: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3A1QEaPg,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T01:21:02.052+0000) > > Even a single permaban is Riot's way of telling a player to quit the game and never ever come back. You've gotten _multiple_ permabans, but you're still here. Your promise of quitting is music to Riot's ears, as they've been trying to get you to do that probably for years at this point. > > The common factor in all your punishments is you. It's no one else's fault that you lack the self control, foresight, or manners to maintain an account. I suggest you find a different hobby - one where your style of behavior is welcomed. P3 with honor level 5 clearly has toxic written all over it. I'll pray for you.
> [{quoted}](name=Radiant Wukong,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3A1QEaPg,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T01:25:26.261+0000) > > P3 with honor level 5 clearly has toxic written all over it. I'll pray for you. You just got a punishment, and you have a whole string of permabanned accounts. Use all the sarcasm you want, but it sounds like you are still toxic and haven't reformed.
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3A1QEaPg,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-21T00:49:16.583+0000) > > Didn't you have a whole bunch of permabanned accounts? Though I don't agree with them, I understand. But to get a 10 game chat restriction (not a big deal back in the day) in today's system for telling people to stop harassing me is just unacceptable. Maybe saying "get off my dick" & "stfu" aren't the best way, but to punish me for it. I lose my lane. Get taunted, emoted and sarcasmed by Darius (League version of teabagging) nonstop for 15 minutes before he kills me again (even danced under my turret once before he dunked me). On top of that, Darius starts roaming and picking up more kills. So now whole team flaming me. Now it's "report Wukong for inting" and etc while I'm trying my fucking hardest to survive. I built a fucking a frozen heart, titanic and ninja tabi just to try to survive and farm safely. Then for the next 30 minutes its "if the monkey didn't feed Darius we would have won". Could I have muted them, sure. Could I have ignored them, sure. Could I have chosen better wording, sure. Bottom line, I don't have the skill or fortitude to play this game with this community. One fucking occurrence to get a 10game chat. Lost my level 5 honor. Can't community with my team my ideas for 10 games because of assholes in my previous games. I'm just done. You guys don't have to see me in your game or on your boards anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=Radiant Wukong,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3A1QEaPg,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-21T01:16:12.181+0000) > > Though I don't agree with them, I understand. But to get a 10 game chat restriction (not a big deal back in the day) in today's system for telling people to stop harassing me is just unacceptable. Maybe saying "get off my dick" & "stfu" aren't the best way, but to punish me for it. > > I lose my lane. Get taunted, emoted and sarcasmed by Darius (League version of teabagging) nonstop for 15 minutes before he kills me again (even danced under my turret once before he dunked me). On top of that, Darius starts roaming and picking up more kills. So now whole team flaming me. > > Now it's "report Wukong for inting" and etc while I'm trying my fucking hardest to survive. I built a fucking a frozen heart, titanic and ninja tabi just to try to survive and farm safely. > > Then for the next 30 minutes its "if the monkey didn't feed Darius we would have won". > > Could I have muted them, sure. Could I have ignored them, sure. Could I have chosen better wording, sure. > > Bottom line, I don't have the skill or fortitude to play this game with this community. One fucking occurrence to get a 10game chat. Lost my level 5 honor. Can't community with my team my ideas for 10 games because of assholes in my previous games. > > I'm just done. You guys don't have to see me in your game or on your boards anymore. Even a single permaban is Riot's way of telling a player to quit the game and never ever come back. You've gotten _multiple_ permabans, but you're still here. Your promise of quitting is music to Riot's ears, as they've been trying to get you to do that probably for years at this point. The common factor in all your punishments is you. It's no one else's fault that you lack the self control, foresight, or manners to maintain an account. I suggest you find a different hobby - one where your style of behavior is welcomed.
: That's the last straw!
Didn't you have a whole bunch of permabanned accounts?
: Was curious to why people think this was ban able
You spent the entire match screaming at your team. Punishment 100% deserved.
: Here are a couple of better real-life analogies, since you like this kind of thing. Let's say you're in college, and every day everything is fine. One day, you don't like how someone is speaking to you in class, and you say, "Shut the fuck up ******!" (****** = a certain slur for a homosexual.) You bet your ass you're going to get bounced out of that college for hate speech with no second chances. Let's say you're at work, and your boss is really riding you for something trivial. You decide to respond with, "Leave me alone, ******!" (****** = a certain racial slur beginning with N). You bet your ass you're going to be fired with no second chances. I hope those did maybe a halfway decent job at showing you that zero-tolerance speech is serious whether it's in a video game or not. You just don't fucking talk to people that way, and you don't deserve shit for consideration if you do.
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=d8HfVxpW,comment-id=00000001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010006,timestamp=2019-09-20T19:52:32.281+0000) > > Okay. Here are two statements, you let me know if they're both true: > > 1. Chat penalties are based on frequency and severity. You can receive a chat penalty if you are frequently, mildly toxic, or if you're severely toxic in a few games, or some combination thereof. > > 2. After a 14-Day ban, ANY toxicity results in a permanent ban. The first is true. The second is sometimes true, and Riot is very careful with what they say about it, so as to avoid encouraging anyone to be toxic. It is sometimes possible to drop a punishment tier after a 14-day suspension, but not necessarily. Some offenses remain on a player's record permanently. Others don't. I occasionally see people ask how long they have to behave themselves after a 14-day to drop a punishment tier. Since that only matters if the player gets another punishment for toxicity, this indicates that they are eager to be toxic again and just want to avoid a permaban. The response to a 14-day suspension that Riot hopes for is that the player reform and stop being toxic ever again. This sounds like a tall order, but most players don't need even a single punishment to behave themselves, much less a severe one. TL;DR: Zero tolerance is so intolerant because Riot and most of the playerbase value fun matches for all over coddling a toxic troll.
: My attempt to draw Lux
: Here are a couple of better real-life analogies, since you like this kind of thing. Let's say you're in college, and every day everything is fine. One day, you don't like how someone is speaking to you in class, and you say, "Shut the fuck up ******!" (****** = a certain slur for a homosexual.) You bet your ass you're going to get bounced out of that college for hate speech with no second chances. Let's say you're at work, and your boss is really riding you for something trivial. You decide to respond with, "Leave me alone, ******!" (****** = a certain racial slur beginning with N). You bet your ass you're going to be fired with no second chances. I hope those did maybe a halfway decent job at showing you that zero-tolerance speech is serious whether it's in a video game or not. You just don't fucking talk to people that way, and you don't deserve shit for consideration if you do.
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=d8HfVxpW,comment-id=00000001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010004,timestamp=2019-09-20T19:36:48.027+0000) > > Actually it does. You can be mildly toxic once in a while for eternity and never receive a punishment. I know this for a fact because like anyone else I slip up once in a while too, and my account has been in good standing since season one across thousands of games both ranked and unranked. Now I'm not talking about someone going nuts, throwing slurs around, and raging for an entire game once every two weeks. I'm talking about the occasional, "Damnit will you stop feeding so I can carry!?!?" or the "Do you not see pings? I pinged for 30 seconds before you got ganked!" Or maybe even, "I'll gank where I want, stop feeding your lane." All of these are toxic, albeit mildly so, and if you were say something like this once every 2 weeks, you would never get so much as a chat restriction. There is leniency built into the system because people slip up. However, these very same phrases could very well trigger a permanent ban if you're coming off of a 14-Day Ban. Every couple weeks isn't once in a while. That's frequent. If you harass your teammates, accuse people of feeding, etc. every couple weeks and _don't_ get punished, then the problem here isn't that people are getting permabanned via one large offense and one small offense; it's that you're not getting punished when you should.
Zombaco (NA)
: The League client is awful.
Same thing happens to me sometimes on one of the computers I use to play LoL.
: Day 1: 1.3 Billion Players and No Servers, India needs a server!
> 1.3 Billion Players https://thetombofanubis.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/houseoflies.gif
: Here are a couple of better real-life analogies, since you like this kind of thing. Let's say you're in college, and every day everything is fine. One day, you don't like how someone is speaking to you in class, and you say, "Shut the fuck up ******!" (****** = a certain slur for a homosexual.) You bet your ass you're going to get bounced out of that college for hate speech with no second chances. Let's say you're at work, and your boss is really riding you for something trivial. You decide to respond with, "Leave me alone, ******!" (****** = a certain racial slur beginning with N). You bet your ass you're going to be fired with no second chances. I hope those did maybe a halfway decent job at showing you that zero-tolerance speech is serious whether it's in a video game or not. You just don't fucking talk to people that way, and you don't deserve shit for consideration if you do.
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=d8HfVxpW,comment-id=00000001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010002,timestamp=2019-09-20T18:23:31.068+0000) > > Right... but behavior which had never been penalized before the ZT is suddenly permaban behavior. That is not transparent. Incorrect. Behavior which wouldn't have been punished with a permaban before the 14-day is suddenly punished with a permaban. Before the 14-day, that behavior would've earned the player a chat restriction. The IFS doesn't change its mind like that about what constitutes bad behavior.
Subdue (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=d8HfVxpW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-20T16:04:19.724+0000) > > this...doesnt make sense > > why would a second offense (after a MAJOR infraction) warrant a lesser punishment? bass akwards if you ask me That's a great question. The problem is that there is no opportunity to reform. Let's say that you have been playing for 5 years. And during those 5 years, you're generally a positive player. Once in a while, maybe once every couple of weeks, you get frustrated and lash out, but never anything extreme. This probably describes the vast majority of players. You're never penalized for this, because the system understands that people get frustrated sometimes. One day, you are chatting with your friend and you call him the N-Word. This is normal conversation between the two of you, but someone else gets offended and reports you, resulting in a 14 Day ban. Fine, you deserved it, you should have known better. You accept your 14 Day ban, make a mental note to not use that word, or any other word that can be considered a slur. Two weeks later, someone says something that sets you off. Again, rare occurrence, but it does happen. The same behavior which has been reinforced as acceptable for FIVE YEARS of playing now results in a permanent loss of your account.
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=d8HfVxpW,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-09-20T16:22:33.907+0000) > > That's a great question. > > The problem is that there is no opportunity to reform. Let's say that you have been playing for 5 years. And during those 5 years, you're generally a positive player. Once in a while, maybe once every couple of weeks, you get frustrated and lash out, but never anything extreme. This probably describes the vast majority of players. You're never penalized for this, because the system understands that people get frustrated sometimes. > > One day, you are chatting with your friend and you call him the N-Word. This is normal conversation between the two of you, but someone else gets offended and reports you, resulting in a 14 Day ban. > > Fine, you deserved it, you should have known better. You accept your 14 Day ban, make a mental note to not use that word, or any other word that can be considered a slur. > > Two weeks later, someone says something that sets you off. Again, rare occurrence, but it does happen. The same behavior which has been reinforced as acceptable for FIVE YEARS of playing now results in a permanent loss of your account. I think this post right here is the key to why you're wrong. Most players don't "get frustrated and lash out" every couple weeks. That's not "once in a while" or "a rare occurrence." That is someone who frequently and regularly trashes games, whether they accept responsibility for it or somehow manage to convince themselves that it's another player's fault for "setting them off." You also imply that this player was behaving acceptably both before and after their 14-day suspension, and yet only got a punishment after that suspension. This would not be the case. Someone who "lashes out" multiple times a month would certainly have been punished for that behavior a lot sooner, not only after and because of a 14-day. The IFS doesn't just ignore valid reports until a player has gotten a 14-day and then ratchet it up afterward.
Barso55 (NA)
: How is vayne anywhere close to balanced? its like a champ from another game or something
First, it's 14%, not 24%. Second, a slow buildup with several autos is a blessing compared to most champs that will 100-0 you in the blink of an eye.
Vuuduu (NA)
: ME SEE CHAMPION, ME FIGHT THAT CHAMPION
{{champion:2}} _unironically upvotes_
Ikakkuu (EUW)
: It happened to me right now
> [{quoted}](name=Ikakkuu,realm=EUW,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=UAGPwvlw,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T01:36:48.536+0000) > > It happened to me right now Not with the client that this thread is talking about.
: Hey, riot I got the ghost game... thing thing what is going on... fix your client this {{item:3187}}
> [{quoted}](name=TSF Limphy,realm=EUW,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=UAGPwvlw,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-09-20T00:56:57.295+0000) > > Hey, riot I got the ghost game... thing thing what is going on... fix your client this {{item:3187}} It's funny that you say "fix your client" in a four-year-old thread that's talking about the old client, as you can see in the screenshot.
: Censorship in the States. Particularly in Riot.
: lol call me racist all you like but a chinese company taking over and suddenly player oriented doesnt apply anymore? DAMN LOL
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=KEvEsp48,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-09-18T21:17:27.248+0000) > > lol call me racist all you like but https://i.imgur.com/YREcU6d.gifv
: Well in the example I gave, it wasn't until they started poking the side of my head that I got up. It's not assault, it's self defense. You just have to count the pokes "1, 2, 3" and now you are being assaulted and have a right to defend yourself with as much force as is necessary to stop them from continuing with their actions.
> [{quoted}](name=caffeine abuser,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7xjAjBE9,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T20:49:09.564+0000) > > Well in the example I gave, it wasn't until they started poking the side of my head that I got up. > > It's not assault, it's self defense. You just have to count the pokes "1, 2, 3" and now you are being assaulted and have a right to defend yourself with as much force as is necessary to stop them from continuing with their actions. 0. How did you come to the conclusion that exactly three pokes constitutes assault? 0. How do you think "knock all their front teeth out" is an appropriate self defense from three pokes? Such a response would be assault. Doing this IRL would get one thrown into prison very quickly and not let out quickly. 0. There is no way to "assault" someone in LoL through chat or gameplay. 0. If you don't like someone's chat, you can defend yourself by muting them. Adding your own unpleasant chat doesn't help and [isn't self defense](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/Pqc6PJUE-players-who-flame-back-in-self-defense-dont-understand-the-meaning-of-those-words). 0. Beating someone to a pulp because they're poking you in a library is a ton more force than necessary to stop them from continuing with their actions, especially when you didn't need to use force at all and could've simply notified library staff and moved to a different location. 0. Self defense is just that: _defending_ yourself. Its only purpose is to stop you from being hurt. Anything beyond that is not self defense. "Self defense" is not an excuse to flip your shit and be violent. Maybe cut down on that caffeine a bit, hm?
: Fleet Footwork feels like an oddity.
Your idea is to take a healing/MS keystone and... add damage to it? Do you work for Riot?
: The fact that all of her damage is loaded into one spell. The fact that she can, with a spell, access active items that haven't even been purchased at that point in a game. Free lich bane for bonus damage. So my issue is that Riot pretty much consistently goes out of their way to concoct new and exciting ideas to make the game FRESH and EXCITING! And in doing so they, without fail, ruin the game. Either the champ is dog shit or it's overtuned. And it's just like, why do you need to do that? Stop trying to recreate the wheel.
> [{quoted}](name=Poot Lovato,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9FGIjjFW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-19T07:41:30.480+0000) > > The fact that all of her damage is loaded into one spell. > The fact that she can, with a spell, access active items that haven't even been purchased at that point in a game. > Free lich bane for bonus damage. > > So my issue is that Riot pretty much consistently goes out of their way to concoct new and exciting ideas to make the game FRESH and EXCITING! And in doing so they, without fail, ruin the game. Either the champ is dog shit or it's overtuned. And it's just like, why do you need to do that? Stop trying to recreate the wheel. You know, people say that all her damage is loaded into her Q, but that only looks like it's true because she can kill you with a Q. In fact, that's only about half the damage in her kit. She _could_ kill people with just a Q, and she sometimes does, but she doesn't need to. She got a round of nerfs after that video where a Zoe in high-tier play killed an opponent without landing a single skillshot.
: >This is equivalent to dealing with a noisy person in a library by asking them to keep it down and then notifying library staff and moving to another area. Except the noisy person is not just being noisy, they're standing right behind you turning the pages of the book you're reading and breaking off the tip of your pencil everytime you sharpen it, and when you don't respond to that they start poking you in the side of the head until you get up and knock all their front teeth out.
> [{quoted}](name=caffeine abuser,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7xjAjBE9,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-09-19T07:53:50.775+0000) > > Except the noisy person is not just being noisy, they're standing right behind you turning the pages of the book you're reading and breaking off the tip of your pencil everytime you sharpen it, and when you don't respond to that they start poking you in the side of the head until you get up and knock all their front teeth out. Why is notifying staff and moving to another area not a viable response to that? Why is assault a viable response to that? "Excuse me, why did you slay my five-year-old daughter on our first trip to the library?" "She was turning the pages of my book." "Oh, I see. That's a good justification."
CLG ear (NA)
: i don't think riot will ever admit they made a mistake with champion release
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9FGIjjFW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-18T06:37:13.706+0000) > > i don't think riot will ever admit they made a mistake fixed
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7xjAjBE9,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T07:36:10.876+0000) > > Like I said before: > > When you get a 14-day suspension, the reform card tells you in no uncertain terms that the next punishment - even for a minor infraction - is a permaban. depression I dont even remember what I said to get the two week, It was just some dumb chat thing though im pretty sure, is there any way to go back and see?
> [{quoted}](name=cp dubspol,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7xjAjBE9,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T07:38:16.441+0000) > > depression I dont even remember what I said to get the two week, It was just some dumb chat thing though im pretty sure, is there any way to go back and see? Riot probably has a record. Submit a support ticket. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7xjAjBE9,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-19T07:04:18.619+0000) > > So, it has come to this: someone displayed misbehavior in a LoL match in flagrant disregard for the game's rules, ToS, EULA, and Summoner's Code. That's unfortunate, and I'm sorry you had to deal with it. If this misbehavior happened in chat (including emotes or ping) and they don't respond positively to a _single, courteous, constructive request to focus on the game_, your best option is to mute that player. Submit a report after the match. This is equivalent to dealing with a noisy person in a library by asking them to keep it down and then notifying library staff and moving to another area. > > _Do not respond with misbehavior of your own!_ If you do that, your teammates may mute and report _you_, and those reports would be valid. This is equivalent to dealing with a noisy person in a library by getting into a shouting match with them. Just because someone else started it doesn't justify you in continuing it. I'm sure you're familiar with the "s/he started it" trope, where two children get into an argument or fight and then try to claim innocence of any wrongdoing by claiming that they didn't instigate it. As any parent, teacher, or other supervisor of children will tell you, that excuse doesn't fly. When Dad is trying to drive you to Disneyland and your annoying brother starts making faces at you as he's previously been told not to, you should calmly ask him to stop, and then, if that doesn't work, calmly notify your parents of the problem. Making faces at him or shouting at him has never been a good way to get him to stop, and it makes you just as guilty of that as he. > > Riot doesn't care who started it. Someone else's misbehavior does not justify your own. > > From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-): > > In a perfect and just world, everyone who deserved a punishment would get one. In reality, it is possible for some punishable behavior to go unpunished. First, punishments in LoL can only occur after a valid report. Second, punishments take into account the consistency and severity of the punished player's misbehavior: if two players in a match break the same rule in the same way, one who consistently misbehaves in this way might get a punishment while the other who almost never does so gets away without a punishment (this time). At the end of the day, though, all this does is explain how differences in player behavior over many games can produce different results for equivalent behavior within a single game. It doesn't excuse poor behavior. One person having a rare bad day doesn't give a consistently toxic player the right to join in. The only behavior that matters in your punishment is your own... and a good thing, too: how would you feel if you behaved yourself but got punished anyway just because all your teammates were spectacularly friendly, communicative, and positive? > > From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025054153-Understanding-Your-Temporary-Account-Ban): > > The only chat messages included in your chat log are your own for a single, extremely good reason: they are the only ones taken into account for your punishment, because they're the only ones in your control. The things other players said and did in your match might produce in you an impulse to do certain things that may include breaking LoL's rules, but your behavior is your own, and you are responsible for it. If you really think about it, this is a good thing. If a toxic player's goading could exempt you from punishment for your flaming them, calling for reports, etc., then it would logically go the other way as well, resulting in punishments for players who didn't necessarily break any rules but weren't quite as friendly and positive as their teammates. Can you imagine a world where "didn't participate in the dance party and ignored all of our jokes" was a valid report that could get someone suspended for two weeks? We don't want that situation anymore than we want "called our support a braindead waste of space" to be considered an _invalid_ report just because, say, the support was telling their team to harm themselves while they merrily ran it down mid. > > You weren't punished for misbehaving in one game. You were punished for misbehaving in _one more_ game, in a consistent pattern of negative behavior that breaks the game's rules. Additionally, the reform card doesn't always show all the logs that led to your punishment: it randomly selects up to several logs. You might see three logs, but you also might see as few as one, even for players whose punishment stems not from a small number of egregious infractions but rather from dozens of instances of mild toxicity. The purpose of the reform card is to tell you how to reform, so it shows you an example of the behavior that prompted your punishment and explains that such behavior is inappropriate and should be avoided if you want to maintain an account in good standing. > > Usually, one transgression by itself wouldn't be enough to bring such a punishment to an otherwise clean account, but the IFS works on an escalating punishment system. Breaking a minor rule, like engaging the team in useless arguments, has a minor punishment: a chat restriction. Breaking that same rule over and over again, however, doesn't prompt an endless series of chat restrictions. The severity of the punishment ramps up over time, because the goal is to eliminate the punished player's willingness to break the game's rules. If two chat restrictions don't stop the useless arguments, the system will increase the punishment to a 14-day suspension and deliver a very clear message that the continued rule-breaking is becoming a serious issue and any further instances will result in a permaban. Again, the point is to put a stop to this misbehavior. If a player is more interested in repeatedly breaking the rules than in maintaining access to their account, they'll lose access to their account. > > Of course, it's possible to break major rules, like cheating, threatening people, or using chat for hate speech, and skip punishment tiers so that a clean account ends up with a 14-day suspension or even a permaban. > > From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-): > > [](http:///) > > You _**never**_ have that "right." It is always against the rules, it's never justified, and it's never acceptable. In my entire time I have never recieved a chat restriction, and this is my second punishment from riot, the first being a two week suspension. My two transgressions were only in chat, there seems to be no sensible lead up to this. Not trying to be rude, thank you for replying so quickly to my post.
> [{quoted}](name=cp dubspol,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7xjAjBE9,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-19T07:22:29.161+0000) > > In my entire time I have never recieved a chat restriction, and this is my second punishment from riot, the first being a two week suspension. My two transgressions were only in chat, there seems to be no sensible lead up to this. Not trying to be rude, thank you for replying so quickly to my post. Like I said before: > However, it is possible to skip to a Two Week or Permanent suspension based on the severity of the behavior in the game. Excessive negative behavior can result in a Two-Week or Permanent suspension at any time without having a chat restriction on the account. When you get a 14-day suspension, the reform card tells you in no uncertain terms that the next punishment - even for a minor infraction - is a permaban.
: Permabanned five minutes after game ended, 1 game referenced.
So, it has come to this: someone displayed misbehavior in a LoL match in flagrant disregard for the game's rules, ToS, EULA, and Summoner's Code. That's unfortunate, and I'm sorry you had to deal with it. If this misbehavior happened in chat (including emotes or ping) and they don't respond positively to a _single, courteous, constructive request to focus on the game_, your best option is to mute that player. Submit a report after the match. This is equivalent to dealing with a noisy person in a library by asking them to keep it down and then notifying library staff and moving to another area. _Do not respond with misbehavior of your own!_ If you do that, your teammates may mute and report _you_, and those reports would be valid. This is equivalent to dealing with a noisy person in a library by getting into a shouting match with them. Just because someone else started it doesn't justify you in continuing it. I'm sure you're familiar with the "s/he started it" trope, where two children get into an argument or fight and then try to claim innocence of any wrongdoing by claiming that they didn't instigate it. As any parent, teacher, or other supervisor of children will tell you, that excuse doesn't fly. When Dad is trying to drive you to Disneyland and your annoying brother starts making faces at you as he's previously been told not to, you should calmly ask him to stop, and then, if that doesn't work, calmly notify your parents of the problem. Making faces at him or shouting at him has never been a good way to get him to stop, and it makes you just as guilty of that as he. Riot doesn't care who started it. Someone else's misbehavior does not justify your own. From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-): > * Simply speaking, retaliation is not an acceptable or justifiable behavior. An argument between two players can easily create a negative experience for the rest of the players in the game with you. Regardless of the other player’s actions, this does not justify your own behavior. You alone are responsible for your actions within the game.If you encounter a toxic player like this, the best option is to simply report their behavior and move on. > * Reports are a vital piece to the puzzle. If you are not sure of what sort of behavior is reportable take a look at the [Reporting a Player FAQ](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752884-Reporting-a-Player) In a perfect and just world, everyone who deserved a punishment would get one. In reality, it is possible for some punishable behavior to go unpunished. First, punishments in LoL can only occur after a valid report. Second, punishments take into account the consistency and severity of the punished player's misbehavior: if two players in a match break the same rule in the same way, one who consistently misbehaves in this way might get a punishment while the other who almost never does so gets away without a punishment (this time). At the end of the day, though, all this does is explain how differences in player behavior over many games can produce different results for equivalent behavior within a single game. It doesn't excuse poor behavior. One person having a rare bad day doesn't give a consistently toxic player the right to join in. The only behavior that matters in your punishment is your own... and a good thing, too: how would you feel if you behaved yourself but got punished anyway just because all your teammates were spectacularly friendly, communicative, and positive? From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025054153-Understanding-Your-Temporary-Account-Ban): > We can not discuss other players’ actions with you but you can always report them at end of game and mute them when in game. There is no excuse for raging back or responding to people trying to get you to tilt. You are the only one responsible for your actions and your words which is what we are trying to address with these bans. The only chat messages included in your chat log are your own for a single, extremely good reason: they are the only ones taken into account for your punishment, because they're the only ones in your control. The things other players said and did in your match might produce in you an impulse to do certain things that may include breaking LoL's rules, but your behavior is your own, and you are responsible for it. If you really think about it, this is a good thing. If a toxic player's goading could exempt you from punishment for your flaming them, calling for reports, etc., then it would logically go the other way as well, resulting in punishments for players who didn't necessarily break any rules but weren't quite as friendly and positive as their teammates. Can you imagine a world where "didn't participate in the dance party and ignored all of our jokes" was a valid report that could get someone suspended for two weeks? We don't want that situation anymore than we want "called our support a braindead waste of space" to be considered an _invalid_ report just because, say, the support was telling their team to harm themselves while they merrily ran it down mid. You weren't punished for misbehaving in one game. You were punished for misbehaving in _one more_ game, in a consistent pattern of negative behavior that breaks the game's rules. Additionally, the reform card doesn't always show all the logs that led to your punishment: it randomly selects up to several logs. You might see three logs, but you also might see as few as one, even for players whose punishment stems not from a small number of egregious infractions but rather from dozens of instances of mild toxicity. The purpose of the reform card is to tell you how to reform, so it shows you an example of the behavior that prompted your punishment and explains that such behavior is inappropriate and should be avoided if you want to maintain an account in good standing. Usually, one transgression by itself wouldn't be enough to bring such a punishment to an otherwise clean account, but the IFS works on an escalating punishment system. Breaking a minor rule, like engaging the team in useless arguments, has a minor punishment: a chat restriction. Breaking that same rule over and over again, however, doesn't prompt an endless series of chat restrictions. The severity of the punishment ramps up over time, because the goal is to eliminate the punished player's willingness to break the game's rules. If two chat restrictions don't stop the useless arguments, the system will increase the punishment to a 14-day suspension and deliver a very clear message that the continued rule-breaking is becoming a serious issue and any further instances will result in a permaban. Again, the point is to put a stop to this misbehavior. If a player is more interested in repeatedly breaking the rules than in maintaining access to their account, they'll lose access to their account. Of course, it's possible to break major rules, like cheating, threatening people, or using chat for hate speech, and skip punishment tiers so that a clean account ends up with a 14-day suspension or even a permaban. From [Riot's support knowledgebase](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-): > **PUNISHMENTS GENERALLY FOLLOW A BASIC ESCALATION PATH:** > > * First Offense: 10 Game Chat Restriction > * Second Offense: 25 Game Chat Restriction > * Third Offense: Two Week Suspension > * Fourth Offense: Permanent Suspension > > However, it is possible to skip to a Two Week or Permanent suspension based on the severity of the behavior in the game. Excessive negative behavior can result in a Two-Week or Permanent suspension at any time without having a chat restriction on the account. [](http:///) > [{quoted}](name=cp dubspol,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7xjAjBE9,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-19T06:50:02.961+0000) > > and I'd have every right to flame them You _**never**_ have that "right." It is always against the rules, it's never justified, and it's never acceptable.
afmghost (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o6UHiM8J,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-19T02:09:20.042+0000) > > Because the entire textbook industry is huge riot. Planned obsolesce and kickbacks. I find the industry obnoxious. I hate how they take a book they already have, make a copy of it, merely change a few words/images, and then market it as a new edition. They then rinse and repeat until the book has like five plus editions. Now if the subject of study was a field that changes periodically (maybe astronomy? I don't know), they could at least argue that new information is being added, provided they actually do that. However, they do this with every subject, which is bullshit.
> [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o6UHiM8J,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-09-19T03:22:35.632+0000) > > I find the industry obnoxious. I hate how they take a book they already have, make a copy of it, merely change a few words/images, and then market it as a new edition. They then rinse and repeat until the book has like five plus editions. > Now if the subject of study was a field that changes periodically (maybe astronomy? I don't know), they could at least argue that new information is being added, provided they actually do that. However, they do this with every subject, which is bullshit. Say you have knowledge of some topic, like math or history, and you'd like to teach it, and people would like to learn it from you. Your students would like a textbook so they can study outside of class and have a reference. If you knew that it would sell exactly 20 copies which then got passed down to a new class of students each semester for the rest of your life, would you still put the effort into writing it? Keep in mind it can take years of work to write a book like that. This problem is less severe for lower-level subjects that every college student will take in their first year, as such books can be marketed very widely, but it's still a problem. If sales drop to zero after a year or two, when there are enough copies in circulation to support a fully secondhand market, is it still worth it to produce such a book? It often isn't, for the amount of work it takes. It's a huge issue for very advanced topics, as such classes might be taken by just a few grad students here and there. At that point, you're basically asking someone with a Ph.D. to spend years of her life writing a book for you and a few of your buddies. And you don't intend to read the book more than once. In fact, you'd like to get rid of it after a few months. Is it still worth the time to write that book? Only if you write it once and then come out with a new "edition" each year, so you get a steady income out of it.
: ide take an explained set of 19 year punishments over random and arbitrary perma bans any day
> [{quoted}](name=I Like Teemo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=k1fETiew,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-19T05:24:30.169+0000) > > ide take an explained set of 19 year punishments over random and arbitrary perma bans any day It's the same thing. The end of time will occur in [2038](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem). :P
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T01:06:22.518+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxLEOcTrO_Q I refuse to believe you're capable of communicating with words anymore. You're finished talking now.
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T01:28:20.778+0000) > > I refuse to believe you're capable of communicating with words anymore. You're finished talking now. And yet, I can communicate without words better than you can communicate with them. I'm sorry your thread got lots of downvotes and not a single upvote. That's never fun. Would you like me to change my downvote to an upvote? Would that make you feel better? I've gone ahead and done that. There ya go. :)
: Is it socially acceptable to scold a child you don't know?
I've noticed that people are very cautious about letting infants put dirty items into their mouths (any pacifier that touches the floor is instantly unacceptable, for example), but this fades after a few years. 2-4 years old is a little old to be eating anything and everything, especially a shoe. One possible response would be to engage the child in conversation, given that the mother is right there, with something along the lines of "oh, you're eating a shoe? is that yummy? oof, no, icky! shoes go on our feet!". I mean, that's a good lesson for a person to learn eventually, and that was probably a good time for it. But anything even a little more negative, like "ma'am, your kid is eating his shoe; that's unsanitary," would earn you some "hOw DaRe YoU tElL mE hOw To RaIsE mY cHiLd" screeching. Since she clearly saw her kid eating a shoe, saw you seeing this, and said nothing, I'm sure she was aware of the problem and just doesn't care anymore. She was probably just waiting for you to open your mouth so she could chew you out.
Nubrac (NA)
: should be in the rant section
> [{quoted}](name=Nubrac,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pWM0fW9T,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-18T20:38:29.406+0000) > > should be in the rant section Then post them there.
: why do college proffesors assign books they wrote?
Generally, it's because they believe it's the best accompaniment to the material they're teaching, explained in the best possible way. Some teachers even provide such a text for free. Authors don't make a lot per copy sold, so pushing a few dozen more per year doesn't really have a huge impact.
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K6MfRukK,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-09-18T21:33:52.825+0000) > > Leaving a game is against the rules. boo fucking hoo. you're team don't want to hear you bitch and whine about a losing game and wanting to surrender. if they say no to a surrender then they mean no. no amount of crying about "being held hostage" will change that. so if a game is a loss either use the exit button or zip it.
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K6MfRukK,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-09-19T01:03:55.500+0000) > > boo fucking hoo. you're team don't want to hear you bitch and whine about a losing game and wanting to surrender. if they say no to a surrender then they mean no. no amount of crying about "being held hostage" will change that. so if a game is a loss either use the exit button or zip it. ? They didn't hear that, although they probably wanted to.
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T23:54:32.219+0000) > > https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/015/352/1348764844816.png I'm afraid I'm not fluent in meme. Is that another watered-down attempt at making me hate my own existence, or are you stating yourself that _you_ were joking when you made the original comment? Either way, your proverbial knees are looking rather shaky. I suggest leaving this conversation before you embarrass yourself overmuch.
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T00:15:56.057+0000) > > I'm afraid I'm not fluent in meme. Is that another watered-down attempt at making me hate my own existence, or are you stating yourself that _you_ were joking when you made the original comment? Either way, your proverbial knees are looking rather shaky. I suggest leaving this conversation before you embarrass yourself overmuch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxLEOcTrO_Q
: You forgot to mention how they make posts on the boards joking about all these conspiracy theories so that people won't take them seriously.
> [{quoted}](name=caffeine abuser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MtK0EW4l,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-19T00:14:39.791+0000) > > You forgot to mention how they make posts on the boards joking about all these conspiracy theories so that people won't take them seriously. https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/630/conspiracykeanu.jpg
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K6MfRukK,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-09-18T23:58:51.561+0000) > > ? > > I don't just follow rules to avoid punishment. then i dont get the point of your post. you ask for help. theres 99% players here and the few rioters cant do much anyways (mainly cause they work in the story sound skin teams) the only help we can give you is to tell you to leave and tell you you wont be punished for it. and that you wont hurt anyone. but you dont want that. so what is the point of this post? how can we "send help"?
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K6MfRukK,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T00:01:16.944+0000) > > then i dont get the point of your post. > you ask for help. > theres 99% players here and the few rioters cant do much anyways (mainly cause they work in the story sound skin teams) > > the only help we can give you is to tell you to leave and tell you you wont be punished for it. and that you wont hurt anyone. > > but you dont want that. so what is the point of this post? how can we "send help"? It's just an expression, fren.
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=002d00000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T21:32:29.034+0000) > > I'm actually seeing a lot less of the defensive build now that Pyke relies so much on AD/Lethality ratios. > > He is definitely not an ADC. Most of his damage is rolled into his ult. > > It may appear as if Pyke has more endurance in lane than other supports, but that's only because the grey health heal is very noticeable. It's the opposite problem of the aura effects that used to be sprinkled around on some champions and items, like Janna's teamwide passive MS, which were actually very powerful but didn't call attention to themselves. > > Pyke healed 800 health there, sure, but he also lost 1500 while only having 1600. Other supports would have taken less damage, had more health, and shielded or healed after the stun wore off, likely ending up with pretty much the same amount of remaining health (EH in particular), only without the danger of dying. He's definitely being ran in the marksman slot akin to how Yasuo bot lane works actually. It also doesn't really "appear." It's factual. If a Leona gets nuked, she's done in lane. Pyke can make an extremely risky play to chunk someone out and then turn around and do it again 10-15 seconds later. This adds up exponentially over time compared to other bot laners.
> [{quoted}](name=Emelie Cauchemar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=002d000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T23:54:34.797+0000) > > He's definitely being ran in the marksman slot akin to how Yasuo bot lane works actually. It also doesn't really "appear." It's factual. If a Leona gets nuked, she's done in lane. Pyke can make an extremely risky play to chunk someone out and then turn around and do it again 10-15 seconds later. This adds up exponentially over time compared to other bot laners. If a Leona gets nuked, she doesn't lose as much health, and she had more to start with. Pyke gets no bonus health, is heavily discouraged from building resistances, has no resistance steroid, and has no shield; all of his durability comes from that heal and sometimes Aftershock. He is one of the squishiest targets in the game, relying on not-quite-dying and then running away... like an assassin. I suppose it is a factual claim you're making, but that fact is incorrect. I don't know why I'm even bothering talking to an echo chamber. Think whatever you want.
: i mean youre leaving ONE GAME you wont be punished for it lol
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K6MfRukK,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-09-18T23:08:32.872+0000) > > i mean youre leaving ONE GAME you wont be punished for it lol ? I don't just follow rules to avoid punishment.
: Still stuck?
> [{quoted}](name=14daysuspensionk,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K6MfRukK,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-18T22:27:21.013+0000) > > Still stuck? No, super minions finally won the game after 32 minutes. I think my first surrender call was around 12:00.
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-18T17:26:14.218+0000) > > Congratulations, you have invented DRM! You're a > > https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/277/genius.jpg In a cruel twist of irony, the entire point of this post was a sarcastic observation that digital rights management software has existed for decades, yet League still has trouble with things like smurfing. Evidently you're clever enough to Google a meme to trash some random guy on the internet with, but not clever enough to detect sarcasm.
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-18T23:47:35.188+0000) > > In a cruel twist of irony, the entire point of this post was a sarcastic observation that digital rights management software has existed for decades, yet League still has trouble with things like smurfing. Evidently you're clever enough to Google a meme to trash some random guy on the internet with, but not clever enough to detect sarcasm. https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/015/352/1348764844816.png
: there is a little something called the Exit Button. try using that next time you are holding yourself hostage.
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K6MfRukK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-18T20:32:49.682+0000) > > there is a little something called the Exit Button. try using that next time you are holding yourself hostage. Leaving a game is against the rules.
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=002d,timestamp=2019-09-18T07:02:46.620+0000) > > I don't know if this has been mentioned in the last 11 pages, but the key takeaway here isn't that Pyke regained half his health bar; it's that he was lucky enough to just barely survive a ranged mage's combo, and then ended up with about 800-900 health afterward (easy to calculate since he can't gain bonus health). Other supports with {{item:3401}} would've had 350 bonus health just from that. Some supports might have e.g. {{item:3107}} or {{item:3109}}. And they're not pushed into building AD and Lethality like Pyke is, particularly after a lot of his bases have been nerfed in favor of scalings with those stats, so they might have some more resistances as well. And then we get into abilities that various supports have, like shields and resistance steroids, which Pyke doesn't have. > > Remember DK tanks in WoW? I don't know what they're like nowadays, but they were either OP or garbage when I played, because relying on heals rather than armor and blocking meant that they had tons of sustain but were vulnerable to spike damage. This turned into a huge problem when it became possible for shield tanks to block cap (get a 100% chance to at least block an incoming hit), because it meant that any boss that was a threat to shield tanks would one-shot a DK. > > The bottom line is that most other supports would also end up with a few hundred health left over after something like that, but they wouldn't have first been brought to within inches of death. Pyke has defensive items + Aftershock. Regardless, Pyke is honestly too safe and effective of a champ. He's starting to be ran as ADC with a support to back him up because of how effective he is. He doesn't actually NEED to CS, and he doesn't need keystones most marksman take. Combine that with the fact it's really hard to force him out lane ((unlike most ADCS)) and Pyke can sit in botlane all day if his support has even the slightest of healing capabilities. It's kind of ridiculous.
> [{quoted}](name=Emelie Cauchemar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=002d0000,timestamp=2019-09-18T20:34:37.082+0000) > > Pyke has defensive items + Aftershock. Regardless, Pyke is honestly too safe and effective of a champ. He's starting to be ran as ADC with a support to back him up because of how effective he is. He doesn't actually NEED to CS, and he doesn't need keystones most marksman take. Combine that with the fact it's really hard to force him out lane ((unlike most ADCS)) and Pyke can sit in botlane all day if his support has even the slightest of healing capabilities. It's kind of ridiculous. I'm actually seeing a lot less of the defensive build now that Pyke relies so much on AD/Lethality ratios. He is definitely not an ADC. Most of his damage is rolled into his ult. It may appear as if Pyke has more endurance in lane than other supports, but that's only because the grey health heal is very noticeable. It's the opposite problem of the aura effects that used to be sprinkled around on some champions and items, like Janna's teamwide passive MS, which were actually very powerful but didn't call attention to themselves. Pyke healed 800 health there, sure, but he also lost 1500 while only having 1600. Other supports would have taken less damage, had more health, and shielded or healed after the stun wore off, likely ending up with pretty much the same amount of remaining health (EH in particular), only without the danger of dying.
: >Not having 5 different accounts to deal with situations like this Are you new
> [{quoted}](name=Emperor Volibear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K6MfRukK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-18T20:25:01.352+0000) > > Are you new I do have multiple accounts, but AFKing is against the rules.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E9tF4T3e,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-18T18:48:01.293+0000) > > All they did was add the dagger drop mechanic, which turned W from "Sunfire Cape on a button" into another target you can E to that also refunds most of its CD. New Kat is tons better. I like to think that when people say "old Kat", they mean Killer Instincts Kat because, as you point out, Sinister-Steel-on-W Kat was terrible and KI Kat was great.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E9tF4T3e,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-18T18:50:57.077+0000) > > I like to think that when people say "old Kat", they mean Killer Instincts Kat because, as you point out, Sinister-Steel-on-W Kat was terrible and KI Kat was great. I don't think I ever tried that version, but it looks like all KI did was add damage to other abilities. What am I missing? Can you explain how that was great?
: Old Katarina ? @RiotGames
All they did was add the dagger drop mechanic, which turned W from "Sunfire Cape on a button" into another target you can E to that also refunds most of its CD. New Kat is tons better.
: I've done it. I've fixed the smurf problem.
Congratulations, you have invented DRM! You're a https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/277/genius.jpg
: When is Riot going to revert Malphite back to being a tank?
{{champion:54}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3907}} {{item:3285}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3020}} "u wot m8"
l MrD l (NA)
: Oh no pyke got caught ....
I don't know if this has been mentioned in the last 11 pages, but the key takeaway here isn't that Pyke regained half his health bar; it's that he was lucky enough to just barely survive a ranged mage's combo, and then ended up with about 800-900 health afterward (easy to calculate since he can't gain bonus health). Other supports with {{item:3401}} would've had 350 bonus health just from that. Some supports might have e.g. {{item:3107}} or {{item:3109}}. And they're not pushed into building AD and Lethality like Pyke is, particularly after a lot of his bases have been nerfed in favor of scalings with those stats, so they might have some more resistances as well. And then we get into abilities that various supports have, like shields and resistance steroids, which Pyke doesn't have. Remember DK tanks in WoW? I don't know what they're like nowadays, but they were either OP or garbage when I played, because relying on heals rather than armor and blocking meant that they had tons of sustain but were vulnerable to spike damage. This turned into a huge problem when it became possible for shield tanks to block cap (get a 100% chance to at least block an incoming hit), because it meant that any boss that was a threat to shield tanks would one-shot a DK. The bottom line is that most other supports would also end up with a few hundred health left over after something like that, but they wouldn't have first been brought to within inches of death.
: Who gets first blood if you kill each other at the exact same time?
There is no such thing as "the exact same time" in LoL.
: > [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aWVEZF0c,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-18T03:44:41.219+0000) > > Sea otters are so cute, though! But until Riot becomes otter-proof, it would be nice if champion designs built around buffing team mates would be able to actively take part in the buffing process.
> [{quoted}](name=PopcornBunni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aWVEZF0c,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T05:25:44.564+0000) > > But until Riot becomes otter-proof, champion designs built around buffing team mates should be able to actively take part in the buffing process. I mean, it automatically pings itself, and then I ping it a couple more times, and then I say "anyone want a free buff?", and then a few named pings (like Assist Me) so they see it in chat with my name attached to it, and then I shrug and friend another camp to death. Maybe the extra buff could just float around him for a few minutes, and move to an ally when he passes near them? Kind of like Ahri's W, but happier.
Show more

KFCeytron

Level 86 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion