Kagagiou (NA)
: LP, Champion Mastery Rank in match, Trolls, and YOU!
FOLKS folks. Let's calm down. Like I brought up, it would merely, MERELY be a modifier and only used if you have someone getting reported for trolling or inting or things of that nature. It's not the 'End all Be all' system. And only as a modifier. If someone is 0/14/1 ADC then something. (Aka: the infamous Shaclone / Tyler1 etc thing where people swore up and down they were trolling no matter how good or bad they did.) This modifier would permit a slightly steeper penalty or reward pending on evidence found. The 'Mastery Rank' is only to give a snapshot before having to asses and I only brought up Mastery because it would hold as a fair snapshot in GENERAL. So when match is reviewed, they'll have an idea if there really was init or what not. Sorry I wasn't on sooner. ASUS + Win10 bugs = Broke.
Ulanopo (NA)
: Okay, for the sake of discussion, we've decided we're going to use "below average" performance as a metric. I disagree with this pretty strongly, but we can run with it for a bit. * I recently had a match where I was first pick solo queuing in flex. I picked Sona and our opponents went Ashe / Thresh, which is a fairly hard counter. We lost, partially because we simply couldn't get any traction at bot. How would your system address situations like this? * If your match grade is going to trigger a feeding review and modify LP earned/lost, people are going to start gaming the system. It already seems unduly tilted toward damage done, kills/assists and winning. Can you maintain system integrity with millions of players looking for weaknesses to exploit? * The LP system already has some oddities. Have you considered how your changes would affect movement within the ranks?
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5dQEmRHG,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-11T17:41:03.239+0000) > > Okay, for the sake of discussion, we've decided we're going to use "below average" performance as a metric. I disagree with this pretty strongly, but we can run with it for a bit. > > * I recently had a match where I was first pick solo queuing in flex. I picked Sona and our opponents went Ashe / Thresh, which is a fairly hard counter. We lost, partially because we simply couldn't get any traction at bot. How would your system address situations like this? > > * If your match grade is going to trigger a feeding review and modify LP earned/lost, people are going to start gaming the system. It already seems unduly tilted toward damage done, kills/assists and winning. Can you maintain system integrity with millions of players looking for weaknesses to exploit? > > * The LP system already has some oddities. Have you considered how your changes would affect movement within the ranks? This is why I push for discussions when things are suggested, can hack a few problems out that haven't been seen right from the start. Now for the topics brought up. The LP system having oddities, yes, I'm aware of that. However, the 'proposed' system could award or deduct points after the fact if a review has been triggered (aka: reports). The rank does not trigger the review on it's own, but a low rate, plus say 5+ Reports should cause a review to see if there is a bad match up or there was intent. Some are vocal when they do the trolling and what not (the pre game lobby being a place where folks do it for some reason). Like stated, it's not a hard system and needs to be reviewed and adjusted, BUT the ranking SHOULD help if there's reports of int feeding, but not a deciding factor... just a couple points here or there (moreso designed for penalizing trolls and such, but intention is hard to tell sometimes). Second point, people gaming the system. We've all heard of the 95% win rate Teemo main from Korea who already games the system as well as allegedly Brofesco for his vids and other folks. There will be a bit of people trying to take advantage of it, but to be honest, all systems have flaws and people will manipulate if they see how. It's the nature of the beast unfortunately in that case. As this system is made for more of a modifier (not penalizing those doing exceptionally well because of a loss for whatever reason and penalizing the alleged 'Shaclone trolls every game except the ones he puts up' allegations for people. Yes, it'll be manipulated for some, but we already have BOOSTED people running around do we not? Last point (though first on the list I'm replying to of course.) Your ranks didn't end in D did they? Though yes, games where you're hard countered would be harder to deal with, this system (again) is merely a modifier to detour negative behavior and reward good behavior. The ranking as proposed is more for assisting reviews and rewarding or punishing in kind (after all, people tend to want trolls reported and since the damage they do in game is already done, modifying their LP to help the doomsday of lower rank for throwing a fit should help. Though again, if reports trigger a review, the results of the review should be what dictates the deductions. I put the ranking up more as a modest estimation of trolls and int feedings. That's why the modifiers were not massive as there's ways around everything. But I do thank you for bringing these up, I'll continue to think upon this to see if there's a better way to adjust to those situations.
Ulanopo (NA)
: This is an interesting idea, but it doesn't address the complex problem at the heart of Feederbuster: _How do you determine intent?_ I recently had a game where mid fed pretty hard, which let their mid and jungle roll right over the rest of us when it came time for skirmishes and team fights. I got a C- for that match. I certainly wasn't feeding, but your system would assume I was. That isn't fair, especially when you consider I had no control over my mid, I didn't create the situation that led to dying so often in the later stages of the game. Another recent example: I was faced with an enemy Akali who kept skirting team fights to jump me and my ADC, ignoring our (very fed) Nasus. The Akali would generally only get one of us, then get spattered all over the Rift. Eventually I clipped her with a Crescendo as she engaged, which led to me actually surviving, so we pushed up mid and ended the match (thank you, {{item:3504}} on Sona). I only got a B- and we all know how much the rating system rewards winning. Again, under your system, I would have been punished. How do you intend to address that?
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5dQEmRHG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-12-11T17:01:05.289+0000) > > This is an interesting idea, but it doesn't address the complex problem at the heart of Feederbuster: > > _How do you determine intent?_ > > I recently had a game where mid fed pretty hard, which let their mid and jungle roll right over the rest of us when it came time for skirmishes and team fights. I got a C- for that match. I certainly wasn't feeding, but your system would assume I was. That isn't fair, especially when you consider I had no control over my mid, I didn't create the situation that led to dying so often in the later stages of the game. > > Another recent example: I was faced with an enemy Akali who kept skirting team fights to jump me and my ADC, ignoring our (very fed) Nasus. The Akali would generally only get one of us, then get spattered all over the Rift. Eventually I clipped her with a Crescendo as she engaged, which led to me actually surviving, so we pushed up mid and ended the match (thank you, {{item:3504}} on Sona). I only got a B- and we all know how much the rating system rewards winning. Again, under your system, I would have been punished. > > How do you intend to address that? C is the 'average' so penalties would only come if you drop below that to a point. (D for example.) Like I said, I was only proposing an idea but if you get a B- you're not going to be hampered. C just means you get the LP as it stands (13 for winning, 26 for losing with the example) so there will be no additional bonus or penalty to your LP if you get a C and very minor if any at C-. Now for intention, I know that one's pretty hard to read, especially of it's reviewed and the pre game lobby isn't looked at or chats not looked at, and that person would literally have to be, "I'm Tyler1'ing this!" Grab tears then run down mid. Unless that overly obvious, it is difficult to tell. But this is also why I state that it would most certainly need to be tuned and adjusted. I see your concern clearly, I've had games like that where me ADCing meant me C-, so I would be hit with a penalty in my own proposed system. Even though I was trying my damnedest, I just cannot ADC for anything. But that's why the discussion to see where there are flaw and work them out. Thank you for bringing up points I hadn't immediately considered.
Rioter Comments
: Can Rito nerf rage blade again? It keeps leaking into top lane due to "certain" champions {{champion:96}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:24}} Champions shouldn't be carried by items like that in a game about skill and timing. Devourer being 35 stacks was certainly a step forward. I suggest another step be taken forward. The meta will shift in a better direction if it does.
> [{quoted}](name=CrossbowRanger,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=YGbfRGaw,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2016-03-26T08:39:20.401+0000) > > Can Rito nerf rage blade again? It keeps leaking into top lane due to "certain" champions {{champion:96}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:24}} > Champions shouldn't be carried by items like that in a game about skill and timing. Devourer being 35 stacks was certainly a step forward. I suggest another step be taken forward. > The meta will shift in a better direction if it does. All I'm gonna say is this: When a support Nami can build a rage blade, with no other ad items, and takes 1.5 turrets and an inhib in the time it takes a 4v5 to go on in bot lane... something, somewhere, is wrong.
Rioter Comments
Makalai (NA)
: Grade not appearing after games.
Mastery ranks matter for something... ergo, why a good chunk have stopped their 'climb' and went to normals. Just putting that out there. And yeah, it seems buggy. Maybe it's just my account where I don't see anything if I get a key or higher.
: I believe that only happens when you get an S-, S, or S+ grade, and is an indicator that you got a chest or key fragment. It should have popped up with a notification that you did, otherwise it might be a small bug.
> [{quoted}](name=SlayerTay6,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=n6sbc5Mt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-03-16T02:46:31.823+0000) > > I believe that only happens when you get an S-, S, or S+ grade, and is an indicator that you got a chest or key fragment. It should have popped up with a notification that you did, otherwise it might be a small bug. No, just rank in general. If you get anything over an A (key fragment) that's when it doesn't show. But these boxes man, I've seem more plats, diamonds, golds, and who knows what else today. I guess ranking is on a time out until everyone gets their boxes because we all know... ranking has a chance to lose, go to normals where those lower folks play. Mop the floor with'em. I SUPPOSE it'll die down after they get the skins they were looking for and what not.
: still going versus tanks you will have to poke or sustain the damage vi is a fighter in design sustained damage was always part of her design despite how people built her
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4yzuYE2d,comment-id=0011000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-08T01:01:56.480+0000) > > still going versus tanks you will have to poke or sustain the damage vi is a fighter in design sustained damage was always part of her design despite how people built her So they need to remove the 'assassin' part from her from what you're saying. Sort've like they need to add 'fighter' to Akali since everyone is building her tanky.
: assassins are supposed to burst squishy targets in a combo not poke everyone or bust tanks
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4yzuYE2d,comment-id=00110000,timestamp=2016-03-07T05:37:40.903+0000) > > assassins are supposed to burst squishy targets in a combo not poke everyone or bust tanks Vi didn't poke. And yes, she burst squishy targets so much faster. Was just able to burst down tanks too. People are so use to Tank Vi that going actual assassin with the damages seems to shock folks.
Arie (NA)
: Community Skin Spotlight
Star Guardian Urgot: Clear your lane in record time... or get the 5 man party in record time... not sure which...
: What is the counterplay to Quinn top?
Pends on your play style. I've, quite figuratively, destroyed a Quinn with a Teemo of all people. Quinn is one of those 'dick move' champions you put top to, well, just be a dick. Teemo seems to do fine, "Blind me and I'll blind you back!" It's all pending on play style. If you're good with Ryze, you can use him too.
Azernak0 (NA)
: Akali Jungle?
Start with a good leash and I would presume it'd be fine. If a Teemo can jungle, virtually ANYONE short of a support can jungle... and EVEN THEN!
: I'm fine with the lore power creep creeping higher and higher. Great post though.
> [{quoted}](name=Placentas,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hAAENp3A,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-03-04T07:16:17.617+0000) > > I'm fine with the lore power creep creeping higher and higher. Great post though. Meanwhile, on the Rift, Teemo and Lux just start laughing and resuming the random killings of ALL these beings because a scout and a spell thief can clearly hold their own against gods. LOL :D And then... there's this person... {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} Who just doesn't care and shoots everyone.
: Why I don't play leagues like I used to
I find it funny that Akali has been built tanky so often now days because she can do enough damage in a tanky build, like Darius, or many bruisers. If this trend continues, can we just add 'Fighter' to Akali to make her make sense because ASSASSIN clearly isn't it. As for the multi-dash, I understand needing engage, then I look at Vi, Q and R for an engage, that's two. Or Malph, dives in, or Rammus rolls in... I don't see Malph bouncing from front line with his pop up dash, then to back line with the pop up dash, or Vi chokeslamming 3 people in a chain. "The R is OP..." So is the R... "Where ya runnin'?" R, "Stop runnin'...." R, "Cute flash, you're dead now. Oh look, a new squishy!" R!
: Riot please, i'm sick of AFK'ers throttling my LP!
{{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} I know investigating a few games will be painful, but if Mid gets ganked twice in a minute and a half then puts in All: "OPEN MID" and yells to their team that they are going AFK or that sort, then there should be consideration there, or penalize if people make the error of screaming their proof (and if you are following their stream, which is another point of stupid in my view, which I'll go over momentarily), they SHOULD be penalized, but in most cases, they aren't. Now for the other point I just brought up... when you go into game and advertise your stream (especially you high elo mothers...), don't rage on your team when 'the enemy knew I was in this bush'! Because there are a few folks who would happily look up your stream and keep an eye on that just to troll you. "There's a Delay!" Yeah, but it's not a 3 minute spectator delay, it's a few seconds at best... a CONSIDERABLE difference. But that is another issue for another day.
: i dont know why you are getting downvoted for this, i agree more or less. Like i was saying at the end of the post, in laning phase you can lose your whole outer turrent in one back, not even having to get killed, just because you didnt push the wave out and they get back before you. Or they have a TP support for some reason. Plus now 2nd drag gives you a burn on your attacks vs towers, and two are really easy to get even if you are losing substantially
> [{quoted}](name=Quantum313,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nMPaEtof,comment-id=000f000000000002,timestamp=2016-03-02T23:53:04.040+0000) > > i dont know why you are getting downvoted for this, i agree more or less. Like i was saying at the end of the post, in laning phase you can lose your whole outer turrent in one back, not even having to get killed, just because you didnt push the wave out and they get back before you. Or they have a TP support for some reason. Plus now 2nd drag gives you a burn on your attacks vs towers, and two are really easy to get even if you are losing substantially I've seen first turret going down because of a back since one person has good enough wave clear to push the wave in rapidly to get to turret and take it down. Towers do need a small adjustment, though some folks just love the "Look ma! Get the camera! I took out a lvl 1 tower in a single minion wave! YAY BEER! I mean, AD!"
: ''inspiration'' XD
> [{quoted}](name=Abatrox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yPUXEzUy,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-03-02T23:00:52.392+0000) > > ''inspiration'' XD YES! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Hunstoppable,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O8prYsAp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-03-02T17:36:41.993+0000) > You can't tell Gold how to play their role. Yeah, lets play Tank {{champion:222}} or AP/Mana{{champion:86}}
> [{quoted}](name=SMURF HENEKTON,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O8prYsAp,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2016-03-02T18:48:26.268+0000) > > Yeah, lets play Tank {{champion:222}} or AP/Mana{{champion:86}} Meanwhile, in top lane with TANK ASSASSIN Akali... :D {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Prozzak (NA)
: Long death timers are the only reason teams behind ever have a chance to win a single game. Remove the long death timers and everygame is decided by the 15 minute mark instead of just 80-90%.
> [{quoted}](name=Totallity,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nMPaEtof,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2016-03-02T22:48:44.556+0000) > > Long death timers are the only reason teams behind ever have a chance to win a single game. Remove the long death timers and everygame is decided by the 15 minute mark instead of just 80-90%. A good chunk of games people scream to FF at 10 minutes, so I guess that holds.
: Why u can only WATCH ARAM and Normale now in the WATCH NOW MODE ?
> [{quoted}](name=FinalJowël,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yukEAx2G,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-03-02T15:51:39.751+0000) > > My question is sample ... why we can only click ¨Watch NOW ¨ and suggest ARAM or NORMAL Blind pick ??!? Why we cant see ranked , we can before ? No ? I think it's the whole, "If you don't see ranked folks doing it, you won't likely copy it." Because ya know... Streaming... youtube... :D What're THOSE!? No but seriously, no idea.
: Morgan Freeman needs to do this, it might cost some money (paying Morgan Freeman), but hey I would pay Rito some money for this.
> [{quoted}](name=Wolfram Oxford,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E8JiObMb,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2016-03-02T15:53:12.772+0000) > > Morgan Freeman needs to do this, it might cost some money (paying Morgan Freeman), but hey I would pay Rito some money for this. "Ya get busy Farming, or get busy dying." -An ally has been slain.
: i love how we cant have more than 3 bans (per team) because ''it would shit on whole champions pools'' but smite does it with way less champions and its fine..... you stole heroes of the storm champ select, chroma skins and mastery lvl but you cant steal that ? which is actually needed ?
> [{quoted}](name=Abatrox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yPUXEzUy,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-03-02T21:33:38.441+0000) > > i love how we cant have more than 3 bans (per team) because ''it would shit on whole champions pools'' but smite does it with way less champions and its fine..... you stole heroes of the storm champ select, chroma skins and mastery lvl but you cant steal that ? which is actually needed ? This is the PC age, steal is such a 'triggering' word. Let us call it... "Modified Borrowing of ideals."
: Death timers are broken
Here's the thing in general, with weak towers, it's not a 'comeback' it's a WWE match. "Pwn pwn pwn pwn pwn" For 30 minutes. Oops, wrong move. "OMG! Did you see that COLE!? Out of no where! 45-10 becomes the 10 winnning because of a 5 man gank on a solo tank, then a pick off of the guy who was basing beside a stealth ward! What an upset!" Cole: "...I saw that coming actually because, what are even towers?"
: The thing is, it really isn't the Death Timers... it's the super weak state of the Turrets that aren't even a speed bump on the way to the Nexus. For instance, in Season 5 the exact same thing would have happened with the Death Timers, but they wouldn't have made it all the way to your Nexus so you'd have been up in time to Defend, still with your Item Advantage (as they would have instantly pushed instead of backing to buy). Then it's on them to decide to continue that push... which SHOULD result in them being aced and you Winning... or backing to safety, closing that Item Advantage through spending that Ace Money, and being much closer in Objectives from what they cleared while you were dead. Basically, putting them back close to equal footing. Instead, Turrets are so weak, it's now Game Over. They scale those Turrets back up, it will be more as it should be. If you lose 1 late game, don't try to 4v5. Sometimes you have to listen to Elise (sp?) and LET IT GOOOOO, LET IT GOOOO!
> [{quoted}](name=KillerKell,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nMPaEtof,comment-id=000f00000000,timestamp=2016-03-02T19:47:13.992+0000) > > The thing is, it really isn't the Death Timers... it's the super weak state of the Turrets that aren't even a speed bump on the way to the Nexus. > > For instance, in Season 5 the exact same thing would have happened with the Death Timers, but they wouldn't have made it all the way to your Nexus so you'd have been up in time to Defend, still with your Item Advantage (as they would have instantly pushed instead of backing to buy). > > Then it's on them to decide to continue that push... which SHOULD result in them being aced and you Winning... or backing to safety, closing that Item Advantage through spending that Ace Money, and being much closer in Objectives from what they cleared while you were dead. Basically, putting them back close to equal footing. > > Instead, Turrets are so weak, it's now Game Over. > > They scale those Turrets back up, it will be more as it should be. > > If you lose 1 late game, don't try to 4v5. Sometimes you have to listen to Elise (sp?) and LET IT GOOOOO, LET IT GOOOO! Yeah, turrets are NOT much better. "I am... a glorified... canon minion." It's just a combination of Aw hell-ness.
: Get a lead. Watch for 15 minutes the slow struggle. Other lanes are not even close to doing anything to possibly win the game. The jungler is helping them the entire time and not you. Their team knows you are the only threat and proceeds to 5 man gank you for the rest of the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Hunstoppable,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q7R4Ap5n,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-03-02T14:51:38.246+0000) > > Get a lead. > > Watch for 15 minutes the slow struggle. > > Other lanes are not even close to doing anything to possibly win the game. > > The jungler is helping them the entire time and not you. > > Their team knows you are the only threat and proceeds to 5 man gank you for the rest of the game. I've seen that so many times. Or ya know, have someone pick a Teemo to pull that kind of aggro. :D Then it's a 5 man gank to the good player, which rotates back to Teemo!
: Wait. So let me get this right. You have a Lead in Items, due to the Gold/Kill Lead. Then your Jungle screws up... and instead of pulling back to defend with 4 you instead get yourself Aced. And you're upset you lost? Why? You deserved to lose. You failed to take the Advantage and close out the game, that's on your team. You were punished for making a really bad decision int he late game.
> [{quoted}](name=KillerKell,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nMPaEtof,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2016-03-02T19:31:51.855+0000) > > Wait. > > So let me get this right. > > You have a Lead in Items, due to the Gold/Kill Lead. > > Then your Jungle screws up... and instead of pulling back to defend with 4 you instead get yourself Aced. > > And you're upset you lost? Why? You deserved to lose. > > You failed to take the Advantage and close out the game, that's on your team. You were punished for making a really bad decision int he late game. I agree with you 90% here. It was certainly a bad call. But that's one bad call that ended a game with a substantial lead. It's like those games where a team has an advantage, goes to do baron and runs into Teemo shrooms or whatever and gets themselves aced that way, or lose at least 2 or 3 people. Normally not the case, but seriously, how many matches have you personally seen where 1 bad call got 1 or 2 people killed and enemy team just steamrolled over the nexus anyway? I think that's what is meant.
: BoxBox isn't a one trick though. He's able to play more than just Riven at a challenger level. I'd feel worse for someone like Tobias Fate who only plays Twisted Fate and Gangplank (he plays them in all roles).
> [{quoted}](name=PuffyP,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FmGnMoUG,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-02T18:46:12.222+0000) > > BoxBox isn't a one trick though. He's able to play more than just Riven at a challenger level. I'd feel worse for someone like Tobias Fate who only plays Twisted Fate and Gangplank (he plays them in all roles). True enough. I was just giving a general example. But yeah, the 1 trick ponies might be in trouble. :D
Iqqi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rozair,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nMPaEtof,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2016-03-02T17:26:17.708+0000) > > Riot is terrible at everything aside from the base game concept I know they are smart people. They have to be to get the jobs they have. They are just "doer's" they are not project designers, analysts, or anything else you would absolutely need in order to be successful designing new features for League. They are people who are given a specific directive and they execute that. I like to compare this with programmers I have worked with. If you ask them to build something, they will build something that performs the exact task required, but in doing so they break a ton of other things. Why? Because they lack imagination and they lack the ability to consider the whole picture. A project leader would identify the issues, determine a possible solution, determine what effects said solution would have and how it would effect other processes. None of those things appear to be happening with Riot inc. No one is saying "well what could the mastery system one day look like" and design it with the idea in mind it could be expanded upon. No one at Riot building the mobile app stops to think about what other features they could one day add and built it with the idea it could be expanded. Sure on the one hand Riot has not expanded on a single feature release to my knowledge with the exception of adjusting for bugs. It is disheartening. They need a captain who is capable of looking at the big picture. They do not need engineers. They need a project manager and a project analyst.
> [{quoted}](name=CancerKillz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nMPaEtof,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2016-03-02T17:40:09.720+0000) > > I know they are smart people. They have to be to get the jobs they have. They are just "doer's" they are not project designers, analysts, or anything else you would absolutely need in order to be successful designing new features for League. They are people who are given a specific directive and they execute that. I like to compare this with programmers I have worked with. If you ask them to build something, they will build something that performs the exact task required, but in doing so they break a ton of other things. Why? Because they lack imagination and they lack the ability to consider the whole picture. A project leader would identify the issues, determine a possible solution, determine what effects said solution would have and how it would effect other processes. None of those things appear to be happening with Riot inc. > > No one is saying "well what could the mastery system one day look like" and design it with the idea in mind it could be expanded upon. No one at Riot building the mobile app stops to think about what other features they could one day add and built it with the idea it could be expanded. Sure on the one hand Riot has not expanded on a single feature release to my knowledge with the exception of adjusting for bugs. It is disheartening. They need a captain who is capable of looking at the big picture. They do not need engineers. They need a project manager and a project analyst. This. It reminds me of that "Dark Knight Rises" scene that Alfred went on about. "There were bandits attacking villages in Birma... We gave them rubies... One day, saw a girl playing with a ruby the size of her head, the bandits were giving them away." Bruce asks, "Why did they do that?" "Because some men cannot be reasoned with, or bargained with... some men, just want to watch the world burn." Later Bruce inevitably asks, "So that story, how did you catch the bandits?" "We burned down the forest." Sounded like a legit plan, got the job done... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut then you think about everything that was caused by BURNING DOWN THE FOREST TO CATCH A FEW BANDITS! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX9oV6RgL6g That's sort've how this seems in terms of Death Timers. "I was 10 and 0. I passed one of the enemy stealth wards that I didn't know was there. Suddenly, it was a 1v5 and I wasn't Vayne, or Kat, or Karth or anyone like that. I was a Garen. Darius was angry. Lux was having a bad hair day. Cait's hat was squished and she was REALLY not in the mood for anything. As my team came to assist me, I realized, they were busy at Baron! Scuttler was down..." Yi: "Wait, you listed 3 people on the enemy team, you can handle 3. Why did you say 5?" Garen takes a breath, "Number 4 was Soraka, I wasn't worried about her doing damage, but the fifth member..." Notices Teemo walk into the area with his hands in the air and a smile. "He... shroomed everything." "Everything?" "EVERYTHING! I thought he could only have 24 on the map... we hit... all, 24... in ONE fight. My team died on the river in a vain attempt to get to me while I kept losing sight of Darius. In my vain attempt to run, I found at least 3 of his mushrooms on my own." "What... was his score?" Garen slumps over, "His first 5 and only kills the entire 50 minute game. He got 1 penta kill because we tried to regroup..." Katarina falls over laughing in the background, "DUDE, you suck!"
: @Riot, I would pay money to be able to use different in-game announcers
> [{quoted}](name=MilfHuntUnitM1T,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E8JiObMb,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-03-01T21:49:46.627+0000) > > I would pay IP/RP to have announcer packs in game (you designed) that we can use instead of the default announcer. > > I miss the old {{champion:41}} announcer from the Bilgewater event and it still sucks that the whole thing went away after just a week. Okay, this is amusing. The game 'Evil Zone' had this implimented too. The way that game broke it down, if you beat the story mode (in this case, own the champion with at least 1 other skin), they gave an option to have the character do the announcing part. Though it could be creepy if you had a Teemo announcer... "Captain Teemo sees your Quadra... STOP ATTACKING TRISTANA!" or "Heh heh heh, You have slain a Rumble. GOOD JOB!" or even... "I am pleased... Pentakill." Okay, maybe not that, just the same lines as the announcer, though you could get more lore jab liners in announcements. >.>' Playing Kat and having Kat as an announcer. "Pentakill? Cause I can."
: To be honnest, the same happend on 50 minutes previous season. Players just have to stop play deadmatch faster.
> [{quoted}](name=CoolKnightST,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nMPaEtof,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-03-02T09:56:53.856+0000) > > To be honnest, the same happend on 50 minutes previous season. Players just have to stop play deadmatch faster. Comedically, I suggested a DM game style and broke it down on how it could run and asked for suggestions to make it cleaner and better... it got down voted faster than Brian Griffen's Death Timer on Family Guy.
: Can someone help me get off tilt.
If I may: Hit up an ARAM (it's all random so just treat it as mechanic play). Then review that. See if there's steps in your game that might be causing errors. I know that's not going to fix the tilt thing as you can get team mates that are as useful as Sona fist fighting Vi with her eyes closed, no ult, 40 hps, and in the minion cocoon of doom. Double check your CSing, then get a friend or two to practice ganking you. Find out where your blind spots are, have them look over your laning style (you might get yourself caught out, though you don't see it, it could be JUST ENOUGH for an easy Lee gank or what not). After those things, if you have enough, play a few games with friends, just normals or customs, then review those games and see what is causing a problem. - Are objectives not being pushed when you clearly can? - Is there roaming opportunity being overlooked? - If ganked, was there a ward? If there was, how did they get around it? Small things like this. It sounds like a little work (and it is in some regards), it's the first step in cleaning up your personal play. You can't control your team mates, but do what you can to minimize your errors and help take advantage of situations when you can.
Tentaku (EUNE)
: Do you prefer tank-meta or assassin-meta?
Vi was my baby girl tank melting jungler that gave no F's or Teemos about anyone she ran across. Lvl 4 Dragon, then punch an ADC and I've never seen a pair of champions run so fast in my life, with or without ult, I've burned more flashes then... insert a Flash dance joke here somewhere. Even with the tank meta, I built Vi as the Tank Killer. That was literally her WHOLE friggin' JOB. If a tank withstood Vi for 4 seconds, I called them a success... they were still DEAD, but a success all the same. Assassin meta just seems more annoying to me, but then again... what are assassin's suppose to do? Not tickle. Burst a target, get moving then pick out another. Do people forget what Assassin means? I mean, I know Akali is all 'tank akali' now but seriously... ASSASSINS! C'MON! And it strangely makes games far quicker... as opposed to the 56 minute, "I'll never give up, and neither will my Duo partner, who cares if it's 98 to 3." Though to be honest, people are well... trolls. They wouldn't end the game because THEY are having fun, while the other team has the three AFK after trying to quit at 20, 30, 40 and all the times they can in between... AND THOSE 3 get reamed out for leaving in game when 2 are purposely keeping them there on a no win situation and other team is just running around playing 'TOUCHDOWN' and "Fountain Diver PENTA test GO!"
: Minions should laugh when they are hit with spells that deal magic damage.
Could be easy, put a Lux or Teemo laugh, they'll learn real quick. :D
: wai!!!!!!???? PEople read items and champ skills on this game? maybe you guys should increase font size or try using bold letters {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Shh... {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
Lugg (NA)
: I fall into that category and I have over 30 champs rank 3 or higher. Try again.
If that is applied, I feel bad for Boxbox and the 'one trick ponies' out there. :D I'm still learning other champs so I'm not doing rank in the first damn place, but I try to go 3 per role so I always have SOMETHING accessible when I did in S5...
Ralanr (NA)
: Or a tv/web series because a movie isn't enough to give all champions the credit their mains want. Or books!
Books, what're THOSE!? No but seriously, a web series at least.
: > [{quoted}](name=FadedYordle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mBzXLvPE,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-03-01T14:13:11.722+0000) > > or the enemy team typing "gg ez" is not a good experience in my book. But what if the opponent is playing as {{champion:81}} and legitimatley had a good game?
> [{quoted}](name=Skilled Theory,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mBzXLvPE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-03-01T16:27:26.974+0000) > > But what if the opponent is playing as {{champion:81}} and legitimatley had a good game? Common situation: There is no Ez, only Vayne. {{champion:67}} : When did we start fighting beginner bots? {{champion:67}} : Hah, 1v5, Noobs! {{champion:67}} : GG EZ {{champion:67}} : I do love the Freelo.
: My Ori build rushes {{item:3020}} and {{item:3135}}, and will often take {{item:3151}} for last item. Mpen is legit strong.
I have to agree with Steeben on this one. Shoes, okay, I can see that, then get a little AP power and keep an eye on your opposing laner. If they are building MR hard, then it's Shoes, Power, Pen, Power, Pen. Although I like where your head is at overall, get the pen out and done early... but power could've gotten you a couple of kills while they barely made it out. If you really feel you need a little something for the buck, hit up the {{item:3001}} to add a touch of resist while cutting a flat amount of their MR. But if you don't want MR and wanna hit straight pen, then Pen, Power, Pen, Power. So you have a little punch at least.
Rioter Comments
TehNACHO (NA)
: Why do people complain when a Bruiser can kill a squishy?
This is just combat logic to me. {{champion:122}} : *Runs right for my Teemo* {{champion:17}} : "Uh, Summoner... Plan?" Me: "Well, it's a big mother F'er, with a big F'ing axe. RUN Yordle, RUUUUUUUUUUUUN!" {{champion:17}} : "So you're saying Bail. Right!" *Runs for his life* "Big axe, little body, I'm not wanting to take that hit!!" Why, oh why, would you want to get hit with... Huge metal gloves. Giant Sword. Giant Axe. I mean, it's like real life, would you rather a fly run into you, or a Semi-Truck?
: no point in a 1v1. people think there is but there isn't.
Strangely, there seems to be more of a point to 1v1 then Death Matches. :D
: Most supports or non-damage champions would be useless in every death match mode.
Well supports won't be getting high kill counts, that's certainly true, but utility is always useful. Healing, stuns, etc to keep a team standing is not often frowned on, from ARAM to the RIFT. The only difference would be they would have to hang tight with someone to not be sniped or assassinated. ...But that does make me think that Flash would be replaced with Teleport so people can leave the 'pool' as there will always be the BGers who run in and just hover at a spawn point. So I guess Basing would be a thing...
Rioter Comments
AD Kid (NA)
: [GAMEPLAY BUG] ON KATARINA
It has been. I've brought it up and so have others (I have a few links going to other posts about this very problem / bug). I'm just looking at it as a make-shift Kat nerf to lower the win ratings and to get folks away from playing her for whatever reason.
Kagagiou (NA)
: Gameplay: Katarina's Buttons Die.
Just a quick note, I'm going to 'reply' to my first comment with the links so it's just one chain when I find them. If there is anything else that seems to activate this bug, please add or share it. Sub note: Someone mentioned the Hourglass (Zhonya's) can trigger this bug as well if you sell it and then 'undo' the last transaction. Not too sure though as this bug hits me and I often don't get a Zhon's.
Odesza (NA)
: Apparently this has been a glitch for awhile now that hasn't been fixed. When playing Kat, you randomly can't use your Q, R, or B after an initial trigger. This glitch has happened to me a handful of times now. Most recently after being ulted by a Zed, then pulling my ult on off him and killing him. The only way I have found to reset it is to die. Restarting client doesn't work. Really wish it would get fixed because it can be extremely frustrating, especially late game when the re-spawn time is long.
True. I ended up losing a game because it was either, "Die" or, if I had R and Q accessible, pick off folks who just burned their CC and had almost no life left. I shunpo'd, ss'd the first, shunpo'd to another, ss'd again, two others were there and it didn't kill them. An R NORMALLY would've cleaned them out... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut-
Légs (OCE)
: Oh I may of leveled up when I finished my combo I know the bug started around 36min in And we destroyed the mid enemy inhibitor. Strange eh
Yeah, that seems to be part of the bug. Activation of Super Minions (no matter which side) seems to cause a problem. The champion level of 'doom' is 11 from what a post had. Once they hit 11, their buttons stopped, but then died and worked fine for some reason... I would say this was just a weaved in Kat nerf, but Zed is having problems with his shadow, and a few other champs lose random abilities due to other 'random' events.
Kagagiou (NA)
: Just adding another link from the boards about a Katarina player having this issue about Q / R deciding it's too good to be used in game. :D http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/QwfPIy8E-katarinas-q-and-r-stopped-working-for-a-bit
And another... http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/ezns1Om5-katarina-loses-ability-to-q-r-or-recall-at-random-times
Kagagiou (NA)
: Adding other posts I have just run across to make this as... complete as possible of a bug report. These are the first ones I've ran across. In summary: After level 11, a Kat couldn't get the Q and R to work. After Super Minions appeared, they had to DIE to get Q and R to work, or Relog. Teammate reporting they couldn't use an ability and was stuck with only W, and E (Sinister Steel and Shunpo)* *: Common Issue. Q and R no longer going off, but W and E seem fine. http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/UJ16ETMY-bug-q-r http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/m6wEJOVw-katarina-bug http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/eOEQ7xOP-katarina http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/Wzxp3vXc-katarina-gameplay
Just adding another link from the boards about a Katarina player having this issue about Q / R deciding it's too good to be used in game. :D http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/QwfPIy8E-katarinas-q-and-r-stopped-working-for-a-bit
Show more

Kagagiou

Level 45 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion