nelogis (EUW)
: Yuumi is exactly how you should NOT design an enchanter
> [{quoted}](name=nelogis,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WkgRExer,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-07T13:51:48.441+0000){{champion:40}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} > > What do these champs all have in common? They are piss easy and walk right next to a carry all game like a fly to a piece of shit buffing them off cooldown. > > They can't offer frontline protection like Braum or Alistar WHILE being a support > They can't offer pick potential like Bard and Pyke WHILE being a support > They can't offer engage like Rakan and Thresh WHILE being a support bro if you aren't flash+ulting yourself for the engage as {{champion:117}} idk what to tell you
: im sure that the people you have associated with an inanimate object dont feel any pain by your comment.
Chermorg (NA)
: The existence of a mitigation tool (the mute button) does not make it any less a crime to force someone to use it. As another example, shooting someone is *always* assault - regardless if they are wearing body armor, a bulletproof vest, or some other form of mitigation. **** That being said, length of chat isn't a factor in most punishments unless it's extremely excessive amounts of chat.
of course; I didn’t mean to rule out the possibility of outright spam. but from the log (of a match that was at least 20 minutes, and which I’ve added to with bracketed context) I think it’s clear that I didn’t approach that extreme. also I’ve never shot anyone. y’know, in case that’s in question.
: > [{quoted}](name=KING OF MASKS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ilc3qUP7,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-08T12:12:08.792+0000) > > thanks for taking the time to reply; however, if I wasn't reported before, whether or not the use of _that word_ constitutes "something that is at someone's expense" really does depend on context, doesn't it? there are probably dozens of people who've seen me type that word, with or without the hard R, but they weren't bothered enough to report me. right now it seems all I've done wrong is have the misfortune of encountering someone who was bothered enough. Riot's policy is that you can do whatever you want if everyone in-game is on board with it and you trust them with that decision. This is why it's report-driven -- if you use that phrase in team-chat with four other close friends who all find it hilarious, Riot doesn't care. They *do* care about you using it outside of that context though, because that language is widely considered to be highly offensive and racist. So a more accurate statement is "zero tolerance for exposing other players to that behavior unless you KNOW it's okay with them."
I see, that makes sense. wish I had known that that's the risk I've been taking for months on end. oh well, lesson learned. still annoyed that this one instance has resulted in a skip to 14-day ban, but at least now I know how it all works. thanks for taking the time to clarify, I know that these "herp derp I've been banned and I dunno why" threads are a dime a dozen.
: im gonna get hate for this, but i dont think you should buff poppy right now.
an anti-Poppy thread?? time to downvo... actually, that sounds really reasonable.
Modi (NA)
: This was not a case of 'being a chatterbox'. This was a case of zero tolerance hate speech being used.
was responding specifically to his point about being excessively chatty; I'm used to the old "intention doesn't matter" spiel from people who've never heard of linguistics (no offense to Manova, it's clear he was just pointing out how the system works). for reasons I've already mentioned, it doesn't seem to be zero tolerance at all.
: > [{quoted}](name=KING OF MASKS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ilc3qUP7,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-06-08T11:22:31.524+0000) > > if that's true, why have I not received a punishment before this? I've said it a handful of times over the past couple months (always jokingly, of course), but have received zero pushback. I can only assume it's because I wasn't reported en masse. if the system takes this so seriously why allow it to be said at all? where is it said in the Summoner's Code that certain words are **prohibited in ALL circumstances**? If you use that word before and we're not punished, then it was probably because you were not reported. Additionally, the summoner's code says to enjoy yourself, but not anyone else's expense. Using a word that is most commonly used as racist hate speech is definitely something that is at someone's expense. Further, the terms of use say the following when discussing behavior that is not allowed: *Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of Riot Games, is deemed offensive, including language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable.*
thanks for taking the time to reply; however, if I wasn't reported before, whether or not the use of _that word_ constitutes "something that is at someone's expense" really does depend on context, doesn't it? there are probably dozens of people who've seen me type that word, with or without the hard R, but they weren't bothered enough to report me. right now it seems all I've done wrong is have the misfortune of encountering someone who was bothered enough.
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: Hm, let's see. Swears. Check. Homophobic insult. Check. Religionism. Check. Racism. Check. Absolute nuisance. Check. Joke filter. Non-existant. Sending ~~Irelia's Thicc~~ penality.... Sent. Penality Justified.
ah, a joke filter... how can I make that sort of thing "existant"? as for homophobic insults, I'm sure Riven's E has been vindicated by my suspension. lol.
Manova (EUW)
: We do not make the rules unfortunately. If you want to keep playing this game, you will have abide by their rules, not your own. Also, once you're at the crosshair of the Instant Feedback system, the road to a permanent ban is swift. You've already been escalated to a 14-day suspension. The next step is going to be a permanent ban. Remember, the instant feedback is an automated system. It doesn't detect humor like a human would. I suggest you do not slip up even once if you want to keep your account. If you cant; it's better that you stop playing altogether.
fair enough. I appreciate the advice, even if it all points to a system that's a bit too Kafkaesque for me.
Manova (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Mømokyun,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=p9a1IMoU,comment-id=00020000000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-05-02T18:30:14.343+0000) > > My permaban was reduced to a 2 week cooldown after i told them I admit to being toxic. You have to accept the fact that you replied to the trolls instead of just muting them right away. Riot doesn't care why you are talking to the trolls, they just care that you are. Yes they are technically "ban-baiting" you. But Riot doesn't care. They want you to avoid that bait. If you don't the system will punish you. If you go contact Riot Support and admit they you are in the wrong, explain why you are wrong, tell them how you would change that behavior and that this is one of those things that you didn't expect to get banned for and that you have learned your lesson. Riot is an easy going company, with very strict rules. Nobody likes communism or socialism (even though they think they do). The system is based off that. No legal rights that you have in America or any country the pertains to freedom of speech apply to this game. There is absolutely no freedom of speech allowed in league of legends. Once you accept that you can avoid being banned. It is a controlled environment with regulated rules. You are only allowed to use chat to contribute to a strategic mindset. Giving advice to improve the gameplay, not arguing or bickering with the enemy about how they are flaming you. Or calling them out for being toxic. You simple are giving them what they want when you do that. It kind of encourages their behavior when you give them a reaction. Trust me when I tell you it's a lot easier to let it go and mute them, then it is to deal with a permaban lol. I speak from experience. Not only did you have to work your way up the ban ladder to get a permaban, but you continued negativity. If you accept your wrong doings, don't try to justify yourself and contact Riot Support. You have a good chance at getting the ban reduced to a 2-week ban. Your logs don't deserve a permaban. Do they deserve a punishment? yes! That's what riot wants you to realize in the end. That its not okay to act like that. Trust me i'm someone that thinks the system is god awful. I've spent 2 hours with live support talking about ways to improve it. TBH no system is ever going to be perfect and this system is probably one of the best they can use for now. Although riot support and I agree the system could be changed a little like instead of chat restriction, they could do 1-day bans/ 2-day bans. etc. Because tbh, I didn't take any chat restriction seriously. I started really trying to reform once I got my 2 week ban. And I improved ALOT but I did manage to slip up one game and call someone and "int feeder". I know crazy the person was actually feeding in game, but I'm not allowed to call them that. Once you learn how their system works it's very easy to avoid saying anything negative. You just have to say things that contribute to winning the game. Like baron calls/drag calls. And you can't get mad at anyone even if they are flaming you. Just mute them. My best advice to you man. Good luck. Just going to leave this here. Take the time to read an understand. I'm well aware that you only meant that as a joke, but it doesn't matter. Your language is very vulgar, and that's what weighs in - not your intentions. Furthermore, you seem to be talking a lot. While there's nothing wrong with using the chat, using it actively takes focus away from the game, and though you may not have intended to be negative - distracting people from focusing on the game is perceived as negative behavior. It doesn't matter what kind of behavior you perceive as being negative - What matters is what kind of behavior the community collectively want to punish.
using the chat can end up being negative behavior... that's a brand new one to me. I thought people were capable of muting who they wanted, but now just being a chatterbox can reflect badly on you? delightful.
: >KING OF MASKS: ok wu if you don't stop we're gonna report you, ya fokken n@#%er KING OF MASKS: the chat banner can tell when I'm making a joke KING OF MASKS: saying n@#%er isn't racism. checkmate Diana was correct. That word is considered zero tolerance, and is prohibited in ALL circumstances.
if that's true, why have I not received a punishment before this? I've said it a handful of times over the past couple months (always jokingly, of course), but have received zero pushback. I can only assume it's because I wasn't reported en masse. if the system takes this so seriously why allow it to be said at all? where is it said in the Summoner's Code that certain words are **prohibited in ALL circumstances**?
: who would have thought an automated system has no sense of humour?
returned to League ~6 months ago and have been pretty free with my speech since then; was probably coasting on other players' senses of humor up to now
Rioter Comments
: That graph is pretty accurate... to old warwick (where his only 'mobility' was his blink on ult iirc) Doubt they'll change it, though. Leblanc and Rengar's ability previews still show pre-revert abilities (Rengar's Swim Q and Leblanc's 1.5 cook-time passive being the most obvious of the bunch) when you watch the preview videos. Irelia also used her pre-rework abilities in her preview videos for the first patch new Irelia was live as I recall. I'm not holding my breath for an update on the graphs for that reason, tbh.
that makes sense. I figured they would update them for a full VGU, but I guess the fact that they didn't answers my question. lol.
Rioter Comments
: Does "The Summoning" show promise?
~~for some reason I thought this was a one-shot; glad to hear it's 12 episodes, the first one was pretty fun~~ nvm, I was right; it's just the first short cartoon of 12
Hay5eed (NA)
: Sooo...about Swain
I figured his W was meant to grant vision on use, rather than on hit; maybe that would be too powerful, but Lux has vision on her spells so why not Swain?
: A Shoutout to RiotRepertoir
wow, years ago I remember Repertoir having a greater presence on the Boards than almost any other rioter save for CM people; if he's kept that up to this day then he must be a legend... a fookin' LEGEND. but seriously, you don't have to agree with all the changes he may or may not be responsible for to appreciate him offering insight into what rito is up to.
: Riot themselves said they did not want to work him in to the Tactician theme. they swain more of a front line bruiser. So Each time I see some one say "new Swain delivers on the tactician fantasy" It makes me laugh. Not to call you out, you are far from the first or last. And with that in mind. Did Riot Succeed at the rework if they hit a goal they clearly stated they themselves where not aiming for?
: > [{quoted}](name=KING OF MASKS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WB3QMXL9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-22T00:44:34.353+0000) > > gotta agree, she seems super lame Every time I see your name, I remember where it's from and die a little on the inside.
> [{quoted}](name=A Superb Villain,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WB3QMXL9,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-02-22T05:23:10.870+0000)Every time I see your name, I remember where it's from and die a little on the inside. ayy, it's been a while but I'm back to break the hearts of everyone who remembers Dawngate :^)
: LS said What I hope for. Swain Should go back on the Rework pile
new Swain delivers on the tactician fantasy, but the DoT/debuff/sustain playstyle was what made Swain for me; have to agree that another rework is in order, either big or small
: Unless we're getting 10 pounds of Void lore soon; Kai'Sa ruins the whole Void fantasy.
ADC Bard (NA)
: Petition to rename Stopwatch to Broken Stopwatch and Broken Stopwatch to Broken broken stopwatch
ADC Bard (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KING OF MASKS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bA8gaMw9,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-20T05:19:44.867+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/pOu9ey4.png Did I forget to mention that the NCR are struggling against a bunch of weirdos who wear ancient roman armor and use throwing spears and machete as primary weapon ? New Vegas logic LUL {{champion:432}}
> [{quoted}](name=ADC Bard,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bA8gaMw9,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-20T07:41:01.888+0000)Did I forget to mention that the NCR are struggling against a bunch of weirdos who wear ancient roman armor and use throwing spears and machete as primary weapon ? > > New Vegas logic LUL > > {{champion:432}} you will not goad me, vagrant
ADC Bard (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheRiddum,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bA8gaMw9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-20T03:45:54.748+0000) > > I just wanted to create my own caeser's legion because all these factions were weak af. ironically the ones with lazor guns and power armor are the weakest and needed to hide from the NCR LUL new vegas lore makes no sense {{champion:432}}
> [{quoted}](name=ADC Bard,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bA8gaMw9,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-20T04:10:13.209+0000)ironically the ones with lazor guns and power armor are the weakest and needed to hide from the NCR LUL > > new vegas lore makes no sense https://i.imgur.com/pOu9ey4.png
YuGiHo (NA)
: Can tank Viktor not become a thing please?
wow that sounds like a really good idea, will definitely try it out
: We can learn from another online game when trying to balance Tristana.
looking to rocket jumping in TF2 for balance is pretty hilarious (it makes soldier unquestionably the best class), but point taken; not a bad idea for Trist
: Why can you still get banned for saying "retarded" in 2018?
I agree, Riot has taken possibly the worst approach to governing player behavior: rather than placing more emphasis on the power of individual players to mute and block, they've taken the sledgehammer approach to eradicating "toxicity" (read: bad words). this is somewhat understandable given concerns over League's image as a game/community, but it's pretty fucked up how heavily speech is policed. sadly many people are on board with it, as is evident in this thread.
: There are currently a lot of champion needing a splash update more than Draven does. Now that MF got her splashes updates, the next one priority wise might be Sivir.
disagree, Draven is surprisingly high up there in terms of outdated art; while Sivir does have a hideous splash (in my opinion anyway), it is far newer (~2012 vs. ~2015, respectively)
: It could be it could not be but I posted what I found and personally I feel its way too close to be just "talent" yanno? like maybe if some of it was the same but its pretty identical with some minor switches
I don't know anything about the technical aspects of art (hopefully you'll get someone more knowledgeable to comment on this thread), but it seems pretty gosh dang suspicious
: Noxus Lore Update is Awsome but where's my boy Vlad???
: Did the artist trace swains new face?
wow, really nice catch; fucking scandalous if that's actually the case
: A Question Regarding Champion Lore Updates and Voice-Overs
excellent points and a 9.5/10 thread, but really, it all coincides with the larger point that League of Legends's storytelling is really sub-par and has been that way, with a few peaks and valleys, for 3-4 years. KempyreanPirate is right in that it does take time to turn a ship the size of Riot around, but while that's happening people lose interest. one can only imagine what things would have been like if they stuck with their original vision: Runeterra's worldbuilding and popularity might have rivaled Warcraft or something similar. but instead we're still stuck with this interminable revamp. (positive note: new Noxus stuff looks pretty decent)
Tyrsfal (NA)
: Garen and Katarina
as far as I'm concerned Garen x Kat is a League of Legends staple, would be absurd if they did retcon it
: Swains new bio sucks ass
yeah, gotta agree that the prose is relatively mediocre ("framed by a crimson sky choking on ash" lol okay buddy). but Swain's new design and character are really super, so I don't mind as much. probably has to do with how my expectations for LoL lore are stuck at zero, but that's just me. --fellow season 2 Swain fanatic
: Men's hair being short is a fashion, and it started with low ranking soldiers (shorter hair > easier to keep clean), there have been many times where long hair is the norm, but only high ranking leaders, and nobility, wouldn't have to tie their hair back. It's just a visual cue. He's a general, but not a _modern_ general.
this is the most reasonable rationale I've found but to me it still doesn't make any sense; new Swain is meant to be a visionary, someone who looks to the future rather than the past, so why would he exemplify an older norm like that? (this is all assuming that Runeterra military/fashion history mirrors the real world, anyway)
Keepe (NA)
: You know, everyone says Malfoy. And I get it. But whenever I see him, I see someone else entirely. https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GBGSbXN7GtE/WHYbZ-pEwQI/AAAAAAAAEQ8/CkPrkaoXhzoNk1_MZjgAGN5vG1JglfqhwCLcB/s640/Julian-Sands-Warlock.jpg ... Darn, I feel old now.
Malfoy is the most recent cultural reference but that also works, hahaha
: I got the impression that it is because he needs to keep up with the noxian high society just as much as the militia. He needs to impress. He looks more like a judge if you ask me. Not an flamboyant hairstyle at all.
> "but he couldn’t care less about what others think of him"
: Swain's hair gives off the appearance of someone who is flamboyant or narcissistic (like Lucius Malfoy). Swain is subtle, and thus should have a subtle haircut and maybe some subtle stubble.
you're god damn right
: Some Discussion on the New Swain
Swain's been my favorite thing in League since season 2, so while Beatrice's (visual) absence is unfortunate this VGU is so much more cohesive that I can live with it; she was cool, but Swain should really be about Noxus first and foremost. and as others have pointed out it's likely that Beatrice will live on in some form as the demon he subdued. more importantly, the hair sucks.
Rioter Comments
: Overall quality of lore for 2017 [poll]
Thanks for all the responses, this level of optimism is heartening.
Sharjo (EUW)
: The issue isn't quality, it's direction. It's the direction that people have issue with. Generally the quality's good.
Wait... you. I remember you. I also remember that a year ago there wasn't much of a clear direction other than creating a roster of characters that fight each other in arenas à la Super Smash Brothers. Has that changed?
Rioter Comments
: One more time!!! animu/waifu thread
https://i.imgur.com/b9MSyfJ.gif
: What is the most satisfying sound in the game for you?
: BE/OE Is giving Riot a lot more trouble than intended
rito: fixing what isn't broken since 2012 :^)
: Pretty sure Rito said Tencent doesn't influence their decisions. Which makes sense, because the reason of Tencent buying Rito was because they couldn't get into the western market with their eastern products, so they made the western designers make games for them.
I've been away from the game for quite a while, so I can't speak with much certainty; but I do remember when Tencent acquired Riot there was a minor uproar in worrying about League becoming P2W, Tencent milking it to death, etc. The new system just rings a few bells, is all.
Gazerix (NA)
: This new loot system will kill this game's F2P player base.
How much of this can be blamed on Tencent, I wonder.
: worse, unless you enjoy changing champs every few months based on what is more broken / busted for that duration. if you like that you gonna have a good time, if you enjoy playing only specific champs, you should stay away. rune system is busted favoring certain champs over others. new champ is busted 1 shots pretty much anyone with very little skill required. ADCs snowball like never before can down a tank in 0 time, do more dmg than nuke mages (not more than new champ tho, she has the highlight there) if you decide to return, good luck, you'll need it
Yeah, looking through the boards/subreddit it seems like the game's in a pretty unfun state. I never liked playing bursty champions so what I've read is pretty discouraging. Thanks for the response though, best of luck to you as well.
Show more

KING OF MASKS

Level 145 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion