: > [{quoted}](name=Investa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlRGvrEY,comment-id=0009000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T18:02:48.585+0000) > > The Neeko didn't afk so I assumed they were at least still trying. Your whole argument rests of tyranny of the majority. If 4 of 5 members of the team wanted to run it down mid, effectively griefing the 5th member, would it be okay because 80% of the team agreed to it? Effectively it would be the same mentality you hold now. Again, if Teemo broke the rules or ran it down, I'd be with you, but he wasn't. It was an off meta strat and 3-4 others cried about and crying is what the League community does best and I frankly don't hold any merit in that. I'm not blaming the only guy on the team who didn't give up for griefing when by definition everyone else was actually griefing. It's not subjective here. the neeko said in champ select that nubrac was a troll and asked for someone to dodge and said that nubrac needs to get banned. champ select all of that, all that neeko did was repeat that sentiment during the game. 4 out of 5 don't want to play with this strat and the one (1/5) that does is the one using the strat that makes no objective sense at all. he is griefing you claiming that how experience gains work when in summoners rift is subjective evidence is a load of bullshit and you best walk that bollocks back to bronze.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlRGvrEY,comment-id=00090000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T18:11:50.179+0000) > > the neeko said in champ select that nubrac was a troll and asked for someone to dodge and said that nubrac needs to get banned. > champ select all of that, all that neeko did was repeat that sentiment during the game. > 4 out of 5 don't want to play with this strat and the one (1/5) that does is the one using the strat that makes no objective sense at all. > he is griefing If they had won the game it wouldn't have been reported and wouldn't have been called griefing. It would have been a "huh so that happened" moment and people would have moved on. I'm sorry, but I'm not leaving the determination of whether this was trolling or against the rules up to some whiny sheeple. If this was objectively griefing or trolling, it wouldn't have taken a big name streamer going to Riot personally to get the guy banned. There is a reason it happened in this game of all games and a reason NB3 also got banned. Your personal enjoyment from a game is your own to make, and unless he was deliberatly causing you to lose it simply doesn't constitute griefing or trolling or whatever you want to call it. It's a case of people not adapting and crying fowl of something they had more control over than they cared to admit. As you said, Neeko knew and had every opportunity to dodge beforehand. So why didn't she? It's inconsistency everywhere. He could have done better to communicate, but besides that the only griefing done in that game was by the other members of his team.
: > [{quoted}](name=Investa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlRGvrEY,comment-id=00090000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T17:55:02.765+0000) > > 3 people actually, but you're missing the point. You're saying it was okay to ragequit because they didn't like the strategy. It wasn't. I don't care if they didn't like it, they lost the game for the team, not the Teemo. You aren't entitled to AFKing or flaming just because someone does something off meta. Running it down is one thing, what Nubrac did was another. You know this, you just don't like the strat and take up for those who the feel the same. It's a toxic mentality and ultimately more unhealthy for the game than the Teemo itself. 4 the neeko didn't want him either. sivir, neeko, irelia, nb3 5th is nubrac this is basic math, wtf are we talking about here? how do ya'll try and debate this you're fucking trolling.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlRGvrEY,comment-id=000900000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T17:56:10.341+0000) > > 4 > the neeko didn't want him either. > sivir, neeko, irelia, nb3 > 5th is nubrac > this is basic math, wtf are we talking about here? > how do ya'll try and debate this you're fucking trolling. The Neeko didn't afk so I assumed they were at least still trying. Your whole argument rests of tyranny of the majority. If 4 of 5 members of the team wanted to run it down mid, effectively griefing the 5th member, would it be okay because 80% of the team agreed to it? Effectively it would be the same mentality you hold now. Again, if Teemo broke the rules or ran it down, I'd be with you, but he wasn't. It was an off meta strat and 3-4 others cried about and crying is what the League community does best and I frankly don't hold any merit in that. I'm not blaming the only guy on the team who didn't give up for griefing when by definition everyone else was actually griefing. It's not subjective here.
: > [{quoted}](name=Investa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlRGvrEY,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T16:40:36.439+0000) > > I don't know every intricacy of the game, but I've seen it grow over it's 9 of their 10 year lifespan and seen strategies that people considered troll to become the norm. So forgive me if I am not on board the hate train over a strategy like this and am more upset with the way prolific individuals handled themselves. At the end of the day, the viability of the strategy is not the issue here. Nubrac was not trolling and was not trying to cause his team to lose as evidenced by his winrate with the strategy. His communication could be better, but that alone is not 14 day ban worthy. Fact of the matter is he was only punished due to a high profile individuals personally contacting a Riot employee crying for something to be done and giving biased information that put him in a good light. > > People overlook his rage and AFK because they feel it was "justified" and that they would do the same in his situation. That is not what makes a good decision. You can relate to it however you want, but it doesn't put you or him in the right. It's systemic of a much bigger problem with the community that I've seen develop over the course of those 9 years and that's accountability. Nobody takes accountability. It's always someone else's fault. Rarely does someone give first blood in an obvious blunder and say "hey guys, my mistake, I'm sorry and I'll play safer". No, they spam ping the closest person and passive-aggressively ask why they let them die like that. This situation just magnifies how deep it goes, that even supposedly charismatic streamers maintain the same mentality. it's toxic in real life and it carries over to the game. "It can't be my fault if someone else can be blamed". It's a vicious cycle where nobody admits fault and therefore nobody solves their problems and ceases making the same mistakes. > > So I really don't care about the raw stats of how the strat is good or bad, I care about the attitudes surrounding the people involved and someone stepping up to the plate and saying "I was wrong, I could have handled that better". Instead we double down on our bad ideas and expect things to change. It won't happen. 4 people on a team of 5 didn't want the teemo doing that because they know it fucks up the game. wake up
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlRGvrEY,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T17:20:02.801+0000) > > 4 people on a team of 5 didn't want the teemo doing that because they know it fucks up the game. > wake up 3 people actually, but you're missing the point. You're saying it was okay to ragequit because they didn't like the strategy. It wasn't. I don't care if they didn't like it, they lost the game for the team, not the Teemo. You aren't entitled to AFKing or flaming just because someone does something off meta. Running it down is one thing, what Nubrac did was another. You know this, you just don't like the strat and take up for those who the feel the same. It's a toxic mentality and ultimately more unhealthy for the game than the Teemo itself.
: > [{quoted}](name=Investa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlRGvrEY,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-06-22T15:57:33.649+0000) > > What gets me about the situation is NB3 was told to dodge by his chat or something in champ select and gave him the benefit of the doubt after seeing his winrate. Appropriate. Then literally 3 minutes after minions spawn, with no score on the board, he flips his shit at Teemo being mid. He even got Irelia first blood. He was tilted before anything actually transpired, and spoke it to chat which messed up the rest of his teammates. Only top and Nubrac actually tried after a certain point, where as the ADC, midlaner and NB3 were all AFK. Nightblue was 0/2/1 and failed to even try and adapt to the situation. Nubracs track record shows that the games are winnable more often than not; 70% of the time even. The mid Teemo support didn't cause the loss, the crying team of ragequitters did. Classic case of pointing fingers, creating scapegoats and not acknowledging your personal responsibilities. the fb doesn't matter when 2 waves of experience have been shared with nubrac's troll teemo. neither does whatever extra gold irelia has cause one would have to maintain a 20 cs advantage for each level advantage the opponent would get by being in a solo lane. BUT WHATEVER none of ya'll even know how this game works and it makes me sick
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlRGvrEY,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-06-22T16:22:22.120+0000) > > the fb doesn't matter when 2 waves of experience have been shared with nubrac's troll teemo. > neither does whatever extra gold irelia has cause one would have to maintain a 20 cs advantage for each level advantage the opponent would get by being in a solo lane. > BUT WHATEVER > none of ya'll even know how this game works and it makes me sick I don't know every intricacy of the game, but I've seen it grow over it's 9 of their 10 year lifespan and seen strategies that people considered troll to become the norm. So forgive me if I am not on board the hate train over a strategy like this and am more upset with the way prolific individuals handled themselves. At the end of the day, the viability of the strategy is not the issue here. Nubrac was not trolling and was not trying to cause his team to lose as evidenced by his winrate with the strategy. His communication could be better, but that alone is not 14 day ban worthy. Fact of the matter is he was only punished due to a high profile individuals personally contacting a Riot employee crying for something to be done and giving biased information that put him in a good light. People overlook his rage and AFK because they feel it was "justified" and that they would do the same in his situation. That is not what makes a good decision. You can relate to it however you want, but it doesn't put you or him in the right. It's systemic of a much bigger problem with the community that I've seen develop over the course of those 9 years and that's accountability. Nobody takes accountability. It's always someone else's fault. Rarely does someone give first blood in an obvious blunder and say "hey guys, my mistake, I'm sorry and I'll play safer". No, they spam ping the closest person and passive-aggressively ask why they let them die like that. This situation just magnifies how deep it goes, that even supposedly charismatic streamers maintain the same mentality. it's toxic in real life and it carries over to the game. "It can't be my fault if someone else can be blamed". It's a vicious cycle where nobody admits fault and therefore nobody solves their problems and ceases making the same mistakes. So I really don't care about the raw stats of how the strat is good or bad, I care about the attitudes surrounding the people involved and someone stepping up to the plate and saying "I was wrong, I could have handled that better". Instead we double down on our bad ideas and expect things to change. It won't happen.
: > [{quoted}](name=BetterjgwinsNA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=c7xmFKmA,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-21T16:16:34.334+0000) > > Man the fun part is that some brain damaged numbrac followers might actually do this XDD. > > They lack too many brain cells to distinguish between whats inting and whats actually meta. I just made a thread yesterday of nearly 90 votes and 13.7k views. And I summed up the trend of the people there. 1. Majority of Nubrac supporters were not even mid elo hell even unranked. (Only one of them was gold 2. Out of a post of near 90 total votes and 13.7k views.) 2. People opposing the strat had played around more than 3 seasons of this game. They by experience know it is not viable. 3. Most of Nubrac supporters were either sock accounts or around level 40. 4. Nubrac supporters had poor arguments how it actually benefits the team more than the established EU meta. 5. While the opposition had provided data, statistics, knowledge on how Teemo and the support role works. They were pretty much being schooled how it is "intolerant". ...Yeah.
> [{quoted}](name=Zeppelins circus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=c7xmFKmA,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-21T20:40:36.201+0000) > > I just made a thread yesterday of nearly 90 votes and 13.7k views. And I summed up the trend of the people there. > > 1. Majority of Nubrac supporters were not even mid elo hell even unranked. (Only one of them was gold 2. Out of a post of near 90 total votes and 13.7k views.) > 2. People opposing the strat had played around more than 3 seasons of this game. They by experience know it is not viable. > 3. Most of Nubrac supporters were either sock accounts or around level 40. > 4. Nubrac supporters had poor arguments how it actually benefits the team more than the established EU meta. > 5. While the opposition had provided data, statistics, knowledge on how Teemo and the support role works. They were pretty much being schooled how it is "intolerant". > > ...Yeah. Anecdote. Anecdote. Anecdote. Anecdote. Anecdote. You justify the hate on Nubrac by pointing out things like the relative skill level of people supporting him or people opposing him as if that makes a fuck. His strat had problems, mostly because of his lack of communication, but the games he did play with it he won over 70% of the time. It was not braindead or nonviable. Maybe in a vacuum it can be argued its flaws, but nobody takes into account the sheer shock value that undermines the enemies strategy when facing it. The community has a terrible time adapting, that's why new or reworked champs are banned regardless of their power-level; as it would take time and effort they don't want to spend to learn the matchup and it's workings. That said, NB3 reacted incredibly poorly as did other pros that supported him. By minute 3 the guy had started flaming, which inevitably destroys the morale of the rest of the team. Three people AFK'd by 15 minutes despite the game not being that far gone (I believe the score was 2/12 and I didn't know the farm of each team). Not to mention the enemy botlane was a Taric/Sona so they would have gotten outscaled anyway. It was winnable and only did they lose because of the ragers, not the Teemo. Communication is important and he'd have a huge benefit duoing with an ADC to reduce team friction. However, NB3 was totally in the wrong with the way he handled it and his ban was deserved if Nubrac also got one. Optimally, nobody would have gotten banned, but this is what he wrought himself.
: Revert Akali. 10 Nerfs after rework = rework was a failure.
Not indicative of a failure, indicative of a champ that is insanely good at high skill and insanely bad at low skill while maintaining a frustrating play-style. Old Akali was not free of problems, and went through controversies depending on the meta that were arguably worse than her current state. Balance isn't easy, but people fail to realize the circumstances: 90% of the playerbase is under Diamond, and it's under Diamond where people fail with her the most. In high Elo and professional, she's a monster. Is that good design? Probably not, but high skill cap characters that less skilled players flop on their face with is nothing new to this game, genre or competitive games as a whole.
: You're right i don't want Nubrac on my team even though i support him.
What gets me about the situation is NB3 was told to dodge by his chat or something in champ select and gave him the benefit of the doubt after seeing his winrate. Appropriate. Then literally 3 minutes after minions spawn, with no score on the board, he flips his shit at Teemo being mid. He even got Irelia first blood. He was tilted before anything actually transpired, and spoke it to chat which messed up the rest of his teammates. Only top and Nubrac actually tried after a certain point, where as the ADC, midlaner and NB3 were all AFK. Nightblue was 0/2/1 and failed to even try and adapt to the situation. Nubracs track record shows that the games are winnable more often than not; 70% of the time even. The mid Teemo support didn't cause the loss, the crying team of ragequitters did. Classic case of pointing fingers, creating scapegoats and not acknowledging your personal responsibilities.
Manxxom (NA)
: I am concerned of how people will think of riot, and where league of legends is going.
I disagree that things would be in a better spot if they balanced based on community feedback more. You think the minority of people that come to these forums actually know what they want or what they are even talking about? 80% of posts here are complaining about something like a champion they hate or want removed because of a bad game or losing streak. Half the roster would be nerfed to unplayability if they listened to these cretins, and I say that with the upmost love and respect. I think they balance a little too hard around higher level play and professional which they then hope trickles down, but recently they've announced they will start balancing for all levels, which is a step in the right direction. Stats are an unbiased metric they can look at to access balance, where as opinions from all different levels of players can vary and are often unsubstantiated outside of some anecdotal evidence. This is a place people vent, not a place people come to have constructive debates about the state of the game. It's an echo-chamber for people who spend more time bitching than playing the game they bitch about. So I'm not on board having these people dictate balancing the game more than they already do.
: So Riot can make a Dota Chess clone in less than half a year, but at the same time they...
> [{quoted}](name=TrueMortal v2,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jMG8BLAE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-18T23:20:06.021+0000) > > - Can't focus on fixing the buggy-ass game with countless problems/lags/gamebreaking stuff exacerbating patch after patch after patch and so forth > - Can't fix bugged to no-end client people have been having ACTUAL issues about for how long? Since it's release? > - Fail to create at least somewhat decent balance **for YEARS** > - Provide countless excuses for not doing something they should've done and vice versa, and then MAYBE adressing the issue **WAY too late**or taking an insane amount of time to roll back on a previous decision (but mostly, just never) > - Don't adress the damage meta in the game that's been going on since season 6-7 which people are totally sick of right now and would sincerely like to change > - Refuse to keep Nexus Blitz, an orignial fun gameplay mode, after just a few months of it's development and testing because reasons > - Can't fix Clash while providing more excuses for it > - Constantly feed us the lie that they listen to constructive feedback yet the majority if not all contstructive posts made on these forums are left ignored yet again and again,months after months, _especially_ the balance ones > > and more,and more and more... > > Excuse you, who the fuck are you trying to bullshit here Riot? > > Like seriously, think about it. If Riot would be adressing in-game/client/community problems at speed they released Teamfight Tactics or, hell, release skins, **I'm confident half of peoples' complaints on League would be non-existant right now**. And yet the main game remains stale, broken, unplayable for some, _ for YEARS_, but hey you've got this new game mode, _made in under half a year,_ that Riot totally didn't just rip-off just for monetisation purposes! > > I sincerely encourage people to stop showing support for Riot Games, specifically monetarily. From what I can deduce, the speed at which they managed to "release" (read:copy-paste) a new game mode does not correlate to how they fail to adress aforementioned issues _with taking it so damn long or in majority of times simply never_, and this impudent behavior of another cash grab campaign should not be once again tolerated I don't know how long you've been playing, but the game is much more optimized and with much fewer bugs than ever before. A game that gets a new update twice a month is going to introduce bugs and considering that, it's in a pretty good state. Client bugs are also much improved ever since the release of the new client. For the most part, people don't have the same issues they had with the legacy version. Bugs exist here, but compared to the past, again it's such a non-issue. Game-breaking bugs with the client are more often than not user side errors. Subjective. Metas come and go and the game fluctuates in it's balance as time progresses. I refer back to the bi-weekly updates, that are always introducing balance changes. A game of this size with quick updates will never be truly balanced. New strats appear that wouldn't have been seen as a problem until people utilize them a certain way. It's simply impossible to achieve true balance, and if you see the game as entirely unbalanced then I'd think that's a personal issue. Vague and subjective. Refusal to address the damage meta is a misnomer. They address it, but as I pointed out, balance isn't exactly easy to achieve. They could do hardline nerfs across the board that would change the meta, but it'd probably go to a tank meta or otherwise slower meta that you'd likely also take issue with. Has NB been official deconfirmed? I have no idea why they'd cancel a gamemode like that, unless of course they didn't and it's just been shelved for the time being. For someone complaining about balance, you seem fine with NB being un-optimized. Better they explain why they are having trouble fixing the problem than put out a shite competitive mode. I probably sound like I'm sucking Riot off quite a bit here, but I'm simply mirroring your aggressive and pessimistic stance with a more hopeful and understanding one. If the "constructive" posts made are anything like this, you misunderstand what constructive critique is. Uninstall. Follow your own advice and uninstall.
Kai Guy (NA)
: In my experience. I have had some success when I point out to teammates that its unlikely for all 5 of us to be better then our enemy counterparts. Some ones likely to be outclassed. So the attitude or expectation that your teammates have to be better is inherently flawed. When a enemy player is proven to play well, call attention to it. Rather then flame my top after 2 deaths I will ask how good is their top. Many players rely on all teammates to win for them to climb however... that's kinda when they get stuck in a MMR. On the topic of Dunning-Kruger. In league players tend to judge their skill by their best champions and their best games with those champions. They then compare everybody in their MMR for any random game they have them in to that to create their opinion for other players skill. Hence "I am better then my MMR!" being so common place.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WdbAToqn,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-10T19:12:44.975+0000) > On the topic of Dunning-Kruger. In league players tend to judge their skill by their best champions and their best games with those champions. They then compare everybody in their MMR for any random game they have them in to that to create their opinion for other players skill. Hence "I am better then my MMR!" being so common place. This is super poignant. It's the same scenario as someone taking too long at a bank teller and you assume it's just because they are an incompetent asshole, but that time it was YOU taking too long at the bank teller, you simply misplaced your card, forgot your wallet, was having a bad day, the teller was rude, etc. Our perception of others is inherently judgmental compared to ourselves in that same situation. We give three kills to their mid laner, it's cause we lagged or didn't get ganked or are simply having an off day. But when your top gives three kills, it's because they were too stupid to ward, overextended like an ape, got countered because they don't know the meta, or simply don't know how to play.
: Hey remember nexus blitz
I'm sure Nexus Blitz will return, this new mode isn't the end-all be all of RGM. You guys too often have a "the sky is falling" mentality whenever anything is said or announced that you don't 100% jive with. Just chill out for a second.
: Karma is the Duchess of Ionia, but doesn’t interact with any Ionian champions in game
Champion specific interactions are a fairly new feature. Karma was one of the first big reworks, so this wasn't in the game when her lines were recorded. One day I'm sure all champs will be updated to have interactions and meaningful and relevant voice lines/lore. It just takes time.
Muzen (NA)
: suggestion to make league a better game.
On paper a performance based rating system could work. Not so much in practice. Too many variables would need to be considered, and it'd be super easy to game the system depending on how it's measured. Games already end slower because people farm kills in the fountain instead of hitting the Nexus, and sometimes this results in them getting aced and actually losing the game. It's happened to me more than I care to count.
: [OFF TOPIC] Sony announced the Gaymer system is going on the open market next year...
When pandering goes wrong. This is why I find pride month and wearing your orientation on your sleeve to be more trouble than it's worth. Companies take it seriously and try to make a buck off of it. I don't apply the LGBT label to myself for this very reason. I refuse to be boiled down as a person to nothing more than occasionally liking the same sex.
: > [{quoted}](name=Investa,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WdbAToqn,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-09T20:00:38.754+0000) > > I guess that's why this thread is getting down-voted. Good advice or not, don't tell me what to do, Mom. I really shouldn't have expected anything else from the boards, a cesspit that only accepts posts that shit on the game and reinforce their toxic ideas. Can't say I didn't try at least. > > {{sticker:sg-lulu}} the thing is, itd be easier to explain advice with voice. giving advice in text makes people think you are flaming them. in a lot of cases in player behavior, people are saying their advice in the most bitch way possible, masking their toxicity for giving advice. that is why the system bans/muted you for this "offense". the community has deemed it reportable and they do not like it. i used to give advice and stuff, or at least try. people would listen sometimes, as this was back in season 2-3, when the game wasn't utter garbage. if I tried to now, id prob be perm banned
> [{quoted}](name=XJ99999999999999,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WdbAToqn,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-09T22:03:39.758+0000) > > the thing is, itd be easier to explain advice with voice. giving advice in text makes people think you are flaming them. > > in a lot of cases in player behavior, people are saying their advice in the most bitch way possible, masking their toxicity for giving advice. > > that is why the system bans/muted you for this "offense". the community has deemed it reportable and they do not like it. > > i used to give advice and stuff, or at least try. people would listen sometimes, as this was back in season 2-3, when the game wasn't utter garbage. if I tried to now, id prob be perm banned It's sad that people can't take advice through text without thinking you are being rude. There's plenty of ways of making your statements clear enough that they don't come off as flaming. People blur the line by hiding toxicity as advice like you said, but it should be clear to at least Riot your intent. I mean, it SHOULD be.
: Autofill
If you could choose to not have an autofill, it'd defeat the entire purpose of autofill.
: i cant read atm but I will say yes, telling someone advice like "don't do that" isn't going to do anything because it already happened. The best you can do is just ping Back back back danger danger when the jungler is near. it just annoys them. humans are naturally rebels, so if you tell them what to do it will just piss them off.
> [{quoted}](name=XJ99999999999999,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WdbAToqn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-09T16:56:34.961+0000) > it just annoys them. humans are naturally rebels, so if you tell them what to do it will just piss them off. I guess that's why this thread is getting down-voted. Good advice or not, don't tell me what to do, Mom. I really shouldn't have expected anything else from the boards, a cesspit that only accepts posts that shit on the game and reinforce their toxic ideas. Can't say I didn't try at least. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
Anu3isII (EUNE)
: Yeah, checking the stats again, her Full AP build is very popular until Plat+ and fares decently currently. I thought her Supportive build was at least as popular, since it was the one that relaunched her as a Support in the bot lane with huge success. But I guess people would rather see the world burn than protecting it xD
> [{quoted}](name=Anu3isII,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vvTmT1rX,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-09T19:40:04.339+0000) > > Yeah, checking the stats again, her Full AP build is very popular until Plat+ and fares decently currently. I thought her Supportive build was at least as popular, since it was the one that relaunched her as a Support in the bot lane with huge success. > > But I guess people would rather see the world burn than protecting it xD Considering most people fail to see the strength of an actual support Lux build and will adamantly push their Lux support to build full AP, I can see why this happens. Even my friends encourage me to build full AP after my support item, but I won't do it. Athenes is so good on her, as is Censer if you have even one or two auto attack champs. In fact, Koreans are building mid-Lux with a few support items because she falls off if she can't land roots. With Athenes, Censer or Redemption, she can support from the backline to great effect even if she can't make plays. Her team-wide shield is under-estimated.
: Mage using aftershock to do 0 damage, why do you even complain about it? Cuz its hard to 1 shot a lux with Zed, blame mage itemization. Literally mages have 1 armor items. Looks normal to me, stop bitching and find good solution like asking riot to add more mages armor items.
> [{quoted}](name=taleofsonata,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vvTmT1rX,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-06-09T18:25:13.306+0000) > > Mage using aftershock to do 0 damage, why do you even complain about it? Cuz its hard to 1 shot a lux with Zed, blame mage itemization. Literally mages have 1 armor items. Looks normal to me, stop bitching and find good solution like asking riot to add more mages armor items. They complain about it because of the resists it gives, which allows her to build glass cannon without the glass part. I see why people would take issue with it and the rune itself likely needs a tweak because the only reason it's taken on mages like her is because of the stats, not because of the proc, which Lux virtually cannot use. That IMO is bad design.
Targon (NA)
: "Can't help finding it funny though that for years Lux was considered a troll pick in support, **but almost nothing has changed but the meta** and what people pick then you have pros and challengers pick it and now it's way OP." That's not true though. Over the last few years, Lux has received buff after buff after buff. Her Q cooldown used to be 15 seconds at rank 1, and now it's 10. Her W shield has been buffed significantly too (in particular, the return shield). Her E cooldown and mana cost has been reduced and the slow has been increased, and her R got a partial reset mechanic in season 7 (or 8, I can't remember). When Lulu, Janna, Orianna, and Karma got their shields nerfed after the Ardent Meta, Lux got hers buffed. The only nerf Lux has received in the last 3 years is they made her E a little bit more difficult to land. Personally, I've thought Lux was sleeper OP for awhile now and at the very least, overtuned, and now more and more people are realizing it. In this high damage meta, Lux's kit fits perfectly, oddly enough. She has good, long ranged damage, CC, and provides a massive low cool down shield to soak up huge amounts of damage for her team. Aftershock helps prevent her from feeding in its current state too, but she's still strong with Arcane Comet and Aery too.
> [{quoted}](name=Targon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vvTmT1rX,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2019-06-09T17:11:51.219+0000) > > "Can't help finding it funny though that for years Lux was considered a troll pick in support, **but almost nothing has changed but the meta** and what people pick then you have pros and challengers pick it and now it's way OP." > > That's not true though. Over the last few years, Lux has received buff after buff after buff. Her Q cooldown used to be 15 seconds at rank 1, and now it's 10. Her W shield has been buffed significantly too (in particular, the return shield). Her E cooldown and mana cost has been reduced and the slow has been increased, and her R got a partial reset mechanic in season 7 (or 8, I can't remember). When Lulu, Janna, Orianna, and Karma got their shields nerfed after the Ardent Meta, Lux got hers buffed. The only nerf Lux has received in the last 3 years is they made her E a little bit more difficult to land. > > Personally, I've thought Lux was sleeper OP for awhile now and at the very least, overtuned, and now more and more people are realizing it. In this high damage meta, Lux's kit fits perfectly, oddly enough. She has good, long ranged damage, CC, and provides a massive low cool down shield to soak up huge amounts of damage for her team. Aftershock helps prevent her from feeding in its current state too, but she's still strong with Arcane Comet and Aery too. Yeah, she's gotten small tweaks here and there over the years, but I guess what I meant by my post is nothing happened within the last few patches that put her at this level. The shield buff was like 2 seasons ago which I loved because they nerfed single target shields and buffed an AoE shield (Karma Mantra'd E not withstanding). Her Q CD was recent I believe and her E detonate was a QoL buff that helped a lot. She's being played more now because of the pros; she's always been good in my eyes, but now she has the spotlight on her and will likely get nerfed, despite me thinking she's pretty balanced as is. She's been in a pool of champs that has been universally good but never really overpowered and thus remained in relative obscurity and average pick/ban rate.
: > [{quoted}](name=Investa,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WdbAToqn,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-09T16:00:06.679+0000) > > I mean, people may be assholes but I don't like the simplicity of that reason. Nobody is always an asshole, and anyone can be put in that situation. I think more goes into it that we don't realize to bring us to that point, and recognizing it can be helpful in avoiding it. Some may seek to ruin the game just because they are assholes, but even Tyler1 in his day wasn't mean for the sake of it, he had an inflated ego and felt like everyone should perform as he did, regardless of anything else. When they failed, he'd flame because he found it to be unacceptable. in all my days of diamond and watching streams soloq chat is 90% used to flame the other 10% is the baron calls split push calls and early game invades every other strategic decision is done through pings this is why mute all improves your gameplay because even in those 10% of cases you can easily follow through pings
Sure, worst case scenario not talking is better than getting flamed, but I like the idea of teams getting along and playing as, ya know, teams. I understand it's a very hard concept and I probably give people waaay too much credit, but I'm not giving up on ya'll.
Antenora (EUW)
: I said this before and I'll say this again. # REDUCE RESISTANCES GAINED BY 50% FOR RANGED CHAMPIONS. Lux, Fiddlesticks, Lissandra and any other non melee tanks/bruisers have no business using this keystone.   Lux is a top tier support even when she uses Aery or Comet though. She's not OP because of just Aftershock. She's OP as champion, Aftershock just makes that more visible.
If you think Lux is OP then play Yasuo and negate three of her spells and her passive with a single ability, or play any other assassin because she's immobile and only stays safe because of her shield and CC. Zed can dodge her root and kill her through her shield and barrier.
: Who would win: a selection of champions specifically designed for the support role
As a Lux support I really hate the idea of taking aftershock on her. It's only done because of the tank stats it offers and that full resolve has good synergy with her kit. Guardian doesn't go well with her team-wide shield and has a longer cooldown than a similar keystone like Aery. So to go resolve primary aftershock is the only real option. If they made it melee only it'd make Guardian the only option then. I still prefer other rune-setups, and I don't like maxing W first because then I have no damage as a poke support. W max second is way more preferable. Can't help finding it funny though that for years Lux was considered a troll pick in support, but almost nothing has changed but the meta and what people pick then you have pros and challengers pick it and now it's way OP. I've mained her support since her release and it's been solid, granted I've never gone above a gold level. Best option though would be some nerf of aftershock to make it less attractive on non-engage and buffing their other options. Maybe don't make the rune melee only but the tank stats melee only, and give ranged a different passive as a tradeoff.
: Their still nerfing Tahm support LMFAO
If they nerf Tahm support it's only because of pro-play. I herald the day they make seperate patches for pro and the rest of us, because it's a fantasy they won't let go that the games should be identical so people can follow it. I understand why they think this, but it's no longer feasible. It just prompts players to take strange strats they saw in pro and feed with it while Riot has to balance for pro-play and it adversely affects everyone else because of the fundamental differences between the two.
: wow thats a large wall of text everyone knows that distracting their team with pointless insults doesn't make them play better the 30minute comment you should have picked something else the hindsight vision after a fight that went poorly doesn't do anything to change the outcome people just do it because they are assholes
> [{quoted}](name=Ornndyr2k19,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WdbAToqn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-09T15:56:47.190+0000) > > wow thats a large wall of text > > everyone knows that distracting their team with pointless insults doesn't make them play better > > the 30minute comment you should have picked something else > the hindsight vision after a fight that went poorly doesn't do anything to change the outcome > > people just do it because they are assholes I mean, people may be assholes but I don't like the simplicity of that reason. Nobody is always an asshole, and anyone can be put in that situation. I think more goes into it that we don't realize to bring us to that point, and recognizing it can be helpful in avoiding it. Some may seek to ruin the game just because they are assholes, but even Tyler1 in his day wasn't mean for the sake of it, he had an inflated ego and felt like everyone should perform as he did, regardless of anything else. When they failed, he'd flame because he found it to be unacceptable.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Investa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pqJ6j6Ia,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-06-05T17:52:21.330+0000) > > I know I'm a month late in reply, but that epilepsy issue with their flashing reward icon was fixed very quickly. Only after an outrage-fest that blew up outside of the League community. I'd be willing to bet their legal team got involved after a developer went on record saying they were not going to fix a confirmed photosensitive epilepsy trigger. Thats lawsuit territory if someone actually gets hurt, and the fact that it takes that much outside influence to get Riot to pay attention is shameful. >As someone who's been a part of the community virtually since it's inception, I'd say it's a misnomer that Riot does not communicate or listen to it's players. They communicate very poorly compared to some other devs. They're strictly middling. Way better than DOTA, slightly better than HOTS, way worse than Warframe. As someone that's been here since 2013, the trend, a couple of blips notwithstanding, is strictly downward. >Many of the features we have today in game are because of community input. How much of that is purely cosmetic? Look at the red tracker - the great majority of red posts are in the story boards. If Riot in general was half as communicative as the lore team, we wouldn't be having this conversation. How much do they listen on stuff that actually matters? When's the last time a single word was said on the matter of player behavior? Dissatisfaction as to matchmaking this season seems to be a lot louder than any previous season. The client is a mess. They *just now* gave an update on Clash, and basically upended what it was originally supposed to be because their backend is such a mess it can't handle all the games starting simultaneously. But it's shiny and they're making new skins, which is neat, I guess. Meanwhile, games and RP are lost due to the godforsaken client failing to lock shit in. Guess which of those two is the bigger concern? Guess which one gets more attention? >Of course, it's not perfect and they can do better. They recently announced being more transparent with their balancing decisions and I think that's a step in the right direction. Agreed, credit where credit is due there. If it winds up being a turning point, I'll be first in line to get my serving of crow pie, but past behaving being the best predictor of future behavior, I'm not holding my breath. These grand initiatives have a habit of stalling out and going nowhere. >We players may think we know how the game is supposed to be balanced or what issues should be prioritized. We are also the same players that bitch about our team holding us back instead of looking at the errors we make every single game. We are the players that honestly request certain champs be removed outright because it's too difficult to adapt our playstyle to accommodate them being in the match. We are the same players that build the same items every single game and complain when we get two shot as our build has no defense whatsoever. I hope you are seeing my point here. There are anywhere from 30-80 million people who play this game. I don't think you can generalize the playerbase like that.
> [{quoted}](name=Karunamon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pqJ6j6Ia,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-05T18:18:44.179+0000) > There are anywhere from 30-80 million people who play this game. I don't think you can generalize the playerbase like that. It is perhaps unfair, as this is usually indicative of the loud minority, than most players. More often than not the people I interact with are nice and willing to accept their own mistakes as well as change with the game. But man, hearing the minority shout so loud can get demoralizing.
: > [{quoted}](name=inbredpsychosis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pqJ6j6Ia,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-12T17:56:15.139+0000) > > > Game is far from perfect, but you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. If I were a Red, I'd steer far from most people here because if I do offer my input, I would get put on blast unless I specifically agreed with the sentiment of rito literally doo doo. and I don't think that would be good for my job security. Riot: Boards suck, people are always upset at us, let's just ignore it Boards: Riot doesn't listen and is evasive Riot: (surprised pikachu face) ---- Maybe, just maybe, if Riot stopped pissing people off and not listening, people would be less upset at them all the time? Maybe if long-standing concerns (when's the last time anyone heard word one from the player behavior team?) were addressed rather than left alone for *literal years*, people would be less likely to jump a red name's shit the moment they poke their head in. Maybe if some background to balance issues could actually be teased out of a Rioter rather than it being like pulling fucking teeth, people would be less cheesed off about patch notes? [Maybe if, when a player posts about a legitimate health concern, the first response is not "we're not doing anything about it"?](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/GN0cboPj-new-house-mission-finishers-trigger-epilepsy) They're the smaller group, and they're centrally managed. If the directive came down from on high to talk to players more, it would happen. They're also paid professionals who should be able to put up with unhappy paying customers without these excuses of "unpleasantness". They're the ones that have to change first, if there is any appetite for changing in the first place. And a word - communication is something that's bidirectional. Announcements made on the boards with no *substantive* follow up do not count as engagement.
> [{quoted}](name=Karunamon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pqJ6j6Ia,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-05-15T01:34:28.719+0000) > > Riot: Boards suck, people are always upset at us, let's just ignore it > > Boards: Riot doesn't listen and is evasive > > Riot: (surprised pikachu face) > > ---- > > Maybe, just maybe, if Riot stopped pissing people off and not listening, people would be less upset at them all the time? Maybe if long-standing concerns (when's the last time anyone heard word one from the player behavior team?) were addressed rather than left alone for *literal years*, people would be less likely to jump a red name's shit the moment they poke their head in. Maybe if some background to balance issues could actually be teased out of a Rioter rather than it being like pulling fucking teeth, people would be less cheesed off about patch notes? > > [Maybe if, when a player posts about a legitimate health concern, the first response is not "we're not doing anything about it"?](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/GN0cboPj-new-house-mission-finishers-trigger-epilepsy) > > They're the smaller group, and they're centrally managed. If the directive came down from on high to talk to players more, it would happen. They're also paid professionals who should be able to put up with unhappy paying customers without these excuses of "unpleasantness". > > They're the ones that have to change first, if there is any appetite for changing in the first place. > > And a word - communication is something that's bidirectional. Announcements made on the boards with no *substantive* follow up do not count as engagement. I know I'm a month late in reply, but that epilepsy issue with their flashing reward icon was fixed very quickly. As someone who's been a part of the community virtually since it's inception, I'd say it's a misnomer that Riot does not communicate or listen to it's players. Many of the features we have today in game are because of community input. Skin ideas became a reality, and just recently they let us vote on the next VGU. It's easy to focus just on the negative or the times Riot didn't sound off when they should have or in the time we thought was appropriate. That does not mean it never happens, and we are naturally going to be biased in favor of what we are seeing instead of what the big picture shows. If all you see is your own backyard you'd be convinced that it's the best yard. Little do you know however, across the street beyond your own fence is an even better yard. Unless you check every forum at all times you can't objectively say they never listen, as you may just not be seeing it when they do. Of course, it's not perfect and they can do better. They recently announced being more transparent with their balancing decisions and I think that's a step in the right direction. We players may think we know how the game is supposed to be balanced or what issues should be prioritized. We are also the same players that bitch about our team holding us back instead of looking at the errors we make every single game. We are the players that honestly request certain champs be removed outright because it's too difficult to adapt our playstyle to accommodate them being in the match. We are the same players that build the same items every single game and complain when we get two shot as our build has no defense whatsoever. I hope you are seeing my point here. I love the game and have loved the changes even if I didn't right away. Some metas have been worse than others and I absolutely hated them but I still played and still had fun. I trust Riot to do what needs to be done more than I trust some randos on the forums who will literally complain about anything if it gives them something to do.
: Pride month attempts to celebrate those who are typically marginalized by society who are part of the LGBT+ community. Basically, if you don't like "who you're supposed to", like if you're a girl and you like another girl. A lot of people get shut out of society for that so this month celebrates those people.
Not that I'm against pride month specifically, I dislike any of these "celebration" months for identity we have no control over. Just seems superfluous, as why would you restrict being proud of who you are to a single month? Or for that matter, why take pride in it at all and just take pride in your accomplishments that may or may not have to do with your sexuality/race/etc. Plus, in Western society, people are celebrated at a far greater rate than those who persecute them. The irony is the true minorities are those who hate these "marginalized" people. It's pretty much normalized here. Now, I have to give huge respect to those with the courage to have pride in things like this in a country in the middle east or Africa. Or China, or North Korea or Vietnam or...Yeah, the rest of the world has a long way to go.
: > [{quoted}](name=14daysuspensionk,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GN0cboPj,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-13T14:49:13.337+0000) > > That meme doesn't even make any fucking sense. What does it mean? It does It's just extremely dark humor that you're not getting Lookup what a strobe light does and then what commonly triggers epilepsy {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
> [{quoted}](name=Demon King Maou,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GN0cboPj,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-13T15:48:08.440+0000) > > It does > It's just extremely dark humor that you're not getting > > Lookup what a strobe light does and then what commonly triggers epilepsy > {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} The issue is Mickey's response to it that makes little sense.
: The Community is somehow getting worse as the game goes on
I've never seen overt racism or sexism in all 9 years of playing. Usually it's just as you say, sore losers and people who want nothing more than to ruin the fun of everyone else. I can't say if it's worse now, because we have things like roles so people don't fight in champ select and lose before ever starting the game. The meta is also more friendly to roles like jungle and support so they have more fun and don't end up raging because of their role.
: Unpopular opinion the biggest problem right now is the punishment system.
IP bans are archaic and no longer functional with the advent of subscription VPNs. I have an unpopular opinion of my own: circumventing a toxic environment may be easier done through reward than punishment. A competitive game that relies on teamwork will inherently have players who cannot cope with the outcome. I've even seen people win games hand over-fist and still be unhappy or toxic. I think in a small part what we as players can do to help is not feed this culture. If you are in a game, be the opposite of toxic no matter what. Support your team with compliments and well meaning advice even if they are assholes themselves. People act out because of a specific reason, not because they are inherently bad. If you prove to them what they already think, they won't change any time soon, and if they think everyone is just as bad as they are, then why would they?
R E (EUNE)
: I only now figured out the purpose of the boards
You shouldn't need a red's input to have constructive conversation about the state of the game. From my experience, it's a cesspool of rage. People find and connect with others who hate the game as much as they do and little substance is ever truly formulated. You have times where people make actual posts but someone could make a thread saying literally "rito is doo doo butter" and it'd get break upvote records and everyone would just come together to literally...come together. It's a circlejerk as someone said. Game is far from perfect, but you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. If I were a Red, I'd steer far from most people here because if I do offer my input, I would get put on blast unless I specifically agreed with the sentiment of rito literally doo doo. and I don't think that would be good for my job security.
: > [{quoted}](name=inbredpsychosis,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rTdzQ11a,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-12T03:52:09.111+0000) > > I'm sure funnel strats are not the norm, at least not so much anymore. It's hard to fully get rid of them, but changes have been made to mitigate them. That said, when you saw that it was a funnel strat you should have played like it was one. You instead played like you were against a normal top lane and complain when that didn't work. Your job shouldn't have been to shut down the Lulu as you said it wouldn't have mattered. If Twitch is going around killing your team, use that TP and meet him. You are Renekton and you can fuck him up. What's Lulu gonna do? She can't match your TP and she isn't going to do shit by herself anyway. > > Someone else mentioned it too but, be a front liner and protect your own carries. Vayne didn't do bad and she out-carries Twitch and Sivir combined. She just needs to be protected. You won't be doing much protecting if you try to do all the damage yourself. There's reasons the 4 support + Vayne/Kog meta was a thing. Or maybe enchanter supports should be gutted until rework instead of allowing them to continue to be a pure statcheck that gives an adc three additional items by pressing two buttons. Soraka, lulu, janna should all be gutted it's too much for soloQ to handle this shit. It's uninteractive, has no counterplay apart from coordination which is lacking in soloQ until a certain lvl and even then you see certain duos playing that shit up to high challenger and it's destroying the integrity of the ranked ladder considering these players cheese into ranks they don't deserve and once they play solo or have to deviate from their shit strat they just hard int the game. Unfortunately this shit makes money so nothing will happen. League has already been degraded into a game that heavily lacks skill so whatever might as well just continue. It's okay when supports press their buttons and a keystone (aery) makes their buttons more effective. God beware melee bruisers have a keystone, that needs to have like five different mechanics and presets to activate it before you get your power on top of the champs own minigames and mechanics that have to be played for you to become a real champion. Not when you play support or literally any other champion class. You play the same way as always and your keystone triggers and gives you a bonus for doing what you always do. Electrocute, aery, comet, klepto, aftershock.
> [{quoted}](name=SuperTopLFBottom,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rTdzQ11a,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-05-12T16:52:09.089+0000) > > Or maybe enchanter supports should be gutted until rework instead of allowing them to continue to be a pure statcheck that gives an adc three additional items by pressing two buttons. > > Soraka, lulu, janna should all be gutted it's too much for soloQ to handle this shit. It's uninteractive, has no counterplay apart from coordination which is lacking in soloQ until a certain lvl and even then you see certain duos playing that shit up to high challenger and it's destroying the integrity of the ranked ladder considering these players cheese into ranks they don't deserve and once they play solo or have to deviate from their shit strat they just hard int the game. > > Unfortunately this shit makes money so nothing will happen. League has already been degraded into a game that heavily lacks skill so whatever might as well just continue. > > It's okay when supports press their buttons and a keystone (aery) makes their buttons more effective. God beware melee bruisers have a keystone, that needs to have like five different mechanics and presets to activate it before you get your power on top of the champs own minigames and mechanics that have to be played for you to become a real champion. > > Not when you play support or literally any other champion class. You play the same way as always and your keystone triggers and gives you a bonus for doing what you always do. Electrocute, aery, comet, klepto, aftershock. As a support main who plays enchanters I cannot support the idea of "gutting" these champs. I don't think that's ever a viable solution. Not to mention these champs have already been "gutted" several times before. Shields nerfed across the board, support items taken out of viability. Still you complain, so I wonder if it's necessarily these champs that provide the issues or if it's much deeper? If maybe the problem lies in the meta as it stands and is bound to shift? Maybe it's the combos of champs? Maybe it's the unwillingness to adapt and change your formula for winning the second someone provides a better alternative?
: > [{quoted}](name=inbredpsychosis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPqrNEG1,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-12T03:58:55.816+0000) > > He spent time on it but it ultimately doesn't say much outside of a prettied up rage. He provides no real solutions to these problems and some of them don't really read to me as a problem for most anyway. I'm not giving someone credit because they take to the forums and complain. Everyone here does that and that's all they seem to do. If you hate it, toss around better ideas or uninstall and go to the park, man. I'm sorry but, is your reading comprehension below average? These are all valid points and an accurate analysis into the whole "damage" situation. By using multiple examples and comparisons, he has given us a small insight into how changed and unhealthy the current gameplay is in League. So what if he didn't provide conclusions? It's not his job to improve the game, it's up the gameplay development team to listen to our feedback and make the wisest choices. He isn't a rioter. He is a concerned player that cares about the game. I'm not sure if you noticed, he didn't provide a single opinion on how things should be changed in this post and only gave a new perspective to those who are ignorant about the unhealthy changes made in the past couple years. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
> [{quoted}](name=Chewy Candy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPqrNEG1,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2019-05-12T06:55:48.918+0000) > > I'm sorry but, is your reading comprehension below average? These are all valid points and an accurate analysis into the whole "damage" situation. By using multiple examples and comparisons, he has given us a small insight into how changed and unhealthy the current gameplay is in League. > > So what if he didn't provide conclusions? It's not his job to improve the game, it's up the gameplay development team to listen to our feedback and make the wisest choices. He isn't a rioter. He is a concerned player that cares about the game. I'm not sure if you noticed, he didn't provide a single opinion on how things should be changed in this post and only gave a new perspective to those who are ignorant about the unhealthy changes made in the past couple years. > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} Again, I'm taking more issue with the structure of the post coming off as if he knows it all. It's akin to me calling temperature changes in the Earth as something never before seen and damning to us all simply because our feeble human existances cannot comprehend the true lifespan of the planet and the universe. My point is simple: the game fluxuates all the time and things have objectively been ten times worse than they are now. Does that excuse the problems? No. Does it mean you can't voice your concerns? No. Forgive me if I'm a bit jaded when I come on the forums and 80% of the threads are negative and provide zero cohesive solutions. I want to fix problems not whine like spoiled children. > [{quoted}](name=i piss in jugs,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPqrNEG1,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-05-12T08:07:48.063+0000) > > You wont find much support here for your professional mindset which commands a salary. These threads are for still developing minds. I do not know if you are being tongue in cheek or genuinely think the forum is for slow learners. Not that you all have any obligation to convince me otherwise, but the idea that I've gleamed from attitudes you seem to perpetuate here is not being firmly shaken that you all may be just a negative hivemind that support the next flame that comes out of someones mouth. Am I truly the crazy one for giving Riot the benefit of the doubt when they have constructed a game that has vastly surpassed expectations? That I log in and play and have a good time? I come on the forums and I exclusively see people who do nothing but complain and say Riot is the worst ever. I guess it's not uncommon as the Warcraft forums were the absolute same cesspool. There is a reason the League community gets a rotten name. There is a reason the Overwatch community gets a rotten name. It's 24/7 constant barrage of mostly unconstructive negative energy that you may find you'd be benefit more by redirecting that into something positive.
: > [{quoted}](name=inbredpsychosis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPqrNEG1,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-05-12T04:01:32.287+0000) > > Insightful, tell me more. if you are wondering why it was removed, a pre-censored word was present in the post that gave the algorithm the idea I was making a racist slur. You clearly read the post already though so I don't know why you are complaining? It is not about algorithm, your comment was reported to moderators and they removed it manually. Op made a very good post about game balance. You can argue his points and start a conversation. Why do you get irritated when people point out that something is wrong with the game. Only respecting other people's opinions the forum can function.
> [{quoted}](name=GoldsmithSmarty,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPqrNEG1,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-12T14:19:39.925+0000) > > It is not about algorithm, your comment was reported to moderators and they removed it manually. > Op made a very good post about game balance. You can argue his points and start a conversation. Why do you get irritated when people point out that something is wrong with the game. Only respecting other people's opinions the forum can function. Ah, it seemed to be more automated. If I didn't respect his opinions I'd call him a dolt and move on or not bother responding at all. It's not that I lack respect for this individual it's just I've heard it all before. I've seen the game change and evolve bi-weekly for better or worse. People complain about something one week, it gets fixed and they move on to another complaint. It irks me to the core when people complain without posing adequate solutions; in game or in life. If you are unhappy, then vent. I do not care, but trying to act like you know for a fact that the game is fundemantally broken because you lose ranked games and probably have a bad attitude anyway and blame your team, whatever, it's annoying. The game is not perfect; it never was and never will be. It's got problems and they have solutions. So by all means, offer input. If you think Riot won't listen, you're wrong first off and second of all, why post at all if you are certain it's futile? I understand this is motivated by passion and love for the game, but some people come across genuinely miserable because of it. It's unhealthy to spend all day on the forums spreading negativity. It's just not good to do. If you hate it so much and think nothing you say or do is gonna change it, then unbookmark the forums, uninstall the game and go do something you enjoy.
: How do lethality and magic penetration work?
From what I understand, if an item says lethality or magic penetration and is a flat number then it will reduce the targets respective resist by that amount. Lethality is a bit different because it scales with level, but say you have 30 magic pen, and the target has 29 magic resist, that target will be treated as if they have -1 magic resist and will then take true damage from your spells. It used to be possible to get 56 mpen which was higher than the base MR of most champs at even level 18 so going full pen was very strong. Nowadays MR growth is higher and you can get at most like 40 mpen including buffs from runes that are temporary. The general idea is flat pen for lower resist targets and percentage for all others. Black Cleaver is different because it reduces your armor so all people hitting that target will gain penetration in a manner of speaking.
: Yeah I was looking at your ranked gameplay. Most people who play ranked are the ones who actually care about the state of the game in my opinion.
> [{quoted}](name=Jayce Account 35,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tg9g2uA0,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-12T04:38:57.787+0000) > > Yeah I was looking at your ranked gameplay. Most people who play ranked are the ones who actually care about the state of the game in my opinion. I've not played ranked in a few seasons, true. Even then I was high silver so most would discount me for that anyway. However, I still experience issues in "casual" play. Particularly if these issues are pervasive as you make them seem. That said, my statements don't really have to rely on whether I experience it myself or not. I said before, the game goes through cycles and different metas no matter where you play on the elo ladder. It inevitably pisses someone off. So if I do take issue with something, I either deal with it or take a break until it's no longer problematic. If complaining on the forums was a fix, then the game would be dead long ago because most people here don't know what they want or what they are talking about either. I put faith in the devs who have brought this game from indie status to AAA status in under a decade. A game that we all keep coming back to and care enough about to complain about. Bigger issues than the ones you've posed have been fixed and I have no doubt this will too. I do not mean ill will towards you, I simply think the sky isn't necessarily falling because of some gameplay imbalances.
: You dont even play League yet youre on their forums.
> [{quoted}](name=Jayce Account 35,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tg9g2uA0,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-12T04:30:24.820+0000) > > You dont even play League yet youre on their forums. Don't know where you got that idea, I played today all day.
: > [{quoted}](name=inbredpsychosis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPqrNEG1,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-12T04:07:00.200+0000) > > I simply take issue with people posting about how much they despise the state of the game while (self admittedly too) offering no constructive solutions to combat it. It comes off to me as just another crybaby who lost some ranked games and wants to vent on the forums. Fine, but don't hide it under the guise of a "constructive post". A constructive post would say what he'd like changed. > > I've played since 2010, believe me the game has undergone extensive changes. I for one welcome them and have enjoyed the game more because of it. So I don't share the OP's views here, but if I did have a problem I would try to offer up something that IMO would fix said problem, rather than complaining for the sake of it. I'm a problem solver, not a whiny baby. Theres a difference here tho, I am actually passionate about League am for making the game better. Think of it like Gordon Ramsay, hes very passionate about the food business, he gets mad only when he sees food with no care. Its the same thing with me and league, how league driven away from a skill based game where you can show your skill to a game that is just who can one shot the other fastest,
> [{quoted}](name=Jayce Account 35,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPqrNEG1,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-12T04:11:28.720+0000) > > Theres a difference here tho, I am actually passionate about League am for making the game better. Think of it like Gordon Ramsay, hes very passionate about the food business, he gets mad only when he sees food with no care. Its the same thing with me and league, how league driven away from a skill based game where you can show your skill to a game that is just who can one shot the other fastest, I don't doubt your passion when you have 35 accounts on the forums, man. I just have to wonder if you've only been playing since S7 because League has gone through metas like this before. In fact it frequently repeats a cycle. Could be a tank meta, assassin meta, carry meta, but it always changes and someone is inevitably happy and someone inevitably isn't. Context: I've played since pre-season 1. I've seen the game change and evolve over time for better and worse. So don't mistake my comments for not being passionate, rather I've just seen so much change and so many people herald the end of the game because of it. People like you have been around forever saying essentially the same thing. Forgive me if I take it with a grain of salt at this point. Are your complaints invalid? Not necessarily, but you are likely to experience a change in the meta in a few months if that which you'll find you're on the side I am and I may not be happy with the changes. A game that gets patched every two weeks will have this. Are there no problems? Of course there are. Is it the end of the game as we know it? No. Your grievances if they are legit will likely be addressed before too long. You say it yourself, 400 changes are hard to balance. So don't expect fixes over-night. It takes time and from experience I've seen that it does come around and things return to being fine.
: Hey Riot your Match Making is Blind
"If I lose a game it's my teams fault. If I win a game it's because I carried them." This forum in a nutshell.
: >May I see other posts you created pls? Unfortunately I have 34 difference accounts, and I have used all of them on the forum page except for 1. So in order for me to find the other posts, I would have to search through every single discussion I have ever made on those accounts. Which there's no way I am going to go through all that, I will make a shorter post later when I get some sleep because as of now I am way too tired to make an accurate explanation for it. >May you list all skill factors that has been restrained by this meta? Farming doesn't matter as much as it used to. Looking at someone's farm alone could tell you if someone was a smurf or not. Back in season 7 and previous, players who were getting 9+ cs/m were getting to diamond elo with 70ish percent win rates. That was a harder skill back then as well because you'd start out with about 50-75 ad. 75 if you went full AD runes + Long sword. Today you can get 58-86 starting AD if you went all AD runes and long sword. Thats 400g worth of ad just given out for free. Making the game easier for everyone to farm, and everyone is now just after kills causing it to be a fiesta where people die left and right to where you have no impact. Back then, people who would go 3/7 within 35 minutes were the types of RNG youd find. That was also something youd see about 1 in every 10 games, and it was only one person doing it. Today people are dying more than 1 death a minute, and its not even just 1 player, most of the time its 3 people. Which I like to call them the 3 musketeers. Point is, farming is easier than ever. Laning is easier than ever. Getting drakes, barons, towers, everything, is simply easier than ever before. The game is at the point where when you play in bronze/silver, you're seeing players getting more than 7-8 cs/m every game, and just because of that you now have games where everyone is basically a smurf rather than some ordinary player. I had a list from when I would play in lower elos. Lists that told me what to do in able to win because those elos always had something wrong with their gameplay mechanically. Season 7 Bronze - Silver = Don't know how to counter split push, and they dont build armor regardless of damage dealt. Season 7 Gold were passive players who strictly wanted to farm and not fight, thus harassing them was the easiest way to win the game. You get the point. Today, I don't even use this list anymore because there is no strategy to use when facing a certain elo. The only thing to do is just punish mistakes and win the game for the most part. Thats where the RNG comes to place because when someone faces a Bronze/Silver as a diamond elo player, they can easily punish their mistakes and get fed. But when someone fights a high plat+ player, theyre not gonna make many of the mistakes that will allow you to 1v5 unless of course, theyre autofilled. >PS. learn to dodge Doesn't even matter anymore. I have dodged 4 games today and only played 4 games, while losing 3 out of 4 of those games I didn't dodge.
> [{quoted}](name=Jayce Account 35,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tg9g2uA0,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-11T10:38:05.532+0000) > > Unfortunately I have 34 difference accounts, and I have used all of them on the forum page except for 1. Bruh. Maybe post less on the forums and you won't lose your games. Oh Mega LUL.
: LOL now days
dis original thread many likes many upvote take my money
: It's more or less because these days you can get away with '''''supporting''''' full AP {{champion:99}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:161}} so you don't have to constantly suck the ADC's dick for 45 minutes.
> [{quoted}](name=Fear the Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OAduye6f,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-05-11T05:59:32.100+0000) > > It's more or less because these days you can get away with '''''supporting''''' full AP {{champion:99}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:161}} so you don't have to constantly suck the ADC's dick for 45 minutes. Playa I've been "supporting" as Lux for years. Not full AP, I play her like an enchantress.
: You would expect the female league players to tilt less
I try not to bitch much as a support main but I also queue with a buddy I have synergy with. I'm also not a female, what gives you the idea all support mains are female or that females only play support? Most ladies I've encountered are mid or ADC mains.
: Here is why the core game of League of Legends is currently broken
I simply take issue with people posting about how much they despise the state of the game while (self admittedly too) offering no constructive solutions to combat it. It comes off to me as just another crybaby who lost some ranked games and wants to vent on the forums. Fine, but don't hide it under the guise of a "constructive post". A constructive post would say what he'd like changed. I've played since 2010, believe me the game has undergone extensive changes. I for one welcome them and have enjoyed the game more because of it. So I don't share the OP's views here, but if I did have a problem I would try to offer up something that IMO would fix said problem, rather than complaining for the sake of it. I'm a problem solver, not a whiny baby.
: It's actually a form of view botting. They're gaming the system to increase views. All you have to do is log in, put it on 3 games at 2x speed, 144p in the background and you get the reward. It's literally about increasing the views on their vods. Pretty pathetic honestly.
> [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qExxwhOk,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-12T03:49:46.578+0000) > > It's actually a form of view botting. They're gaming the system to increase views. All you have to do is log in, put it on 3 games at 2x speed, 144p in the background and you get the reward. It's literally about increasing the views on their vods. Pretty pathetic honestly. Considering League being as big as it is, I wouldn't worry too much about them needing the views. I don't really care either way, I get my rewards.
: > [{quoted}](name=inbredpsychosis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPqrNEG1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-12T03:31:40.738+0000) > > ..Removed by Moderation.. SMH
> [{quoted}](name=Smashed Hash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPqrNEG1,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-05-12T03:59:01.150+0000) > > SMH Insightful, tell me more. if you are wondering why it was removed, a pre-censored word was present in the post that gave the algorithm the idea I was making a racist slur. You clearly read the post already though so I don't know why you are complaining?
: The OP spent time on this and it gives insight to new player's. Wonderful post and I love to see someone's genuine perspective on the issue.
> [{quoted}](name=Smashed Hash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nPqrNEG1,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-12T03:57:38.703+0000) > > The OP spent time on this and it gives insight to new player's. > > Wonderful post and I love to see someone genuine perspective on the issue. He spent time on it but it ultimately doesn't say much outside of a prettied up rage. He provides no real solutions to these problems and some of them don't really read to me as a problem for most anyway. I'm not giving someone credit because they take to the forums and complain. Everyone here does that and that's all they seem to do. If you hate it, toss around better ideas or uninstall and go to the park, man.
: > [{quoted}](name=inbredpsychosis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0k6tAR3I,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-12T02:53:50.332+0000) > > Reworks are a funny thing because they are usually reviled when they come out but as people actually have time to form coherent opinions with >... Etc Etc Etc > Try to have a bit more faith, eh? I had faith in Gangplank, I had faith in Shen, I had faith in Mordekaiser. I reserve the right to 'run out' of faith eventually. Though it's funny you mention my support of point and click, considering I was that guy who enjoyed Critplank back in the day, and Shen's throwing sword. No I want to clarify; I don't fear Change. I stare it in the eye as it approaches me, I drop my pants at Change and say "Well? I'm waiting." And at that point it's Change's chance to prove whether it's a good one or not.
> [{quoted}](name=LordMordeMain,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0k6tAR3I,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-12T03:46:35.829+0000) > > I had faith in Gangplank, I had faith in Shen, I had faith in Mordekaiser. I reserve the right to 'run out' of faith eventually. > Though it's funny you mention my support of point and click, considering I was that guy who enjoyed Critplank back in the day, and Shen's throwing sword. > > No I want to clarify; I don't fear Change. I stare it in the eye as it approaches me, I drop my pants at Change and say "Well? I'm waiting." And at that point it's Change's chance to prove whether it's a good one or not. You are legit the first I've heard that hated the GP or Shen reworks, and they were very minor in comparison to others. In fact, the changes that were made specifically removed the outdated gameplay mechanics. GP though still has his parrley. I'm not saying you can run out of patience, but if your examples of unfavorable reworks are these then I don't know what to tell you. Literally two abilities were changed for the better with Shen and GP just got barrels and a modifiable ult. You are free to disagree, and I'm not really trying to change your mind so much as say "well, this is how it is".
Show more

Investa

Level 70 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion