: feedback about nexus blitz 2.0 after ~ 50 games
Lissandra's new passive procs on any enemies dying during prizefight as well, regardless of Liss being in the fight or not. I don't know if it was intentional.
: Can we please choose our icon borders
I would LOVE this. I love the one I have right now and I'm almost scared to level up because I don't want an ugly one :(
: Capsules are listed as craftable, but they actually aren't
Capsules still listed as craftable as of 5:20PM PST, still not actually craftable. Come on, riot.
: I'm having a lot of fun, no really I am
I LOVE nexus blitz, spamming it is the most fun I can have with this game rn. Especially now that we have bans!
: Rampant Toxicity in Nexusblitz
Yeeeah last night I had people start to flame and/or int for like five games in a row, it's a goofy game mode where we can try out new champs/silly builds and people were so touchy. If you want to be on a team where everyone's tryharding, just play ranked.
: Yeah really whats up with this? Are capsules gonna be purchasable with tokens or not?
> [{quoted}](name=I Suck At Irelia,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=ExhxWQoV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-06T21:38:37.406+0000) > > Yeah really whats up with this? Are capsules gonna be purchasable with tokens or not? Riot Mort's response isn't encouraging. https://i.gyazo.com/823536115cac843ebb93655ddb074bad.png It's still up as of 3:30AM PST.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Rat With A Gun,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9VUTo15k,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-12-07T04:12:40.849+0000) > > to those i hurt im sorry lmfao ur joking right im toxic af and call people n words all the time i make new accounts fuck people and this dying trash game ban me idc You sound like a very stable individual
Rioter Comments
: Exclusive Chromas are Distasteful, Riot
Better yet, buying the bundle doesn't even _get_ you the green chroma! It's exclusive to certain content creators.
: This makes me kinda disappointed about what Neeko could have been
I want more ACTUAL monstergirls, riot. {{champion:421}}
Zeanix (OCE)
: Nidalee’s new character design
Ohhh my gosh they got rid of the sameface! She's gorgeous and I love her
: Riot design team member A: So, making "overly" sexualized females seems to get backlash. Riot design team member B: What shall we do? We can' keep making Ahri skins. Riot design team member A: We make the most hottest and buffest Alpha male possibly imaginable, to get both genders attention. Riot design team member B: Fucking genius.
> [{quoted}](name=Zeppelins circus,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5jizYcoi,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-12-04T23:03:04.718+0000) > > Riot design team member A: So, making "overly" sexualized females seems to get backlash. > Riot design team member B: What shall we do? We can' keep making Ahri skins. > Riot design team member A: We make the most hottest and buffest Alpha male possibly imaginable, to get both genders attention. > Riot design team member B: Fucking genius. It's EQUALITY
: RIOT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
He looks weird ingame because they kept his Darkin proportions so his head is way too small.
: Bloodmoon Aatrox, Pyke and Svir. Plus, Prestige BM Aatrox Skin.
I'm kind of glad the prestige skins are never colors I like, so I'm never tempted to buy them xd
: Riot these quests are getting out of hand
Just play all 130 and see who changes back to Neeko when they die, silly
: > [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MVa5mhiU,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-12-04T07:51:51.950+0000) > > I mean there can be a balance between tank meta and damage meta...isn't the _balance_ team supposed to try to do that? Balance is what we had BEFORE the tank meta, we haven't had balance since then. Unfortunetly Morello left the League team so we will never have balance back.
> [{quoted}](name=Gentle Lynn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MVa5mhiU,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-12-04T08:15:31.484+0000) > > Balance is what we had BEFORE the tank meta, we haven't had balance since then. Unfortunetly Morello left the League team so we will never have balance back. I'm trying to hold out hope, but........{{sticker:sg-soraka}}
: When will you finish the Splash Updates? People are still waiting...
Some of my favorite (current) bad splashes: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/4/4e/Cho%27Gath_NightmareSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021190428 https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/3/3b/Caitlyn_SheriffSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021025151 https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/9/94/Lux_ImperialSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021043950 https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/0/05/Sivir_HuntressSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021075826 https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/f/f8/Morgana_ExiledSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021043208 https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/a/af/Talon_CrimsonEliteSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021201033 https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/5/54/Teemo_HappyElfSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021084324 And this one is rendered fine, but her boobs are SO FUNNY https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/3/35/Katarina_MercenarySkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021190559
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=imfoolish,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MVa5mhiU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-04T03:22:16.622+0000) > > just because u tanks are jealous because ya rule the league scene for many years and now riot is finalyl letting damge dealers out to do damage ya need to stop complaining and go back to the cave that ya belong. reiot will let ya out again but not now. maybe in 5 years until then stay in ur cave and behave like a good dog. ur dayt wiilllcome again I mean there can be a balance between tank meta and damage meta...isn't the _balance_ team supposed to try to do that?
Zyranium (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=000800020001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T17:48:44.845+0000) > > I disagree with you so I'm the "opposition". And I'd prefer if you were able to argue with logic rather than blow up something into a radically different argument and put it in quotes as if someone said it. > > No I'm not offended (why would I be?). Perhaps I come off as harsh because when ever this discussion comes up people inevitably blow it up to ridiculous proportions. You're acting really dramatic right now. And you don't seem to know what sarcasm and satire is, guess what ? It was exactly what my post was intended to be, a satire of people complaining for shallow things, bringing their "communities" & personal desires into absolutely anything. How many threads here in the boards was to complain & insult RIOT for being racist, sexist or even homophobic ? Crying over the lack of "Black people" or "LGBTQ+" representation in League ? I've seen a LOT of this kinds of threads, and if you say you didn't see that, I can only say you are probably a liar or someone who doesn't come often here.
> [{quoted}](name=Zyranium,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=0008000200010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T19:03:01.914+0000) > > You're acting really dramatic right now. > > And you don't seem to know what sarcasm and satire is, guess what ? It was exactly what my post was intended to be, a satire of people complaining for shallow things, bringing their "communities" & personal desires into absolutely anything. > > How many threads here in the boards was to complain & insult RIOT for being racist, sexist or even homophobic ? Crying over the lack of "Black people" or "LGBTQ+" representation in League ? I've seen a LOT of this kinds of threads, and if you say you didn't see that, I can only say you are probably a liar or someone who doesn't come often here. Riot is literally being sued for ongoing sexual discrimination and harassment lol
: Big round of Artists!!!
I've been in love with Jessica Oyenhart's art for a pretty long time, I'm so glad to see her getting a lot of work with Riot. Her style is just so gorgeous!
: Janna VU Concept
Your painting style is gorgeous :) The only thing I'm a little confused about is what garment that is on her lower half. Half a body suit? It looks a little out of place. But that's a nitpick, the colors and the detail on her face are really great~
: Sivir splashes please
Yeah a lot of hers and Vayne's are the old Chinese splasharts if I remember correctly. Sona's got some pretty bad ones too. Sivir's default is rendered beautifully but her pose is so dumb and she's got the unitooth :(
: 【Handcraft】 Diana & Riven
Aw, you did my favorite Diana skin!! Love it. Seems like you're able to make these pretty quickly, looking forward to seeing what's next.
: Sexualization of a video game character, if not widely misplaced, is almost never a bad thing.
> [{quoted}](name=L0ve Is Blue,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=0046,timestamp=2018-12-02T14:06:32.701+0000) > > Honestly I agree. I expect champions to be physicaly fit, wich means they have attractive bodies. I wouldn't see any of them being average or fat since they are supposed to be fighters that train hard. Shouldn't there be more muscular ladies then? Illaoi is buff, Sejuani and new Akali have some muscle definition but that's about it. Leona and Riven you'd expect would be more muscular but they barely have muscle definition at all. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/4/4d/Leona_PoolPartySkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021041524 https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/4/49/Riven_BattleBunnySkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021110516 I repeat for about the 20th time, sexy champs are fine! It's fine to have hot ladies and hot dudes. But variety would make the game more visually interesting, add more scary monster ladies and pretty monster boys and skinny twinks and HUGE JACKED LADIES, there's so much potential.
Tinuviel (NA)
: This is all political...if you don't like the way the designers made the champions or any aspect of the game, either play another champion, change the skin or just stop playing. no one forces others to play this game. stop complaining about the most ridiculous things and play the game or go somewhere else. {{champion:114}}
> [{quoted}](name=Tinuviel,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=0047,timestamp=2018-12-02T14:20:27.330+0000) > > This is all political...if you don't like the way the designers made the champions or any aspect of the game, either play another champion, change the skin or just stop playing. no one forces others to play this game. stop complaining about the most ridiculous things and play the game or go somewhere else. {{champion:114}} Riot literally asked for female input and they're giving input..
: "male champs who are allowed to be monstrous or ugly" "I said literally nothing about them "not allowing", which you put in quotes for some reason." Whatever, maybe I misunderstood you. Quit being so snarky. When I say that I've seen people claim that most of the champions you've listed are oversexualized and should be toned down, I'm not claiming that YOU'RE saying that, it's just a fairly common sentiment that I've seen thrown around.
> [{quoted}](name=I love cowboys,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=003d000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T10:35:46.609+0000) > > "male champs who are allowed to be monstrous or ugly" > "I said literally nothing about them "not allowing", which you put in quotes for some reason." > Whatever, maybe I misunderstood you. > > Quit being so snarky. When I say that I've seen people claim that most of the champions you've listed are oversexualized and should be toned down, I'm not claiming that YOU'RE saying that, it's just a fairly common sentiment that I've seen thrown around. It wasn't allowed in that sense, I definitely misspoke there and I apologize. More like...it's more accepted, not really questioned, when there's more male monsters than female monsters. Can I get some links to someone saying Xayah, Quinn, Diana, or Karma are "oversexualized" in here? I genuinely haven't seen it.
: Maybe it's because at for most of LoL's history, most monstrous designs just so happened to default to male until recently. Maybe because most of Riot's designers happen to be men, or maybe because most of League's player base is male, who knows? But whatever the case is, I seriously doubt it's as serious as somebody not "allowing" non-human female champions to exist, as you seem to suggest. Also, plenty of people have been taking issue with just about any female character with a face that shows more than an ankle and has a bust larger than a B cup, you're being willfully ignorant if you act like that's not the case.
> [{quoted}](name=I love cowboys,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=003d0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T08:27:43.640+0000) > > Maybe it's because at for most of LoL's history, most monstrous designs just so happened to default to male until recently. Maybe because most of Riot's designers happen to be men, or maybe because most of League's player base is male, who knows? But whatever the case is, I seriously doubt it's as serious as somebody not "allowing" non-human female champions to exist, as you seem to suggest. > > Also, plenty of people have been taking issue with just about any female character with a face that shows more than an ankle and has a bust larger than a B cup, you're being willfully ignorant if you act like that's not the case. I said literally nothing about them "not allowing", which you put in quotes for some reason. I personally don't think {{champion:84}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:498}} are very sexualized in their base skins. Conventionally attractive with similar facial features (aside from Taliyah and Illaoi)? Yeah. And conventional attractiveness gets stale, that's its own can of worms, but they all have a face and breasts and varying degrees of clothing. So uh, try again I guess.
: Alright, then feel free to ask for more. You might have a point, if Neeko looked more like Renekton with a soft voice it might be cooler, that sort of thing's on Riot. But I don't see how the infatuation with the idea of new female monsters relates to how sexualized other champions should or shouldn't be.
> [{quoted}](name=I love cowboys,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=003d00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T07:42:05.642+0000) > > Alright, then feel free to ask for more. You might have a point, if Neeko looked more like Renekton with a soft voice it might be cooler, that sort of thing's on Riot. > > But I don't see how the infatuation with the idea of new female monsters relates to how sexualized other champions should or shouldn't be. Because there's a clear discrepancy between how female and male characters are framed, considering the amount of male champs who are allowed to be monstrous or ugly? Riot is asking for opinions on girl champs from their female player base. Nobody is saying all the preexisting champs need to be wearing burkas which a lot of you seem to think is happening.
: Hilarious how you all conveniently forget that Kindred is a champion in this game.
> [{quoted}](name=I love cowboys,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=003d000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T07:13:41.545+0000) > > Hilarious how you all conveniently forget that Kindred is a champion in this game. > [{quoted}](name=I love cowboys,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=003d000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T07:13:41.545+0000) > > Hilarious how you all conveniently forget that Kindred is a champion in this game. Okay, so three. Three monster ladies compared to... {{champion:12}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:427}} {{champion:30}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:57}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:154}} And the more vaguely-human but NOT just a hot dude with a tail... {{champion:268}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:6}} The lady monsters? {{champion:34}} {{champion:421}} {{champion:203}} Are you gonna pretend that's an equal amount?
: All those redesigns where they're covered up from head to toe and slimmed down to rectangles aren't at all desexualized? That's probably the funniest joke in this whole thread. There's already plenty of diverse female champions, there are already several "monster" females, and there's plenty more on the way too. There's nothing wrong with wanting more diverse female champions, but don't pretend like what plenty of people are trying to do is turn this game into a puritan mess.
> [{quoted}](name=I love cowboys,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=003d0000,timestamp=2018-12-02T07:01:53.916+0000) > > All those redesigns where they're covered up from head to toe and slimmed down to rectangles aren't at all desexualized? That's probably the funniest joke in this whole thread. > > There's already plenty of diverse female champions, there are already several "monster" females, and there's plenty more on the way too. There's nothing wrong with wanting more diverse female champions, but don't pretend like what plenty of people are trying to do is turn this game into a puritan mess. "Several" monster females? There's Anivia and Rek'sai, and...oh, that's it. Cass is a hot lady with a snake tail, she's not a genuine-feeling monster like Tahm Kench, or Warwick, or any of the void monsters. Same with Elise, she's a hot lady with some spider legs. Or Nami, another pretty lady with a tail. And those champs are fine, but there is SO MUCH potential for genuinely monsterous ladies. Can you point to where ANYONE in this thread is advocating puritan attire?? I haven't seen that at all
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=II Shiro II,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=007a0000000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-02T05:57:56.564+0000) > > You actually confirmed that I'm being trolled. There is no way someone who is Silver 5 and only plays ARAM would tell me 'girls only play casual games' is a tired stereotype. I'm sorry you guys got me. I admit this was a good prank. How would I even HAVE a rank if I ONLY played arams? Also, I'm more than twice your level, so if that makes me casual idk what it says about you :/
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=II Shiro II,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=007a00000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T05:34:56.868+0000) > > [DELETED CONTENT REMOVED - ULANOPO] Yes, girls only play casual games, this isn't a boring stereotype at all. May I remind you that riot WAS ASKING FOR FEMALE INPUT, so we gave it. In case you didn't notice, a lot of the game is visual. It is _a video game_ after all.
: Some people also overlook the fact that some characters, by their very nature and personality, WOULD dress that way. Just earlier I saw somebody on the Smite facebook complain about why APHRODITE is dressed the way she is. But this certainly applies to LoL too. For some characters, that's how they are. {{champion:103}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:21}} : These three intentionally use their looks to their advantage, and thus would obviously dress in a manner that flaunts it. {{champion:84}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:15}} : Their fighting styles would be helped by minimizing their tops, to reduce impairment from clothes. Plus Sivir operates in Shurima, so she wouldn't be bundled up. {{champion:113}} : Applying to her "Traditional" skin, which is canon as her past self: She intentionally wore little in an effort to showcase her endurance to the cold of the Freljord. {{champion:222}} : She's insane. She even says that the proper way to eat cake is topless. {{champion:40}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:518}} : Do not know/do not care about human notions of modest or provocative dress But how come nobody ever talks about the MALE characters in minimal, exposing attire? {{champion:63}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:157}}
> [{quoted}](name=Rakanadyo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=003b,timestamp=2018-12-02T04:59:21.733+0000) > Plus Sivir operates in Shurima, so she wouldn't be bundled up. Uh, have you ever seen people who live in the desert? You generally do need to be covered up, in loose, thin clothing, to avoid heat stroke and heat exhaustion. ["Loose-fitting, lightweight and light-coloured clothing are best...They will reflect heat, allow air to circulate and enable sweat evaporation. Avoid tight, heavy and dark clothing for they will do the exact opposite!" ](https://www.atlasandboots.com/how-to-avoid-heat-exhaustion/) > [{quoted}](name=JabERw0cKy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=003a,timestamp=2018-12-02T04:33:47.803+0000) > > I see so many posts and rants on how League should "stop the sexualization of female champions" and how "It's demeaning to women". > > Has anyone seen a "stop sexualizing male champions" post anywhere...? Braum, Lee shirtless with rippling muscles and giant swoll pectorals. Most of the male characters are jacked, muscle men... how is this any different? The hypocrisy is hilarious! Because muscles don't automatically equal sexualization. There are a few sexualized male champions, like Kayn and Rakan, but someone like Trynd, Gragas, and Lee Sin aren't meant to be titillating, they're meant to convey strength. Kayn and Rakan are considerably slimmer than most of the male league champs, and are given prettyboy faces. Look at all of the monster champions who are extremely non-sexualized. How many of them are male? ALL of them except Anivia and Rek'sai. Keep the sexy lady champs, but add some more variety. Add more sexy guys, and add more cool monster ladies that aren't just a hot girl with something pasted on. That gets boring!
: > [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zXEyXhUR,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-12-01T21:25:33.677+0000) > > jenny mccarthy and that doctor that later lost his license both should be ashamed of themselves for perpetuating the vaccine causes autism myth It's sad how these "scientists" even admitted "yea we fudged the results lmao" and some people STILL believe it. Um.. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?
> [{quoted}](name=Get Ogre Here,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zXEyXhUR,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-12-01T21:29:25.918+0000) > > It's sad how these "scientists" even admitted "yea we fudged the results lmao" and some people STILL believe it. Um.. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? Some of it is greed to sell autism ""cures"", like MMS (which is bleach) or Jilly Juice (fermented cabbage and salt). Some of it is parents with autistic kids who are desperate to blame something, even if it's wrong. They can't just accept that there doesn't need to be a reason.
: I love these skins but wouldn't this upset the annual tradition of making LCS skins look terrible?
> [{quoted}](name=PapaGreg21,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=l8kqfpEl,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-12-01T15:50:46.548+0000) > > I love these skins but wouldn't this upset the annual tradition of making LCS skins look terrible? SSG Taliyah and Xayah aren't bad, and I like SKT Nami...they're getting better!
: I think the Sona one works as my "mb" emote. Along with the Odyssey one for "what were you thinking?"
> [{quoted}](name=Rathar Dashing,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=N8AUstEO,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-12-02T03:23:06.520+0000) > > I think the Sona one works as my "mb" emote. > Along with the Odyssey one for "what were you thinking?" The Odyssey one is exclusive though :(
: It's amazing how different this game used to be in S3
I wasn't playing back then, so this is like watching a completely different game..
: "But they look like Strippers" ....And? My sister creams herself over Aatrox's abs, why can't I enjoy Ahri's cleavage? "But it's (Current Year)" ... And? That should make this MORE acceptable. Like, Remember back in the day when people thought seeing an ankle was sexy? Guess what, we got tired of ankles, deal with it. "But unrealistic body proportions." ...In what world is being thin, fit, and busty unrealistic? You just don't take good enough care of your body. Seriously, lay off the junk food(Soda, cake, chips ect.) and you will drop 30lbs over night(not literally), Trust me, I lost 90 some odd pounds last year alone from just cutting junk food from my diet. Not to mention the ladies and gentlemen in most games tend to be at peak physical performance, constantly running and fighting and all. "But it doesn't fit the character." ... Uh... How? See prior comment about peak physical performance. To mention, Gragas is a hardcore alcoholic so of course the dude is gonna be fat.
> [{quoted}](name=demonicthomas,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLxavEXW,comment-id=0035,timestamp=2018-12-02T01:50:08.733+0000) > > "But they look like Strippers" ....And? My sister creams herself over Aatrox's abs, why can't I enjoy Ahri's cleavage? > > "But it's (Current Year)" ... And? That should make this MORE acceptable. Like, Remember back in the day when people thought seeing an ankle was sexy? Guess what, we got tired of ankles, deal with it. > > "But unrealistic body proportions." ...In what world is being thin, fit, and busty unrealistic? You just don't take good enough care of your body. Seriously, lay off the junk food(Soda, cake, chips ect.) and you will drop 30lbs over night(not literally), Trust me, I lost 90 some odd pounds last year alone from just cutting junk food from my diet. Not to mention the ladies and gentlemen in most games tend to be at peak physical performance, constantly running and fighting and all. > > "But it doesn't fit the character." ... Uh... How? See prior comment about peak physical performance. To mention, Gragas is a hardcore alcoholic so of course the dude is gonna be fat. I get what you're trying to say but cutting out junk food isn't gonna make your boobs grow lol If anything they'll get smaller because they're mostly fat and tissue
: What I want to confirm is that you believe it is impossible for a character to be designed with big boobs without being sexualized? Any big boobed character is inherently sexualized in your eyes?
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00340000000000010000000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T01:56:18.581+0000) > > What I want to confirm is that you believe it is impossible for a character to be designed with big boobs without being sexualized? Any big boobed character is inherently sexualized in your eyes? If they're designed to be wearing something to accentuate it, then yeah, that's the intended purpose. Again, sexualized characters are FINE, but it gets boring when it's a lot of the roster.
Ukon3 (NA)
: Emote Idea: "My Bad"
I'd have to use that on myself whenever I use a Bard ult
: So basically any image of a character that has big boobs is sexualized by default unless she is facing away? Because a well endowed character's assets are going to be visible. They're big enough you can't really hide them.
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=003400000000000100000001,timestamp=2018-12-01T19:10:55.963+0000) > > So basically any image of a character that has big boobs is sexualized by default unless she is facing away? Because a well endowed character's assets are going to be visible. They're big enough you can't really hide them. You do realize they were designed to be busty? They aren't real people, someone sat down and drew them with G-cups. Which, again, is fine, but it's still sexualized. > [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00340003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T17:03:21.749+0000) > > Oh no, there absolutely are 'standards'. I just find it strange that you list such a wide array of facial structures, body shapes, and figures as ALL being a part of the 'standards'. > > Also I'm pretty sure the Western depiction of beauty requires HAVING A FACE, and having legs. So neither Nami, Cass, nor Liss would meet 'Western Depiction' of beauty in a conventional sense. Mmmmmmm all of them are skinny with very similar face shape, big eyes, small noses, high cheekbones, with the only real variants in facial structure being a person’s art style. Nami and Cass are busty ladies with the same features. I’m not saying it’s a huge pressing issue in the game, but it IS there and there is a clear discrepancy, which is what riot wanted to get feedback on. They ASKED for opinions and we gave them.
: I'm not going to claim the numbers are 100% equal, but your list is extremely biased based off of your own perception of 'conventionally attractive' which I do not consider accurate. As to the 'monster' comment, yes. They have neglected making their monsters female, or when making monsters female have given them a 'standard' female look as well(ex. Shyvana). That is something they admitted when they made Rek'sai. But I also don't see why it matters what gender a monstrous champ is. Monstrous champs don't show their gender in any visible way, typically, so why is it relevant? Would it be better if they retconned Kha'Zix, Kog'Maw, and say, Zac... and made them female? Would that make League a better game? There's also the fact that, in general, in many historical human legends, the 'monsters/demons/evil' are often male, and the ones that aren't have some association with beauty. This lends itself to making it much easier to design a male monster that isn't beautiful because there is more to draw inspiration from. I can't really name many female monsters that aren't seen as beautiful or associated with beauty in some capacity(harpy, siren, mermaid, succubus, medusa, etc.).
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=003400030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T16:37:56.734+0000) > > I'm not going to claim the numbers are 100% equal, but your list is extremely biased based off of your own perception of 'conventionally attractive' which I do not consider accurate. > > As to the 'monster' comment, yes. They have neglected making their monsters female, or when making monsters female have given them a 'standard' female look as well(ex. Shyvana). That is something they admitted when they made Rek'sai. But I also don't see why it matters what gender a monstrous champ is. Monstrous champs don't show their gender in any visible way, typically, so why is it relevant? Would it be better if they retconned Kha'Zix, Kog'Maw, and say, Zac... and made them female? Would that make League a better game? > > There's also the fact that, in general, in many historical human legends, the 'monsters/demons/evil' are often male, and the ones that aren't have some association with beauty. This lends itself to making it much easier to design a male monster that isn't beautiful because there is more to draw inspiration from. I can't really name many female monsters that aren't seen as beautiful or associated with beauty in some capacity(harpy, siren, mermaid, succubus, medusa, etc.). If you don't think there are Western beauty standards, I don't know what to tell ya. I put Illaoi on the unconventionally attractive list but I think she's one of the hottest champions in the game. Taliyah as well, who is gorgeous and I would die for her. But Western beauty standards are a thing, it's a pretty fascinating field to study actually because trends come and go throughout decades. I don't know what you mean by "better" but games with a wider variety of characters to play as are always more fun. Especially if there were more monsters with human-like traits, like Ivern. Most of the monster ladies right now are pretty girls with some extra bits stuck on like Cass or Elise. And on the flipside, some hot monster boys would be a welcome change. A male naga or something.
kargish (EUW)
: These are the LoL boards, you won't find people having discussions here. It's about whoever can scream the loudest, like the chimpanzees. Posts on the front page are the majority of the time a unified group that go together and spam upvote on their post, and then others will follow because it has a high upvote count. Discord servers do it, subreddits do it and other communities do it. It's nothing new and it'll never change. Unless you have an equally large group, you'll be drowned by the supports and your discussion will never see daylight. Like the time the Rengar subreddit wanted a revert, so they made a megathread on the boards and caught Riot Repertoir's attention, which ultimately lead to the rework they wanted.
> [{quoted}](name=kargish,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=004800020000000200010000,timestamp=2018-12-01T16:06:10.128+0000) > > These are the LoL boards, you won't find people having discussions here. It's about whoever can scream the loudest, like the chimpanzees. > > Posts on the front page are the majority of the time a unified group that go together and spam upvote on their post, and then others will follow because it has a high upvote count. > Discord servers do it, subreddits do it and other communities do it. It's nothing new and it'll never change. > Unless you have an equally large group, you'll be drowned by the supports and your discussion will never see daylight. > > Like the time the Rengar subreddit wanted a revert, so they made a megathread on the boards and caught Riot Repertoir's attention, which ultimately lead to the rework they wanted. Oh, I know why I'm getting downvoted and it's fine, nobody is obligated to agree with me obviously. I was just poking fun because someone on here said that I and other users on here were actually the same person mass-downvoting them, which is very silly
: First off, apologies - I was looking by name so missed the comment about the yordles. That's my bad. But again, I still consider your logic flawed as you considered anything with boobs to be 'conventionally attractive'. Basically: Your standards for defining a woman as conventionally attractive are "Has boobs" but your standards for a male are "is perfect in every possible way", so it makes perfect sense that there would be such a huge discrepency in your list. Hell you even counted BLITZCRANK as a male. It's a sentient robot. It has no actual gender, nor any defining characteristics that would give it one. We say 'he' about it because that's western standard pronoun(since we don't have an accepted gender-neutral pronoun for people)
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0034000300000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T16:17:36.295+0000) > > Again, I still consider your logic flawed as you considered anything with boobs to be 'conventionally attractive'. > > Basically: Your standards for defining a woman as conventionally attractive are "Has boobs" but your standards for a male are "is perfect in every possible way", so it makes perfect sense that there would be such a huge discrepency in your list. > > > > > Hell you even counted BLITZCRANK as a male. It's a sentient robot. It has no actual gender, nor any defining characteristics that would give it one. We say 'he' about it because that's western standard pronoun(since we don't have an accepted gender-neutral pronoun for people) Mmmno, conventionally attractive for women by Western standards is the skinny, button-nosed, big-eyed champions with very similar faces that are common to league. Jinx is conventionally attractive, and she is very flat-chested. Illaoi has boobs but she's not conventionally attractive, same with Kalista. Quinn and Xayah aren't especially busty but they're also conventionally attractive by Western standards. Taliyah is one of the few female champions with a noticeably different face. There's such a variety in male faces, Singed and Gangplank and Gragas and Yasuo... There is a male list of grey-area champs who are conventionally attractive! I just didn't list them because the post was long enough as it is, but I didn't count those against the list. Even if I give you all the leeway you listed, would you really deny that there are the same amount of "ugly" male champs that there are "ugly" female champs? The ONLY monsters in the game who are female are Rek'sai and Anivia.
: Braum is very sad to have been left out of your post entirely. He thinks he's handsome. :( I don't necessarily know that I'd consider Pantheon to be NOT sexualized. He's basically a Spartan, showing his sculpted chest to the world. Additionally, you left Tristana AND Poppy off, there're two more females who are not sexualized. I would also argue that Wukong is sexualized as much as Nami is, given that they're both of non-human races and their sexualization requires to to either be attracted to the animal component or be willing to ignore it. I think you're being unrealistic here though. Most of those grey area female champs are pretty but nowhere NEAR sexualized. And several of the male champs you listed are handsome or cute in their own way, but not sexualized. You also left off Graves, Jarvan, and Xin Zhao entirely, as well(who were all very clearly designed to represent common 'handsome' archetypes to some degree or another) Finally, i think your definition of sexualized is way too lenient. Not everything that has boobs is sexualized. Lissandra, Nami, Kai'Sa, and Shyvana are NOT sexualized(in their base skins). They just have female bodies. Which means they have boobs. You could argue Riot needs to design more modestly-endowed women, and I'd agree. But saying 'she has boobs, so it's sexualized' is just a little extreme.
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=00340003,timestamp=2018-12-01T15:53:15.784+0000) > > Braum is very sad to have been left out of your post entirely. He thinks he's handsome. :( > > I don't necessarily know that I'd consider Pantheon to be NOT sexualized. He's basically a Spartan, showing his sculpted chest to the world. Additionally, you left Tristana AND Poppy off, there're two more females who are not sexualized. I would also argue that Wukong is sexualized as much as Nami is, given that they're both of non-human races and their sexualization requires to to either be attracted to the animal component or be willing to ignore it. > > I think you're being unrealistic here though. Most of those grey area female champs are pretty but nowhere NEAR sexualized. And several of the male champs you listed are handsome or cute in their own way, but not sexualized. You also left off Graves, Jarvan, and Xin Zhao entirely, as well(who were all very clearly designed to represent common 'handsome' archetypes to some degree or another) > > Finally, i think your definition of sexualized is way too lenient. Not everything that has boobs is sexualized. Lissandra, Nami, Kai'Sa, and Shyvana are NOT sexualized(in their base skins). They just have female bodies. Which means they have boobs. You could argue Riot needs to design more modestly-endowed women, and I'd agree. But saying 'she has boobs, so it's sexualized' is just a little extreme. I put "all three female yordles" on the list, and I counted them. I also clearly put many champions with boobs on the grey-area list, which is conventionally attractive but not necessarily sexualized. Even Kalista, with her plunging neckline, didn't make it because of how she's portrayed. Wukong doesn't even have a humanized face like Nami does, so I definitely don't consider him sexualized at all. Graves, Jarvan, Xin, as well as champs like Ekko, are conventionally attractive but not sexualized, which also puts them in the grey area. But more to the point, I didn't compare numbers between the sexualized female and male champs, because I fully realize there are some arguments to be had about the more ambiguous champs. I compared the numbers to the _non-conventionally-attractive_. Champs that wouldn't be considered classically attractive like Kalista, Illaoi, and Rek'sai. Even if I removed Wukong the numbers would still have a HUGE gap.
: 💬 C&C Discord -- [Information & Verification]
: When are we getting a summary of ourselves like last year
I was assuming it'd roll around towards the end of this year or the beginning of the next.
: Sexualization of a video game character, if not widely misplaced, is almost never a bad thing.
I really don't see how it's unreasonable SJW nonsense to say hey, we have a wonderful variety of species, body types, and ages in male champs, why isn't that stuff reflected in the lady champs? I want more cool lady monsters, Rek'Sai is all we have right now.
Faliandra (EUW)
: also some thoughts on your thoughts, from a girl: I disagree with you. Unlike you, I dont feel uncomfortable playing sexy champs. In fact, its the opposite, I enjoy them. You obviously have never seen a stripper in your life before, because they definitely dont look like that. As a female, I like playing female champs that are sexy. If you feel offended by a champ's pair of boobs,you might wanna get yourself checked because thats concerning. None of the champs youve mentioned are nearly as bad as you say they are. The only one thing that has slightly bothered me before is MF's insane hip/booty movements when shes walking. Seemed a little excessive. But you know, I still enjoy playing her, its just part of who she is. Please cut the SJW crap and please stop making it look like every female wants covered up champs. Thanks. You're now free to downvote me to oblivion.
> [{quoted}](name=Faliandra,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=005a,timestamp=2018-12-01T14:10:21.624+0000) > > also some thoughts on your thoughts, from a girl: > > > I disagree with you. Unlike you, I dont feel uncomfortable playing sexy champs. In fact, its the opposite, I enjoy them. > You obviously have never seen a stripper in your life before, because they definitely dont look like that. > > As a female, I like playing female champs that are sexy. If you feel offended by a champ's pair of boobs,you might wanna get yourself checked because thats concerning. > > None of the champs youve mentioned are nearly as bad as you say they are. The only one thing that has slightly bothered me before is MF's insane hip/booty movements when shes walking. Seemed a little excessive. But you know, I still enjoy playing her, its just part of who she is. > > Please cut the SJW crap and please stop making it look like every female wants covered up champs. Thanks. > > You're now free to downvote me to oblivion. Not a single person here has said they're offended by boobs. Saying Caitlyn's outfit is silly isn't being offended, it's giving the feedback that riot specifically asked for. You can give your own feedback without calling strangers SJWs as a kneejerk dismissal.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=0048000200000002,timestamp=2018-12-01T10:20:53.770+0000) > > I don't know this person and I have too much free time. > > "cHeCkMaTe AtHeIsTs wE gOtTeM" you can do better than that. "These people agree, it MUST be one person making four different accounts and leveling them up 50+ times to downvote me!" We're getting downvoted too, does that mean kat is ALSO running three different accounts? {{sticker:sg-zephyr}}
Show more

Jhins Girlfriend

Level 162 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion