Madjack01 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Japan Logan Paul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=00000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:26:19.436+0000) > > I don't see how that is a bs excuse. It is pretty narcissistic of you to think that you're more valuable to someone than their friends and family, lol. > > Edit: And with no1 responding, I guess I never will xD Just take a moment to think about how your explanation sounds. “Why are you late? “Well, I can't talk about public transportation in class, but I think some people may be late because their bus was also late“ “This does not answer my question“ “ I think you have a god complex if you think that a bus will only be late for others but not for you“ “What?“
> [{quoted}](name=Madjack01,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:42:23.575+0000) > > Just take a moment to think about how your explanation sounds. > > “Why are you late? > > “Well, I can't talk about public transportation in class, but I think some people may be late because their bus was also late“ > > “This does not answer my question“ > > “ I think you have a god complex if you think that a bus will only be late for others but not for you“ > > “What?“ Yeaaaaaaaaa, I don't think this is analogous to what I'm saying at all. Also, I don't see why talking about bus scheduling is taboo like account sharing is.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Japan Logan Paul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:28:28.673+0000) > > _<Removed by Moderation>_ Secondly, that wouldn&#x27;t be an issue even if I was. I am not going to stop someone from playing a game they enjoy, lol. I just don&#x27;t feel like this person I&#x27;m addressing in my post will enjoy wasting his time on LoL. If that is how some people find their fun then who would I be to stop them? The person who is likely going to be back in about a week to a couple months to be right back playing this game.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:37:27.367+0000) > > The person who is likely going to be back in about a week to a couple months to be right back playing this game. I wouldn't say that is impossible. I have quit before and have come back. However, all those times before I quit because I was bored; I knew I would eventually regain my desire to play again, and that that would cause me to return. I am quitting for a different reason this time: the game is bad. I don't think I will regain the desire to play a game I don't enjoy. Good luck in your game, and goodnight.
saltran (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Muskovit,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj8lkjrj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-18T23:09:55.642+0000) > > this game sucks How can you say something so controversial yet so brave?
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Nj8lkjrj,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-19T01:48:25.287+0000) > > How can you say something so controversial yet so brave? loll
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:17:58.266+0000) > > Thank you for proving my point. Meanwhile his last game was 9 days ago.
> [{quoted}](name=Beacon Academy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:32:29.742+0000) > > Meanwhile his last game was 9 days ago. Meanwhile I have other accounts.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Japan Logan Paul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:20:07.347+0000) > > I don&#x27;t see how that is a bs excuse. It is pretty narcissistic of you to think that you&#x27;re more valuable to someone than their friends and family, lol. > [{quoted}](name=Japan Logan Paul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:03:43.607+0000) > > DO NOT. PLAY. THIS GAME. League of legends has gotten worse with every passing year, and it is not the same game that you enjoyed back in season 3. Tells randos on the internet to not play the game. _<Removed by Moderation>_ https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1061/1924/files/Thinking_Face_Emoji.png?9898922749706957214 So either you hate your family and/or friends, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bullshit.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:24:44.390+0000) > > Tells randos on the internet to not play the game. > > _<Removed by Moderation>_ > > https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1061/1924/files/Thinking_Face_Emoji.png?9898922749706957214 > > So either you hate your family, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bullshit. _<Removed by Moderation>_ Secondly, that wouldn't be an issue even if I was. I am not going to stop someone from playing a game they enjoy, lol. I just don't feel like this person I'm addressing in my post will enjoy wasting his time on LoL. If that is how some people find their fun then who would I be to stop them?
Madjack01 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:17:58.266+0000) > > Thank you for proving my point. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
> [{quoted}](name=Madjack01,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:21:23.252+0000) > > {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} I don't see how that is a bs excuse. It is pretty narcissistic of you to think that you're more valuable to someone than their friends and family, lol. Edit: And with no1 responding, I guess I never will xD
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Japan Logan Paul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:15:45.507+0000) > > _<Removed>_ Thank you for proving my point.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xUGfvJ3O,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-19T09:17:58.266+0000) > > Thank you for proving my point. I don't see how that is a bs excuse. It is pretty narcissistic of you to think that you're more valuable to someone than their friends and family, lol.
K9 Sigh (NA)
: this game is awful
Rioter Comments
Hao53 (NA)
: Hey all I want your honest opinion...
I am actually uninstalling, and came on to read the boards one last time, so it is kind of a serendipitous coincidence that I found your post, lol. Anyways, where do i begin? DO NOT. PLAY. THIS GAME. League of legends has gotten worse with every passing year, and it is not the same game that you enjoyed back in season 3. You mentioned back when you played the game it was frustrating at times, and I agree that even in LoL's glory days, it could be frustrating. Was your team toxic? Frustrating. Were you fed, and couldn't carry a bad team? Frustrating. What Riot has since done, is make it so that your team matters much more, and they have unbanned the most toxic player of all time, and made him the main attraction at several of their events! So, remember all those frustrating times of not being able to carry because of a bad team, and having to deal with toxic players? Well there is more of it now, and it has made League insufferable. The reason those anger inducing games were okay back in seasons 3-5 (when league was still good), was because the fun games outweighed the infuriating games; nowadays, it is the opposite. I'll leave you with these final thoughts: I honestly have felt for some time now, that VideoGameDunkey is a prophet, lol. I seriously feel like he predicted the downfall of LoL, and he left right when Riot began making the pernicious changes that eventually ruined this game. In Dunkey's video where he announces that he was quitting LoL, he said the bounty system rewards bad players, and that the game just revolves around one bad player making a mistake that causes your team to lose. Not only is what Dunkey said true to this day, it is even more true than it was when he said it nearly 4 years ago. Don't start playing again, man. lollll
: ''We have noticed that this ___ rework is a bit too strong, and we will nerf their AD ratio by 3.''
> [{quoted}](name=Summonah12369,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LmBKGIjt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-11T15:19:31.480+0000) > > &#x27;&#x27;We have noticed that this ___ rework is a bit too strong, and we will nerf their AD ratio by 3.&#x27;&#x27; Thank you oh great, merciful, benevolent small indie company.
Rioter Comments
: These were also outplays back then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKsL6cQjxIY I can also cherry pick one single clip and generalize it for the whole season
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oExAMYTz,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-12-10T21:11:54.692+0000) > > These were also outplays back then > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKsL6cQjxIY > > I can also cherry pick one single clip and generalize it for the whole season That play was reasonably hyped by the caster for what it was. Also, my argument is being misinterpreted by a lot of people. My point is that there are a bunch of stupid champions today, namely akali, who have extremely broken abilities that may look flashy but have no counterplay. Think of Irelia damage being responsible for lvl 6 insta kills half the time she is played at worlds for another example.
: The first clip was just terrible. The first 3 seconds are ability-based assassins just fucking autoing each other. Yeah. It looks more impressive because people then were fucking idiots. A low-gold player with good ping today could easily pull that shit off because **it's nothing special**. It's not "high skill", it's the fucking **minimum expectation of playing the champion** to be able to dodge shit with Zed's ult. There's nothing special about using your Zed R after the other Zed ults you. The first Zed might have well ulted a fucking minion for all the good that ult was going to do. The Akali clip also isn't really an outplay. She was just buying time. That's not an outplay by today's standards (except maybe that well-timed Zhonya's), that's just the announcer building hype. (If you notice in the first one, they call the QSS usage high-skilled as well. Yeah.) You know why old teamfights lasted ages? Why there was more "skill expression"? Because there **was** basically zero fucking skill. ***I*** could have done the same shit Faker did there, and I barely have any games on Zed. My Silver ~~5~~ 4 ass could have won that, and easily. There being so little actual skill meant that any difference was more apparent, so it just **looks** more skilled because you have a shittier player to compare it to.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oExAMYTz,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-12-10T08:18:16.508+0000) > > The first clip was just terrible. > > The first 3 seconds are ability-based assassins just fucking autoing each other. > > Yeah. It looks more impressive because people then were fucking idiots. A low-gold player with good ping today could easily pull that shit off because **it&#x27;s nothing special**. It&#x27;s not &quot;high skill&quot;, it&#x27;s the fucking **minimum expectation of playing the champion** to be able to dodge shit with Zed&#x27;s ult. > > There&#x27;s nothing special about using your Zed R after the other Zed ults you. The first Zed might have well ulted a fucking minion for all the good that ult was going to do. > > The Akali clip also isn&#x27;t really an outplay. She was just buying time. That&#x27;s not an outplay by today&#x27;s standards (except maybe that well-timed Zhonya&#x27;s), that&#x27;s just the announcer building hype. (If you notice in the first one, they call the QSS usage high-skilled as well. Yeah.) > > You know why old teamfights lasted ages? Why there was more &quot;skill expression&quot;? Because there **was** basically zero fucking skill. ***I*** could have done the same shit Faker did there, and I barely have any games on Zed. My Silver ~~5~~ 4 ass could have won that, and easily. There being so little actual skill meant that any difference was more apparent, so it just **looks** more skilled because you have a shittier player to compare it to. You probably couldn't even tell me everything faker did there without slowing the video down, lmao. I'm not going to even bother responding to the rest, because you're strawmanning my post, and putting words into my mouth, lol.
kargish (EUW)
: The only argument I've seen people make when they go "outplays were so much better back in the day" are them linking this same old Faker outplay. We know it's good, but if you want to convince people of your point, at least add some different clips instead of using Zed's Faker again and again. Miss Xpeke
> [{quoted}](name=kargish,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oExAMYTz,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-12-10T07:20:07.367+0000) > > The only argument I&#x27;ve seen people make when they go &quot;outplays were so much better back in the day&quot; are them linking this same old Faker outplay. > > We know it&#x27;s good, but if you want to convince people of your point, at least add some different clips instead of using Zed&#x27;s Faker again and again. > > Miss Xpeke This comment is awful because you're clearly making up a history of people positing the same argument I am with the same examples. I have never even seen anyone complain about what I'm posting before, lol. Edit: Just pathetic honestly. I spent 5 minutes searching for a post just even complaining about old vs new outplays and could not find anything. Seriously, forget the Zed clip you say is "always involved," I literally found nothing. You are a pathetic liar, and the only reason people thumbs upped your comment is because everyone has seen the Zed play before and their availability heuristic makes its prevalence seem more frequent than it really is. You know how you can be vindicated though, go ahead and find me just ONE post that fits the description you provide. Thanks bud.
: Ye, that second clips play could have been done by a silver player. Literally the only thing the guy did that even resembled skill was the timing on hourglass? Not very impressive but they still gotta have announcers hype it up lol.
> [{quoted}](name=tehechounpolvazo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oExAMYTz,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-10T01:11:43.367+0000) > > Ye, that second clips play could have been done by a silver player. Literally the only thing the guy did that even resembled skill was the timing on hourglass? Not very impressive but they still gotta have announcers hype it up lol. Doesn't it make you cry irl, man? Doesn't it?
: I dont see an "outplay" in that second one. Looked more like waiting for your team to catch up by abusing shroud and mop up. I dont watch pro shit so i have no idea if this is a bad example or not.
> [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oExAMYTz,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-10T00:58:12.521+0000) > > I dont see an &quot;outplay&quot; in that second one. Looked more like waiting for your team to catch up by abusing shroud and mop up. > > I dont watch pro shit so i have no idea if this is a bad example or not. That is the point of the thread my good man.
: Remember when there were only 2 flat armor pen items and assassins had the freedom of buying BoRK, BT, BC, Hydra, armor pen, etc. and weren't pidgeonholed into only lethality, LW, and BC?
> [{quoted}](name=ez mental boom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oExAMYTz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-10T00:29:49.723+0000) > > Remember when there were only 2 flat armor pen items and assassins had the freedom of buying BoRK, BT, BC, Hydra, armor pen, etc. and weren&#x27;t pidgeonholed into only lethality, LW, and BC? I do indeed. I do indeed.
Rioter Comments
: Dear santa Riot, for christmas i would like a new balance team
The biggest problem in this game by far is shutdown experience, and then shut down gold.
: > [{quoted}](name=Goblin Ranger,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u80OLAma,comment-id=00000002000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-23T20:43:12.196+0000) > > so you&#x27;d rather get waffle stomped than to make a game even from a snowball? You're pitching a state of the game that is every game is a comeback based on one kill That'd totally devalue comebacks and punish leads and would frankly be worse than this current state where stomps are super common but comebacks are still meaningful. So absolutely I would rather be stomped. Snowballing is literally a mechanic the game is designed around, if you hate it so much you should suggest removing items and XP and make it a purely tactical game based on performance. Though I think most League players actually like earning gold and creating leads and that's why its a big part of every MOBA, you get power as a reward for playing well. It takes a while before its amassed to a point where you can't counterplay it and if you see a teammate feeding you have time to go over there and act to prevent it, otherwise you can take the risk of an enemy snowballing and focus on pressuring another part of the map harder.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u80OLAma,comment-id=000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-23T20:50:13.567+0000) > > You&#x27;re pitching a state of the game that is every game is a comeback based on one kill > > That&#x27;d totally devalue comebacks and punish leads and would frankly be worse than this current state where stomps are super common but comebacks are still meaningful. So absolutely I would rather be stomped. Snowballing is literally a mechanic the game is designed around, if you hate it so much you should suggest removing items and XP and make it a purely tactical game based on performance. Though I think most League players actually like earning gold and creating leads and that&#x27;s why its a big part of every MOBA, you get power as a reward for playing well. > > It takes a while before its amassed to a point where you can&#x27;t counterplay it and if you see a teammate feeding you have time to go over there and act to prevent it, otherwise you can take the risk of an enemy snowballing and focus on pressuring another part of the map harder. This right here, is probably my favourite argument yet. Really great way of putting things.
Rαy (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=BRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u80OLAma,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2018-11-23T19:06:30.792+0000) > > no, riot&#x27;s solution for snowball meta is that an entire team won&#x27;t get gold for shutting down one player Huh? What do you mean?
> [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u80OLAma,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2018-11-23T19:18:00.985+0000) > > Huh? lol
Papuga (NA)
: I've never considered the exp question when it comes to getting kills which I reliaze was silly of me as my main weaknesses in games is falling behind in exp and not knowing why. Regardless, first question, in your scenario, how does the Jax get 80.4% exp in that scenario? 50 + 14 cause of the two levels? Secondly, you got your lead through incremental advantages, small advantage small gain. If he gets a big advantage momentarily should he not get big gains? You proposed the worst case scenario, I believe, but I think that worst case scenarios don't occur that often if the player in the lead played smarter. Yea, you may not be able to avoid being gnaked and dying but you could minimize the impact with better wave control, vision and team communication. Regardless, I'll take it at face value that exp comeback mechanism is too strong. So, to find a middle ground, here is my proposed solution. Keep the existing system but share the exp between those involved. I am not sure of the split yet but let's say the enemy jungle ganks and they get a kill. They would then split the experience gained between the two of them. Your laner doesn't back as hard while still gaining a small lead. Now, if your opponent were to solo kill you they deserve the full experience boosts form achieving a difficult feat.
> [{quoted}](name=Papuga,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-23T13:14:39.439+0000) > > I&#x27;ve never considered the exp question when it comes to getting kills which I reliaze was silly of me as my main weaknesses in games is falling behind in exp and not knowing why. Regardless, first question, in your scenario, how does the Jax get 80.4% exp in that scenario? 50 + 14 cause of the two levels? > > Secondly, you got your lead through incremental advantages, small advantage small gain. If he gets a big advantage momentarily should he not get big gains? You proposed the worst case scenario, I believe, but I think that worst case scenarios don&#x27;t occur that often if the player in the lead played smarter. Yea, you may not be able to avoid being gnaked and dying but you could minimize the impact with better wave control, vision and team communication. > > Regardless, I&#x27;ll take it at face value that exp comeback mechanism is too strong. So, to find a middle ground, here is my proposed solution. Keep the existing system but share the exp between those involved. I am not sure of the split yet but let&#x27;s say the enemy jungle ganks and they get a kill. They would then split the experience gained between the two of them. Your laner doesn&#x27;t back as hard while still gaining a small lead. Now, if your opponent were to solo kill you they deserve the full experience boosts form achieving a difficult feat. 1) If you get a lead in lane, which is common if you're a better than average player in your division, you often find yourself two levels up. 2) Actually, the scenario could be worse, because it gets worse with higher levels. 3) The experience is not split between the jungler and the killer. The experience works like shutdown gold. The killer is rewarded that 80.4%, and the assist is rewarded the exact same amount: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_(champion) This is a problem for obvious reasons. You basically give 2 people a level up if you're 2 levels ahead of them. Again, most leads result in at least a 2 level advantage.
Papuga (NA)
: As the OP is arguing it's a matter of degrees, not black and white. Would the game be in a healthy state if you were able to carry that game? Your team was behind, some games you just can't carry and that's fine. If you had that score and your team was breaking even or a tad behind, sure that would be an issue. But if they're that far behind then I don't find it inconceivable that they would win. OP's original post is all about ones hardwork reverted by a single mistake. Think of the other team. Clearly each of their lanes was able to capitalize on their advantages to build significant leads, why should your one lead out balance all of theirs?
> [{quoted}](name=Papuga,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=00000000000100010001,timestamp=2018-11-23T12:59:03.731+0000) > > As the OP is arguing it&#x27;s a matter of degrees, not black and white. Would the game be in a healthy state if you were able to carry that game? Your team was behind, some games you just can&#x27;t carry and that&#x27;s fine. If you had that score and your team was breaking even or a tad behind, sure that would be an issue. But if they&#x27;re that far behind then I don&#x27;t find it inconceivable that they would win. OP&#x27;s original post is all about ones hardwork reverted by a single mistake. Think of the other team. Clearly each of their lanes was able to capitalize on their advantages to build significant leads, why should your one lead out balance all of theirs? Perfectly said ^
Mordius (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DoktorKaiser,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-11-23T00:25:09.736+0000) > > Wrong, it was extremely balanced because it was EXTREMELY hard to get those 5 level lead. Only the actually better players got to snowball like that and solo carry, most of the times the game was very close and comeback was possible by turtling. Nowadays you press 3 buttons and delete someone at any point of the game regardless of items, bar zhonyas. Hell I think I had 37 kills when I first timed Kha Zix after 3 years last season... It was not extremely hard. The alternative to you climbing, is one of your teammates feeding and the enemy snowballing and shutting your team down. Which is what happened. You lost a lot of games because someone fed and 1 person snowballed from there. So no, you have no idea what you are talking about. The game was originally balanced around 2 variables. EXP and Gold. Now the game is just balanced around just gold, which makes for a much better experience overall.
> [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2018-11-23T12:51:07.754+0000) > > It was not extremely hard. The alternative to you climbing, is one of your teammates feeding and the enemy snowballing and shutting your team down. Which is what happened. You lost a lot of games because someone fed and 1 person snowballed from there. > So no, you have no idea what you are talking about. > > The game was originally balanced around 2 variables. EXP and Gold. > Now the game is just balanced around just gold, which makes for a much better experience overall. Shutdown experience is also ridiculous. The game is balanced around champions, gold, xp, neutral monsters, towers etc...
: > [{quoted}](name=IcyPepper,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u80OLAma,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-23T04:53:38.699+0000) > > You know, maybe it would be better if tiers 1-3 had an increase of 100 gold each, with each tier after that having more gold. Seems kinda weird that the change in bounty decreases after you&#x27;re on a killing spree rather than greatly increasing your worth when you&#x27;re nearly impossible to kill. > > Or maybe make the change in bounty gradually increase per tier and lowering the values of tiers 1-3 below 100+ per tier. It should definitely start lower and work its way up especially since it no longer waits until after combat to check bounties. As it stands going 2 for 1 in lane assuming the 2 is on the same person only amounts to the winning team making 33% more gold when they got twice as many kills. Yes, the winning team gets lane priority and can deny a wave potentially, but that isn't exactly the most worthwhile thing when the support is last man standing.
> [{quoted}](name=My Waifu Vanilla,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u80OLAma,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-11-23T13:49:57.310+0000) > > It should definitely start lower and work its way up especially since it no longer waits until after combat to check bounties. As it stands going 2 for 1 in lane assuming the 2 is on the same person only amounts to the winning team making 33% more gold when they got twice as many kills. Yes, the winning team gets lane priority and can deny a wave potentially, but that isn&#x27;t exactly the most worthwhile thing when the support is last man standing. Assuming the same scenario, but you die to a gank, your team is actually behind 30 gold.
: > [{quoted}](name=Japan Logan Paul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u80OLAma,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-11-23T04:55:07.996+0000) > > interesting idea! Thanks for voting, and please thumbs up the poll so it gets more notoriety :) I do enjoy the fact that you made your post unbiased as possible to allow our input to take center focus. Next time, I recommend adding a "somewhere in the middle" option as well because I don't think shutdown gold is too high or low, but rather distributed between each tier in a weird manner. Too high early, good enough late in my opinion.
> [{quoted}](name=IcyPepper,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u80OLAma,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-11-23T04:59:25.689+0000) > > I do enjoy the fact that you made your post unbiased as possible to allow our input to take center focus. Next time, I recommend adding a &quot;somewhere in the middle&quot; option as well because I don&#x27;t think shutdown gold is too high or low, but rather distributed between each tier in a weird manner. Too high early, good enough late in my opinion. Thanks for the feedback, and good point.
: You know, maybe it would be better if tiers 1-3 had an increase of 100 gold each, with each tier after that having more gold. Seems kinda weird that the change in bounty decreases after you're on a killing spree rather than greatly increasing your worth when you're nearly impossible to kill. Or maybe make the change in bounty gradually increase per tier and lowering the values of tiers 1-3 below 100+ per tier.
> [{quoted}](name=IcyPepper,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u80OLAma,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-23T04:53:38.699+0000) > > You know, maybe it would be better if tiers 1-3 had an increase of 100 gold each, with each tier after that having more gold. Seems kinda weird that the change in bounty decreases after you&#x27;re on a killing spree rather than greatly increasing your worth when you&#x27;re nearly impossible to kill. > > Or maybe make the change in bounty gradually increase per tier and lowering the values of tiers 1-3 below 100+ per tier. interesting idea! Thanks for voting, and please thumbs up the poll so it gets more notoriety :)
: no. if anything they need to remove the bounty cap. having it cap at 1000 is a bit annoying. you manage to shut them down and you only get 1000 of their full bounty so you have to kill them again to get another 1000 of their full bounty.
> [{quoted}](name=Goblin Ranger,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u80OLAma,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-23T04:14:27.865+0000) > > no. if anything they need to remove the bounty cap. having it cap at 1000 is a bit annoying. you manage to shut them down and you only get 1000 of their full bounty so you have to kill them again to get another 1000 of their full bounty. Thanks for your insight! Others might agree. Please give the post a vote up, so it gets more notoriety, if you don't mind :)
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Franco Corelli,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=000000000000000200010001,timestamp=2018-11-23T02:50:41.473+0000) > > then just makes an enemy getting fed off of one bad teammate impossible. make turrets tankier, and make repeat deaths worth even less money. if league is a team game it shouldn&#x27;t be decided by the worst guy but by the best guy, since HE is the one who deserves climbing. > > look at it like this, what would you prefer, the worst teammate losing elo, or the best teammate winning elo? imo the latter is better for the game. yes there will be lucky noobs but in tim they&#x27;ll just fall off I want a fun game where every member of each team contributes to the result. I don't want the best or the worst player to singlehandedly decide the outcome. Moreover, I don't think the win/lose outcome is even the most important aspect of the game. I don't sympathize with players who choose to grind rank and then complain that grinding is too difficult. I don't sympathize with players who think that they are the most skilled participant in a match just because they have the most kills in the game while discounting the contributions of teamplay/utility champions or objective-focused players. A team can completely deserve to lose a game while having a kill lead if they are cocky or outsmarted by strategic players. People often appraise the game's standing incorrectly and then feel cheated when their opponents "comeback" because of different team comp power curves. An early lead can often be an illusion, and the OP seems to be a Renekton one trick, so he has a clear bias on this topic.
> [{quoted}](name=Hemulen Magi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=0000000000000002000100010000,timestamp=2018-11-23T03:28:03.747+0000) > > I want a fun game where every member of each team contributes to the result. I don&#x27;t want the best or the worst player to singlehandedly decide the outcome. Moreover, I don&#x27;t think the win/lose outcome is even the most important aspect of the game. I don&#x27;t sympathize with players who choose to grind rank and then complain that grinding is too difficult. I don&#x27;t sympathize with players who think that they are the most skilled participant in a match just because they have the most kills in the game while discounting the contributions of teamplay/utility champions or objective-focused players. A team can completely deserve to lose a game while having a kill lead if they are cocky or outsmarted by strategic players. People often appraise the game&#x27;s standing incorrectly and then feel cheated when their opponents &quot;comeback&quot; because of different team comp power curves. An early lead can often be an illusion, and the OP seems to be a Renekton one trick, so he has a clear bias on this topic. Scaling champions should have the counterplay of surviving lane and outscaling: that is what the Jax's of the world had to do before, and they were successful often times. My biggest issue with your argument is that you say in a system that allows for more snowballing, you won't get a full team contribution. That notion is just absurd, because people climb faster to where they belong in an individualistic LoL, and so the teams will be evenly skilled, because the vast majority of players are where they belong in terms of ranking. So actually, snowballing out of control becomes unlikely. You will still get some degree of snowballing in most games, but that is something you can never avoid in LoL unless you make kills worth hardly anything.
: > [{quoted}](name=Japan Logan Paul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=000000000000000200010000,timestamp=2018-11-23T02:31:34.533+0000) > > What destroys skill expression is exactly what you&#x27;re supporting though: a VERY team-based game. The more individualistic League of Legends is, the more games a good player will win. The less individualistic LoL is, the more games a good player will lose because of a bad team. Climbing is undeniably harder the more team-oriented the game becomes, and because you can&#x27;t maintain lead any more (because everyone dies eventually....), there is less &quot;skill-expression&quot; in the game. Imagine that you have two teams, Team A, and Team B. For each team, the most skilled members just so happen to be the bot laners in this hypothetical situation, and they just so happen to be roughly matched in skill level and therefore neither side comes out of laning with a massive snowballing lead, but let's say that team A's bot lane is slightly more skilled and does take a small lead of 2 kills. Now imagine that meanwhile up in top lane, you happen to have two unskilled opponents fighting one another but Team B's top laner is a lane bully and therefore takes a massive early lead because Team A's unskilled top laner feeds him 8 kills in laning. Even though the bot laners were all more skilled in this hypothetical, their skill expression results in less impact on the game's outcome depending on how strong snowballing is balanced. To take the hypothetical to an extreme, if top laner B snowballs to the point where he can literally one-shot bot lane A out of laning, then there may be impossible for team A to contest any objectives and you could have four challenger level players' skill expression in bot lane negated by the impact of one out-of-control snowballing bronze level player. How does snowballing contribute to skill expression here? I think snowballing is already too high and results in fights often being too one-sided with low counterplay 100-0s skirmishes running rampant. I also think that people who don't like relying on a team aren't a good fit for League of Legends. When people complain that they cannot climb because total solo carrying is impossible, I don't sympathize with their blame game and I feel that they are missing the point of League of Legends. The kind of gameplay those players seem to want only rewards selfish play styles and won't make the game more fun as a whole.
> [{quoted}](name=Hemulen Magi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=0000000000000002000100000001,timestamp=2018-11-23T03:01:06.621+0000) > > Imagine that you have two teams, Team A, and Team B. For each team, the most skilled members just so happen to be the bot laners in this hypothetical situation, and they just so happen to be roughly matched in skill level and therefore neither side comes out of laning with a massive snowballing lead, but let&#x27;s say that team A&#x27;s bot lane is slightly more skilled and does take a small lead of 2 kills. Now imagine that meanwhile up in top lane, you happen to have two unskilled opponents fighting one another but Team B&#x27;s top laner is a lane bully and therefore takes a massive early lead because Team A&#x27;s unskilled top laner feeds him 8 kills in laning. Even though the bot laners were all more skilled in this hypothetical, their skill expression results in less impact on the game&#x27;s outcome depending on how strong snowballing is balanced. To take the hypothetical to an extreme, if top laner B snowballs to the point where he can literally one-shot bot lane A out of laning, then there may be impossible for team A to contest any objectives and you could have four challenger level players&#x27; skill expression in bot lane negated by the impact of one out-of-control snowballing bronze level player. How does snowballing contribute to skill expression here? > > I think snowballing is already too high and results in fights often being too one-sided with low counterplay 100-0s skirmishes running rampant. I also think that people who don&#x27;t like relying on a team aren&#x27;t a good fit for League of Legends. When people complain that they cannot climb because total solo carrying is impossible, I don&#x27;t sympathize with their blame game and I feel that they are missing the point of League of Legends. The kind of gameplay those players seem to want only rewards selfish play styles and won&#x27;t make the game more fun as a whole. First, I want to start by saying, you have not proposed how I can carry games I am clearly the best player in, in the team-oriented version of LoL. Second, there are a lot of issues with this scenario: 1) you're assuming that picking a lane bully is going to be overpowered in an individualistic system because then you're going to get kills and no1 will stop you. That is wrong, because scaling stops you, and in that scaling vs lane bully game, the onus is on the scaling player to have the skill to feed as little as possible, while csing as much as possible. We know this isn't a problem, because LoL has been more individualistic in the past, and there wasn't an epidemic where lane bullies were super OP. 2) Your scenario is a 1 in 50 game, lol. You're saying that first of all someone has to snowball beyond control, and then secondly, the best players in the game happen to face off vs each other. In the team-oriented LoL, you have a minimal influence over the game most of the time. You cannot win the argument, that a good player will have less influence on the game an individualistic LoL, than they will in a team-oriented LoL; no one is going to buy into that. 3) in your scenario, if the bot laners are evenly matched, and then the enemy team has the better top laner, you'd expect the enemy team to win, because the enemy team has more skill over all. It is not an issue for your team to lose because they have less skill. If you're a better than average player in your division, the idea is that you will climb out of it because you will end up on more teams that have higher overall skill since you're on it.
: > [{quoted}](name=SpaceEnk,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-23T00:41:23.107+0000) > > I disagree. If you&#x27;re stomping lane and then get killed while being as fed as you are, you should be punished for dying with the stats you&#x27;ve received. > > The amount shouldn&#x27;t be lowered. It&#x27;s balanced where it&#x27;s at now. Moving it down from where it is just makes league feel even more like the hostage game no-point-of return many complain about in the forums and others from other genres say they dislike about ours. > > If you&#x27;re a good player and you&#x27;re accruing bounty, you should be well aware that you&#x27;re more rewarding and play accordingly. The player gets punished for being bad, but same can be said for a fed player that overextends or tunnels. no one is complaining about shutdown system in a 5v5 context. but we both know that's not why people hate it. we hate it because it punishes the ONE team member who is fed enough to carry a losing team. I played a game as Kayn where my teammates deaths were in the double digits EACH. I went 28/2/16 and still lost. now how is that fair? how is it fair that the enemy kaisa gets a 1500 gold shutdown for my death where i get 450? this is called solo queue for a reason. individual skill should matter. and most of us feel like it doesn't at all
> [{quoted}](name=Franco Corelli,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=0000000000010001,timestamp=2018-11-23T02:58:07.637+0000) > > no one is complaining about shutdown system in a 5v5 context. but we both know that&#x27;s not why people hate it. we hate it because it punishes the ONE team member who is fed enough to carry a losing team. I played a game as Kayn where my teammates deaths were in the double digits EACH. I went 28/2/16 and still lost. now how is that fair? how is it fair that the enemy kaisa gets a 1500 gold shutdown for my death where i get 450? this is called solo queue for a reason. individual skill should matter. and most of us feel like it doesn&#x27;t at all Dude, you are saying everything I'm thinking
: > [{quoted}](name=Hemulen Magi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=00000000000000020001,timestamp=2018-11-23T02:25:39.482+0000) > > If 4/5 of your opponents are more skilled than your 4 teammates, then they probably should have a greater probability of winning than you. That is the fair outcome in a team game. If the game were balanced the other way around with massive snowballing to allow hard solo carrying, imagine how unfair it would feel if you and 3 of your teammates went even or slightly positive but the game was actually impossible to win because your 5th teammate fed their opponent 10 kills in laning? When snowballing is strong, things feel even more unfair because you may even be more skilled than the one snowballed opponent on the enemy team but it might not even matter in the end because out-of-control snowballing removes opportunities to outplay the fed opponent and destroys skill expression. What destroys skill expression is exactly what you're supporting though: a VERY team-based game. The more individualistic League of Legends is, the more games a good player will win. The less individualistic LoL is, the more games a good player will lose because of a bad team. Climbing is undeniably harder the more team-oriented the game becomes, and because you can't maintain lead any more (because everyone dies eventually....), there is less "skill-expression" in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Japan Logan Paul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=000000000000000200010000,timestamp=2018-11-23T02:31:34.533+0000) > > What destroys skill expression is exactly what you&#x27;re supporting though: a VERY team-based game. The more individualistic League of Legends is, the more games a good player will win. The less individualistic LoL is, the more games a good player will lose because of a bad team. Climbing is undeniably harder the more team-oriented the game becomes, and because you can&#x27;t maintain lead any more (because everyone dies eventually....), there is less &quot;skill-expression&quot; in the game. By the way, I think comeback mechanics are fine, but we need to strike the right balance. Right now, if you kill someone on a kill-spree, they lose their advantage almost completely.
: > [{quoted}](name=Franco Corelli,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2018-11-23T00:09:07.123+0000) > > yes, it&#x27;s extremely fair when you are the only fed champ on your team and are still worth 1000 gold if someone kills you. super fair gameplay. A real display of individual skill that translates into more ELO! If 4/5 of your opponents are more skilled than your 4 teammates, then they probably should have a greater probability of winning than you. That is the fair outcome in a team game. If the game were balanced the other way around with massive snowballing to allow hard solo carrying, imagine how unfair it would feel if you and 3 of your teammates went even or slightly positive but the game was actually impossible to win because your 5th teammate fed their opponent 10 kills in laning? When snowballing is strong, things feel even more unfair because you personally may even be more skilled than the one snowballed opponent on the enemy team but it might not even matter in the end because out-of-control snowballing removes opportunities to outplay the fed opponent and destroys skill expression.
> [{quoted}](name=Hemulen Magi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=00000000000000020001,timestamp=2018-11-23T02:25:39.482+0000) > > If 4/5 of your opponents are more skilled than your 4 teammates, then they probably should have a greater probability of winning than you. That is the fair outcome in a team game. If the game were balanced the other way around with massive snowballing to allow hard solo carrying, imagine how unfair it would feel if you and 3 of your teammates went even or slightly positive but the game was actually impossible to win because your 5th teammate fed their opponent 10 kills in laning? When snowballing is strong, things feel even more unfair because you may even be more skilled than the one snowballed opponent on the enemy team but it might not even matter in the end because out-of-control snowballing removes opportunities to outplay the fed opponent and destroys skill expression. What destroys skill expression is exactly what you're supporting though: a VERY team-based game. The more individualistic League of Legends is, the more games a good player will win. The less individualistic LoL is, the more games a good player will lose because of a bad team. Climbing is undeniably harder the more team-oriented the game becomes, and because you can't maintain lead any more (because everyone dies eventually....), there is less "skill-expression" in the game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Japan Logan Paul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-22T23:26:21.291+0000) > > I&#x27;m not saying comeback mechanics are a problem in general. I am saying that we need to strike the right balance, and being able to catch up to someone that has killed you 3-5 times because of a gank shouldn&#x27;t reward you as heavily as it does. I disagree. If you're stomping lane and then get killed while being as fed as you are, you should be punished for dying with the stats you've received. The amount shouldn't be lowered. It's balanced where it's at now. Moving it down from where it is just makes league feel even more like the hostage game no-point-of return many complain about in the forums and others from other genres say they dislike about ours. If you're a good player and you're accruing bounty, you should be well aware that you're more rewarding and play accordingly. The player gets punished for being bad, but same can be said for a fed player that overextends or tunnels.
> [{quoted}](name=SpaceEnk,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-23T00:41:23.107+0000) > > I disagree. If you&#x27;re stomping lane and then get killed while being as fed as you are, you should be punished for dying with the stats you&#x27;ve received. > > The amount shouldn&#x27;t be lowered. It&#x27;s balanced where it&#x27;s at now. Moving it down from where it is just makes league feel even more like the hostage game no-point-of return many complain about in the forums and others from other genres say they dislike about ours. > > If you&#x27;re a good player and you&#x27;re accruing bounty, you should be well aware that you&#x27;re more rewarding and play accordingly. The player gets punished for being bad, but same can be said for a fed player that overextends or tunnels. "If you're stomping lane and then get killed while being as fed as you are, you should be punished for dying with the stats you've received." Interesting take, can you please explain why you think that is justified? It feels like the amount of punishment (be punished with the stats your recieved by being fed), is kind of arbitrary to me.
: If you have enough kills for shutdown gold, the idea is that you shouldn't be dying to the enemy team because you're strong. I don't think this needs to be changed. If you die, then you aren't carrying in the first place.
> [{quoted}](name=Sandsexual,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-23T00:36:09.851+0000) > > If you have enough kills for shutdown gold, the idea is that you shouldn&#x27;t be dying to the enemy team because you&#x27;re strong. I don&#x27;t think this needs to be changed. If you die, then you aren&#x27;t carrying in the first place. Okay the statement "if you die, you aren't carrying," is obviously just not true: people who carry can die, lol. Also,I notice that a lot of people, including youself in this case, are just making an argument for comeback mechanics in general. So, right now you're saying that you should be punished for dying while you have a lead. Okay, I do not disagree with that, but we need to have the right balance. Is it okay to have a scenario like I described above where an opponent who fell behind from multiple mistakes, is automatically close to even with the person he shutdown, because that person made 1 mistake? I'd argue no.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-22T23:24:38.410+0000) > > That&#x27;s not an issue. That&#x27;s intentional. > > Back in like season 2, if anyone ever got a 5 level lead the game was basically over. > People would get KDA of like 30-0 in a ranked SR game. It was absurd, and extremely unfun. Wrong, it was extremely balanced because it was EXTREMELY hard to get those 5 level lead. Only the actually better players got to snowball like that and solo carry, most of the times the game was very close and comeback was possible by turtling. Nowadays you press 3 buttons and delete someone at any point of the game regardless of items, bar zhonyas. Hell I think I had 37 kills when I first timed Kha Zix after 3 years last season...
> [{quoted}](name=DoktorKaiser,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-11-23T00:25:09.736+0000) > > Wrong, it was extremely balanced because it was EXTREMELY hard to get those 5 level lead. Only the actually better players got to snowball like that and solo carry, most of the times the game was very close and comeback was possible by turtling. Nowadays you press 3 buttons and delete someone at any point of the game regardless of items, bar zhonyas. Hell I think I had 37 kills when I first timed Kha Zix after 3 years last season... Yea, I mean I really could not agree more with you man. If you can't carry in this game peopl say "well it is a team based game." The issue is, if you can't differentiate yourself sufficiently with superior skills, how do you climb? It is like these people don't understand that the point of the ranked system is to be good enough to rank up. If being good doesn't net you more wins because of "team oriented mechanics," you don't climb very fast and it is extremely frustrating.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-22T23:33:19.672+0000) > > Again. It&#x27;s suppose to. Because the alternative is that fed champ steamrolling the rest of the game and everyone giving up at 10 minutes in. > There is nothing wrong with the way shutdowns work in the game in it&#x27;s current state. > Riot has been working on it for over 5 seasons. It&#x27;s pretty much balanced at this point. yes, it's extremely fair when you are the only fed champ on your team and are still worth 1000 gold if someone kills you. super fair gameplay. A real display of individual skill that translates into more ELO!
> [{quoted}](name=Franco Corelli,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2018-11-23T00:09:07.123+0000) > > yes, it&#x27;s extremely fair when you are the only fed champ on your team and are still worth 1000 gold if someone kills you. super fair gameplay. A real display of individual skill that translates into more ELO! This guy knows what it be
Mordius (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Japan Logan Paul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-22T23:38:24.410+0000) > > Can you please show me some sign that you understand my argument that we need to find the right balance? It is not as black and white as: There are either stomps, or everything is completely even. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion?sort_type=hot > > I am trying to tell you that if we moved the marker down to 40% from 50%, and took away the 7% experience gain for each level you&#x27;re behind, we might live in a world where people still get a lot from a shutdown kill, but it doesn&#x27;t completely evaporate the lead that player earned from stomping his lane. You shouldn&#x27;t be even in experience with the Zed that killed you several times, because your jungler helped you snag him once. Your argument is that the current system isn't fair. But Riot doesn't care about what is Fair. They base the game around what is fun. There is a range, where being too far ahead and too far behind makes the game unfun Riot has fixed the system to always stay in that range. And it works.
> [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-22T23:41:40.739+0000) > > Your argument is that the current system isn&#x27;t fair. > But Riot doesn&#x27;t care about what is Fair. They base the game around what is fun. > There is a range, where being too far ahead and too far behind makes the game unfun > Riot has fixed the system to always stay in that range. And it works. I think an unfair game is the opposite of fun personally. I don't enjoy having my monstrous lead erased by 1 mistake, because usually the opponent(s) made many mistakes for me to accrue a lead in the first place.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-22T23:33:19.672+0000) > > Again. It&#x27;s suppose to. Because the alternative is that fed champ steamrolling the rest of the game and everyone giving up at 10 minutes in. > There is nothing wrong with the way shutdowns work in the game in it&#x27;s current state. > Riot has been working on it for over 5 seasons. It&#x27;s pretty much balanced at this point. DotA's been working on it for >10 years and they're still making major changes to the way comebacks work. This shit is nowhere near decided in the slightest.
> [{quoted}](name=ZerglingOne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-22T23:44:02.160+0000) > > DotA&#x27;s been working on it for &gt;10 years and they&#x27;re still making major changes to the way comebacks work. This shit is nowhere near decided in the slightest. Agree
Mordius (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Japan Logan Paul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-22T23:26:21.291+0000) > > I&#x27;m not saying comeback mechanics are a problem in general. I am saying that we need to strike the right balance, and being able to catch up to someone that has killed you 3-5 times because of a gank shouldn&#x27;t reward you as heavily as it does. Again. It's suppose to. Because the alternative is that fed champ steamrolling the rest of the game and everyone giving up at 10 minutes in. There is nothing wrong with the way shutdowns work in the game in it's current state. Riot has been working on it for over 5 seasons. It's pretty much balanced at this point.
> [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-22T23:33:19.672+0000) > > Again. It&#x27;s suppose to. Because the alternative is that fed champ steamrolling the rest of the game and everyone giving up at 10 minutes in. > There is nothing wrong with the way shutdowns work in the game in it&#x27;s current state. > Riot has been working on it for over 5 seasons. It&#x27;s pretty much balanced at this point. Can you please show me some sign that you understand my argument that we need to find the right balance? It is not as black and white as: There are either stomps, or everything is completely even. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion?sort_type=hot I am trying to tell you that if we moved the marker down to 40% from 50%, and took away the 7% experience gain for each level you're behind, we might live in a world where people still get a lot from a shutdown kill, but it doesn't completely evaporate the lead that player earned from stomping his lane. You shouldn't be even in experience with the Zed that killed you several times, because your jungler helped you snag him once.
Mordius (NA)
: That's not an issue. That's intentional. Back in like season 2, if anyone ever got a 5 level lead the game was basically over. People would get KDA of like 30-0 in a ranked SR game. It was absurd, and extremely unfun.
> [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yyEJoTrg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-22T23:24:38.410+0000) > > That&#x27;s not an issue. That&#x27;s intentional. > > Back in like season 2, if anyone ever got a 5 level lead the game was basically over. > People would get KDA of like 30-0 in a ranked SR game. It was absurd, and extremely unfun. I'm not saying comeback mechanics are a problem in general. I am saying that we need to strike the right balance, and being able to catch up to someone that has killed you 3-5 times because of a gank shouldn't reward you as heavily as it does.
Mythrandill (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Japan Logan Paul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=e37dEYik,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-22T22:52:52.371+0000) > > There are a lot of issues in the new pre-season that are ruining this game in my opinion. How can I communicate that to other people? Oh right, League Boards. Stop telling people that they can&#x27;t complain, please. Don't bother talking , you didn't get the idea, stay with your babyrage "people" and let the ones that give true feedback on the game post here. Bye
> [{quoted}](name=Vastayan Soul,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=e37dEYik,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-11-22T22:55:36.741+0000) > > Don&#x27;t bother talking , you didn&#x27;t get the idea, stay with your babyrage &quot;people&quot; and let the ones that give true feedback on the game post here. Bye If I have an issue with shut down gold and experience, I will complain about them, thanks.
Rioter Comments
Mythrandill (EUNE)
: If you like this preseason you are getting trashtalked
There are a lot of issues in the new pre-season that are ruining this game in my opinion. How can I communicate that to other people? Oh right, League Boards. Stop telling people that they can't complain, please.
Boolhya (EUW)
: How to bait people into clicking your threads(tutorial)
I knew this would happen, and I clicked anyways to see how you'd tell me that you just tricked me. Because I think you could have done a better job than an ezreal icon, I thumbs down you.
: you can play with people that you know that can carry their own weight, I'd be happy to assist you on having fun matches, good teammates can't guarantee
> [{quoted}](name=LickHerDØWN,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cJGMEE9f,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-11-22T22:40:19.625+0000) > > you can play with people that you know that can carry their own weight, I&#x27;d be happy to assist you on having fun matches, good teammates can&#x27;t guarantee I am afraid you will attempt to have sex with me due to your username :(
: You forgot one little detail after Annie died: Annie: ''Report rengar plz''
> [{quoted}](name=PowerSlave993,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cJGMEE9f,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-11-22T21:28:52.209+0000) > > You forgot one little detail after Annie died: > > Annie: &#x27;&#x27;Report rengar plz&#x27;&#x27; I didn't include it, because it makes me too emotional :(
: I like to think Annie yells "ANNIE ULT!"
> [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cJGMEE9f,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-22T20:18:17.501+0000) > > I like to think Annie yells &quot;ANNIE ULT!&quot; She do XD
Show more

Japan Logan Paul

Level 120 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion