Rioter Comments
SEKAI (OCE)
: Paying people to hack your shit is called white-hat hacking. It's extremely common practice among the cyberspace for the purpose of strengthening the security. Companies either do it in-house or they will contract credible software experts to try and hack into the system. And it has nothing to do with fixing in-game exploits. Because one is a security issue, the other is game design issue, and are obviously handled by different people on different schedules. Bots is also another different matter, because it can only be detected by behaviour pattern check. It obviously takes time and is not easy to find if the botting is assistive and not independent.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6URgTdEo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-26T05:54:37.300+0000) > > Paying people to hack your shit is called white-hat hacking. It's extremely common practice among the cyberspace for the purpose of strengthening the security. Companies either do it in-house or they will contract credible software experts to try and hack into the system. > > And it has nothing to do with fixing in-game exploits. Because one is a security issue, the other is game design issue. they are using out of game code that hackers would be familiar with. Out of anyone, i would put my money on the hackers to be able to figure out a way to stop bots. Since the scripts that create bots....hackers would be quite intimate with them...being hackers, and all. you know, they hack computers? bots come from computers?
: Hackers and bots are 2 different things. One makes X that can not happen normally happen and the other plays in the realms of Y which can happen.
> [{quoted}](name=Kinkou Order,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6URgTdEo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-26T05:51:22.400+0000) > > Hackers and bots are 2 different things. One makes X that can not happen normally happen and the other plays in the realms of Y which can happen. oh...i guess hackers would have no idea about scripts and stuff like that, that bots are made out of. yeah. hackers would just have no clue whatsoever what makes a bot tick, right Kinkou Order? That's why they are hackers, after all, they don't know computers. Oh wait. :| come on, man. Hackers are very much related to bots. Use your head.
Rioter Comments
: Plusfire Ezreal art update?
too bad. See, things cost money, and your FEELINGS don't make any money for anyone. This is a really entitled, privileged thing for you to say. I hope you understand, now.
: The Never Ending Bots of Twisted Tree line
Riot bans a bunch of dumb kids who say stupid shit in chat, but the bots they are powerless. Bunch of goddamned geniuses work at this company.
: Mordekaisers playrate doubled this patch
yeah i'm not. ivern is still on fucked street.
: Thank you Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=A Simple Rick,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KpdBUs2p,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-02-24T19:53:58.550+0000) > > I have not run into a scripter in literal months in Solo Queue. Thank you so much. cool now make a new account and see how few scripters are in the game, thank you so much Riot yeah you're so right ,uh huh. Go make that account and see how many bots end up on your team every game. You'll change your tune pretty fucking fast.
: > [{quoted}](name=IvernBramblefoot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vAghBMmo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-24T20:34:27.792+0000) > > Ranked is extremely fucking stupid. YOU get punished and lose LP because someone *else* DC'd? That's immensely fucking dumb. The system should be this > > DUDE DC'S? SOMEONE ELSE JOINS, OR ELSE, GAME OVER. RESTART GAME. > > Riot lacks anything resembling a clue. Explain how this can't be exploited. The reason that you don't see a lot of things implemented that make sense at first thought is because someone will exploit it. Don't you think the largest gaming company in the world has already thought about 100 diff ways to combat negative behavior over the decade?
> [{quoted}](name=Anastaecia,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vAghBMmo,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-24T20:41:53.230+0000) > > Explain how this can't be exploited. > > The reason that you don't see a lot of things implemented that make sense at first thought is because someone will exploit it. Don't you think the largest gaming company in the world has already thought about 100 diff ways to combat negative behavior over the decade? oh, sure, so the current system of someone DC's and then *YOU* get punished is so solid, that we should just trust the multi-million dollar company to have our best interests at heart instead of the bottom line. Yeah, okay.
Rioter Comments
: He is a support, upgrading talisman was never a necessity for Ivern, Aery and Glacial augment are viable keystone options, and I'm not sure why you're saying he needs smite to clear camps, when he has a history of being a very aggressive counter jungler when strong.
> [{quoted}](name=Daddy Issues,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6E0lkttM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-24T16:54:41.012+0000) > > He is a support, upgrading talisman was never a necessity for Ivern, Aery and Glacial augment are viable keystone options, and I'm not sure why you're saying he needs smite to clear camps, when he has a history of being a very aggressive counter jungler when strong. He's saying that because he has ACTUAL EXPERIENCE PLAYING THE CHAMPION. Unlike you. You have never played the champ even one time dude, so why are you here voicing your opinion on something you cannot possibly know anything about?
: > [{quoted}](name=MetaCosmos,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6E0lkttM,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-02-24T15:57:25.368+0000) > > How is he a support? because he has a shield? Literally every single shieldbot is better than him. You'd have to be trolling to take Ivern for his shield. He is a support because he has a spammable shield, builds support items like locket and redemption, and provides good peel/engage for his teammates with his Q and Ult.
> [{quoted}](name=Marshbouy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6E0lkttM,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-02-24T16:00:13.124+0000) > > He is a support because he has a spammable shield, builds support items like locket and redemption, and provides good peel/engage for his teammates with his Q and Ult. dude you have one game out of like a HUNDRED as ivern. ONE GAME OUT OF A HUNDRED. you don't know what you're talking about, and it really pisses me off that you come in here and act like an authority when you, as a provable fact, you don't know anything about Ivern. How could you? you have *literally only played him one fucking time, yet you feel qualified to tell other people about him.* What the hell, dude? people either cannot see the line to click on rootcaller or they don't know that the effect exists. His ult can be kited and the coding is so abysmal that all the enemy needs to do is take 2 steps to the left or right because Daisy always decides to stand still on her third hit. His shield is literally weaker than every other shield in the game in its shielding, because it has an AOE damage and slow effect on it that hits the air 80% of the time because people run AWAY from damage, not TOWARDS it when they need a shield.
: Ok, here's what you do. Develop a system that accurately identifies with let's say a 98% accuracy the intentional feeding from a bad game/being bad. Pitch it to Riot, and then get it implemented. That way you can complain about this difficult problem that people paint Riot as having no desire to solve when they shoot down your idea.
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ceoq52FI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-24T20:36:53.653+0000) > > Ok, here's what you do. Develop a system that accurately identifies with let's say a 98% accuracy the intentional feeding from a bad game/being bad. Pitch it to Riot, and then get it implemented. That way you can complain about this difficult problem that people paint Riot as having no desire to solve when they shoot down your idea. Ok but first you have to give me hundreds of millions of dollars. Now do you get it? they have... Hundreds of millions of dollars. hundreds of millions. can you even imagine how much money that is? No, you can't, neither can I. A vast sea of green bills stretching as far as the eye can see, and that STILL wouldn't equal the amount of fucking money they have. Despite having that much fucking money, more money than any of us will ever see in our entire fucking lives, they cannot fix something so fucking simple. It is beyond ludicrous.
Fêyrë (NA)
: Needs to be a better system for AFK's in ranked
Ranked is extremely fucking stupid. YOU get punished and lose LP because someone *else* DC'd? That's immensely fucking dumb. The system should be this DUDE DC'S? SOMEONE ELSE JOINS, OR ELSE, GAME OVER. RESTART GAME. Riot lacks anything resembling a clue.
Rioter Comments
: New Fun way to play Malphite
ap malphite will most likely be nerfed due to how much of a trade bully he is in bot lane. it's fairly impossible to win the trade because he hits so hard, he has his passive shield, and then he can just run away with the MS he steals.
Rioter Comments
: Opposite of popular opinion: Riot actually cares too much about "casual" players
stop saying this shit. This is misinformation. Riot clearly doesn't give a fuck about casual players. its obvious. that's why it keeps getting said.
Rioter Comments
Elohaven (NA)
: "We're basing our next champion on Vayne" -- Riot
riot is out of ideas and now they are just throwing out their bottom of the barrel shit
Rioter Comments
Terozu (NA)
: You do know that new players are rarely of ever matched with bots or smurfs right? Also, enemy bots cannot get fed. Literally impossible.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qg5iJYvU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-18T08:23:20.214+0000) > > You do know that new players are rarely of ever matched with bots or smurfs right? Also, enemy bots cannot get fed. Literally impossible. you do know that you're wrong and you need to stay quiet because you don't know what you're talking about, **right?** New players constantly get matched to bots and smurfs. I hate it when people spread misinformation.
: Jesus, that's badass!
> [{quoted}](name=LightTrack,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EBbio3Nj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-18T20:49:12.683+0000) > > Jesus, that's badass! Yeah, to go from being a badass on game of thrones to being reduced to a lol video game character. wow that's so badass.
: When you're playing Nasus, and you get first blood and +6 because the enemy tried to invade
This is a cannabis reference and is not allowed here. if they mods won't allow it for me i sure as shit won't let anyone else have fun either
Rioter Comments
: Because pros are playing at a 100% optimized level, in which poor player execution is no longer a factor in game balance A bronze player may believe Yi is too strong because they cant hit him with CC, but the LCS guys very easily can
> [{quoted}](name=Charles Barklius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eA4sOumP,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-17T21:02:07.746+0000) > > Because pros are playing at a 100% optimized level, in which poor player execution is no longer a factor in game balance > > A bronze player may believe Yi is too strong because they cant hit him with CC, but the LCS guys very easily can No, they aren't. They aren't playing anywhere near 100% optimized, nor is Faker for that matter.
: How is balancing around the 1%, the pro players, good for the 99% who aren't? How does that work?
The way the 99% play the game *is* the right way to play the game. Just because they don't optimize or CS as effectively as pro players do, doesn't make their way of playing the game less legit. Because it is, in fact, the 99%, their way is a bit more legitimate. Millions of people play like the 99%, vs. the 150 or so LCS players.
: That's because 90% of the time its just people in bronze complaining about how they cant climb outa of bronze in whatever fashion they choose. then there's 8% shitposting then finally 2% actual discussion.
> [{quoted}](name=Dominion Chi,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=bOlEdVL1,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-17T21:02:16.613+0000) > > That's because 90% of the time its just people in bronze complaining about how they cant climb outa of bronze in whatever fashion they choose. > > then there's 8% shitposting > > > then finally 2% actual discussion. While i wish you were right, i wish the complaining was baseless and unfounded, this is simply not true. It was less than 6 months ago that Riot had a fairly balanced, fun game that i played every day. Now i don't want to play it at all. I did not make those changes. Riot did.
Rioter Comments
Tennousu (NA)
: I honestly feel like the boards are more toxic than my own league games.
the boards are negative because the game once gave its players a certain experience. That has changed, and people are pissed that they can't have the game they used to enjoy every day. Whether or not you feel like its "better" is entirely subjective, and, honestly, logically, i fail to see how the game is better since they are now openly designing it around the least amount of people possible, LCS, rather than the playerbase that made LoL happen in the first place with their dollars. Don't see how catering to the LCS 1% can possibly make for a better game for the other 99%.
YokoNomi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=zarxus1234,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TVnsfvsN,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-17T16:46:51.853+0000) > > umm not really. players have had the same mindset since league has come out. > > The reason the game is more snowbally is that towers are so much weaker and die faster so dieing is worse than before. There are actually several reasons that lead to any actual snowball effect, and the belief of a snowball effect. The point though, is that there are players that either make it worse with their attitude, in an almost ironic sense, and even go so far as to fabricate snowball circumstances that aren't there. I've witnessed possible matches get thrown down the drain on several occasions due to issues like this. The mindset may be similar, but its actual effect on a game is becoming more and more of an issue as the state of the game progresses.
> [{quoted}](name=YokoNomi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TVnsfvsN,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-02-17T17:12:29.097+0000) > > There are actually several reasons that lead to any actual snowball effect, and the belief of a snowball effect. The point though, is that there are players that either make it worse with their attitude, in an almost ironic sense, and even go so far as to fabricate snowball circumstances that aren't there. I've witnessed possible matches get thrown down the drain on several occasions due to issues like this on several occasions. The mindset may be similar, but its actual effect on a game is becoming more and more of an issue as the state of the game progresses. uhhhhhh bullshit. this all in your head. you're fabricating bs to get attention.
: This is such a bs post. This has nothing to do with player attitude and everything to do with how the game is. People always scream, "gg ff15". But it all depends on how the game goes up to that point. People don't WANT to surrender, but based off of past experiences, they already most likely KNOW how the game will go. Unless the enemy team is literally pub stomping and about to get an inhibator before the 15minute mark most people won't ff if there's still a couple towers up and the enemy team is throwing. The mindset players have now is in no way different from how it use to be. People are getting overall better at the game and therefore these changes really do make the game snowbally because people know how to play the map more than they use to in the past.
> [{quoted}](name=Hyu Is My Daddy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TVnsfvsN,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-02-17T17:15:59.812+0000) > > This is such a bs post. This has nothing to do with player attitude and everything to do with how the game is. People always scream, "gg ff15". But it all depends on how the game goes up to that point. People don't WANT to surrender, but based off of past experiences, they already most likely KNOW how the game will go. Unless the enemy team is literally pub stomping and about to get an inhibator before the 15minute mark most people won't ff if there's still a couple towers up and the enemy team is throwing. > > > The mindset players have now is in no way different from how it use to be. People are getting overall better at the game and therefore these changes really do make the game snowbally because people know how to play the map more than they use to in the past. THANK YOU. Fucking A dude. What a BS post for real. not you, the post you're referencing.
: Players are making the game more snowbally than it actually is....
OH OKAY, THERE ISN'T AN ACTUAL SNOWBALL META, IT'S JUST ALL IN OUR HEADS OHHHHHHH WOW WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT BEFORE ALL I GOTTA DO IS JUST NOT BELIEVE IN IT AND THE TOWERS WILL MAGICALLY NOT GET DESTROYED IN ONE PUSH AND THERE WON'T BE TOO MUCH DAMAGE JUST BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IN THE SNOWBALL META WOW people surrender early to escape shit games, not because you're some master psychologist. jesus christ.
: People need to realize that even if they do balance around silver elo for example the pros will always find the best champs to play and thus never will solve the problem. How about they balance around LCS so that we have to work to get as good as them and then there is the skill curve for us as the players. But instead riot balances around both elo's the best they can and still get flack for it.
> [{quoted}](name=PG Sparky,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lxZ4ijfa,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-02-17T16:57:43.060+0000) > > People need to realize that even if they do balance around silver elo for example the pros will always find the best champs to play and thus never will solve the problem. How about they balance around LCS so that we have to work to get as good as them and then there is the skill curve for us as the players. But instead riot balances around both elo's the best they can and still get flack for it. The average player is NEVER EVER going to be LCS level, jesus fucking christ man! Think before you say things.
Jamaree (NA)
: I honestly think the game should be balanced around that level personally. Balancing around low elo just leads to people QQing rather then actually improving. Hell, they don't even only balance around LCS, the fact that there are several champions that are still weak because they pubstomp low elo too hard showcases that. Edit: if not LCS level, at the very least high Diamond 1 to Challenger, the players who actually know how to play the game best.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lxZ4ijfa,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-17T14:21:00.315+0000) > > I honestly think the game should be balanced around that level personally. Balancing around low elo just leads to people QQing rather then actually improving. Hell, they don't even only balance around LCS, the fact that there are several champions that are still weak because they pubstomp low elo too hard showcases that. COOL lets upvote the opinion of the guy WHO DOESN'T EVEN PLAY RANKED. Yeah, he sure knows what the fuck he's talking about. Goddamned plebs upvoting bullshit. Games should be balanced around those who make the fucking game happen by paying into it, not the elite 1%.
Rude Name (OCE)
: Who is the guy that insists turrets are fine? Riot is only listening to you 🤨
stop pretending riot is listening. stop upvoting threads that say that. riot isn't listening. riot's doing their own thing.
: Actually the sleep isnt that long. Zoe's counter are mobile champs such as Zed and Yasuo. Typically Assasins will do well against her as she has no way of escaping. And usually assasins go hexdrinker against a bursty mage so that cuts down on her dmg. They also build qss which is like the bane of Zoe's exsitence. Zoe relies on ignorance. If you're ignorant, then you're dead. IF you're smart, she's really easy to kill. Yes she's annoying to kill and yes she has a lot of dmg. But she needs to be ahead to get that dmg. If a Sona has 12 kills then you can bet your ass that her q is going to chunk you.
> [{quoted}](name=DaechirYT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7vmEPo7h,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-17T16:53:44.011+0000) > > Actually the sleep isnt that long. Zoe's counter are mobile champs such as Zed and Yasuo. Typically Assasins will do well against her as she has no way of escaping. And usually assasins go hexdrinker against a bursty mage so that cuts down on her dmg. They also build qss which is like the bane of Zoe's exsitence. Zoe relies on ignorance. If you're ignorant, then you're dead. IF you're smart, she's really easy to kill. Yes she's annoying to kill and yes she has a lot of dmg. But she needs to be ahead to get that dmg. If a Sona has 12 kills then you can bet your ass that her q is going to chunk you. Actually the sleep is that long, actually you don't know what you're talking about. "she has no way of escaping" besides hitting you with sleepy trouble bubble and killing you. Zoe relies on hitting people at max range with a ridiculously overpowered singular spell that has little mana cost, very low cd, and the longest range of any Q in the game, that's not ignorance, and you're ignorant for saying that. Your intelligence has nothing to do with how easy Zoe is to kill, and you're not smart for saying otherwise. No, Zoe does NOT need to be ahead to do more damage than any other champion in the game. That's why people are complaining, Albert Einstein. If Sona gets 12 kills, she's not going to one shot you, Stephen Hawking. oh, also, no champion in the game relies on ignorance, Alan Turing. Nor would they design a champion to be like that.
: Brand support does way too much damage
Brand is total fucking bullshit botlane and he ruins the entire game for both adc and support.
: Nasus's Ult needs to be reverted. (It's too easy for him to gain 450+ stacks by 25 mins)
: Apparently, Riot doesn't give a shit about certain champs
: Apparently, Riot doesn't give a shit about certain champs
: @EnergizedLeona and @FinalSparkLux
please stop encouraging spam. this is not the place for spammy bullshit.
: > [{quoted}](name=OccuIt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tct7k4gl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-15T22:52:05.372+0000) > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/roleplaying We are not roleplaying I am showing affection to my daughter
> [{quoted}](name=Energized Leona,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tct7k4gl,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-15T22:56:21.059+0000) > > We are not roleplaying > I am showing affection to my daughter do it someplace else, here, its the definition of spam.
: @Energized Leona - Good Morning :0
why are you spamming the boards? you're a moderator, Final Spark. You know this is either spam or roleplaying and belongs in one of those boards. It makes me think your whole positivity thing is a troll.
: @Final Spark Lux - Good Evening
yeah this is obviously either spam or the wrong board, i wish final spark would actually do her job as a mod and stop feeding this pandering bullshit.
: I have retired from League to start a farm up north.
lol the funny thing is I made a stardew valley post just a few days ago.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=KillTheYordle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NYEmTiZ3,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-02-15T13:25:43.590+0000) > > -baron buff > -baron'd minions do more damage to turrets > > thanks rito Riot response = only LCS matters fuck the common folk
> [{quoted}](name=cheerfothebeer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NYEmTiZ3,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-02-15T15:48:53.572+0000) > > Riot response = only LCS matters fuck the common folk that's not just riot's response, that's the official response from the board moderators, too. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/568F4FZ1-why-not-make-the-baronelder-changes-for-competitive-only?comment=000000000000 "well noobs should be used to getting fucked over by now so they need to learn to adapt, and if you don't like it, don't play. just quit. Ralnr"
GigglesO (NA)
: Making choices riskier is only going to lengthen pro games.
inb4 the wave of people who barely play saying "hey i enjoy the game just fine i dunno what your problem is"
: On one hand it will give league of legends an alternative victory condition. On the other, everyone take smite.
> [{quoted}](name=RainbowIcee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Nt7JnZQV,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-14T17:15:07.616+0000) > > On one hand it will give league of legends an alternative victory condition. On the other, everyone take smite. have you seen what happens when you combine banner of command with that baron buff? the cannon minions are immune to magic damage, do more damage than any champion in the game to towers, and have +100 armor and 2k health or more, making them tankier than a support champion.
Show more

IvernBramblefoot

Level 26 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion