Jarring (NA)
: When exactly was Steve Feak hired, and where is he now?
i was thinking item scaling on champions needs to be reworked too. Like, a number of things needs to be done across the board. It doesn't seem logical to me for skills to have the same scaling power at every level...but that could just be me. Why should the very last skill you max get 60-90% wtfever AD/AP scaling from every item you have and deal absurd amounts of damage at level 1? WHO KNOWS, don't ask me. Like, maybe they have to choose between getting a support skill or wtf idk...but skill point allocation takes like...no thought whatsoever. It doesn't seem like good game design imho.
Jarring (NA)
: When exactly was Steve Feak hired, and where is he now?
what's all this hate towards steve feak for? He did a LOT for mobas. If it wasn't for him, I don't think they would exist at all, and none of you would be here right now. So... IIRC he created Roshan(what yall might call Baron Nashor) and items that could combine into larger bigger items with recipes. It was big. I mean. DotA could have eventually fell into obscurity forever for all we know, and the genre wouldn't exist. When I played DotA Allstars, mobas wasn't a term I associated with it. I called it a fucking "Real Time Strategy Player vs Player Role Playing Game". lol and it could have stayed that way forever, because that's all there was. Stand alone mobas didn't exist. All I'm saying is that I don't think ANYTHING good can come out of Steve Feak not working with Riot full-time. What I personally don't trust is Riot as a company. All a company cares about is how much money it's making. Without Steve Feak, future looks bleak for Riot in my honest opinion. Or they can try hiring some other designers... to do something other than design and rework champions. If someone were to ask me, the map needs a full overhaul.
: Ideas on Fixing Kayle for the Better
Actually recommended this build to Phy months ago when he made a Kai'Sa video using same old build they always had. I asked him "why don't more rageblade users pick up manamune? it's best on-hit item in the game" a day later, he makes a youtube about a "KOREAN manamune Kai'Sa build". Lol. maybe just a coincidence. But I was originally talking about using the combo on Kayle, and a month later, he made a youtube about the "KOREAN manamune Kayle build" ... whatevs. Anyways, what I was gonna say initially was that I recommended the build to a popular streamer(who said he tried already, but uses the same Nashor's second core item Phy suggested. Don't think Nashor's is a core item at all for this build. Especially concerning manamune and guinsoo's. Manamune and Guinsoo's are core items, not Nashor's. it's only picked it up cuz it has AS and cdr. 80 AP in 3 core item build is negligible. When I recommended Iceborn Gauntlet as a great alternative item he pretty much made fun of me saying he wants to get "damage" as if Nashor's gives relevant damage at that point. Main argument seemed to be that Kayle's base damage isn't high enough for the sheen proc to be relevant. Well, I get that, but not only do you get an extra 10 AD that manamune converted IBG's mana into ... but you get another 30 on-hit dmg(upgraded muramana passive) from having 500 more max mana added to your pool. So it does add plenty of damage, regardless of whether or not you take into account its sheen proc, gives you 65 Armor(which is amazing for such a cheap item that is also adding plenty of damage), AND gives 20%cdr which owns for Kayle. Also, the way Kayle's E works, the sheen will proc twice on surrounding units, effectively doing more damage to surrounding units every time because of the way its worded. Your first sheen proc is spread in the aoe of E, then you get another sheen proc on surrounding units(that does not effect the main target). If the E wasn't an aoe or if the aoe portion of E was only the execute damage, rather than both the auto attack and the execute damage, it would work normally, but because of the way IBG is worded and how Kayle's E aoe works, surrounding units get hit by the sheen proc twice. That's just the cherry on top. It's already an incredibly cheap item with no drawbacks other than having no attack speed. If I went Manamune > IBG > Rageblade .. my next item would be Runaan's for AS and then I'd top it off with ER. I think it's necessary to get Runaan's at least by the 4th item. Just my personal opinion for Kayle to get his 2nd attack speed item second to last item into the build. I also think berserker's greaves are optimal here.. having the early res/armor boots help a lot especially early/mid game, but the AS on the greaves pays off tremendously by the time you finish your core, and even more so when you're full build. Maybe not as much if you weren't Lethal Tempo though, so if you went PTA or something else, there's definitely more options for boots.. Just the pay of for having serker greaves with Lethal Tempo is too great to ignore. Like, you'd sit around 2 A/S attacks per seconds before attacking anything, and hit over 3 A/S 1.5 seconds into the fight just with the 2 AS items and serkers. Also don't even get alacrity, bloodlines is better to have in the grand scheme of things along with Ravenous Hunter. with just those 2 runes, if you're attacking, you ain't dying cuz you do an absurd amount of damage physical magical and true. and shit just melts. I did a custom game test where I played against 5 intermediate bots completely solo using this build, and they didn't stand a chance in hell. Every single item made it more and more difficult for them to do anything, until I could just facetank the 5 of them wiping them no sweat. I know it's not a good example, just saying... IDK if that'd be possible on other pussywhipped Kayle builds using Nashor's and Gunblade. I mean maybe they could still win of course idk I haven't tried it, but I know for sure it'd be a lot more difficult. Basically was just like playing an intermediate bot game by yourself, without anyone else on your team in other lanes or anything. All it is, just had to make a custom game to do it. Main reason I'm advocating this build so hard is that I invented this from the ground up on my own. From the Muramana Guinsoo combo that Phy eventually credited to Koreans(I don't blame him tbh even if I was the one who initially turned him on to it), to runepage optimization and IBG synergies/exploit and reasoning behind ER. I want to see people pick this up, and start abusing this build path with better rune pages, so that Kayle can actually be the hard carry she was originally intended to be even if I don't like her design. Maybe it will eventually tip the scales so that she'll require nerfs and consecutive buffs/reworks to her kit making her a better designed champion.
: Ideas on Fixing Kayle for the Better
Like, make a training game. First do Klepto doing whatever build you'd think you'd have at lvl 11 on average. Then make another game doing Lethal Tempo doing the same build minus 1k gold(more than enough tbh in actuality it'd be a lot less) and see which build does more damage. Could even try doing the build i suggested which I think puts Kayle to her maximum efficiency. Manamune(btw there's an option where u can automatically upgrade it to muramana) > Essence Reaver > Guinsoo's > Runaan's TBH I think you'll see where I'm going with this when u try that build tbh. I think the first test the Lethal Tempo will still come out on top regardless of what build you use. But the muramana ER rageblade into runaan's build should really put her over the top. Just getting muramana and guinsoo's alone is crazy damage and much better than the standard first item nashor's/gunblade build.
: I don't take it EVERY game but it's all RNG you get lucky sometimes and the mana potions and other things really help for her lack having any sustain at all. And the the gold helps out a little bit for the amount of CS you are often denied because you'd take a death or a bad trade. It's definitely a lot worse since the {{item:2011}} chang.
> [{quoted}](name=BrightWîngs,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O4EvpwTh,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-20T02:10:47.364+0000) > > I don't take it EVERY game but it's all RNG you get lucky sometimes and the mana potions and other things really help for her lack having any sustain at all. And the the gold helps out a little bit for the amount of CS you are often denied because you'd take a death or a bad trade. It's definitely a lot worse since the {{item:2011}} chang. Well. You get one proc for every use of E, which grants 5 gold and a very slim chance at a sly sack of gold. In the mean time you could be getting actual CS with ur E instead and stop missing cannons for the sake of a single klepto proc especially. Without it, you'd also have varied options of an actual keystone that can help you kill laner on the off chance you get a gank. It's possible to even solo kill people maximizing their potential while simultaneously minimizing theirs. Say you have Lethal Tempo vs the most common keystone top, conqueror, hit them once, q and run away for 1.5 then turn around and wack them in the face 2-3 times for every 1 of their autos before they ever had a chance to stack it. idk I'm just saying, there's potential in other keystones, and lethal tempo only gets better and better as you get items. Klepto is pretty much useless after a certain point in the game, and I feel like the added benefit of a different keystone outweighs whatever gold you could have gained from klepto by lvl 11. Like, all I'm saying is if you got 600 gold from Klepto by lvl 11(which is actually damned good for Kayle), having a different keystone like Lethal Tempo or PTA etc. would be better than having 600 gold to complete whatever item you were working on. Just my personal opinion, but what do i know.
: Which champs look the funniest when they miss theire ults?
{{champion:13}} particularly in high elo or competitive play, when the whiff effectively wipes their whole team. I can't find it atm, but I know I recently saw a Ryze wipe his whole team in competitive play at top red side inhibitor turret. They got the enemy team all low at the inhibitor turret, but they 5 man warped on top of all of them where tier 2 turret would be just waiting for them to arrive and wipe them instantly. I swear I thought it was Faker who did it too. Could be wrong I guess, but I know it was on a pro riot stream. lol
: Except the skill potion doesn't work that way any more. She gets her passive bonuses based on character level now, not skill level.
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O4EvpwTh,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-06-20T00:35:05.694+0000) > > Except the skill potion doesn't work that way any more. She gets her passive bonuses based on character level now, not skill level. people like to watch videos from popular streamers and immediately think everything they say dictates the meta without actually putting any thought into the build themselves. https://youtu.be/XWTiuAhbYaE
Danthekid (OCE)
: EDIT (VIDEO LINK)
I'd like to make a montage video, but i've only recently started recording replays, and I don't play much anymore. I think I have good music taste tho. I mean, I guess everyone thinks that. I'd like to use most recent ekko play https://plays.tv/s/MFfE5euRCYrP using this song...but i need more plays. good song for gaming in general https://youtu.be/82N3iOVoR54
: I Think I Finally Understand What it takes to Climb
and just fyi, just because i only ever play normal games(and don't play a lot of LoL in general) doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm willing to bet I've played mobas for longer than anyone here. I played with clan TDA, which is where all the professional dota players congregated(the very first professional players of mobas). One of the first things I learned in clan TDA was not to chase people uphill. Beforehand, all I did was pubstomp, though I was good at the game, I had never played with a full team of skilled players against a full team of skilled players. It was always one sided before TDA or the throneit mod. Chasing someone uphill is equivalent of chasing someone into a huge bush, that could very likely have another member of their team or multiple members of their team inside the fog of war right up that hill, which won't be known until it's too late. Before, chasing people uphill was no big deal, teams were never coordinated in pubstomps. Same reason people like to have blue trinket to ward bushes before they get too close where a yellow trinket wouldn't do. Just getting close enough for the yellow trinket would spell your demise. Of course there are plenty of examples, I'm just saying, I'm not an idiot just because I don't play much LoL, and skill does in fact translate across mobas. Maybe not the other way around as much, because there's a lot more you have to be aware of in DotA, but skill in DotA definitely translates into LoL.
: I Think I Finally Understand What it takes to Climb
oh this guy is bronze/iron? no wonder. No bro, that's not what it takes to climb ranked. All it takes to get to at least gold is just being relatively decent at the game. Learn the optimal builds, learn your champion, learn the game in general. Don't do stupid noob shit mistakes that I learned over a decade ago. Dodge skill shots, I guarantee you that even in gold they will throw their skill shots in a straight line directly towards your noob asses, and they are easy as shit to dodge if you have half of a brain. Learn how to position yourself to gain opportunities to most effectively land and dodge skillshots(even though you don't even need a skill like this in shit bronze). This is where having all those crazy dashes overloaded champions like Akali and Irelia have come into play, and why it's so easy for skilled players to climb the ladder with them. Learn wave management, get better at CS, ward, and start to pay attention to the minimap as often as possible so that what wards you or your team places actually make a difference, and pay attention to pings so that you can respond to them and act accordingly. this might get you to climb to plat or even diamond. Putting all of this together among other things like team composition, matchups, counters, memorization of all champion cooldowns, etc. will catapult you into master and beyond. It's not that hard, there's not a lot to learn, just playing the game a LOT every day should naturally reward players with all of these skills. Other mobas are much more demanding and not nearly as straightforward as this game.
: All of Karma's Problems in One Thread
This whole argument against Karma is mainly due to one-tricks on both sides. One-trick top laners are mad at Karma for being able to shut them down because they are too stupid to figure out an optimal build to at least go even or make it so she's not such a threat that just pokes them from afar until they die at their own tower. Not to mention too stubborn to actually pick from a multitude of various types of champions that can easily counter her in top lane. Support Karmas are mad that their champion is being banned by top laners who don't want to play against her. In the end, all this is is one-tricks complaining about a bunch of one-tricks, and it's fucking hypocrisy.
: Mantra E mega buff that catapulted her into the meta and was the only reason she got a conquer skin? Mantra W three tick that was nerfed? Do you play the game?
> [{quoted}](name=Winterkill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rqLybWGr,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-19T21:38:52.014+0000) > > Mantra E mega buff that catapulted her into the meta and was the only reason she got a conquer skin? Mantra W three tick that was nerfed? Do you play the game? you talking about this buff? lol SHIELD AMOUNT : [30/90/150/210] ⇒ 30/100/170/240 RATIO : [0.3 ability power] ⇒ 0.6 ability power Mantra W three tick was nothing. I already mentioned if they removed the passive cooldown proc on one of the ticks of W, it would do nothing in the long run, and I'd be fine with it. That nerf was nothing to Karma players. It's nitpicking at most. But ok, you got me, she got a "big shield buff" that was initially given to her to make her comparable to other similar supports. Show me another one of these "big buffs" since Karma is so special. Also this buff didn't make her "one of the best champions in the game", she wasn't catapulted into the top of the winrate ladder like she is now. They only gave her the conqueror skin because she was the most picked support in LCS and World's. In solo queue, the buff was still just a minor buff, but I'm not denying that it effected her pick and success rate in the highest of competitive play. This just means that she fit the current meta, and although the buff had something to do with it, it wasn't entirely the buff to her shield that did it. If you know anything about actually playing competitive, you'd know that team composition comes first and foremost to what makes certain champions good picks. Not a single buff to a single ability. In all honesty, I don't think you have anything noteworthy at all to say any more, and might as well just ignore this nitpicking ragelord that can only whine about things they have no understanding of.
: She's been a problem every single time she is buffed. Riot nerfs her right after. The Developers even acknowledged more than once she has problems. If they know it then why do players like you keep insisting there are no problems? Do you know all of her basic abilities have been buffed and nerfed more than 6 times each? All of her Mantra abilities (which is actually her main problem) have been buffed and nerfed constantly? The Developers know all of this. They don't want to work on her problems but bring to light other ones. Let's not even talk about her art problems that were never completed.
> [{quoted}](name=Winterkill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rqLybWGr,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-06-19T20:36:13.889+0000) > > She's been a problem every single time she is buffed. Riot nerfs her right after. The Developers even acknowledged more than once she has problems. If they know it then why do players like you keep insisting there are no problems? Do you know all of her basic abilities have been buffed and nerfed more than 6 times each? All of her Mantra abilities (which is actually her main problem) have been buffed and nerfed constantly? The Developers know all of this. They don't want to work on her problems but bring to light other ones. Let's not even talk about her art problems that were never completed. This is the first time she's ever been buffed to the point of becoming one of the best champions in the game. Discounting legacy karma, all the major changes to her thus far up until the most recent buff have been nerfs. The most recent of which, was the duration of her shield, and further back was the damage on her shield. There have been very minor buffs to her over the course of her life on LoL, but none of them posed a problem for anyone, much less Riot. Riot: gives huge nerfs to Karma Riot: gives huge nerfs to Karma Riot: gives minor buff to Karma Riot: gives minor buff to Karma Riot: gives minor nerf to Karma Riot: gives minor nerf to Karma Riot: gives minor buff to Karma Riot: gives minor nerf to Karma Riot: gives huge buff to Karma You: Riot buffs and nerfs her right after because they acknowledge she poses a problem. Actuality: Riot gives minor buffs and nerfs to all the champions consistently to keep the game balanced, and actually has nothing to do with the champions kit being broken. Just because certain champion kits in the game are overloaded and are hard to balance, doesn't mean one champion kit is overloaded as soon as they get sent to the top of the winrate ladder after a huge buff. She doesn't even have any fucking dashes bruh. The hardest champions to balance in this game all have multiple dashes so that they can easily dodge skill shots as well as land their own. Stuff like Akali, Irelia, Azir.
: All of Karma's Problems in One Thread
the slow % on her q was increased. her movespeed duration on her e was increased. now all of a sudden, this made her "a problem in top lane". I'm guessing it's mostly because of a few people and guides in particular that recommend playing her or people otherwise complaining about her. Her damage wasn't increased at all. she was simply given more ability to kite. She was always a viable pick at top lane, and I'm sure there would be just as many complaints about her if the same number of people played tank karma top. Just losing lane to karma gives reason for people to gripe. Since more people play her now, more people will have their own chances to lose to her. Thus, more complaints, and here we are. All you're doing is whining that you lost a game because of a Karma. So what. Nothing you've said actually matters. It's all completely BIASED. Not even gonna get into the huge number of ways to counter her. All it comes down to is that you think her ultimate is BS, particularly in regards to her W. It's not even that big of a deal early game(which is where most people are having problems). Later on when her passive gets stronger and she gets cdr, she can use her ultimate on W every time it comes off cooldown cuz it procs her passive(which reduces her mantra c/d) both on the initial cast and on the proc of the root. If anything, they could remove the first passive proc on W, but it still wouldn't change much in the long run. I mean, at level 13, she reduces the cooldown of her ultimate by 10 seconds already directly after casting it on the root and AAing just once. every other AA and Q reduces it even further. I personally like where she's at. I don't really care about the buffs much. I mean they're nice, but I don't care. And I played much more Tank Karma than a standard AP Karma build. But I also mainly only played her when dominion was still around. I played a lot of dominion in the past, and I primarily played Tank Karma 99% of games. I remember going on 10-13+ winstreaks with her daily in that game mode. I didn't really get a lot of kills most of the time, but I was the win condition every time. I was mainly an unkillable distraction for over half the enemy team, while my team inevitably pushed the rest of the map with their numbers advantage. Only times I'd lose was when the enemy team got smart and only pushed where I wasn't...much like the overpowered enemy servers in Arathi Basin on WoW. Buff didn't break her. People are only complaining because more people are playing her. Tank karma is and should always be viable.
: Ideas on Fixing Kayle for the Better
Also regarding Klepto. Go back and look at your games and see how much gold you get on average from Klepto procs(especially early game pre lvl 11). I guarantee the benefits you get from another rune page outweigh the gold income from Klepto by a HUGE margin. I imagine you'd might get something like idk 600 at MOST 30 minutes into the game? That's not even tier 2 boots. Meanwhile you can get 40-110% AS, damage, etc. etc. elsewhere on other runepages that don't require you to hit the enemy laner with ur E every time it's up when you're more inclined to use it to CS ANYWAYS. Champions that effectively use Klepto are able to easily CS on top of getting Klepto procs multiple times per ability.
: Ideas on Fixing Kayle for the Better
Anyways. I like your ideas. I mean, I don't really agree with any of them, but i think you're on the right track. I have a ton of ideas for champions as well. I've had a bunch regarding Kayle. In the past, I wanted her E dmg to be cut in half so that she could get charges of it.. Allowing her to have more command over her ability to attack from a range before she hit level 11. Just thought of another idea regarding her range as I was reading your post as well. Like, maybe one of her skills passively increases her range with each point put into it like Templar Assassin? That way, Kayle would actually make sense as a champion. ATM she just doesn't make any sense at all the way she just magically becomes a ranged champion at level 11. but I guess you can't expect everything Riot to come out with to make sense. The rest of her kit though, like, the fact she gets true damage at 16, is only there because of how shit her early game is. Game is basically saying if you managed to make it to level 16 on Kayle at a relevant time in the game, you deserve it because of how shit the champion is for the first 10 levels. If she wasn't utter dogshit for the first 10 levels, the true damage would be totally unnecessary.
: Ideas on Fixing Kayle for the Better
build manamune first item. Changes everything. By the time you get Guinsoo's on top of upgraded muramana causes Kayle's winrate to spike up drastically. Muramana is the best on-hit item in the game once its upgraded. Literally does 24-120 dmg at 2k max mana, and goes up by a big amount with more and more mana. 2nd item is up to you. From what i've seen most people go Nashor's second item, and it's been working out great for them, but I don't think it's the optimal 2nd item for her manamune/guinsoo core. Experiment and find out what's best for you in particular. I'd recommend going Manamune > Essence Reaver > Guinsoo's Rageblade > Runaan's Hurricane. These 4 items are seriously ridiculous on Kayle. I was pumping out 1.3k+ dps on main target and 900-1k+ dmg on secondary targets on 3 dummy targets using just these 4 items + berserker's greaves. 5th and final item open for debate. Maybe IE or GA or some other utility. Essence Reaver is better than IE on Kayle specifically for its mana return on attacks(which synergizes with manamune) and the 20% cdr which is amazing on Kayle. There are also options for other items to go for 2nd like Trinity force or Iceborn Gauntlet. I was even thinking of an offtank build for Kayle using Iceborn Gauntlet. Like, depending on matchup you'd build into the Gauntlet + Spirit Visage and may only partially complete one or both, finishing them after completing guinsoo's, then build Hextech Gunblade as final item. Manamune + Guinsoo is incredible damage by themselves already. Being able to offtank on top of it would be interesting. especially considering she already has a heal in her kit and her natural ranged attack speed with multiple on-hit passives benefits spell vamp/life leech immensely. Really depends on the game for that one though, like, it might be worthwhile to try it if you know you're going to be a high priority target for the enemy team. Anyways, after you get the feel of the build, I would start to experiment with other rune pages. Like, I don't think it's necessary for her to go Klepto. People only go Klepto on her because her lane phase is so garbage. but I'm like.. if her lane phase is so garbage, what makes you think you can actually get enough klepto procs for the keystone to be worth it? I like Lethal Tempo and bloodlines/ravenous hunter. For the off-tank build, I'd experiment. My first few experiments would be with grasp and conquerer, but i'd probably end up using the same builds i normally do with both bloodlines and ravenous hunter(they both make a huge difference for this build in particular. I'd almost prioritize them over the keystone due to not getting any leech anywhere else item-wise. PTA is a good option as well, people don't expect the damage. Having the execute in particular makes the PTA strat really cheesy.
: What noob mistakes did you make starting out?
I've had this account since beta, but I didn't really start playing super consistently until i think around S5 or S6 or so. Before then I would always decide the game was trash and ultimately go back to DotA 2. Eventually though I just got old and needed an easier moba to play, so here i am. I've never really made super noob mistakes though. Like, maybe i'd level the wrong skill first, or maybe my build would be super experimental or show my colors as a new player to LoL specifically...but I played mobas for years, longer than most, most certainly longer than anyone whose only ever played LoL. I played the betas for LoL, HoN, and DotA 2, and played DotA 1(Allstars) for years before they came out. I was probably better than the average bronze playing in my first game ever. I remember a long ass time ago, when I first started playing consecutive games of LoL, between S1-S6 or whatever, people would often accuse me of being a "smurf", but I was on my one and only account, playing the game for the first few times in actuality. Already knew the inner workings of mobas. In fact, coming to this game from HoN and DotA is like having training wheels put on, it's fuggin hilarious how much of a joke this easy game is. I've never played a ranked game of LoL in my life though, and I rarely play any more anyways. Playing ranked would defeat the whole purpose of me playing the game in the first place. If I wanted to play seriously, I'd go back to DotA. More rewarding.
: Yes, I like your idea! My best guess is Riot must see that it's easier to adjust items instead of Champs, which brings us back to your original point, which was prevent x champs from buying IBG. I just hate to see it go, if it were to happen. On a side note, and I'm sure I'm in the minority here, I wish Riot would stop or pull back on releasing new champs, as good as the new ones are (except one, looking at you Yummi). That might allow them to divert more resources to balancing items and champs. Thanks for your insight!
> [{quoted}](name=La Belle Sauvage,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oQETVdLH,comment-id=0019000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-19T16:21:46.144+0000) > > Yes, I like your idea! My best guess is Riot must see that it's easier to adjust items instead of Champs, which brings us back to your original point, which was prevent x champs from buying IBG. > > I just hate to see it go, if it were to happen. > > On a side note, and I'm sure I'm in the minority here, I wish Riot would stop or pull back on releasing new champs, as good as the new ones are (except one, looking at you Yummi). > > That might allow them to divert more resources to balancing items and champs. > > Thanks for your insight! I agree, but they can't do that because the majority of LoL players are morons that don't understand anything about the game anyways. They just get mad at dying and think whatever killed them deserves a nerf. In actuality, they need to keep people coming back to it by consistently adding new champions and reworking old ones. They aren't concerned with keeping the player base they already have. It's smart. If they just started to focus on balancing the game, the player base they already have would only steadily decline over time, where as adding new champs/reworking old champs causes their player base to stagger up and down seasonally. It can also be directly influenced by reworking specific champions, like Irelia and Akali, which were the biggest reworks to make the most impact in the game thus far. The reworks were highly contested champions that many people played often and one-tricked, so they had to ensure they were not only good, but fun to play. They were also introduced, I assume, when the player-base was spiking the hardest since its release. the game was highly disapproved of by the majority of its players on a consistent basis by streamers and people of all elos.
: We've got a problem with magic penetration
Beforehand Mages/AP assassins had Abyssal Scepter, which gave AP, MR, and flat Magic Pen in an AURA. They removed this and changed it to Abyssal Mask, simultaneously giving the Pen to Morello's giving it HP and removed its mana regen and CDR The morello's is better now because it forces mages into sacrificing damage for survival if they want to. Before, they didn't have to sacrifice anything, they just got free survival in their full damage kit when they bought abyssal scepter. There's no logic to this argument you have. Come back with actual reasoning, and I'll listen. The HP on Morello's isn't survival. At least not compared to having actual resistances. It should give HP at the very least for that trade off they made when they removed Abyssal Scepter.
: Make frozen gauntlet melee only please?
I think the problem is that ADs find it difficult to build in response to sudden influx of tank Karma top. AD is effectively crippled by being forced to build into heavy MR early if they so chose to do so. Even so DD, Sterak's, PD, and Maw of Malmortius still exist as options(all of which effectively do the same thing, but nonetheless exist only for AD regardless). Meanwhile a Karma that builds an armor item with a sheen proc is the problem. Smart. But complain about it to your hearts content anyways, maybe they'll fiddle with her base dmg numbers in order to ostracize her from the top lane. Even if she was always a viable pick there to begin with. Doesn't matter if she's one of the best champions in the game now that she's buffed. Top lane don't want none.
nm1010 (NA)
: League has made it too punishing for any of that early jungle pressure to work consistently, that is why I called it cheese. I agree that most people are content to not experiment at all and there are definitely strategies that work but aren't popular so nobody uses them (I received plenty of flame for 'trolling' in my time when that same thing became meta later). I actually theorized about manamune with my wife a while back, but I don't play anymore so I never tried it. Good to know that I get to see that item abused by more people soon lol.
> [{quoted}](name=nm1010,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5xLbeH6d,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-19T13:20:13.054+0000) > > League has made it too punishing for any of that early pressure to work consistently, that is why I called it cheese. I agree that most people are content to not experiment at all and there are definitely strategies that work but aren't popular so nobody uses them (I received plenty of flame for 'trolling' in my time when that same thing became meta later). I actually theorized about manamune with my wife a while back, but I don't play anymore so I never tried it. Good to know that I get to see that item abused by more people soon lol. punishing how? The main problem with contesting a buff is the smite coinflip, but it's mainly about the pressure you put on the jg, and it's not always necessary to contest the very first buff. What's important is contesting that side of the map as if you are vertical jungling in a meta that won't allow for it due to scuttle changes. It was just a thought anyways, I'm not seriously debating the viability of the strat. Just thought it may be possible. I don't play much anymore either. Just been playing mobas for well over a decade. Literally all of them. started with DotA Allstars around 2004-2006, and was in the beta for LoL, HoN, and DotA 2. Though I mostly played HoN's beta. I thought LoL was trash for the longest time. DotA 2 was super clunky in its early stages. HoN was the most complete game when it first came out, but it didn't last long I guess. I heard it eventually got Ddoss'd and it couldn't ever recover from it because of being such a small company. I went over to DotA 2 a few months after it cleaned itself up. Saw my friend playing it and looked like it resolved most of its issues with the turn speed(really only major difference between DotA and HoN was that HoN had no turn speed 99% of heros/items/abilities were exact same cuz were both created by Icefrog). I only moved to LoL because I got older and my nerves couldn't handle the more intense games of DotA 2 as I climbed. LoL is an easy moba in comparison, very simple and straightforward. Basically everything I mentioned here about the game is the whole reason I play it in the first place.
nm1010 (NA)
: We have a word for strategies that can work if unexpected, but fail if they are planned for. They are called "cheese". Anyway, my point was the system would be abused, not about the validity of double jungle.
> [{quoted}](name=nm1010,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5xLbeH6d,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-06-19T12:01:47.662+0000) > > We have a word for strategies that can work if unexpected, but fail if they are planned for. They are called "cheese". Anyway, my point was the system would be abused, not about the validity of double jungle. Wasn't referring to cheese. Having a trilane(support, hard carry, and jg/roam) in a moba normally means they can effectively control that entire side of the map with mid priority. And by tracking the enemy jg at the same time, they can regulate him to a single corner of the map. It's not a nice thing to do, but it's a common strat in other mobas. The only early jg camps are on one side in the other 2 main mobas anyways. The other side just have the ancients, which really can only be farmed later in levels. But yeah you're right, it would be abused... eventually maybe, if it's actually viable and consistent. But my point is that LoL is a straightforward game, and most people who play it are satisfied with the status quo of every game playing out practically the exact same. more often than not, straying from the norm and doing things that aren't "initially meta" are discouraged, even if they inevitably become meta in the future. Maybe a little over a month ago, I commented on a video Phy made about Kai'sa, asking him why more Rageblade users didn't pick up manamune, telling him about my Kayle build. A day later, he makes a youtube about the new manamune Kai'Sa build, and then finally a month later the Kayle version comes out. People still are kind of clueless as to why it works so well, but they do it anyways because it's "Meta". Muramana after upgraded is the best on-hit item in the game. With just 2k max mana it does something like 60-140 dmg on hit depending on mana pool. Nobody is interested in why or trying to develop the meta themselves, and when people are inclined to experiment, they get banned.
Rylalei (EUNE)
: What makes a champion "hard to play"?
"hard to play champions" are the same in every moba. They might take awhile to get used to, but after gotten used to, it becomes easier to win with these "hard champs" than with "easy to play champs". Or rather, they are more consistent. Ultimately, all this means is that they are harder to counter. In the original moba, we didn't have Q W E and R to activate every skill for every champion in the game. Each and every different hero had a different letter allocated to its skill, so learning a new champion actually meant something. Just think what this meant for Invoker. Anyways, for the hardest champions, the more time you spend away from them, the less used to them you'll become, and even if you were the best Invoker or Meepo on the planet at one time, if you haven't played them in over 100 games, you're probably not going to play them very well when/if you pick them back up again. Instead, most of your time is going to be spent relearning the muscle memory required to executing their kit optimally. It's like that for every moba. If you play a lot of different champions in general, all the time, and have learned all the kits extensively, it's a lot easier to jump from champion to champion, playing literally all the different hard champions to their maximum potential. I was doing this in 2004-2006 in DotA Allstars. I'm old. Could pubstomp with Meepo one game, and go win a game with something like QoP, SF, or Lesh as solo mid in clan TDA the very next. Won't say it didn't matter what I picked, cuz it certainly mattered. But ultimately, all that "hard champions" mean, is that they take awhile to learn, but it should be easier to win with them because of their overloaded kits. You got something with a lot of resets and dashes? yeah it's a lot of buttons to press, but those buttons are opportunities to not only dodge skill shots, but opportunities to put yourself in a better position to land skill shots that would be easily juked otherwise. Basically what I'm saying is that "hard champions" = hard to learn, but easy to win with. How it's always been and how it should always be tbh.
nm1010 (NA)
: Person 1 queues for "Off Meta" Support: So what are you doing? Person 1: This sick new thing where I take our neutral camps and help laners. Jungler: So jungling? Person 1: NO THIS IS CALLED FORESTING, also you can't take my camps or my duo and I report you.
> [{quoted}](name=nm1010,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5xLbeH6d,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-19T10:54:46.283+0000) > > Person 1 queues for "Off Meta" > > Support: So what are you doing? > Person 1: This sick new thing where I take our neutral camps and help laners. > Jungler: So jungling? > Person 1: NO THIS IS CALLED FORESTING, also you can't take my camps or my duo and I report you. in the early days of hon/dota 2, the win condition was contesting early wards/sentries at where the gromp would be to prevent/enable the support to pull camps and get jg xp while the carry solo farmed. People would ward the camp so that it wouldn't spawn, so in response support would buy early sentries to take down the ward, so in response they would ward in a spot that would be hard to spot by sentry, and so on and so forth. Not saying you're wrong, but a jg can survive without clearing every single camp. JGs also get a huge chunk of their xp for pushing lanes after a successful gank. Don't think it should be a part of the meta necessarily, but it's very possible for a specific win condition to be contesting a specific buff thus gating the enemy jg to a single corner of the map, if it was composed for the team beforehand. Shrug.
: Then don't believe me. Your experiences are not my experiences.
> [{quoted}](name=Chocolate Frost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OmKBtPoY,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-19T10:29:06.083+0000) > > Then don't believe me. Your experiences are not my experiences. True, but what if I played a game with you and responded to your pings? Would you then have the same outlook you do now? Or would the game instantly become revolutionized?
: I have a great idea - CREATE A NEW ROLE FOR THE OFF META STYLE
LoL roles are a little too clear cut or cookie cutter imho, but IDK if this would make anything better. JG should be able to soak xp/gold at times. Mid Top and both ADC and support should be able to go to other lanes and even jg on their own or together. However, LoL is way too straight forward of a game. All games are acted out in nearly identical ways(which shouldn't be happening in a moba at all ever). People are used to the same straight forward strat that they do every single game. When there's someone in the game that breaks from that strat, it can be disruptive to the entire game. I remember way back in the day in DotA Allstars pubs, it would be standard for there to only be one solo lane, and it would be top or bottom. There'd rarely be a jg, and mid was most often a duo lane. People only solo'd mid in competitive games or if you were in clan TDA(which I was a solo mid for), and eventually when throneit came out. This actually repulsive manner in which NB3 got someone banned for an "offmeta strat" would never happen in any other moba. Not saying what the dude did wasn't wrong, I mean, he probably was trolling, but I don't think he should have been banned for it either.
: Believe me, I have tried providing sound advice to my allies. It's always ignored. I even warned them ahead of time 'Do that and you will die'/'Go there and you will die'. They do it anyways and die within 5 seconds of my prediction. Every time. There's even an area of the map I lovingly call the Circle of Death. It's in the jungle near allied wolves. I call it that because no matter what team I am on, allies frequently rush into that area soon as an enemy makes themselves visible and, suddenly, the 3 allies who went in die to 5 organized enemies because there's no exit. It's literally a circular maze surrounded by impassible terrain; allies go in and they don't come back out. I know the behavior of players in game. I know that they're going to do stupid things regardless of warnings or how stupid said thing is, and there's nothing I can do or say to stop it. So, I just ping them once or twice, no more than twice because no one likes ping spam. And then watch them do it anyway and watch them die doing it. Every time.
> [{quoted}](name=Chocolate Frost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OmKBtPoY,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-06-19T09:44:32.948+0000) > > Believe me, I have tried providing sound advice to my allies. It's always ignored. I even warned them ahead of time 'Do that and you will die'/'Go there and you will die'. > > They do it anyways and die within 5 seconds of my prediction. Every time. There's even an area of the map I lovingly call the Circle of Death. It's in the jungle near allied wolves. I call it that because no matter what team I am on, allies frequently rush into that area soon as an enemy makes themselves visible and, suddenly, the 3 allies who went in die to 5 organized enemies because there's no exit. It's literally a circular maze surrounded by impassible terrain; allies go in and they don't come back out. > > I know the behavior of players in game. I know that they're going to do stupid things regardless of warnings or how stupid said thing is, and there's nothing I can do or say to stop it. So, I just ping them once or twice, no more than twice because no one likes ping spam. And then watch them do it anyway and watch them die doing it. Every time. I've heard similar things before, but sorry I don't believe you. "this always happens every single time no matter what I do" etc. etc. It might have happened before, but it's not going to happen every time no matter what. Would you believe me if I told you people respond and react and do the things I ask them to more often than not? Even in normals? The majority of my time spent playing mobas is in DotA Allstars, Heroes of Newerth, and DotA 2, however...where teamwork and communication was more important, and everyone understood. Regardless, though I don't ping or type much, people respond and react to me more often than not when I do. Though not everyone is equally skilled at the game, I try to treat everyone with the same amount of respect.
: I just played a game with Nubrac
I'm mostly disappointed in the people that were talking shit on him. They were only concerned about him soaking xp/gold from midlane. Didn't seem like they cared about the state of bot lane. This is coming from the same person that "transition ganks mid" and oftentimes not actually gets off poke dmg on the lane opponent even, but regardless, just stays there to soak xp and regularly snipe cannons. They had no concern over whether or not the adc at bottom lane actually _needed_ Teemo as a babysitter. All they cared about was expressing **THEIR** dominance over what _they_ think the meta **shouldn't** be. I mean, I understand their grievances towards his presence midlane. I just think NB3 was extremely obnoxious about it. He went on this absurd power trip about how "a major portion of high elo players would quit the game if Nubrac didn't get banned"..and GOT AWAY WITH IT!? Like, someone at Riot actually took this lunatic seriously? It was blatant hubris, and even if Nubrac was trolling that game, this means NB3 should get banned the next time he snipes a single cannon minion from mid lane.
: In your opinion which role has the biggest effect on the outcome of the game?
depends on the game. as a general rule of thumb it's jungle because they roam to multiple lanes. However, what happens if every lane shits the bed? The JG can still end up carrying, but that being said you can't put all your stock in being able to carry as a JG every game. A lot of times the jg requires at least one lane that can react to ganks. Mid or top can shut down their lanes so hard and get so far ahead they will be able to end the game by themselves. JG can do that too, for multiple lanes even, completely by themselves. Only difference is that your team started off in the lanes, and it's possible they could feed the enemy team before you ever make it to them. That's the main reason I think carries at mid or top have a bigger impact. They can start dominating their lane from the very beginning, while jg sacrifices their early lane presence for map-wide presence. Also it's best most of the time for the jg to stick to one lane to gank repeatedly and get ahead. That being said it's a requirement for your teammates you're getting ahead to not be complete mongoloids.
: I Think I Finally Understand What it takes to Climb
Yeah I guess. There are plenty of players that do listen to you and react to pings though. Especially if you're not an obnoxious asshole about it. But yeah games can definitely be won by keeping quiet. Other times, I've had to speak up in order to get others on the team to stop arguing and start actually playing the game, and sometimes we end up winning the game as a result. Usually when I have to do something like that, I'd be playing support. Otherwise, I'd normally just ignore it, but I'll sometimes speak up to calm down the team even if I'm the carrying anyways. Sometimes them cannon minions on your team are necessary. Mostly to be a distraction though. Lemme tell ya it's a heck of a lot harder if those distractions weren't there at all from the beginning. TBH though, I think the main important skill to being good at mobas is having all the cooldowns for every champion in the game memorized, and constantly in the back of your mind. I started playing mobas back in 2004-2006 or so. Somewhere around there, and though I "learned the game on a single hero", I didn't actually get good at it until I learned and got good at every hero in the game, so that I knew exactly what each and every other person had at their disposal at any given point in time. The information is there, free to learn. It's up to you to have that knowledge and use it for yourself.
Voluug13 (NA)
: > she has over 700 base damage on her R q, i think its 750 and it has like a 1.5x ap ratio. Thats her ult and basically her entire possible burst, and its around half what other AP champions can put out. And thats at max rank Q and R, which means that its 750+ _lategame_, by the time that Karma is pretty much outscaled by basically everyone. Also top Karma doesnt level up her Q until way into the game, since tankarma is all about living through with resistances and maxing W for healing. > She also has w damage E shielding, W healing, so she CAN auto you off cd. You know that she has to pick between RQ and RW right? And that her E shield values are mediocre without maxing them or Mantra. > Its kinda cancer, but she does NOT lack damage. With just ludens on suport karma you hit 1k rq damage. We are talking about top/tank karma, who builds tank, not AP/support.
> [{quoted}](name=Voluug13,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GuAdjnLO,comment-id=00040000000000000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T20:09:44.613+0000) > > Thats her ult and basically her entire possible burst, and its around half what other AP champions can put out. And thats at max rank Q and R, which means that its 750+ _lategame_, by the time that Karma is pretty much outscaled by basically everyone. > > Also top Karma doesnt level up her Q until way into the game, since tankarma is all about living through with resistances and maxing W for healing. > > You know that she has to pick between RQ and RW right? And that her E shield values are mediocre without maxing them or Mantra. > With just ludens on suport karma you hit 1k rq damage. > > We are talking about top/tank karma, who builds tank, not AP/support. huh? tank karma does not max W until last no matter what role she is. putting points into W does not increase its healing. only thing putting points into W does is increase its damage and root duration. Even support Karma's max Q first most of the time. Mid and top Karma both max Q, then E, then finally W. Support Karma might max E, her shield first, then finish Q afterwards.. but most of the power in picking Karma support is in her poke, so it would be kind of a waste to max her shield first.
: I mean, Protobelt is strong while being really cheap so idk. Also he said there should be similar dmg tank items({{item:3068}} {{item:3025}} {{item:3075}}) for mr as well, which sounds reasonable.
IDK, I think he does have a point. There are no HP/MR items that also give reliable damage. There's Abyssal Mask, but it only works on AP champions. A good addition would be an item with a dispersion passive, I think. Say like before reductions, 10% of magic damage is blocked and dispersed, dealing the same amount of damage in a small area around you. Kind of the same way spectre's dispersion works. :P I think the reason they have it this way though is to force AD hard carries to sacrifice damage if they want to get magic resistance or survivability against mages. If they had this option of dispersion like i said, champions like Irelia, Aatrox(basically any AD in the top lane) would have nothing to stop them, and could run over whole teams in seconds.
: I knew these Sylas changes would gut him...
they should remove the first dash of the E and the shield altogether, and give him back the clearing power he had on his Q. The shield is mostly irrelevant when they've already knocked them up anyways. Him having a dash in the first place is just bias towards the champion same as Aatrox and Qiyana dashes. Riot: "after learning the champion to their extent, I want to make it harder for enemy champions to dodge my skill shots by having a dash that looks innocent enough to have an ungodly passive attached to it".
: I'm gonna say this, he suffers from Zoe and Akali syndrome. They're too good when they're good and they're absolute shit when their bad. This is what happens when Riot overloads a kit with multiple actives and passives, you essentially have a kit that becomes a nightmare to balance because it will always find a way to be strong or annoying. Less we forget Tank Ekko and how he could run you down as an absolute wall of health, armor and MR.
> [{quoted}](name=GodEmperorVeigar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2EeKwNwE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-19T07:43:16.588+0000) > > I'm gonna say this, he suffers from Zoe and Akali syndrome. They're too good when they're good and they're absolute shit when their bad. This is what happens when Riot overloads a kit with multiple actives and passives, you essentially have a kit that becomes a nightmare to balance because it will always find a way to be strong or annoying. Less we forget Tank Ekko and how he could run you down as an absolute wall of health, armor and MR. tbh i think he was fine when they fixed his base numbers. Removing the slow from his passive gutted his midlane prowess as well, which was unnecessary imho. Yes, one of the main problems he had as a tank was being so sticky, but doubling the cooldown on his passive to the same target along with gutting the base dmg numbers of the rest of his abilities was more than enough to balance him as a tank. Yes, you might have still saw lots of Ekko in the top lane, but that's just because he's a fun champion to play, and people wanted to play him regardless of having negative damage. If I'm wrong, I'm open for debate. I might be biased towards the champion because I love to play him myself. I just recently got a penta with him. He has a small dash as well, but it's not really used to land skill shots or make it easier to land them. It's more like a character trait of Ekko. It does help to get in range to use Q and then hop on them real quick with second part of E after they're slowed all in one quick motion... Keeping that in mind it's essentially the same thing as Sylas E though. I mainly don't like the small dashes with huge passives on the newest champions like Aatrox, and Qiyana. Sylas has been addressed to a certain extent I guess, just don't see any good reason he still has the dash like I said. which is why i made this thread. Ekko still has a dash on his first activation of E because it seems like a character trait. At least, that's what I think anyways. It's never done anything else afaik. Anyways, there are probably a lot more areas Riot shows bias towards certain champions and their kits. Like, stuff in champion kits that makes it more difficult for equally skilled players to play against. I was just focusing on Sylas, and his E dash here for the thread. What if everyone had a dash that made it easier to land their skillshots?
: Opinion: "fun to play against" is the most bullshit term to ever exist
Yeah no, I completely understand. Riot seems to be biased towards certain champions. One of the biggest ones was Aatrox. I was like, "why does this guy have 2 short dashes? why don't they just make his q work like camille's so he doesn't need the dash to land his q?" Riot "skill will be rewarded". No, Riot, I think you mean skill just makes it difficult for other skilled players to dodge it. All little dashes like this do is make it more difficult for equally skilled champions on the other team to juke skill shots. The first dash on Sylas E is another perfect example, which I just brought up in another thread saying it serves no purpose now that it no longer provides a shield. The fact that they can hop small walls is just an added benefit; it's NOTHING compared to its actual purpose. I mean, imagine trying to actually just walk normally without first dash on E and try to land Sylas hook. Easy? no, it's much more difficult. Not saying it's impossible to dodge skill shots when they have a dash. I'm saying that champions that have small dashes specifically to land skill shots is biased. Like, they seem pretty innocent right. Like, it's balanced cuz they don't do much. Might not even add damage at all. Might give the champion more beneficial stats or dmg in another part of their kit. And now they're gonna add yet another champion with a huge passive on yet another small dash. What's up with this trend. I fucking hate it. These 3 champions in particular I just don't agree with at all. I mean, the new champion seems like she might be fun to play, but to play against? I don't know about that one. Aatrox, Sylas, Qiyana. Biased champions.
: > so i hear Sylas is the worst champion in the game now Who exactly even fking said this....
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2EeKwNwE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-19T06:37:20.794+0000) > > Who exactly even fking said this.... everyone, but mostly sites like op.gg that record winrates of champions and such. Sylas winrate is currently 42.56% Champions according to winrate in the past 7 days put him @ 41.24%, which is the worst in the game. A full 2% under Akali, who was also apparently gutted ^.^
Rioter Comments
: I thought he was working at Riot still but on some new unknown project unrelated to LoL, I could be wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=Hypochondria9,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9Evnv1PM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-01T13:57:41.955+0000) > > I thought he was working at Riot still but on some new unknown project unrelated to LoL, I could be wrong. who knows. his facebook says he "worked" at riot which implies he no longer works for them. He hasn't posted on his twitter since 2013.. doesn't have a wiki.. meh i quit looking. don't care anymore.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jarring,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BodXuEMA,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-01T13:54:07.275+0000) > Yoooo, this is porn, you gotta get rid of this image.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BodXuEMA,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-04-01T13:54:58.245+0000) > > Yoooo, this is porn, you gotta get rid of this image. is it? she looks dressed to me.
: Life question + streaming question.
wouldn't recommend streaming.. just getting challenger doesn't guarantee viewers, you'd still need a day job...no matter where you're from. I mean, I just wouldn't count on it. It's always possible, but yeah nah. Don't start streaming hoping to make it your life's work. Streamers just end up that way. They didn't just decide one day to quit their day job and pick up streaming hoping to make it big, that's not how it works. I mean, if you're charming, or have an interesting personality that can appeal to gamers, etc. idk maybe it could happen. idk. it's possible. I just don't think it's for you, especially with what you've already said here. Like, I don't think you have the personality for it, but I could be wrong, I'm wrong all the fucking time. I can't tell you what to do, you can go back to college, stick with your day job, find a girlfriend, get married, have kids. There's options, but, I wouldn't recommend streaming. lol. Not before any of these other things I just mentioned.
: Came back to try out league after quitting back in season 5 due to tanks getting insane dmg buffs
yeah...and it was calculated I'm sure. meta champs are usually what 4-6k "blue essence" a piece right? they can make a lot of money off smurfs this way. I mean who wants to have to grind to play the champions they enjoy. "FTP game"
: Why do people say 'ggez.' in games?
mobas are toxic games. it used to be much more toxic than it is now, so i guess i can understand why you don't get it. It's just toxicity. left over.. from previous games. I remember people saying that shit in DotA practically EVERY SINGLE GAME almost 20 years ago. ppl say it cuz they always look out for #1 cuz they are always #1 and everyone else is...you get where I'm going with this right?
Rioter Comments
: Real hard to have partial discourse
these boards are garbage. just leave.
: It's probably a Chinese company behind, not much you can do. They don't care much for copyrights.
> [{quoted}](name=Shandrake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LFeZPs1v,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-26T05:58:48.489+0000) > > It's probably a Chinese company behind, not much you can do. > > They don't care much for copyrights. meh. isn't riot owned by tencent? just putting "Demon Crisis" into google brings up "Best Roit game available!" yes "Roit" then clicking on it brings you to a login screen with a picture of Bloodmoon Yasuo, Bunny Riven, and Ezreal. Doesn't even look like they're trying to be subtle with it, like it seems they want everyone to think it's by the same people. lol.
Jarring (NA)
: Demon Crisis maybe copyright violations?
apparently there's a lot more. I also saw blood moon yasuo.
Rioter Comments
: I'll give you an example. Jax A gets his on-hit passive doubled but loses his E defense. Jax B stays the same as he is now Jax A can of course deal a lot of damage, but now is very susceptible to opposing duelists and ranged damage Jax A attempts to fight jax B, Jax B wins because Jax A does ZERO DAMAGE to Jax B... now here's current jax versus current nasus, Current jax tends to win unless nasus gets monstrously stacked because his E can negate Nasus's Q Fiora is another example. She has high damage but her defensive capabiltiies are where she shines. She can negate any one instance of damage/crowd control at a time, she has untargeted mobility if she needs to escape, her ultimate can heal herself and everyone nearby while her passive does the same for herself let's compare her to darius. Darius does a ton of damage but even with the help of his team, he will rarely get to apply it #Hyper-carries are champions that can reliably engage the opposing team if supported and have a good chance of defeating said team if protected while still having some means to defend themselves - I don't know where you got that I said "utility" from, utility is useful but it's the defensive capabilities of these champions that let them be hyper-carries imagine master yi without his Q or W, he'd suddenly get beat down by almost any matchup in the game vayne without her Q or E, again, beat down by almost any matchup in the game caitlynn has long range, traps and a slow apparently I missed Jinx but jinx kills one target or tower and now she moves as fast as she wants while having long range and traps to deter her opponents Yasuo: he has not one, not two, not three but FOUR SIMULTANEOUS DEFENSIVE TOOLS IN HIS KIT need I go on?
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zErNNUxx,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T22:45:23.949+0000) > > I'll give you an example. Jax A gets his on-hit passive doubled but loses his E defense. Jax B stays the same as he is now > > Jax A can of course deal a lot of damage, but now is very susceptible to opposing duelists and ranged damage > > Jax A attempts to fight jax B, Jax B wins because Jax A does ZERO DAMAGE to Jax B... > > now here's current jax versus current nasus, Current jax tends to win unless nasus gets monstrously stacked because his E can negate Nasus's Q > > Fiora is another example. She has high damage but her defensive capabiltiies are where she shines. She can negate any one instance of damage/crowd control at a time, she has untargeted mobility if she needs to escape, her ultimate can heal herself and everyone nearby while her passive does the same for herself > > let's compare her to darius. Darius does a ton of damage but even with the help of his team, he will rarely get to apply it > > #Hyper-carries are champions that can reliably engage the opposing team if supported and have a good chance of defeating said team if protected while still having some means to defend themselves > - > > I don't know where you got that I said "utility" from, utility is useful but it's the defensive capabilities of these champions that let them be hyper-carries > > imagine master yi without his Q or W, he'd suddenly get beat down by almost any matchup in the game > > vayne without her Q or E, again, beat down by almost any matchup in the game > > caitlynn has long range, traps and a slow > > apparently I missed Jinx but jinx kills one target or tower and now she moves as fast as she wants while having long range and traps to deter her opponents > > Yasuo: he has not one, not two, not three but FOUR SIMULTANEOUS DEFENSIVE TOOLS IN HIS KIT > > need I go on? I haven't read any garbage you've posted for awhile now, but it's hilarious how hard you're trying to convince me that the support and utility spells are what defines "hyper carry" rather than the actual damage passives that scale with items. Good one.
: I'll make a list of the hyper-carries that have existed in league's history that I am aware of... {{champion:51}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:266}} (his was short-lived ) {{champion:429}} {{champion:30}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:157}} most of them are marksmen because they can be protected, use range as their means of defense (at minimum) and can reliably fight a team when protected notice how many of them ended up nerfed to obscurity in their history? Hyper carries are carries that have a means of defense (whether it's pure offense or long range) and can reliably engage the opposing team if protected the term "carry" was defined by someone gaining an advantage and carrying their team along with them for the win... anyone can carry if they get ahead and have at least a decent champ, but hyper carries are different because they can ALWAYS RELIABLY ENGAGE the opposing team here's an example. {{champion:55}} katarina's current ultimate deals at maximum, 750 + 350% bonus AD + 285% AP You used to be able to get up to 1200 AP on a standard champ if you built for it. 1200 * 2.85 = 3420 magic damage applied to every champion in range if she is not shut down even with only 100 AP , this is still over 1000 damage that can be applied in an area, and that would be a VERY BEHIND katarina to only have 100 AP If we want to get even more technical, a "hyper carry" used to be only defined as someone who could easily kill tanks or the opposing front line. The way this started was with percent hp damage later, it came to be what champion could be protected and output the most damage safely for that protection the original hyper carries were Kog maw and Vayne, does "protect the koggle" ring a bell?
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zErNNUxx,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-12T02:08:52.024+0000) > > I'll make a list of the hyper-carries that have existed in league's history that I am aware of... > > {{champion:51}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:266}} (his was short-lived ) {{champion:429}} {{champion:30}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:157}} > > most of them are marksmen because they can be protected, use range as their means of defense (at minimum) and can reliably fight a team when protected > > notice how many of them ended up nerfed to obscurity in their history? > > Hyper carries are carries that have a means of defense (whether it's pure offense or long range) and can reliably engage the opposing team if protected > > the term "carry" was defined by someone gaining an advantage and carrying their team along with them for the win... anyone can carry if they get ahead and have at least a decent champ, but hyper carries are different because they can ALWAYS RELIABLY ENGAGE the opposing team > > here's an example. {{champion:55}} katarina's current ultimate deals at maximum, 750 + 350% bonus AD + 285% AP > > You used to be able to get up to 1200 AP on a standard champ if you built for it. 1200 * 2.85 = 3420 magic damage applied to every champion in range if she is not shut down > > even with only 100 AP , this is still over 1000 damage that can be applied in an area, and that would be a VERY BEHIND katarina to only have 100 AP > > If we want to get even more technical, a "hyper carry" used to be only defined as someone who could easily kill tanks or the opposing front line. The way this started was with percent hp damage > > later, it came to be what champion could be protected and output the most damage safely for that protection > > the original hyper carries were Kog maw and Vayne, does "protect the koggle" ring a bell? Lol. idk why you insist that it's about the utility. give any champion in the game some baller passive with %on-hit damage passive or magic dmg on hit like Jax or Neeko or Kai'sa, it doesn't matter what other abilities they had, they'd turn into a carry because of that passive. It's been like that since DotA Allstars. In mobas, carries have always been defined by their passives. Sure, there are other kinds of heroes that _can_ carry, like Leshrac/Torturer for instance, but a "Hard carry" or a "hyper carry" refers to kits with reliable passives that scale with items. Now don't you fucking say "oh well I'm talking about League of Logods", because it doesn't make a damned difference. All the strongest carries in this game are reliant on their fucking passives and EVERYONE knows it.
Show more

Jarring

Level 55 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion