Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Hanz0 Hasashi,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=AY5VObLY,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-04T13:39:09.911+0000) > > Hey it's fair game man, critique away. If I didn't want to get critiqued then I shouldn't have made these logos. In that case, I'm afraid to say that these are decidedly amateurish, and definitely not close to Riot standards. They break some fundamental rules of typography, logo design, and logo layout. 1. They aren't balanced. The decorative elements on the fonts are unpredictable and crazy, and the line weight is inconsistent and inconsistencly applied. 2. They don't scale well. Due to the above, they start looking very messy as you zoom out. 3. They don't fit the company. Riot wanted a logo that looks a little less wild and crazy now that they're a major developer and no longer an indie company, and these push hard into the other direction. 4. They're not simple. One of the big things about logo design is it should be simple and recognizable, and these are very complicated. 5. They're off-balance. You can't use the text alone without it looking weird, and it doesn't fit nicely into any usable space. 6. It messes up even important little details. The knuckles don't link up with the fingers. The finger width varies far more than an actual hand, and the lines between the fingers change in width (as do the curves of the finger bases and the knuckles). I could go on here, but this point stands well enough as it is. There are more issues, but these are the immediate ones that stuck out.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=AY5VObLY,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-04T14:13:13.381+0000) > > In that case, I'm afraid to say that these are decidedly amateurish, and definitely not close to Riot standards. They break some fundamental rules of typography, logo design, and logo layout. > > 1. They aren't balanced. The decorative elements on the fonts are unpredictable and crazy, and the line weight is inconsistent and inconsistencly applied. > 2. They don't scale well. Due to the above, they start looking very messy as you zoom out. > 3. They don't fit the company. Riot wanted a logo that looks a little less wild and crazy now that they're a major developer and no longer an indie company, and these push hard into the other direction. > 4. They're not simple. One of the big things about logo design is it should be simple and recognizable, and these are very complicated. > 5. They're off-balance. You can't use the text alone without it looking weird, and it doesn't fit nicely into any usable space. > 6. It messes up even important little details. The knuckles don't link up with the fingers. The finger width varies far more than an actual hand, and the lines between the fingers change in width (as do the curves of the finger bases and the knuckles). I could go on here, but this point stands well enough as it is. > > There are more issues, but these are the immediate ones that stuck out. 1-5, that's fair..simplicity bores me but it can be simplified. @ #6 I would argue that you can tell that's a fist from a distance and that's the most important thing similar to the old logo. It doesn't have to be an exact replica of a real hand balled up into fist considering it's a gaming company.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hanz0 Hasashi,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=AY5VObLY,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-04T13:32:05.304+0000) > > And what kind of company is Riot? > The font can be easily changed my friend, what decorations? How is it distracting and still hard to remember? You're contradicting yourself. A minimalistic style is simple and plain, without any decoration...given your first statement I thought you didn't like that sort of thing, then you go on to say letters need to be more block and without decorations...consider me confused :S {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} Sorry, i work with fonts everyday, and i tend to be very critical about them. Dont't take it as a personal attack, i'm just talking about those propositions I won't go into technical details, because those are only projects (i assume), buut... your fonts are wild and amatourish. They are not suitable for most companies, especially gaming. They need to be simple to look at and recognizable, even after a glance. Previous logo needed some clean up, but it was still very easy to spot it amongst all the other logos. What you made is not easy to look at, it's too crowded. Also, if you wanted to make logotypes you have to separate the logo itself, or at least somehow make it pop out. Coloring, and most importantly design is necessary to make the image visible for regular Joes. Previous logo was all over the place, but i disagree with Riot's direction. That's what i meant. It is minimalistic, and it's designers could've made it much better, but they opted not to. Current one seems like it was made by someone who has talent, but it's just a facade. It's unoriginal. That is my problem with it.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=AY5VObLY,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-04T15:08:30.916+0000) > > Sorry, i work with fonts everyday, and i tend to be very critical about them. Dont't take it as a personal attack, i'm just talking about those propositions > > I won't go into technical details, because those are only projects (i assume), buut... your fonts are wild and amatourish. They are not suitable for most companies, especially gaming. They need to be simple to look at and recognizable, even after a glance. Previous logo needed some clean up, but it was still very easy to spot it amongst all the other logos. What you made is not easy to look at, it's too crowded. > > Also, if you wanted to make logotypes you have to separate the logo itself, or at least somehow make it pop out. Coloring, and most importantly design is necessary to make the image visible for regular Joes. > > Previous logo was all over the place, but i disagree with Riot's direction. That's what i meant. It is minimalistic, and it's designers could've made it much better, but they opted not to. Current one seems like it was made by someone who has talent, but it's just a facade. It's unoriginal. That is my problem with it. Ahhhh I get you..yeah I could've made it simpler, easier to read...I do some graffitti every now and again so I guess it's a preference thing but you're right a gaming company would need something more recognizable that stands out.
: Given the other responses in this thread, I'll ask this before I critique: are you looking for legitimate critique here? If so, how direct do you want it?
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=AY5VObLY,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-04T13:34:36.759+0000) > > Given the other responses in this thread, I'll ask this before I critique: are you looking for legitimate critique here? If so, how direct do you want it? Hey it's fair game man, critique away. If I didn't want to get critiqued then I shouldn't have made these logos.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: Everything has to be annoyingly minimalistic. Truly, we are living in sad times. New logo is stupidly generic. Your takes are not ideal either. They are waaay too off for what kind of company Riot is. Letters need to be more blocky, and without all those added decorations. Yours are distracting, and hard to remember.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=AY5VObLY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-04T13:24:34.384+0000) > > Everything has to be annoyingly minimalistic. Truly, we are living in sad times. > > Your takes are not ideal either. They are waaay too off for what kind of company Riot is. Letters need to be more blocky, and without all those added decorations. Yours are distracting, and hard to remember. And what kind of company is Riot? The font can be easily changed my friend, what decorations? How is it distracting and still hard to remember? You're contradicting yourself. A minimalistic style is simple and plain, without any decoration...given your first statement I thought you didn't like that sort of thing, then you go on to say letters need to be more block and without decorations...consider me confused :S {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
Rioter Comments
: RIOT Bring back the old rotating game modes
I agree 100% that they should bring back the RGMs, I miss modes like Blood Moon Hunt & Ascension. TFT is not trash, just needs more champs imo.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
nasu010 (NA)
: So basically you want >https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/pYVT7Qq8-natal-the-unbound
: While the idea is interesting, it has some problems. So if it reflects or not is just up to your timing. Basically, high elo players would master this ability, making it extremely strong. Low elo players would struggle with the timing and making the champion completely worthless. Such a big distance between these strengths is not something desirable for Riot. Additionally, the technological side. This ability is able to reflect skillshots.... something that you aim yourself. How does it work? Does it automatically shoot at where the enemy is currently standing? Does it try to calculate where the enemy champion will be, using their movement direction and speed? Does it "save" the skillshot and you have to immediately reactivate it to aim the skill yourself? This needs alot more thought and actually could mean that this skill either becomes absolutely OP, or just useless.... Not to mention that I don't understand why it has to double the damage of the enemy skillshot. Reflecting any skillshot is already really really powerful as it is....
Answered most of what you're asking in the post. Ok maybe double damage is asking too much but it should do at least a little additional damage when returned or miss timed. And regardless of your elo, if you're bad at timing skill shots you're going to suck at using this champ's ability...also in a high pressure team fight even the best players can miss time this ability.
: Yeah, this has been tossed around a few times on the boards. Reflecting a projectile seems pretty interesting but balancing issues are pretty hard. Like... Veigar R? Does it do the damage based on YOUR missing health? This could 1-shot a champion when reflected dealing 2x damage. I had a concept I never fully fleshed out that could steal projectiles, and then shoot them out later. But it's kinda hard to balance. I guess champs like Darius would be the counter.
On Veigar's missing health. And yes it could 1 shot a champion when reflected IF timed properly or could one shot you if you mess up the timing. Or the concept could be simplified to returns the skill shot/projectile at twice the speed instead of damage if that's too broken.
Iz0 (NA)
: A Champion that can send your skill shots/projectiles back at you
Doesn't work on {{champion:555}} Ult. Doesn't work on {{champion:111}} Q Doesn't work on {{champion:32}} Q Doesn't work on {{champion:412}} Q or E but will deflect latern back to him.
Reksee (NA)
: How does it cancel camille r?
I was thinking it could deflect the damage back at her and cancel it at the same time but it doesn't make much sense now that I think about it some more so I removed that part.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RpeJuWI0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-13T02:57:00.974+0000) > > {{champion:150}} top > {{champion:68}} mid > {{champion:78}} jg > {{champion:18}} adc > {{champion:117}} support > > "can/could/would defeat most team comps in the game?" > > no almost every yordle champ is sub par atm Replace poppy with kennen since gnar kindof fills the tank position. More cc allows them all to get in damage, and kennen is ap based, plus his R is a super stun. {{champion:85}}
> [{quoted}](name=Ferrinova,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RpeJuWI0,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T03:00:58.359+0000) > > Replace poppy with kennen since gnar kindof fills the tank position. More cc allows them all to get in damage, and kennen is ap based, plus his R is a super stun. Kennen can jungle? (serious question, never tried it)
Rioter Comments
: so basically turning him into a tahm kench?
Nah. It doesn't make you untargetable so something like a turret would still kill you.
Rioter Comments
: Why would they get weaker with age? If anything, they should be getting even stronger, especially if they're a mage since they would be gaining experience with their spells the longer the game is.
A cursed mage that gets stronger as the game progresses, peaks then gradually weakens.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Iz0 (NA)
: Voice Chat with Randoms
Most times we use the discord feature instead of the voice...reason being if we don't have 5 then we gotta take 1 random then if they are interested in voice chatting with us then we'd have to disconnect from the voice feature, get on discord then invite them. It would be a lot easier if you could just invite a random person to join voice with you...it doesn't have to be an automatic feature that you hear people as soon as you join the lobby.
Quáx (NA)
: ***
I wouldn't say no one because a lot of online games has this feature. Also, sometimes you have a group of 4 on voice and 1 random and you want that one random the join, it would be a lot easier than discord. Not everyone's a toxic asshole like you.
: And how mute all gonna help u deal with stupid person that will go afk
mb, read that wrong... that's what /remake is for ..and it's not like that's gonna happen every game you play...
: Ye and wait for people saying "GO ON VOICE CHAT OR IM GONNA AFK" no ty
Like all chat bro, /mute all ... it's not that difficult.
Rioter Comments
Iz0 (NA)
: A Dual Sword Wielding Champion
Or his/her passive could be something that parries and returns auto attacks from ranged champions to a random enemy champion/minion. And for melee champion it would just parry them.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Rengar has Cleanse on his Empowered W. This is a very specific and weird request for a champion.
"Also, what if this ability could be cast on an ally as well"
: {{champion:12}} {{champion:2}} not enough for you?
"Also, what if this ability could be cast on an ally as well"
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Napoleon3 (EUNE)
: one more point to stop playing league not only the balance is aufwl right now and full of unfair champions like zed but the game just got no counterplay i stopped playing league anymore guess why? because is getting even worst since season 6 i miss old days when league was balanced and fun to play and players where not toxic or champions where not so unbalanced and items too like season 5 .
Can't remember a day where League was not toxic or champions weren't unbalanced tbh...I remember the days when Rengo's ult didn't give a warning above your head...good times, good times.
Iz0 (NA)
: Full Build Can't Buy Control Ward
Ok how about this, the first champion on each corresponding team to reach full build gets the option to buy 2 control wards maximum to replace their trinket temporarily..that way the map will still be relatively dark while still rewarding the best players by not hindering their build.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Duffman500 (EUNE)
: Did the CCleaner work? I am facing the same problem.
No. I had to download Razer Cortex Game Booster, apparently there's some app that runs in the background that causes this cause whenever I run cortex and it optimizes the PC it never minimizes but any time I forget to open cortex sure enough it will minimize
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=flibitydoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XLsyXvi5,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-05-24T02:13:36.295+0000) > > ftfy Botting was not as prevalent as it is now back when dominion was still around. TT's ranked queues were used enough that it was worth keeping around. Dominion didn't even have enough players for Riot to give it ranked queues because they were worried queue times would get too long. _That's how few people played it_. In addition to that, because dominion's gameplay flow followed such different rules it restricted their champion designs. Ahri's original ulti did not make it through production because it was too strong on dominion. TT doesn't present that issue because it's just a smaller SR.
> [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XLsyXvi5,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-24T04:25:17.468+0000) > > Botting was not as prevalent as it is now back when dominion was still around. TT's ranked queues were used enough that it was worth keeping around. Dominion didn't even have enough players for Riot to give it ranked queues because they were worried queue times would get too long. _That's how few people played it_. In addition to that, because dominion's gameplay flow followed such different rules it restricted their champion designs. Ahri's original ulti did not make it through production because it was too strong on dominion. TT doesn't present that issue because it's just a smaller SR. They could simply remove Ahri from that particular mode. Like Teemo and Karthus is removed from one for all.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Iz0

Level 148 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion