: Can somebody explain to me how level 3 Irelia with no items 1-combos me and chases me down 100-0?
Psh r%%%%% you should of just walked away shes 5 movement speed slower than before LMAO!
: the requirements for "fortune favors tons of damage" are a bit absurd, especially for support mains
: Don't you see this is a long con plan of their's? They even said the first URF caused a big dip of players leaving after it was done So they want people to hate URF, making it frustrating as possible, thus slowly being able to phase it out for good {{sticker:sg-ezreal}} CLEARLY this is a TOTALLY reasonable line of logic! _--puts on tin foil hat --_
> [{quoted}](name=2nd Chance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yXWs0liT,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-29T06:01:09.024+0000) > > Don't you see this is a long con plan of their's? > > They even said the first URF caused a big dip of players leaving after it was done > > So they want people to hate URF, making it frustrating as possible, thus slowly being able to phase it out for good > > {{sticker:sg-ezreal}} > > CLEARLY this is a TOTALLY reasonable line of logic! > > _--puts on tin foil hat --_ I don't think you need the tin foil hat, makes perfect sense to me *puts on aluminium foil hat*
Rioter Comments
Dynikus (NA)
: >I made a smurf to help with my investigation. I encountered new players certainly but not nearly as many in the past where you would have entire games filled with only new players. This isn't going to provide any real information to your investigation because you're not a genuinely new player, making the mistakes and playing how a new player would. Riot has a fairly good way to identify new players versus smurfs, and after just a few games, you'll be matched appropriately with either other new players if you're new, or other smurfs if you're not. I've seen this posted several times where a long time player tries to make a smurf to evaluate the new player experience, but it simply doesn't work.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=elWj8lUQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-17T04:08:20.071+0000) > > This isn't going to provide any real information to your investigation because you're not a genuinely new player, making the mistakes and playing how a new player would. Riot has a fairly good way to identify new players versus smurfs, and after just a few games, you'll be matched appropriately with either other new players if you're new, or other smurfs if you're not. > I've seen this posted several times where a long time player tries to make a smurf to evaluate the new player experience, but it simply doesn't work. Playing badly puts you in the same situation regardless as I have tried it differently for more accuracy. They do sift it out a bit but, when you play badly it still puts you against very "good" players who come to shit stomp noobs.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
GigglesO (NA)
: Used to be that tank stats > Damage early Damage > Tank late Now its just Damage> everything else* *Unless you somehow get super fed on cho or sion.
> [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lfsWj1Jo,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-06T03:26:10.481+0000) > > Used to be that tank stats > Damage early > Damage > Tank late > > Now its just > Damage> everything else* > > *Unless you somehow get super fed on cho or sion. Which has damage.
: It's not a meme: Balance has really tamed my addiction to this game
Riot refuses to listen, sorry mate. Maybe post it on reddit they might care a bit then.
Infernape (EUW)
: Season 7 ardent meta is stuck in a lot of people's mind. I don't hate ADCs (it's actually my second favourite role), I just do not want the game to hinge on which bot lane won or lost like it has in the past. Crit marksmen do need some form of buff, hell crit needs reworking imo (relying on RNG for damage isn't the most balanced thing). However they do not need to be made incredibly dominant. I personally think a lot of marksmen would be better off if everything didn't do a shit ton of damage.
> [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2lOpt8s4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-04T12:11:05.248+0000) > > Season 7 ardent meta is stuck in a lot of people's mind. > > I don't hate ADCs (it's actually my second favourite role), I just do not want the game to hinge on which bot lane won or lost like it has in the past. > > Crit marksmen do need some form of buff, hell crit needs reworking imo (relying on RNG for damage isn't the most balanced thing). However they do not need to be made incredibly dominant. I personally think a lot of marksmen would be better off if everything didn't do a shit ton of damage. They need teams not buffs.... Everyone is just going full damage and neglecting the ADC in this meta. The ADC walks into a fight the tank has knights vow on the adc, brand hits E R, the adc gets blown up in the burst of the brand ult and dies instantly. Now that 2.8k gold that the tank used on the adc is now wasted as he died instantly. So the top lane doesnt go tank and instead goes darius to kill brand after the adc is dead and now the adc has even less peel and tankiness.
nonstart (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2lOpt8s4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-04T12:11:05.248+0000) > > Season 7 ardent meta is stuck in a lot of people's mind. > > I don't hate ADCs (it's actually my second favourite role), I just do not want the game to hinge on which bot lane won or lost like it has in the past. > > Crit marksmen do need some form of buff, hell crit needs reworking imo (relying on RNG for damage isn't the most balanced thing). True I don’t like crit as an adc main I wish the champs were more ability based rather then rng so it would take skill to play and be good at but everytime I try and bring it up or talk about it people are just like f*** adcs they should be weak.
> [{quoted}](name=nonstart,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2lOpt8s4,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-04T12:14:25.066+0000) > > True I don’t like crit as an adc main I wish the champs were more ability based rather then rng so it would take skill to play and be good at but everytime I try and bring it up or talk about it people are just like f*** adcs they should be weak. Well some games my adc ints their fucking heads off and me going 6-1 in lane doesnt matter as much. Sometimes I play support and my brother adcs and we go 6-1 in lane but the fucking fed irelia comes bot lane and one shots us level 6. Or the irelia thats 0-2 one shots us at level 10. The adc role seems to be utterly worthless and a burden to both teams unless its one shotting you otherwise its completely unnoticeable. I've had countless game where the adc fed or the adc got fed and had no fucking idea what to do so we lost. The adc matters too much to the point that a good enemy one ruins your game but a bad one on your team also ruins the fucking game.
jotarowo (EUNE)
: im laughing with yi cuz its so true.i remember a game where my jgler was a yi and the dude was braindead,he was useless didnt gank any1 and was feeding early then late game he was cutting all the enemies like butter kek.
> [{quoted}](name=AceFromGorillaz,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8gN68J9X,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-04T00:09:11.853+0000) > > im laughing with yi cuz its so true.i remember a game where my jgler was a yi and the dude was braindead,he was useless didnt gank any1 and was feeding early then late game he was cutting all the enemies like butter kek. Bro I just had a game where i got fed super hard as darius and this 0-2 yi ended up carrying the game and doing 52k true damage in the end game charts. I couldnt build shit to stop him.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Infernape (EUW)
: {{champion:79}} checkmate.
> [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=wznK6gzb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-03T08:57:15.231+0000) > > {{champion:79}} checkmate. fuck you got me
Terozu (NA)
: Bitch I border Canada.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=wznK6gzb,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-02T22:49:34.176+0000) > > Bitch I border Canada. You only border Canada????? Damn southerners.
Terozu (NA)
: bih?
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=wznK6gzb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-02T13:48:29.178+0000) > > bih? You dont know what a thic bih is? Damn southerners.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: The old one was worse. It heavily taxed kills when cs and objectives were more valuable.
> [{quoted}](name=haaaaaaalp,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aVfA3we3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-29T04:26:37.371+0000) > > The old one was worse. It heavily taxed kills when cs and objectives were more valuable. In the least they can simply make it more consistent.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Madjack01 (EUW)
: Objectives should deal more damage
dude last fucking game it literally went..... enemy mia for 3 seconds they did baron.... they rotate to elder in the time it took me to go from mid to elder they took elder... all of them full fucking hp and all of them now with double buffs..... (ryze ult helped them rotate fast)
Rioter Comments
Mordius (NA)
: Each class's power changes throughout the game. ADC are innately late game. But no one seems to care about that.
> [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TVnuNobh,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-12-23T17:05:04.001+0000) > > Each class's power changes throughout the game. ADC are innately late game. > But no one seems to care about that. They keep buffing adcs to make them early game but they never fall off so its just a constant raid on all other classes all game
Wind234 (NA)
: In terms of agency - i.e. how much impact you have on a game - I'd go with the following: 1. Fighters - they typically have plenty of tools to get up in your face, but unlike tanks, they also have the damage to take down just about anybody. If you know what you're doing with them, they're probably the easiest class to actually carry a game with, since they're not usually team reliant and they typically have a good deal of survivability in their kits or items. A good number of the strongest champions in the game right now are fighters, either in top or jungle (especially in jungle), and when they snowball, they're practically impossible to shut down. 2. Tanks - although most of them aren't doing the best right now, the massive amounts of crowd control they pack in their kits alone makes their presence noteworthy in a game. A good tank player is going to find themselves right in the thick of things and causing as much disruption as possible, and although they don't have the raw damage that other classes have, they can be quite a proper pain. If you don't have any form of penetration on your team, then good luck dealing with them. 3. Supports - traditional supports these days also aren't doing the absolute best, but there's no denying that they can't be ignored. Especially in the early game, when they can heal back any damage you try to do to their carry and you don't yet have the power to stop it, they can make laning a major pain. And later on in the game, their CC and peel can completely shut down aggressive plays. It's true that most of them are squishy, but their items and kits usually help to mitigate this with all kinds of fancy things. 4. Mages - with probably the most pure, raw damage output of any class in the game, mages have an advantage of attacking from range and, most of the time, doing massive damage to any poor sucker caught in their spells. They also sometimes come with some form of CC, like a stun or root, that makes landing their combos easier. However, I didn't rank them higher because they come with some pretty big drawbacks - they're item reliant, for one thing, and run out of mana pretty fast in the early game, most of them are squishy and don't fair well when someone manages to jump on them, and if they're not able to score a kill once burning their rotation, they're pretty helpless until things come off cooldown. 5. Assassins - now before I'm crucified, I will say, I think assassins are pretty powerful right now. Whether that's a meta thing, an item problem, a problem with individual champions or some combination thereof, it's hard to deny that some assassins are doing very, very well. However, what makes me place them this low is that they've only got one real job, and if they can't perform it, then they're useless. Assassins excel at taking out single targets or finishing off weakened one, but this absolutely requires them to do well in the lane phase. If they get set back, then they're not going to be of any help whatsoever. If you know what you're doing, then they can easily run off with a game, but if you get unlucky or can't get a lead, then you're barely going to have an impact. 6. Marksmen - this might be controversial, but I truly do believe that marksmen have the least agency of all classes. Not because they aren't important - as a matter of fact, some people would claim that they're too important because "every team needs a marksman." And this is actually what puts them this low; everyone is gunning for them as a matter of principal. A late-game marksman is one of the scariest things to face....but it's so very rare for them to get to that point. Marksman have SO many weaknesses that can be exploited - they're squishy, extremely item AND team reliant, most have little or no CC in their kits, so they can't do anything to protect themselves, and those that do have their CC on their ultimates, and even if they get to late game, they're still extremely fragile, so one misstep and they WILL get blown up by the enemy mage or assassin or fighter. There's a handful of exceptions, but most of them are in the same boat.
I think you flopped marksmen and tanks if not then flop it with fighters...... Needing a marksman every game gives them the MOST agency.... The higher elo you get the more you need them, no matter the meta marksmen are always there, no matter the meta marksmen players are top of the charts challenger (exempt top mains because of all the adc mains in high elo getting auto filled top)
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Tennousu (NA)
: He is getting an indirect buff with the new Death's Dance; 15% of all damage dealt now applies to the damage done by your ghouls, maiden, and the % hp magic damage when you attack the same target as the maiden.
> [{quoted}](name=Tennousu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jyAvGykn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-10T03:55:11.765+0000) > > He is getting an indirect buff with the new Death's Dance; 15% of all damage dealt now applies to the damage done by your ghouls, maiden, and the % hp magic damage when you attack the same target as the maiden. DD isn't exactly a yorick item considering how he goes for a more traditional tank build, Maybe if very far ahead but even then. He can't lane against many bruisers and can only lane against considerably weak tanks. He needs to be able to out-duel most bruisers so he can get his early game pressure out and the tower plating nerfs him because his power came from actually TAKING the tower instead of getting gold for pushing it.
: Cancer??? The champion has counter play to everyone of his abilities... The wall can be autoed/dodged and his minions die in one Auto. He just hard counters those champions.
> [{quoted}](name=CHEWYARMS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jyAvGykn,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-12-10T00:09:19.701+0000) > > Cancer??? The champion has counter play to everyone of his abilities... > > The wall can be autoed/dodged and his minions die in one Auto. > > He just hard counters those champions. His E is miss able and when you dodge it he doesnt have any damage income from ghouls
: > [{quoted}](name=CHEWYARMS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jyAvGykn,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-12-10T00:09:19.701+0000) > > Cancer??? The champion has counter play to everyone of his abilities... > > The wall can be autoed/dodged and his minions die in one Auto. > > He just hard counters those champions. Try autoing the wall when you get hit by his E and all his Ghouls are on top of you. If that is not enough, Yorick and the maiden also stand on top of you. With so much shit in the way it is impossible to right click the wall. Thats why Yorick is cancer.
> [{quoted}](name=After3perma,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jyAvGykn,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-10T08:05:34.649+0000) > > Try autoing the wall when you get hit by his E and all his Ghouls are on top of you. If that is not enough, Yorick and the maiden also stand on top of you. With so much shit in the way it is impossible to right click the wall. Thats why Yorick is cancer. Try playing against a yasuo or irelia as yorick. Now try against a darius, A illaoi, A fiora.... Any champion that can duel out duels him with more scaling now a days...
: First change Yorick so he isn’t cancer to face as an immobile melee champion first, then we’ll talk buffs.
> [{quoted}](name=After3perma,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jyAvGykn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-09T23:21:36.045+0000) > > First change Yorick so he isn’t cancer to face as an immobile melee champion first, then we’ll talk buffs. Every champion has their niche.... Teemo is cancer as an immobile melee champion, Vayne is cancer as an immobile melee champion, Darius is cancer as an immobile melee champion, Irelia is cancer as an immobile melee champion, Mordekaiser is cancer as an immobile melee champion, the list goes on and i havent even tapped into mages.... Its impossible to make a champion viable but be weak to immobile melee champions as that means that mobile melee champions and ranged champions can just faceroll bully him into the ground even harder since he wouldnt have the same dueling potential...
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=cute egirl janna,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=FG361gI5,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-22T23:23:49.074+0000) > > If you're talking about Zoe, she honestly is kinda weak right now. She's always frustrating to play just because the way her kit was made, but shes significantly weaker than most midlaners currently. She's cancer and needs to be in the gutter to not spread tumors all over the rift.
> [{quoted}](name=Blåbæret,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=FG361gI5,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-10-22T23:50:18.419+0000) > > She's cancer and needs to be in the gutter to not spread tumors all over the rift. I think kai sa is more deserving
: Sion is busted. My buddy was playing zed the other day (his fault for locking in that champion tho) Mid way through lane phase he stopped and was like Sion does the same amount of damage and has a sheild. Feelsbad man
> [{quoted}](name=ApollyonBainer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0O1Eazjx,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-23T20:02:22.141+0000) > > Sion is busted. My buddy was playing zed the other day (his fault for locking in that champion tho) > Mid way through lane phase he stopped and was like Sion does the same amount of damage and has a sheild. Feelsbad man Zed has more mobility and gains more damage over time with more potential and less counterplay.... You are comparing Kog maw to Talon essentially
: How to tell someone doesn’t play ADCs: they say zeal MS is on par with assassin mobility. Without the movement speed, ADCs. A t kite. Without being able to kite, they can’t function, as they can be killed even easier then the already minimal effort it takes, all while putting out even less damage than now. They aren’t a class that’s dedicated to “blowing people up”. Sure, some will have a bit more burst damage than others, but mages are a burst class and they have sustained damage playstyles. ADCs are dps champs. Without the movement speed they need, that stop being that entirely, and there’s is no reason to pick them. Oh, and some extra movement speed isn’t really in any way “self peel” You say removing MS from zeal would make Yas and Tryndamere easier to deal with, even though both of those champs already have mobility. And I didn’t give a more in depth response before because a) I’m on my phone, and b) that’s really all the response this kind of a suggestion and post needs.
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iHvdAdEB,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-14T06:43:24.434+0000) > > How to tell someone doesn’t play ADCs: they say zeal MS is on par with assassin mobility. > > Without the movement speed, ADCs. A t kite. Without being able to kite, they can’t function, as they can be killed even easier then the already minimal effort it takes, all while putting out even less damage than now. > > They aren’t a class that’s dedicated to “blowing people up”. Sure, some will have a bit more burst damage than others, but mages are a burst class and they have sustained damage playstyles. > > ADCs are dps champs. Without the movement speed they need, that stop being that entirely, and there’s is no reason to pick them. > > Oh, and some extra movement speed isn’t really in any way “self peel” > > You say removing MS from zeal would make Yas and Tryndamere easier to deal with, even though both of those champs already have mobility. > > And I didn’t give a more in depth response before because a) I’m on my phone, and b) that’s really all the response this kind of a suggestion and post needs. I played adc.... I stopped playing them with the release of kai sa..... Im playing the game therefore whether or not i am playing adcs i have the power to make active comparisons to them and other champions.... I currently play mainly support and I witness the speed of adcs as I speed them up more, shield them, peel for them, or heal them..... Dont just assume I dont play adc just because i think they move too fast.... Both my brothers play adc, I have first hand experience watching them and hearing what they say.... You think just because im not jerking off kai sa for being "balanced" or saying how its amazingly great of riot to make a champion like tristana have reset able dashes with tons of self peel and self steriods....
: That’s about one of the worst ideas I’ve seen.
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iHvdAdEB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-14T01:44:54.968+0000) > > That’s about one of the worst ideas I’ve seen. Not constructive, doesnt help, perhaps try actually helping instead of just telling me that its a flawed idea.... Its a problem of consistent self peeling massive damage loading adcs being the only thing that ever matters late game is what im talking about i feel as though removing the ms on crit items would help greatly especially with champs like trynd or yas who can just walk away after split pushing with minimal effort//// If you want to help then please give insight, if not then why say anything at all.
: > [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iHvdAdEB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-14T01:44:54.968+0000) > > That’s about one of the worst ideas I’ve seen. i jusst have to log in to upvote the straight up brutal honesty in that one statement lol
> [{quoted}](name=MagiKyubi27,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iHvdAdEB,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-14T02:01:05.007+0000) > > i jusst have to log in to upvote the straight up brutal honesty in that one statement lol I have a question. For a class that is supposed to give out straight damage why on earth does it make sense for them to get self peel on items passively? Why does it make sense for a class dedicated to blowing people up to have self peel and the most mobility in the game next to assassins (if not more depending on the adc).....
: You're complaining about the wrong thing. This isn't a problem with mobility creep (since mobility hasn't actually increased recently), it's a problem with the fact, for NO REASON, Poppy got a fucking 10% nerf to her W's MS alongside nerfs to its defensive buff.
> [{quoted}](name=Knickolas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ua95Z8jl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-14T02:09:55.662+0000) > > You're complaining about the wrong thing. This isn't a problem with mobility creep (since mobility hasn't actually increased recently), it's a problem with the fact, for NO REASON, Poppy got a fucking 10% nerf to her W's MS alongside nerfs to its defensive buff. I realize thats a problem aswell considering how her WR was based on her pure damage and they basically forced it more by limiting her defensive capabilities.
: ADCS are so weak!
back to the good old times where you play a tank and pray to the gods that you didnt get a retarded adc
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=ankoanko19,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hgrXTX8E,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-13T10:30:34.117+0000) > > Notice also that that there are only 4 champs with real mobility ( zed, ez, ziggs and corki) yet mobile champs are apparently far superiour in every aspect including dmg than non mobile champs according to the boards. https://imgur.com/gallery/ojrQv Yeah indeed. Mage bias at it's finest.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hgrXTX8E,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-13T10:34:08.830+0000) > > Yeah indeed. > > Mage bias at it's finest. Hey vro i dont wanna be that guy but, the meta shifts, people find ways to counter their ad counter parts and mobility creep. Brand can ult W Q before getting one shot and *pop* he did his job. Ziggs can get a team of five to 1/2 their hp instantly and *pop* dead or not he did his job... along with karthus even when hes DEAD hes still doing his job! Teemo has pressure through death and can prevent adcs from murking him via blind, kennen murks mobility in every way possible with his aoe stun, viktor scales hella hard, murks mobility, and has a lot of suitability options. Mages have more variety and adaptability in the whole class overall. It seems although staying out of a adc's tradional range is meta in most parts / being able to power through/ get the job done before assassination (vlad, Karthus) it almost seems like...................... THESE MAGES COUNTER CLOSE RANGE ADCS WITH LOTS OF TRADIONAL POWER AND ASSASSINS SO JUST MAYBE maybe it's the champ pool adjusting to the power of adcs.... I bet we will see a rise of tanks with these more ap focused champions... we will see another rise of adcs and with them assassins and with them mages who can survive or do damage before they die quickly.,....
: Please avoid posting 747 turbine jokes on the Boards!
Are you saying RIOTERS ARENT SETTING A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR THIS COMMUNITY.... i would love to understand why this is against the rules but rioters can do as they please in other social platforms involving such comments.
: > [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BR73WK8K,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-04T14:51:26.681+0000) > > Case one is discrimination against a large portion of Riot's playerbase, aka the players whose payments made that event possible to begin with. The majority of the player base doesn't attend PAX... At most, a few hundred guys were inconvenienced. Furthermore, the panel that the debacle is referring to is _specifically a panel aimed to open a QA session with females interested in pursuing careers at Riot to talk to female Rioters._ Guys didn't really need to attend this panel because it's not aimed at them - they're just upset that they weren't allowed in for 2 hours, and honestly, it's a bit unmerited. Literally all of Riot's other panels were wide open, with their largest showroom next door open to everyone. This panel was specifically so women could ask female Rioters about working at Riot and get honest, frank answers about the work environment. I can see how allowing men into this panel would have warped responses or led to a lot of trolling and heckling from the community that would have interfered with the panel on the whole. Riot's aim was to turn their culture around and attract more women to the company. Having frank discussions with already employed women can go a long way for potential candidates to consider if they wanted to work there. Sure, Riot's current scandals didn't set the best stage for the nature of this panel, and it was executed poorly, and Riot's social media people handled it INCREDIBLY BADLY, but on the whole, this panel had a specific purpose that it was set to accomplish and men weren't the target audience for it. It stands to reason that they would speak to their target audience first, without interruptions from their non-target audience, in their efforts to open the recruitment process for women. It's not like this was a destination panel at the convention. It wasn't. It was frankly an insignificant panel in the scope of everything, and literally the entire remainder of the convention was open to everyone - so it's stupid and pointless for guys to get upset that for like 2 hours they weren't allowed in a recruitment panel... > > Case two was a hitpiece about a few individuals lived experiences. Case two, the Kotaku article, has been verified by numerous employees and went so far as to elicit an apology statement and a new mission directive from Riot games - for that to have been a "hit piece about a few individuals," it certainly struck a hard enough chord with Riot where they felt they needed to address it head on. This clearly wasn't just a few isolated incidents given Riot's reaction, and it's clearly been a recurring, insidious problem at their company. And the fact of the matter is, there was a lot of victim blaming and kickback from this community when those scandals came to light. People did a lot of defending on Riot, of shaming the people who were part of the article and Kotaku itself, and people did pretty much everything they could to try to discredit this article. There wasn't just silence, no, there was flat out disbelief, cynicism, and just overall nastiness from the community in which they thought it was all horseshit and told everyone as much anytime they could. > > Sorry that I'm more pissed if someone say fuck you into my face than when someone says it to someone else. So in the scope of things, an article is released, basically causes Riot to admit their sleazy nature to the point where they put out an apology and a new mission statement - the community tries desperately to discredit everything and brush the scandal under the rug. People still don't believe that the article is true, and are throwing around social justice as the cause. This entire scandal has been met with disdain and aggression, and disbelief. It's "just a hit piece" and sensational news is all people call it. Then there's a panel, a specifically directed panel to recruit women so they can discuss the climate for working at Riot with women already working at Riot, and guys have to delay for about 2 hours to go into the panel, despite the fact that everything else Riot has is open to them. Sure, assholes at Riot say stupid shit on social media, but it's trivial. This entire two hour delay, for a panel that isn't even relevant, or hell, interesting to guys at a fucking convention, causes this overblown outrage of sexism and hatred towards men. So you tell me what there is to really be outraged about. One inconvenienced guys for like 2 hours at a convention where they had numerous other things they could have done for FUN, and got outrage from all kinds of men. One demeaned, humiliated, and pressured women for YEARS at their place of work, where they HAVE to stay to live in their homes, support their families, etc, and was met with criticism, disbelief, and victim shaming - from men. The OP is very right. This community didn't bat an eyelash to actual sexism that affected people's lives. But the moment some guy can't go where he wants to go (despite the fact that it's not even relevant to him), he throws a fit and claims sexism to the highest degree.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BR73WK8K,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T17:02:27.819+0000) > > The majority of the player base doesn't attend PAX... At most, a few hundred guys were inconvenienced. Furthermore, the panel that the debacle is referring to is _specifically a panel aimed to open a QA session with females interested in pursuing careers at Riot to talk to female Rioters._ Guys didn't really need to attend this panel because it's not aimed at them - they're just upset that they weren't allowed in for 2 hours, and honestly, it's a bit unmerited. Literally all of Riot's other panels were wide open, with their largest showroom next door open to everyone. This panel was specifically so women could ask female Rioters about working at Riot and get honest, frank answers about the work environment. I can see how allowing men into this panel would have warped responses or led to a lot of trolling and heckling from the community that would have interfered with the panel on the whole. Riot's aim was to turn their culture around and attract more women to the company. Having frank discussions with already employed women can go a long way for potential candidates to consider if they wanted to work there. > > Sure, Riot's current scandals didn't set the best stage for the nature of this panel, and it was executed poorly, and Riot's social media people handled it INCREDIBLY BADLY, but on the whole, this panel had a specific purpose that it was set to accomplish and men weren't the target audience for it. It stands to reason that they would speak to their target audience first, without interruptions from their non-target audience, in their efforts to open the recruitment process for women. > > It's not like this was a destination panel at the convention. It wasn't. It was frankly an insignificant panel in the scope of everything, and literally the entire remainder of the convention was open to everyone - so it's stupid and pointless for guys to get upset that for like 2 hours they weren't allowed in a recruitment panel... > > Case two, the Kotaku article, has been verified by numerous employees and went so far as to elicit an apology statement and a new mission directive from Riot games - for that to have been a "hit piece about a few individuals," it certainly struck a hard enough chord with Riot where they felt they needed to address it head on. This clearly wasn't just a few isolated incidents given Riot's reaction, and it's clearly been a recurring, insidious problem at their company. And the fact of the matter is, there was a lot of victim blaming and kickback from this community when those scandals came to light. People did a lot of defending on Riot, of shaming the people who were part of the article and Kotaku itself, and people did pretty much everything they could to try to discredit this article. There wasn't just silence, no, there was flat out disbelief, cynicism, and just overall nastiness from the community in which they thought it was all horseshit and told everyone as much anytime they could. > > So in the scope of things, an article is released, basically causes Riot to admit their sleazy nature to the point where they put out an apology and a new mission statement - the community tries desperately to discredit everything and brush the scandal under the rug. People still don't believe that the article is true, and are throwing around social justice as the cause. This entire scandal has been met with disdain and aggression, and disbelief. It's "just a hit piece" and sensational news is all people call it. > > Then there's a panel, a specifically directed panel to recruit women so they can discuss the climate for working at Riot with women already working at Riot, and guys have to delay for about 2 hours to go into the panel, despite the fact that everything else Riot has is open to them. Sure, assholes at Riot say stupid shit on social media, but it's trivial. This entire two hour delay, for a panel that isn't even relevant, or hell, interesting to guys at a fucking convention, causes this overblown outrage of sexism and hatred towards men. > > So you tell me what there is to really be outraged about. One inconvenienced guys for like 2 hours at a convention where they had numerous other things they could have done for FUN, and got outrage from all kinds of men. One demeaned, humiliated, and pressured women for YEARS at their place of work, where they HAVE to stay to live in their homes, support their families, etc, and was met with criticism, disbelief, and victim shaming - from men. > > The OP is very right. This community didn't bat an eyelash to actual sexism that affected people's lives. But the moment some guy can't go where he wants to go (despite the fact that it's not even relevant to him), he throws a fit and claims sexism to the highest degree. Lol youre the guy who got my post removed because it listed statistical evidence suggesting that women have it easier.
: I'm actually Daniel Klein irl
I want to tear your face off nerd Edit: Better to let you live your cuckold life mooching off of the merciful hand of a society built by the strong forced to cater to the weak.
: Pax west and its effects on the community
u realize they can see the god dang text just by scrolling over it u nub no moar baiting u
Rioter Comments
: NO MORE RP PURCHASES!!!!!
I stopped using riot points ages ago when the game was broken to pieces.... Balance started getting better and i was thinking about but after this whole stupid sexist scandal i would rather save it for a new game or something
: Not even a point in playing the game if your against ahri.
Why the hell did i get my posts removed WHEN THE AHRI PLAYERS WERE BLANTANTLY HARASSING OTHER PLAYERS FOR BEING LOW ELO
Show more

ImGodlyatYasuo

Level 88 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion