: You mean PvP? Yes, there are no bots there (that I know of) but I'm trying to play Cooperative because people is more friendly there, and there's no flame.
You can mute players in game. This will prevent them from flaming you. You can't prevent bots though. I suggest you practice instead of afking. It makes you a better player and you avoid punishments.
: anyone else kinda wanna know who got punished when you get the notification for someone you reported
: Can you fix Leavebuster, please? It punishes players teamed up with bots
Keep trying is all you can do. Maybe blind pick has less bots?
: The Penalty System Is Too Sensitive to False Reports
: This is starting to get really annoying
Don't show your intended pick until after ban phase. This is for your own health. You do not deserve to get angry over something so trivial.
: > [{quoted}](name=KORGtuners,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y3ln7V1Z,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-03T07:07:42.238+0000) > In other words, those 3 reasons do not exist because you should not have to explain yourself.
Tattle telling on me won't make me anymore cooperative. We may converse again after you beg.
: In rift about enemy flaming or provoking you about being bad (for fun or food of thought ur choice)
Video games are less enjoyable for me when they are trying to change my personality.
: Scripts in a low silver game...
WAH. Someone is better than me. God, please smite them. Like, now.
: We already have skill based rewards. They're the end of season rewards for ranked ._.
Fine, just make super hard game modes. I just figured people would appreciate a ribbon commemorating their achievements.
verysalt (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Xidphel,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=lE5H2rZZ,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-07-02T13:39:58.168+0000) > > *bans Zilean* picks zyra and gets S
Um, the problem with one tricks is that it contradicts the words of the greatest fighter that ever lived. "Be as water." Bruce Lee
: > [{quoted}](name=KORGtuners,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BJwcAZJq,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2017-07-02T07:42:11.645+0000) > > The only new reward is the flair in post game. I speculate most people are being fake nice because they think they will rapidly climb honor ranks. I think in a month most of the fake nice will go away. > > You do not need to be honored in order to get keys. You just need to avoid being punished. Honor levels increase the amount of loot you get. Honor levels take a long time to accumulate though (months). There are also Honor Capsules and End of Season rewards, whatever those two things mean. But I still feel like I am being punished for not getting honored (whether that's actually the case or not). I have played 30+ games since the new system went live. No key fragments. Normally in 30+ games I'd have two or maybe even 3 whole keys by now. Now my key fragments seem to be tied to other peoples' approval, which I don't like. I prefer to just mute everyone at the start of a game and concentrate on playing. Now I feel like I have to sacrifice concentration and gameplay for inane, friendly chatter or something in hopes of being rewarded with honors and thus with key fragments.
Personally, I think it's the honor limit. I've had games where I wanted to honor more than one person. Maybe your teams want to honor you more often as well. They just have to pick between two or more people and you get unlucky.
Rioter Comments
Primal Howl (EUNE)
: What is best champ-combo for bot lane ?
: I am having the opposite reaction to it. I agree that fake nice is better than toxic. By far. But on the other hand, tying it to rewards (for me personally) leads to mounting frustration when I receive no honors, because of the perceived lack of progress toward key fragments. Usually by the 2nd of the month I've gotten at least 2 fragments. Since the new honor system? None. It's not because I'm being toxic, because I'm not. I guess I just don't stand out enough to earn honors over others who are more vocal/proactive. Which leads to a spiral effect something like this: I get no honors for a game. Frustration builds due to disappointment over no progress toward key fragments Frustration causes me to play worse. I get no honors because I'm obviously playing badly. I get even more frustrated. Etc... I know people didn't really care about the honor system when there were no rewards involved. And less toxicity would be awesome. Toxicity in the community is what led me to my current habit of muting EVERYONE at the start of each game so I can concentrate on playing and avoid the flaming/arguing/criticism among "teammates". But I feel like tying something as major as key fragments to it is going to cause frustration for a certain segment of players. Which sadly includes me. Since the honor update, my play has worsened to an extremely noticeable degree. Because it literally tilts me when I receive no honors.
> I know people didn't really care about the honor system when there were no rewards involved. The only new reward is the flair in post game. I speculate most people are being fake nice because they think they will rapidly climb honor ranks. I think in a month most of the fake nice will go away. You do not need to be honored in order to get keys. You just need to avoid being punished. Honor levels increase the amount of loot you get. Honor levels take a long time to accumulate though (months).
: 10 man bans and being forced out of my lane
Don't show your pick until after ban phase. Don't be a one trick in ranked. Those will solve the problem 99% of the time. The rest of the time, you are going to be face to face with an asshole. The question is, how are you going to act? As a bit of encouragement, it is possible to turn people around. I remember a game where I was very mean to my team mates. One person was nice to me regardless. That one person ended up changing my emotions simply by being nice while I was being mean. I think they guilt tripped me with niceness.
: Honor System for a Losing Team
Warning! Opinions! Currently, people are under the impression that they will rapidly climb the honor ranks. In a month, when the general public is still level 2 or 3, a lot of people will go back to their old behaviors. I think honor system has little or no effect on toxicity. Toxic behavior is a personality trait. It takes a lot of effort to change a persons personality. The way I see it, if a toxic person is willing to lose their account, they won't give a damn about superficial rewards like ribbons.
Zardo (NA)
: Hey everyone, our ______ has a score of x/y, and they're (insert insult here)
Less worrying about others and more worrying about yourself.
: Honor system tweaks?
> there should be a path to losing honor not just by punishments but through gameplay that isn't necessarily punishable but still irksome. The way I understand it, one doesn't lose honor. One would not gain honor. Theoretical example: Player says "GG EZ" after every game. They won't be able to level up honor but won't lose honor either. My personal speculation: A player will not naturally reach level 5. A level 5 will have no "irksome" offenses and an above average honor count.
Visorian (EUW)
: What exactly am i supposed to do if someone straight up says they're trolling in champ select?
Simurgh (NA)
: Everyone starts off with a clean slate in Honor
Everyone except the permanently suspended accounts.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheDangerousTaco,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6f81IrJs,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-07-01T14:07:30.551+0000) > I thought maybe that people in league are the same way, yet I think there are valid reasons why we** _loose_** a game... > A coupe of examples of this, is whenever we** _loose_** to a jungle gank ( I myself included in this ), we often blame our jungler for not giving pressure, even though he might of just taken rift herald or counter jungled the enemy camp. But if your laner does good, and you **_loose_**, somehow it becomes a common thing to GOD FUCKING DAMMIT. IT'S LOSE. YOU "LOSE" A GAME. YOU "LOSE" YOUR TEMPTER (like me with this post) YOU "LOSE" YOUR BREATH AFTER WORKING OUT. God fucking damn people this is taught in First Grade in most places. Lose =/= Loose Loose = When something is not firm and/or tight. Come on. > [{quoted}](name=TheDangerousTaco,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6f81IrJs,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-07-01T14:07:30.551+0000) > >* on why you guys think league of legends players often try to find scapegoats for losses, despite the fact that there are many factors that can contribute to it. >* What are some of the common scapegoats your encounter in your time playing this game >* And why does league seem to attract this weird behavior. >* And do you think that this is something unique to league of legends players, or is this human nature in general. Anyways... 1. People find excuses because they think they are right and fail to see their own mistakes, thus blame others, because who wants to be wrong right? 2. EVERYONE BLAMES THE GODDAMN FUCKING JUNGLER. As a jungle main, this is one thing that pisses me off the most. It is not my job to win your lane. It is, however, your job to farm, play passively until I come if you can solo kill without fucking up that's fine, just don't fuck up 10 times before 10 minutes. It is not m job to help you if you have died 5 times because of your lack of awareness and constant pushing without wards or summoners. By that time, your laner will require me and someone else to kill them because you're probably down 2 or 3 levels. 3. Refer to number 1.
> It is** not m job** to help you if you have died 5 times because of your lack of awareness and constant pushing without wards or summoners.
: Bot Farm must be easily detect
"Riot bans in waves so the cheaters don't know how they got caught." What they won't admit: Bots have access to an unlimited amount of accounts. Bots are unstoppable. The best Riot can do is detect a bot and ban it.
: I've had a game where three people on my team honored me. That gave me the special end-of-game flair that told everybody else in the lobby that most of my team honored me. However, loading screen flair is only for people who are honor level 3 or higher. The system just came out yesterday, and probably nobody is honor level 3 yet. So you probably didn't miss it. It wasn't supposed to be there.
Thanks. I can't blame this one on old age. I don't usually spend much time in post game, so it will be natural for me to miss notifications I was honored. Until level 3 at least.
Simurgh (NA)
: Let's Chat about Honor
I had a game with multiple honorable people. We won with 4 people against 5. Then the honor screen popped up. I froze. I ended up skipping honor entirely because I did not want to honor just one person. The community brought this issue up 30 days ago. You haven't even told us your plan yet. I was honored in at least one game. I almost overlooked the notification area. I think I missed the load screen flair because my PC broke.
: > [{quoted}](name=KORGtuners,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y3ln7V1Z,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-30T23:05:27.804+0000) > > Nope, bad analogy. > > So, what's the worst that can happen if you honor thyself? Artificially inflated ratings. > > What's the worst that can happen if you report thyself? Account banned. > > HMM. Which one can actually happen? > > Your entire point is so silly anyways. Riot basically made an auto honor yourself built into the new system. Don't trigger any punishment and you get honor points automatically. The premise that you can't honor yourself is the absurd premise, not the analogy. If you can actually explain why you SHOULD be able to honor yourself instead of just stating that you should, I would be open to a discussion. Please explain to me the reasons why honor should be allowed to be given to yourself by yourself.
> Please explain to me the reasons why honor should be allowed to be given to yourself by yourself. How many do I need? Why should I bother explaining? We are in fantasy land. If I played honorably, I should know. If I played dishonorably, I should know. What better way to find out than to ask? But here is where I disagree with your analogy. No opinion is worth more than the other in my fantasy land. There are 11 equal votes.
: > [{quoted}](name=KORGtuners,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y3ln7V1Z,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-06-30T23:13:37.397+0000) > > Perhaps. I don't have enough data to support my claim. > > I do have some assumptions though. League is the only game I have heard of going through this much effort to control player behavior. Most companies hire a third party anti-cheat and are done with it. Riot has created 4 different systems by themselves. Why is Riot spending extra resources on player behavior if they don't have a player behavior problem? > > Bah, sorry, but this is probably a dead end. We need Riot to release statistics before we can have a proper discussion. Um, have you ever played a Blizzard game?
> **Most** companies hire a third party anti-cheat and are done with it. Blizzard was around before "third party anti-cheat" was even a thing. They pretty much had to make their own.
Ulanopo (NA)
: >1 honor allowed >deleted everyones previously earned honor >_No IFS utilization_ Um, I'm pretty sure I got feedback when I received Honor. It said as much in the post-game screen.
Meh, 4/10. Bad timing and too obscure.
: Also, who is saying LOL has the worst community? The people who get banned? The people who want to pull others away from LOL and play another game because they got banned? I think there's a negative reporting bias that is affecting your perception of the LOL community. In the vast majority of my games since I've hit 30, I have run into a very minute number of toxic people. 1-29 were a horrible awful slamming my head into my keyboard awful trek because the pre-30's were a lot of people who got banned for toxicity and leveling up new accounts and were just as toxic as before... I would say overall my experience is neutral and positive with sprinkles of negative. I don't know if my experience is representative of the whole community at level 30 but LOL being the worst community is also not representative of my experience. Maybe we're both exceptions but I don't believe the statement that LOL has the worst community.
> I think there's a negative reporting bias that is affecting your perception of the LOL community. Perhaps. I don't have enough data to support my claim. I do have some assumptions though. League is the only game I have heard of going through this much effort to control player behavior. Most companies hire a third party anti-cheat and are done with it. Riot has created 4 different systems by themselves. Why is Riot spending extra resources on player behavior if they don't have a player behavior problem? Bah, sorry, but this is probably a dead end. We need Riot to release statistics before we can have a proper discussion.
: > [{quoted}](name=KORGtuners,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y3ln7V1Z,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-06-30T22:22:27.248+0000) > > Yet, I can't honor myself. HM That's so people can't artificially inflate their own ratings... That's like asking a restaurant to grade itself and then tell everyone to believe their rating over customer ratings.
Nope, bad analogy. So, what's the worst that can happen if you honor thyself? Artificially inflated ratings. What's the worst that can happen if you report thyself? Account banned. HMM. Which one can actually happen? Your entire point is so silly anyways. Riot basically made an auto honor yourself built into the new system. Don't trigger any punishment and you get honor points automatically.
: Reports are not the opposite of honours. Reporting people is something that is fundamentally important for the game, because it removes toxic people from the community. The ability to report multiple people is necessary because otherwise, you're severely limiting Riot's ability to properly maintain their game. Honouring people is supposed to be an award for good attitude and performance. It's not meant to be taken seriously, and realistically, the game wouldn't be too much worse without it. It's true that there's not much of a case for limiting honours to 1 per game, but you're not really proving it by comparing it to reports. > By the laws of math, 1/10 of the population is allowed to be honored. And no. There are 10 people in a game, each with 1 honour; if distributed perfectly, 100% of the population gets an honour.
You are wrong on all accounts. I'm stuck waiting so I'll indulge a couple. > Reports are not the opposite of honours. Report = Punish an account Honor = Reward an account Uh, looks opposite to me. > Reporting people is something that is fundamentally important for the game, because it removes toxic people from the community. The game doesn't need a non-toxic community. "You personally" feel like you need a non-toxic community. > Honouring people is supposed to be an award for good attitude and performance. It's not meant to be taken seriously, and realistically, the game wouldn't be too much worse without it. That is just depressing and probably why you have so many problems. Spend all your effort focusing on "toxic" and you will find it. Spend all your effort focusing on "honor" and you will find it. > And no. There are 10 people in a game, each with 1 honour For starters, I said "I". As in, I can only honor 1 person. Then the follow up: There are 10 possible honors in a game. There are 100 possible reports. That is still 1:10 ratio.
: So what exactly are you complaining about? The honor system rework? Riot isn't your preschool babysitter, it isn't its duty to rectify toxic schmucks, we will simply ban them by the dozens.
Then computers create new accounts by the hundreds. Who knows how much money and time has been wasted on this impossible problem. I do know it all could have been used elsewhere.
: Why would you report yourself? That just sounds really strange...
Yet, I can't honor myself. HM
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=KORGtuners,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NkdUhv9p,comment-id=000300000000000100000000,timestamp=2017-06-22T21:17:35.960+0000)What do you do if a bird is annoying you with it's song? Bird songs *very* rarely involve racial slurs, encouragement to commit self-harm, or insults directed at my person or at my friends, so I tend to be okay with them. :)
: > [{quoted}](name=KORGtuners,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NkdUhv9p,comment-id=0003000000000001,timestamp=2017-06-22T21:06:42.765+0000)The real common courtesy would be politely asking someone to stop using offensive language. Using the mute button would also be common courtesy. However, people like you skip common courtesy. People like you go straight to &quot;permanently remove this player from the game&quot;. Actually, I do tend to ask someone to stop their behavior as a first step. If they don't, then I will indeed report them. If they do and it's not obviously egregious and obviously intended to offend, then I almost always let them off. You'll see I'm also in favor of the 14-day ban as a warning rather than an immediate removal from the community, as that provides a chance to reform their behavior. So...yeah. I think you're thinking I'm a little more uncompromising than I am. <3
> So...yeah. I think you're thinking I'm a little more uncompromising than I am. <3 Much compromise. If you don't change your ways I am going to report you. If you do change your ways I still might report you. What do you do if a bird is annoying you with it's song?
: > [{quoted}](name=fourthashura,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NkdUhv9p,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2017-06-22T17:56:28.710+0000)Then how is it possible that there are only 0.006% people getting permabanned if on average every three or so games someone just in my team says that, tells others to kill themselves or some other stuff considered heavily offensive? Because League's playerbase is enormous, certain MMRs probably contain more toxicity than others, and many of them probably correct that behavior after a warning ban. Also, to some extent, toxicity breeds toxicity: players who tend to engage toxic players instead of ignoring them often prompt escalating toxic behavior. My own experience, for example, is that I encounter a player saying things like that less than one out of every ten games, and probably less than one out of every thirty. I can't honestly recall the last time I got someone telling another player in my game to harm themselves. >Its homophobic meaning has been gone for some time In some groups, perhaps (although the meaning still _exists_ -- they've just repurposed the word). Culturally? No. The third Google link is still that term's pejorative slang usage. You don't know who you're playing with, or what words they consider offensive, so it's common courtesy to avoid those that have been historically charged with prejudice and derogatory meanings. I'd also point out that if you're using the word as an insult, then the pejorative meaning still exists. Otherwise it wouldn't be a word you use TO insult someone.
> You don't know who you're playing with, or what words they consider offensive, so it's common courtesy to avoid those that have been historically charged with prejudice and derogatory meanings. You get the same thing Riot got. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Facepalm baby. The real common courtesy would be politely asking someone to stop using offensive language. Using the mute button would also be common courtesy. However, people like you skip common courtesy. People like you go straight to "permanently remove this player from the game".
: If you were nice to them, maybe they would play something else that could peel. If you were nice to them, maybe you would be playing something else that doesn't require much peel. If you were nice to them, your game is going to be more pleasant regardless.
> Pretty sure I already said this before but picking utility based marksmen like Varus, Sivir, Ashe is picking for your team. That is not what "picking for your team" means. "Picking for your team" requires looking at what champions your team is playing. ONLY THEN, do you attempt synergy. Examples: jungler picks amumu, so you pick miss fortune. Your team has no tanks, so you pick very safe. This is where the open mindedness comes in. Willingness to change your pick according to the teams needs or wants. You are doing the exact opposite. > I already told you **why I would not play** those high mobility champions. Reason being is because** I wanted to play Varus**. ` > Do you like nice people? > Do you like mean people? > > By liking yourself, you will have more pleasant games than by hating yourself. > > Irrelevant. You are very relevant. I want you to enjoy life.
: Starts match as top laner Mid laner: "Don't feed Yi( enemy top laner) me{{champion:80}} : "Ok" _Yi get's first blood on me_ {{champion:80}} How did I mess that up so ba- Mid-laner(insert squishy mage here):"I SAID DON'T FEED YI" Happened a while ago, and this is what happened, pretty sure we won though.
Did you know? It only takes one death to be an unintentional feeder.
: so basically a worse version of hots
I'm ok with that. Someone has to place second.
: Remove all items tomorrow. Gold is now purely used to buy potions and mini jungle buffs. There's also less of it. In fact, remove all the violence. Everybody should share experience on one team until everybody wins. Yay! ~~giving your enemy power by being garbo is part of the learning process~~
NO. I downvoted you. This is my idea don't ruin it.
: The edge of what is and isn't inting, IMO
It only takes one death to be an intentional feeder.
Rioter Comments
: If you're toxic take it from me...
Nothing about this game is worth.
IHateLoL7 (EUW)
: THE ROBOTS ARE BACK!
They won't disappear. Now what?
: You're right, this kind of data would be exhaustive to collect. Even riot doesn't have the kind of data required to look into this. Certainly, and I have drawn similar conclusions myself about young people out of school. However, you would think that both teams would experience the same disadvantage if school being out was the major player here. I've considered perhaps my intolerance for mouthy children may play into this or maybe my late game carry play style is not favored when playing with young emotionally unstable children (i.e. easily tilted early). It's been 3 years now and I still haven't come to a certain conclusion.
Riot _could_ help with some generalizations. For instance, which months have the most chat restrictions.
FKLANA (EUNE)
: Tantram, can I really type "I am rubber and you are glue, bounces off me and sticks to you, PERIOD!"
Passive aggressive. I would report. I come from a cloth family and we don't like to be called glue.
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/dRQQOmfN-permanent-ban-appeals?comment=0001 would love a reply from someone who ACTUALLY plays the game
Send in a support ticket and ask Riot yourself.
: he just follows me around non stop telling people where i am what im doing .....
If you mute him, you wouldn't know that. You ask for advice but won't take it. Fair enough.
: Why in the vs AI there are only farming bot??????
Welcome to the new player experience.
Show more

KORGtuners

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion