GearDevil (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0LXvhw5U,comment-id=00010005000000010001,timestamp=2019-04-13T02:16:55.792+0000) > > Because "ice" can be seen as a modifier just as much as it can be seen as an attempt at wordplay. > > Whenever someone brings up the argument of "but x pro player also breaks the rules", they largely seem to ignore a pertinent issue; _action will not be taken if a report isn't filed._ No report = no review = no offenses found = no punishment. So, if that pro player never gets reported for his screenname, then, guess what? The system isn't going to force him to change it. > > How, by deliberately ignoring the point? Bloodrage Shadow mistook my argument for being that the word "cocoon" was offensive. I pointed out that I never said anything of the sort, and then Midg3t simply repeated one of my arguments - that taking out the first part of whatever word ("rac-" in "raccoon", "co-" in "cocoon", "ice-" in "icecoon", etc.) results in the word "coon", which is a racist slur. > > If that's tearing apart my argument, then everyone in the world who comes up with an argument tears their own points apart all the time. bro if ice is a modifier than so is rac and co. :/ which means cocoon and raccoon is also bannable. ThunderTigerCoon is also a modifier? (thundertiger part) bro your logic is flawed.
> [{quoted}](name=GearDevil,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0LXvhw5U,comment-id=000100050000000100010000,timestamp=2019-04-13T09:26:57.945+0000) > > bro if ice is a modifier than so is rac and co. :/ which means cocoon and raccoon is also bannable. ThunderTigerCoon is also a modifier? (thundertiger part) bro your logic is flawed. Do you actually understand the concept of what a word is? The letters c-o-o-n in sequence are not inherently problematic. Specifically when existing as a fragment of a larger word, such as cocoon or raccoon. You may notice, at this point, that "icecoon" isn't actually a word. It's a name. It has no definition or context to allow readers to understand the meaning. As such, reading it as some variation of "Ice-Coon" is fairly natural, as both segments are themselves complete words. And now the problem is obvious: "coon" by itself is a racial slur. OP's original intent is fairly irrelevant in this context. It doesn't really matter whether they simply weren't aware of the slur or were aware but used it anyways with no ill intent, the end result is that their name is easily readable as a racial slur. Simply saying "but I didn't mean it that way" doesn't change that fact.
: > [{quoted}](name=UnreformedRage,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0LXvhw5U,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000001000100000001,timestamp=2019-04-12T16:28:41.132+0000) > > copy pasting from google's definition is only going to show that it is an abreviation for racoon because google's own terms of service forces them to filter out anything racist homophobic etc. i literally told you why referencing google was a mute point. how was i unclear about it? i can post sites that show it is a racist term. > > https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coon > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coon > https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coon > https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/coon > https://www.yourdictionary.com/coon > > now did you do any research into the word? cuz all you did was post a biased link due to the loophole of google's ToS. 1st. first link is urban dictionary i wont comment on that further. its URBAN DICTIONARY ill add your summoner name there and call it as a racial slur. 2nd. notice how first definitions by wiki are for normal humans btw :) 3rd. notice first definition for sane humans. 4th. notice first definition for sane humans. 5th. notice how first definition is normal and second is labeled as slang. i can make up slang words and say they are racially driven all day. thanks for proving my point. and again. do some research on the word. also i did not make a loophole i hit you with cold hard facts. dont twist this. look up definition of the n word ;) google didnt censore out that now did they? loophole? keep making up lies for your conveniance.
> [{quoted}](name=KittyKàtKàtàrinà,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0LXvhw5U,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000010001000000010000,timestamp=2019-04-12T16:35:57.356+0000) > > 1st. first link is urban dictionary i wont comment on that further. its URBAN DICTIONARY ill add your summoner name there and call it as a racial slur. > > 2nd. notice how first definitions by wiki are for normal humans btw :) > > 3rd. notice first definition for sane humans. > > 4th. notice first definition for sane humans. > > 5th. notice how first definition is normal and second is labeled as slang. i can make up slang words and say they are racially driven all day. > > thanks for proving my point. and again. do some research on the word. also i did not make a loophole i hit you with cold hard facts. dont twist this. look up definition of the n word ;) google didnt censore out that now did they? loophole? keep making up lies for your conveniance. Are... are you legitimately trying to argue that words can only ever have a single meaning?
Vreivai (NA)
: No, you are simply wrong. Rioters coming in and posting another players chat logs is something that happened in the past. It no longer happens. And people post their own chat logs more than "sometimes." They post them the vast majority of the time, either in their original post or when requested, and virtually always unedited. And damn near every time it's pretty clear to regulars of this board why they were punished. Looking at your post history, I can see why you might still think that the former is the case, but things have changed. > [{quoted}](name=ImpossibleGT,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cEIPAEVm,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-26T21:30:20.538+0000) > And if your argument is seriously "people don't know what they're doing is wrong" I don't really know what to say to you. People shouldn't need to be told to not be abusive. It's common sense. If you're looking for sympathy, you're looking in the wrong place. I really hate the term "common sense." It assumes that everyone thinks in the same way and is part of one big monoculture. What is common sense to one person may make no sense to another. What is a universal social norm to one person may be completely different for another. Different people will have different ideas of what sort of communication is and is not abusive. If someone has a different social norm than the one enforced in this game's chat, here we can teach them what about their chat violated the Summoner's Code and how they can change their behavior to avoid doing so again. If, instead of responding in a helpful way, you respond with something like "If you don't understand what you did wrong, I don't know what to say to you" or "Deserved ban good riddance," not only will they be likely to repeat the same behavior, they'll also be less receptive to reforming their behavior in the future. And as for examples of someone not understanding what they did wrong? Here's a recent thread that's a perfect example: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/fpwQh6HA-i-got-called-a-and-received-a-14-day-ban
> [{quoted}](name=Vreivai,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cEIPAEVm,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-27T03:10:11.177+0000) > > I really hate the term "common sense." It assumes that everyone thinks in the same way and is part of one big monoculture. What is common sense to one person may make no sense to another. What is a universal social norm to one person may be completely different for another. Different people will have different ideas of what sort of communication is and is not abusive. Sure is tough not using slurs or insults... oh wait... no it's not. It's actually super easy.
Vreivai (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ImpossibleGT,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cEIPAEVm,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-03-25T03:04:28.027+0000) > > 99/100 times their threads are just straight up full of lies to make themselves look like the victim until some Rioter bothers posting the chat logs. That's true... 4 years ago. Today, most people that post threads on this board post their own chat logs. And yes, I'm sure plenty of them do know what they did wrong. But there are also plenty that genuinely don't know what they did wrong. And it's far more helpful, both to them and the community as a whole, if you respond to them assuming that they do in fact not know what they did wrong rather than responding to them in a way that would get you chat restricted if you did it in game.
> [{quoted}](name=Vreivai,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cEIPAEVm,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-03-25T19:28:49.851+0000) > > That's true... 4 years ago. > > Today, most people that post threads on this board post their own chat logs. And yes, I'm sure plenty of them do know what they did wrong. But there are also plenty that genuinely don't know what they did wrong. And it's far more helpful, both to them and the community as a whole, if you respond to them assuming that they do in fact not know what they did wrong rather than responding to them in a way that would get you chat restricted if you did it in game. It's been true since the game started. It happens every time. Someone makes a "QQ I've been banned thread", a bunch of people upvote and go "OMG RITO SO UNFAIR UNBAN PLZ", finally the thread gets enough attention that a Rioter comes in, posts full chat logs from multiple games proving the ban was right, and finally everyone goes "oh yeah I guess that makes sense then" and we all move on. Every. Single. Time. So yes, sometimes people post their own chat logs and they're always either edited or cherry-picked to make the user look better instead of being an accurate representation of their usual behavior in-game. Look, you can give Riot a bunch of grief for a lot of the decisions they make, but this isn't one of them. 99.9% of the time, people that get banned absolutely deserved it. And if your argument is seriously "people don't know what they're doing is wrong" I don't really know what to say to you. People shouldn't need to be told to not be abusive. It's common sense. If you're looking for sympathy, you're looking in the wrong place.
Vreivai (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=PavLoo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cEIPAEVm,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-03-24T11:57:43.816+0000) > people not understanding why they got banned. This is literally the reason for this board's existence. It's not here for you to feel morally superior to people who have been banned, nor is it here for people to circle jerk about how everyone else is toxic and celebrate people getting banned. It's here to help those who do not understand what they did wrong, so they can avoid committing the same offense in the future.
> [{quoted}](name=Vreivai,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cEIPAEVm,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-03-25T00:00:54.809+0000) > > This is literally the reason for this board's existence. It's not here for you to feel morally superior to people who have been banned, nor is it here for people to circle jerk about how everyone else is toxic and celebrate people getting banned. It's here to help those who do not understand what they did wrong, so they can avoid committing the same offense in the future. Yes... that's why... Let's not pretend. The people that come QQing on the forums after they're banned absolutely know what they did wrong. 99/100 times their threads are just straight up full of lies to make themselves look like the victim until some Rioter bothers posting the chat logs. I've seen that song and dance too many times to care anymore. Anyone that makes a "I was unfairly banned" thread deserves everything that they got.
: QoL - Make abilities which are casted out of range cast at max range
Śhunpo (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=painkills,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YtnOaAE0,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-02-17T14:11:47.060+0000) > > I think another possible explanation is that the game itself evolved. When league started, nobody was thinking about wave control, objective pressure and importance of warding. They were just popping in, trying out characters, items, powers and builds. > > That phase is over. As a community of players, we've largely solved those basic questions and now fun has to be found elsewhere. When there are massive changes (runes reforged) then you are allowed to do weird things again. Once it gets "solved" it's back to "try hard and stick to what's known to work so we can have fun by winning". Then you clearly don't understand the changes Riot has implemented. We went from somewhat strategic and diverse metagames to "Ooooh I can just play Xin or Lucian and one tap my opponent with very little counterplay". Go back and watch previous seasons in the competitive scene and in casual matches (Keyori etc.) shit was dope. Now everyone bloody hates it except the newbies who are playing their first matches (before the smurfs of course). Most of us only play League because every so often we can have a match in these bullshit metagames where it's actually fun and invigorating, where both teams are playing for fun and not to win. Except...even in fun matches the minute things go south you get people who splitpush, which isn't really a fun strat for anyone. But then....neither is getting oneshot or chain CC'd in this metagame since there's very little counterplay to those two aspects of the game. Once they fix damage and runes we might be ok, but I will say Runes Reforged was a mistake.
> [{quoted}](name=Seth L9,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YtnOaAE0,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-02-17T23:56:31.096+0000) > > Then you clearly don't understand the changes Riot has implemented. We went from somewhat strategic and diverse metagames to "Ooooh I can just play Xin or Lucian and one tap my opponent with very little counterplay". Go back and watch previous seasons in the competitive scene and in casual matches (Keyori etc.) shit was dope. Now everyone bloody hates it except the newbies who are playing their first matches (before the smurfs of course). > > Most of us only play League because every so often we can have a match in these bullshit metagames where it's actually fun and invigorating, where both teams are playing for fun and not to win. Except...even in fun matches the minute things go south you get people who splitpush, which isn't really a fun strat for anyone. But then....neither is getting oneshot or chain CC'd in this metagame since there's very little counterplay to those two aspects of the game. > > Once they fix damage and runes we might be ok, but I will say Runes Reforged was a mistake. People are quick to blame Riot, and they certainly deserve a lot of criticism for decisions they've made, but this isn't really something you can lay at their feet. As painkills said, the lack of fun is mainly the result of players iterating on what works and what doesn't. I know I'm dating myself a bit here, but I remember when Twisted Fate's Gold Card was an AoE stun. Back then, everything was new and exciting, and the game was full of possibilities. Because players didn't know better. We were stupid back then. As the game grew, the ancillary market also grew. YouTubers made videos showing off the best strategies. Websites were made to show the best build paths. So on and so forth. It's crazy how much information current players have internalized without even realizing it, things that were essentially unheard of by the majority of players back then. There used to be a time you had to actually convince people wards were worth buying. Just think about that for a second. Tell that to even an average player right now and they'll be like "yeah no duh vision control wins games". That was groundbreaking stuff back in the day. The point is, this is really just the natural evolution of a game's life cycle. Players see what works, and copy it for themselves to get better. There's nothing inherently wrong about it, but it certainly does lead to the game feeling far more structured than it used to.
: League of Legends has lost a lot of its heart, hasn't it?
Riot's inability to stop messing with the game is the actual problem. The game is already absurdly complicated, and Riot continues to compound the problem by making huge, sweeping changes all the damn time. Riot treats their players as if League is our full-time job, because that's how much time you have to spend learning and relearning every time they making a change.
: > [{quoted}](name=ImpossibleGT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-24T06:53:06.118+0000) > > I was wondering why it felt like I was talking to a wall. Then I realized you're the same person that said this earlier in the thread: > > Pretty sure I'm just wasting my time here. I'm the one talking to a wall here. I've consistently argued my points with valid reasons for each. Moment you can't dispute it because I bring in clips that are solid proofs of my point that you can't dispute, rather than accept it, you're bringing up another point I made to discredit my argument, but in doing so you're telling me my initial argument against you guys who hate SAO to be valid.
> [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=00090000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003,timestamp=2018-09-24T22:08:00.093+0000) > > I'm sorry. I only have a lowly B.S. deg in Physics and another B.S. in Mech Eng. I don't have any fancy B.A. in Bull Shit. I could never possibly hope to be able to do whatever critical examination of anime that only someone as enlightened as yourself is able to do. Explaining in more detail your views on SAO would be wasted on someone such as myself as I would never be able to fully appreciate it properly. However, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd be so kind as to share with us all your critical examining skills of this other work: > > https://imgur.com/hDqIbFc.jpg[/img] > > Based on your replies, I get the notion that your critical examining skills would be very useful with the above work. > > And, here, have a "random Yuuki" since we're "discussing" SAO. > > https://tenor.com/view/fake-flip-off-middle-finger-bye-wave-gif-5337173[/gif] > > This has been fun. I do hope we can have another "civilized discussion" of a different anime some other time on GD so that I can share with you more of my response towards your critical examining skills of each series. Sadly, I have 2 reports to finish for the night and must make my leave. > > Good day to you kind sir. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3GkiupDtZM Well it appears to be a book about Autis- wait a minute... you're implying I'm on the spectrum, aren't you? You sly dog. I almost didn't catch that seeing as how it was buried under all that salt. That's the kind of classy insult I'd expect from an adult with multiple degrees. It certainly doesn't seem like the act of a petulant child.
: > [{quoted}](name=ImpossibleGT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-24T06:53:06.118+0000) > > I was wondering why it felt like I was talking to a wall. Then I realized you're the same person that said this earlier in the thread: > > Pretty sure I'm just wasting my time here. I'm the one talking to a wall here. I've consistently argued my points with valid reasons for each. Moment you can't dispute it because I bring in clips that are solid proofs of my point that you can't dispute, rather than accept it, you're bringing up another point I made to discredit my argument, but in doing so you're telling me my initial argument against you guys who hate SAO to be valid.
> [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=00090000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-24T17:16:20.488+0000) > > To be blunt. I found your review/analysis of the series to be misleading full of gibberish and non-sense. Probably because you've never tried to critically examine a work in your life. Was there was something specific you didn't understand? I can explain it in more detail if you'd like.
: > [{quoted}](name=ImpossibleGT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-24T06:53:06.118+0000) > > I was wondering why it felt like I was talking to a wall. Then I realized you're the same person that said this earlier in the thread: > > Pretty sure I'm just wasting my time here. I'm the one talking to a wall here. I've consistently argued my points with valid reasons for each. Moment you can't dispute it because I bring in clips that are solid proofs of my point that you can't dispute, rather than accept it, you're bringing up another point I made to discredit my argument, but in doing so you're telling me my initial argument against you guys who hate SAO to be valid.
> [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=0009000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-24T07:04:01.398+0000) > > I'm the one talking to a wall here. I've consistently argued my points with valid reasons for each. Moment you can't dispute it because I bring in clips that are solid proofs of my point that you can't dispute, rather than accept it, you're bringing up another point I made to discredit my argument, but in doing so you're telling me my initial argument against you guys who hate SAO to be valid. You sure showed me. Before Sachi, Kirito was an introverted loner with a heart of gold. After Sachi died (because of Kirito, it should be pointed out), Kirito reexamined himself and grew into an... introverted loner with a heart of gold. Wow. What a change. That's okay, I'm sure in the next episode he'll have to reckon with his actions and his guilt for letting Sach- oh wait never mind he's just going to go on a lighthearted date with a Loli girl he just met. Such growth, much wow. Enjoy whatever shows you want man, but SAO is objectively mediocre. It had a promising premise that ended up be vastly overshadowed by bad writing, undeveloped characters, and truly atrocious pacing.
: > [{quoted}](name=ImpossibleGT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=0009000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-24T04:10:08.851+0000) > > I mean... you certainly said words. Whether those words actually support your thesis is extremely dubious. Buddy, you guys in GD are the only ones I've met who would classify SAO as a harem anime. https://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online I'm wondering is this due to lack of RL experiences. Out of curiosity, did you wanted the rapist to win?{{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} Jokes aside (kind of), character growth was a point I never argued against cause I didn't feel the need to argue against. Either you saw the entire series and saw Sachi's death or you didn't. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_NMj7hvRI Kirito's character changed after this. Cause before this he was very introvert. It was after Sachi's death did he choose to do more good to try to prevent others such as Sachi from dieing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHgZxE3KXN4 Remember why he was introvertive in the first place as other players were bullying him out of jealously for things he worked hard for. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DToI-uneAnQ Kirito only had 1 waifu.
> [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=00090000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-24T04:33:25.651+0000) > > Buddy, you guys in GD are the only ones I've met who would classify SAO as a harem anime. > > https://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online > > I'm wondering is this due to lack of RL experiences. Out of curiosity, did you wanted the rapist to win?{{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} > > Jokes aside (kind of), character growth was a point I never argued against cause I didn't feel the need to argue against. Either you saw the entire series and saw Sachi's death or you didn't. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_NMj7hvRI > > Kirito's character changed after this. Cause before this he was very introvert. It was after Sachi's death did he choose to do more good to try to prevent others such as Sachi from dieing. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHgZxE3KXN4 > > Remember why he was introvertive in the first place as other players were bullying him out of jealously for things he worked hard for. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DToI-uneAnQ > > Kirito only had 1 waifu. I was wondering why it felt like I was talking to a wall. Then I realized you're the same person that said this earlier in the thread: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-09-22T06:05:09.162+0000) > > To be blunt, I'm starting to wonder if the white people who talk shit about SAO being bad aren't just mad because they wanted the MC to be a white guy so they could see themselves being able to date a girl like Asuna. > > Its a really good anime. Definitely well accepted in Japan to warrant more than 1 season and a movie/OVA. > > I just view any negative remarks about it as masking racism against Kirito being a Japanese male. Pretty sure I'm just wasting my time here.
: > [{quoted}](name=ImpossibleGT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=00090000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-23T19:28:54.541+0000) > > The problem is your argument doesn't support the thesis at all. The fk you talking about? I support it with multiple points. TWICE!
> [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=000900000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-23T21:57:10.543+0000) > > The fk you talking about? I support it with multiple points. TWICE! I mean... you certainly said words. Whether those words actually support your thesis is extremely dubious.
: > [{quoted}](name=ImpossibleGT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=000900000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-23T14:57:41.375+0000) > > Not going to lie, I don't understand your arguments at all. You start by saying you find it offensive that people think Kirito is a grossly overpowered character, then immediately go on to explain all the ways in which Kirito is grossly overpowered. Was that supposed to be a rebuttal? Because all it does is help prove the point. Kirito starts off a badass, ends a badass, and at no point is he not by far the strongest character on screen in any sense of the word. He never questions his own (non-existent) motivation. He never shows any emotion other than "unflinching courage in the face of danger". He's always the strongest player. He's always the smartest player. There is literally zero character growth at all for him. In short, Kirito isn't a character, he is a garbled collection of desirable traits mashed together and forced along a predetermined path by the writer to appeal to as many viewers as possible. That is simply bad writing. > > As for whether SAO is a harem or not, I don't really know what other genre you would call the show. As the person you were quoting already pointed out, every female character in the entire show is specifically designed to appeal to a certain fetish. Just because it doesn't meet your weirdly specific criteria doesn't make it not a harem. > > And finally, the villains. Oh boy. You seem to want to focus specifically on the second villain and I'm not really sure why as he was by far the weakest of the bunch. His entire shtick was "I'm so evil I want to physically violate this teenage girl." That's it. There was no reason. He wasn't interesting. He was the definition of a generic villain. At least Kayaba Akihiko had hints of being a real person instead of just rapist-Hitler like the second guy. And honestly that's kind of sad, because Kayaba was a pretty terrible villain in his own right. But somehow, instead of improving on that already incredibly low bar, they managed to make an even worse villain for the second arc. It's actually mildly impressive, in a bad way, obviously, but impressive none the less. No, no, no. You missed a few points there. I'm arguing against the remarks made regarding Kirito being unfairly overpowered. One by elaborating on how difficult of a system he has to deal with in the first season in order to grow (its literally a system designed to kill people). Two by pointing out his outcome is a result of his decisions be it in relationships and/or strength of character. At no point other than in season 2 when he had to make a new account and his old account's stats transferred over was he unfairly overpowered. Even then, one can argue it was fair because those were things he worked hard to acquire in those two years. I think you're looking at it from a rather bias perspective which is why you're missing these points. Like one of the major criterias for a real harem anime is... Nobody actually dies and... Did you actually watch the series or are you just regurgitating some reddit crap? In harem endings, everybody is happy and the MC has a chance with every candidate. Kirito only loved Asuna and was good friends with others who happen to be female gamers (they weren't really candidates). Regarding villains, I said it. You can literally write a 100pg paper on Kayaba. Do you really want to do that? In a way, its hard for me to even label him as a villain cause he kind of reminds me of the D.C. villains who aren't really villains. Depending on your age, as you grow up and explore of the outside world, you will see more of the villains that was being portrayed in the 2nd arc - I am not kidding. This is a gaming forum so we'll keep it relatively harmless {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
> [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=0009000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-23T15:49:11.705+0000) > > No, no, no. You missed a few points there. I'm arguing against the remarks made regarding Kirito being unfairly overpowered. One by elaborating on how difficult of a system he has to deal with in the first season in order to grow (its literally a system designed to kill people). Two by pointing out his outcome is a result of his decisions be it in relationships and/or strength of character. At no point other than in season 2 when he had to make a new account and his old account's stats transferred over was he unfairly overpowered. Even then, one can argue it was fair because those were things he worked hard to acquire in those two years. > > I think you're looking at it from a rather bias perspective which is why you're missing these points. Like one of the major criterias for a real harem anime is... Nobody actually dies and... Did you actually watch the series or are you just regurgitating some reddit crap? In harem endings, everybody is happy and the MC has a chance with every candidate. Kirito only loved Asuna and was good friends with others who happen to be female gamers (they weren't really candidates). > > Regarding villains, I said it. You can literally write a 100pg paper on Kayaba. Do you really want to do that? In a way, its hard for me to even label him as a villain cause he kind of reminds me of the D.C. villains who aren't really villains. > > Depending on your age, as you grow up and explore of the outside world, you will see more of the villains that was being portrayed in the 2nd arc - I am not kidding. This is a gaming forum so we'll keep it relatively harmless {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} You seem to be misunderstanding. I got what you were trying to explain. The problem is your argument doesn't support the thesis at all. Let's confine ourselves to the Aincrad arc just for simplicity here; Kirito is unquestionably the strongest game avatar portrayed in the show. It's not even close. The next strongest person needs hacks to stand a chance against Kirito. And then after 2nd place is a 30 mile gap to 3rd place because I honestly couldn't tell you who the next strongest avatar is because everyone else is comically underpowered compared to Kirito. So hopefully that's just a given and I shouldn't have to provide examples. As for your point trying to justify in-universe why Kirito is the strongest, it doesn't really matter. First off, your premise is flawed. You make it sound like Aincrad is an unfairly harsh place, but as Kirito is fond a reminding us, it isn't. He states numerous times throughout the Aincrad arc that the game is inherently fair, and he even uses that fact to play detective during a 2-episode filler story. So... "survived Aincrad for 2 years" or however long they were in there for is not a good enough reason for Kirito, and Kirito alone, to be so far ahead of everyone else that the dramatic stakes kind of fall off a cliff. Secondly, even if (again, pretty big IF there) your reasoning was sound, that doesn't make it _good_. Take this short story I just wrote as an example: > Alice is the best soccer player in the world. She trained every day for 2 years. After so much training she was able to beat anyone. In my story, there is a clear in-universe reason as to why Alice is the best, but that doesn't make it a good story, or make Alice a good character. Likewise, having SAO simply tell me Kirito is the strongest without showing how or why he accomplished it fairly meaningless. As I stated previously, he starts off as the best and ends as the best, and we as viewers see exactly zero of how he got to that point. That's not compelling storytelling. For the entire Aincrad arc, Kirito doesn't change or grow in any meaningful way. I think this is best summed up by the show itself, in what it supposed to be Kirito's moment of badass. He single-handedly defeats a floor boss using his heretofore unknown 'special' skill, dual wielding. After the battle, someone asks him how he got the skill and his response is, and I might be paraphrasing here but it's pretty damn close to a direct quote, "I don't know it just appeared one day." No explanation. No showing how he acquired it. It just... happened. Like... damn that is some pretty lazy writing. These are the kinds of things people are talking about when they complain that Kirito is overpowered. It's fine to have character who is very strong in-universe, but holy hell you cannot simply _tell us_ they are strong and leave it at that. Regarding the harem thing: I think I'll just link you to what [TV Tropes](https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HaremGenre) has to say about this and quote some of the most relevant parts that apply to SAO: > It typically features a High School–aged male lead with at least two (usually at least three and often a lot more) available girls who may be actively interested in him but at the very least are bound by circumstances to be close to him. > Typically each harem member has markedly contrasting personality, often personifying a single classic characterization archetype while (usually) the opposite applies to the protagonist. > There is also the hybrid option where the harem is "led" by a female lead in a conventional Official Couple relationship with the MC and "backed" by a Supporting Harem. In such cases, the work usually indicates only one or two girls as the main characters, in contrast to the standard harem works. I mean... that sounds like a pretty spot-on description of SAO. There are multiple episodes (sometimes in a row, even) where Kirito goes on a "date" with a new potential waifu, does something heroic, and then the waifu secretly falls in love with Kirito who remains oblivious. Just because you don't want to recognize it as a "real" harem doesn't mean it doesn't fit into the genre. SAO has very strong harem elements. As for the nobody dies part, with the exception of one girl who was very poorly [Stuffed into the Fridge](https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StuffedIntoTheFridge), literally nobody of any importance dies. The only people who die in this show are the obvious redshirts that get introduced earlier in the same episode they die in, or villains, and it doesn't seem to bother anyone in-universe because everyone else just keeps trucking on like nothing happened. The tone of the show is, for the most part, quite light and whimsical, especially once Kirito starts meeting his waifus. Saying that because people die it can't be a harem anime is just downright misleading. Regarding villains... I think you're exaggerating a bit, there. Again, confining ourselves to just the Aincrad arc where Kayaba's grand reveal of his master plan is, and I kid you not this is a direct quote, "I forgot," I find it hard to believe you could write more than a page about his character without veering wildly into speculation or headcanon. And Kayaba is weirdly one of the better villains in SAO. The second guy, whose name I can't remember (always a good sign, obviously), was even worse in terms of characterization. You seem to think that having a character whose only traits are "mustache-twirlingly evil" and "rapist" is okay because there are people in the real world that abuse their power. It's not. He doesn't actually serve any purpose that a villain is supposed to serve in a story: he isn't interesting, his motivations are never explained beyond "wants to marry and/or sleep with a comatose teenager" and "wants power", and he doesn't cause Kirito to grow as a character in any meaningful way. He's simply a bad villain. Jesus, even Deathgun had some moderately interesting interplay with... sniper girl whose name I can't remember but whose ass was shown gratuitously. Look, there's nothing wrong with liking SAO. There's no shame in enjoying it. You just have to recognize the show as a **lot** of problems and wasted potential.
: > [{quoted}](name=NepgearDesu,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-22T22:19:27.427+0000) > > The overall reception of any work does not make it good or bad for a given individual. Jeff Koons' works are sold for millions of US dollars, most agree that they're provocative, innovative etc. and it's still nothing worth looking at in my opinion. In that particular case, just because something looks gross / gigantic / stupid doesn't make it art, and his works usually are designed only to look exactly that. Which is too little for me to appreciate as anything more than a somehow elaborate way to earn a living off people's credulity. > > In SAO's case, the main character is extremely powerful, saves the day several times a story, is appreciated by cool bros (Agil and Klein) and loved by a number of cool / cute / sexy girls (Asuna, Lisbeth, Silica...), of which some look tough at first and open up to their saviour within one episode, has very little character in himself and instead just features some very broad and agreeable traits (protects others, doesn't let friends/lover down, kind in general although not showing it off; that's about it). And I believe you won't feel very surprised that, when asked about their general beliefs, most people will tell you that they would like being recognised as strong, appreciated, loved, protective and naturally kind. > > Which brings me to what really pains me with this show: it is tailored to pleasing the majority of the viewers. Almost anyone can recognise themself in Kirito thanks to his rather shallow personality: he fits most of what people strive for. Successful with both men and women as well as in life, capable of glorious deeds, special and thus above the rest in a number of ways. Plus the whole "beater" thing that makes him a rule-breaker, and almost everyone dreams themself as such an out-of-the-system character, and the various failures that the hero still manages to overcome (boss fight with the Gleaming Eyes for example, or back to reality and rocking at kendo with half his muscles). This makes a character that's entirely fictional, doesn't have any particular drive, and that everyone can identify themself to. > > The fanservice is also absurdly high: you have a warrior-like character who's still the perfect housewife (cooks well, sexy) (Asuna); some lolita of whom one can think as a little sister (Silica) (or in other, less widely agreeable ways; that's the point of the character and the 34th rule of the Internet applies as always); some tough nut to crack, but in the end really loveable (Lisbeth); some darker girl who thinks of suicide and what-am-I-gonna-do-of-my-life (Sachi); the almost-obligated-since-Oreimo sister who turns out not to be a real sister so it isn't forbidden love (Suguha); tough but afraid girl who desperately pleads for help (Shino). I might forget some, but I believe you can see the pattern: there are all sizes (literally) and tastes, for everyone to enjoy. These stereotypes are used in various other shows, if only to give something to the viewers to argue about. > > The villains are a sad sight to see: the first is just a psychopath who kills people because he wants to see them die in his very own world; the second is just a psychopath who would rape a girl in a coma and exploit people until they die from it; the third is just a psychopath who kills people because his build is bad in a video game; the fourth technically is the first all over again. See a pattern again? They have no depth, character, anything that makes a person. They're just mad and bad, and our superhero has to kick their butts, no questions are even conceivable at this point (why do they do evil things? They're crazy that's why, silly). > > *** > > In short, it features a number of things that warrant critical acclaims by the public: hero has no personality but he _is_ a hero, side characters are diverse and shallow enough to please about anyone, villains are bland enough to make a simple story with a very clear goal and no incentive to prefer them over the hero, massive fanservice starting from second arc onward (Asuna assaulted by tentacle monsters, really?). It's just a mass of very agreeable stuff, without much that you can criticise without developing pretty elaborate arguments, like Asuna looking like a warrior when she's really just a disguised housewife; it takes half an hour in a face-to-face conversation to explain to a fan that their waifu is a trap. > > And it's still nothing I feel is worth watching. SAO was made purely to sell, and it succeeded in doing so. There are enough shows out there that have actual characters and a plot, and that give you a sizeable amount of food for thought, to reasonably consider that SAO is bad. > > And to be perfectly honest, I had to discuss it with someone more cultivated than me to see my collector DVDs of this show in another light. Some things just take time and discussion, I guess. Alright, you're actually worth discussing SAO with {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} People argued Kirito was overpowered as a character, but I think that's offensive. The World in which the story took place seemed like it had a brutal system. Having to level up, dealing with unknown boss mechanics where if you fail to master within a certain amount of time and facing huge amounts of pressure you'd get killed, hidden paths where unlucky players who aren't prepared get killed, psychopathic PK'ers, mental trauma of being trapped in a system for an extended period of time where there may be no hope of getting out (sort of like dead end jobs and why today's generations have difficulty sticking with companies for more than a couple of years) - the list goes on. Despite all these factors, there were people who were strong enough to last as long as they did. So with that we've established Kirito's mental strengths which is needed especially for grinding as a lot of MMO's require it to develop one's character and its harder to grind as a solo player than it is as a party (its something only people who've seriously played MMORPGs would understand). This means that within the group of people who've lived having strong mental fortitude, Kirito has that extra level of disciplined samurai warrior mentality which sells among young men - you see from the 2nd season where he get that discipline from when they showed him practicing with his sister. Regarding the beater thing, it was brought up early on, but later dismissed when it was pointed out that the information was given to everyone and they merely had to put in effort to learn it. Whether or not Kirito is really a cheat is still questionable later on the series when he was able to use two swords and the A.I. (trying to avoid spoilers). There was also no "harem" imo cause trust me I know harem anime. For it to constitute a harem, I require that there be ecchi scenes with each girl where their relationship deepens afterwards, but there wasn't. What I recall was Kirito trying to do good and establishing relationships with others who happen to be female. No harem - I would rate it a 10/10 if there was a harem. Simplifying the villains... I guess you can, but one can also do an in depth psycho analysis on each main villain presented in both seasons. I'll skip the first one, but the second one has meaning. Because the 2nd season showed Kirito had a chance to get his life back, but instead he was willing to throw it all away and risk his life again to try to save Asuna. The villain of the second season showed someone who was born with privilege and given a position of power which he used to abuse the life of others. As you said, he tried to get his way with Asuna forcefully as she continued to reject him (some guys can't take no for an answer and in society we call them rapists). When Kirito was finally able to confront him after overcoming all those trials, he exposed him for the coward he was in his system. When the villain tried to instead enact "revenge" on Kirito in RL afterwards, our MC defeats him again despite being stabbed by surprise as I recall. Personally, I really like art where the artists is able to draw in things from RL and the villain of the 2nd season was likely taken from their view of certain types of people in RL i.e. people who bully others from a position of power when in reality they're creeps (_cough_ rapists) and cowards. If anything, I agree with you that SAO was made to sell.
> [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WwPHENEY,comment-id=00090000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-23T00:42:30.499+0000) > > Alright, you're actually worth discussing SAO with {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} > > People argued Kirito was overpowered as a character, but I think that's offensive. The World in which the story took place seemed like it had a brutal system. Having to level up, dealing with unknown boss mechanics where if you fail to master within a certain amount of time and facing huge amounts of pressure you'd get killed, hidden paths where unlucky players who aren't prepared get killed, psychopathic PK'ers, mental trauma of being trapped in a system for an extended period of time where there may be no hope of getting out (sort of like dead end jobs and why today's generations have difficulty sticking with companies for more than a couple of years) - the list goes on. Despite all these factors, there were people who were strong enough to last as long as they did. So with that we've established Kirito's mental strengths which is needed especially for grinding as a lot of MMO's require it to develop one's character and its harder to grind as a solo player than it is as a party (its something only people who've seriously played MMORPGs would understand). This means that within the group of people who've lived having strong mental fortitude, Kirito has that extra level of disciplined samurai warrior mentality which sells among young men - you see from the 2nd season where he get that discipline from when they showed him practicing with his sister. > > Regarding the beater thing, it was brought up early on, but later dismissed when it was pointed out that the information was given to everyone and they merely had to put in effort to learn it. Whether or not Kirito is really a cheat is still questionable later on the series when he was able to use two swords and the A.I. (trying to avoid spoilers). > > There was also no "harem" imo cause trust me I know harem anime. For it to constitute a harem, I require that there be ecchi scenes with each girl where their relationship deepens afterwards, but there wasn't. What I recall was Kirito trying to do good and establishing relationships with others who happen to be female. No harem - I would rate it a 10/10 if there was a harem. > > Simplifying the villains... I guess you can, but one can also do an in depth psycho analysis on each main villain presented in both seasons. I'll skip the first one, but the second one has meaning. Because the 2nd season showed Kirito had a chance to get his life back, but instead he was willing to throw it all away and risk his life again to try to save Asuna. The villain of the second season showed someone who was born with privilege and given a position of power which he used to abuse the life of others. As you said, he tried to get his way with Asuna forcefully as she continued to reject him (some guys can't take no for an answer and in society we call them rapists). When Kirito was finally able to confront him after overcoming all those trials, he exposed him for the coward he was in his system. When the villain tried to instead enact "revenge" on Kirito in RL afterwards, our MC defeats him again despite being stabbed by surprise as I recall. Personally, I really like art where the artists is able to draw in things from RL and the villain of the 2nd season was likely taken from their view of certain types of people in RL i.e. people who bully others from a position of power when in reality they're creeps (_cough_ rapists) and cowards. > > If anything, I agree with you that SAO was made to sell. Not going to lie, I don't understand your arguments at all. You start by saying you find it offensive that people think Kirito is a grossly overpowered character, then immediately go on to explain all the ways in which Kirito is grossly overpowered. Was that supposed to be a rebuttal? Because all it does is help prove the point. Kirito starts off a badass, ends a badass, and at no point is he not by far the strongest character on screen in any sense of the word. He never questions his own (non-existent) motivation. He never shows any emotion other than "unflinching courage in the face of danger". He's always the strongest player. He's always the smartest player. There is literally zero character growth at all for him. In short, Kirito isn't a character, he is a garbled collection of desirable traits mashed together and forced along a predetermined path by the writer to appeal to as many viewers as possible. That is simply bad writing. As for whether SAO is a harem or not, I don't really know what other genre you would call the show. As the person you were quoting already pointed out, every female character in the entire show is specifically designed to appeal to a certain fetish. Just because it doesn't meet your weirdly specific criteria doesn't make it not a harem. And finally, the villains. Oh boy. You seem to want to focus specifically on the second villain and I'm not really sure why as he was by far the weakest of the bunch. His entire shtick was "I'm so evil I want to physically violate this teenage girl." That's it. There was no reason. He wasn't interesting. He was the definition of a generic villain. At least Kayaba Akihiko had hints of being a real person instead of just rapist-Hitler like the second guy. And honestly that's kind of sad, because Kayaba was a pretty terrible villain in his own right. But somehow, instead of improving on that already incredibly low bar, they managed to make an even worse villain for the second arc. It's actually mildly impressive, in a bad way, obviously, but impressive none the less.
: im hesitating watching sword art online why do half ppl like it and half hate it???
I can't believe not a single person mentioned Sword Art Online Abridged. The Abridged version is legitimately better than the original. It fixes a lot of the problems with the original. You should just watch SAO Abridged instead. As for the actual question of why people are so divided about SAO, I think a lot of it comes down to how expectations were set in the first few episodes. The series sells itself as "people trapped in a VR death game" and then after like 3 episodes it completely changes into a fairly generic harem anime. So if you were interested in the show expecting horror elements, you would likely feel like the show betrayed your expectations and that can lead to backlash. There's also the fact that the writing simply isn't very good. The pacing in particular is pretty atrocious, but the characters are all pretty bland archetypes with no actual characterization to speak of. As much as people in this thread have been dumping on Asuna, she is the closest thing to a legitimate character in the entire show (i.e. she has actual desires that drive her actions in a logical way) and when she's sharing the spotlight (parts of season 1, and the Mother's Rosario arc), the show is at it's best. Conversely, when she gets shoved to the side (or put in a literal rape dungeon, like in the Elf arc) the show is at it's worst.
koshkyra (NA)
: Observation, the adc is no longer the "dominant" or "alpha" in lane anymore
This has always been the case, and it used to be far more pronounced than it is now. Back in the ye ol' days before "seasons" the support was the most important player on the team. They single-handedly controlled not only the tempo of bottom lane, but also the team's vision control. Any of you remember when Oracle's Elixir was a permanent buff that lasted until death? It was the team's responsibility to ensure your support could ward sweep safely or else they ended up hundreds of gold down because of lost Elixirs. So when your Sona went in for a Power Chord with that little pink eyeball over her head, your ADC was right beside her protecting that vision control. Not to mention the old support items ensured you never actually fought without your support. The original Aegis of the Legion was, in terms of cost-to-effect, one of the most powerful items ever available in League. It was disgusting. You made damn sure your support was able to rush it and if you were the ADC, you never left the radius of the aura. Ever. On top of all that, supports were also responsible for maintaining timers (back in the dark ages, there was no dragon/baron/buff timers) and making play call outs (again, in the days when you actually had to type out "mia bot"). The players that think you're supposed to jam your weakest player onto support because "it doesn't take any skill" or some stupid shit like that are simply bad players. It's been true since the beginning of League, and it's still true now.
: (Long Post) Why I think LoL is kinda wonky and how it got there.
The actual reason was {{champion:39}} and {{champion:92}} , especially Riven. Riven was the first champion specifically designed for the meta in which she was created, and she was made specifically as a champion to counter the then-dominate Irelia in top lane. It started a vicious cycle of power creep, to try and manage top lane, and it was handled with comic ineptitude. Riven was also the first champion with significant AD scaling, which until this point was extremely rare and only on a few select abilities. Everything people hate about the game now essentially snowballed from the decisions made around Riven.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ImpossibleGT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XTET5ccE,comment-id=001700000000,timestamp=2018-02-11T09:47:38.874+0000) > > For real? That's like saying do you have the will to stop smoking, or stop being depressed. Shit, might as well say "do you have the will to stop your cancer" while you're at it. They are medical conditions that require treatment, be it pharmaceutical or therapy. Addiction can be a serious mental disorder, and just saying some variation of "get over it" is absurd and frankly kind of insulting. So then you should keep playing something that you aren't having fun in and that you only play because of some kind of problem you have? Depression is another thing altogether, but yes, it comes down to will power. You aren't forced to, YOU have to take the steps to stop. It is a vice and like all vices, it is on YOU to stop, not anyone else.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XTET5ccE,comment-id=0017000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-11T10:14:54.954+0000) > > So then you should keep playing something that you aren't having fun in and that you only play because of some kind of problem you have? Depression is another thing altogether, but yes, it comes down to will power. You aren't forced to, YOU have to take the steps to stop. It is a vice and like all vices, it is on YOU to stop, not anyone else. Pretty childish and naive viewpoint you have there.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ImpossibleGT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XTET5ccE,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-02-09T18:19:56.541+0000) > > Hey, remember when Riot reworked their entire leveling system to drip-feed rewards and encourage maximum player engagement? The feedback systems are designed to be as addictive as possible to keep people logging in day after day. Simply saying "quit if you're not having fun" isn't an option for some people. It is an option, the question falls into do you have the will to stop at that point?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XTET5ccE,comment-id=00170000,timestamp=2018-02-09T21:06:30.567+0000) > > It is an option, the question falls into do you have the will to stop at that point? For real? That's like saying do you have the will to stop smoking, or stop being depressed. Shit, might as well say "do you have the will to stop your cancer" while you're at it. They are medical conditions that require treatment, be it pharmaceutical or therapy. Addiction can be a serious mental disorder, and just saying some variation of "get over it" is absurd and frankly kind of insulting.
Jamaree (NA)
: Reminder that if you aren't having fun with League, you should stop playing.
Hey, remember when Riot reworked their entire leveling system to drip-feed rewards and encourage maximum player engagement? The feedback systems are designed to be as addictive as possible to keep people logging in day after day. Simply saying "quit if you're not having fun" isn't an option for some people.
: If I remember correctly, Riot said that fixing something like minion blocking requires digging deep into League's code... but there's too much spaghetti down there to handle. Too much can go wrong. "Realistically" they would have to rewrite everything. They say the opportunity cost is too immense, and so they would rather work on developing new features that have greater benefits. Here's some info that they posted when they last tried fixing the problem: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/EWLnAleN-follow-up-pathing-aka-minion-blocking-update
Or, God forbid, they could just remove minion block entirely. It's an irritating and unnecessary "feature" held-over from the olden days of DotA. Riot made League and cleverly removed a lot of the more obtuse parts of DotA, like minion denying, to make it the game more accessible to people unfamiliar with the genre. Yet for some reason minion block has managed to stay in the game for... what like 8 years now or something? And I honestly cannot fathom why. It is a pretty fundamental rule of design that everything should serve a purpose. You should have a good reason for every decision when making a game. But what purpose does minion block serve? There's absolutely minimal skill to it; either you randomly get caught or you don't. It's frustrating because it is extremely unclear where or how you're getting caught until you're already 2 seconds into your minion CC. Lets compare minion block to a mechanic that was removed for a similar feel bad reason; dodge. When Riot removed dodge from the game entirely, the reasoning was that trades shouldn't be decided by RNG and because outplaying your opponent only to watch them get away with 10 hp because they dodged your flash-auto. Dodge served an actual purpose (defense stat strong against heavy auto attackers) and yet Riot removed it basically without a second thought because of the randomness and the feelbadman moments it created. Minion block serves no purpose (punish melee characters harder than they already are? wut?) and is equally as random. Why on earth is it still in the game? Just remove it entirely and the game will be better for it.
: Im sorry but......whats up with these support item changes?
My opinion is that I've disliked playing support ever since the first changes to vision in like S2 or whenever it happened. I hate trinkets. I wish {{item:2056}} and {{item:2047}} still lasted until death (either yours or the ward's). It was a simpler time and my goal was clear. In their quest to make the support role "more interesting" Riot has completely missed the point and just spread the job out to everyone. Now when I play support I'm not filling a vital need of the team; between trinkets and pinks, there is actually no need for a support to bother with extra vision items. Instead, as a support, I'm just a gimped version of everyone else because they have income and I don't. @Riot it's time to admit this has been a 4v4 game the whole time and you've just been too stubborn to change it.
: What champ was released closest to the time you started playing League?
Xin Zhao I think. The original Win Now, not any of his reworks.
: So, according to the people on the forums, every ban is deserved.
Because I've seen this song and dance too many times before. Player posts QQ thread about an "undeserved banned" and says things like "admittedly I was a little angry but didn't deserve a perma" and "look at this log, I barely say anything!". Rito employee posts extensive chat logs of Player being toxic as all hell. Player looks like an idiot and we all continue on our merry way. I'm sure, somewhere, there has been someone undeservedly banned. That person was not on these boards, and the first thing they did was not make a QQ thread about it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sb8j6A7f,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-11-18T23:42:53.324+0000) > > ***Ascension is fun.*** This is an opinion. > > ***One for All and rivals is just a slightly tweaked Summoner's rift clone.*** This is a fact. > > I understand why Riot likes making SR clones. I don't understand why people are so obsessed with them. If all you can think about is the fact that you're playing summoners rift it's no wonder you're not having fun. The game modes are fun not because of the match or the style of the game but because of the interactions and unique scenarios it creates that would never happen in a regular match. I don't want to play ascension because it plays out the exact same way every single game. The entire game mode is just a wet noodle face bashing contest.
> [{quoted}](name=MetaCosmos,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sb8j6A7f,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2017-11-19T08:50:13.457+0000) > I don't want to play ascension because it plays out the exact same way every single game. The entire game mode is just a wet noodle face bashing contest. I like Ascension. Sometimes I just want to play TDM. I also like Ascension because it is fairly easy to earn chests while playing, so there's that. Why are we all hating on Ascension to begin with?
: Ok, Sona is seriously busted
Sona is busty. She is not busted. Trying to break the English language won't change that.
: I hope that they will be able to keep her dance animation as well, it's one of the best
> [{quoted}](name=Syneidesis,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6cERsij8,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-11-02T16:55:53.197+0000) > > I hope that they will be able to keep her dance animation as well, it's one of the best This. Irelia is a super old champion design, but damn does her dance still look great.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lilmissbou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UOzpGWE5,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2017-10-26T19:13:33.492+0000) > > Well what type of anime you lookin for kid ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) idk I like Sci-Fi [space specifically but not necessarily Gundam] and Fantasy [not technilogical fantasy, just like DnD fantasy]
> [{quoted}](name=Demon Empress,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UOzpGWE5,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2017-10-26T19:18:32.017+0000) > > idk > > I like Sci-Fi [space specifically but not necessarily Gundam] and Fantasy [not technilogical fantasy, just like DnD fantasy] Cowboy Bebop and/or Samurai Champloo.
: Do you play aram at all? Really easy way to get chests.
> [{quoted}](name=Sp33d Zer0,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OnrRTuFL,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2017-10-23T05:50:37.777+0000) > > Do you play aram at all? Really easy way to get chests. False. It is orders of magnitude more difficult to earn chests in ARAM than in normal games, mainly because your CS will always be below average because you're fighting 4 other people for the same minions.
: Star Guardian Miss Fortune completed!!!!
Her right arm looks like it has a tumor right above the arm band. Why is it bulging like that? Is that supposed to be her bicep?
Notîce (EUW)
: The recoloured Tango Evelynn skin is so much better!
I honestly didn't really care which way they went, I'm just glad the splash and the model match now. Having seen this now, though, I like this one better than the other.
Skorch (NA)
: With Evelynn reveal page out... I am a little confused by Tango Eves in game.
I don't understand why the splash and the actual in-game model are so mismatched for Tango. I don't particularly care which way it goes (making in-game model blonde or changing the splash to make her blue, etc) but damn Riot, make them look at least remotely similar.
: Evelynn's splashes
Why is the splash for Tango Eve so mismatched from her actual model? The skin and hair are completely different.
Jackom1 (EUW)
: Rito should add a heal to ezreal's kit
You mean re-add? He used to have one.
: It was a fun April Fools joke, it was when riot actually touched the game mode it became awful. The community only asked for a ban phase to improve it and we would be satisfied, instead riot did something different and made it AR instead of listening. I don't know what riot or people expect when they did exactly the opposite of what we would've expected.
> [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l8pEJxos,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2017-08-19T20:13:11.672+0000) > > It was a fun April Fools joke, it was when riot actually touched the game mode it became awful. The community only asked for a ban phase to improve it and we would be satisfied, instead riot did something different and made it AR instead of listening. I don't know what riot or people expect when they did exactly the opposite of what we would've expected. It turns out people are stupid and don't know what they want, as evidenced by the fact that this entire thread is full of people saying "URF was good AR is bad". Blind pick URF was possibly the worst game mode Riot ever released. Randomizing URF was the best thing that could have happened to it short of Riot manually perma-banning some 20-odd champions.
: Got the Golden Mega Orb
Mine had another Mega Orb + Sonoran Kog Maw skin which I didn't even know existed. So that was pretty mediocre. The second Mega Orb had the Headless Hecarim skin which I actually like so I'm mildly satisfied. I guess I made out better than most.
eNiMaL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Besteau,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gP1y466x,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-07-05T20:16:03.480+0000) > > heres mine i guess. Idk. I have more losses than wins. > https://na.whatismymmr.com/besteau > [{quoted}](name=GlobDaBlob,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gP1y466x,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-07-05T20:29:31.492+0000) > > https://na.whatismymmr.com/GlobDaBlob > Don't know my exact wins/losses, but I got a good amount more wins than losses even though I don't even play to win, just for fun. Post a screenshot showing your ARAM W/L while you're at it. I don't buy that site's ARAM MMR yet.
> [{quoted}](name=eNiMaL,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gP1y466x,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-07-05T22:16:28.277+0000) > > Post a screenshot showing your ARAM W/L while you're at it. I don't buy that site's ARAM MMR yet. Good call. It says I'm in the top 0.7 percentile which is... questionable... at best. I seriously doubt I'm that good. Sorry for intruding. I don't actually want to join your group, I was just reading the thread and was amused by my MMR results.
umbraˉ (NA)
: Amon was the fucking truth.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbrá,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=mcjL1QRP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-07-31T04:49:03.807+0000) > > Amon was the fucking truth. Yeah that murder-suicide at the end of a kids show was awesome. I wish I could be that cool. /sarcasm Amon was an asshole with daddy issues.
: "Stop penalizing us for dodging in ARAM"
ARAM dodging should be penalized more, not less, and it should be a function of how long you wait to dodge. For example, you get locked out 9 minutes for each second you take to dodge, at a minute per person per second you're wasting. You get a champion you refuse to play? Fine. Dodge immediately and go outside during your ban. Don't wait until the last damn second hoping someone else dodges first.
Rioter Comments
: your at at 62/82 kp so 75% which is okay on aram. how long was the game im assuming post 30 minute mark possibly even 40. Whats your champ damage and obective damage look like compared to the rest of your team.
> [{quoted}](name=fallenreaper88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u1H5lUTE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-05-14T18:55:32.302+0000) > > your at at 62/82 kp so 75% which is okay on aram. how long was the game im assuming post 30 minute mark possibly even 40. Whats your champ damage and obective damage look like compared to the rest of your team. A little over 29 minutes. I was second on the team in terms of damage to champions with 56k. Jhin was first with 65k. A distant third was Volibear with 28k. For the record, Jhin had basically the exact same stat line as I did (27/9/36 with 155cs) and got an S. Being AD, Jhin obviously also had more turret damage than I did, roughly twice as much.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: What if Syndra's orbs only stayed for longer than a second if she hits a unit with it?
Anyone remember when a bunch of Syndra mains came out ahead of her MYMU and explained how it was terrible because it made it too easy to get max spheres for her ult? And then Riot ignored it? And then they had to nerf her because of it? At some point you'd think Riot would listen to people who might presumably know what they're talking about instead of just bulling ahead with needless updates. Syndra was fine before the update.
: Nunu, Sejauni, and to a lesser extent, Kled and Quinn are terrible champions.
Crett (NA)
: all i know is i haven't spent a cent but i now have magnificent twisted fate and gangster twitch
> [{quoted}](name=Crett,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=4HZyydsP,comment-id=000b00010000,timestamp=2016-12-25T18:40:39.860+0000) > > all i know is i haven't spent a cent but i now have magnificent twisted fate and gamgster twitch Good for you. For every person like you there's a person who spent hundreds of dollars opening chests trying to get Hextech Annie. Hextech Crafting is working as intended from Riot's point of view. They're not going to change it.
: Would people please STOP complaining about hextech crafting? Riot gave us FREE SKINS something you used to only get from throwing money at the game, and you have the nerve to complain??? idc if you downvote me, i have said what i have too.
> [{quoted}](name=Death and Doom,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=4HZyydsP,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2016-12-25T17:47:01.254+0000) > > Would people please STOP complaining about hextech crafting? Riot gave us FREE SKINS something you used to only get from throwing money at the game, and you have the nerve to complain??? Let's stop pretending Riot did this out of the goodness of their hearts. They did it to get people to buy more stuff.
: Am I the only one that thinks Camille is completely uninteresting?
"Pretty sure Riot is just pumping out champs regardless of quality." You obviously didn't play when the game was first out. There was a new champion every 2 weeks. Riot's current champion production pace is downright glacial comparatively.
Rioter Comments
Show more

ImpossibleGT

Level 45 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion