Leetri (EUW)
: The death recap is so ingrained in the base code it's basically impossible to fix it without potentially destroying the rest of the game. Everything is built on top of it so the tech debt is huge. Remember that this game was built by modders over 10 years ago, the spaghetti code meme exists for a reason. For all we know, even if they somehow manage to surgically remove the death recap that could cause Azir spawning infinite towers everywhere again because of some weird dependencies.
I agree that they need to handle this very delicately, but isn't this the reason that they have an internal testing environment and PBE? If it is as you said, and riot says it's "literally impossible" because of the spaghetti code and X,Y, and Z, I'd personally be fine with them announcing it somewhere and directing us to that announcement when the issue is brought up. Communication is key to me, and is what builds trust between company and consumers.
: > [{quoted}](name=JonneeG,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=ynnVokPk,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-04T07:46:36.578+0000) > > If you could provide the like to the game, or the amount of exp you got, the game length, and game type, or screenshots. > > This would be a lot easier to help you make sense of with any of these. when you win a game it has 2 slots, the win slot, and the base slot. The win slot is missing on my win games.
Pictures? numbers? Anything would help.
Rylalei (EUNE)
: Meh, I think the ideas I put in my thread a while ago would be better: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/hw3Zzqjz-hextech-chests-impact-on-player-experience-and-honor-level If you want only the TL:DR - 1. Make all chests available from the get go, no cooldown or 2. Remove the 1 per champ cap but also the "ally getting as S gives chest" or 3. Lower the requirement from S+, S, S- to A+, A. No A- Why for each? 1. Some players (like me) don't play 20 games per day, but just a 2-3, sometimes just 1, so when farming chests, it can take a while depending on luck, so instead of having chest farming last all the season, everyone can chose when they want to farm them (this also lowers the impact chest farming has on honor level). 2. Chests are ment to be a reward, but at the moment, it rewards only people who like playing a majority of champs while punishing players who like to play just a few. By removing the limit and ally help, both type of players are rewarded. The OTP's are rewarded because they improve on their champ and get better grades, while the ones who want to play everything...well, nothing changes for them, so... 3. Lower the requirement. You said it's easy to "get an S" because you play ARAM with friends, but for the people who don't want to abuse the tag buddy system, it's not that easy. By lowering the requirement you allow players room for some mistakes or if they get punished because someone is playing their 5 mil mastery in normal blind pick against them and that will lower frustration. Yes, they still need to perform halfwhat decent to get an A+/A but it isn't as punishing as for an S or above.
> [{quoted}](name=Rylalei,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=R4t4Z9H4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-04T08:26:11.051+0000) > > Meh, I think the ideas I put in my thread a while ago would be better: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/hw3Zzqjz-hextech-chests-impact-on-player-experience-and-honor-level > > If you want only the TL:DR - > 1. Make all chests available from the get go, no cooldown > or > 2. Remove the 1 per champ cap but also the "ally getting as S gives chest" > or > 3. Lower the requirement from S+, S, S- to A+, A. No A- I'm not sure why you feel it is relevant to bring your thread into mine, but I'll address it anyways If I understand your proposed system correctly, you'd like every game, that someone earns an A or better to award a chest. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that the chest system is designed explicitly to incentivize people to play a larger variety of champions. The system you described does the opposite. Why would the general person bother trying to get good on new champ, when they can get a lot of chests with their main account? Additionally, I could imagine that the system you proposed would create more toxicity. With a chest on the line every game, people will be more willing to flame others for misplays, kill securing, their own screw ups, etc. Riot is a business, and a business can't give away all the stuff for free. I'm not even that good, but as a fellow OTP, I'd probably have hundreds of chests this season if this system was in place. Edit: If keys are still going to drop at the current rate, wouldn't that be a similar limiting factor as the weekly chest limit?
: Won match only got base exp
If you could provide the like to the game, or the amount of exp you got, the game length, and game type, or screenshots. This would be a lot easier to help you make sense of with any of these.
Rioter Comments
puttis122 (EUNE)
: Just something that really pisses me off about this game
I'm not sure of each individual game, so take anything I say with a grain of salt. 1.) dying obviously it's basically impossible to not die during a game, especially as an engage support, however, It seems like you have around 5-7 deaths most games (even in shorter ones that you win). This suggests that maybe you can work on positioning or deciding when to engage. maybe work on lane phase survival skills? 2.) Warding looking at your overall warding score in longer games, it's a little low, but respectable. In shorter games (20 mins or less) it's like 1-3 wards. This suggests to me that you ward well in the late game, but not well in the early game. "generally out of 200 games, you'll be basically guaranteed to lose 60, and guaranteed to win 60; it's what you do in the other 80 that makes the difference." if you want to get to plat, keep working on improving yourself, don't get hung up on teammates that are awful.
: Nasus in-lore list of abilities and spells
As a nasus main, I love this list. also would I be the only one who'd like to see the spirit fire replaced by the pillars of lava bursting from the ground? even if it only changed the visuals?
Ulanopo (NA)
: We had a fair bit of discussion about this before it was added to the censored word list and it's an interesting story - at least from my perspective - how we came to that decision. A member of the team said, basically, "I think that word gets used too casually on the Boards. It's always an insult and I always feel bad when I see it, but we let it slide. I'd like to revisit it." The immediate response was the old standby argument of how it's synonymous with slowing, hindering or delaying. Resistant to fire was also mentioned. There was some back-and-forth about innocuous uses that occur organically on the Boards (hint: they're really rare). That's when someone pointed out that the people arguing for keeping it had completely disregarded the "I always feel bad" part of the opening statement. That's when people had the light bulb moment of giving the consideration of peoples' feelings equal time. We talked about how there are plenty of easy replacements with much less pejorative context. We talked about how there are lots of words that people don't realize are offensive, mostly because they don't belong to the affected culture or they're just not popular any more. _(If you want an example of this latter idea in action, watch people seeing Django Unchained for the first time. You might be surprised at their reaction to the racial slurs, but that's really just a measure of how much things can and do change.)_ People missed it, but a couple other slurs or insults were also added to the list. People just haven't noticed because they're no longer in common usage. After a great deal of heated debate, we came to the consensus that it was okay to add that term to the filter and, if it ever became a problem, we would revisit it. I don't think that's likely, but I could be wrong. As for masking the word making it more difficult to know what was said, I don't see that as a huge concern. I think people will get it most of the time from the context and there's a benefit to getting people in the habit of just using the synonyms.
Thanks for the explanation. Question: why is the word r_etard worse than the words idiot. or imbecile, moron, nitwit, "Retart", kook, dumb, or knave? They all are mainly used as insults, and could make someone "feel bad". Retart is an intentional misspelling of the word in question, and isn't picked up by the system, does this mean the ban on the word is moot.
: > [{quoted}](name=Talk no Jutsu99,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wRjQAuHF,comment-id=0021,timestamp=2018-12-18T21:40:36.092+0000) > > {{champion:67}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:157}} all dc when they go 0/1/0 Weren't we talking about nerfs?
> [{quoted}](name=ZygfrydGamomg,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wRjQAuHF,comment-id=00210001,timestamp=2018-12-19T06:37:55.692+0000) > > Weren't we talking about nerfs? It's so they can't hit their 0/10/0 power spikes
: Nerf a champion and give a terrible reason to go along with it.
{{champion:75}} Because his ult isn't overloaded already/s "With big dogs, comes big inertia. and that means that the doggo's cane will hit harder, and be more resiliant while in his ultimate, however to balance this, he has to make some tradeoffs with his mobility. We also want to reward him for tactical Prowess and well planned ults" {{champion:75}} R: (inertia) fury of the sands now INCREASES the cooldown of Siphoning strike by 50% while active. Siphoning strike's damage is also increased by 1-18 for the duration (based on level) R: (Momentum) fury of the sands grants an extra 10/15/20% tenacity for its duration. Nasus' movement speed is reduced by 50% for the duration of his ult R:(tactics) Fury of the sands is now a channel that takes 5/4/3 seconds to activate W: no longer affects old champions (lorewise){{champion:26}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:32}} W: can be cleansed by {{champion:245}}'s R becasue he literally turns back time
: Nexus Tokens
There should be at least 12 days of events. (paralleling the song 12 days of christmas song)
: A little suggestion to consider to counter all these damage increases
Take my upvote. +1 inb4: Rito: BuT taNKs wILl aBuSe iT!!1!
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: The 5 TPs thing was nonsense I'll grant. Play all 5 sona or ziggs... is this about the "play as 5 of the same champion"? Cause that can be any of them. Use less augments for achievements as a team requires the whole 'team' to opt in, which has separate problems but certainly isn't something implemented without warning in champ select. AD items on malphite actually isn't 'that' horrible. Sure, it won't get you through 2 augment onslaught, but Autoattack Malphite is still decent, especially once you get the Transmute augment. (Plus, that Bork+guin mission can be completed on any difficulty, including the easiest one)
Sorry about the late reply, life got hectic. Quote from Rito dev blog on misions > This is a delicate area. It’s important to us that missions don’t negatively impact your games. This means missions can’t encourage players to play to lose or to play in sub-optimal ways. However, we’re making an exception for situations where all five players are signed up for the same challenge. ... Bad mission: Win a game with 300 AD as Lux. ... Our goal with Missions is to deepen all sorts of aspects of the game you already enjoy. > https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/05/dev-on-missions/ After the "win with all 5 yas in onslaught" there comes the "win with all 5 ziggs or sona in onslaught" happens after the play all one champ mission. I'm pretty sure playing all ziggs/sona is sub optimal how are the problems with the augment missions "separate"? and what warning do you get in champ select? I don't get what you're trying to say. There are lots of people in onslaught with conflicting missions, and some people who don't care about doing ANY of the missions. which makes the people that care super hard rage/quit. In short, all 5 players are not signed up for the same challenge without premades. I agree that the AD malph isn't the worst one, but is this not literally the picture example of a bad mission (AD Lux)? Are these missions truly deepening the aspects we enjoy? or encouraging toxicity in a community famous for flaming?
xCasino (NA)
: Onslaught - Missions Killed the Game Mode
I remember when Riot said the would make missions so that they wouldn't promote bad tactics. (eg, "build full crit on lux" would be a bad quest). For a while I kinda believed it. Most of the quests are things that should be done anyways (take towers, deal damage, get kills). and while some people insisted on getting EVERY tower or dragon, it was mostly fine, because they were still somewhat legitimate strategies. but... We had "take 5 tp's and win on Summoner's rift" And then "play all 5 sona or ziggs" And then "use only 2 augments and win on the hardest difficulty" And "take AD items on Malphite… Because reasons" These quests not only rely on you handicapping yourself, but also handicapping your teammates. Side note: your teammates are most likely male and part of the "toxic male community". So don't these missions give them an opportunity to be more toxic? /s If the event had a SOLO option (no matchmaking at all), I could see an argument for challenging yourself. It doesn't so moot point Did I miss anything? Because Riot is making very little sense to me
Terozu (NA)
: One, its memes and games. Two, Iceborn Nasus has a 47% winrate. Trinity has a 55% winrate. So you're just wrong.
A bit of a note, as a Nasus player. You build iceborne when you're losing/even You build trinity when ahead, so yes trinity would have a higher winrate
R0XTAR (NA)
: So yeah, Honor my opponent plz?
Don't worry, they'll fix it with the balance changes, it's still preseason /s
: > Be prepared for nerfs if your main champion gets picked at LCS and said champion does not fit into the balance team's misguided image of the ideal meta. *cries in Ryze main*
Lechtrill (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=JonneeG,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3jwud5P,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-22T19:14:57.127+0000) > > You didn't address this point, so let me restate it and flesh it out a bit. > > If the button is greyed out, it's most likely that your internet pr your connection to the server is lagging. > Therefore Riot doesn't owe you an apology. > Therefore the premise of this particular thread is flawed. > > _If Riot doesn't give an apology, then , they don't care about players _ (reworded to be nicer) > > If you'd have lagged out in the middle of a real game, you'd lose the LP and MMR, and be more tilted, especially if you were winning. That's why the champ select dodge thing exists. > > Can the champ select dodge thing be improved? Probably, though I'm not sure how to do it without it being abused > Does it suck to lose LP for this reason? hell yes. > Are there lots of cases where Riot should apologize, or at least justify their logic, and haven't? Yes. > Is this one of those cases? so far, I don't think so. Its not the lag, its because the client is so god damn heavy (the client is heavier than the game itself) and makes my computer overheat, dropping the game to 1fp30s and or causes a bunch of glitches. I diddnt have a problem until recently (The runes update really took it over the edge) but Riot is just making the game unplayable for the minority. They just look at statistics and leave individual relationships out of the business and I just think thats sad. They don't care about us, dude.
> [{quoted}](name=Lechtrill,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3jwud5P,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-07T21:12:13.831+0000) > > Its not the lag, its because the client is so god damn heavy (the client is heavier than the game itself) and makes my computer overheat, dropping the game to 1fp30s and or causes a bunch of glitches. I diddnt have a problem until recently (The runes update really took it over the edge) but Riot is just making the game unplayable for the minority. They just look at statistics and leave individual relationships out of the business and I just think thats sad. They don't care about us, dude. In my view, if you had just said that they made the client a lot harder on older computers in favor of XYZ, you'd have more credibility, at the outset of the thread, you mention none of this. Currently you are saying 1 Riot let a bug in League that made me lose LP. 2 The bug was that the client is hard on my computer. 3 therefore RIot should compensate me. It seems like a much stronger argument to say 1 Riot is making a flashy client and forgetting that people play with toasters. 2 One of their design philosophies used to be "League should run on any device" (citation needed)." 3 Therefore they've moved away from their design philosophy of accessibility Can you elaborate on them looking at statistics and leaving out individual relationships? I don't know what you're trying to bring up with that point.
Aneirin (OCE)
: > My question is "should there be a tab on your report that tries to filter you log down to only the toxic parts? Possibly; I could imagine them being worried about players using this to try and determine what does and doesn't get picked up on and find ways to be toxic while not triggering the system though. Also you can be constantly negative and tilting for your team while not necessarily saying something that in isolation is toxic in itself. > Yes I agree that chat should be constructive. but sometimes it isn't. I don't believe I brought player skill into the conversation No, that was more of a general comment towards toxic people in general than something aimed at you.
I'd like to think that the people that would take the time to game the system this way are also the people that would game the system by using smurfs to test out what toxicity level is reportable. Apparantly being "passive aggressive" in chat is reportable. If that's not a low enough barto set negativity at, then I don't know what is > No, that was more of a general comment towards toxic people in general than something aimed at you. Sorry about that, I just wanted to make sure that I was responding to all of the points directed at me. It's amazing how people in real life will throw something irrelevant and think that they've made a huge irrefutable point.
: Ah, ok then. That is correct--it would take more effort to alter an image than just a line of text. Yeah, details and context go a long way in helping you understand. I'm sure you know this by now since I keep repeating it, but you can submit a Support ticket for all the details you want.
Glad we could help each other understand. Just to clarify 100%, when you email support, you can get your game's logs that include everyone's messages for free? because that seems like something that should just be built into the system if that is the case.
Aneirin (OCE)
: > Lots of people post their logs, and everyone points to the 1 or 2 out of a text wall of messages that are toxic. the person recieving the punishment might not even realize that those 1 or 2 specific lines were the whole reason they got punished. Because this is the wrong way to look at it. If we're hanging out and I spend the entire time being negative, complaining, pointing out your faults, threatening to leave etc, you're not going to want to hang out with me anymore. I shouldn't then turn around and ask what word I said that put you off, when it's my whole attitude that's the problem. Chat should be constructive. It's a video game - no-one plays a game because they want to spend 30 minutes being harassed. And no-one is going to want to cooperate with the person doing the harassing, no matter how much better they might be at the game.
every line that has something reportable should be included. I am not arguing this. > If we're hanging out and I spend the **entire time ** being negative, complaining, pointing out your faults, threatening to leave etc, you're not going to want to hang out with me anymore. I shouldn't then turn around and ask what word I said that put you off, when it's my whole attitude that's the problem. > assuming that hanging out is akin to the entire game, then include the entire game in the report log if they are being reportable the entire time. seems pretty simple. If we were joking around and all having a good time and halfway through Joey gets really mad at Tim and starts cussing and being awful and all that. I think we should confront Joey, and tell him, "hey, this part where you went yelling at Tim was not okay." I don't think we should say, "Hey that entire night you were a bad friend." because up until that point, maybe he wasn't a bad friend." My question is "should there be a tab on your report that tries to filter you log down to only the toxic parts? Yes I agree that chat should be constructive. but sometimes it isn't. I don't believe I brought player skill into the conversation
: Only somewhat, because it's actually fairly easy to alter images with something like MS Paint lol
I'd argue that it's at minimum a bit harder than deleting a line. Someone inexperienced could screw up the font/line spacing/colors, especially if Riot designs it in a way that makes it harder* to replicate *not impossible
: I disagree that toxicity doesn't involve context, but again you can easily just fill out a Support ticket and they'll tell you what you did wrong and maybe provide the game's full chat log. You're not just left with the in-game punishment card lol we have access to Riot Support for reasons just like the one you're talking about.
I'm agreeing with Riot's 0 tolerance policy (or whatever it's called) for the sake of having a discussion on how we can change the current system. Whether it's a good policy or not is another discussion altogether. I'm arguing that there are reasons to give you all the context, and there are reasons to highlight specific details. Giving context can help you know what sets you off, not justify your actions Giving the details helps you know where the 0 tolerance line is, and gives you the knowledge of how to not cross it
: Oh, you can just fill out a Support ticket and they'll send you the full logs I think.
I believe the person who commented is more worried abouta different issue. If the original chatlog from Riot reads like > JonneeG: a > JonneeG: b > JonneeG: c I could post > JonneeG: a > JonneeG: c and no one on the boards would know about b. having the logs as imges would be an attempt to make the logs more credible
: Usually they send you the log and expect you to know, but if you dont understand they tell you to open a support ticket and have a rioter review it. But its also why this board section was invented. You can post what the chatlog was here and other community members point out what isnt ok.
It's not a matter of not understanding that you were toxic, it's a matter of personally preparing yourself for next time things get heated. If someone calling you a feeder is what sets you off on a flame rage, then it would be nice to know that so you can try to keep your cool next time someone calls you it.
: > [{quoted}](name=JonneeG,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ZgKVKLKr,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-02T01:06:34.827+0000) > > If context doesn't matter, why does Riot give you your entire chatlog? Because they expect you to know why you're being punished even though in a real-world situation you wouldn't be punished for it.
We can agree that toxicity doesn't involve context. it's fine to ignore context when determining if a chatlog is toxic. On that line you quoted, my premise is this "If Riot only gives you the toxic messages, then it will be easy to pinpoint exactly what is toxic" Lots of people post their logs, and everyone points to the 1 or 2 out of a text wall of messages that are toxic. the person recieving the punishment might not even realize that those 1 or 2 specific lines were the whole reason they got punished.
: > [{quoted}](name=JonneeG,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ZgKVKLKr,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-08-02T01:22:00.951+0000) > > would you be more inclined to believe them? Doesn't matter; Riot doesn't care. I've been told on many occassion when I talk to support that they understand what made me say what I say and they're sorry I had to experience it, BUT it doesn't matter because I responded. It sucks but it is what it is. Riot does not care about the victims of their system, only painting everyone as criminals.
The person was saying that they don't trust people on the boards because they might omit/edit parts of their chatlog. I proposed that instead of text, which is super easy to edit, to have the option of pictures of the text, so that it might be more credible. The premise is that it is a harder to edit a picture than text, therefore it would be a bit more credible on the boards. This would be especially applicable to the current system with less lines of chat and should change absolutely nothing besides credibility.
: Its more to tell you that your own behaviour isnt the most acceptable, and no matter how heated others try to get you its your job to keep a level head. Hence why they send you only youre own to explain what your saying that isnt acceptable.
Then how do we know what sets us off, why did we get so heated? If we can't really remember what struck a nerve in us, how are we supposed to not get caught up in the moment again?
: Except for with chat logs, it is based on your speech. Nothing else matters. Plus it is fairly easy to come up with the names of players in a game, which could lead to the whole name and shame thing.... and personally i dont even trust if people dont alter their own chat logs when they copy and paste it into a forum post. Id be even LESS likely to believe someone about someone elses chat. The thing is, two wrongs do not make a right. It doesnt matter what anyone else does, in the end your chat is on YOU and you alone. Nobody can force you to flame which is exactly what this idea is trying to promote.... that "this is the reason why i did it".
People sometimes get caught up in the moment, and the context. oneself knowing the context, and what pushes them over the edge is part of dealing with it. If someone calling you a feeder is the point when your messages get really toxic, it might be easier to know that the next time it occurs, and make it easier to know that you have to mute yourself If chats were given to you alternately as screenshots (harder to edit without people noticing), would you be more inclined to believe them?
: The point of it is that context doesn't matter. You are judged for your actions alone in the situation. It doesn't matter who started it or who was worse.
A couple quick questions about that. If context doesn't matter, then additional context shouldn't matter, right? There could even be a filter to allow you to only see your messages like it has currently. If context doesn't matter, why does Riot give you your entire chatlog? If they gave you only the toxic messages that you typed that they found toxic, that should help you pinpoint what you need to change as a player.
Rioter Comments
: Wow, Akali's New Kit Design Is Awful
I haven't played with or against her yet, so i can't comment on the rest of the post {{champion:64}} maybe the smoke makes a lot of movement/noise to throw him off? that's the only non-summoner reason i could think of.
: Does anyone know where to post your Rework ideas?
likely either 'Concepts and Creations' or maybe Gameplay? Give it a shot, nothing to lose from it
: What Would Happen if Riot Just Removed Support From the Game? 4v4
Either the funnel strats would increase, or cc heavy support junglers might become a thing
BearWise (EUW)
: AFK players in ranked
I'd personally disagree with anything different for dodging champ select, it's the only time you can dodge from people that you know 100% will be toxic. I'd agree with a TEMPORARY ban from ranked matches after hitting the loading screen. In addition to what the system already does (longer queue times), Maybe instead of an additional time based ban (multiple account workaround), make a game based 'ban'. For example, if someone afk's enough often enough in ranked, they'd get a message saying that because they've been afk'ing their ranked games, they're temporarily locked out from ranked and they have the 10 minute queues. Then a quest would appear with something along the lines of this: "play X games on summoner rift. Reward: unlock ranked" I'd set X at 5 or so personally, but that's just a random number. This way, if something that you can't control comes up (power outage), it's only slightly more 'punishing' than a normal afk game.
Yamasoji (EUNE)
: Stupid nicknames
Just my personal list, mostly toplane champs. {{champion:75}} susan {{champion:53}} hooker {{champion:266}} Riven 0.5 (used to be A. A. trox) {{champion:31}} chode(gath) {{champion:86}} Spin to win {{champion:36}} Dr. Dank {{champion:122}} Mr. Menstrual (because of bleed stacks) {{champion:60}} Spidergirl {{champion:420}} Best girl (Ironically) {{champion:11}} counterplay, Yeet {{champion:157}} Yassssss, whirlwind to win, 100% balanced {{champion:58}} Croc head {{champion:59}} J4, {{champion:79}} FatMan (Read like Batman) {{champion:78}} Poopy (Yes, I know I'm mentally 7) {{champion:24}} Jokes (because lane is usually so easy it's a joke) Surprised no one said anything about the really legal {{champion:1}}.
: What I think is the most unhealthy set of champs in the game.
Can't speak for the other champs, but being nasus against an organized team is awful. In teamfights, you just get chain cc'd for days. Sure, wither + E helps your carry do damage, but compared to teamfighting champs, his damage and cc is basically meaningless. (eg, Malph, Irelia) In a splitpush without teleport up, you're straight up letting your team 4v5. Even with teleport up, there's no guarantee that your team will be alive by the time you can get there (with teamfights lasting a few seconds). A decent number of champs are able to kite you from beyond your wither range, but those are the exceptions. These guys all have auto attacks that are above your wither range. {{champion:96}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:51}} If you're saying Nasus should ALSO be weak in a 1v1 or 1v2 when he's not being kited, then what is he actually good at? There's an argumennt that he's unhealthy becasue of his stat check nature in 1vX scenarios, but that doesn't seem to be the op's point.
: Describe a champion within 1 to 5 words and a reference
Reidd (NA)
: An Argument for Showing Total Gold Score
Hell, since the changes to the lane minion gold, I'd even be for individual gold totals. (with a mouse-over option to see CS)
Cloud273 (NA)
: Why does Galio have to ult on top of an ally, instead of anywhere on the map?
you want a strictly better {{champion:80}} ult that knocks up?
: Can the Galio BS interaction with any CC be fixed ?
Perhaps the idea is that he's a giant stone statue with a lot of inertia, and that he'll still have momentum going forwards? I'd buy that if they added something like 'pseudo-unstoppable' to it but yeah, they should either make it more obvious, or remove it
Lechtrill (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=JonneeG,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3jwud5P,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-22T14:43:29.993+0000) > > I'd like to point out that the the highest minimum wages I could find in developed countries are around $15 (USD) in Australia, most other countries are near the $10 mark or lower. Perhaps you meant median wage? > > But more on topic, usually the greyed out lock in button means that you are lagging. I don't see where Riot intentionally screwed you over. It sucks, and you had my sympathy for about 5 lines. > > I agree that Riot, especially whoever does support, needs some serious improvement (perhaps a CertainT rework?), I also agree that their PR has not been good in informing players about a lot of basic things. But I disagree that providing each person an apology is one of their problems. I also think that calling them names and ranting is not a productive means to go about it. > > Please don't try to speak for the community by saying sweeping generalizations that you aren't going to back up. eg. > "everyone hates Riot" > "almost every regular user plays LoL over other MOBAs because of the community" > > What is your solution again? I must have legitimately missed it between the Hitler references. > > Personally, my solution would be to call RIot to be more transparent and communicate more with their community. I lied, I spent a lot of my time growing in Australia where youd make 18$ working at a 7eleven. Now I'm in Europe where the taxes can get stupid so I assumed min wage would be just as high to account for that but I was wrong. I guess you just get good healthcare instead. But honestly 20$ is pretty fucking average. Don't let your employer underpay you. Ill admit I haven't gone and surveyed all the players, but let me phrase it this way - People who achieve their self realisation through LoL are able to do so only because there is a community to which they can belong to and because there are players who will respect them for their achievements. This is maslow's higharchy which I'm sure you know of, but this is the real trap that online multiplayer games pose and is the reason why people will invest thousands or potentially tens of thousands of hours into one video game. You don't get that without community. As for what the definition of a regular player is, who fucking knows dude. "Almost everyone is dissatisfied with riot." Is that better?
> [{quoted}](name=Lechtrill,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3jwud5P,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-22T15:08:44.113+0000) > > I lied, I spent a lot of my time growing in Australia where youd make 18$ working at a 7eleven. Now I'm in Europe where the taxes can get stupid so I assumed min wage would be just as high to account for that but I was wrong. I guess you just get good healthcare instead. But honestly 20$ is pretty fucking average. Don't let your employer underpay you. > > Ill admit I haven't gone and surveyed all the players, but let me phrase it this way - People who achieve their self realisation through LoL are able to do so only because there is a community to which they can belong to and because there are players who will respect them for their achievements. This is maslow's higharchy which I'm sure you know of, but this is the real trap that online multiplayer games pose and is the reason why people will invest thousands or potentially tens of thousands of hours into one video game. You don't get that without community. As for what the definition of a regular player is, who fucking knows dude. > > "Almost everyone is dissatisfied with riot." Is that better? You didn't address this point, so let me restate it and flesh it out a bit. If the button is greyed out, it's most likely that your internet pr your connection to the server is lagging. Therefore Riot doesn't owe you an apology. Therefore the premise of this particular thread is flawed. _If Riot doesn't give an apology, then , they don't care about players _ (reworded to be nicer) If you'd have lagged out in the middle of a real game, you'd lose the LP and MMR, and be more tilted, especially if you were winning. That's why the champ select dodge thing exists. Can the champ select dodge thing be improved? Probably, though I'm not sure how to do it without it being abused Does it suck to lose LP for this reason? hell yes. Are there lots of cases where Riot should apologize, or at least justify their logic, and haven't? Yes. Is this one of those cases? so far, I don't think so.
Lechtrill (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=AnAggravatedPimp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3jwud5P,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-22T14:00:49.253+0000) > > 1. What job do you hav that 10 hours equals 200 dollars? I make 8/hr. That's 80 buck. Give me your job, I've got rent due. > > 2. That thread will get you no where. It's mainly insults with no solutions and an inaccurate analogy that invokes Goldwin's law for sympathy. Because if Riot=Nazis and Nazis=Bad then Riot=Bad. It's a weak argument > > 3. Your MMR doesn't take a hit for queue dodging. You lose LP because if you didn't people would dodge every game until they found a good team along with a shitty enemy team. So you lose LP but not MMR, which is what really matters in the league system > > 4. Report the bug. It's bad and needs to be looked at so report it to support every day if necessary. That's how you get something fixed, not by moaning here but by bringing the issue directly to Riot. 20$ is barely over minimum wage in many countries, but that aside I think the important thing is to start a conversation because thats how we're going to find a solution. My solution begins with lets talk about this, and its less to do with the bug and more to do with the users relationship with LoL and riot. I personally have not have any good experiences talking to riot support - they dodge or downright refuse to answer questions or even have a conversation hence I'm writing here. I want to hear everyones honest opinion on how things are right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Lechtrill,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3jwud5P,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-07-22T14:10:59.596+0000) > > 20$ is barely over minimum wage in many countries, but that aside I think the important thing is to start a conversation because thats how we're going to find a solution. My solution begins with lets talk about this, and its less to do with the bug and more to do with the users relationship with LoL and riot. I personally have not have any good experiences talking to riot support - they dodge or downright refuse to answer questions or even have a conversation hence I'm writing here. I want to hear everyones honest opinion on how things are right now. I'd like to point out that the the highest minimum wages I could find in developed countries are around $15 (USD) in Australia, most other countries are near the $10 mark or lower. Perhaps you meant median wage? But more on topic, usually the greyed out lock in button means that you are lagging. I don't see where Riot intentionally screwed you over. It sucks, and you had my sympathy for about 5 lines. I agree that Riot, especially whoever does support, needs some serious improvement (perhaps a CertainT rework?), I also agree that their PR has not been good in informing players about a lot of basic things. But I disagree that providing each person an apology is one of their problems. I also think that calling them names and ranting is not a productive means to go about it. Please don't try to speak for the community by saying sweeping generalizations that you aren't going to back up. eg. "everyone hates Riot" "almost every regular user plays LoL over other MOBAs because of the community" What is your solution again? I must have legitimately missed it between the Hitler references. Personally, my solution would be to call RIot to be more transparent and communicate more with their community.
: You want to start games with less AD/AP?
> [{quoted}](name=Primaquarius,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7auEjnJi,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-15T18:35:59.965+0000) > > You want to start games with less AD/AP? I believe that's exactly what he's asking for. It's a step in trying to reduce powercreep in the game.
: Level 15 and under player recrutement for the missions
: Why does how many wards they have available matter?
> [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2BgFwoFE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-07-14T23:21:43.235+0000) > > Why does how many wards they have available matter? Because then you know if you can can ask your ally to ward, if their wards are not on cd, was especially useful for botlane in laning phase.
Kythers (NA)
: Nami is objectively the nicest, purest girl in League
Best girl is Sneaky from C9. wait a sec...
: > [{quoted}](name=Yifftopia,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vuvqoFPu,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-07-02T17:33:59.023+0000) > > "You were playing ARAM so everything you said about the items and champions that do the exact same thing in SR are irrelevant!" > > Shut the fuck up. i'm not saying its irrelevant because "Its aram, Aram doesn't matter" I'm saying its irrelevant because Aram is a constant fightfest, Chances are you're *Not* going to be in a 1v1 vs a champ unless all other 8 players are dead, And even then, there's a much lower chance that either champ will be full health. Ontop of that Aram doesn't hold the same momentous freedoms of SR or TT, And so a fiora melting a tank is going to be much more likely, As you cant just run into jungle and lose them in the thicket, Or run to the side. Once they're on you, They're on you, Where as in SR if they're on you, You can just flash over a wall and force them to use flash and even then, In the same situation in SR, You're nautilus, You throw your to a wall, then flash over that wall. Otherwords: Statistically speaking, ARAM tanks have a much higher chance of being melted because its ***Almost fucking never going to be a 1v1***
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vuvqoFPu,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-07-02T18:43:55.721+0000) > > i&#x27;m not saying its irrelevant because &quot;Its aram, Aram doesn&#x27;t matter&quot; > > I&#x27;m saying its irrelevant because Aram is a constant fightfest, Chances are you&#x27;re *Not* going to be in a 1v1 vs a champ unless all other 8 players are dead, And even then, there&#x27;s a much lower chance that either champ will be full health. > > Ontop of that Aram doesn&#x27;t hold the same momentous freedoms of SR or TT, And so a fiora melting a tank is going to be much more likely, As you cant just run into jungle and lose them in the thicket, Or run to the side. Once they&#x27;re on you, They&#x27;re on you, Where as in SR if they&#x27;re on you, You can just flash over a wall and force them to use flash and even then, In the same situation in SR, You&#x27;re nautilus, You throw your to a wall, then flash over that wall. > > Otherwords: Statistically speaking, ARAM tanks have a much higher chance of being melted because its ***Almost fucking never going to be a 1v1*** In ARAM, Items and champs are nearly* exactly the same as Summoners rift, therefore, in a 1v1 should the damage numbers be different hitting for 100 damage in ARAM with a build usually hits for 100 on the rift. If the response is to run away by burning flash, that's a... 300second cd (flash) vs < 10 second cd (dash). It seems like the fiora objectively wins there. maybe a stronger argument is that farming and fighting under turret is a more viable strategy than dueling in the open/jungle on summoners rift? But that only applies to early game when towers haven't fallen *quick charge items, no ward items, double nasus stacks if I remember right, might be other smaller things
Show more

JonneeG

Level 219 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion