Trias000 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kairoptra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-16T02:39:31.663+0000) > > https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse#virtual-goods Ok https://i.imgflip.com/35s1lt.jpg Notice that prestige skins are not against Riot's rules too (shockingly). So why did you even bring them up?
> [{quoted}](name=Trias000,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=0001000000000000000000010002,timestamp=2019-07-16T12:46:34.362+0000) > > Ok > https://i.imgflip.com/35s1lt.jpg > > Notice that prestige skins are not against Riot's rules too (shockingly). So why did you even bring them up? It was in response to the second paragraph of the comment I was replying to, hence why the first paragraph was left out of the quote at the beginning of my reply.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dr Endeavor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T21:30:59.177+0000) > > It's not the truth, its just another opinion. No, it's a fact. The existence of prestige skins doesn't hurt anyone. Worse thing is the splash arts like Bandit Sivir and Musketeer Twisted Fate. I bought them for RP and then Riot changed them to much worse. Basically I've been scammed.
> [{quoted}](name=Trias000,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T22:26:20.386+0000) > > Worse thing is the splash arts like Bandit Sivir and Musketeer Twisted Fate. I bought them for RP and then Riot changed them to much worse. Basically I've been scammed. https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse#virtual-goods > _**4.3. Do I “own” the Virtual Goods I unlock? (No. What you “unlock” is not the virtual good itself, but rather, a qualified right to access it in the Game.)**_ > You have no ownership or other property interest in any of the Virtual Goods you unlock, regardless of whether you acquired access to those Virtual Goods using Riot Points, Blue Essence or Hextech Crafting. Virtual Goods have no monetary value. You can’t redeem them for cash. You can’t obtain any refunds for purchasing Riot Points or Virtual Goods, except as expressly permitted by us. You can find our current content refund policy here. > **We have the right to delete, alter, move, remove, or transfer any and all Game Content—including Virtual Goods—in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason or no reason, with or without notice to you, and with no liability of any kind to you.** We don’t provide or guarantee, and expressly disclaim, any value, cash or otherwise, attributed to any data residing on servers we operate or control, including any Game Content attributed to your account. The sale or transfer of your right to access certain Virtual Goods, Blue Essence, Riot Points or Hextech Items may only be conducted via services approved of or provided by us, if any.
Midg3t (EUNE)
: Either im imagining things or Riot just said that wintrading is okay xD
That is... unfortunate, to say the least. There’s no chance that this isn’t a typo, but still funny {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: > [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LtRdQkHr,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-05T09:19:49.040+0000) > > Copypasting. > > Vic Mignogna, Lee and Malz's voice actor, has been under fire for a while over sexual harassment allegations, and has effectively been blacklisted from the industry. While it's not clear whether he actually is a serial creep, Riot is trying to backpedal on their own past BS and probably got new VO for Lee (if not Malz as well) going the moment the accusations happened. > > As a side note, yes, MF got a VO update recorded with GGMF, but feedback was mixed or negative enough that it was not implemented. Considering that she fills both the shoes of a scheming seductress (pretending she's a helpless damsel on at least one occasion to get rid of rivals) and a vengeful and downright badass pirate queen, I can imagine that it's hard to strike a balance that as many people as possible will like. He's innocent
: The game has existed for 10 long fucking years, and the client is still trash?
Please delete or edit this post since, as others have commented, there is already a new client in the works RIGHT NOW. You’re causing an unnecessary stir and spreading blatant misinformation to people who, like yourself, can’t seem to find 8 minutes in their schedule to stay informed.
Zac x Me (NA)
: Pls boycott Rito and League
https://tenor.com/Pphf.gif
Rioter Comments
: that was just day 1 and a bug. give it a week and it'll be moot.
Were you on the PBE? Every day it took hours just to log in due to the sheer amount of people wanting to play. To my recollection, this is not like something we've seen before with League, and if it is, it is most certainly not a common occurrence, let alone something that happened with NB.
: Well, currently auto-chess is really popular. Although, the mode has only been out for like 2 days and I am already bored of it. NB was fun as hell. I really miss it. I feel like NB was supposed to make a re-appearance but then TFT got put into works and NB was shelved because... Riot said that it would be tested on live and then worked on and then released again. Only the second release never happened. I just hope it comes back along with other RGMs.
https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/04/dev-nexus-blitz-wrap-up/ > While we’re no longer considering Nexus Blitz as a permanent mode for the foreseeable future, we are going to treat it as a great mode to accompany events, especially given its flexibility to feature new in-game events and rewards.
: Bring back nexus blitz
I mean, not even NB was able to clog the PBE servers like we saw TFT did. I think the numbers speak for themselves. I personally don’t care about either mode, but the data is more than apparent.
: Who do you most want seen in Team Fight Tactics down the line?
: Is this contest for all servers or just NA?
Well, they do say to put your server next to your name, so I would assume they want entries outside NA.
: Post this somewhere with people who are willing to hear you out. The League Boards is the #1 place to praise Riot and anything else is blasphemy. Opinions are dead here.{{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
> [{quoted}](name=OPBritCrusher,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=i59HdbxQ,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-21T20:08:11.646+0000) > > Post this somewhere with people who are willing to hear you out. The League Boards is the #1 place to praise Riot and anything else is blasphemy. Opinions are dead here.{{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}} Um... have you been to the Boards _ever_? At any given point in time, I can guarantee that 90% of all Gameplay posts on the front page are complaints. Get out of here with your delusions that the Boards are in any way mostly positive. You’re talking about the number-1 echo chamber for any flavor-of-the-month complaint that might come along.
: > [{quoted}](name=SpecterVonBaren,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=i59HdbxQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-20T17:11:45.147+0000) > > Congrats on your 0.1% sample size. > > Of course Riot doesn't know what the playerbase wants. There are over five **million** players from different backgrounds and countries with different desires and viewpoints. Some people want a tank meta, some want a damage meta, some people hate Yasuo, some people LOVE Yasuo, some people are gold, some are diamond, some are LCS players, some people play for at most one match a week while others play fifty a week, while Riot is an English speaking country based in America it has players that DON'T speak English from all over the world. > > Even if they took all the active posters on the American Boards and decided to poll everyone's opinion, it wouldn't make up even a whole % of the players in the game so how in the world do you base what should be done on it on posts? I base it off of my experience and the experience of my peers. I know people who have played since before seasons were even a thing, I know people who are just getting into the game, people who only play ranked, those who only play casual, those who only come back once a year for URF, those who were on different servers than my own, those who are coaches, and those who dropped it completely. I never said that my statement. The same thing that happened with URF happened with Nexus Blitz, in that the fluctuation of players went down after they removed the game mode, and of course they don't want a redo of what happened there, but with the amount of hype put behind it and the fact that they then decided to not make it a permanent game mode upset more than when Clash wasn't working. I'll use Kairoptra's logic: considering there were more people who got upset that Nexus Blitz left and not as many when Clash bugged out, more people therefore cared more about Nexus Blitz. Naturally, I'm not trying to speak for the majority of League players. I'm just speaking from my 5 years of experience with League players.
> [{quoted}](name=criticalsieze,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=i59HdbxQ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-21T00:09:49.544+0000) > > I base it off of my experience and the experience of my peers. I know people who have played since before seasons were even a thing, I know people who are just getting into the game, people who only play ranked, those who only play casual, those who only come back once a year for URF, those who were on different servers than my own, those who are coaches, and those who dropped it completely. I never said that my statement. The same thing that happened with URF happened with Nexus Blitz, in that the fluctuation of players went down after they removed the game mode, and of course they don't want a redo of what happened there, but with the amount of hype put behind it and the fact that they then decided to not make it a permanent game mode upset more than when Clash wasn't working. > > I'll use Kairoptra's logic: considering there were more people who got upset that Nexus Blitz left and not as many when Clash bugged out, more people therefore cared more about Nexus Blitz. > > Naturally, I'm not trying to speak for the majority of League players. I'm just speaking from my 5 years of experience with League players. That wasn’t my logic at all, and I don’t appreciate you misquoting me. I was saying that the reason you saw so many people complaining about Nexus Blitz _on that particular video_ was because they were upset. Those that wanted Clash over Nexus Blitz were satisfied with the response they got and thus felt there was no reason to comment. Therefore, it became an echo chamber of complaints about Nexus Blitz. Since the other side doesn’t want to speak on the issue, we have no idea what the split is. I’ll leave it up to the other guy to refute the rest of your points.
: I Don't Think Riot Knows What Its Playerbase Wants.
You know, for someone who claims to need statistics, you seem to conveniently lose understanding of how they work when applied to your own argument. Let me give you a basic lesson in human psychology: people rarely speak up about an issue unless they’re upset by it. Therefore, your 74 comments don’t speak at all to what the player base actually feels. The people who want Clash are satisfied and going about their day now that their pleas have been satiated. The people who want Nexus Blitz aren’t, so all that’s left is an echo chamber. On top of all that, 74 comments are a far cry from a good sample size in a sea of literally millions of players. You’re only listening to what you want to hear. Don’t get me wrong, the complaints are plenty valid, but your argument is as good as the people you’re trying to argue against.
Rioter Comments
: [OFF TOPIC] Sony announced the Gaymer system is going on the open market next year...
PLEASE provide a link that to back up your claim that it will be going to open market. I haven’t found a SINGLE scrap of evidence ANYWHERE. I might be wrong, but since E3 is going on, EVERYBODY would be talking about it.
Atormsul (NA)
: Finally Reached Gold 4!
https://i.imgur.com/6Uhe4pw.gif
: What show is this from?
The full title is Kaguya-sama: Love is War. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good comedy.
razorx009 (OCE)
: Clash
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/BiJm4R5E-quick-gameplay-thoughts-march-6 https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/xe4HBZAv-quick-gameplay-thoughts-march-13 I know it’s not much, but I believe it qualifies as “something”.
GankLord (NA)
: Runes reforged was the beginning of the end (opinion)
If you’re opening yourself up to counterarguments, you might want to actually go into why you have the position you have instead of just saying “change my mind”.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OjjEabBM,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T16:38:20.113+0000) > > Yes, I clearly think I'm better than you because I'm not cracking jokes about wishing death on certain players on a serious post about tornadoes, flooding, and hail storms. Virtue signaling is a sign of perceived moral superiority, yes.
> [{quoted}](name=Baron Von Bangin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OjjEabBM,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T16:44:26.011+0000) > > Virtue signaling is a sign of perceived moral superiority, yes. Y'know, instead of making an irrelevant attack on the person arguing against you, you could always... y'know... actually try to refute them. Learn how to argue and then come back, unless of course you're trolling, in which case there are far better ways of entertaining yourself that doesn't waste the time of people who are trying to talk about actual life-threatening events.
: I ran away from my home
Very misleading title. If you're looking for advice and/or sympathy, don't start by deceiving your audience, whether intentional or not. That aside, I don't feel comfortable giving an opinion on your situation. It's easy for me to believe you and see a pair of shitty parents who only care about themselves and are completely out-of-touch with their kid, but it's also easy to see a rebellious POS teenager with zero self-awareness whose parents happen to not get along. As an outsider looking in, my view is very limited. Just try to talk things out with your father and make sure to look at things logically and objectively. Otherwise, you might end up making a stupid decision based on feelings that will land you in a worse position than before.
: Toxicity Shouldn't Be Reportable
My question is why you _have_ to be able to use it. All Riot asks of you in return for letting you play their game is for you to not be toxic in any capacity, whether it be typing things in chat or intentionally feeding. Are you really so immature that you can't even do that and have to go on the Boards and whine about how hard your life is that you can't call somebody you'll never see again trash over the internet? Yes, the mature thing to do for the person who sees the toxicity is to hit the mute button, but the mature thing for the person _being_ toxic is to not say anything at all. We shouldn't even be having this conversation.
: The vote for a 2020 VGU is up
: Sum up your last played champion with a single song.
https://youtu.be/7YvAYIJSSZY Alternatively: https://youtu.be/-_vSUikCWXc
Salron (NA)
: Not really A good mousepad goes for no less than that A REALLY good one costs 30-40 or even more That being said I'm not sure what mousepad you're referring to specifically
> [{quoted}](name=Aarron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mKnFmFEc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-09T02:45:59.206+0000) > > Not really > A good mousepad goes for no less than that > A REALLY good one costs 30-40 or even more > That being said I'm not sure what mousepad you're referring to specifically I’m talking about the Midseason Trials ones in the merch store. There’s one for each of the four houses.
Rioter Comments
Bilby (NA)
: sorry about that! if you go to pick a house, you'll find an option to take it.
Sorry to bother you, but I have a quick question: Before we pick our house, we're able to view the "profile" of each one with the qualities attributed with it as well as pro players and streamers who fit into that house. Is there any way to view these profiles after picking? If there is, I haven't found it.
: If you are counting duskblade and ghostblade then you have to count morello's and sorc shoes, if you are counting BotRK then you have to count liandris.
: They actually made a tsundere emote
OMG THEY DID THE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
: Weekly reminder that Riot removed ARAM bans because ARAM account users weren't happy about it
Damn vote manipulation. 30 upvotes in 30 minutes? Yeah, sure, I'll believe that. (Not accusing OP, but somebody probably did it)
The Iceborn (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kairoptra,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jk3xvQZ5,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-26T18:46:00.917+0000) > > Is it too much of an assumption to think that those artifacts that it talks about were perhaps world runes? I doubt it as not even Norra knows what she is picking up, she is simply gathering stuff without detail knowledge of it and most world runes are probably in someones posession already or well hidden...
Well, the story seems to be told from Yuumi's point of view, so I think it's intentionally vague so that we only know as much as her. Norra's reverence with these objects suggests that perhaps she knows something we don't; it seems like it'd be a waste to mention it and then it not amount to anything other than a Yordle's weird hobby. Again, we don't really know anything for sure, but I think it's worth theorizing about. We'll know more once we can look at her voice lines on PBE.
The Iceborn (EUNE)
: Yuumi - Biography!
Is it too much of an assumption to think that those artifacts that it talks about were perhaps world runes?
: /fullmute all is there for a reason
I’d tell you why that point is irrelevant, but that honestly deserves a post all its own with how much there is to talk about. You’re better of using the search bar.
AceGeo (NA)
: So, I just skimmed through your wall of text and got enough info. You pretend to not know what I'm talking about, and then go on a rant about that. The rest is you talking about something completely unrelated. I ain't trying to poke an angry bear, I was simply trying to show you a different point of view. Hope your day is good.
You came to my thread and posted a comment presenting an opposing viewpoint. Am I supposed to _not_ think you’re trying to refute me? Also, it sounds to me like _you_ were being the off-topic one. I basically gave the long version of my post, so if you were talking about something different, then I don’t know why you’re acting high and mighty while you were the one changing the subject. Either that or you weren’t thorough enough with your “skimming” and made assumptions that would’ve been obviously wrong had you taken the time to read it. Having said that, I can’t know what happened due to your extremely vague explanation. If you intend to continue this conversation, it would be prudent for you to explain yourself a bit more in-depth than just saying that I misunderstood. As a side note (i. e. it’s irrelevant to what we’re talking about, but I thought I’d mention it), “hope your day is good” comes off as patronizing when you’re trying to refute someone. I can see why you still haven’t gotten the point of my thread if this is your level of self-awareness. I’m not upset or anything, but it made me cringe a little at how you went out of your way to end your comment so unfittingly.
Rioter Comments
XcomegaX (NA)
: UPVATE IF YOU WANT BANS IN ARAM RETURNED
It has already been stated many times across numerous threads that "upvote if X" posts are not okay on these Boards. If you want to have constructive discussion, you can just as easily do it with only a poll. Also, it is clearly stated in the Boards Universal Rules that resurrecting old posts is against the rules. The mods already had plenty of reasons to lock the last one and I expect that they will do the same to yours in due time.
Ornn (OCE)
: UPVATE IF YOU WANT BANS IN ARAM RETURNED 2.0
It has already been stated _many_ times across _numerous_ threads that "upvote if X" posts are not okay on these Boards. If you want to have constructive discussion, you can just as easily do it with only a poll. Also, it is clearly stated in the Boards Universal Rules that resurrecting old posts is against the rules. Also, can you stop spreading the bullshit that Riot's trying to silence you.? Yeah, sure, Riot is hell-bent on going after you in particular and not any of the thousands of people responsible for making sure that 90% of Boards posts are complaints.
: so you prefer being an asshole instead of being nice. good to know.
I prefer silence over unnecessary confrontation. Quit putting words in my mouth and try to think twice before you make an argument; it's obvious that you didn't in this situation.
: What if it’s a normal game and they’re obviously new? I feel like that’s going to only make the community less toxic instead of more
Well, I imagine a new player would be far more open-minded, but if it’s a Ranked game and/or you know they’ve been around a good bit because of their level (thank you, new loading screen), it might just seem to them like you’re pointing out the their mistakes to mess with them. They probably know what to expect from the community in terms of toxicity, so in that emotionally charged state, they’ll likely interpret such a small and innocent comment as mocking them.
AceGeo (NA)
: This kinda sounds like someone drowning, someone else trying to save them, but the person drowning is too prideful to take their hand. Person drowning then dies.
Not in the slightest. For one thing, it’s a competitive environment, so unless it’s a drowning competition, your analogy completely falls through. For another, the “drowning” in this case would be losing, correct? And why am I losing? Because the enemy team is doing better than mine. Under your analogy, I don’t think it’d be a question of pride when the one offering you a hand is also the one pushing you under. Since there seems to a miscommunication, I’ll go a bit more in-depth. When you give advice to a losing enemy, no matter how nice you are about it, they don’t see someone honestly trying to help. They’re probably in a crappy mood and that coupled with their expectation of this community’s toxicity will make them see someone gloating over their loss and pointing out their mistakes when they’re being hard enough on themselves as it is. Again, it’s nobody’s fault; it’s just the last straw. I once knew a girl who constantly bottled up her feelings of stress about her schoolwork, completely ignoring any outlet for her feelings. She would do this for weeks at a time, and at the ends of those periods, some everyday frustration would happen, like maybe someone didn’t see her as she was walking across the classroom and didn’t pull in their chair to let her by. When that happened, she would begin to tear up and have to run to the bathroom and quietly ball her eyes out. That kind of thing can happen to a player over the course of just one game, what with damage being so high and early kills being so important. Obviously, people in this position need to handle their emotions better (as my friend has learned to, but that’s a story for another day), but again, that’s not the point. The point is that you shouldn’t create conflict where you can avoid it. If you had a fight in a bar with some guy and lost badly, you don’t want him to come over and critique your skills; you’re humiliated and just want to drink the pain away (both physical and mental). Again, the mature way to handle this situation would just be to give a quick thanks and walk away, but there’s no telling what a person will do when they’re emotionally charged, so the smart thing for the _winner_ to do would be to leave the other person to their own devices; they’ll probably be over it by the end of the night.
Hawckey (NA)
: or they can just turn off all chat if they're that sensitive. or they could get off the internet altogether
It’s not about that. I’m just trying to help people avoid unnecessary conflict. If I can do that, why shouldn’t I? A little less perceived toxicity can go a long way.
Colte (NA)
: do people keep giving you advice?
Not me personally, but people on my team.
Rioter Comments
: When you see Riot's new and "improved" logo is already on the boards
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/312/011/fc4.jpg
: Nothing? What about escaping reality? For 10 hours of playing, you didn't think about anything, not a single think, just a game, similar to alcohol(if you want to forget something), reality doesn't exist while you are playing(while you are high). Easy as that. Am I weak minded individual, running away from reality? Then I'm going to spend as much time as possible escaping it. Some one with books(I knew guy who locked himself with dozens of books and didn't leave house for months), movies, games, alcohol or whatever. Also it's more like love/hate relationship. Like "It used to be so good BACK THEN, I'm sure it will be same, maybe next game". Addiction like this is possible, overlooked and dangerous.
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Z0yHnm9o,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-15T12:12:01.408+0000) > > Nothing? What about escaping reality? For 10 hours of playing, you didn't think about anything, not a single think, just a game, similar to alcohol(if you want to forget something), reality doesn't exist while you are playing(while you are high). Easy as that. > > Am I weak minded individual, running away from reality? Then I'm going to spend as much time as possible escaping it. Some one with books(I knew guy who locked himself with dozens of books and didn't leave house for months), movies, games, alcohol or whatever. > > Also it's more like love/hate relationship. Like "It used to be so good BACK THEN, I'm sure it will be same, maybe next game". > > Addiction like this is possible, overlooked and dangerous. You see? This is what I'm looking for. You didn't just say "they're addicted"; you gave an explanation like an intelligent person. Also, you seemed to have missed the point of the post; I don't doubt that some people are addicted. They're just doing a shit job of explaining themselves. I thought that would've been clear by, y'know, reading my post.
Krayzie (EUNE)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Krayzie,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Z0yHnm9o,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-15T12:13:30.252+0000) > > **Drugs, alcohol, and sex** > > 99% of people on boards never smoked a cigar, let alone these 3 things. > Addicted are those who don't really have social life and you should not feel sorry for them because they choose not to have any. You completely missed the point. I used those three things as examples of why people get addicted to things. The point of that was to demonstrate that people don't get addicted to things for no reason. The point of _that_ was too show that just saying "I'm addicted" isn't good enough when someone asks you why you still play the game in spite of not enjoying yourself; you have to actually explain why you're addicted in order to move the conversation forward. I didn't think I'd have to basically rephrase my entire post, but your lackluster reading skills showed that it was necessary.
Rioter Comments
: I can't think of one instance I've seen this and I spend a lot of time interacting with Rioters :/
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qzJFownz,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-09T16:44:42.278+0000) > > I can't think of one instance I've seen this and I spend a lot of time interacting with Rioters :/ Have you seen them spell it “RIOT”?
Show more

Kairoptra

Level 97 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion