this way--you guys at Riot really wrecked her with changes aimed at her pro presence, to the point that she's become a champion that's often banned, but very rarely picked, even when she's left open, and even her pro winrate is a pretty awful 40%. How do you reconcile the fact that the only justification you have for keeping her at the very bottom of the barrel for the *vast* majority of players (essentially, non-challenger/pro) is a few stray bans here and there in the pro scene? Is she supposed to be a champion that the vast majority of players are supposed to actively avoid picking in order to climb the ladder, when on the release of her rework, she was exactly the opposite? Considering how often Riot says "this is a pro-play focused nerf", what about "solo queue focused buff", as the two games are different in kind? For instance, even a player like Caps plays vastly different kinds of games in solo queue than in pro. Or is it going to be a case of wait and see until Irelia falls out of pro play entirely?
: Riven's ideals and "the pure noxian vision" ?
Not sure what the Rioters are on about. As of her 3-part short story (Confessions of a Broken Blade), she's adopted by an Ionian couple and wants to build a new life for herself in Ionia. There'd be no way she'd leave the people that adopted her as family, and promised the judge she'd live to rebuild Ionia. Heck, Kayn is listed as an Ionian. As of her latest lore, I don't think Riven wants *any* part of Noxus anymore and seems to like her new life of helping build rather than destroy, though she'll still gut someone if they threaten those she loves. As of now, as far as I'm concerned, Riven's 110% an Ionian, and about as goody goody as they come.
: This fits far better in Story Art & Sound, imo. You are throwing out suggestions sure but its more about analyzing designs and what would fit. Mercenary was Katarina's original design that they decided to turn into a skin. She was originally a mercenary in her lore, hence "Mercenary Katarina". Glad they changed her base skin, but its an interesting bit of League history. Making it into a Riftquest style skin is an interesting idea. High Command to me feels like its supposed to be a lore relevant skin. In the old lore at least (not sure if its still called this), "High Command" referred to the leaders of Noxus and those just under the Grand General. Could be interesting in the same way Captain Fortune is interesting if it were a little more polished. I think there are just better candidates for Star Guardian. Its not that Katarina wouldn't work, there are a lot of ladies (and some guys) in line that would work far better.
To be fair, that "better candidates for Star Guardian" argument applies for Syndra, but she worked out. A "confident, good and knows it" SG Kat would be very much in line for being very Kat-like while still being a purely good Star Guardian in the same way Jinx and Syndra are.
Rioter Comments
Arkaidan (EUW)
: Yea lets balance the game around the casual players who have no fucking idea about what they are doing and have no interest at all in learning how to deal with certain champions and improve. I agree they shouldn't balance around proplay (which is not the same thing as high elo), because we don't get to play soloQ as 5 men premade, but balacing around low elo players because they are too lazy to improve is dumb
The champion in question has a 44% win rate in diamond and up. Your argument is moot.
: Assasins needs to finish mission on any cost, which means kills innocents if neccessary. Regardless, the relationship between might and assasin is pretty much like samurai and ninja. the former fight with hornor , the later play dirty. So they are pretyy much rivals.
Quite the opposite. Samurai backstabbed each other *constantly*. Ninja, on the other hand, were exceptionally loyal due to their vital positions in service of their lords. Just that samurai fought up-front, and ninja used a lot of other tricks to accomplish their mission. Don't mistake combat tactics for morality.
: And now they tried that approach with Aatrox and it obviously created more problems (Kled hint hint). If they aint gonna buff defensive, then they need to take a chip off of damage. Idk why they are so scared of doing so. A tank like Mao only has 35 36 armor when Pyke has 45. Mao's passive is weaker than Pyke's regen. Like, are they scared of a tank meta that wont exist?
Pyke gets those stats because he can't scale his HP at all, and has to work off of support gold. Riot nerfed him hard in his solo lanes so he can't get laning gold. Complete apples and oranges.
: And why are there so many mage supports bot lane now? Laning phase against them can be tricky, especially against a Brand, but they aren't unbearable. They're not even the most banned champions bot lane. Pyke and Yuumi are. I wonder if it has any connection to the kind of hyper mobile champions that are played top lane doing an insane amount of damage and trading nothing for that. Hmm. ~~It's because that BS swoops in and deletes the ADC before you can do anything, so having more damage is the only way to punish such a thing.~~ I guess that's one of life's mysteries we'll never figure out. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
Mobility, survival, damage. Pick 2.
: The game is such a coin flip, it's embarrassing.
How do you explain all the players that go from unranked to grandmasters or something in a few days?
: Can something be done with Riven already
Yes, she recently got a nerf. IIRC, her shield went from a 6 second CD at max level to a 10.
Arkaidan (EUW)
: Yea lets balance the game around the casual players who have no fucking idea about what they are doing and have no interest at all in learning how to deal with certain champions and improve. I agree they shouldn't balance around proplay (which is not the same thing as high elo), because we don't get to play soloQ as 5 men premade, but balacing around low elo players because they are too lazy to improve is dumb
The **very person they showed that they flew into her office to consult on her new kit when they remade her** says she's awful in solo queue. IreliaCarriesU streamed yesterday, and he was *really* down on her solo queue prospects. If that's not damning, I'm not sure what is.
: Wild Thought: PROJECT: Reckoning Skins Give Me Norse Mythology Vibes.
Freya. From Google: Freya is the Goddess of love in Norse mythology, but she is also associated with sex, lust, beauty, sorcery, fertility, gold, war and death. The name Freya (in Old Norse “Freyja)” means “lady”, and can also be spelled (Freya, Freija, Frejya, Freyia, Fröja, Frøya, Frøjya, Freia, Freja, Frua, and Freiya) So, obviously some things that don't quite apply here (fertility, gold), but beauty, war, and to a certain extent, love sort of *do* apply in that Irelia has that goody-goodness aspect about her. I mean the reason Freya immediately sprang to mind was that in Seiken Densetsu 3, when you went Light -> Light class changes with Lise/Riesz, your ultimate spell was "summon Freya" (her light dark was Marduk, Dark Light was Joromungand, and Dark Dark was Fenrir), so I decided to google Freya and how she applied. But yes, I do think Freya comes closest here.
: Irelia is fucking aids to play against
The data completely disagrees with you. If you don't think you're advantaged against a 44% W/R champion in solo queue, you're awful.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 2
What kind of nonsense is this regarding Irelia? She has among the lowest winrates in any lane she plays in solo queue at *any* play level, regularly falls through P/B in LCK and LCS, and plenty of individuals on any board have stated that laning with her feels like an awful experience, especially in top lane. Furthermore, why is the heuristic for determining pro play presence so rudimentary? How is a company earning billions in revenue simply giving a checkmark to whether or not a champion appears in P/B? How is a red side last pick "nobody picked my counter" valued identically to "THIS POWER PICK IS OPEN, SLAM IT" first pick blue side? Furthermore, how does contribution to team damage count towards this? How do you reconcile the fact that as you continue to try and hamper Irelia's pro presence, that you might as well remove her from the game as a serious pick for the vast majority of the League of Legends playing population? Remember when Akali crested below 40% win rate in solo queue? Is this the goal here? Is she supposed to be a mid-tier pro pick, and completely absent from the hands of anybody else, like Garen is supposed to be a mid-tier pick for low ELO play, and absent elsewhere? Or, as I saw on /r/ireliaMains : Riot: Let's release a skill-expressive champion! Pros: _express skill_ Riot: **NERF THAT. NOW.** Furthermore, assuming Riot achieves their goal of reining in her presence in pro play, that'd essentially mean she'd need to be rebuffed since she'd be absolutely bottom of the barrel in solo, and not highly represented in pro. Why not just bite the bullet, and be happy that pro play sees a perennial presence of a champion that's aesthetically amazing to watch for the people in TV-land, give a second look to how you analyze pick/ban data in pro, while creating a champion that the vast majority of people wouldn't just be reported for feeding on in the game that the vast majority of individuals play across the world? Overall, I think this is a huge failure from Riot here. The idea that you have to completely destroy a champion because a few select individuals whose literal job it is to play the game for more time than is healthy for most human beings to do can competently play a champion in certain situations just seems so utterly bizarre to me.
: Would Morgana be seen as an enemy or ally to Atreus/Pantheon?
Really leaning heavily towards ally. She's trying to help the little people, even if she's a bit edgy and goth-y. New Morgana is absolutely precious and anyone that opposes her needs smiting.
tamaya (NA)
: The same degree of chance as {{champion:238}} ×{{champion:134}}
That actually has more of a chance. Zed isn't a lunatic, and Syndra's been mistreated her entire life.
: Year of the Helmet bros
Well, helmet bros and helmet sis.
: AkailXKayn Riot is there any chance of this?
She has a special interaction for Kayn, which amounts to "Y I K E S". "Ugh, Kayn. Why are the hot ones always crazy?"
Adayics (NA)
: PROJECT: Jinx, Is it too late
Yeah, this Jinx skin is disappointing for sure.
: Honestly, it's about time that Jinx wasn't the center of attention when being released in a group skin line.
I mean Kayn was the legendary for Odyssey, though she was center stage in Star Guardians--albeit the "good but rebellious" Jinx persona that she shares with skins like Odyssey and maybe ambitious elf? Her PROJECT skin is actually *darker* than her base, since the power went out while she was undergoing the PROJECTization process. To say she has some screws loose is an understatement, and she might be a sleeper agent for Program.
: PROJECT:Outsiders story???
Looks like there isn't :( :( :( That Vi/Jhin/Vayne short story was so badass. I think the reason being is that Riot is kind of bad with feels trip stories. Like outside Confessions of a Broken Blade, they're good at "holy shit that was cool", but not as good with "can I give this character a hug? Or a hundred?". And in this case, well, let's look at the lineup: Warwick: obvious antagonistic monster. Pyke: memory-fried undead/reassembled vigilante. Probably not the guy you want as the POV/central character, because it's kind of hard to elicit sympathy for someone like that. Jinx: brain-damaged psycho. Akali: probably *can't* go into her thoughts because there's some implication she's a double/triple agent from Pyke's special interactions. That leaves...Irelia. And her bios (PROJECT + Prestige) mean that the story would be solemn and feels heavy rather than the sort of city noir badass kind of shtick that Vi, as a cop, gets, for instance, and I'm not sure that's all that easy for Riot to do. I'd like to be proven wrong because I was eagerly anticipating another PROJECT story.
: How are {{champion:163}} and {{champion:15}} fighting the darkin? {{champion:15}} is messed up in the whole Azir Vs. Xerath mess. And {{champion:163}} is also involved with that, plus some stuff with noxus and ionia. The people who are fighting the Darkin are the aspects, pantheon, the order of the shadow, and maybe nasus.
Darkins = Shurima. Sivir/Taliyah = Shurima. There's the possibility, is all =P
Reav3 (NA)
: Damn I missed these kinds or Morde posts. Glad to see your back at MM!
This is why you guys needed to bring MM into the office and have him come up with metal names for Morde's kit! Also, you a fan of Guilty Gear, Reav3?
Falrein (EUW)
: > Because lorewise, she's basically a teenager hellbent on revenge against everyone Is she? Last time I checked, she swore she would not be controlled, not that she would destroy Ionia, or kill anyone? If anything, she's lacking a goal right now. > for the actions of a few well-intentioned people Her family? Bullied her. Her mentor? Sealed her powers without her knowledge and consent. The very fcking land? Emprisoned her. Everyone who happened in The Dreaming Pool? Her jailor, someone who tried to kill her, and someone who wanted to use her. > and is extremely socially stunted. Yeaaaaah I can't blame her for that, it's not like anyone ever tried to give her a chance or anything.
Last time I checked, she said "you're Ionians, so you're my enemies", or something to that extent. She's...not friendly, to put it lightly.
: [Controversial] Who I think could have the best written lore in league if they got more added
Depends what you're going for. Morgana, Irelia, and Riven are all very good candidates for extremely sympathetic protagonists dealing with challenges both external and internal (Irelia and Riven definitely have mental health issues), virtuous personalities, and at least some connection to the world around them. That said, their stories would be solemn and massive hits to the feels. All three of them are still in need of many more hugs (and lore entries) than they're received thus far. If you're going for something badass but light-hearted, I'd have to say Vi. Fun personality, chasing around her rogues gallery as motivation, definite strengths and weaknesses that result from her punch first, ask questions while punching MO, and certainly connections to plenty of people including several other champions--Jinx and Cait in particular, but Ziggs one spot removed from Jinx if the Ziggs/Jinx comic is canon. Going by the checklist, Vi basically has all the elements in spades necessary for a lot of fun lore. Wukong is pretty self-explanatory as well. He's the classic shounen anime hero. He's basically start-of-Dragonball-Z Goku, except that rather than finding himself in a happy, peaceful setting aside from a rival, or obstacle to overcome, all of Ionia is basically one big barrel of hurt, pain, and sad right now, which would make for a different take on your classic shounen story. That, and wukong's a monkey vastaya. He's a bit lacking in connections to other champions, though. If you want to go for badass female protagonists that aren't Vi, you have Sivir and Taliyah trying to fight against darkins, Xerath, all of the other dangers in Shurima, and potentially Cassiopeia. Katarina also has the potential to go that route if you want to go "the bad vs. the evil" route in Noxus, but she's not exactly a sympathetic character, what with being a Noxian. Oh--there's also Leona X(XX?) Diana. Bunch of angst and tragic love on the mountain in that direction. I mean it's so close to Shakespearean that Eclipse Leona even recites Shakespeare-ish stuff at Diana! And then you get representation in the package as well, so it's a win all around.
: Zed x Syndra is one of those ships that I saw one really cute comic of but beyond that don't really believe would actually work or make sense. They haven't really addressed exactly WHAT role Syndra will have, they've basically just acknowledged that she will have a role, which is a little annoying. That, and it felt really weird that they had to find an excuse to take her out of the story for the duration of the war. And then the land...swallowed her up??? What? I appreciate the world-building of the story to free her, but overall it felt weird that she had to be taken out of the story in such an awkward way.
Because lorewise, she's basically a teenager hellbent on revenge against everyone for the actions of a few well-intentioned people with vastly too much power, and is extremely socially stunted. She's closer to a force of nature than she is a character.
Rioter Comments
: Patch 9.15 notes
When does Irelia get solo queue buffs?
: Punk Rocker skin idea to oppose K/DA?
You mean Pentakill? Suqling (now working at Riot HK) even drew a series with that crossover, and it was really wholesome.
: ***
Errr, what about dragonblade Riven, aviator Irelia, and K/DA Akali?
usul1202 (NA)
: Fast food in runeterra?
Oh, as for who has the best fast food? I'm an absolute sucker for ramen. So Ionia pls.
: > [{quoted}](name=IlyaK1986,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=aaHYgvgt,comment-id=0005000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-27T02:13:39.622+0000) > > I mean you can have the champions interact *with* the world. What do Ionians do for entertainment? Well, show it off by having Riven's adoptive parents take her to see a dance performance--in which Irelia gets a solo performance in gorgeous silk-dancing regalia (cue Riven blush and nosebleed =P). > > How do Piltovans invest their money? Well, you could have Vi buy some shares of a blue-chip international trading firm that Cait or Jayce told her about (inb4 Jinx blows up one of the ships...because Jinx). > > What do Freljordians do for entertainment, aside from get plastered on the strongest stuff? You could have Sejuani actually taking a break from being a hard-headed badass all the time and show her having some fun for once. > > And so on. So... precisely what I'd said above? >..._but I agree with our current direction to focus on getting more stories featuring characters and champions first, with the **worldbuilding supporting** them._
Yes, precisely :D Just spitballing some ideas ^_^
Rαy (EUW)
: So if there is fan art like this
Same way that Prestige Evelynn first looked like Karen despite there being some absolutely jaw-dropping fanart of what Prestige Eve might look like. Riot seems really out of touch.
: What if Qiyana isn't a jerk?
She's not a tsundere. In her bio, she cripples her sister. In her color story, she lets a village get slaughtered in another power grab. She's good, she knows it, and she's more egotistical than Draven, who at least finds constructive and productive ways to channel his more...Dravenesque...qualities. If Qiyana fell over and died, little of value would be lost considering she's brought more harm than good to her own people.
: I hope that there is some tasty, fried poros as a delicacy at the Frostguard :)
You vicious, heartless monster! POROS ARE FRIENDS, NOT FOOD!
: > [{quoted}](name=Madjack01,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=aaHYgvgt,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2019-07-26T18:00:57.190+0000) > > Absolutely love posts like these. > Ever considered to make recurring issues about daily trivia in Runeterra? You know, the stuff not made of legends but that make a world feel vibrant and lively. > > I am trying to write an epic/high fantasy story myself and the research I have to do just to make the small things feel right is killing me at times (even though it's very interesting, but sometimes I'm not even sure what exactly to look for). > > Lots of respect for your work. Thank you, and from one worldbuilder to another, good luck with all your current and future research rabbit-holes! I'd love to do something more worldbuilding-focused for players, but I agree with our current direction to focus on getting more stories featuring characters and champions first, with the worldbuilding supporting them, as the majority of players (I believe) aren't quite as focused on the background as you and I :)
I mean you can have the champions interact *with* the world. What do Ionians do for entertainment? Well, show it off by having Riven's adoptive parents take her to see a dance performance--in which Irelia gets a solo performance in gorgeous silk-dancing regalia (cue Riven blush and nosebleed =P). How do Piltovans invest their money? Well, you could have Vi buy some shares of a blue-chip international trading firm that Cait or Jayce told her about (inb4 Jinx blows up one of the ships...because Jinx). What do Freljordians do for entertainment, aside from get plastered on the strongest stuff? You could have Sejuani actually taking a break from being a hard-headed badass all the time and show her having some fun for once. And so on.
: @Riot, How many Ionians can speak to outsiders?
So, if you read Riven's 3-part story, she fully understands the judge. Yasuo is able to communicate effectively with Taliyah (Shuriman). Irelia has character-specific taunts to Riven and Swain (Noxians, well...former Noxian for Riven), among others. As for Noxus, they're far closer to *Rome*. You know, what with a conquering empire and all. As for "which Ionians are able to hold a conversation with outsiders", the answer seems to be "some of them". Namely, at least some of the champions (Irelia, I'd imagine some of the ninjas). Someone that's just a basic farmer probably isn't fluent in foreign languages, and may not even be literate, but we don't really have much detail about how much education citizens in *any* nation in Runeterra really receive.
: Hoping for more PROJECT content
PROJECT really needs more lore. The Vi/Vayne/Jhin one was amazing.
Ryushiin (NA)
: For one of the biggest skin lines I’m surprised Bloodmoon has no legendaries
The thing about legendary skins is that they get special voiceovers based on the lore of the universe, that might not even make sense for their base skin. PROJECT has a bunch of legendaries because it has a much different plot, so some of its characters are sort of mouthpieces for the lore in that world. Blood moon, on the other hand, basically has zero plot/worldbuilding to speak of (there's one Sivir short story which seems like all sorts of horror/mindfuck, which would probably make for some very creepy VO), so it's just a case of alternate costumes.
Terozu (NA)
: Uhhh, measuring them has it come out with them being minorly short? Your thigh when brought up to your chest should have your knee almost reach your lips without moving your head. Hers don't _quite_ reach her chin without her head tilted down, so her thighs should actually be _very_ slightly longer.
Uhhh, I just tried this. Maybe because I'm on the shorter end (5'4" for a guy), but my knee only reaches my shoulder, let alone my lips. Maybe for taller people, the knee goes to their lips? In any case, it just might be a case of perspective, with her shoulder pad making her torso look smaller compared to her thighs. Weird!
: Friendly reminder that Akali's hands are bigger than Gragas's feets.
Again, in-game models are exaggerated for gameplay clarity. I'm talking splash art.
Show more

IlyaK1986

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion