zaire90 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KittyKàtKàtàrinà,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=e8ZeVdrL,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-13T14:55:04.779+0000) > > Excuse me? ive been playing that game for 8 seasons... its honestly a waste... the game right now is beyond horrible. Balance is worse than league how long is an overwatch season cause im pretty sure its only been out for like 3 years
> [{quoted}](name=zaire90,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=e8ZeVdrL,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-13T17:20:30.073+0000) > > how long is an overwatch season cause im pretty sure its only been out for like 3 years A single season of Overwatch generally lasts about 3 months, so that's like 4 seasons a year. It's in Season 13 currently.
: Not had, has. It costs 30 bucks to get all current and future Gods.
> [{quoted}](name=TonyTonyMordecai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ck4nYkIh,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-11-12T02:55:15.779+0000) > > Not had, has. It costs 30 bucks to get all current and future Gods. He might've confused it with the Founder's version of the Ultimate God Pack which also included 2 limited skins for Ares and Zeus plus 400 Gems (premium currency).
Rioter Comments
: [Community Activity] League Champs FUSED! Make your requests here! FREE AND FUN!
{{champion:44}} +{{champion:6}} = The Sexiest Champion ever.
RiotLamz (NA)
: Favorite/least favorite Running animation in League
**My favorite** {{champion:555}} : Hunched over and having his running animation be him lurking around is fantastic, especially once he's on Homeguards starts running hunched over, his Ghostwater Dive animation is perfect in my opinion. **Least** {{champion:37}} : Sona was the reason I got into League of Legends, that much is true. I love Sona very much as a champion and as a character in lore, I want more. But with {{champion:136}}, his floating animations feel more lively and {{champion:134}} even changes her pose a little bit to signify the increase speed, Sona looks likes a doll dragged along by strings when she has Homeguard and even normally. I just never notice this because DJ Sona exists and fixes some of those problems especially her normal running animation.
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
{{champion:201}} "Braum is in a good spot, able to protect and peel for the team allows Braum to be the anchor the team needs in order to get out of even the most dangerous situation. However, Braum struggles to get through enemy lines or even being mere moments away of casting Stand Behind Me on allies in dire need of help. By increasing the cast range, it should feel better for Braum players to put this spell into action more and make allies feel safer to get in range in case Braum needs a quick escape. After all, the heart is the strongest muscle." https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/9/91/Stand_Behind_Me.png/revision/latest?cb=20170818001606 Cast Range increase from 650 to 750.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=TheBloodStalker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEbe5dHI,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-16T23:10:55.288+0000) > > Not going to lie, I like him and all, but damn the only thing that truly disappointing me is the size of his knife, like I thought that thing was going to a huge knife that's almost as long as a sword with these multiple jagged, sharp edges that can easily rip through flesh. Well his knife is supposed to be a gutter's knife combined with a harpoon. It's bigger than a small knife and smaller than a massive harpoon. Maybe it looks small to you cause his model is tiny but its actually almost the size of a sword
> [{quoted}](name=Mister Bagginses,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEbe5dHI,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T00:50:32.170+0000) > > Well his knife is supposed to be a gutter's knife combined with a harpoon. It's bigger than a small knife and smaller than a massive harpoon. Maybe it looks small to you cause his model is tiny but its actually almost the size of a sword That's probably it, it looks tiny from my perspective, though looking at it again it does look pretty big, maybe it's because he's slouching all over the place like he has a hunchback.
: > [{quoted}](name=CinnaBon Kittenz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEbe5dHI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-16T18:10:18.862+0000) > > His mask def needs to look just like the splash at least, they have 2 weeks of tweaking before it hits live. I feel like if they give themselves a month at least, they will indeed be able to adjust the visuals to make his model slightly more dark. Yeah, they got the flesh and bones of the character all ready to go. Just need to redo his model and animations, at the Max it will take 2 months but it would make a shitty looking champion into a true menace. Remember to vote, so that Riot knows that we want a change.
> [{quoted}](name=Mister Bagginses,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AEbe5dHI,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-16T18:20:50.592+0000) > > Yeah, they got the flesh and bones of the character all ready to go. Just need to redo his model and animations, at the Max it will take 2 months but it would make a shitty looking champion into a true menace. > Remember to vote, so that Riot knows that we want a change. Not going to lie, I like him and all, but damn the only thing that truly disappointing me is the size of his knife, like I thought that thing was going to a huge knife that's almost as long as a sword with these multiple jagged, sharp edges that can easily rip through flesh.
KZ Engel (NA)
: pyke full build {{item:3071}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3071}}
> [{quoted}](name=KZ Engel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s3LyjqkL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-16T22:52:49.127+0000) > > pyke full build {{item:3071}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3071}} Don't forgot to put on Transcendence for all that CDR as well.
: > [{quoted}](name=JackyPaulie,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s3LyjqkL,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-05-16T18:36:25.239+0000) > > Tbh i hope Riot forces him to be a support. He brings so much to the support role, instead of your basic heal support and average playmakers. As a supp main i would love to be able to play a completely different game style whilst still being a support. lower damage even further and add more ally buffs i dont see why anybody would go support in his current state
> [{quoted}](name=BakedLotion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=s3LyjqkL,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-05-16T18:55:25.658+0000) > > lower damage even further and add more ally buffs > > i dont see why anybody would go support in his current state I mean in his current state, yea he's overtuned when it comes to his ratios and his bases, but honestly I REALLY REALLY want him to be a Support with all my heart. He's is legit, hands down, the best Support I have ever played. He's so much fun, playing him as a Support was such a surreal experience because normally our version of carrying is landing CC on priority targets and having our allies rip em to shreds, which in itself is fun. But man, if anything NEEDS to be nerfed it'll be his base execution threshold, while not good against tanks, in the lategame that thing gets to about 700 execute threshold which is a quarter of any squishies base health. If they really want an ally helping tool, make it so people who get hit by Q gain a debuff called Gutted which makes enemies take increase damage from all sources, and make it a low ratio like 5%/6%/7%/8%/9%/10% increasing by Skill Rank.
Asudurga (NA)
: ADCs are gonna still cry about KSing with Pyke.
I can recall many times I accidently KS as {{champion:12}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:44}} and{{champion:223}} because all I wanted to do is CC the enemy and keep underestimating the amount of damage Supports can do early on, I have a feeling Pyke will make that problem 100% more apparent for me, oh well Day 1 Main for me, I'm going to play Pyke as much as possible on the PBE while practicing his combos in the Practice Tool, wish me luck in the live servers.
Eggbread (NA)
: It's 1 AD for every 14 bonus health, meaning it's only slightly gold inefficient to build health on Pyke since it should be every 13 bonus health is 1 AD for it to be 100% efficient (or the closest to it). Basically, if a pure Health, no AD item is really good on Pyke, it might be worth considering (ex. Spirit Visage or Dead Man's).
Yea I know, I was kinda sad as I was in the PBE Practice Tool and just decided what the hell and actually try to calculate the conversion as a percentage as that's what I thought it'll be, not a flat rate. I had fun however and honestly I'm spending a lot of time practicing Pyke's combos and using dummies as my goal and then trying to flank with the fatest possible route. I mean the Practice Tool is meant for practice right? BTW You can buffer his Phantom Undertow E when firing the harpoon portion of Q and while casting Death from Below his R.
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: Support build with Visage and Randuin's? Get outta here lol.
I mean you need big beefy tank items to actually tank, anyway I stated that these were added in for a complete build. Plus you could have the gold (somehow) to build em, I build these items plenty of times before it just depends on how the game is going and for how long.
: Close, but datamined as 1:14 which is 7.14%.
Yeah, still I have fun doing the math I was close it's just I can't get any before Rounded numbers thanks to the system,oh well this post is irrelevent now. Anyway have a good day!
: You know if you had gone to surrender at 20 and looked at his passive you would have saw that its says that 14 bonus health equals 1 AD. Much faster and easier then trying to figure out percentages the way you did. Here's the link http://www.surrenderat20.net/2018/05/515-pbe-update.html#more
Ahh okay, I didn't catch that I was on the PBE all day in the practice tool with Pyke. Even then I had fun doing the math for it anyway, guess this post is irrelevent now. Oh well, I'll keep it here for myself. Anyway have a good day.
Rioter Comments
Jbels (NA)
: Alright I'm sick of this.
{{champion:412}} I always consider Thresh a Tank. Usually he builds likes a Tank, he has the Crowd Control of a Tank. Hell he even has a good engage combo and if it's not possible to hook a high priority target, you can {{summoner:4}} ERQ and start up a fight that way (usually Tanks or Tank Supports do this if it isn't possible to start up a fight the way they want to). I understand if he isn't a Tank, it's just I always saw him as one. {{champion:98}} Also did you forgot Shen or is it just his Crowd Control is too little for a Tank? He has a taunt (which in itself is amazing), he has a way to mitigate damage with his Spirit's Refuge, and his Ult is an amazing shield as well for saving allies. So am I missing something here? Anyone I just thought I leave these 2 here as I refer to them as Tanks, but want to know why they aren't real Tanks according to Riot's definition and yours. Good day to y'all!
Rioter Comments
: So what kind of support do people find healthy?
Since I main Support. In my opinion a healthy Support should be someone who can reliably protect the ADC, but if they want to engage they are going to need to get rid of their peeling options. {{champion:12}} This is an example of a Support that's good, but somewhat oppressive to play against. Alistar has define weaknesses and strength, an engage tank that can easily get into the fight, but struggles to get out and tends to be an all or nothing champ when it comes to fights. However, he has oppressive strengths in his engages. They cannot be dodged...at all unless you {{summoner:4}} or{{champion:25}} Black Shield you. The problem with Alistar is that the only counter play against a counter match up, is don't get in his range or else his ADC is going to rain bullets on you. {{champion:37}} Again a Good, but oppressive Support that has define strengths and weaknesses. The problem with Sona is her in general. As one of my favorite Supports of all time, however I know she's oppressive to play against. Sona has everything an Enchanter wants, heal, shielding, and movement speed buffs, and peeling (Level 6). She has define strengths, she's great at poking down lanes and healing small trades. BUT, she cannot take the brunt of an engage, she's very very easy to pin down and destroy. Engage Supports are literal Monsters that she doesn't want to play against. So I just took 2 random Supports from Tank to Enchanter Roles. The problem with Supports is that they can oppressive to play against. Most of the meta supports feel downright unfair to play against, Janna has the best disengage and peeling in the game, and yet EVEN when you catch her out with her ADC. She just ults and everything is okay, that sucks! Her ult doesn't even have that low of a cooldown to be a problem, she'll most likely have it up EVERY major fight that happens. Also Tank Supports can feel oppressive, because its a game of dodgeball, if you get hit by any skillshot, well prepare to say goodbye to flash. Mage Supports however, I have a problem with. In general, I get the idea. If you can snowball your lane who cares if we don't have major CC we win! That also creates a major problem, they have ALOT of damage at the expense of vital tools to make sure that the ADC can get through the lane. If you can zone and poke well, then it won't be a problem. The problem is that when someone gets autofilled and take a Mage Support, they try to build expensive stuff! My major gripe are the players themselves playing Mage Supports. You got the damage yes! But a superior engage/enchanter will always beat you in the long run, because you cannot catch up to their power. They won't have damage, but they sure as hell make it so their team will survive, while your team struggles to win fights with the less Crowd Control and utility you didn't bring. A healthy support should have define strengths and weaknesses, if they are engage give them options to outplay them, {{champion:412}} is a good example of this, he has a hook, but he has a small windup and he needs to predict your movement. {{champion:267}} is great because her abilities are telegraphed and are easily avoidable with reflexes, except Ebb and Flow...I have problems with that sometimes. Give Engage supports the ability to engage and peel, but make sure they are clearly telegraphed and make it feel like "I fucked up, not ahhhh I just got close. " For Enchanters, make em squishy, but give them way more utility. They should give Enchanters the Rakan treatment for healing, make it scale with the Level of the character, not the skill level. This can help immensely for balancing Supports, give them a small heal that's nice, but NOT demoralizing as if you see 1/3 of that healthbar fill up; afterwards, at level 11-18 then give them that big burst of healing. I also suggest for skill level make the Cooldown and mana cost decrease instead, instead of just damage increasing. This is my opinion on healthy Supports, but I think Nami, Rakan, and Thresh are all good and should be noted that Nami is consider the most well balance enchanter in the game, I hope Riot takes notes on these Supports as they can seriously revamp this entire Support class and make it more fun and rewarding to play as.
: One for all is a fun mode
{{champion:516}} vs{{champion:142}} The most hilarious game I have ever played. My team was Ornn, we all basically built tank. The hilarious part was Zoe's Sleepy Bubble, GUESS WHAT? THE SLEEP STACKS! So if one of us get caught late game, we would slowly die as we kept being put to sleep, slowly trying to run away desperately only to pelted by Bubbles. However we also had an amazing strat and whenever we wanted to fight our team spread out and started up their ultimate from different parts of the map basically making Zoe play dodgeball. It also didnt help that when one of us knocks up Zoe everyone follows up and we knock her up to the heavens all the while we sear her flesh with our fiery breath. Gotta say I might buy Ornn now considering that game showed me some hilarious results.
Rioter Comments
: Smite and Paragon tried and both failed.
Granted Smite is holding up just fine, its back there somewhere. It's doing its own thing and that ain't bad honestly. It has a loyal fanbase and the game is very fun right now ever since Hi-Rez fix S4 around the midway point. S4 was when I quit, I hated S4 so much as Mage main. Granted I main Anubis, luckily Ra, Chang'e, Nox, and Thoth are very fun to play. I just wish a lot of the Gods weren't so one dimensional gameplay wise.
: who's your favorite champion in terms of personality?
{{champion:37}} - I love her! I love her! I love her! I cannot stop loving her, she is an absolute joy to see on my screen. Seeing more people play Sona just makes me smile. She's quiet yes, but I love what little Voicelines she has. DJ Sona was the real kicker, gifted to me by my best friend who just asked a simple question "If you would want any skin, what would it be?" and a day later, BAM! Ultimate skin! Sure she's doesn't have alot going for her personality wise. But based on her animations, she seems gentle, kind, and just one of those people who you can just relax with and not give a care in the world. {{champion:19}} - "Oooh, you think you escaped because you flashed and ghosted, under tower. But here I am Level 6, Ultimate off cooldown. Just stand still! AND YOUR MINE!". Oh my god Warwick. He's everything I wanted in a werewolf. Lose yourself, lose sanity! You are the monster! The blood that spills will be claimed, FEAST! PREY! DEVOUR THOSE WHO THINK THEY CAN RUN! You cannot run! You cannot hide! I will find you and I will feast upon your flesh! I basically just want to kill everything, is that wrong? {{champion:50}} -He has a mothersquawking theme song. That's it. Okay no, I got Tyrant Swain skin and OMG is it the most badass thing I've seen! That recall! That ultimate bird OH MY GOD! 540 RP well spent my dudes (MY SHOP I LIKE YOU!). Seriously, if you love Swain. Get Tyrant Swain, it's a treat to behold because it's probably my favorite skin on a mid lane champion. (Or not cause I'm a pleb who should've cared for Dragon Master Swain.) Swain is amazing because of his animations. What I love in tanky characters or battlemages, is how much they can give less of a shit about your damage. Sion, Mordekaiser, Yorick, and Swain have these walking animations that's basically intimidating to look at and you can just feel the weight of their power in their hands when their weapon basically moves in motion of their footsteps (or in this case Swain hiding his hand behind his cloak before revealing it's true power). {{champion:104}} - I love Shotguns. They are my favorite type of guns. I don't care what game I'm playing, is there someone with a shotgun? Let me play em! It's why I play Reaper in Overwatch, or Vigil, Doc, Rook, or Lord Tachanka with Shotguns. They are powerful, and require some direct confrontation. That's why when there's someone with a Shotgun and they are basically tankier than normal. I love em even more. Graves is one of those guys I do so bad with, yet his gameplay is enjoyable enough that I don't care. I'm going to practice him a lot more just because I like his character so much. Also his cigar was like my first league meme I learned about. {{champion:201}} - As a Support main. There's no one else better to play. Braum is the best Support character personality wise. He is the kindest and most humble and honest guy you can ever meet. Combine that with the fact he has some of the best defensive and counter engage abilities in the game and you got a champion that makes me smile because I just got his Santa Braum skin for only 640 RP! (MY SHOP I LOVE YOU!). I love Braum in general, such a great guy. {{champion:202}} As a support main, you gotta do alot to appeal to the complete opposite role to me. Somehow Jhin pulled it off. His voicelines, his personality, and his skins. All so good! I suck ass at ADC for the record, yet when I play Jhin. I feel that revolver's power! It pulses through my fingers as each right click sends his arm flying backwards and seeing the direct power of that fourth shot. The power of that last bullet and it hits the low health champion. The health bar shatters as Jhin's arm flew back from the immense power of the gun. As the corpse becomes a flower ready to bloom and damage my enemies further. Jhin's personality reminds me of those Psychotic guys you want to hate, but you can't hate em because of how they interact with others. Hannibal Lector actually isn't a bad comparison here. {{champion:497}} I just want to fly high and be a flamboyant support! Rakan is a fast guy and tends to chat a lot, and make light of things. That resonates with me because that's how I am. I just talk, and talk, and make silly, bad jokes to make my friends laugh. I don't take things seriously because that's just a burden I don't want to deal with. I love fun and fun is good! Video games are fun and when Rakan came on the free to play rotation, he was an instant favorite just because of how much he reminds me of me. He doesn't care too much about whats happening, he just cares about his girlfriend Xayah and what he likes to do. If it's fun he wants to join, if it's not then he will want to make it fun. Rakan personality wise is what made me fell in love with Support all over again.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: You got some neat-0, unique passives here; although, I'd be careful and say that some of these are too strong for passives. If they got toned down, I could see them being on another item. Also, some of these items could benefit from changing the passive into an active for more impact, but less up-time. I suppose that's one way some of these can be tuned (ex: {{item:3814}}) Otherwise, these are some interesting concepts.
I guess you can say I'll become the CertainlyT of Items. Honestly I have more concept of items, Shield of Invincibility I feel would be a nice addition to the game (of course change the passive, but keep that 20% range damage reduction). Especially since Top Laners are mostly boned against stuff like range, so giving them a fighting chance with a new starter item can be quite considerable and I made the Starter item a component into Armor of Invincibility. Glad to see you like it, maybe if I make enough of these threads I'll have enough items for a MOBA, but that's just a dream that won't be achieved in my life as of yet.
Rioter Comments
Ralanr (NA)
: Honestly I like that idea more. Giving items the power to ignore CC opens them up for more abuse. But giving immobile champions who have no dash or Mobility ways to ignore or reduce CC in their kits (kinda like how Irelia originally worked but she has a dash so it’s annoying) would make them a bigger threat in fights for peeling. It reminds me how a lot of characters in Smite have abilities that make them CC immune for a short while. I don’t play Smite at all so I cannot really say if I’m understanding their reasoning correctly.
I play Smite a lot. (Currently 715 hours on it) The reason why most characters are CC immuned during their ultimates is because it's their defining ability, their ultimates are their biggest damage, power, and impact they have in a fight. Also for Juggernauts thing about being resistent to CC and all that, here's a passive from my favorite God in Smite of all time. Anubis. Anubis's Passive Sorrow: When Anubis deals damage with his ability he gains a stack of sorrow increasing bonus spell vamp by 20% (capping out at 60%). For each stack of Sorrow Anubis also has **20/30/60% Crowd Control Reduction**. Yeah, a MAGE of all things has a passive to increase their own survivability. That's only because Anubis is so damn squishy its kinda necessary, but imagine this passive but on a Juggernaut in League instead.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheBloodStalker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kqqfhYOi,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-01-25T21:03:40.606+0000) > > Alright so after a couple games of {{champion:50}} Swain, this is how I see this going in Live Servers, I am not a Swain Main, so please if you have any corrections on my OPINION please be respectful and civil about it. > -------------------- > A Good General build I came up with that gives Swain a bit of everything he needs. > {{item:3165}}{{item:3027}} {{item:3116}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3157}} > This gives Swain a bit of AP, Health, Pen, and good resistances. Do not go full AP on Swain, it's just not worth it. He scales horribly with AP 0.4 being his highest ratio on his (Q?). He's a true Battlemage, being more DPS orientated and enjoying long fights. New Runes I went with something basic. > > ** Phase Rush** because he can reliable proc it with his spell rotation. > ** Manaflow Band **to keep him sustained in lane, so when he build Lost Chapter he's almost untoched in lane. > **Absolute Focus **is noteworthy, but I think **Clerity **might be the best as I have Phase Rush as my Keystone. > and **Scorch **to finish off this Socrercy Rune, Swain being more DPS orientated **Scorch **is the best he can get on Tier 3. Gathering Storm is bad due to his horrible AP scalings and shorten games. > > The Next Rune I went Resolve for Tankiness for Battlemages > **Revitalization** is pretty much a done deal for me, healing increase from Soul Fragments and his ult is pretty darn good in my opinion. > **Iron Skin, Mirror Shield, or Conditioning** is great on Swain. This is my bruiser set up and pretty much what I have been building for my past few games on the rework Swain. > > ---------------------- > I love this new Swain honestly, he's fun, his spells are satisfying to land correctly, but my only grudge is his damn AP scalings. Oooh he barely deals enough damage to chunk someone, but luckily his base damages are high early on, so he's not completely useless early to mid game. DO NOT build full AP Swain, be a bruiser-y Swain. I think the Balance Team learned from the AP Galio Patch and is making sure he has weak AP scalings for the kind of kit Swain has. On Live Servers however, I think Swain might be considered weak and might have the Evelynn treatment where he gets overbuffed. Please I just want a small increases to his base damages or AP scalings. NOTHING MAJOR LIKE GALIO'S! He feels fine, but his damage feels so bad late game that I can't help but wonder what I can be doing on another mage. All I ask is if he can get his AP Scalings increase by 0.1 or his base damages increase lightly. Other than that great champ rework, but we will miss the bird that was Beatrice. A moment of silence for our Birb Queen. DO NOT build full AP Swain but his damage feels so bad late game that I can't help but wonder what I can be doing on another mage swain is suppose to me a mage/tactician not a bruiser.... and you contradicted yourself....certianT that you?
Well this new Swain cannot really benefit from a full AP build, he needs a mixture of tank/health items mix with AP in order to make him effective. Swain doesn't have any great burst late game, which is a shame because he leaves his targets with like barely any health. He's not going to 100 to 0 you instantly, it'll take some time, alot of time. Swain in my opinion is more of a bruiser with AP scalings. What I said was what I felt, my damage felt pathetic as I don't have much time to afford with lifestealing ADCs like Tristana and Vayne. Any burst I actually do will be negated by some auto attacks or anything because he does it at a slow pace. Yes he's a mage at heart, but he's a Battlemage, more durable than most squishy damage dealers.
: This. Now I can agree fully. Scaling Q cdr on ultimate. Plus Tristana and vayne need proper nerfs plus ADCs items need cost increase.
Glad we come to an agreement, I enjoy when I can end things on a good note. Well best of luck to you and on the Rift! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Jikker (NA)
: Swain VGU Megathread
Alright so after a couple games of {{champion:50}} Swain, this is how I see this going in Live Servers, I am not a Swain Main, so please if you have any corrections on my OPINION please be respectful and civil about it. -------------------- A Good General build I came up with that gives Swain a bit of everything he needs. {{item:3165}}{{item:3027}} {{item:3116}} {{item:3020}} {{item:3065}} {{item:3157}} This gives Swain a bit of AP, Health, Pen, and good resistances. Do not go full AP on Swain, it's just not worth it. He scales horribly with AP 0.4 being his highest ratio on his (Q?). He's a true Battlemage, being more DPS orientated and enjoying long fights. New Runes I went with something basic. ** Phase Rush** because he can reliable proc it with his spell rotation. ** Manaflow Band **to keep him sustained in lane, so when he build Lost Chapter he's almost untoched in lane. **Absolute Focus **is noteworthy, but I think **Clerity **might be the best as I have Phase Rush as my Keystone. and **Scorch **to finish off this Socrercy Rune, Swain being more DPS orientated **Scorch **is the best he can get on Tier 3. Gathering Storm is bad due to his horrible AP scalings and shorten games. The Next Rune I went Resolve for Tankiness for Battlemages **Revitalization** is pretty much a done deal for me, healing increase from Soul Fragments and his ult is pretty darn good in my opinion. **Iron Skin, Mirror Shield, or Conditioning** is great on Swain. This is my bruiser set up and pretty much what I have been building for my past few games on the rework Swain. ---------------------- I love this new Swain honestly, he's fun, his spells are satisfying to land correctly, but my only grudge is his damn AP scalings. Oooh he barely deals enough damage to chunk someone, but luckily his base damages are high early on, so he's not completely useless early to mid game. DO NOT build full AP Swain, be a bruiser-y Swain. I think the Balance Team learned from the AP Galio Patch and is making sure he has weak AP scalings for the kind of kit Swain has. On Live Servers however, I think Swain might be considered weak and might have the Evelynn treatment where he gets overbuffed. Please I just want a small increases to his base damages or AP scalings. NOTHING MAJOR LIKE GALIO'S! He feels fine, but his damage feels so bad late game that I can't help but wonder what I can be doing on another mage. All I ask is if he can get his AP Scalings increase by 0.1 or his base damages increase lightly. Other than that great champ rework, but we will miss the bird that was Beatrice. A moment of silence for our Birb Queen.
: It doesn't seem out of line at first it is out of line. Imagine veigar having 200 stacks instead of regular 100 at 10 minutes. He would just flash Q and R every time you come back to lane because he has so many stacks so early. That's exactly what Nasus is. He gets double stacks basically while using ultimate. This is mechanic of "you put me behind but I have a button that puts me even or ahead of you so I can kill you and be ahead without ultimate". He uses W and it's over you have no attack speed, no movement speed, you can't kill him with abilities alone as he lifesteals hard, plus lifesteal also is doubled during ultimate cause he has Q twice as often. He should be useless in lane and he isn't. He can outduel and even 1v2 no problem post lvl 6 and his early lvls aren't even weak. If you try to trade he just W you and throws E that now shreds % armor and not only him but minions too wreck you. So if I can't trade I can't bully him out of stacks and lane as well. The changes he got must be reverted or his W must get healthier mechanic.
Well I don't know what to tell you, Nasus has always been prone to kiting and ADCs just shit on him cause {{champion:18}} {{champion:67}} are a thing right now. If its dueling then yeah, he will destroy you. If its a teamfight, ADCs usually just kill him anyway. I agree with Wither though, its so clunky to play against. A near 99% slow with your attack speed being the same as the slow is near impossible to outtrade against. If he puts that on an ADC he gets rid of his weakness for a bit, so he can cause havoc. I think his W could use a better healthier mechanic, but I rather not have his Ult buff reverted, he's been in a rough spot before this ult buff. The best I can see is to make it so instead of a flat 50% CDR on his Q, he gets 25%/30%/50% Q CDR reduction to make it more...healthy I guess. That's the best I can propose, but I really don't think removing that CDR on his Q during ult is the best move.
: He will be a problem as long as he can double his stacks by pressing ultimate.
No. That's simply not true. {{champion:75}} hasn't been causing any major trouble after his ult buff. There is no reason for him to stack unless you let him farm, Kleptomancy is the problem. Do not be blinded by a buff that seems out of line at first.
: What if we took Nasus' Ult Q CDR and put it on his E instead?
Edit: Re-edited my entire Comment. {{champion:75}} has a resurgence in power due to Kleptomancy. BUT! Here's the big thing, his Ult CDR was an awesome buff, but I don't think swapping it to his E is a great idea. Sure it might alleviate the issue, but the problem is to make the most out of his E he needs to sling all his spells. When his base mana is very small and his spells are so damn high costing except Q, that it seems like this won't make him healthier. Sure, you no longer have a god mode Nasus in his R, but that's the point of his ult. His ult is "Now to show you my true power!" what would be point of his ult, if that CDR would be moved onto his Spirit Fire. I'm a Ex-Nasus main and I love him, but in all honesty this wouldn't make him healthier. He might be unhealthy and cancerous to play against because IF he can afford it can smack you 3 times with Q in Spirit Fire with Wither, and deal extreme amounts of damage due to armor shred. I can only think this won't be good or bad for him either. It might make him more awkward to play actually and that's not good on someone like Nasus. He feels like he should be smooth to play and not so reliant on his other spells. He should feel like a Juggernaut that will destroy anything in his path when he ults, but if this interaction would be on his E. Would he feel smooth to play? Will he be the same? Or is it just something that will make him feel clunky and maybe a tad awkward to do right. That's my ten cents on the situation you provided. I hope you gave it a read and hear out on my thoughts. Have a good day!
: Swain's Rework is out and it might be the Coolest Rework Riot has ever Made
{{champion:19}} I'm sorry, but I'm way too biased for Warwick. I love LOVE Werewovles! In Heroes of the Storm I play Glenn Greymane because he's a Ranged assassin who becomes a Diver when he becomes a werewolf (Worgen). When the Warwick rework was announced, I was so pumped and my blood was boiling at all times due to how Blood Hunt worked. I was the monster, I must feast on the weak! The Alpha Predator! I just have so much love for werewolves in general that it's hard to generally not be excited for any other rework due to what emotions Warwick caused me when it came live. Swain is cool however and I'll make sure to ready myself to be a General leading my troops (ADC) into battle. The only VGU that's going to get me really excited is the{{champion:82}} Mordekaiser rework, its confirmed just its going to be awhile.
: Patch 8.2 notes
I read the Aftershock changes. Soo, uhhh... {{champion:33}} Okay!
: In short games, it's disturbing that nasus is unstoppable.
The buffs {{champion:75}} got was to bring him up to par, hell it didn't do much other than helping him duel other top laners and being much more effective in teamfights. Here's the underlying issue, have you notice barely anyone complained that this buff was OP? Sure there was a handful of people who had a problem, but after like a week Nasus was still himself. Just with more DPS, now with the release of Klepto. WE are now addressing this buff that was made before these runes even existed? The issue isn't Nasus, its Kleptomancy in general. If Kleto is remove/nerfed Nasus wouldn't be such a problem.
EkyonKun (NA)
: Possibly crazy theory about the new icons. Pet Update?
I ~~don't want to see~~ await the day I no longer see Jax punching a man, reading a magical book, and fishing as his ability icons.
: Trundle is the Pinnacle of Gameplay Design and Balance Riot should Strive for
The only character that comes close to a perfectly balance kit is {{champion:19}} ever since his rework, he's been my favorite god damn Jungler in the game and I support 99% of the time (the other 1% I'm just sick of bot lane and want to hunt). Warwick has hit a sweet spot in balance along with Trundle where they both are as good as you are.
: Most "Hypercarries" scale within 10 mins, Sona takes 25 minutes minimum
I will repeat this again. {{champion:37}} is decent. NOT THE BEST. But Decent. Next Patch she will get mana reduced on her Q to make up for those Summon Aery nerfs as you stated. However, here is the part you don't get. She's a support and NOT A MAGE OR ADC. Let's get that out of the way. Sona is an unfortunate champion who is basically like Anubis from SMITE. If they can buff her up a lot then that's great! But the underlying issue is Sona's kit isn't healthy for a bot lane support. She is pure point and click! The purest form of it, and unfortunately she scales pretty well with AP and her Q makes it even harder because its such a reliable, hard hitting ability for such a low cooldown/cost. Summon Aery is still good as well unless you run Comet on Sona. Comet is good, but it doesn't make up for the utility Aery brings for her W and Q. I am an avid Sona main. She was my very first champion I bought with the 400 free RP Riot used to give out, she was on sale 395 RP and I bought her. I dedicate my time into fitting her in my Ranked games somewhere. Hell, maybe one day if I can make it to plat or diamond, I will probably still use her. She's decent, but obviously {{champion:40}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:267}} are going to remain supreme over her when it comes to CC. I like Sona and honeslty I think she's fine right now, if they decide to buff her, they need to be very careful or else she can break the bot lane again. (Don't forgot {{item:3504}} is still a decent buy even after all it's nerfs.) Have a good day and just know they are trying with her, its just a balance they need to find for her.
Eedat (NA)
: Grasp sucks compared to Klepto lol
That's the point, its too good. That's why Nasus can't run Graps because Kleptomancy is just superior for him as he is one of the top abusers of it. If they nerf it, well thats it. GP, Ezreal, and Nasus just need to find alternatives if it can't live up to its power anymore.
Lęmon (NA)
: Listen, I am very upset with ahri getting a new skin, she has as much as she needs. But you have to admit Most of Lux's skins suck ass. Its not like the other champs wont ever get new skins anyways, plus, the lunar one is for lux and 2 other champs. :/
The only skin I really have a problem with is Steel Legion Lux, not going to lie she does not fit into that theme at all. Still its good Warwick and Nasus are getting new skins, its just Lux just got an ultimate tier skin...that's the only reason I'm genuinely upset about another Lux skin, other than that, its another dress with golden particles now. Nothing too big, but it ain't bad either.
: Can I complain about how weak Sona is now, that she has a 47% win rate?
Sona is still decent, but not the monster she once was (which I happily enjoyed cause Sona is my best support). Summon Aery is still her best keystone right now. In the next patch she will get her mana costs lower on her Q to compensate for the Summon Aery nerf. All in All she isn't garbage, but she isn't as useless as you say she is.
: To riot as a nasus main, i will not buy the nasus skin if you plan to nerf kleptomancy in patch 8.3.
Dude...Graps of the Undying is an amazing rune on {{champion:75}} . If you truly "MAIN" {{champion:75}} then you should know for a damn fact Kleptomancy will be nerfed and you gotta look for alternatives.
Lęmon (NA)
: Could everyone stop throwing shade on Lux. The LoL boards are driving me insane.
No...you know why we hate {{champion:99}} {{champion:103}} getting new skins? Cause they already had their time to shine. They are the reasons we can't have our {{champion:420}} right now. It is still being developed while the design team is clearly more interested in giving skins to the popular bitches in the yard. Yeah, let me have a new skin for {{champion:240}} {{champion:427}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:141}} already. These champions are clearly more desperate for a new look because...their release skins are mediocre or they just suck in comparison to the original model. Let me have Chinese Dragon Aurelion Sol, Dragonslayer Kled riding a baby Dragon, Tikiman Ivern. I do not want another Lux skin for the 2nd fucking time in a row ESPECIALLY WHEN SHE JUST GOT HER ULTIMATE SKIN!
: Let us control Maiden of the Mist (Yorick's R)
Well if I'm being honest, the only reason why I would want to control her is because she's suppose to be an entity greater than the Ghouls she and {{champion:83}} Yorick creates. She's smarter, more dangerous, and she has her own minions as well. So, if she's supposes to be this plague and darkness that torments {{champion:83}} Yorick everywhere, why is she basically as smart as the ghouls? Granted she does help {{champion:83}} Yorick if he's in danger nearby and she's great at splitpushing, but we should command that. I understand what she does from a gameplay perspective. It's just my issue that I rather be it something else. I have the same gripe with {{champion:19}} Warwick, this monster full of rage; has one of the worst base movement speed in the game and is slowed down to a crawl as soon as he's hit! JUST let me be wild and destroy the weak!
: Didn't receive Xayah and Rakan icon yet?
You didn't miss the deadline, but it looks like you got the icon so yeah it was taking awhile. I assume this is because Riot's server is making sure everyone who gifted gets the icon over a span of millions of players, PLUS GIFTED FRIENDS also receive the icon as well.

Isalva

Level 175 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion