: Is Lowering Damage Even Under Consideration?
I quit last year because I was tired of the absurd damage after the rune changes. I come back and still see Zed in over half my games. He still rushes Duskblade. He still has massive mobility with hideously broken damage and then returns to his shadow while flashing his mastery emote. Tanks still chunk squishy champions for more than half their hp. Why? Why has this not been fixed? I just want the game to be more like it was a few years back.
Rαy (EUW)
: Community: "Damage overall is too high!" Riot: "We are buffing Janna's damage!"
Just small global buffs to hp and armor / mr. Is that too much to ask? It will make up for the lack of armor / mr yellows and blues that no longer exist. Gho$tcrawler is too obsessed with making everyone do too much damage. It's why he got kicked out of Blizzard but now he's here doing the same shit. Not everything needs to be as fast-paced as some garbage activision game. If we wanted that we would just go play Call of Duty.
LFlood12 (NA)
: Need Help Feeling Comfortable Transitioning Into PVP
First, mute everyone. I've had games where I'm doing exceedingly well and still get blamed for the team losing (by people that are hardcore feeding). Dunning-Kruger is a real thing. If you're not going to mute everyone then be prepared for the rage. The rage will come in all game modes where there are "human beings". Even if you are playing coop vs bots there will be rage. No matter how well you do (or how poorly) your team will rage that you aren't doing better. It's not productive to have to worry about this stuff. LoL / DotA / MOBAs in general aren't very good games for making new friends unless you're both skilled and extremely friendly, so you're not losing much. Be aware that junglers in particular get more tears than other roles. If you gank top, the other two lanes will whine that you're not ganking for them. If you gank and the laner screws up you will get blamed anyway. If you don't take dragons / baron you will get blamed. Play a ton of games before you start looking for specific tips / guides. Until you have at least a general idea of how the game plays and how to win games, focusing on specific things won't help much. Try to play just one champion at first then slowly expand to a pool of 3-4 champions within the same role.
: > [{quoted}](name=IxozieI,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hxJl26B9,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-08T11:28:21.144+0000) > > You can't balance around casuals. They don't understand what balance is. That's why they're casuals. Yeah thats why games should be balanced around solo que and not PRO play. Because Noone is going to play the game in 5 premade teams where all players are on same skill level, eat and live together. Balancing the game based on high tier solo que gives every single one of them, even though they are premade, a room to express themselves. > You mention it's a PVP only game then you go on to compare it to PVE content in a totally different game. Make up your mind. How is my comparison between casual enviroment and "proffesional enviroment" in different game irrelevant? > Balancing around one raid difficulty is irrelevant. That's when you're playing vs a CPU. New raid difficulties makes it deal more damage, have higher health, and adds difficulty. Not only is it tuned that way to appeal to hardcore gamers, but it's for those who have more gear from already beating the earlier difficulties. As a matter of fact, mythic mode right now is often locked behind easier modes. It's much like diamond is locked behind platinum, gold, silver and then bronze. Yeah sure PvE content is completely different from pvp, but you can argue that random players you meet are pretty much CPUs at this point. Just with a lot higher difficulty. And you should be rewarded individually for beating those CPUs. This game went from being good and thats what matters, to my team comp is better so it doesnt matter how bad I am. In raids every player can see their dps heals and other stats. And they matter. In league you can be top DPS and it doesnt matter as long as enemy is better 5v5 than your team. Individual skill does not shine anymore. Just to balance pro scene. They arent balancing the champions or the game itself. They are balancing pro players.
> [{quoted}](name=FreeOfChargeHoe,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hxJl26B9,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-08T11:38:37.111+0000) > > Yeah thats why games should be balanced around solo que and not PRO play. Because Noone is going to play the game in 5 premade teams where all players are on same skill level, eat and live together. Balancing the game based on high tier solo que gives every single one of them, even though they are premade, a room to express themselves. Solo queue is still casuals. Even among premade competitive teams, the champions they prefer to use vary wildly despite the fact that they're all living together. What would you propose is even a balance change that should be made for high tier solo queue (but has no reason to be made for competitive)? > How is my comparison between casual enviroment and "proffesional enviroment" in different game irrelevant? > > Yeah sure PvE content is completely different from pvp, but you can argue that random players you meet are pretty much CPUs at this point. Just with a lot higher difficulty. And you should be rewarded individually for beating those CPUs. This game went from being good and thats what matters, to my team comp is better so it doesnt matter how bad I am. In raids every player can see their dps heals and other stats. And they matter. In league you can be top DPS and it doesnt matter as long as enemy is better 5v5 than your team. If you think that every player matters in raids I don't know what to say. The game constantly goes through phases where entire specs / classes aren't brought because they're garbage compared to other ones. That holds especially true to challenge dungeons, even. There were phases where my available classes simply couldn't find a group for them because they had garbage AOE and AOE is mandatory for clearing the dungeons quickly. >Individual skill does not shine anymore. Just to balance pro scene. They arent balancing the champions or the game itself. They are balancing pro players. You're just declaring stuff like this without providing any examples. Like what changes specifically have you not liked?
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=IxozieI,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lUAuFmlz,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-07-08T11:36:50.122+0000) > > It's funny. Ghostcrawler also insisted that "games are too long" when he ruined arena in WoW. I wonder if he's doing the same thing here? Ghodstcrawler wasn't in charge of PVP though? Ion Hazzikostas aka Watcher was.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lUAuFmlz,comment-id=00130000,timestamp=2018-07-08T11:46:04.719+0000) > > Ghodstcrawler wasn't in charge of PVP though? > > Ion Hazzikostas aka Watcher was. Not in WOTLK he wasn't. Ghostcrawler regularly commented on the forums regarding PVP design decisions. In fact, the reason he's so unpopular today is because of his decisions from that time. He regularly commented on the reasoning behind making arena games last 15-30 seconds instead of 5-15 minutes as was the norm.
RH Venom (NA)
: Uninstalling this game for the first time in 5 years (no joke) Peak rank: (Diamond 2 100 LP)
It's funny. Ghostcrawler also insisted that "games are too long" when he ruined arena in WoW. I wonder if he's doing the same thing here?
: > [{quoted}](name=DearPear,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hxJl26B9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-08T07:28:23.213+0000) > > Not mutually exclusive. How is that not mutually exclusive? How is focusing all the balance, in pvp only game, on PRO scene not going to affect casual gameplay? Thats like saying that Blizzard balancing all Raids to only 1 difficulty, Mythic, is in no way going to affect casual raiders.
> [{quoted}](name=FreeOfChargeHoe,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hxJl26B9,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-07-08T07:33:30.925+0000) > > How is that not mutually exclusive? How is focusing all the balance, in pvp only game, on PRO scene not going to affect casual gameplay? Thats like saying that Blizzard balancing all Raids to only 1 difficulty, Mythic, is in no way going to affect casual raiders. You can't balance around casuals. They don't understand what balance is. That's why they're casuals. You mention it's a PVP only game then you go on to compare it to PVE content in a totally different game. Make up your mind. Balancing around one raid difficulty is irrelevant. That's when you're playing vs a CPU. New raid difficulties makes it deal more damage, have higher health, and adds difficulty. Not only is it tuned that way to appeal to hardcore gamers, but it's for those who have more gear from already beating the earlier difficulties. As a matter of fact, mythic mode right now is often locked behind easier modes. It's much like diamond is locked behind platinum, gold, silver and then bronze.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2wsafJ5T,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2018-06-02T01:29:21.633+0000) > > \>No tanks > \>No reliable CC > \>All squishy champions > \>????? > > Of course he's gonna steamroll that team. Looks like that was on last PBE cycle when IE was at 20% true damage as well. Not to mention that it's PBE and the matchmaking isn't remotely fair. thats why i said if there is a tank he would still be able to do alot, despite the fact that he still basically gets 15% extra dmg
> [{quoted}](name=Snuggles4u,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2wsafJ5T,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2018-06-02T01:30:35.295+0000) > > thats why i said if there is a tank he would still be able to do alot, despite the fact that he still basically gets 15% extra dmg That's not how it works. Yasuo dies very fast with most builds and the tank will CC him while the tank's team melts him. Since he's melee he won't be able to reach the backline unless he lands a Q which is difficult against competent players. Furthermore, even if he does land Q sometimes he can't ult because of champs like Maokai that have a point-and-click root which he has no way of stopping, or Vi / Jax who just flat out murder him while CCing him. Even mid / late-mid game Maokai can still murder him 1v1, let alone with a teammate backing him up. Windwall is incredibly strong against certain champs. It's also completely useless against others. I think that discrepancy makes him feel very frustrating to play against if you typically play the former type of champions. It can also make playing Yasuo very frustrating. One game you can go 15-2 and the next game you're practically useless because of the champions on the enemy team.
eaglei3 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=EvilxUndertonez,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rG0aB1FK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-01T19:49:46.676+0000) > > Just pick zilean into trynd, Kayle does well too. Kayle? I don't know how the new item changes do on Trynd, but he could snowball too quickly on Kayle. Kayle would have a bigger impact on fights, but Trynd had the lane.
> [{quoted}](name=eaglei3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rG0aB1FK,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-01T21:09:54.635+0000) > > Kayle? I don't know how the new item changes do on Trynd, but he could snowball too quickly on Kayle. Kayle would have a bigger impact on fights, but Trynd had the lane. Kayle can't lose lane to Trynd unless you're getting camped by jung and / or you are braindead at Kayle. She can slow him and she has a movespeed boost to get away / chase. Plus she's ranged and can push roughly as fast as him. She also outscales him hardcore. She remains one of the most monstrous carries late game.
: PSA:Lux shield is S tier and youre still building her full ap support
Yeah, let's build items that only help one of her abilities instead of items that help all four. Your suggestion makes no sense. Relying only on Lux's shield, even if you're support, is just a bad idea. If you want to do that why wouldn't you pick Karma instead? Even better, go for Janna, Nami or Lulu. Ardent alone might be worth it since you get AP / movement speed as well. The rest not so much.
Galiö (NA)
: You won't believe this about Galio
Galio saw play for many concurrent months in competitive play, even if he isn't seeing play right now after the recent set of nerfs. That being said, I can't stand playing the new Galio. He feels completely awful to play. Every ability has a delay on it. It makes him feel so sluggish. Still, he's thematically strong. Multiple AOE disables. Incredible map mobility. Damage reduction for an ally. Decent waveclear and pretty tanky for a mage. It's just an issue of his numbers at the moment. I would rather have the old Galio back just because he felt so much better to play. No delays tacked on to every single ability.
: So PUBG is suing EpicGame/Fortnite for same gaming concept.....
"DotA" can't sue LoL because DotA up to ~5.84 was maintained by one of the founders of LoL (Guinsoo, he wasn't the creator of DotA though) before he moved on to create LoL. Also DotA was a mod so it wasn't something that could be sold anyway. DotA wasn't even the first MOBA. Almost every MOBA game out there including DotA has ripped off the other ones.
: 90% of the time people honor the person who did the best
I've found that it's not even about how hard you carry. For example I've had games with 20+ kills as jung and I don't get honored. Other games I've been like 7-3-21 and get 4 honors. I think it's mainly about how much of an impression you make on each player. Get all lanes fed + be nice to people = get honoured.
Shock16 (NA)
: How to play against Yasuo mid?
General tip: before trading auto him once so his shield goes away. It doesn't matter how much total shield value he currently has, it will all go away if you auto then wait a bit. Dodge tornadoes, especially once he's 6. How are you losing badly against Yas as Ryze? You can just root him (after E obviously) and prevent him from doing anything for a long time. Then you back off and repeat. Annie is also good against him because she flat-out outstats him, especially at lvl 6. You've got a stun, a good amount of damage and your E reduces damage taken. Once you have ult up just bait his windwall then completely demolish him. Take ignite too and he's guaranteed to feed you unless you're doing something horribly wrong. Don't play TF or Lux against Yas. Lux can pull it off if you know what you're doing and play safe but both are uphill battles. Yas is effective against champs that he can easily reach (they have no escapes) and against champs that he can use windwall effectively against. Lux and TF fall into both categories.
: I fucking hate League matchmaking: "Oh you've won 3 games in a row? Here's 2 clueless boosted apes!"
Maybe the enemy team had boosted apes for three games in a row, and that made your team look competent?
: People continue to make these threads, which have been repeated consistently for literally no reason other than they are disappointed with ARURF. Let's be real URF has a very low chance of actually coming back and Riot has already explained themselves about the situation. So I really don't see why people continue to make these useless threads acting like it helps the situation at all. Learn to adapt, you can dodge till you get a champ you think you'll enjoy playing and to create some "chaos".
> [{quoted}](name=Gravirose,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LWmoVA7l,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-27T21:04:22.091+0000) > > People continue to make these threads, which have been repeated consistently for literally no reason other than they are disappointed with ARURF. Let's be real URF has a very low chance of actually coming back and Riot has already explained themselves about the situation. So I really don't see why people continue to make these useless threads acting like it helps the situation at all. Learn to adapt, you can dodge till you get a champ you think you'll enjoy playing and to create some "chaos". They make the threads because they don't care about Riot's reasoning regarding the issue because they want to play URF. Thus the community will continue to be at odds with Riot.
sobi999 (EUW)
: Winning a game is RNG? If so then there wouldn't be any challenger or bronze elos. With your thinking challengers would have to be the luckiest fkrs out there and have the same level of skill as bronze. You completely missed OP's point.
> [{quoted}](name=sobi999,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QF8Kbxdn,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-05-26T08:22:35.489+0000) > > Winning a game is RNG? If so then there wouldn't be any challenger or bronze elos. With your thinking challengers would have to be the luckiest fkrs out there and have the same level of skill as bronze. > > You completely missed OP's point. No, you simply read something in my post that wasn't there. The point is that no matter how well you do, you're still going to lose games. No matter how poorly you do, you're still going to win games. You can influence games to a large degree but you're never in complete control.
: Nothing new. He has been like this for an entire year. The champ needs nerfs, but is for some reason flying under the radar.
> [{quoted}](name=LesVitesses,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x5wFeEF6,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-25T10:35:18.807+0000) > > Nothing new. He has been like this for an entire year. The champ needs nerfs, but is for some reason flying under the radar. Because they would rather whine about Yasuo than an actual champ who has high winrates + who has been pick/ban in the LCS for the last year.
Seenan (NA)
: I've Won/Lost/Won/Lost...etc games for about 10+ games now.
I've won more than 20 games in a row before and lost like 14 despite doing well in most of the games. It's RNG, stop reading too much into it.
Onotori (NA)
: Well, a good ADC would keep the tanks from getting into close range in the first place, and J4's ult feels kind of lackluster right now, so maybe that's a good thing. 'cause right now, tanks dive in and just instantly die if the ADC doesn't die faster, and that just doesn't feel good to play with. My goal isn't to help melee AD carries, I just want to help equalize roles a bit, since AD is just dramatically out performing AP and tanks lately (with a few exceptions). Plus, I hate autos because they're just mindless damage, so we could even buff AD champs / ADCs a bit if their damage became somewhat conditional. Maybe we could even add a new stat ADCs can build that lowers the damage penalty of being up close, to counterbuild certain teamcomps.
> [{quoted}](name=Onotori,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gRTqxGiw,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2018-05-26T02:41:56.744+0000) > > Well, a good ADC would keep the tanks from getting into close range in the first place, and J4's ult feels kind of lackluster right now, so maybe that's a good thing. 'cause right now, tanks dive in and just instantly die if the ADC doesn't die faster, and that just doesn't feel good to play with. > > My goal isn't to help melee AD carries, I just want to help equalize roles a bit, since AD is just dramatically out performing AP and tanks lately (with a few exceptions). Plus, I hate autos because they're just mindless damage, so we could even buff AD champs / ADCs a bit if their damage became somewhat conditional. > > Maybe we could even add a new stat ADCs can build that lowers the damage penalty of being up close, to counterbuild certain teamcomps. It's simply not true that "ad is outperforming tanks". Many LCS teams are running 3-4 tanks on their teams but they only run one ADC. If ADCs were as strong as you claim we would be seeing a lot of successful ADC mid / tops like Lucian, Ez or Quinn, but we don't see that at all. It would really depend on the AP carry as to whether these changes would help or not. Some are already good at killing ADCs like Leblanc. Against Fizz you have a 0% chance to win if he's close anyway. Against mid-ranged AP champs (Cass, Ryze) the change wouldn't have much impact since the adc could easily stay in the 100% zone. Againt Xerath or Ziggs it would hardly matter either since their spells would out-range your autos in the first place. There's also the issue of visibility. I think your idea would be much better served by having damage that tapers off when it goes outside a range. Let's say it ranges from 70% at outer limit, scales up to 100% at mid, goes back down to 70% at lower limit. It shouldn't suddenly drop from 100% to 50%. Numbers like that are also far less extreme because 50% of an ADC's damage would be totally awful, even late game.
Onotori (NA)
: Shower thoughts on making autos less cancerous but still reliable.
Biggest problem is you're also buffing tanks and tanks are currently extremely strong against everything BUT adcs. A 50% reduction of the damage that ADCs to to tanks in close range would be massive. Stuff like Warwick / J4 / Sej would become even better than they currently are. There are better ways of solving this problem that work strictly for melee AD carries (like you say is your goal). Yasuo has windwall and Jax has guaranteed dodge against attacks for a while.
Bârd (NA)
: The damage doesn't stack. It hasn't for a long time.
> [{quoted}](name=Bârd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LMGEIQtE,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-25T15:43:17.924+0000) > > The damage doesn't stack. It hasn't for a long time. TIL X_X I thought they stacked since the passives weren't unique. That's super lame. Riot should really reword the tooltips so that it's more clear.
: it was added in S3 and had 100 basedamage, so 250 with crit. now it scales to 140, so 350with crit, and till not so long ago it even was at 160(400), so quite some difference. It also did onlz give 20% crit. Damge creep is certainly a thing and there is no denying it, and it didn't start just this season.
> [{quoted}](name=Sire Hippington,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LMGEIQtE,comment-id=000100000005,timestamp=2018-05-25T16:22:36.722+0000) > > it was added in S3 and had 100 basedamage, so 250 with crit. > now it scales to 140, so 350with crit, and till not so long ago it even was at 160(400), so quite some difference. > It also did onlz give 20% crit. > > Damge creep is certainly a thing and there is no denying it, and it didn't start just this season. It has 30% crit now because they nerfed IE to 20% (and reduced the AD it gives). While I agree that there has been damage creep, shiv and other zeal items were buffed around the same time that IE got nerfed because everyone under the sun was rushing IE.
JoeMG (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Teridax68,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LMGEIQtE,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-05-25T12:57:09.339+0000) > > To start with a bit of a tangential story: when developing F.E.A.R., a FPS to this day famous for having one of the smartest enemy AIs, Monolith Productions were testing different ways of balancing enemies. What they discovered is that, when enemy soldiers had more health, they felt _smarter_ than the exact same enemies with less health, even if they also had exactly the same AI. Effectively, one of the biggest factors in the player's perception of the enemy's intelligence had nothing to do with their actual behavior, but rather with the time the enemy had to execute said behaviors, afforded by their additional health reserves. > > To tie this back to League, I agree with the OP, and I think part of the problem is that League feels less deep precisely because everyone deals too much damage, and people die too quickly. To pick a couple other non-League examples, it's kinda like the difference between Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2, where the latter's longer fights allow for more outplays and reactions, whereas the former's frequently boil down to whoever pulled the trigger first. When everyone dies too quickly, it's difficult to have individual champions express their own unique strengths, enact more complex strategies, or make interesting tactical choices in combat, because there's simply no time for any of that to happen. On one hand, this has made a lot of champions blend into each other, but it's also made certain classes completely dysfunctional, as fighters and assassins frequently die in the time it takes for them to approach and engage their target. Pulling back on some of this damage, and giving meaningful damage only to champions for whom damage is a core contribution, could help immensely in restoring some of League's depth. Really solid point. I always preferred Halo to CoD for that reason. Skill expression has been drained from this game for a while now. Damage and snowballing has been running rampant. Winning doesn't even feel like an accomplishment anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=JoeMG,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LMGEIQtE,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2018-05-25T16:34:18.200+0000) > > Really solid point. I always preferred Halo to CoD for that reason. > > Skill expression has been drained from this game for a while now. Damage and snowballing has been running rampant. Winning doesn't even feel like an accomplishment anymore. I loved the original Halo. First FPS I ever played for more than a few hours. The shield mechanic and how much longer it took to kill people in general made fights a lot more interesting.
: The game should be called Coinflip Legends.
It's always been like this, you just tend to notice it more when you're bored of the game and / or tilted.
: well I think that this right here is exactly why league twitch viewer numbers are always lower than other game except for when there is an LCS event going on. (such as the most recent MSI, which league was below both fortnite and overwatch on the days that were not MSI livestream days)
> [{quoted}](name=Kahl Drogo98,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ytpaNa5q,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-05-25T18:33:09.863+0000) > > well I think that this right here is exactly why league twitch viewer numbers are always lower than other game except for when there is an LCS event going on. (such as the most recent MSI, which league was below both fortnite and overwatch on the days that were not MSI livestream days) Or maybe there are fotm games that normies are attracted to because it's the "new thing" but league is very old now? It has an incredible viewerbase on Twitch despite its age.
: https://youtu.be/CkUneXRriHA Found a random clip on YouTube where Zed annihilated Darius. (Lissandra who attempted to help Zed didn't actually do that much damage). But I assume this example won't still be enough to convince you and other who doubt me.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yRE1Rwqn,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-05-25T08:35:13.605+0000) > > https://youtu.be/CkUneXRriHA > > Found a random clip on YouTube where Zed annihilated Darius. > > (Lissandra who attempted to help Zed didn't actually do that much damage). > > But I assume this example won't still be enough to convince you and other who doubt me. A random clip of three level 18 people killing Darius 1v3 on Howling Abyss without seeing what items he had? Yeah, seems like valid evidence mate.
: To keep the game fun for Junglers early on - that's litterally it. They wanted to replace the Lane-JGL interactions with JGL-JGL interaction, they did not intend to make JGL PvE for the first 10 minutes while also allow laners to have some skill expression in 1v1 scenarios during that time which REALLY suffered before 8.10 to a point where I no longer had fun in mid since I've seen so many obviously worse laners win games soley because of their JGL. EDIT: Wow guys - really - OP asked WHY - I answered. Nice downvotes. Salty ****.
> [{quoted}](name=Titanium70,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g0dLUidZ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-24T17:51:15.936+0000) > > To keep the game fun for Junglers early on - that's litterally it. > > They wanted to replace the Lane-JGL interactions with JGL-JGL interaction, they did not intend to make JGL PvE for the first 10 minutes while also allow laners to have some skill expression in 1v1 scenarios during that time which REALLY suffered before 8.10 to a point where I no longer had fun in mid since I've seen so many obviously worse laners win games soley because of their JGL. Except all the change did was buff duelist junglers like Jax / Warwick who were already strong and meta in the first place. Junglers that actually needed to farm like Evelynn were already weak. The change was unneeded and bad.
: WHY did Riotgames even touch the Scuttle Crab??
Why did Riot add CDR to Hextech GLP / Archangel's and then nerf the unique aspects of them? Because Ghostcrawler can't stop messing with things.
: So... Leblanc. With a replay this time.
I mean she was absurdly fed. Why your whole team didn't build MR is beyond me. To put it in perspective she did as much damage as the rest of her team combined. Out of her team's 43 kills she has 26. 118 mr is a very small amount when you factor in void staff / sorc boots.
: Is it just me who is able to play one game of League per day?
"Being Deleted by an Assassin regardless of how much resistances I have." Yeah, that doesn't happen if you have a lot of resistances. Nice try though.
: I get your point, but you're comparing Yasuo to Riven. Yasuo is no where near as difficult to succeed with as Riven with who has many combos and variety as far as her skill expression goes. Yasuo falls in the medium skill zone, with a similarly medium skill ceiling. I know this because I was around when Yasuo was released and I easily learned to succeed with him. A champion's nerfs and buffs will indeed make them harder or easier to do well with, so in essence a champion may have a "complex" kit but be very easy and vice versa. Here's a list of high skill cap champions in general. Take note that I do not follow League's own "grading system" for determining high skill cap(for example they think Twisted Fate is a high skill cap while I know he is medium because of his damage and ranged advantage). The ascending letter grade after their icon depicts my interpretation on how hard it Is to succeed with them; D is the higher end of the Medium skill cap spectrum, C is typical High Skill cap, B is moderately high skill cap thus bolded, A is considerably difficult, and S being the most difficult of the high skill cap spectrum: {{champion:266}} D {{champion:103}} C+ {{champion:32}} **S** {{champion:34}} D- {{champion:22}} **A** {{champion:136}} **B** {{champion:268}} **B+ to A-** {{champion:432}} C- {{champion:164}} D- to D {{champion:69}} C {{champion:42}} **A-** {{champion:119}} **B+** {{champion:60}} D+ {{champion:81}} **A-** {{champion:114}} **B** {{champion:105}} C- {{champion:420}} D+ {{champion:39}} Used to be C+, with rework shes moved to D or even D- {{champion:40}} ~~SSSSSSSSS+++++~~ _*trollface*_ {{champion:145}} C- to C, shes still new but noticeably a bit more difficult than other ADCs. More nerfs = higher grade {{champion:429}} C- {{champion:30}} **S to S+** {{champion:38}} D+ {{champion:55}} **B- to B** {{champion:141}} C, not accurate though considering I don't play him. {{champion:203}} **A to A+** {{champion:240}} C, again not accurate because I don't play him. {{champion:96}} C to C+ without a shield support, D- to D with one. {{champion:7}} **B** {{champion:64}} C+ {{champion:127}} **A+ to S-** {{champion:236}} **B+ to A-** {{champion:99}} **B-** {{champion:11}} C {{champion:82}} **S-** {{champion:111}} C- to B-, hard to judge because despite having an easy kit he's hard to win with. {{champion:76}} **A to A+** {{champion:61}} D-, difficult to judge {{champion:78}} **B-** {{champion:133}} **B+** {{champion:421}} Never played her, but I'd put her around C. {{champion:58}} **B** {{champion:92}} **A+ to S-** {{champion:13}} **B-** {{champion:35}} **S-** {{champion:15}} D+ to C- {{champion:72}} D {{champion:134}} **S**, Below average range for mages, Snail speed projectiles, highly telegraphed, made of glass, and mediocre damage to top it all off. Easier than Karthus though. {{champion:163}} C+ {{champion:91}} **B- to B** {{champion:412}} **B-** {{champion:67}} C- to C {{champion:161}} D+ {{champion:254}} **B-** {{champion:112}} D {{champion:101}} C-, despite having all skillshots he does great, near instantaneous damage with low cooldowns and decent waveclear, while having very high range. {{champion:26}} **B+** {{champion:115}} D+ I cringe anytime Yasuo mains/players say he's got a high skill cap. He has free, infinite mobility, a passive shield, a windwall that blocks 85% of all ranged attacks, DOUBLED crit chance, access to conqueror, and spammable very low CD- MANALESS harassment on his Q that he fishes for throughout his laning phase that if it hits pretty much guarantees he will get some kind of advantage over his opponent. There isn't anything high skill cap about that. He's basically a melee Zoe before her nerf.
Karthus, Morde and Amumu in S? What? The only thing remotely difficult about Karthus is consistently landing his Q. He even gets 7 seconds to do damage after he dies which makes him very forgiving if he screws up on positioning, and it allows him to guarantee. Also, Syndra in S but Ziggs in D+? Ziggs has a far higher skillcap than Syndra. Syndra can do most of a squishy's healthbar with her point-and-click ultimate and her stun is ridiculously easy to land. Once you've landed the stun the Q / W are guaranteed. Ziggs has a very low skill floor because of how spammy he is but actually landing all of that stuff is another thing entirely. "Syndra: S, Below average range for mages, Snail speed projectiles, highly telegraphed, made of glass, and mediocre damage to top it all off. Easier than Karthus though." "Xerath: C-, despite having all skillshots he does great, near instantaneous damage with low cooldowns and decent waveclear, while having very high range." Some of those reasons aren't necessarily indicative of how difficult those champs are to play. They're just indicators of their strength. A champion's strength and how difficult they are to play are two entirely different things. A champion can be both very weak and be extremely easy to play. Kayle is sometimes one of those champs. She's usually either overpowered or underpowered because she's just a stat stick that rightclicks on things. Lee Sin C+???????? What? I recommend watching what some of his challenger mains can do with him. Lee is S bare minimum.
: He's also going to be going over the crit limit with Zeal upgrade + IE (120%). Essentially wasted stats. Most likely he'll just go Zeal + IE or Phantom dancer + no IE -> tanky build since he has a ton of damage already.
> [{quoted}](name=Z3Sleeper,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fz6fp0Bj,comment-id=000c0002000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-25T04:22:41.756+0000) > > He's also going to be going over the crit limit with Zeal upgrade + IE (120%). Essentially wasted stats. > > Most likely he'll just go Zeal + IE or Phantom dancer + no IE -> tanky build since he has a ton of damage already. He doesn't have a lot of damage without items, though. If you look at his avg damage stats you'll see he does much less than most adcs or mages. Even with items there are many champs that outclass him, like Jax who has the upside of having a ton of built-in survivability.
: Ap itemization feels pretty bland atm
"Haste" is an incredibly stupid unique passive that dissuades you from building multiple items from its category. There's no reason for it to exist instead of just giving all the items 20% CDR. Spellbinder is total garbage. Takes far too long to charge up and the effect isn't worth it. Instead of reverting Archangel's back to 0 CDR they're nerfing all the other aspects of it that weren't a problem before. This shows a stunning level of incompetence. If you add new stats to an item and it ends up being broken, you don't go back and nerf the old stuff that was never an issue. So now we just have a bunch of items that you can only build one of with weak effects and CDR / Mana on them. Go look at the old GLP. It had a 35% AP ratio and some decent hp. There was actually a reason to build it. The active wasn't just flavor. Go look at the old Archangel's. It had higher AP scaling. So they nerfed these unique parts and added some generic CDR to make up for it. Incredibly sloppy. The AP itemization rework was a total flop. It's not the first time they've went down this path either. They nerfed Rylais down to 20%. Instead of focusing on making each item different but making those benefits have costs (like make an item cost more or make it have less ap / cdr) they nerf the unique parts then add more generic stats. The end result is that all the items feel the same.
: Dark Souls Dating Sim?
Gall (NA)
: Ghostcrawler appreciation thread
Thanks for the garbage that was WOTLK pvp which resulted in the arena scene disappearing and me and all my friends quitting the game.
Theorex (NA)
: Can I ask why the secondary runes are still dumb?
Yes, it's incredibly stupid that if you click on the second secondary-rune and pick something new, it will push out the FIRST one instead of the one you selected. It makes absolutely no sense and it's astounding that they haven't fixed it yet or that it's even there in the first place.
: Elise, Evelynn, Nidalee, and Ekko all scale well off of movespeed.
Between the EXP change and this they might as well just delete Evelynn. No clue what Riot is smoking. They're just making so many unnecessary changes that no one asked for. Being able to get extra movespeed was one of the very few upsides of picking an AP jungle (they're already weak as-is). Giving them 300 mana when they don't NEED 300 mana (already get mana from Runic Echoes / blue buff) is just silly.
: Ok, I'm getting sick of Xin Zhao.
A few seasons ago my hard-stuck gold friend one-tricked Win Nao and got to diamond. Now he's doing it again and he's going even faster this time. He has very little mechanical skill and buys the exact same items every game. His win condition is simple: see enemy, roll face.
mack9112 (NA)
: Many champs are still viable in the jungle now though if you pick a late game scaler you are punished instead of just hidin in your jungle and farming all game. Interaction is the point they are pushing.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XFfgO4R2,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-05-20T23:51:01.952+0000) > > Many champs are still viable in the jungle now though if you pick a late game scaler you are punished instead of just hidin in your jungle and farming all game. Interaction is the point they are pushing. Interaction was already the meta. Pushing it farther is stupid. This change just rewards champs that were already strong.
: It's actually pretty simple. Link accounts to phone numbers, and ever 3 or so months you have to do a confirmation number that is sent to your phone.
> [{quoted}](name=Arndt E Z,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sZXYGTuJ,comment-id=0006000200000000,timestamp=2018-05-21T15:45:53.703+0000) > > It's actually pretty simple. Link accounts to phone numbers, and ever 3 or so months you have to do a confirmation number that is sent to your phone. That's not simple and it would be incredibly intrusive. I do not want Riot to turn into Valve with all their nonsense confirmations.
: Revert the jungle change
They said they gave knife 15% attackspeed so that junglers wouldn't be forced into precision. Then they removed the attackspeed and justified it by saying that the dual-tree system lets people get attack speed if their secondary tree is precision. How in the world does this change not create the problem that they sought to avoid in the first place? Is it okay if they're only forced into secondary-tree precision? Why even change what was working? It's just incredibly silly. By encouraging dueling or scuttle fighting you're just helping the junglers that were already good at doing these things like Jax, Warwick and Sej. That means the duelists and the tanks. The ones that got hit the hardest are junglers like Eve who are awful until level 6. Now her level 6 is greatly delayed. These changes were just terrible over-all.
: Seems like people don't get it why he was banned, it doesn't matter if he wasn't toxic as some other people, he was punished 3 times before, now his account is basically flagged for the slightest toxicity which will result in a permaban, and I can guarantee he got a warning of that in his last punishment, also I don't get this community, calling someone a moron is apparently not toxic for some reason. I doubt you would smile and shake someones hand if he called you a moron on the street. That's clearly toxic behavior, if he wasn't punished before then 1 mishap wouldn't be enough for a punishment, but he was repeatedly toxic in the past.
> [{quoted}](name=Sovekz,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2018-05-11T08:37:08.164+0000) > > Seems like people don't get it why he was banned, it doesn't matter if he wasn't toxic as some other people, he was punished 3 times before, now his account is basically flagged for the slightest toxicity which will result in a permaban, and I can guarantee he got a warning of that in his last punishment, also I don't get this community, calling someone a moron is apparently not toxic for some reason. I doubt you would smile and shake someones hand if he called you a moron on the street. That's clearly toxic behavior, if he wasn't punished before then 1 mishap wouldn't be enough for a punishment, but he was repeatedly toxic in the past. I like how you totally ignore the context and compare it to someone randomly calling you a moron in the street.
GodCarry (NA)
: I truly believe I was wrongfully banned. Please tell me what you think.
This just shows how poorly designed their system is. They fail to account for the punishment that will be handed out when determining if you are guilty or not. In no universe is a permaban justified for what you said, regardless of what you were punished for beforehand. It's why these punishment tiers are idiotic, because not all offenses are worthy of the same punishment. Let's say someone served 15 years of prison for running into someone while drunk driving. He gets out, then he gets caught smoking weed. You don't say "oh let's give him life in prison since he had to serve 15 years last time". That's just absurd. Should you have shut up and muted everyone? Absolutely. Is your failure to do that worthy of a permaban? Absolutely NOT.
La Bello (NA)
: which is silly because problem with assassins isnt a lack of runes. Its that they are COMPLETELY invalidated by enchanter Supports({{champion:40}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:43}} ) and {{summoner:3}} until there is a massive rework to both Enchanters and how strong shieldspamming can be in addition to the summer spell Exhaust we will probably never see any true AD assassins see any popularity. What we will continue seeing are ""assassins"" who basically play like mages and excel at catching/kiting {{champion:103}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:245}} .
> [{quoted}](name=Sunibee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bh275Enm,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-05-08T09:18:36.632+0000) > > which is silly because problem with assassins isnt a lack of runes. > > Its that they are COMPLETELY invalidated by enchanter Supports({{champion:40}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:43}} ) and {{summoner:3}} > > until there is a massive rework to both Enchanters and how strong shieldspamming can be in addition to the summer spell Exhaust we will probably never see any true AD assassins see any popularity. What we will continue seeing are ""assassins"" who basically play like mages and excel at catching/kiting {{champion:103}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:245}} . The problem with AD assassins is that they're outdated and incredibly unhealthy for the game in general. Take a look at Rengar when he stacks damage items, for instance. He either one-shots people then dies to their team or he fails to do his job. There's no middle-ground. Same thing with Kha'zix. Eve is an example of a much healthier assassin. She's got no real gap closer like Rengar has with his ult and does much less burst damage. Her CC has a delay on it. In the right conditions however, she can easily take someone out and get away.
: > [{quoted}](name=Annie2hardtoplay,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XhwpGTdY,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-05-07T23:20:38.189+0000) > > Well combined with dark harvest and {{item:3147}} will result in insane amounts of dmg with just the 1st auto attack. I've always stood by my opinion that if an assassin can manage to get to a squishy that has no support shields, that squishy should insta die.
> [{quoted}](name=Fear the Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XhwpGTdY,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-08T01:24:39.049+0000) > > I've always stood by my opinion that if an assassin can manage to get to a squishy that has no support shields, that squishy should insta die. You think that's fair when an assassin "getting to a squishy" literally involves right clicking on them? (Rengar) That doesn't sound like a fun game to me, sorry.
Elohaven (NA)
: Stormrazor isn't going to be a healthy item
It's going to be Duskblade on steroids. The amount of ungodly damage that a Rengar will be able to put out mid-game . . . yikes!
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: That's not how that works. 1 bad player will feed the entire enemy team. 1 good player won't get fed by all enemies, so the advantage isn't that big. Also, 1 good player is easy to get focused down and killed, while a bad player is essentially like playing a 4v5. I vividly remember a game I played where I was an Akali and got a pentakill mid game, but then I was unable to win, because I was the only one doing well, while my team was extreme trash. I had full build at 30 minutes, and yet I couldn't do anything because everytime I went in, the enemy support would immediately Exhaust me, and they also has Trynda, Zilean and Guardian Angel on Twitch, so they were able to completely neutralize me. Therefore, 1 player can't win the game. On the other hand, I remember games where my Yasuo top was so bad, that he fed 3 kills to the enemy Nasus, and then that Nasus became a monster. Sure, you can claim that Nasus won by himself, but it happened because Yasuo fed him so much, then anything else is completely irrelevant. In my Akali game, I got fed by ganking bot multiple times, while they couldn't do much about it.
> [{quoted}](name=Snowman Arc,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Qy3TRTHX,comment-id=00130001,timestamp=2018-05-08T12:25:02.169+0000) > > That's not how that works. 1 bad player will feed the entire enemy team. 1 good player won't get fed by all enemies, so the advantage isn't that big. Also, 1 good player is easy to get focused down and killed, while a bad player is essentially like playing a 4v5. > > I vividly remember a game I played where I was an Akali and got a pentakill mid game, but then I was unable to win, because I was the only one doing well, while my team was extreme trash. I had full build at 30 minutes, and yet I couldn't do anything because everytime I went in, the enemy support would immediately Exhaust me, and they also has Trynda, Zilean and Guardian Angel on Twitch, so they were able to completely neutralize me. Therefore, 1 player can't win the game. > > On the other hand, I remember games where my Yasuo top was so bad, that he fed 3 kills to the enemy Nasus, and then that Nasus became a monster. Sure, you can claim that Nasus won by himself, but it happened because Yasuo fed him so much, then anything else is completely irrelevant. In my Akali game, I got fed by ganking bot multiple times, while they couldn't do much about it. If one bad player can feed the entire enemy team, why exactly can't one good player get fed by all enemies? I ROUTINELY get fed by all enemies when I play my main Yasuo. It's why I have such a winrate. If what you're saying is true then my winrate simply wouldn't be so high. How do you know it wasn't because Nasus was good and not that Yasuo was bad? Of course it's silver, so everyone outside of smurfs are bad.
: Can you tell me how to get out of silver?
"Because I have no fucking clue. I can't carry the games because 1 person can't carry games, but 1 person can lose it." That's a ridiculous meme. If one person can lose games then one person can definitely win them. You can't have one without the other. Try and actually THINK about what you're saying. If one person can lose the game, that same person would have won the game if they played better. That clearly excludes fringe cases where the person is straight-up inting and goes something like 0-13-0. Get good at a hypercarry that can mid or jungle. You can easily maintain winrates above 70% on them. For example I have a 77% winrate on Yasuo. Started at silver 5 am now silver 1 with g5/g4 elo. Yi is a fantastic jungler that can easily get you to plat with high winrates if you learn how to play him well (it's not that hard).
: Total Damage Dealt To Champions Is a Misleading Statistic
There are other metrics, like your score. If you go 10-0 on an assassin like Fizz you probably did less damage than your 0-2 support Brand who just randomly spams spells. You still had much higher impact.
Show more

IxozieI

Level 58 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion