Kanzler (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=000700000000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T19:06:10.474+0000) > > Boxing for instance? Even if the Boxer WANTS to continue, if his team and especially Coach throw in the Towel, you also have to listen to the team‘s decision and stop the match. > > And no, i‘m not french Alas, you still cant get it right. I asked for a team sport. If league was solo I would have no problem with you quitters doing your thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=00070000000000000000000000000000000000010000000000000007,timestamp=2019-10-17T00:27:13.163+0000) > > „I hate people with the mentality that if they aren‘t winning in the first 15 - 20 minutes, they already want to surrender“, which is a implication to something i have literally never said before. You falsely accused me of exaggerated things i didn‘t even say at all and started to either ignore things yourself of what i said, or changed the points i made. Yet, here you are, saying that i did all those things. > > You are proving my points here Mr. Hypocrite. You keep coming back. No one likes you, quitter. Accept your downvotes be done with it.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Did we get a glympse of a Shyvana VGU in the trailer for Wild Rift?
Considering they haven't started working on shyv, the answer to your question is no.
: Will ARAM games count towards the Annie-versary skin?
: Lore and narrative clearly are not something you care about, so I see no point in further discussions with you.
How presumptuous of you. I'm just saying that you should let people dress how they want, not how you want.
: _**Uhm what?**_ I don't have a "narrow narrative" I'm trying to "force the stories and characters" on. I'm trying to apply the characters to _Riot's own narrative and world building endeavors._ When Riot tells us that Senna and Lucian hunt the undead, you expect them to dress appropriately. In no narrative existence - mine, Riot's, narrow, or broad - is wearing long drapy cloaks, gigantic long braids, and tiny heeled boots _ideal wardrobe for hunting monsters._ That kind of outfit will literally get you killed. If you're running from a zombie, it can grab your hair, and pull you down. If you're trying to run away from a horde of wraiths through a withered forest, you don't want the long cloak you have on to get caught in a bramble or a cluster of tree branches, yanking you to a stop and to your death when the wraiths catch you. If you're trying to run from monsters on a cliff side, or through a marsh, you don't want to be wearing tiny heels that will either catch in a crack or stab immediately into the earth to anchor you in place. When you're being pursued by a monster who can fling a hook out, you literally do not want any part of you to be a larger target for his hook to snare you by. Just about everything regarding Senna's outfit is a death sentence to a hunter. No amount of imagination will make this outfit believable on someone who's supposed to be nimble hunter.
And your narrow narrative is what dictates your belief on what is appropriate. So again, focus on dressing yourself.
: Because I care about stories and how people fit into those stories, and how those stories make sense. That's part of the immersion in video games and such. Riot purportedly was working to make a viable universe and world that builds up on that. When you have characters in that world that break down logic this way, it breaks your immersion in that world and unravels the story that's trying to be told. Riot can't build a world with lore while simultaneously creating characters who's design completely shit on the physics and logic of that world. Are you about to tell me that Senna is magically making the undead and stray branches not snag or grab all of the draping fabric and hair that's coming off of her? When you force your audience's assumptions to go to the absurd in order to explain why something is like it is, that's called jumping the shark, and signifies weak storytelling and character design.
Perhaps you need to strengthen your imagination and expand your horizons.it sounds like you're trying to force the stories and characters to your own narrow narrative.
: Let's compare them if you don't agree. Lucian is practically dressed, wearing form fitting leather pants, a sturdy jacket, and what appears to be leather body armor protecting things like his neck and his arms. The most impractical part of his outfit is the tails of his jacket, which you wouldn't want as a nimble fighter who needs to _run for your life as you try to kill and evade the undead hordes_. Senna is wearing a skintight catsuit with her midriff exposed. You can visibly see that there's no substance to her underlayer, and the only thing on top of this layer is a hooded cape and a sarong. Oh, and tiny heeled boots. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about her outfit speaks to a huntress who fights off the undead while _running for her life as she tries to kill and evade the undead hordes._ Hell, her gigantic, long braids are a liability as well, giving her even more parts of her body that something can grab on to and pull her or that can snare on debris and slow her down. Her outfit is not practical in the slightest for the profession Riot is trying to sell us as her profession. There's entirely too much wrong with her outfit that would either get her killed or leave her exposed to the undead. It's no fucking wonder why Thresh was able to kill her and steal her soul when all he had to do was simply hook her cape and reel her in. Senna would have been somewhat fine in appearance if she was supposed to be some backline mage for an army or something like that. It's not fine when we've been told that she's one of a terrifying duo of undead killers who rampage the Shadow Isles purging the undead from them. I DO suppose I must give Riot some props in that she was captured and killed by Thresh, so canonically her impractical hunting outfit would have made that possible.
Why do you care what she's wearing? Focus on dressing yourself instead of others.
Kanzler (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=000700000000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T19:06:10.474+0000) > > Boxing for instance? Even if the Boxer WANTS to continue, if his team and especially Coach throw in the Towel, you also have to listen to the team‘s decision and stop the match. > > And no, i‘m not french Alas, you still cant get it right. I asked for a team sport. If league was solo I would have no problem with you quitters doing your thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=00070000000000000000000000000000000000010000000000000005,timestamp=2019-10-16T01:05:41.372+0000) > > ..Removed by Moderation.. I already told you ages ago that it's not worrh talking to you since you ignore what's said and then claim that I say things I didnt.
Kanzler (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=000700000000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T19:06:10.474+0000) > > Boxing for instance? Even if the Boxer WANTS to continue, if his team and especially Coach throw in the Towel, you also have to listen to the team‘s decision and stop the match. > > And no, i‘m not french Alas, you still cant get it right. I asked for a team sport. If league was solo I would have no problem with you quitters doing your thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=00070000000000000000000000000000000000010000000000000003,timestamp=2019-10-15T22:17:41.729+0000) > > It seems this topic strikes a nerve under the players that suffer under „Main Champion Syndrome“, because they read what i wrote, understand literally nothing and twist and turn what the topic is about. > > I NEVER said, what oh so many kids here seem to think: „when one lane has died at least 3 times, we MUST force ff in the first 15 minutes“. No, what i SPECIFICLY mean is if a match is going bad for the entire Team, the majority just doesn‘t have fun anymore, but minority still does, then the surrender system should not work in the sense that the minority can continue a match that the majority just doesn‘t enjoy anymore. > > They also accuse me of not caring what the team wants... which sounds hypocritical. A Surrender Pol is NOT something that is forced upon others. Let‘s say that one scenario happened, a typical LoL kid with „MCS“ is 0/4/1 in the first 15 minutes and already puts up a surrender Pol. What do you people actually believe will happen? Do you think because 1 guy pops up „Surrender“, that other immediately follow with? In your examples, if that happens, of course the other 4 will smash „no“ within seconds. So THAT argument point is pretty invalid and frankly, VERY missplaced. And if such particular behavior is angering you, then your on the wrong discussion. Try it under „Player Behavior“. > > Also an accusation is that i do not care what the Team thinks... which is also an extreme wrong thrown accusation. In my text, i said that it‘s the dumbest idea that the minority has the bigger saying than the majority. I have NEVER said anything about the Team or anything similar to it. Also, if you‘re one of the minorities that presses „No“, while the Majority presses „Yes“, doesn‘t that make you too not care about what the Team wants? {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} > > The majority wants to end it because it simply is a bad game for the most in the team and they just want to start a new match. NO ONE is forcing those people to press yes. The only thing you do, is bring up the Surrender Pol, if others agree, they press yes, if not, they press „no“, there has literally nothing to do with „caring about what the Team thinks“. And speaking of that... > > If most people want to surrender because they all lack behind and have all a bad game, but only YOU are actually fed and have fun, wouldn‘t it be selfish from YOU to deny what the rest of the Team wants? > > Lastly, people bring up that the Surrender pol HAS to be towards the Minority because of vast amount of Reasons. To that i say... you‘re wrong. First of, this is a simple PC game, not the court of Law in the U.S. or something like that. Just like in literally every other online based game that features a „surrender“ or other type of voting system, it‘s basic knowledge that when 5 people vote, that 3 > 2. Now you think: „well you idiot, Riot just does things differently“ and to that i say, no, they don‘t. If we would want to believe they simply lean towards the minority in a vote, then the „Remake“ surrender vote in the first 3 minutes MUST work in that sense too. Yet, it doesn‘t. If someone is afk, you can make a Remake Pol and vote if you want to end the game or not. And there, if 2 of 4 say „yes“, the game IMMEDIATELY goes towards the „yes“ votes, even thou the other 2 could still press „No“ and it would still end the match. > > „But dude, Remake and surrender are different!“ yes... but actually no. Both feature a voting system that determines if a match is going to end early or not and if they decide to „end the match for the Enemy team too who wants to have fun“. Who knows, maybe the guy who is AFK just restarts the PC and is back in the time of 4:00 in the match. The voting system either works for all the same way, or it simply doesn‘t work. > > The point isn‘t about ruining the game for the enemy Team or the kids suffering from „MCS“, it‘s that if 3 out of 2 people press „yes“ and 2 press „no“, then the system shouldn‘t favor the inferiors. Because in that case, it should do the same with the Remake system. I find it funny that you keep quoting and referring back to a person that you think is agreeing with you, but actually isn't.
: Stuff?
I would, but I'm likely going to be stuck in this morgana binding for the rest of the day so I'll miss the deadline.
Kanzler (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=000700000000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T19:06:10.474+0000) > > Boxing for instance? Even if the Boxer WANTS to continue, if his team and especially Coach throw in the Towel, you also have to listen to the team‘s decision and stop the match. > > And no, i‘m not french Alas, you still cant get it right. I asked for a team sport. If league was solo I would have no problem with you quitters doing your thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=00070000000000000000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T19:32:48.377+0000) > > Canoe paddling then. Yet, here you are, expecting me to bring evidences and examples, whilst you do literally nothing. I made my points VERY clear, yet, your points are: „i don‘t care what the team wants! I want to go and still do solo things and get those kills by myself!“ and that because of that, you are against surrender. So if one person on the team decides the quit, the race is over and everyone else stops competing? I dont think that's how it works. Unfortunately for you, the burden of proof is on the person wanting change. I'm further disinclined to provide arguments since you have a track record of ignoring what I say and then claiming I said something else entirely. The clarity of your points boil down to this: I want it to be easier to quit a game 4 other people and I agreed to play. There are many examples in this world for which a simple majority is not enough to pass. This is one of them for good reason. Stop being a fucking quitter.
Fyrijou (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=00070000000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-15T18:56:12.298+0000) > > Well then, Name a single sport. I'm talking about actual sports, not esports. > > Out of curiosity and totally unrelated, but are you french? I would love to practice mine. Boxing for instance? Even if the Boxer WANTS to continue, if his team and especially Coach throw in the Towel, you also have to listen to the team‘s decision and stop the match. And no, i‘m not french
> [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=000700000000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T19:06:10.474+0000) > > Boxing for instance? Even if the Boxer WANTS to continue, if his team and especially Coach throw in the Towel, you also have to listen to the team‘s decision and stop the match. > > And no, i‘m not french Alas, you still cant get it right. I asked for a team sport. If league was solo I would have no problem with you quitters doing your thing.
Fyrijou (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=000700000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T18:24:22.073+0000) > > You're half right. I do never surrender because I win plenty of games after people like you want to rage quit. > > It's funny how you claim you're putting the team first by wanting to quit and yet complaining that 40% of the team still wanting to play is something attrocious. > > I'd like you to come up with a list of other team sports where teams have the option to quit because they are sad they're losing. Also, you say 40%, like it‘s supposed to mean something big. Well, congrats, in that way, 60% wants the match ended early, meaning that the Majority wants the other and you from the 40% should be WITH the Team, not against it.
> [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=0007000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-15T18:44:16.239+0000) > > Also, you say 40%, like it‘s supposed to mean something big. Well, congrats, in that way, 60% wants the match ended early, meaning that the Majority wants the other and you from the 40% should be WITH the Team, not against it. Well then, Name a single sport. I'm talking about actual sports, not esports. Out of curiosity and totally unrelated, but are you french? I would love to practice mine.
Fyrijou (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=0007000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T17:58:48.433+0000) > > But clearly not enough of a majority to warrant ending a game that all 5 of you agreed to start. Play through to the end and dont be a fucking quitter. > > Nothing is more irritating than people like you in game. Yes, there are, and those are people like yourself who has a serious case of „MCS“ of what Dr. Metal Janna mentioned. Having people wanting to surrender might be bad, but being an egotistical kill hunter who only cares about yourself is worse. Like yourself. I can imagine, you are definitely the kind of player who refuses a surrender, not because of the possibility of a comeback, but because you yourself only want to stack up the numbers in kills, just to satisfy and help yourself instead of your team. Can you for once in your life think of your Team instead of yourself?
> [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=00070000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T18:15:42.409+0000) > > Yes, there are, and those are people like yourself who has a serious case of „MCS“ of what Dr. Metal Janna mentioned. Having people wanting to surrender might be bad, but being an egotistical kill hunter who only cares about yourself is worse. Like yourself. I can imagine, you are definitely the kind of player who refuses a surrender, not because of the possibility of a comeback, but because you yourself only want to stack up the numbers in kills, just to satisfy and help yourself instead of your team. > > Can you for once in your life think of your Team instead of yourself? You're half right. I do never surrender because I win plenty of games after people like you want to rage quit. It's funny how you claim you're putting the team first by wanting to quit and yet complaining that 40% of the team still wanting to play is something attrocious. I'd like you to come up with a list of other team sports where teams have the option to quit because they are sad they're losing.
Fyrijou (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=00070000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T16:30:29.568+0000) > > How does 3 people = the entire team? It doesn‘t, but 3 is at the end still more than 2, which Riot seems to have forgotten and thinks 2 > 3. 3 is still the majority.
> [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=000700000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T17:19:14.847+0000) > > It doesn‘t, but 3 is at the end still more than 2, which Riot seems to have forgotten and thinks 2 > 3. 3 is still the majority. But clearly not enough of a majority to warrant ending a game that all 5 of you agreed to start. Play through to the end and dont be a fucking quitter. Nothing is more irritating than people like you in game.
Fyrijou (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Fyrijou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kq2aGJYG,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-15T16:03:02.283+0000) > > ..Removed by Moderation.. How does 3 people = the entire team?
: They are trying to have a universal launcher for their catalog of games like Blizzard Launcher, Epic Games launcher, GOG, or Steam. A single hub where you can click on any of the numerous titles by Riot Game**s**. That's all.
> [{quoted}](name=Düff McWhalen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HEAKjxbA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-08T16:45:23.635+0000) > > They are trying to have a universal launcher for their catalog of games like Blizzard Launcher, Epic Games launcher, GOG, or Steam. A single hub where you can click on any of the numerous titles by Riot Game**s**. That's all. What other games?
Fyrijou (EUW)
: Why does it take 4 votes for it to accept a surrender?
I hate this "if I dont win in the first 10 minutes, we should just quit" mentality.
Jikker (NA)
: Hello, Looking merely at your removal, it would have been removed regardless of who it was directed towards. Such comments are rude and inflammatory, violating the rules regarding civil discussion and the Golden Rule. From the Universal Rules: > Do not post content intended to insult, belittle, disrespect, or intentionally offend other community members as individuals or as groups. Criticism is an important and useful method of feedback, but must be respectful and constructive in nature. Non-constructive forms of criticism (such as questioning another poster's intelligence or requesting the firing or removal of an individual) are violations of this rule. > > When you choose to participate in a discussion with the rest of the playerbase, always try to be respectful and receptive to another player's point of view. Also, be mindful of how you present your point of view. If a player feels strongly on a subject, don't get caught up trying to have the last word. Just state your side and exit the conversation gracefully rather than give them the opportunity to pick a fight. We don't permit uncivil discussion, which includes cases of bickering, sarcastic replies, arguing, name-calling and the like. Laughing at someone and yelling (as implied by all caps) that you are downvoting them hard is not the kind of behaviour we want on the Boards. We do require that all conversation be civil and respectful towards others. The moderation team strives to not show favouritism towards anyone and all are subject to moderation. If you see someone who is violating the rules in your eyes, regardless of who they are, please report them and we will review the content.
You didnt remove ulanopoo's post where he name calls and engages in 'uncivil discussion'. I reported it and it's still there.
: After you get a chat restrict,how many games will you have to play till honor lvl 2?
: > [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oFQAdAqM,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-10T17:59:09.340+0000) > > Why? Lucians second gun is her gun. "You can keep my old gun, Husband. I have this cool new one *pew pew*"
> [{quoted}](name=MissRippedJeans,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oFQAdAqM,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T19:14:19.406+0000) > > "You can keep my old gun, Husband. I have this cool new one *pew pew*" I think it could open up interesting double adc bot gameplay. Something where they need to be near each other for full effectiveness if both are on the same team. More impactful than the xayah rakan combo, but still not punishing individually if they arent played as a duo. More damage in exchange for not having a support.
: Would be disappointing for her to also be an ADC, tbh.
> [{quoted}](name=Nut on my Butt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oFQAdAqM,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-10T17:55:51.046+0000) > > Would be disappointing for her to also be an ADC, tbh. Why? Lucians second gun is her gun.
: the 15 minute surrender
If it takes the incredibly fed carry 30 minutes to end the game, they clearly arent that fed. Also, if you're still playing at 30 minutes, your 20 minute surrender also failed so your complaints about the 5 'yes' requirement is moot. I've won many games where people failed to surrender at 15. Nut up buttercup and actually play the game beyond the first 5 minutes.
Pyrosan (NA)
: Dominos vs Pizza hut vs Papa johns
Domino's fills potholes. Support them.
: Kinda Sad No Male Witch Skins Yet
I love how this thread got derailed by the semantics surrounding the gender of a witch.
: Why do i keep seeing a dude holding his wang in that pic?
It's a nod to the mods. They love that flag too.
Jikker (NA)
: Good to know {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
I bet you believe everything that a politician/spokesman says too.
Ulanopo (NA)
: Riot Cactopus makes an official statement about HKA and announcers
If they werent being censored, why do backtrack after saying Hong Kong to instead say HKA? The rioter is lying to appease the chinese money.
PreShot (NA)
: Dont Say Hong Kong? Stop buying Skins.
Free [Removed by Moderation]!
rujitra (NA)
: People keep screaming censorship... Honestly, one of the biggest reasons Riot and Blizzard (and other companies) prevent representatives from speaking out about this is for those people's own safety. While your random Joe Schmoe saying something about it isn't likely to draw government attention, someone of "power" - be it an influencer (youtuber/instagrammer/etc), a professional athlete (not even highest level, just any in general), etc.... that person is going to be on the radar of the government officials. The situation (without getting too political) is such that someone may be arrested and detained for an indefinite period of time if China can get their hands on them. I guarantee you that these sorts of "extrajudicial detainment" have already happened to individuals in China/HK who have spoken out against the actions of China (or, by extension, in support of HK). So no, it's not censorship for the sake of being a jerk or trying to please someone - the biggest thing is the safety of League of Legends players who are representing the game on a large scale.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XFm7cF6y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-09T18:21:28.980+0000) > > People keep screaming censorship... > > Honestly, one of the biggest reasons Riot and Blizzard (and other companies) prevent representatives from speaking out about this is for those people's own safety. While your random Joe Schmoe saying something about it isn't likely to draw government attention, someone of "power" - be it an influencer (youtuber/instagrammer/etc), a professional athlete (not even highest level, just any in general), etc.... that person is going to be on the radar of the government officials. > > The situation (without getting too political) is such that someone may be arrested and detained for an indefinite period of time if China can get their hands on them. I guarantee you that these sorts of "extrajudicial detainment" have already happened to individuals in China/HK who have spoken out against the actions of China (or, by extension, in support of HK). > > So no, it's not censorship for the sake of being a jerk or trying to please someone - the biggest thing is the safety of League of Legends players who are representing the game on a large scale. Oh please. That is no way their main intention. It's to not piss off a 1.4 billion person market. Thanos, please.
Ulanopo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shrek Luigi,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=m9QMwyHU,comment-id=0015000200000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T20:35:15.428+0000) > > would tons of people boycotting this game "influence the situation at hand"? because posts like this are certainly going to push people in that direction. get off your high-horse pls. I'll believe it when the slacktivists actually do something.
Isn't name calling against the rules? Reported.
Swimmx (NA)
: What if the LOL world Champions this year speak out in support of Hong Kong.
I would love for more people to stick it to the chinese.
Rioter Comments
Ulanopo (NA)
: How to place issues with matchmaking has been a persistent problem for a while now. It has mostly to do with how we curate the Boards. Curation is different from moderation. With moderation, we're removing things that make the boards a worse place. This is mostly insults, but does include things like discussions that tend to lead to arguments, offensive content and hate speech. This is the majority of what we do. Curation is where we try to make the Boards more usable, which basically comes down to trying to encourage posts that are helpful and relevant. One of the main complaints we get is about the large amount of low-effort or misplaced content. That's because people go into the various sub-boards expecting to see specific kinds of content. If everything was just in one big lump, no one would ever find anything. You don't pick up Sports Illustrated to find recipes for easy, one-pot dinner recipes. That's curation in action. We get a ton of complaints about Gameplay, which is why we created RANT. We also have a couple of other things we're working on for that Board, but it's slow going. Which brings us back to your content. The problem with matchmaking as a gameplay topic is that it's not something players can manipulate. The choice to duo queue is very binary and the effect of that choice is largely under the hood. We don't have specifics on how that choice affects matchmaking, so the majority of the conversation defaults to complaining about it how it creates unbalanced situations, which in turn activates observation bias. Riot's algorithms highly prioritize speed of matchmaking over quality. They also use different MMR's for different environments and different positions. When you see what appears to be an example of poor matchmaking, is it because the available pool was small and they did the best they could? Is it because someone got auto-filled? Is it because they were bored and casually queued for a position they don't normally play? For all these reasons, it's simply not possible to look at a specific match and say "these people were selected because Brittany and Joe decided to queue together." It also not possible to speak authoritatively about the size of the difference duo queuing makes. This means most posts about this topic really belong in RANT, because they don't inform or engage the reader beyond the complaint. Your post was significantly more reasoned than most - especially in the responses - but it's still a judgement call on the part of the moderator. I might have let this one go. This moderator chose otherwise and I can't really fault them for that. As for where the thread should have lived? Probably GD? As I said, that's always been a problem for discussions about matchmaking. I feel like a well-articulated complaint does better there than anywhere else. It gets more responses and better visibility.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aANfAK6j,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-06T12:46:46.902+0000) > > How to place issues with matchmaking has been a persistent problem for a while now. It has mostly to do with how we curate the Boards. > > Curation is different from moderation. With moderation, we're removing things that make the boards a worse place. This is mostly insults, but does include things like discussions that tend to lead to arguments, offensive content and hate speech. This is the majority of what we do. > > Curation is where we try to make the Boards more usable, which basically comes down to trying to encourage posts that are helpful and relevant. One of the main complaints we get is about the large amount of low-effort or misplaced content. That's because people go into the various sub-boards expecting to see specific kinds of content. If everything was just in one big lump, no one would ever find anything. > > You don't pick up Sports Illustrated to find recipes for easy, one-pot dinner recipes. That's curation in action. > > We get a ton of complaints about Gameplay, which is why we created RANT. We also have a couple of other things we're working on for that Board, but it's slow going. Which brings us back to your content. > > The problem with matchmaking as a gameplay topic is that it's not something players can manipulate. The choice to duo queue is very binary and the effect of that choice is largely under the hood. WE don't have specifics on how that choice affects matchmaking, so the majority of the conversation defaults to complaining about it how it creates unbalanced situations, which in turn activates observation bias. > > Riot's algorithms highly prioritize speed of matchmaking over quality. They also use different MMR's for different environments and different positions. When you see what appears to be an example of poor matchmaking, is it because the available pool was small and they did the best they could? Is it because someone got auto-filled? Is it because they were bored and casually queued for a position they don't normally play? > > For all these reasons, it's simply not possible to look at a specific match and say "these people were selected because Brittany and Joe decided to queue together." It also not possible to speak authoritatively about the size of the difference duo queuing makes. This means most posts about this topic really belong in RANT, because they don't inform or engage the reader beyond the complaint. > > Your post was significantly more reasoned than most - especially in the responses - but it's still a judgement call on the part of the moderator. I might have let this one go. This moderator chose otherwise and I can't really fault them for that. > > As for where the thread should have lived? Probably GD? As I said, that's always been a problem for discussions about matchmaking. I feel like a well-articulated complaint does better there than anywhere else. It gets more responses and better visibility. So if you guys dont know, let alone have any rules, about where to put matchmaking threads, why are high quality threads being removed? Arbitrary curating creates far more confusion than finding a certain thread topic in different, but closely related, boards every so often.
: Ok ever-horrible moderation staff please tell me where this post goes
In before this post gets removed for not being in "Discuss the Boards" {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: I would pay $20 toward skins for Summoner's Rift
I would just like more maps for ranked 5v5. Imagine how different metas could exist with different lane patterns and terrain.
: > [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EAfl1uvJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-05T11:38:02.864+0000) > > So what, he shouldn't have an ult unless he builds AP? It doesn't do anything but damage. his ult insta procs passive stacks and grants him attack speed (provided he hits stuff)
No one cares about the attack speed. Sure it is nice, but ezreal damage comes mostly from abilities with autos supplementing that.
bd1299990 (EUW)
: heey guys which champ shold i 1trick? which one is most op when mastered
: The amount of deleted comments speaks volumes on how stupid the boards are.
> [{quoted}](name=IronyAndSublime,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xV8gjtxU,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-10-04T18:14:24.685+0000) > > The amount of deleted comments speaks volumes on how stupid the boards are. It was just one person's comment that, upon removal, caused the mods to remove all the responses.
: South African League of Legends Servers for 2020
If the ROI is there, it will happen. I personally dont think the population is significant enough however. As far as developed nations go, it's pretty much only South Africa in that region.
Jacksin (OCE)
: What's your personal favorite ship?
Inb4 {{champion:1}} x (anyone) jokes
gileskd (NA)
: here is an example I can think of you are a top lane main, on the current patch there are 2 s+ tier champs, you are last pick on your team. if you ban 1 of the s+ tier champs, and your opponent picks the other one, you are at a disadvantage. and one other example, you ban mundo, cause he hard counters your champion you want to play. you opponent can now think, hmmm which champion can mundo counter? oh, its this champion, ill play this champion, its not that much of a counter, but I will have the advantage once I build my core item/hit level 6, etc.
> [{quoted}](name=gileskd,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEEbglGk,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-30T01:47:04.231+0000) > > here is an example I can think of > > you are a top lane main, on the current patch there are 2 s+ tier champs, you are last pick on your team. > if you ban 1 of the s+ tier champs, and your opponent picks the other one, you are at a disadvantage. > > and one other example, > > you ban mundo, cause he hard counters your champion you want to play. > you opponent can now think, hmmm which champion can mundo counter? > oh, its this champion, ill play this champion, its not that much of a counter, but I will have the advantage once I build my core item/hit level 6, etc. You dont have to ban a top lane champ. You can ban the op stuff from other lanes.
: I got perma banned for literally insulting back a person who literally insulting my whole team
: What skin lines would fit your main amazingly that you know Riot won't do?
Bobnana7 (NA)
: Welcome to Worlds Watch Mission not working
I think you need to watch a worlds match. Those only start Wednesday so I'm not sure why the mission is up now.
: An attack was launched on Saudi Arabian oil supplies/factories by an unknown party (thought to be Iran), and has brought the U.S. into a political game poised at another battle with whoever did it, in conjunction with Saudi Arabia. This does mean gas prices will continue to be higher for awhile.
> [{quoted}](name=Asherenyx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aZQzO3Es,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-09-29T17:58:04.944+0000) > > An attack was launched on Saudi Arabian oil supplies/factories by an unknown party (thought to be Iran), and has brought the U.S. into a political game poised at another battle with whoever did it, in conjunction with Saudi Arabia. This does mean gas prices will continue to be higher for awhile. "Unknown". The evidence is pretty heavily pointing to Iran.
Whooppy (NA)
: Only in your mind. Read again everything and maybe you'll get it.
Perhaps you should communicate your argument better. You still have that inconsistency to address because you say it's not about your feelings, but what I quoted indicates otherwise.
Whooppy (NA)
: Read my 1st post and you might get a clue.
Ok, but you still said what I quoted. So there is an inconsistency somewhere with whatever point you're trying to make.
Whooppy (NA)
: Evil doings should be punished. Simple as that. Has nothing to do with me 'feeling sad and teary'. That's why Riot has reporting system which is way too lenient imo.
> [{quoted}](name=Whooppy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=esTl7WwB,comment-id=000100000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-28T23:06:10.315+0000) > >Has nothing to do with me 'feeling sad and teary' You say this, but... >So you don't get offended by hate and insults thrown at you? This is with what you started the entire exchange.
Whooppy (NA)
: What have I done wrong? Why should I ignore and tolerate hate and verbal abuse? Why not ignoring hate and verbal abuse or 'growing thicker skin' makes me 'unstable' adult?
Because choosing to be offended presumably makes you feel all sad and teary. If you just ignore it, voila, you wont feel bad about what some stranger on the internet says! You might even play better. Besides, i've seen what people here on the boards consider "verbal abuse". A lot of times, it's statements from their teammates that are short and blunt. Why would they want to write 3 paragraphs to protect your sensitivities and be distracted from their own lane when 5 words will do.
Show more

Kanzler

Level 217 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion