: He is a big drunk dude who owns a piece of true ice. He uses it to chill his grog and therefore he is one of the most powerful drunks on Runeterra. He takes orders from nobody and he will fight you regardless of who you are. If you underestimate him he will fuck your shit up. Enter Gragas.
: Malphite changes coming to PBE
Personally I like the direction of these changes, just wanted to pop in and say that if you guys do end up updating his VFX that it would be highly appreciated by the playerbase if Malph kept the old Riot fist on his E, that way there's always a homage to it. I don't believe I've met anyone yet who believes he should have his E modernized to use the new fist instead. Also, that W AA reset will feel SUPER good. Thank you.
: Hi there! Thanks for the heads up! This is fixed and should be back to normal next patch :)
FYI there are also several Kai'Sa lines not triggering properly (Honeyfruit, kill w/ Void Seeker, Support quotes etc.) so an investigation into that would be nice. She basically uses half of the quotes she's meant to have due to the trigger issues.
: {{champion:103}} I'd tell her she's beautiful, either that makes her happy or she kills me {{champion:37}} Same thing as Ahri, that would probably make her happy at least
> [{quoted}](name=Moonboy65,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=4aprQBMl,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-03-25T17:30:34.299+0000) > > {{champion:103}} > I'd tell her she's beautiful, either that makes her happy or she kills me > > {{champion:37}} > Same thing as Ahri, that would probably make her happy at least Piggybacking on this since I love Ahri/Sona just as much: {{champion:103}} I'd thank her for a lot of things, she's helped me through the hardest parts of my life so far and in general I have a lot of respect for the champ lore-wise and for her personality. {{champion:37}} I'd praise her musical talents, her kindness & her willingness to share her emotions with the world through her performances. I'd also, well...I'd also try to get her and Ahri together. IT'S MEANT TO BE, OKAY? I really just want to see these two happy and together, especially after what happened in Ahri's last relationship - she needs someone to pick her up and give her a reason to love again. {{champion:145}} Outside of pure curiosity as to a lot of her time spent in Void-infested caverns (including how her suit interacts with her, how her biology is after years of void exposure, etc...) I'd love to get to know my main and just have a great friendship with her. She seems like someone who needs a friend, and I'd be more than happy to be that friend if I could. {{champion:25}} {{champion:28}} I respect these two for following their emotions so vividly, I'd contact these two though for something else I've really needed to have done to my mentality. Let's just say I want to punish myself pretty hard, and not in a masochistic kind of way.
: You're welcome. https://i.imgur.com/W1JeTjG.jpg[\img]
> [{quoted}](name=Weiss Guertena,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=VAp2BAAr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-13T01:58:30.359+0000) > > You're welcome. > > https://i.imgur.com/W1JeTjG.jpg[\img] Blessed image.
: ***
Even in downvotes we must keep this man at -4, you know what to do my friends.
: > [{quoted}](name=Faliandra,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yn9lFAX3,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-03-07T14:34:26.275+0000) > > i cant vote....its at 44 upvotes rn...how could i possibly ruin that?! {{sticker:sg-janna}} It's at 104 :(
Don't worry my friends, 4,444 upvotes is possible. At the very least we can try to keep it around 444 when the time comes & if people want to stop there.
dnsup (NA)
: Your energy is being wasted on a game like LoL.
> [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E7v0mV7b,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-03-02T22:59:02.674+0000) > > Your energy is being wasted on a game like LoL. More or less, but at least I have the courage to admit it unlike a lot of morons who come to the Boards or Reddit every day crying about false bans when in reality it's a whole different story entirely.
: Well some of us still want to change and its nice to know that riot might do this in the future.
> [{quoted}](name=Starmfangy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=aPKOETKA,comment-id=00030000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-02T22:44:49.336+0000) > > Well some of us still want to change and its nice to know that riot might do this in the future. What? What's the point of changing if in the time spent you just get a new account with everything better? Higher level, reset MMR, you won't be on any more int lists...you can easily be a passive aggressive fuck who doesn't care about reforming and level an account like this without being stressed out over maintaining a level of 'reform' just for an old account that doesn't have nearly as much stuff as the new one since again, you'll put in AN ENTIRE YEAR INTO MAKING IT. I fail to see how this would do anything but piss off L9 in EUW and make that situation a whole lot worse.
: Better than never having a chance to gain your honor back :3
> [{quoted}](name=Starmfangy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=aPKOETKA,comment-id=000300000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-03-02T22:41:14.229+0000) > > Better than never having a chance to gain your honor back :3 I'd gain more from leveling an account not connected to my old one than I would from going through this hellzone, the time required would give me more than enough time to basically render the old account obsolete and make this entire process pointless. No thanks.
Hotarµ (NA)
: >I'm sorry but I get the feeling you've never been punished in League and don't understand the sheer unholiness that is leveling up from Honor 1 or Honor 0 as it is. I've had an account permanently banned before (about 1-2 years ago) and this account received a 10-game chat restriction when I first made it. I know exactly what it's like to climb from 0 Honor. >In other words you're going down a path that 99% of players would hate and simply choose to ignore because of how god awful it is investment-wise. 99% of players don't get punished in the first place. This is a _very_, very niche suggestion that only impacts a few players who've been permanently banned. If you don't want to go through the appeal process, you could just make a new account without linking it to the old one. It's a case-by-case basis, if you didn't want to do it, then don't do it. >This isn't an appeal process, this is being rung through hell #That's the point of the suggestion. A high risk, high reward scenario that only seeks to benefit the very infinitesimal amount of people willing to show that level of reform. _**It is not supposed to be a walk in the park. **_
> That's the point of the suggestion. A high risk, high reward scenario that only seeks to benefit the very infinitesimal amount of people willing to show that level of reform. It is not supposed to be a walk in the park. This is a process that would (depending on how much you play the game) range from several months to a year or more. You would have to put in a few hundred games minimum to get Honor 3, then 500+ more to get the minimum for an unban, THEN get reviewed and if rejected you'd have to put in even MORE time on your new account if they say 'you're not ready yet, come back in a few months'. Even when that's all said and done your old account won't gain honor or credibility for three fucking months because hey, things weren't tough enough as it is - let's just make it so that if they screw up even a little they have to start ALL OVER. I'm done discussing this. You've created something that does fulfill your dream of INCREDIBLY hard to complete, but in the process you'll just add in a new feature that people will resent and hate on Riot for. It's a joke, nowhere near the realism of Djinn's month lockout + final chance concept and something that will be heavily criticized if anything because of how obnoxiously hard it is for the little reward it gives. This would do nothing but make Riot look worse in the eyes of people who are punished, and you have my word on that. For a little extra perspective: I've gotten farther on my current account in 8 months than I did on my old account in 3 years. I would have no reason to get that old account back, it's just a time crunch that STILL fails to address players who play a few games a day only. Good day.
Hotarµ (NA)
: >The majority who haven't ever been punished. Number goes down once people get a taste of how awful leveling from Honor 0/1 is. Just thought I'd correct that. That doesn't detract from what I said. The very small community on the Boards and Reddit agree that three chances is more than enough and the large majority of the game doesn't get punished in the first place. > Tying them back to the original is a good idea since it'll force people to be honest about their origins if they legitimately want their old account back, but some may just not give a shit and level a new one just because getting the old one back wouldn't seem worth it in their eyes since the leveling process will still be the same hard ass grind it can be. Yep, that was the point of what I was suggesting. Should you opt in for the chance to appeal your account, you subject yourself to harsher punishments on newly created accounts. I forgot to mention it but you don't have to go for an appeal of any kind, you can make a new account and have it be functionally the same as one created today. > You can be passive agressive as fuck and be Honor 5 because you play a bunch, that doesn't mean you're any better than an Honor 2 player (though the automated system will think otherwise). That's why I said the account is subject to an appeal case from a Riot support agent. To quote myself directly: "Simply put, if a Rioter deems your logs passive aggressive or not entirely positive, they can deny the appeal. Honor doesn't act as a 'shield' in our current system and shouldn't if any changes were made to it." >honestly I'd rather just create a clean account separated from the old one so I don't risk an escalation to a 25 game chat restrict. You're asking WAY too much here time-investment wise, especially for people who only play a few games a day. That's the point. It's a risk-reward scenario. I believe that you shouldn't get an extra chance just for the sake of getting an extra chance. A sacrifice has to be made and the only realistic way is by penalizing a linked account should they mess up. Also, the intent is to reward the _very few_ that are willing to show that level of reform. It's supposed to be a difficult, pain-in-the-ass journey that requires real effort to overcome. >Too strict, you're already forcing a huge time commitment and you have zero tolerance slapped on for ANOTHER three months? Why would anyone go about this type of process, it's horrificly long and one slipup can cost everything. _That's the whole point._ You're fighting for a chance at recovering a once _permanently banned_ account. Also, this is already the case in the system we already have. Got a 14 day ban and a few weeks have passed? One slip up can still cost you everything. >Your demands for getting an account unbanned are far too high and would take an eternity to complete due to the minimum game requirement & the pointless Honor 3/4/5 requirement. I'm not "demanding" anything. An Honor requirement isn't pointless when you have to subject yourself to an appeal case with someone who can see every single one of your chat logs, match histories, and punishment status. Thanks for reading and replying.
> It's supposed to be a difficult, pain-in-the-ass journey that requires real effort to overcome. I'm sorry but I get the feeling you've never been punished in League and don't understand the sheer unholiness that is leveling up from Honor 1 or Honor 0 as it is. This is exactly why people create new accounts in the first place - Trying to level up from Honor 0 & Honor 1 is already bad enough as it is, you'll level an account to 30 faster than you'll get back to Honor 2. People dislike the current system because it requires too much effort for too little reward, and while I have no mercy for the homophobes/morons who ZT their way into an automatic two week I do pity the people who have one bad day and get punished the same as the previously mentioned players because they let one thing slip. In other words you're going down a path that 99% of players would hate and simply choose to ignore because of how god awful it is investment-wise. This isn't an appeal process, this is being rung through hell (especially since you never said anything about your old account automatically getting Honor 2 back if the procss is fully completed). You can't seriously expect people to do this, right? All you're doing is capitalizing on the bad parts of the current system while adding in nothing good. This is unrealistically harsh. Also, I'll reiterate that Honor 3 is no different from Honor 2. They're the same exact thing, forcing people to play games to get to Honor 3 and THEN play 500 more is just...No.
: This isn't a bad proposal, but I'd instead suggest locking the unlocked content on their current account (and BE gain) and giving *that* account one final chance after, say, a month of lock-out as a mandatory time out. That means the new player experience isn't necessarily ruined, and it also further reminds players of how much they could regain if their behavior remains good. It ultimately gets similar effects to this proposal, I think, and potentially saves the new player experience a bit. Still, I'm not sure I'm fully on board.
I'd prefer something like this, as it is the New Player Experience is pretty bad so it'd be optimal to avoid new account creation as much as possible for things such as reform.
: Would there be a way to give your chat logs to a moderator, just to see if your even eligible for an uplifting before you do all that work? I feel if someone went through all of that and found out that their account was ineligible for recovery, that could create some horrendously toxic people.
> Would there be a way to give your chat logs to a moderator, just to see if your even eligible for an uplifting before you do all that work? I'm assuming they would do this beforehand to ensure that your account was in 'viable' standing to be given a chance. Riot Support has access to this sort of information so you wouldn't need to give your logs, they'd just check beforehand and if you're eligible you'd get greenlit.
rujitra (NA)
: I don't see how this is meaningfully different from the Level 20 Challenge which failed. Increasing the time/games of that challenge is not likely to produce meaningfully different results in my opinion. I presume this is the type of data Riot was trying to gather from their most recent permanent ban experiment.
It's not very different from the Lvl 20 Challenge from what I can tell, if anything it's obsecenely harder & the only good change in all of this is that they force your new account to be directly tied to your old one. > I presume this is the type of data Riot was trying to gather from their most recent permanent ban experiment. The data I assume was to see if players would more willingly reform if instead of having to go through an extensive process were granted a one time, ZERO TOLERANCE opportunity to get their old account back immediately and slowly gain back standing over time. I don't have nearly enough information to know how it went (I only know a few players who got accepted, including one who's managed to stay reformed) but judging from MapleNectar's invetigations into self-mute features I'm starting to have hope it went well.
: League aside for a minute....becuase this is not an in game problem. If you want this to stop you have to fix yourself. You are obviously an intelligent and thoughtful person, find a way to prevent yourself from getting to the point where you lose control. Maybe you need to walk away sooner....maybe give up on things like league that push you to your limits.
> [{quoted}](name=Malfectious,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E7v0mV7b,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-02T21:55:47.136+0000) > > League aside for a minute....becuase this is not an in game problem. If you want this to stop you have to fix yourself. You are obviously an intelligent and thoughtful person, find a way to prevent yourself from getting to the point where you lose control. Maybe you need to walk away sooner....maybe give up on things like league that push you to your limits. This is a good argument, but honestly I don't have the self-control or discipline currently to do this. I like to feel that I've gotten a lot better since my first account (for instance I'm not playing right now because I'm pretty damn tilted) but still don't have the means of being able to just...not avoid blowing up like this every now and again. League is insanely painful to play sometimes, especially when you get into Plat and people start doing dumb shit that they know better about. So, overall...I just don't have the self control to be able to avoid keeping my mouth shut right now, and while I think I'm getting better it still comes with the cons of really having a bad streak like this every once in a while. I'm too addicted to League currently to give it up, and it's a way I keep mental stability ironically enough. That's why I said not to get too invested - if you end up like this, you're in for a lot of trouble if some bad shit happens.
Hotarµ (NA)
: Discussing permanently banned accounts and the stigma surrounding their appeals
Alright, player with 4 (potentially soon to be 5) bans here. I want to contribute as a potential benefactor of this program but I also want to keep things fair and honest - hence I'm gonna state my two cents as reasonably as I can. Hear me out. > with the majority believing that three chances is more than enough for someone to reform and correct their actions The majority who haven't ever been punished. Number goes down once people get a taste of how awful leveling from Honor 0/1 is. Just thought I'd correct that. > Also, I'd like to believe that people can always change their behavior for the better. This is true, most people mature over time or at least get a better world view. At bare minimum you start to see people being better about avoiding doing filter-prone stuff chat wise which can help tone down things, though admittedly not by much. But overall - Yes, most people can. Some can't without extra external help though, and I'm speaking from experience here. > Accounts that have been suspended for hate speech (racism, homophobia, inciting self harm, etc.) are not eligible for this program. This also applies to accounts banned for Scripting (or malicious use of 3rd party programs) and MMR boosting. So those morons who use Zero Tolerance words and think they'll get away with it as if those aren't high priority in the automated system? Yeah, I'm fine with this - you have to be pretty stupid/reckless to use ZT words like candy and either way if someone is using words like those freely they probably need a good amount of help. Before people ask, I have been banned for using ZT words before - I never said I wasn't a moron. > After receiving your Indefinite Suspension, you will have to make a new account and meet a few requirements before it is lifted. This starts to worry me because of how this'll impact the New Player Experience, but I'll hear you out. > You must connect your new account to the old one by verifying the e-mail address and connecting a new e-mail address or phone number to it. (This would prevent people from "boosting" indefinite suspensions by forcing them to be hard-locked to the old account. Also, given the extremely long amount of time it would take to lift a permanent suspension, it would be near-impossible to realistically boost this.) I'm not fully aware of what you mean by the latter, but it's true that people make new email addresses solely to create new accounts. Tying them back to the original is a good idea since it'll force people to be honest about their origins if they legitimately want their old account back, but some may just not give a shit and level a new one just because getting the old one back wouldn't seem worth it in their eyes since the leveling process will still be the same hard ass grind it can be. > Any punishments on the new account will result in the permanent banning of the indefinitely suspended account. The first punishment on a new account will also be escalated to a 25-game chat restriction immediately. Understandable. > Your newly made account must maintain an Honor level of 3, 4, or 5 for 500+ games. And you lost me. Honor 3/4/5 are no different from Honor 2, let me make that clear. You can be passive agressive as fuck and be Honor 5 because you play a bunch, that doesn't mean you're any better than an Honor 2 player (though the automated system will think otherwise). Forcing people to level up to Honor 3 first and THEN play 500+ games is a huge commitment that, again, no one will bother doing because the leveling up proceedure will already be painful as fuck in the first place and having to play hundreds more games on top of that...honestly I'd rather just create a clean account separated from the old one so I don't risk an escalation to a 25 game chat restrict. You're asking WAY too much here time-investment wise, especially for people who only play a few games a day. > After fulfilling these requirements, you may file for an appeal with a Riot support agent. Here, you may make your case as to why your account should have it's suspension lifted while providing evidence and a personal explanation of your actions. This is fine, also lets Riot Support double check to see if you haven't been a passive aggressive shit since that's currently very difficult to punish automatically. > Following the lifting of an indefinite suspension, any punishments made to your account within the next 3 months will result in a permanent suspension. Afterwards, your account may start it's recovery. > Too strict, you're already forcing a huge time commitment and you have zero tolerance slapped on for ANOTHER three months? Why would anyone go about this type of process, it's horrificly long and one slipup can cost everything. You'd have to be insanely commited and careful to have a chance, and one outburst would doom things for good. > Since these appeals take a long time to build up (500+ games and maintaining an Honor level) Riot support wouldn't be overwhelmed with requests or appeals. I don't think you'd be as busy as you're making them out to be, especially since it's true that a small % of players actually get permabanned. ---- Overall, I disagree with this direction. Your demands for getting an account unbanned are far too high and would take an eternity to complete due to the minimum game requirement & the pointless Honor 3/4/5 requirement. Add this in to the fact that one slipup on the old account within 3 months (and I mean ANY slipup) would result in a permaban and this gets a thumbs down for me, not until it's made more lenient with a better understanding of how insanely painful it can be to level up a new account and how obnoxious it'd feel to be making no progress over hundreds of games, especially if you only play a few games a day.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kaisa Aran,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E7v0mV7b,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-02T21:38:53.188+0000) > * **Not all toxic players are genuine assholes who want to see you/your family/the world burn.** Some toxic players (like me) just suck at self-control and would be really kind if you got to know us. Being on the internet gives a huge buffer zone where people feel free to do whatever they want without being punished IRL, like a place where you can vent and just have a ball. And, well...for me? I use it. I don't like that I'm mean to so many people, but I can't control myself to be better. Right now the most I can do is be honest about it and try to push away the notion that every player punished by the automatic/manual system is toxic, some people have a bad day and some just can't control their temper. Being a bad person online is not directly correlated to being a bad person IRL. For me, it's not even about self control, I'm extremely great at self control. I just enjoy speaking my mind, and expressing myself without the irl social rules. But yeah, most people that are toxic don't flame someone personally, they just want to speak their mind based on the current circumstances of the game/hate of the moment.
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E7v0mV7b,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-02T21:46:27.681+0000) > > For me, it's not even about self control, I'm extremely great at self control. I just enjoy speaking my mind, and expressing myself without the irl social barriers. > > But yeah, most people that are toxic don't flame someone personally, they just want to speak their mind based on the current circumstances of the game/hate of the moment. This is correct, emotions run wild and people say dumb shit like they please because since it's the internet people who are usually bottled up can go ham as they like. It's not really 'genuine hate', more just letting loose because you don't fear consequences and just want to get the anger to go away (not to mention that because of self-serving bias people are more likely to shift the blame onto other so that they can feel better about themselves). People who are genuine fucktards and do things like Shaclone does on a daily basis are mentally unstable (speaking from experience here) & don't even function well in the real world.
: They should not issue bans for anything chat related, that's just bull shit. They should also express in their ToS how they have a zero tolerance policy which includes hate speech, encouraging suicide, which is an automatic 14 day ban when the system catches it
> They should remove bans for anything chat related, that's just bull shit. Here's the thing - People get REALLY depressed sometimes over the shit you tell them over the internet. It's not everyone, but when it happens it's nasty. For example during two of the games in my loss streak I was being shit talked by the same player twice in a row. I couldn't punish them because they wouldn't have triggered the filter, but what they said really hit hard and made me feel even worse about, well...everything. Words can cause a lot of damage to the emotionally vulnerable and it's because of that, because of how I feel sometimes that I understand why chat punishments exist in the first place. With that said I still and will continue to disagree with Riot on permabanning as a result of chat behavior. Permamuting a player has (in my view) no real downsides and would help the new player experience since when some people get banned they level up/buy another acc and ruin things for a bunch more people. I've leveled up all five of my accounts manually (with the exception of the fourth, which was banned during the process) and I ruined a lot of people's days in that process that I wouldn't have if my original account was just permamuted. On top of this the feeling of losing all your investment into an account can just make things even worse for players and make it feel like 'well, now that I've lost all my shit I just don't give a fuck - time to troll'. Add that into the fact that some people have different standards of what's 'abusive' chat-wise than others and you have a situation where people are claiming they're being banned for things they wouldn't find offensive & proceeding to troll & int on new accounts just to get spiteful revenge. Permamuting would result in none of this and while it's true that players would (if still overly toxic) result to other methods of toxicity, those will just seal the deal for their accounts and give Riot plenty more room to ban those fuckers without mercy. I've requested a self-mute feature only accessible/toggleable while out of game for a couple years now, and I hope Maple gets something working this year. > They should also express in their ToS how they have a zero tolerance policy which includes hate speech, encouraging suicide, that is an automatic 14 day ban when the system catches it I believe they have this in some form, but further clarification would always be nice even though the majority of players can't be asked to read a ToS.
: My 5th account - why it may get banned in a few days, and my feelings on it.
I feel like I should take the time to talk about some other stuff, just because I feel like it's good to spread awareness. * **Multiple reports do not matter.** Don't be a dumbass, it would be easily exploited by parties and even duos in Solo/Duo ranked. This is a huge misconception and when people wonder why they get punished for saying stuff like 'report X' and 'x9' it sort of...yeah, just shows that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Multiple don't matter, one is enough for the system to do a once over on your logs & trigger some other scans to see if you've performed bannable behavior. * **Not all toxic players are genuine assholes who want to see you/your family/the world burn.** Some toxic players (like me) just suck at self-control and would be really kind if you got to know us. Being on the internet gives a huge buffer zone where people feel free to do whatever they want without being punished IRL, like a place where you can vent and just have a ball. And, well...for me? I use it. I don't like that I'm mean to so many people, but I can't control myself to be better. Right now the most I can do is be honest about it and try to push away the notion that every player punished by the automatic/manual system is toxic, some people have a bad day and some just can't control their temper. Being a bad person online is not directly correlated to being a bad person IRL. *** Zero Tolerance Words will (most of the time) get you banned regardless of the severity.** Zero Tolerance Words are essentially words/statements that you'd only say to fuck with people and be an absolute dick - stuff like kys, neck yourself, jump into a cement mixer, even racist stuff like the N word. If you say a ZT word, even if it's with friends and for fun the automatic system won't care and you'll still usually get punished. * **Riot has a great support team.** When you do get to talk to a person at Riot on average they'll be pretty fucking dope and kind, though I will admit it varies based off the specific employee. In my full experience with them over the past 4 1/2 years I've met a lot of kind and well meaning Rioters who do care and are actual human beings behind the screen, and they do their job. Sure it's not everyone and I can understand the frusturation with copypasta responses (of which I've gotten and frankly hate with all my guts) but they are real people, they do exist, and they do mean well. Fix the communication issues though Riot like dear lord make sure they know what they're talking about (infamous Malzahar R can be cleansed example here). *** If you got punished, you're most likely guilty.** The system is a carefully refined filter that anaylzes your statements upon being triggered through a report and gives you a punishment based off the severity of your statements + the current standing of your account (whether it's been punished already or not) - it's not some dumb shit that picks and chooses who to ban. If you got punished you deserved it 95% of the time and I can guantee you that a lot of players are less honest about that then they'll care to admit. If you see this bullshit in Player Behavior or anywhere else, challenge them by asking them to send an uncropped reform ticket & entire discussion between them & a Rioter - usually they'll fudge something or come up with another excuse. Just speaking from experience here. That's all, although I can't help but wonder if I'm missing something.
Rioter Comments
: Life From Nothing: Entities from the Void
Ahh, my favorite region. I love this, thank you for the information. It might come as obvious from my username, but Kai'Sa's interactions with the Void on a physiologic & psychological level are what make me insanely curious as to how the Void actually operates. I mean we could ask all sorts of things like: * How does the suit (likely an evolved Void Touched Entity (VTE) by now) interact with Kai'Sa's physiology? How does it transfer her essence to sustain herself, how does it know what she wants it to do, is it even possible for them to 'communicate'? * How does Kai'Sa's mind interact with those of the Watchers? Are they completely disconnected since her VTE was never truly connected in the first place, or did the effects of being in The Void Caverns include a faint neural link? To escalate things to 11, what if the Watchers are fully aware of Kai'Sa's unique existence and WANT her to live, to observe the anomaly function and grow as if it's a lab rat? * How powerful is Kai'Sa? She survived and thrived in the Void Caverns, yes - she's almost certainly the apex predator there thanks to experience & the suit's evolution. But what if she had to face a Voidborn, or could it be that she's already faced plenty? And if she's faced Voidborn and adapted from it, how far is she going to 'evolve' alongside her suit? At what point do we start to see something ala Metroid Fusion where her suit undergoes extreme physical change to become even more capable of its niche, and how would that affect Kai'Sa's fragile human biology? Evolution is very, very interesting. In my view, Kai'Sa is the Void's ultimate anomaly - a hybrid of biological material & Void essence that despite all logic manages to exist, grow and only become more powerful due to the unique advantages provided by the symbiotic relationship between Kai'Sa and her suit. So in a world where the Void spreads without mercy, where the ultimate unmaking should spare no entity, a universe where the Watchers utilize their 'nothingness' like clay...just what is Kai'Sa, and is she the X-Factor both sides need to shift things into their favor?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 15
I'm still hoping you guys look into Kai'Sa's AP/Hybrid itemization & how those are doing win-rate/pick-rate wise compared to Crit build, it really does feel like Crit is crowding out any other option for her at the moment and for a versatile ADC meant to be able to utilize multiple different builds if the situation calls for it it's sad to see that Crit is dominant where it shouldn't be. On top of this her winrate is still bad [according to U.GG](https://u.gg/lol/champions/kaisa/build/) and the fact that it's staying around the same as the pickrate for Stormrazor + Guinsoo goes down leaves me concerned.
: We got you, friend. THE VOID RECOGNISES ITS OWN.
Don't forget the Anti-Void squad! {{champion:24}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:145}}
squirleon (EUW)
: I don't like how kai'sa is becoming just another crit adc after the unique parts of her kit were nerfed. To me she isn't interesting if she is just a crit adc, because that way the unique interactions of her kit are just neglected, especially the fact she can build ap.
> [{quoted}](name=squirleon,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=AKGEKLMT,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-02-13T16:54:36.509+0000) > > I don't like how kai'sa is becoming just another crit adc after the unique parts of her kit were nerfed. To me she isn't interesting if she is just a crit adc, because that way the unique interactions of her kit are just neglected, especially the fact she can build ap. Seconded, seriously hoping Riot takes another look at her other builds at the moment and tries to give her something for Hybrid/AP, there's no reason to go anything but Crit right now as it is.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 8
Hey Meddler, as a Kai'Sa player I'd like to give my thoughts. Kai'Sa is struggling right now primarily because people are adjusting to her no longer getting a 2 item Q+E evolve with Stormrazor + Guinsoos & (as you mentioned) are trying out various new builds now that crit itemization changed. Does this mean she's going to be terrible? No, she still has strength with her evolves and her kit will always have the outplay potential/versatility necessary to keep her winrate relatively high. However I am concerned that with the resurgence of Crit ADCs like Trist, Jinx & Caitlyn that Kai'Sa will end up falling out of favor due to a weaker mid-game & her inability to siege turrets/make nearly as much use of Stattik Shiv 1st item compared to the three aformentioned ADCs. In other words? Kai'Sa is gonna end up being weaker and will probably get replaced by Trist/Jinx/Caitlyn since they'll have a better mid-game and about the same late game. Personally I would want this to be addressed through giving Kai'Sa more late-game power (as having a weaker mid-game is a fair weakness in my opinion and two item Q+E evolve was crowding out other builds unhealthily) - in particular her W's base damage at later ranks, her passive's on-hit AP scaling/Plasma per stack scaling & potentially something with her base stats. Those are just my two cents though, hopefully this is of some use to you. **tl;dr:** Without two item Q+E evolve her mid-game will be weaker and she'll probably fall somewhat out of favor since Caitlyn/Jinx/Trist will just be better mid-game and around the same late-game. With that said I think that having this sort of weakness mid-game is fair (especially since the Q+E double evolve was unhealthy in terms of build diversity on Kai'Sa) & that if power should be put anywhere it should go into her late game.
: In short, I really hope we can dig into the lore for the Void and Voidborn more this year, as you're not the only one with questions. I think the one important thing to remember is that the creatures in the comic are, like, "newborn". That is not their final form or anything like that. The Void is not an upgrade, and will corrupt and change over time. The Watchers... well, that's a different matter altogether... (literally!) ;-)
> [{quoted}](name=Scathlocke,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=I2cLcM9e,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-28T19:51:41.615+0000) > > In short, I really hope we can dig into the lore for the Void and Voidborn more this year, as you're not the only one with questions. > > I think the one important thing to remember is that the creatures in the comic are, like, "newborn". That is not their final form or anything like that. The Void is not an upgrade, and will corrupt and change over time. > > The Watchers... well, that's a different matter altogether... (literally!) ;-) I'll love you forever if you give us some more context on how Kai'Sa's sort of an 'exception' when it comes to her survival and what potential her suit may have evolution-wise. In my opinion she's a big X-Factor that needs more focus than she currently has, though that's definitely a biased claim to make.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 18
Hey Meddler, if you have time can I ask what your personal opinion on Kai'Sa is at the moment in terms of strength in pro play & SoloQ? Just curious!
: Skin Universe Lore in 2019: Alt Fantasy, Multiverse Theory, and You
All I'd like to say is that: A. I love alt universe work and hope it continues full steam ahead! B. I'd love, love LOVE some more lore around Kai'Sa (filling in holes about her character for instance, primarily on how she 'survived' and how the interactions with her suit have changed her biology) but that's a discussion for another time C. I feel like the direction that should be taken right now is a focus on fleshing out older/popular alt universes (Star Guardian, Battlecast & Worlds skinlines) than creating new ones, that way I think things can slowly be updated so that while new content is impressive the older but now updated content can hold its own. In other words - update old content now so that it can compete well against new content later. And of course I'll join the community in saying that MF needs a new VO & that it sort of sucks that we didn't even get to see the experimental one you guys came up with on the PBE (the one that was tested internally but given super mixed feedback). Either way, looking forward to the future!
: For pre season changes there is a big change that is gonna make many of us really mad
Heavily disagree, it's a good change. Forces people to pay attention to loading times & makes it easier to coordinate lvl 1 invades since no one will (hopefully) be AFK anymore.
Rioter Comments
AD Yuumi (NA)
: on it
Just curious did I miss something or did the planned post detailing how Nexus Blitz went never get published? Meddler promised something like this a month or so back and it never came to fruition (though from this comment it looks like things went well).
: A lot of the videos people have mentioned here are pretty old... I hope it's clear, we actually do write scripts for new content, now. 'Annie: Origins' springs to mind... and the Odyssey CG, and even some of the 3D model teasers have original monologues written specially for them. Not every video needs dialogue, of course - but I'd hope we can see more of this, going forward! :-)
Is it possible that in the future VAs can come back for these sort of cinematics and not only play their character again in the cinematic (see Jinx) but that ALSO the lines they say in the cinematic may be added into the game? In other words they'd be coming back not just to replay their part in a cinematic but also to add a few nice voice lines for their champ :) If I'm being too unclear - Having new cinematic dialouge from VAs being a potential addition to pre-existing VO in-game.
: > I bet tantrum $20 RP (like he needs it) that it was the word "Augs" that triggered it. I can't wait to get that skin when I login:-p. There was nothing that should have triggered this. The ML scores were low and no ZT words were used. I've asked our QA folks to try and repo, and our player support folks were looking for other similar instances. My guess is some sort of strange side effect from processing an Odyssey game. We take false positives like this very seriously.
>ML scores >ZT words I'm curious to know what these are.
: Team for 2 Augment mission
Added you, waiting on one other guy so that we (may) have 3.
: FYI
Stole my crop from the subreddit LUL But I have to side with Jamaree, Mako is best girl.
: (LF Party) Odyssey Onslaught 2 Augment Challenge
> No idea where I'm going to find people for the 2 augment challenge and sona/ziggs only one. Well you have one person right here. Just need 3 more.
Rioter Comments
: So what you are saying is you didn't attend. You could have showed up to see what it was like and given an opinion on whether it was helpful, neutral or harmful, but you decided without even entering the room. Your opinion is no less speculative for being near the room that it happened in.
> [{quoted}](name=Erol The Nomad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yMabbwNr,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-02T22:58:39.740+0000) > > So what you are saying is you didn't attend. You could have showed up to see what it was like and given an opinion on whether it was helpful, neutral or harmful, but you decided without even entering the room. Your opinion is no less speculative for being near the room that it happened in. [When I see someone with -50+ downvotes (I've been waiting to use this). ](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdTaSJZtbYo) Begone fool.
Fízz v2 (EUW)
: Yeah but she is already more than viable in pro play (especially mid, so buffing her wave clear isnt gonna help top more than mid), while having very good stats in plat-diamond+ soloq (she is way better top than mid in soloq for some reason).
> while having very good stats in plat-diamond+ soloq (she is way better top than mid in soloq for some reason). Her winrates suggest that her midlane > toplane in both SoloQ and Pro play - See my Gameplay+ post. > she is already more than viable in pro play (especially mid, so buffing her wave clear isnt gonna help top more than mid) That's exactly my problem, I wanted them to nerf her burst pattern and shift that power over to DPS so that she would be less dominant mid/more dominant top (where she belongs). This buff benefits them both and does nothing to combat Irelia mid being an issue.
Fízz v2 (EUW)
: hold on.. why is Irelia getting buffed again in the first place? XDDDDDD oh well, at least shes fun to play
She needed a 5-10% increase in minion damage because her Q being nerfed a few patches ago made last hitting pretty annoying when it came to melee minions (you'd almost always underkill them by ~5-10 hp). So in other words - a minor QoL change to compensate for a previous nerf. But tripling that value? Yeah, that's exactly what we DIDN'T ask for. Now the buff's way too strong.
Rioter Comments
: Bless you for reading!
<3 ~~Ahri forcing Kai'Sa to put on makeup and look pretty for Malz so that she could get revenge on Rek'Sai for being most popular girl would be a great panel, just saying.~~
: Academy Adventures 3
I needed this so badly (seriously - I love these comics), bless you Riot.
: Both items feel rather underwhelming. Spear is ok on assasins and skirmirshers as late item, but actuall bruisers usually don't get enough bonus ad to really get that much value from it, and often can't get a kill within the 6sec window, or they get CCed/kited befor they can get off that AA to proc dragons heart anyway. What most people forget is that the reduction from sojin unlike most other flat reductions is applied **BEFORE** other damage reduction, so it has poor synergie with other defensive stats. Actually, i think in most cases, Death's Dance would be a superior pickup, the combination of lifesteal and damage-delay can keep you alive quite efficiently. I'd prefer it haveing less ad-scaleing but appling after all other reductions so it works better with more defensive builts rather than something that a glasscannon can get as 5th/6th item to be less squishy. wouldn't mind it loosing some raw ad aswell if we therefor have some more noticable damage-reduction. For me it feels like it should be more off an defensive pickup, similar to steraks, not an off item that has some defense. For athmas, maybe if damage finally is adressed and fights last longer, but else the delay on the damage totally kills it, and even then stacked, the stats are not that impressive for most bruisers...maybe if it built from raptors and gave regen+pointrunner and/or maybe some extra defstats vs multiple opponents. Compared to guinsoos, which for melees usually stacks up much fater than 5sec, it gives just less face-value in stats and that is even without the very powerfull phantom hit and the aditional mixed on-hit damage, so it really feels like the payoff for the stacking time just isn't there.
**tl;dr: Forgot about Death's Dance, think this is a legitimate concern but that Death Dance costing 600 more gold & _technically_ being better in dueling/splitpushing (or should be) and worse in teamfighting keeps things in an okay spot, maybe buff Spear slightly through buildpath/base stats if DD is outperforming in both aspects.** Shit, I forgot about Death's Dance...good point. DD is way more consistent & trades 200 HP for 20 AD (which if you have the money to buy DD then you're definitely going to get more value out of). But still, cost is an issue - DD costs 600 more gold than Spear & like I mentioned in OP you're already delaying Spear pretty hard with other items first, at least on Irelia. I would say that (considering both items in their current states) if you're snowballing then DD, otherwise Spear is a worse but cheaper alternate that'll still do fine if used right. However... > For me it feels like it should be more off an defensive pickup, similar to steraks, not an off item that has some defense. I actually think the item's purpose is fine, it's just situationally outclassed by DD. With Spear your job is to charge into the enemy team, get Dragon's Heart and then cause mayhem for 6+ seconds while you try to cut their carries to peaces. With DD you're taking(or should be taking) a more aggressive approach that says "I don't need to respect their damage as much, I can just cut them apart and outduel their toplaner 100%). So while I can see the two having similar purposes & DD appearing better in functionality (especially if you're aiming to splitpush/duel) I think that the two have pretty decent niches - It's just that DD may overlap a bit too much either because it's too strong or because Spear is too weak. I don't really have much to say on Atma's at this point, from what I've been seeing its the type of item that only comes online in the mid-late game (unless you benefit immensely from HP stacking/AD - see Mundo, Sion, _maybe_ Poppy/Kled) and with how things currently are damage & meta-wise I doubt that it'll be seeing much functionality until games start going longer again. It just has an awkward build path & doesn't bring enough to the table in the initial stages of the game.
: Spear doesn't actually feel super broken based on trying it as Riven and Irelia. It does however make the enemy team have to put more focus on you to kill you in a team fight. Atma's just lacks reason currently for Irelia and Riven. Most fights are done really quickly for them and the armor and MR is too small to consider over other options. I could see juggernauts finding Atma's being a good option though due to higher base damage and often times being in longer fights. I would really like to see what Riot thinks about both given their testing on Nexus Blitz.
Yeah, I think this sums it up pretty well. Spear is looking like a good option on AD fighters who are more damage oriented (Riven, Irelia & Camille to name 3) but Atma's is more of a juggernaut-AD tank option since it doesn't really synergize that well with squishier kits. Pretty much what Riot intended, good on them.
DearPear (EUW)
: I'm not buying the complaints OR the justifications about sexualized characters. Both are dogshit. Ashe's breasts should proove really troublesome for her to actually use a bow like that. Have you seen the body of most female athletes? There are many over-sexualized characters in most games. That's a fact. There are no "b-b-but they warriors and warriors = big tits" happening. However, why should it be wrong? Are the complainers that uneasy with the idea of sexuality? Are they really thinking that a woman's body is something either sacred or dirty? These are just boobs, period.
Speaking from experience I can summarize the core of the issue in one simple sentence: Men (especially younger ones) have no fucking clue how to treat a woman, especially when it comes to her body. It's a mix between living in fantasy land & giving into your desires (as seen by the guys who designed Ashe for instance) or maintaining realism and pushing down your desires in favor of white knighting for the sake of women. The people who prefer the former adore sexualized characters while the latter view it as nothing but abhorrent because they've decided that if they can't be happy with sexuality then no one can. In other words - it's an overcomplicated mess because hormones have turned dudes into a mess in terms of handling women with the spectrum ranging from 'absolutely supporting sexuality' to 'no lewds in my christian server or I fucking ban you' with most people in-between. Then there's the feminists who think that anything sexualized & female is sexist solely because it's sexualized and female and because there's totally no overly sexualized male content out there (though I admit that things are currently still very disproportionate in terms of male-female sexualization and that equality is deserved in that aspect).
: I thought ahri's lore was that she was an actual fox that absorbed magic. Or is that old lore.
Old lore. She initially became a fox-human hybrid because she absorbed the magic of a dying sorcerer by pure chance (right place, right time). New lore has her as a vastaya from birth and (like some of her kind) the benefit of having magical capabilities came with her genes. If she wants to she can absorb people's life energy (souls) with her magic, very similar to how she would try to maintain her humanity in her old lore except that in the new lore it's not to keep her human, it's to energize her and to help her out in niche situations (again, see 'A Fair Trade').
: > [{quoted}](name=ShinodaChan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TPw3l6L7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-24T19:58:31.740+0000) > > But what did THAT chest give you? Only Nightmare Tryndamere =(
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TPw3l6L7,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-24T19:59:42.356+0000) > > Only Nightmare Tryndamere =( Well #### that...unlucky.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Kaisa Aran

Level 315 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion