Chermorg (NA)
: It really isn’t. Think of it this way - his teammates most likely muted the person being toxic when they were toxic. They would have done so to mitigate having to see further toxicity. Then OP goes and repeats the toxic behavior - it doesn’t matter that it was *repeated*, he said it and thus is responsible for the damages it caused/could have caused.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VxLMdrFc,comment-id=0000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-06T13:46:27.606+0000) > > It really isn’t. Think of it this way - his teammates most likely muted the person being toxic when they were toxic. They would have done so to mitigate having to see further toxicity. Then OP goes and repeats the toxic behavior - it doesn’t matter that it was *repeated*, he said it and thus is responsible for the damages it caused/could have caused. People obviously disagree with you. just take the L here
: How in the hell is Irelia hard?
> [{quoted}](name=NvestmentPlanker,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=fNqxjAET,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-12-06T02:28:48.437+0000) > > How in the hell is Irelia hard? Bruisers are currently awful
: Haven't played vs an aatrox this season, but last season he was actually very underrated. People keep complaining about him being weak and next thing you know, they'll overbuff him like ornn and then look at the playing public as we cry "nerf pls" and think to themselves "are you happy now... hahaha that'll teach them a lesson".
> [{quoted}](name=woodvsmurph,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=fNqxjAET,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-05T23:06:30.247+0000) > > Haven't played vs an aatrox this season, but last season he was actually very underrated. People keep complaining about him being weak and next thing you know, they'll overbuff him like ornn and then look at the playing public as we cry "nerf pls" and think to themselves "are you happy now... hahaha that'll teach them a lesson". I think for that to happen he'd need a mini rework or something because as is his kit is just not very good
: He doesnt require terrain now?
> [{quoted}](name=NocturnalSheild,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZrH0lAMA,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2017-12-05T19:31:50.508+0000) > > He doesnt require terrain now? No he still does. Riot just made the knockup much more generous
Rioter Comments
: You mean the one you can side step?
> [{quoted}](name=RookPusher,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZrH0lAMA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-05T19:21:05.160+0000) > > You mean the one you can side step? Can't sidestep the aoe knockup, they made it much harder last patch. Have you been living under a rock?
Rioter Comments
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: I don't frequently check out Reddit or Youtube when it comes to LoL. You've just shown me that bug for the first time. Now granted, I might not intend to actually use it, but your claim that "no one" is going to learn it from this thread has been officially debunked. I also don't get how you can make that claim when, from how you tell your story, you too were unaware that this bug existed before your encounter. Now, apart from this, I just have to ask: What exactly **is** the point of this thread?
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4WfYAJuE,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2017-12-03T17:48:29.809+0000) > > I don't frequently check out Reddit or Youtube when it comes to LoL. You've just shown me that bug for the first time. > Now granted, I might not intend to actually use it, but your claim that "no one" is going to learn it from this thread has been officially debunked. > I also don't get how you can make that claim when, from how you tell your story, you too were unaware that this bug existed before your encounter. > > Now, apart from this, I just have to ask: What exactly **is** the point of this thread? What **is** the point of your comment?
: Asking for report a form of harassment. Which is against the Code of Conduct in the Term of Use. So yes it is.
> [{quoted}](name=Zombie Gerbil,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HYNXaLEm,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-12-03T20:25:55.792+0000) > > Asking for report a form of harassment. Which is against the Code of Conduct in the Term of Use. > So yes it is. Actually a quote from riot tantrum said that is is against the ToS but really a bannable offense. Take this L
: The Hollowness of the Retribution Arc: The plotholes & dead-ends.
Downvoted without reading the thread because it is my right to do so, commenting because im tired of reading varus lore threads.
Zelorxon (EUW)
: @riot, do i get banned if i type in allchat "CAW CAW MOTHERFUCKER" when playing Fiddlesticks?
Lucasman (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Lucasman,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uGmYrIsZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-03T23:59:37.579+0000) > > what are you even trying to get at? > they arent going to take it away > its not something you can buff Can you read?
: If you might've read the actual post in its entirety, you would've noticed that I'm not asking for a reversion to Varus's old lore. I actually go forth to encourage them to stick with their decision, but use this experience to reflect on future decisions.
> [{quoted}](name=DoctMagnus,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2E03zWRt,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-12-03T22:13:40.241+0000) > > If you might've read the actual post in its entirety, you would've noticed that I'm not asking for a reversion to Varus's old lore. I actually go forth to encourage them to stick with their decision, but use this experience to reflect on future decisions. I don't care. I'm sick of people posting about varus no one gives a fuck about the lore except the closet homophobes who are pissed
: A Heartfelt Letter to Riot on Varus
Downvoting you because im sick of all the annoying varus posts, riot isn't gonna change it so stop literally making the same exact post as every single other person.
: I am feeling crazy guilty atm
And this guy is a moderator?
: > [{quoted}](name=k wìx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kmcALo3l,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2017-12-03T02:18:00.455+0000) > > A few things... > > 1.) I don't really think you have any idea about my skill as a player nor do you know if I'm a good Xerath player. But who cares? That wasn't the point of my post.. it was about how I felt. Skill be damned. > > 2.) Zoe is basically on perma-banned status. Xerath is not. Trust me. If Xerath was as good as your trying to make him out to be, his banrate would reflect that. In high level play, he is not competitive. He's too easy to counter pick. Please find me a challenger who says otherwise. > > 3.) My initial post was less about nerfs for anyone - it was just about how depressing it is for me to see Zoe essentially outperform Xerath in pretty much every metric. I feel that she does, and it bothers me - wanted to post about it. I don't really care about nerfs one way or the other. 1. How you feel is utterly irrelevant? Xerath is a top 3 mid laner currently in pre season. All evidence points to this and you're crying about him being bad. I can deduce quite a lot about your skill level actually considering how utterly clueless you are about the current state of the game. 2. Every new champion release has been perma banned for the first few weeks so whats your point exactly? Xerath is sitting at a 53%winrate and Zoe is sitting at a 45% winrate. Statistics dont lie, your significantly more likely to lose in a game against a Xerath than you are against a Zoe. 3. Except Zoe objectively does not out perform Xerath in every way? You're making that up. Xerath currently has a higher winrate Xerath out ranges Zoe Xerath has stun which is a superior form of CC to her sleep Xerath's Q, W and R go through minions, none of Zoe's spell do. Xerath's Q is actually easier to land and less telegraph Xerath has a slow, Zoe does not. Xerath has a semi global ultimate, Zoe does not. Simply because Zoe does more damage with her Q does not make her superior in every way. You might wanna get informed and know what you're talking before coming to the forum and straight up lying making shit up.
You're so ignorant lmao. Faker has said on video Zoe is broken. Her winrate is dragged down by the peons playing her in low elo.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kaladin Davar,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MPqsWbJH,comment-id=000400000001000100000000,timestamp=2017-12-03T01:09:47.225+0000) > > Only a very vocal minority is upset with the lore, That is why it won't be changed no matter how much these kids cry Because a very vocal minority in the LGBT are praising Riot for their decision to make an specifically stated heterosexual character homosexual, giving them an angle over the nay Sayers, branding us as homophobes wrongly. Most people like it because there is a cool music video, they don't genuinely care about his character and lore like we do. That being said, the players that took an interest in Varus's lore pre revamp are themselves a minority group, but the vast majority of that minority group are one in their collective dislike for the change. We know nothing will change, that is why we are angry. We lost our character to a crowd pandering Riot, so let us be angry. We have that right at least.
Nope sorry, the fact that you instantly label this LGBT shows that you're just crying over the fact they made him gay, i honestly don't give a shit about lore at all and i could care less whether the champs are gay. I'm just annoyed at all the people on the forums crying about varus lore being bad when it's obviously much better.
: The reason I'm super pissed about Varus lore rewrite.
Riot isn't changing the lore, cry more children.
: Want to talk writing experience? We can, show me anything you have produced. Most of my work is unfinished and on paper, but my experience as far as time spent doing it is nearly a decade. What is more is that you don't need to be a good writer to understand what story is or isn't good. If a consumer doesn't like a product pushed at them, they have every right to be upset.
Only a very vocal minority is upset with the lore, That is why it won't be changed no matter how much these kids cry
MysterQ (NA)
: Sadly, I feel many people are being blinded by the visuals. The story had no development, but people think it had more.
Old lore was trash compared to new lore, anyone with any experience in writing will know this. Salty children stay mad.
: To be fair, the OP doesn't indicate the change of subject noun, meaning that if you take his statements at face value, he's talking about himself the whole time. He should instead have said: "Gets mid; ally dodges. Gets mid; ally dodges. Gets mid; ally dodges. Gets mid; ally dodges. AUTOFILLED SUPPORT."
To be fair, anyone who has a brain can infer that someone else is dodging and not him
4th3t0s (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kaladin Davar,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AXFEE29w,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2017-12-02T21:33:36.342+0000) > > Cry more you children, the new varus lore is much better than the old lore. If only you people would understand you crying is what causes this kind of shit to happen in the first place.
: Just going to leave this here for the memories
Cry more you children, the new varus lore is much better than the old lore.
WarWork (NA)
: This Varus thing makes riot seem super scary. . ..
No. Riot just made it clear that they don't listen to vocal minorities. That is a good thing. The video and comic were received we except by the boards members. The boards are just filled with crying children.
: Well for starters, the old lore made a much more solid tragedy. Varus gave his very life over to the corruption (darkin) because he had nothing left to live for, and felt an overwhelming need for vengeance. If you want to get extra technical about it, it wasn't even Varus's idea wholly. The entity that he was entrusted to guard was cunning, and spoke to Varus in images, sensations, and visions, some of which were conquer. It wore away at its guardian's mind, until the day of the invasion and Varus was forced to choose. He just couldn't live with the consequence of said choice. The old Varus lore is a (somewhat) typical story of Vengeance, yes, but at its heart it is a masterful tragedy depicting a man broken with grief, and consumed with hatred. The Darkin promised him power, and Varus cared not for the price. That is what sets his story apart from Lucian or any other story of revenge. This is the story of a broken man, in every aspect. Even the term Varus means broken (loosely) or a deformity. --- Now How does this lore make more sense than the new one? Well the new lore, in a nutshell, is a typical love story where two lovers are attacked and one is mortally wounded. In an attempt to save his lover at any cost, the healthy lover surrenders the both of them to a Darkin who uses the sacrifice to gain a mortal form. The new entity, Varus, is a body that he can not fully control, because of the consciousness of the two lovers who fight against him for dominance, and that is where we are. An unholy trinity of characters meshed into one body. The new lore as elements of tragedy, yes, but Kai didn't die. Val never felt what it was to be alone, to have everything he had ever known and loved torn away, especially not torn away because of his conscious decision not to act. He never felt the overwhelming helplessness of a dead family and destroyed home. Hell, after the transformation Val got the best possible outcome, as his lover was saved, and that between them, they can overcome the beast that controls their joined body. The new Varus lore (arguably) isn't a tragedy at all, as there is an air of hope. Val and Kai seek a way to free themselves from the Darkin plaguing them, and if they are successful, they will go back to their old lives, and not to mention, a loving family and home. --- So in short, the old lore made a lot more sense in the way of creating the story of a man who turned to a Darkin in his lowest moment, and was by far a more tragic story that we can relate to. Val seemed selfish in his decision making, and there is room to argue that he is a bad person for doing what he did, but no one really blames the old Varus for his decision. It was his own life to throw away, and what was there left to live for anyhow? Revenge was the only path he had left. There was no sense of normalcy to return to. --- I like the new lore, and look at it like a fun read. I do think it takes away from what people like about his character however, and Riot should have done some polls through the community (or at least the highest percentage of people who play Varus, as they are the most likely to care about his persona) before making such massive changes, but what is done is done. I prefer the old to the new, but my preference doesn't change what is. Old lore > New lore
Old lore was compared to new one, anyone who thinks it's better obviously has no experience in writing. Stay mad you children.
: Because the Social Justice MO is about removing and replacing established material and traditions, not creating their own. The concept of a family, especially fatherhood, is hated by the LGBTQ movement and that is why the father/husband aspect of Varus was retconned and replaced with gay lovers. I'm disappointed Riot has decided to go down this route.
Nope, salty children are just pissed varus lore was changed gay.
GigglesO (NA)
: Why not just use the story for a new champion?
Cry more about the varus lore you children. It's not changing
Rioter Comments
: As a Husband, Changing Varus's story has broken my Heart (Open Letter to Riot)
My god the boards should just be deleted, this post is an obvious lie.
: Most of Us Can Accept Change Riot, But...
Post the name of the account you play so that we can disprove your obvious lie about game times.
Dasdi96 (NA)
: I think I am just going to ban vayne this whole season.
Think i'm just gonna ignore every post made by people below plat. Checked your match history and this is a vayne QQ post.
: People were complaining about the lore changes well before we knew the specifics of it.
Yes. the ACTUAL people who cared and there was NOTHING on the main page about it. All these people spamming the main page about it now just don't like that he's gay.
Rioter Comments
Rockman (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Necrozard,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=e9v63Imv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-30T16:26:51.028+0000) > > 1°) Voice over can be changed, and it isn't even that much incoherent. You know that changing a character into a completely new one "Because" is completely dumb. They have to do a full update, but since the new form isn't actually that different it would be stupid. > > 2°) It's a good thing, makes lore unified. Varus is like a reverse Kayn. You don't get to call lazy writing unified. I should just make Blitzcrank and Orianna have the same lore to "unify" it. > > 3°) Pallas is a city Its a pit. > > 4°) It's a darkin tragedy , a love tragedy and a human tragedy. It's even better The human tragedy doesn't exist once the transformation is over, and the Darkin tragedy only exists to push another character. Also the love tragedy is basically https://i.imgur.com/5EgQt0i.jpg[/img] > > 5°) More darkins, more champions, more lore. That's the opposite of a problem yeah just shove all that shit into a blender and drink it, MORE INGREDIENTS JUST MAKES IT BETTER
Boohoo the people who don't like gay champs can cry more on the boards. nothing will change
Rioter Comments
: They enjoy tearing down anything straight. It is a power trip to them. Sad, petty, power trips.
> [{quoted}](name=DariusDemiurge,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OmX5VE6K,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-11-30T21:43:53.493+0000) > > They enjoy tearing down anything straight. It is a power trip to them. Sad, petty, power trips. You're cringe af
: Varus being CHANGED to Gay feels wrong for his character
Who cares? They have scrapped other back stories and people didn't care.
: why so sensitive, all I said was shut up, or can you not take does small words?
The only one who looks sensitive is you bruh
: > [{quoted}](name=Kaladin Davar,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=LZ0eNgrM,comment-id=000800010000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2017-11-28T04:01:14.520+0000)That is how our world is mostly. That's why even though all of the mods deal out punishments they aren't really hated that much, sure mods will ALWAYS get a small amount of hate no matter what, but I would say that 90%+ of people on the boards think the mods are a great addition to the boards, but I would also say that there is one specific mod that this doesn't apply to. I wonder why that is? Apologies, but I'm not going to get into a conversation about a specific moderator on this thread, especially if it's going to be a guessing game of what I think you think an individual does or doesn't do. As I said, we welcome specific, actionable feedback, and this conversation (if you wish to have it) should have its own thread on [Discuss the Boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation), or you should come to the [Moderation Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) to discuss it. Nothing against you or your feedback (which, as stated, is always welcome), but I really don't have the time to beat around the bush when it comes to what issues you may have. I hope you understand. :)
You either misunderstood or are making an assumption. I have nothing against Laughing Fish but I'm just stating what I have noticed that the rest of the boards think.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kaladin Davar,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=LZ0eNgrM,comment-id=0008000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-28T03:39:55.001+0000)LOL no wonder the mod team is like this if people are telling them things like that. That is such an AWFUL way to look at moderating. In my experience, no one will every be perfectly happy. I'd hazard that at least 40-50% of the people whose behavior ends up requiring moderation either don't believe what they did was against the board rules or simply don't care. As such, even a moderator who plays 110% by the book on a board where none of the rules occasionally require moderator discretion will end up getting hate from some of the community -- I know, because I've *been* that guy on other forums and servers in the past. It's ultimately unavoidable. I'd put an addendum that in an ideal world no one bitches about moderation because everyone accepts punishments when appropriate and the community is entirely on the same page with regards to where the lines are drawn in edge cases, but, unfortunately, that's not really a plausible real-world scenario. We are always looking to improve though, and welcome specific, actionable feedback on how we can do so.
"I'd put an addendum that in an ideal world no one bitches about moderation because everyone accepts punishments when appropriate and the community is entirely on the same page with regards to where the lines are drawn in edge cases, but, unfortunately, that's not really a plausible real-world scenario." That is how our world is mostly. That's why even though all of the mods deal out punishments they aren't really hated that much, sure mods will ALWAYS get a small amount of hate no matter what, but I would say that 90%+ of people on the boards think the mods are a great addition to the boards, but I would also say that there is one specific mod that this doesn't apply to. I wonder why that is?
: If nobody complains about a punishment it means violations of the rules aren't being dealt with. It's the people that refuse to accept the rules that complain about them being upheld.
"If nobody complains about a punishment it means violations of the rules aren't being dealt with" more flawed logic.
: As I always told them; if nobody is bitching about your moderation you aren't doing your job. And like I said, if you've got a problem, tell them. And be specific, not this "ppl hate him for *reasons*". That doesn't help anyone and you'll be disregarded.
LOL no wonder the mod team is like this if people are telling them things like that. That is such an AWFUL way to look at moderating.
: "A very large percentage of the boards"? The people that can't follow and repeatedly refuse to follow the very simple [Universal Rules](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/4LgZ2EwM-universal-rules) are the only ones that hate him (the one I assume you mean), and they are only a tiny tiny percentage of the Boards users, as most people don't have this problem. He interacts with more of them than most because he does a lot of moderating, so that is why more of them recognize and focus on him; not because he's doing anything wrong. If you have a problem with one of the Volunteers, post on [Discuss the Boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) or visit them on the [Moderation Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification).
Your logic is extremely flawed. All mods enforce boards rules but they don't have insane amounts of hate. There is a reason this one specifically does.
: This is a structure reorganization more than anything else. The Volunteers have been doing exceedingly well for half a year, so if you think "this should be a shit fest" then they must be doing fine.
Gonna have to disagree with you. I know for a FACT that there is a volunteer that a very large percentage of the boards HATE with a passion.
: Balancing the game...Gameplay boards style!
I love this post so much, gameplay in a nuteshell
: I'm probably in the process of quitting myself. the game has become more homogenized and one dimensional for a toplaner, especially someone who wants to play one or two champions only. counterpicking has become a thing (it shouldn't ever have been), junglers have far too much impact on toplane, morde has been in a shit spot for too long, certain champions are unyieldingly toxic and unnerfed for ages, and so on
> [{quoted}](name=Mortekaiser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EsrFrElq,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-11-27T10:41:35.443+0000) > > I'm probably in the process of quitting myself. the game has become more homogenized and one dimensional for a toplaner, especially someone who wants to play one or two champions only. counterpicking has become a thing (it shouldn't ever have been), junglers have far too much impact on toplane, morde has been in a shit spot for too long, certain champions are unyieldingly toxic and unnerfed for ages, and so on Counter picks have always been a thing, and back in s4 they were even more important than they are now.
Pandeonor (EUW)
: _"Champions who are unhealthy balance"_ Let me know what "unhealthy balanced" is in your opinion (the only half of an argument you left in this discussion).
> [{quoted}](name=Pandeonor,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UA1ItaQj,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-11-27T09:25:04.588+0000) > > _"Champions who are unhealthy balance"_ > > > Let me know what "unhealthy balanced" is in your opinion (the only half of an argument you left in this discussion). Nice incomplete quote. unhealthy, balance nightmares
: Video pls. Can almost guarantee that you're walking into it's hitbox range. Just like you activate or pop traps from other champs by walking on the edge of it, same applies here.
He means it's like fizz's ulti pre fix. It's latching on when it shouldn't be.
Engelin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kaladin Davar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UA1ItaQj,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-27T06:16:24.457+0000) > > Pretty much all of the champs that I didn't list, Do i really have to point out something THIS simple for you? So champions you personally dislike don't belong in League. You're a fucking joke. I have _never_ had _any_ trouble with _any_ of these champions.
> [{quoted}](name=Engelin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UA1ItaQj,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-27T06:18:38.395+0000) > > So champions you personally dislike don't belong in League. You're a fucking joke. Did you even read the post? Or did you just come to the comments after reading the title and start furiously typing? Champions who are unhealthy balance nightmares designed by certainlyT do not belong in this game.
Show more

Kaladin Davar

Level 31 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion