SZN Kaze (EUW)
: How do I climb ranked?
Climbing to Gold really comes down to consistency, persistence and reliability. You want to main at most 2 champions in each role that are not highly contested and then play a high volume of games. The champions themselves do not have to be overly complex either as people will be making mistakes and capitalizing on those mistakes is fairly easy without the need to outplay your opponent at all. Below are SOME champions and main general tips for each role. The other huge thing to keep in mind is that 15 cs = 1 kill. Focus on CSing well and not being so kill hungry like most low ELO players. Also getting those tower plates and objectives as well as ending the game before the enemy team has a chance to catch up will be a tremendous help to your win rate. Top lane: Always take teleport and split push like your life depends on it. You want to force the enemy team to at least send two people to stop you {{champion:24}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:83}} Jungle: Gank gank gank then take a plate or turret. People will over-extend and not ward properly nor pay attention to the map. Special note for master yi and how much of a low ELO stomper he is. {{champion:11}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:120}} Mid lane: Either play poke champions since enemy teams won't be great at initiating or play assassins that can roam. It's also not a bad idea to have a counter assassin in your pocket {{champion:1}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:101}} Bot: Most ADCs will fit the role though you ideally want to pick one that isn't too team reliant. Having a more defensive ADC is also not a bad idea since a lot of times there will be no tanks on either team and therefore your damage doesn't need to be quite as high. {{champion:222}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:22}} Support: You honestly want to avoid this role unfortunately as it's too team reliant. If you must play it however picking some naturally high damage supports or those that can create picks is always good {{champion:53}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:143}}
Cloud273 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EOEvk31t,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-06T20:48:23.520+0000) > > Because it's his only form of CC. And? What's your point?
> [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EOEvk31t,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-06T20:49:18.923+0000) > > And? What's your point? Because you're comparing vastly different champions whose kits and roles are completely different. Would it made you feel better if we called the skill something else? Is that it?
Cloud273 (NA)
: "Jax enters a defensive stance"
Because it's his only form of CC.
: Fiora dont need a buff
She's fairly good against tanks but that being said tanks aren't that popular right now. She needs time to do her damage but team fights end far too fast. She's not great at team fighting and prefers to split but there are much better split pushers. Definitely doesn't need a huge buff but either something to help her survivability or the speed that she can put out her damage.
wBenjoo (EUNE)
: Buff Morde please
The last sets of nerfs definitely hit him pretty hard but he's not weak either. Definitely no longer S tier but easily A/B tier.
pattern8 (NA)
: My 14 day ban turned into a perma ban
This doesn't sound like a case of verbal abuse. It seems like your account was triggered for something like account purchasing/sharing/etc... What is the message/code you get when logging in?
: What champ hardcounters Fizz?
{{champion:131}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:10}} Those are probably the most viable ones at the moment. Special emphasis on Vladimir too as he's an absolute solo queue monster.
: The Reason Tanks Aren't Played Often
Tanks already counter most mages as it is already due to their health pool and the mage's high CDs. If a mage can't burst in one rotation then the team fight will most likely be over by the time the spells come off CD. There are exceptions to this rule obviously like Cass, Teemo, Rumble, but it applies for the most part which is why a mage will hardly ever hit a tank. On the other hand AD and specifically Marksman will target tanks if it's too dangerous to hit the back line and do not have worry about CDs due to their auto attacks. Tanks therefore need to have more armor to be able to be valid front liners.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RsBNO2xX,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-31T18:54:28.808+0000) > > Honestly the best way to counter Pyke is simply not to die. He needs kills to be able to keep up with other supports -- if he doesn't have them he ends up falling behind. Okay. So you play safe and give up cs. Now the adc has a massive gold lead on you and you’re still miles behind.
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RsBNO2xX,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-07-31T18:58:01.026+0000) > > Okay. So you play safe and give up cs. Now the adc has a massive gold lead on you and you’re still miles behind. You're behind as an ADC but your support is ahead. It's a give and take.
Bolembwa (EUW)
: How to play vs Pyke ?
Honestly the best way to counter Pyke is simply not to die. He needs kills to be able to keep up with other supports -- if he doesn't have them he ends up falling behind.
: What the fuck happened to Swain?
If you build full tank you shouldn't expect to be able to deal massive damage on swain.
: Yeah. Q fires faster I think? W AP ratio up. E damage down at later ranks. Base armor up. Base AS and AS/lvl up. R CD down, R AP ratio up. That's a gist of it.
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QonFPTYj,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-30T20:53:52.308+0000) > > Yeah. Q fires faster I think? W AP ratio up. E damage down at later ranks. Base armor up. Base AS and AS/lvl up. R CD down, R AP ratio up. > > That's a gist of it. You forget the most important change -- her range attack is now at level 7 instead of level 11. This is a pretty huge change. At 11 she will now get the splash and at 15 she now gets the permanent stacked attack speed.
: Can we finally buff vision?
The only thing I would really change right now is removing the black-out passive from duskblade. Alternatively allowing it to exist to where you can disable wards/traps that you come close to but you are not able to target and destroy them without the use of a sweeper. I also still think having a slot for a pink ward isn't a terrible idea but I'm not 100% sure of the impact that would create on the game.
: General question about Banning
After reviewing your game -- the ban was indeed justified. You trolled that game and essentially gave up. You also have enough game knowledge to not simply blame it on being new. Another infraction like this and your account will be permanently removed from the game.
: Riot fix this now
You're really not getting full use out of her if you don't detach and weave in autos to proc your passive.
: Oh lord
He desperately needs a rework. He's boring to play and annoying to play against. Has been that way for years.
: Will unbanning perma'd accounts ever come back?
Riot stated that the experiment was a failure with most people acting the same as they did once they received their account back. They are not planning on doing another trial of it. Obviously everything is subject to change, but at this point the answer is no. I would just consider yourself luck you got 1 of your accounts back.
: Who should a wood tier play?
7Shad0w7 (EUNE)
: About My Perma-Ban and my experience as new player in League of Legends
I'm more concerned about the fact that you're supposedly "head of the family" which is terrifying if this is how you're raising children.
rujitra (NA)
: I've asked you this before and you have yet to respond: How would you say the following (as one example) with pings? >Two bot to pull team while the other three set up for baron.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mUwfALfy,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-07-23T20:45:55.409+0000) > > I've asked you this before and you have yet to respond: How would you say the following (as one example) with pings? Exactly that or when I play my Fiora for example I split push and can usually outduel anyone at to which point I tell my team that if they send two bot like the mid or jg go for baron because they won't have the damage or the engage with the other 3. Communicating that is very hard. Same with other things like asking whose gonna buy frozen heart if you're against a team with high attack speed and have multiple champs on yours who can buy it.
Vıvıd (NA)
: Unpopular opinion: The recent pyke buff actually put him in a decent Not terribad, Not Op state
Here's the actual fact with Pyke that people are going to extremely dislike -- His win rate varies all the way from 54% in iron level down to 48% in Masters. The reason is because the kill gold is absolutely ridiculous with how it was tweaked but high ELOs die a lot less. Meaning Pyke is actually balance if you are Plat or above. It's not the champion's problem... it's how poorly people play.
: IF chat is so important why do high elo players rarely use it? Why do they only communicate with pings or voice chat? Chat is not necessary; Pings are much more efficient
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mUwfALfy,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-23T16:38:52.531+0000) > > IF chat is so important why do high elo players rarely use it? Why do they only communicate with pings or voice chat? > > Chat is not necessary; Pings are much more efficient Pings handle a lot of the necessary communication but chat is also necessary. I use around 10 lines per game and those are all to communicate things pings could not. Not having those 10 line would really be a detriment.
: Electrocute is the most buggy rune in the game
You hit three times with different attacks and abilities or an ability hit more than once resulting in a total of 3 hits? That's two very different things
: nerf cc and health
Your reasoning for that is? Also why on earth would triforce give less health than phage lol.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Riot wants Lux back on mid lane?
I take it back -- it seems they did change the Q CD reduction per level which is really good actually (this wasn't on the PBE). Now you can get something out of maxing Q instead of the increased damage (which Lux support didn't care).
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Riot wants Lux back on mid lane?
Lux currentlywas best support because of the interaction with her shield/aftershock combo. The removal of the double stacking upon return of the shield definitely makes sense. The ultimate change makes less sense to me personally but the reset mechanic was honestly never really that impactful on Lux. Personally I still think her Q CD changes should be reverted to scale down per level but I'll take the change they did since it does really slow down Lux support (albeit not kill her) while not changing Lux mid too much.
NY64 (NA)
: Why does Kassadin get Rod of Ages first instead of Archangel's Staff?
Because Catalyst > tear if you're getting poked down and don't need a giant pool of mana.
: Cs, if you can't be right clicking your enemy. Don't feed, and use your blue ward once in a while. It's a much less complicated role than the others. It's a mechanical role, if your mechanics are strong, you'll be great.
> [{quoted}](name=ROYALR3IGN,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aplBIA9u,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-16T19:59:35.955+0000) > > Cs, if you can't be right clicking your enemy. Don't feed, and use your blue ward once in a while. It's a much less complicated role than the others. It's a mechanical role, if your mechanics are strong, you'll be great. How is it somehow a less complicated role than others? The positioning, target priority, keeping track of everyone's CDs, pushing the boundary where one more spell kills you but you stay AAing because you need to output the damage. The Marksman role is definitely not any simpler than the other ones, the difference between a bad, average and good one is easy to see.
: Jax Has No Counterplay
You played Teemo into Jax... this is the literal definition of "I need to end the game quickly and destroy him in lane otherwise once he gets a couple items I'm screwed." Same thing could be said about Tryn or many others -- you crush them early but once they have their items you're screwed in a 1 vs 1.
Madjack01 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jOJe5vHR,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-16T21:19:28.961+0000) > > What exactly feels old about Nidalee? I'll agree that she's not as flashy as some of the newer champions but I'd argue that she's an extremely well designed champion which has one of the highest skill ceilings around. You find her well designed? How so? To me she feels like Kat in many ways. It just doesn't click with me hoe she's supposed to do her job.
> [{quoted}](name=Madjack01,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jOJe5vHR,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-16T21:25:22.617+0000) > > You find her well designed? How so? > To me she feels like Kat in many ways. It just doesn't click with me hoe she's supposed to do her job. The split decisions you have to make and the flexibility you have with how she can be built. I do agree that she's on the weaker side of things right now (but when she's strong high ranking players make her insane) and I would like the Hunt passive aspect of hers reworked into something else as the whole throw a spear then dive in is a little boring.
: tbh i played as her and didnt need to get better one game...and irelia had me on her metal wire about to chop my head off...you dont even need skill to play her...its kinda sad
> [{quoted}](name=DrunkenSheepz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NR0fehAq,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-07-16T21:05:34.439+0000) > > tbh i played as her and didnt need to get better one game...and irelia had me on her metal wire about to chop my head off...you dont even need skill to play her...its kinda sad The one game you played as her you went 4/6 vs a first time Irelia that managed to die 13 times. Not only that but you were on the winning side meaning kills should've been fairly easy to get considering your team managed to get 53 of them...
: when will they rework nidalee?
What exactly feels old about Nidalee? I'll agree that she's not as flashy as some of the newer champions but I'd argue that she's an extremely well designed champion which has one of the highest skill ceilings around.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Can someone explain how Talon takes skill?
Talon's difficulty isn't about executing his combo. It's about getting an early lead mid and then knowing how to roam properly while not letting the opposing mid laner spiral out of control.
: 14 Day suspension, Reported by a 1/17 Ashe, and a toxic griefing feeding Master Yi
The yi's behavior is bannable as is yours so hopefully he gets punished just like you did. The Ashe did nothing wrong. Playing poorly or not a to level you deem acceptable is not something that gets punished.
Ligseo (EUW)
: Ban AFK player more consistently
You're proposing a reduction in LP loss should a player leave? You don't see any issues with that? On the other hand, leaving a ranked game is punished quite a bit more severely than a normal one already.
: Is Kled sleeper op or balanced?
Kled is extremely strong and has one of the best level 2 burst damage combos in the entire game. He can fall off post 30 minute games but considering most games aren't going that long he does really well for himself.
Kaioko (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kirika,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EJi4Ol3J,comment-id=001a0000,timestamp=2019-06-25T21:00:48.979+0000) > > Thats acceptable. Maybe even upping the root duration over cd so she really wants to max it untill her ult is up. Starting with 1 and +0.25 per level to have 2 seconds only at level max. > That would make her botlane early pressure a little more endurable Lowering the root duration value like that would completely kill her viability. She wouldn't be able to land her laser until level 3 or above of the root duration due to the loading time. The Q CD on it's own should fix her but if she's still on the stronger side after that a simple removal of the shield double stacking mechanic will bring her down below average.
> [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EJi4Ol3J,comment-id=001a00000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T21:44:46.120+0000) > > Lowering the root duration value like that would completely kill her viability. She wouldn't be able to land her laser until level 3 or above of the root duration due to the loading time. > > The Q CD on it's own should fix her but if she's still on the stronger side after that a simple removal of the shield double stacking mechanic will bring her down below average. And so they chose to remove the shield double stacking instead of the Q CD either way it's fine.
: The basic rules of lowelo
Here's another one for you -- sticking to a one champion and preferably a simple champion is for the weak. You need to main Yasuo/Zed/Akali/Riven/Pyke and always only build full damage. Only exception is if you see some weird build used by pro players; copy it and take it to rank without practice. You are after all just as good if not better than they are!
Kirika (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EJi4Ol3J,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2019-06-25T20:57:59.898+0000) > > Her Q CD change needs to be reverted to scale down with levels -- she shouldn't be able to get away with not losing anything by maxing that skill last. Thats acceptable. Maybe even upping the root duration over cd so she really wants to max it untill her ult is up. Starting with 1 and +0.25 per level to have 2 seconds only at level max. That would make her botlane early pressure a little more endurable
> [{quoted}](name=Kirika,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EJi4Ol3J,comment-id=001a0000,timestamp=2019-06-25T21:00:48.979+0000) > > Thats acceptable. Maybe even upping the root duration over cd so she really wants to max it untill her ult is up. Starting with 1 and +0.25 per level to have 2 seconds only at level max. > That would make her botlane early pressure a little more endurable Lowering the root duration value like that would completely kill her viability. She wouldn't be able to land her laser until level 3 or above of the root duration due to the loading time. The Q CD on it's own should fix her but if she's still on the stronger side after that a simple removal of the shield double stacking mechanic will bring her down below average.
: How is Lux escaping nerfs next patch when she's near 100% pick/ban in GM+ games...
Her Q CD change needs to be reverted to scale down with levels -- she shouldn't be able to get away with not losing anything by maxing that skill last.
: Hey guys if you think balance today is bad, look at this
One more -- Feral Flare... especially on Warwick's point and click ultimate.
fergno (EUNE)
: Account compromised, banned for third-party programs
The boards unfortunately are unable to help you with a situation like that. If you've opened a ticket up all you can do is be patient. Keep in mind that replying to that ticket pushes it to the bottom of the list.
Zemasu (EUW)
: Sivir - Yuumi botlane is Busted, Discuss here
It's not so much Yuumi that's the problem as it's Sivir who can reliably come out even or above in any matchup now. Let's see what the nerfs do to her and go from there after this patch.
ApexRiven (EUW)
: If balance team Doesnt nerf This champ... Something seriously wrong with them
Can you check the PBE before making a post like this? Over half of the champions you mentioned are getting nerfed either directly or through their item path.
: Finally the changes we wanted since season 6 are coming
You made a post about changes without actually listing a single change...
: Why are the "Dumbass" level champions so rewarding in this game?
There isn't a difference in power between what you would classify as an "easy" champion vs a "hard" champion. Both tend to deal similar damage while the "easy" champion tends to be more reliable in dealing that damage. So the question becomes why choose the "hard" champion since they give up reliability? The answer is pretty simply -- because those "hard" champions have a more fluid kit that allows them to not be as predictable and are able to adapt to the situation.
: Why can Tryndamere ult through any CC, including silence?
Because unlike any of the other champions you mentioned, Tryn really doesn't have any type of hard CC/Ranged abilities/inherent tankyness which is why it was decided upon his release that he should be able to ultimate through CC. I agree that the champion design hasn't aged well, but he's not game breaking either.
: This just in, skillshots sometimes get missed, and that is okay!
However if I stun the champion and you still manage to throw your skillshot where they are not I do have a right to criticize you.
: There is not many people who know how to mask IP,so it is ridiculose to use that argument in any discussion
> [{quoted}](name=captaincomando1,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=M5qk1VhU,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T19:47:20.600+0000) > > There is not many people who know how to mask IP,so it is ridiculose to use that argument in any discussion Source for what you're claiming? I've played many MMORPGs where they were giving a one-time reward per IP that ended up being an issue when a large portion of the server was able to obtain many rewards and began to sell them.
1eone1 (NA)
: NERF CC CREEP DUDE
I'm not sure why you're calling it a CC "creep" when fact of the matter League has almost completely gotten rid of point and click CC and is instead now favoring it in terms of a skillshot, ability combo or interactions with elements (walls). I mean do we forget how Nunu could snowball and keep you perma slowed, how sion's gaze had a guaranteed CC with a 100% AP ratio, how Warwick's ultimate was a point and click hard CC. Those are original champions released in beta who all had hard CC that have been changed. If we take a look at the next one on the list Ryze (also one of the original 17 champions) is getting his root changed -- instead of a guaranteed root you are now required to have the flux debuff on the enemy champion (the duration is also a lot lower than the original released Ryze). So yes it might feel like each champion has a lot more CC but the way the current CC is being implemented offers a lot more counterplay and interaction and is actually quite healthy for the game.
Show more

Kaioko

Level 33 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion