: NA LCS: Format update for 2018
"We are concerned that the new teams we are taking $10,000,000 from will not get a large enough fan base. To combat this, we are making there less LCS games to watch, forcing fans to watch the new teams if they want a similar amount of content." --Riot Games 2017
: Patch 7.14 notes
Doesn't the lethality change just encourage the pick on bot lane meta that the opponent-based lethality scaling was meant to avoid?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: NA doing pretty well in groups.
Knockout stage is all Bo5.
: When primary role is "fill" let us put a role we DON'T want as secondary
Alternatively, we could get to pick any number of roles, and place them in order of priority. There is no reason we should only have to pick 2. Like you must choose minimum 2 roles but can select more if you like.
aspects1 (NA)
: if its that small an amount, its practically useless, but if its any larger amount its farmable. i think it would be very hard to find neutral zone
Sure, its not meant to be a way to get things on its own. It would help when you get very close but are just a little short.
aspects1 (NA)
: thats very farmable
I mean like literally 1-5 essence. It takes minimum 50-250 games to do something with that small an amount.
resumed (NA)
: when you have no blue essence
Yeah, it would be nice to disenchant mastery shards for a very tiny amount of blue essence.
Meep Man (NA)
: I think the Jungle would feel better if champions were balanced around a square of jungle attributes. 1. Ganking 2. Sustain 3. Clear Speed 4. Invade/Counter Jungle Capability Each Jungle champion should only have 2 of these. If they have 3, they should be really strong in one and weak in the two others. Problems come when a jungle champion can do all four of these. Also, I think Counter Jungling isn't common enough. The Jungle really needs to be less safe of a role for those that can Jungle since jungle hyper carries can't be strong since they can usually farm uninterrupted.
Honestly, a big part of counterjungling is knowing when to do it. Not so much champion kit. It's pretty easy to walk into the opponents opposite jungle when you see them ganking. It's less about how fast you clear and more about knowing where your opposite number is.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaunty411,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xozB2tRH,comment-id=001d000000000000,timestamp=2016-09-05T18:06:52.967+0000) > > That is very much not what minimum requirements implies. The minimum for game play in this kind of game involves not having visual lag at the lowest graphics settings. I don't need the game to look beautiful, that's not what this post is about. It's about there being a simple way to do something to help out the player base, because not everyone can buy a new computer anytime they want. YOU may not believe that is what is meant by minimum requirements to play, but that IS what the MINIMUM is to run the game. If a pen is red, it's red, regardless of what shade.
So what exactly is your issue? I am suggesting something that will improve performance for some players, and not punish players who enjoy skins. So, unless you are actually advocating that players with better computers should have an advantage, beyond what they already have, what exactly is your point? Putting someone down cause they can't afford a computer? Trolling someone trying to be constructive?
: > [{quoted}](name=Jaunty411,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xozB2tRH,comment-id=001d0000,timestamp=2016-09-05T04:44:13.850+0000) > > To be fair as I have stated several times, I have a machine that Riot says will run the game. It isn't about other players, I just want the playing field to be what it was announced at. Again, I am not opposed to skins, and if all the skins had the same graphical demands it wouldn't matter. But they don't. And that is the problem. Not that people want to play with skins, but that there are a handful that change the stated system requirements to run the game. It doesn't penalize anyone to have a level playing field. And is the game running? Yes, yes it is. However it's not performing optimally. For that you need to beat their minimum requirements.
That is very much not what minimum requirements implies. The minimum for game play in this kind of game involves not having visual lag at the lowest graphics settings. I don't need the game to look beautiful, that's not what this post is about. It's about there being a simple way to do something to help out the player base, because not everyone can buy a new computer anytime they want.
: Here's the thing. A person paid for that skin so they could play with it and show it off against other players such as yourself. If your PC can't handle the game then perhaps its time for you to save up and get some new hardware rather than penalizing a player who is spending money on the game.
To be fair as I have stated several times, I have a machine that Riot says will run the game. It isn't about other players, I just want the playing field to be what it was announced at. Again, I am not opposed to skins, and if all the skins had the same graphical demands it wouldn't matter. But they don't. And that is the problem. Not that people want to play with skins, but that there are a handful that change the stated system requirements to run the game. It doesn't penalize anyone to have a level playing field.
: So the solution is paying for a graphics card. Honestly that's too much to ask for.
My graphics card is above the stated system requirements for league. I don't feel that I should need something more than what they state up front to play. That specifically is why I am suggesting a disable option. I'm fine with awesome looking skins, they just shouldn't impact game performance. Alternatively making them in line with 99% of the other models would work too.
Thørn (NA)
: I got an idea that might work for you -- Custom skins are skins that are only visible to you, and are permitted. You could have the base skin set to be the model and visuals for any skin on that champion. I think that might work, if it's the just those skins it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
Ideally I would like to not use 3rd party programs.
: Just out of curiosity, what graphics card are you using? Because I've used everything from 6 year old integrated cards that run the game on medium-low with no issues.
http://laptoping.com/specs/product/dell-inspiron-i7547-4020slv-15-6-high-end-laptop-intel-i7-cpu-1tb-hdd/ This is the computer I have.
Niaphim (EUW)
: Out of curiosity - what are your specs OP? I played League on a laptop with an HD3000 gpu (integrated) and surprisingly got solid 60 fps with most settings maxed out except some shadows and particle effects iirc. No lags or freezes whatsoever
http://laptoping.com/specs/product/dell-inspiron-i7547-4020slv-15-6-high-end-laptop-intel-i7-cpu-1tb-hdd/ This is the same model as my computer. I run it on low settings in game. I can run it in medium without a problem in 99% of games but if those skins come up I have to go to very low and still get visual lag.
Zedex (NA)
: I have a decent computer (well above the minimum and recomended specs) and whenever Mordekaiser is played in my games when hes on my screen the same thing occurs, i lose FPS. Only thing in the game that causes me to horribly lag, numerous tickets were pointless because apparently Riot thinks its my PC. So i'm all for this option if I can disable Mordekaiser who gives me a similar experience to yours.
Is it a particular Mordekaiser skin, or just the champ in general?
Elikain (EUNE)
: Are you sure your Shadows are not turned on? Rendering shadows is the major CPU resource hog. Even if my PC is in way above the spectrum for League, i still keep them off in all the games i play.
Wadud92 (EUW)
: Skins are were the money comes from for Riot. Other than victorious skins it is not something earned in game. It is something people pay for. The point of a skin is cosmetics, you buy it to be seen by others. A disable skin option is unfair to people supporting the game. A better option (and probably easyer) would be for Riot to take a look at optimizing demanding skins. My Intel HD 3000, yes that's right an on bored GPU handles the skins perfectly fine
The point would be to be fair to everyone. I'm not upset at people for buying skins. I just don't want skins in the game that make it unbalanced. If optimizing the skins puts them to where they are only as demanding as the base skins, I would have 0 problem with that.
: Doesn't the "remove eye candy" button hide them? If not then it should.
Unfortunately, it removes the environment effects like the animals that move around and the water wakes. I don't believe it has any effects on the champion-based particles.
: have you tried turning down the graphic setting in game so you arent maxing out the capabilities of your graphics card?
Yeah, I have it turned all the way down just for corner cases.
: The thing is, it's not the other player's fault that YOUR computer can't handle the skins.
> [{quoted}](name=Zane Zephyr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xozB2tRH,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-09-04T07:06:54.233+0000) > > The thing is, it's not the other player's fault that YOUR computer can't handle the skins. I'm not blaming other players. I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to use skins. I'm saying the game should have an option so a player can disable the added visual effect. Riot gives a baseline that your computer needs to run the game. Skins shouldn't move the baseline. If they do, giving players the option to disable seeing them so they can still play normally seems like the only fair thing to do.
Rioter Comments
: OP ain't wrong. A lot of strategies from guides, videos, lists, and etc. are horribad for season 6. Passive mid laners, Naut, Jinx, and Thresh are probably some of the worst choices you can have meta-wise.
> [{quoted}](name=Hunstoppable,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yt3QN7o9,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-09-01T20:24:48.632+0000) > > OP ain't wrong. A lot of strategies from guides, videos, lists, and etc. are horribad for season 6. > > Passive mid laners, Naut, Jinx, and Thresh are probably some of the worst choices you can have meta-wise. Jinx isn't actually that bad because of how easy she takes early towers.
ìAm (NA)
: Suicide Squad Team Recruitment (Bronze/Silver)
What time of the week is your team planning on playing? What roles do you still need?
: MMR Should Not Change My LP Gained/Lost
The problem with the MMR system is that it doesn't place you with just any other player with the same MMR. If the system thinks you are above where you should be it will place you with other people of a similar evaluation. If you are expected to climb same deal. So you are more likely to get bad players if you are losing, and good players if you are winning. It can create a kind of snowball effect that may be difficult to overcome.
Velgam (NA)
: When you hear *Ally has been slain* every 3 mins and on the inside you like...
: The status of Aurelion Sol's player camera has no bearing on the communications from the server to other players.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Penrif,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=999nqkGj,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-22T23:10:11.777+0000) > > The status of Aurelion Sol's player camera has no bearing on the communications from the server to other players. Does the status of the Non-Aurelion Sol team's player cam have an effect?
: People can connect, force an invade, compare team comps, etc then disconnect and start over with a remake.
The simple answer would be to move the time at which you have to vote to be earlier. The only thing that is really a concern you have is the invades. Comparing team comps can be done in champ select as a dodge. Besides not getting to lane/jungle until 3:30 basically forces your team to be so far behind its very rare to see anyone catch up.
: Stop being salty about TSM vs CLG
There have literally been millions of games on this patch. There have been 4 weeks since the patch went live after testing. Riot should have caught this. Being salty about a massive failure seems reasonable. Being salty about a suddenly shifted playing field seems reasonable. Is that TSM's fault? No. Should people be upset about this happening? Probably.
Azeranth (NA)
: Well, disrespecting or BMing in game is the same as taunting an opposing football team in real life. There is a point that it becomes bad sportsmanship, but then again, telling someone to bring it on isn't unhealthy
Taunting is always bad sportsmanship. It is fine for you, to celebrate but keep it out of all chat. Having fun at the expense of other people's feelings isn't ok.
: If TSM don't finish exactly 2nd, CLG goes to worlds as the Champion or the 2nd seed.
If TSM finish 2nd, they can do no worse than tie with CLG for championship points, and because of the tiebreaker being summer split finish, TSM would go off of beating CLG in the Semis. In this scenario, CLG get put in the finals of the Regional Qualifier gauntlet. At this point those are the only 2 teams that can go to worlds from championship points because TSM vs CLG ended up being one of the semifinals.
: Points Standings/Playoff Scenarios
If TSM don't finish exactly 2nd, CLG goes to worlds as the Champion or the 2nd seed.
Azeranth (NA)
: BMing at different times
Where do you draw the line? BMing is an attempt to make opposing players feel bad as a means to win the game. The problem is that people don't just reset their emotions at the end of the game. If people go through this enough, you drive players away from specific environments and ultimately the game in general. There are cumulative effects outside of the game you are currently playing, so why should you not face consequences?
: Actually, MPEN caps out at 35%. The rest is flat with a max of 30 pen and 20 reduction.
: Well if someone calls you Bronze Trash or say you suck at the game, regardless if it is true, it is still bullying and is defiantly reportable. If it legitimately hurts your feelings I would report it. Usually, what I do is I ask people to back off; kind of as a warning, but if they continue to harass me I report them.
That is more than fair thanks for the perspective!
: You can click both, or all the desired areas in a report, if that's what your asking.
I'm asking if Riot intends for that to happen. Most players that I know say that BM isn't an offense that should be reported.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
  Rioter Comments

Jaunty411

Level 74 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion