Kaioko (NA)
: You'd have a sound argument if 88% of Kat's games weren't being played as mid. Of course the other roles are going to have higher win rates when they have low population samples; it just means those that are playing it are either using it as a counter (like Vik top/Taliyah Jg)) or as a one trick
then why did kats mid rate drop from 98% mid, to 88% mid, and why does low population sample not matter, if the population sample is higher than people that main katarina? the excuse all the off role picks are 'mains' has grown old, the amount of off-role games out numbers the amount of all games that all mains play, by 3 fucking times. if thats your opinion, then you statistically don't understand the issue with the math, there is 3x more off role games, than total games played by all katarina mains. So for the second time in this thread, that's just straight wrong. If there were more kat mains games, than off-role games, YOU would have a point, but THERE ISN'T. More people RANDOMLY PLAY KATARINA JG, THAN MAIN KATARINA. Her main rate is about 4-6%, her top pickrate BY ITSELF, passes this most patches. More people RANDOMLY PLAY KAT TOP, THAN MAIN KATARINA.
Lighten (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kat1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BzTLRpto,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-11-03T20:38:28.283+0000) > > I'm NOT BEING BIASED. > > No Champion has had their highest popularity role, at the lowest winrate of all roles, the entire season. OTHER THAN KATARINA. > > FACT. > > Even having your most popular role being the lowest winrate by itself is a fucking anomaly, and this has happened to her the WHOLE SEASON. > > Whatever man. You're completely useless if you don't understand this is a red flag. > > Your 101 explanation about top is fucking useless because that's not what I'm talking about. > > I'm talking about the FACT- HER MOST POPULAR ROLE IS HER LOWEST WINRATE MOST OFTEN. > > Like jesus, it's not that hard to comprehend. I'm not talking about the winrate itself, I'm not talking about the popularity, JUST THE FACT THAT THE MOST POPULAR IS THE LOWEST WINRATE. THATS IT. NO ONE ELSE IS COMPARABLE IN THIS WAY. NOT EVEN ZED OR SOL. > > For fucks sake. > > Show me a champion that has their highest popularity role as their lowest winrate, and I'll let you off as less ignorant. Inting Sion is the only champion that even comes close, and he's LITERALLY INTING. Katarina primary role is LESS RELIABLE THAN SION INT? > > https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/sion > > > As a 2 million point katarina player, it's not even slightly lost on me either why she has such high winrates in other roles. The answer is Free Gold. Katarina is feast famine, and being in such a bad state, she much less reliably can win her own lane. On the contrast, top is an island where she can safely farm much more than mid lane, support item gives her free income that provides a baseline close to midlane, jungle has free npc jungle camp gold, and ADC has someone literally dedicated to making sure you do well the whole game, thus having more success than mid. > > The exact same thing happened to {{champion:163}} when she was nerfed, she could no longer support mid lane, but was still able to powerhouse with the benefits of every other role, while mid was her lowest winrate.(Mid is still her lowest winrate, and this is the ONLY example of what I JUST ASKED YOU FOR, so good luck convincing me bro.) > > So seeing Katarina with Mid as her lowest winrate this season has been concerning to me. Sorry it doesn't bother you, some person who never even plays my champion(you've literally never played ranked Katarina once in any season, ever) or pays attention to these types of details. Honey, don't try me. https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/viktor There you go, what about him? Oh, you don't like outlier cases. Don't talk. Try again once you have a better argument.
You can't find a champion that matches the example without having EVERY role above 50%. I posted stats of Ahri before you even posted this, are you seriously this deficient to think this is the example of what I was talking about? You lost this argument before this post, but now you're just embarrassing yourself and your credibility even more. The fact you cherry picked that one detail and then referenced it wrong anyway makes you such a pleb, that entire post, and you choose to incorrectly cherry pick data based more on vocabulary than the meaning. Ok. You're clearly here to have a reasonable conversation. /not There is always some twat like you that claims these types of arguments are unreasonable, but then in response you're actually retarded and the epitome of counterintelligence. In what universe is a character with 50%+ roles on all roles what we we're talking about? Fucking idiot. Do you have anything reasonable to add? Just kidding, that's a rhetorical question at this point to someone as troll as you. You couldn't even tell me anything but "blue" if I asked what your favorite shape is, you poor neanderthal bastard. You'll learn basic conversation one day, I believe in you. Being proud of your previous response, even at all, is a joke, from a debate standpoint.
: The keystone alone shouldn't be enough to kill someone, it just adds damage in the late game.
The keystone alone can't kill someone, it's REQUIRED 1. To damage them 2. They are already below 50% This is drastically different than considering it an 'infinite scaling rune'. More like "Infinite so long as they are already below half HP".
: A common misconception. AD Morde isnt a thing. You can purchase AD and it will be converted to Magic damage. So really its much more a choice of items with better Synergy. Liandrys has the best synergy thus far.
Anyone that has an auto attack can build AD. That's the point. Mord would probably go stormrazor with tiamat or something. Idk. When you go AD laner, you're normally trading huge kill pressure to be a mid-lategame ball of stats that can push. AP mord is only looking to drop bodies. Anyone that can build AP has a superior late-late game though, and so that's why you don't see mord players do that often because it's strange to farm all game for a mid-late game spike only to fall off at late-late game. But his bonus Q damage is only bonus, I know this because before the IF changes, I would build IF, and also Lichbane, for a massive spike of Mix Damage, not magic. Mix damage is also generally superior to single damage types; it's only once considering penetration that another stat is more highlighted. Seeing as the penetration spike isn't until mid game, and you could just first build IF, and the AD boosts his magic damage also, I was able to one shot people at the 10-12 minute marks with him. It kinda depends on how fed you are, with each extra AD item you're taxing your late game power for more power sooner. But yaaaaa, with the bonus damage to towers AP provides being lost also, it's kinda pointless to build AD and risk late game.
: And you just pointed out another reason WHY it should be SoloQ only in ranked. If a team has a Duo or two they have a massive advantage over the other team. But that is not the reason I pointed out. Its the Boosting that happens that ONLY can happen because of Duo's are allowed.
Uhh, I didn't JUST point out the advantage, I pointed out that it's a silver lining, and certain champions would become completely nonviable solely because they cannot duo. Duo jungle is NOT a superior strategy to having an ADC/Support but you're kidding yourself if you think it wouldn't come to that point eventually when people aren't even allowed to have experience working together. It literally has nothing to do with one player being better than the other, it's that two players must play specifically with each other to gain what's known as 'synergy'. Kalista is already garbage tier, you seriously think having no possible option to duo would benefit her? Or should we buff her so she can soloq, but then becomes an unstoppable monster in pro-team play? The game is 100% a team game, and duo que allows more viable champions. If no one is going to work together, we already know Master Yi is the best choice.
Malak (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kat1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BzTLRpto,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-11-03T21:32:19.858+0000) > > I agree. > > but this shouldn't create a situation where mid is their least effective lane as a result of straight damage nerfs. 49%~ winrate? sure. support outclassing you being a carry every patch because you're too weak now? Ridiculous. > > They should be just strong enough that they aren't committing to playing other roles. like period. But not too strong ever- Agreed? > > Assassins should be defined by role, like how Evelyn is simply a jg. Katarina should just be a mid, and not 'evolve' like Taliyah, a mage. > > The point is mid is best for people that ARE overloaded. But the trick is how to only do that slightly. > > I think Ahri is incredible in terms of balance for mid lane. She has some of the lowest damage(for real). but pulls it off. She is super safe, but any safer, and any less damage, and she will start to feel like kat and play support(something she is doing lately). > > https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/ahri > > > The people complaining about 'damage too high' have truly made 'damage too low' if Katarina support is a more valid choice, and the few people with high damage remaining just rule the game. > > > I wouldn't mind mid being kat's lowest winrate, if it looked more like Ahri. > > But instead it's the same 47% mid / 52% top / 54% support / 56% jungle crap every patch. > Just let her mid. Maybe because people who play kat jungle is like 1 in 1 million, and they know exactly what they're doing if they're pulling off the troll strat. Meanwhile mid is where a lot of noobs learn kat so it skews the winrate. Kat mid is the only viable option(maybe top is okay too). Kat support? That's just trolling.
Kat support is the second all-time highest winrate this season, I love how you all think it's top. Top is the second highest popularity. Jungle, and Support have ruled the kat winrates the entire season, jungle at one point being literally a 93% winrate with a 2% pickrate. My personal kat support winrate is like 80% in contrast to a 54% total winrate. I can literally sit in lane bot, doing nothing, and gain more gold than if I lost mid. Zero Risk.
: I think this is because Katarina is a champion that is very singular compared to pretty much everyone one else. Hence, most OTP's that don't get to pick her in midlane... will pick her in other roles. (I do that myself lul, kat ma luv <3 ) then she gets only very comfortable players in other lanes, while she gets randoms + comfortable players in midlane, lowering her midlane winrate and inflating other lanes'.
I thought maybe this once, but statistically it's way too many for off-role games. She has way more offrole games than players that main her basically. Non-mains just randomly play her as jg, half the patches this season, and do better than mid, is the statistical conclusion. It's insane.
Malak (NA)
: all these hyper mobility champions are toxic and should only be good when played by people who actually put in the time to main them. Meaning they should be on the weak side
I agree. but this shouldn't create a situation where mid is their least effective lane as a result of straight damage nerfs. 49%~ winrate? sure. support outclassing you being a carry every patch because you're too weak now? Ridiculous. They should be just strong enough that they aren't committing to playing other roles. like period. But not too strong ever- Agreed? Assassins should be defined by role, like how Evelyn is simply a jg. Katarina should just be a mid, and not 'evolve' like Taliyah, a mage. The point is mid is best for people that ARE overloaded. But the trick is how to only do that slightly. I think Ahri is incredible in terms of balance for mid lane. She has some of the lowest damage(for real). but pulls it off. She is super safe, but any safer, and any less damage, and she will start to feel like kat and play support(something she is doing lately). https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/ahri The people complaining about 'damage too high' have truly made 'damage too low' if Katarina support is a more valid choice, and the few people with high damage remaining just rule the game. I wouldn't mind mid being kat's lowest winrate, if it looked more like Ahri. But instead it's the same 47% mid / 52% top / 54% support / 56% jungle crap every patch. Just let her mid.
Lighten (NA)
: Alright, like you said, you know more about Katarina, but you're only considering Zed. Let's pick another mid laner. Aurelion Sol. He currently has been underperforming too in mid, his ORIGINAL lane. Yet you have some high superiority because you have high mastery points with Katarina. You cannot make such a claim just to be biased. You can check any other site, and it will show other statistics. What makes you think your's is more accurate? https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/champion/Katarina/ http://na.op.gg/champion/katarina/statistics/mid Before you try to come at me with some bullshit, just notice that your one site only speaks to your terms, which is flawed by itself. Katarina is still performing well in mid, and has been a good pick for this season. Sure, I haven't played her as much as you. Fine. But you don't win by making biased claims with your champion. Sorry.
I'm NOT BEING BIASED. No Champion has had their highest popularity role, at the lowest winrate of all roles, the entire season. OTHER THAN KATARINA. FACT. Even having your most popular role being the lowest winrate by itself is a fucking anomaly, and this has happened to her the WHOLE SEASON. Whatever man. You're completely useless if you don't understand this is a red flag. Your 101 explanation about top is fucking useless because that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the FACT- HER MOST POPULAR ROLE IS HER LOWEST WINRATE MOST OFTEN. Like jesus, it's not that hard to comprehend. I'm not talking about the winrate itself, I'm not talking about the popularity, JUST THE FACT THAT THE MOST POPULAR IS THE LOWEST WINRATE. THATS IT. NO ONE ELSE IS COMPARABLE IN THIS WAY. NOT EVEN ZED OR SOL. For fucks sake. Show me a champion that has their highest popularity role as their lowest winrate, and I'll let you off as less ignorant. Inting Sion is the only champion that even comes close, and he's LITERALLY INTING. Katarina primary role is LESS RELIABLE THAN SION INT? https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/sion As a 2 million point katarina player, it's not even slightly lost on me either why she has such high winrates in other roles. The answer is Free Gold. Katarina is feast famine, and being in such a bad state, she much less reliably can win her own lane. On the contrast, top is an island where she can safely farm much more than mid lane, support item gives her free income that provides a baseline close to midlane, jungle has free npc jungle camp gold, and ADC has someone literally dedicated to making sure you do well the whole game, thus having more success than mid. The exact same thing happened to {{champion:163}} when she was nerfed, she could no longer support mid lane, but was still able to powerhouse with the benefits of every other role, while mid was her lowest winrate.(Mid is still her lowest winrate, and this is the ONLY example of what I JUST ASKED YOU FOR, so good luck convincing me bro.) So seeing Katarina with Mid as her lowest winrate this season has been concerning to me. Sorry it doesn't bother you, some person who never even plays my champion(you've literally never played ranked Katarina once in any season, ever) or pays attention to these types of details.
Satakieli (EUNE)
: To all Bronze/Silver/Low Gold players: Stop flaming off-meta picks
lol. bronze/gold players don't even know what the meta is. I get reported for picking kat top in gold elo, when it's been her highest winrate role for 9 patches in a row, and I personally have a positive kat top winrate, that doesn't matter if I lose 1 game, I'm instantly reported for 'off meta pick' every time by some idiot. I saw someone in gold report another person for picking viktor top because THEY thought he was a mid. The idea of reporting someone over strategy at all in low elo is a pretty egotistical move, if you are low elo yourself; the odds you even understand the strategy you are criticizing is null.
: Pyke has too much going for him
he has a long windup, and unforgiving cooldowns. If you get hit by pyke combo, you deserve to die because he's doing nothing for the next 15 seconds. He has high armor with low hp, so % pen counters him. ADC's seem to think {{item:3035}} is only an item for Talon, so they are never able to damage Pyke. You don't like that he heals? {{item:3033}} is what Last Whisper upgrades into. The problem is ADC itemization. Not Pyke. They never by % pen despite being a damage class, and they never buy HP, despite it being their weakest stat. Both of these stats counter Pyke. zzzz
: I think they meant 13% of 20 is rounded to 2 so its 20+2 = 22% speed buff rather than a 20% speed buff.
it needs to be reworked anyway, it doesn't benefit you unless the MS steroid is at least 2s long, and there are a shit ton of MS steroids that are not 2s long. The min/max was really badly balanced. For example, the 30% MS on heal does nothing with Celerity, because it lasts 1 second.
: Last week of Ranks and all the boosters are out now. GG Riot
Removing duo is a terrible idea because not all champions are strong in soloq. Katarina for example is a trash tier mid, that is more like a jg battle mage that just farms mid, and then ganks with her jungler, compensating her lane pressure with map pressure instead. Without a premade jungle, this is most often a terrible experience, and a loss, and a premade jungle makes all the difference in the world for her playstyle. ADC/support is a similar situation. Is it fair to give an ADC some random support every game if he is good, or allow him to choose his partner that he is supposed to be coordinated with all game? The answer is obvious. They will never remove duo.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kat1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eieFXYee,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-03T18:30:20.517+0000) > > You have 15-30 seconds to &#x27;communicate&#x27; with your team over an ideal ban selection. It&#x27;s just short enough, that no one gives a shit about trying to do that. There is no ideal ban selection in public best of 1. We all get a ban. We all get to ban whoever we want. You probably know how to use macros or copy/paste. Plenty of time to inform your team "I want to play Katarina please." > If you randomly que with me, and you think it&#x27;s unimportant that I have 2 million katarina mastery points, and my second best selection is a 30k mastery blitzcrank, you might want to reconsider that caring about who your team can play matters. I didn't get a choice who I randomly queued into. What I think doesn't matter. I think you should have learnt more than 2 champions before going into ranked. See how what I think really doesn't matter? > This is why intent is before ban phase, because you banning katarina is harming yourself and your own winrate, No. Your inability to play more than 1 champion is costing me winrate. Banning Katarina does absolutely no harm to me. It PLUMMETS YOUR winrate. > I don&#x27;t even risk my own winrate when katarina is banned, and dodge out of courtesy most times, knowing I&#x27;ve been reduced to dogshit. You want the opportunity to put me in this position more often? You put yourself in that position. Up to you. > There is always someone that thinks grief banning is acceptable, regardless of how the rules spell it out, and tries to make arguments that support grief banning, like this one. I don&#x27;t know if you support grief banning, but what I am essentially telling you is that the small amount of time used for the intent phase has saved you from banning teammates, and losing games, countless times already. You honestly couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
If I'm on your team, and you ban katarina, it plummets your winrate too, genius. " No. Your inability to play more than 1 champion is costing me winrate. " So do you want the one trick I win 80% with or not, if the answer is not, I'm voiding my own responsibility the moment you ban her. Your response is retarded, this thread is retarded. I gave you a 100% reasonable explanation of why intent phase is first, and you responded like a jackass. Enjoy your downvotes, I'm hardly giving them to you alone. "You honestly couldn't be more wrong if you tried." k buddy.
Lighten (NA)
: This is a bad argument, due to the fact that Katarina is not performing badly at mid, but rather she is picked rarely in other roles due to lack of cc, or as a counter pick. You can look with Zed too, who has a bigger pick/ban rate than Kat, and also see that his main role (mid) is doing more poorly than top. The reason for this is because they are picked as to counter something in a lane, rather than use their usual lane. Katarina is performing just fine.
Her mid popularity rate was 98% at the start of the season, this has fallen by 10%. She 'being picked up rarely in other roles' is at the highest it's even been(ever), and is also COMPARABLE to Zed's exact popularity rates now, when it did not used to be like this before. Top is her highest second popularity because of not getting mid, but her off role selections are too high to sum up to just this alone. Her off role winrates also have ECLIPSED mid lane all season, this has NOT BEEN TRUE for Zed. I was the one that brought Zed up, Idk why you are suggesting I don't understand what his numbers are, I specifically state " and he even wins top 52% currently," and you tell me this like I don't know that. https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/zed And for the second time, this is about the fact Mid is consistently her lowest winrate, and** no other champion has their highest popularity role as their lowest winrate**. That is NOT COMPARABLE TO ZED. Mid has consistently been her lowest WR role, every patch, the entire season. Has Zed's? No. You litterally only explain top lane, why is Mid most often her lowest Winrate? Yes I know why Top is her highest off-popularity, and winrate, but why is JG, adc, and support higher than mid most patches? Not only are katarina offroles higher winrate, but it's often by incredibly large stratified amounts. This is one of her most balanced patches in terms of winrate differences, and mid is STILL 4th lowest winrate. It's really irritating hearing you call this a bad argument, when you don't really even consider the argument. Your explanation is not complete, but you casually just conclude "katarina is fine" because you understand how top lane works? That's not the point. The point is Mid being her lowest winrate. Care to speak to that? How many times this season has mid been Zed's lowest winrate? Hint: 0 Katarina: 5. And it's commonly 4th winrate if it's not 5th. But what do I know verses you, I'm just some dude with 2 million katarina points that religiously has followed these stats for 4 years, and your generic explanation and IQ are just far superior to mine. Thanks for explaining it to me like I was bronze, and then completely missing the point. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz boards never changes.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ðeviruchi,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eieFXYee,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-03T17:50:49.719+0000) > > Gets rid of intentinal griefing bans, but introduces accidental pick bans. Accidental pick ban is already there. This does not introduce accidental pick ban. That is the point of bans. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO PLAY THAT CHAMPION.
You have 15-30 seconds to 'communicate' with your team over an ideal ban selection. It's just short enough, that no one gives a shit about trying to do that. If you randomly que with me, and you think it's unimportant that I have 2 million katarina mastery points, and my second best selection is a 30k mastery blitzcrank, you might want to reconsider that caring about who your team can play matters. This is why intent is before ban phase, because you banning katarina is harming yourself and your own winrate, and my intent selection saves you from that. I don't even risk my own winrate when katarina is banned, and dodge out of courtesy most times, knowing I've been reduced to dogshit. You want the opportunity to put me in this position more often? There is always someone that thinks grief banning is acceptable, regardless of how the rules spell it out, and tries to make arguments that support grief banning, like this one. I don't know if you support grief banning, but what I am essentially telling you is that the small amount of time used for the intent phase has saved you from banning teammates, and losing games, countless times already.
: unlimited scaling souls that activates on soul charges vs aery that slow reloads flat low scaling damage take your pick
It takes 2,000 souls to kill someone if they add 1 damage each. Dark Harvest is also 'low scaling'. That's not even debatable, if this 4th version is the one they plan on releasing. In the PBE notes when they reverted changes, they spoke of heavily tuning numbers. OP's response, is in response to the fact they nerfed DH on PBE 4 times already so far, and so now, even on PBE, it is gutted. There MOST LIKELY will be buffs added to it before it is released, but the current version requires a 4 hour game to build up enough stacks just to hit the 50% damage cap(Btw you cannot proc it unless they are below half HP,) so 'infinite scaling', not so much, 50% of an HP bar is the limit.
Rioter Comments
DaewnG (NA)
: Gifting Skin Shards to Friends
Trading is anti-money and Riot is normally pro-money. But being able to trade _anything_ with blue essence, or loot, or _anything_ is long overdue, and even greatly appreciated when it's presented as a gimmick, like Xayah/Rakan release and the URF vault. Trading the shards themselves might sound better because they are small, but that could micromanage into thousands of dollars quickly if traded fast enough and if they could be traded multiple times, and that also allows people to stockpile them, something Riot is probably not looking for. I would shoot for not trading shards, but basically having the same process to unlock a skin for yourself, but with the final product being for someone else instead, with the total cost coming out of your account, and straight calling it a gift.
Mizaya (NA)
: Hm I am just confused now, and slightly entertained. YES I am a lowly diamond player (I've been higher but meh, it's not even about that). You are not playing above a gold level on that account of yours, there's just no way to deny it, especially when you have like over 300+ games already. Only way you could actually be a good player is if that's not you playing on your account, and even then what you say is pretty suspect. And If you made relevant points to high level play I wouldn't have brought up your mmr. Look at the worlds meta maybe? Or look at what role is clearly dominant in challenger solo q. The fact that we're even having this discussion with that in consideration is actually sad. At least OP admitted he didn't like ADCs, his post makes a lot more sense now. What you are saying makes no sense. YOU claim ADCs can go into any lane (big facepalm). If you had a 2800 mmr account rn and tried to pick your average bot lane ADC in another lane you'd get reported for griefing. Argue what you want about base stats, (and once again you interpret me wrong because you don't know what I'm trying to say even) base stats doesn't mean shit when you're going to get stomped in lane, out-pushed, out-roamed, out-dueled by the meta picks (and your slightly higher than mages base armor isn't going to help you against APs, either). MEANWHILE, if you are in 1200 MMR and pick an ADC into a lane where you theoretically get destroyed, you might be fine because the enemy doesn't know how to abuse their advantage, and, oh shit you're an ADC so that's good for you! Also, congratz on the offer to LCS in season 1, even though LCS wasn't actually a thing until S3 XD. And S1 was infinitely less competitive than now, but what does it matter you probably made that up too and never played back then.
Yes, I was invited to compete at the first LCS, in season 1. It's almost like Riot knew they were going to make an LCS years before it happened, and were begging people to play. I was a known MOBA pro from wc3 at the time. Because that's exactly how it happened. Yes, 2000 mmr is low elo. I hit 2800 mmr in season 5. Not season 1. Not season 8. I'm sure that's just as shit an answer to you as being 2800 in season 1 though. Or 2800 at all. Katarina was good then(Or at least better), that's most of the reason I am not 2800 right now. The highest katarina in the world is 2600 atm btw, in case you just want to respond to this part with another 'ya right git gud, kat fine'. I'm sure the Katarina Rework is a terrible excuse for me losing 1,000 average MMR and I basically quit trying in season 6, just ask any Katarina, they will agree, that's a terrible excuse. /sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss This account is for spamming normals(and games in general). As you can see, I have 50% more games than you on it, and you yourself have a sick amount of games. So now imagine you played 50% more than that. I've made brand new accounts higher than this account in the first 10 placements, it cuts so deep hearing you call my openly low-elo spam account, low elo. The burn. No pls stop. I had like a 10 winstreak of 2200 flex que games on this account less than a month ago, if you're bored enough to dig through my history, if you're just quickly looking for something better than you. This account also has hit 2800 MMR in standard que, back when it was plat rank mmr. Not like you could learn anything from a 2200 game history though, so I won't beat around the bush like you that that elo range is significant at all, it's not. People int in 2200 like it's bronze ok? We're talking, an entire division above you, are inters. Nothing serious even starts to happen until 2500+ and even then... Calling yourself high elo to win an argument as a diamond 3 is a literal joke. People OPENLY AGREE D3 is trash, just like you do after I call you out on that. If you can't have a conversation because your elo is too high, I think you are misunderstanding what high elo is. ps. adc armor is broke.
Mizaya (NA)
: Honestly I was going to give a long reply to this (I even had it typed out) but I realize you're playing in a different MMR range than me, which makes for almost a different game. A lot of the elements that constrain the meta for higher tier play don't hold there, (e.g. your jungler is pissed that you picked an ADC mid and they have LB) and either way, I don't like arguing about minute details, and what ADC or whatever mains are saying on boards means nothing to me, if Riot made bot lane into a true bruiser meta I would start playing Irelia and shit without saying a word. And yes I am biased, I am not a robot I'm a human. Clearly you are too, but that's okay, people are supposed to have different perspectives and it gives depth to discussion when people can admit that, it's just funny that you act like it's a crime to have a different viewpoint. Let's just leave it at this lmao, I made a mistake thinking that I could have a real discussion here.
I peeked at 2800 mmr, dude just whatever bro. 2000 is still garbage tier incase you don't know. Not 'higher tier' at all. Maybe compared to Bronze. Yes, I realize this account is like 1400 and you can use OPGG. No. That doesn't make a shit of difference towards the point. In fact, my points are more valid in higher elo, and more meaningless in lower elo, exactly the opposite of what you're talking about. ADC unfair armor means shit in low elo when they are inting in terms of positioning, and higher armor means EVERYTHING if they are good at kiting. Enjoy your climb. You're still climbing btw, not at the top at all btw. Not even close btw. Let me know when you're invited to the LCS, like I was in season 1. And I'm not even bragging, I know I'm garbage, that's the difference between us. Higher MMR? let me find an ironic laughing emoji:{{sticker:sg-kiko}} That will do.
: 5 Rules for Junglers that Laners Wish You Would Follow.
Jungle is a support with an ego. It's their job to snowball laners, not farm and get pentakills. If they don't like you, guess what, they are opening your lane and you're never getting help. They don't care if it lowers their chance to win, so long as it doesn't effect their KDA and it's 'perceivable' it isn't 'their fault' that they lost and is 'your fault' because of your 'KDA'. Oh you don't like getting dived 3v1? Should have sucked your jg's dick and not stolen your own tank minion from him. It's like the opposite of the abusive Support/ADC relationship, where instead the support is the toxic one. Your jg is supposed to help you and gank while collecting solo farm in the mean time, and helping counter gank, but instead they steal your farm, lane xp, counter jg and then leave you to die while they try to carry through support role instead of supporting you. Jungle is the most toxic role in the entire game because of people that do this, as a whole I have the least respect for them, and individually, the most respect, when the skill is there, it's overwhelmingly less stressful and easy to win because of them. But your average soloq jg thinks he's a challenger smurf god and is normally only stealing gold and baiting you while being toxic in chat and then solo farming when the team needs them most etc. It's like, you know when people get tilted and try less hard? The Top just gets run over, Bot starts to roam helplessly, mid afk under turret? The main problem with jg, is when they get tilted, you normally just lose because it's now 4v5 while they afk farm, and they just criticize your team from a distance as it loses 4v5 over and over again, while they farm wolves and reassure themselves that counts as 'helping' or 'being useful'. The best jg know their place is serving kills on a silver plate to their laners. Shove gold down their throat if you have to. All the rest are elo-terrorists. I'd imagine soloq jungle sucks to play, or at least as bad as soloq support. But having the one laner, and the communication, and the teamwork where the jg comes in dukes it out, and the laner cleans up, makes all the difference for both players and feels good to pull off.
corylulu (NA)
: 3 years later, Clubs still can't be renamed, deleted, checked, linked, searched, are limited to 3...
im pretty happy with clubs. there could be improvements, but the feature overall is a total success.
Doge2020 (NA)
: Immobile as in no dashes in their kit. Sure Jhin and victor can reach high MS speeds with the correct itemization and runes, but they are gonna be sub-par in terms of movement to somebody that can travel over a wall or multiple walls very fast. And no flash doesn’t count in this case. The “mobile” champs can reach a location faster by directly going over a wall while the “immobile” champ has to walk all the way around the wall to reach the desired location.
SO MASTER YI IS IMMOBILE?
Mizaya (NA)
: Mana costs: Varies by ADC, and really this goes for every champ--the ones with higher mana costs tend to have higher base mana pools and usually higher regen anyways. Doesn't stand out from other classes really. Mana regen: Generally lower than mages who have higher costs (as I said), generally higher than champs like Darius who have way lower mana costs than them. So not notably high in the end. Armor: Higher than mages and some other APs, and there's still a huge overlap between the two classes. Lower than almost everyone else. MS: Can be high when stormrazor + crit items are built. Base movement speed is the lowest in the game though. Cooldowns: Once again varies by champ. Tristana--example of really high CDs, Ezreal--much lower for Q. The armor is, I think (don't quite remember the exact changes in preseason), from the previous seasons when ADs would take armor seals. With the previous rune system, however, the bot lane ADC meta held constant for 6 years or something, so it's not like they're now enforcing something that wasn't already in place before when players had the freedom to choose runes for their stats. So, nerfing their armor more (it was already nerfed in 8.11) would seem like forcing a change of meta. Also, I don't think enchanter supports necessarily favor unskilled ADCs, unless you want to play to go even at best, then yes that's the strat. Winning lane with an enchanter as your support is arguably more harder since you have to engage the trades often yourself, versus an engage support who does it for you. The way they incorporated the 'most popular old runes' stats into the base values is a bit inflexible yes, however that's more of a problem with the new rune system. A lot of ADC mains are talking from the same mentality as people like OP, they simply don't like something and want it changed. Now, I will admit I'd rather quit the game than learn Heimer, but most other non-ADCs I've been willing to play bot when they were meta--Yasuo, Irelia, Swain-- I like some of these more than ADCs anyways. But once again i'll explain the reasons (at least I think) for ADC historically having gone bot: they're vulnerable early and bot is the safest and most adaptable lane because it's a duo (so you can also go a counter lane like Vel'Koz bot we saw at worlds), ADCs typically aren't early playmakers so they're fine with sharing xp. So I think it follows that when ADC balanced, they are going to be top picks bot given no other champs/class are so overpowered as to push them out. I also don't believe that I'm absolutely right on this so feel free to provide counterpoints. As for Riot's balancing of ADs (changing all at once) that was only on some occasions, like 8.11, since I can provide an easy counter example to yours: Vayne's base AD nerf a few season back, not everyone else got nerfed when she did that time. Also, Katarina has 0.1 less base armor than Cait, as it says on wiki, so I don't really think we can call this significant. Besides, she has over 100 more health than Cait at lvl 1.
stats: their armor is broken, the katarina comparison isn't hyperbole, it's literally sick Caitlyn has higher armor at all, even if it's by .1, newer characters like kindred have just straight out superior armor to katarina, and other characters like Draven have higher base also. none of these should even be COMPARABLE to katarina imo but whatever. I feel like there is bias in your other comparisons too. ADC's have easily the most forgiving rotations of skills mana wise, that doesn't even have to be calculated it can be felt. Caitlyn can use a mana reserve of 3 whole rotations, and she regenerates a full rotation every 90 seconds, that's ridiculous, why even have mana, just make them manaless at that point. Xerath a straight out mage, can only hold 2 full rotations of abilities, and takes over 2 minutes to regenerate a single rotation, what you're saying is just factually incorrect. Enchanters are definitely a more defensive support, that's not even arguable. The class you're comparing this too is 'engage support' come on man; ADC's can play in any lane, this is because they are walking balls of scaling stats they shouldn't have, on top of this, they are a damage class. They lack HP, the most accessible and efficient stat in the game, god forbid ADC's learn when Warmogs is an appropriate item. They go bot lane because historically it's the weakest tower and they are ranged, you're completely wrong about that part. The goal of the lane is first tower. The point of the nerfs is that they -complain- when Vayne gets nerfd, because ADC's don't main roles as often, so if Vayne is Nerfd, Draven players defend Vayne on the forums, that's the lunacy of it. None of them can be nerf/buff without all of them being considered by the community, that part is ridiculous, they are not looked at individually, they are looked at as a whole class. This causes lots of issues. Just because they receive individual attention doesn't invalidate the point I made about them receiving 'rainbow' buffs at all. They absolutely do, and more often than individual attention. Katarina is Melee champion with AD scaling that has skimped armor because it's assumed she will build zhoyna every game. When katarina had higher armor, adc mains complained about it. Katarina suffered from the rune changes more than anyone, to the point, Caitlyn is now tanky in comparison. Get out of here even considering a .1 higher armor rating is fair in the comparison, when she should just obviously have less. Not only do ADC's have unfair armor ratings, it's grown over the years.
: they should just make URF permanent if players leave _after it ends_
the problem after that is balancing. I agree with you btw, but riot already cannot balance 1 of their 3 'permanent' game modes. ARAM should be renamed "Did you get Ziggs/Viegar?" Twisted Tree line is laughable and summoners rift meh...is like 6/10, but it's made progress?
3Pec (EUW)
: Leblanc and Relic Shield
so you dont think your clone deserves money or healing. woooooooooow selfish?
Mizaya (NA)
: I don't have much time right now to discuss why ADCs are almost always picked, even though I'd like to. I will say, however, that I don't sympathize with your sentiments since you claim non-adcs being played is good without providing an understanding at least of why they are picked bot all the time. You might as well be saying that you dislike ADCs and ADC players in general. And saying "well all the roles should have multiple playable classes that are top tier at some point" is a really basic way of viewing the game.
If you just want flat examples of what he is talking about, they have -low mana costs -high mana regeneration -high base armor -high movement speed -short cooldowns and none of these things are even related to auto attacks, yet they get artificial stat buffers around the idea of being a 'bot laner'. The high base armor for example is literally to combat another ADC poking them down too fast level 1, they have free armor to potect them from their own class! The meta caters to them in this way, they get free armor, because it's assumed this is what bot lane will look like. Same goes for their absurdly high mana regeneration etc. I think the solution should be to shred their armor to trash and buff hp as need, then buffing enchanters wont be necessary because it will be the only option for the ADC if they are bad, and then if they are skillful, they can benefit from stronger engage supports. It also puts them at risk to non-traditional ADC. But in a nutshell, they would not have this artificial armor stats if that game wasn't balanced around a 2 man adc-sup vs adc-sup, and this buffer of stats is especially annoying when taken to other lanes, and why the irony of adc mains is not supporting a non-traditional bot lane while your average team in low elo is now quinn top, with graves jg, lucian mid and ezreal bot because of free stats. The way they receive damage nerfs/buffs is also super cult-like, no other champion is considered when Shen gets an AD nerf, but if Draven receives an AD buff, 11 other ADC's demand the same 4AD buff. Meanwhile these same players often PLAY the other champions they are talking about that also need buffs, but shen only plays...shen. It's just insane how they complain and triple dip the benefits of it and do demand to just be statistically superior as a role, not even considering the mechanics or skill of the game involved. Explain to me why Caitlyn with a sniper rifle, has higher base armor than Katarina with a knife? Because of years of complaining and ADC circle jerking. That's why.
: If you spell shield the q the game should act as tho you were not hit by the ability. Thats the point of the spell shield. Getting stunned after you shielded doesn't make any sense.
If you use the shield AFTER the slow damage is applied, but BEFORE the stun is applied, I would assume it negates the stun. I feel like I've seen this happen personally. It must hit 2 targets to stun, so if you body block it and shield, I think you skip the cc. worst case scenario, you're blocking huge damage
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kat1,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UuERZVyG,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-05T23:39:17.586+0000) > > Because the implication of honor makes people act more toxic. This conceptually was bad enough with just reports, now it&#x27;s actually ridiculous. I pander to every team I have and quickly tell them I will honor the first-best good play I see, because the direction it immediately goes otherwise is &quot;who do we report&quot;. We aren&#x27;t just punishing bad behavior, we&#x27;re seeking it, and that part is TOXIC to deal with. No one would mute at game start if there weren&#x27;t reports, and people are generally pretty shitty when it comes to honor, as a community people honor the highest kda toxic adc(how predictable honor would work like this /s), not the good attitudes. > > By contrast, all punishment is attitude-only justifications, so it&#x27;s only frustrating for everyone. If that's the case then I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Honor should be something that comes naturally, not something you beg for or hand out willy-nilly. I myself have only recently reached Honor 4 this season but I have never asked for or expected to receive honors from anyone, nor have I seen anyone ask for honors or claim that they will honor the first good play they see. Also when it comes to handing out honors I generally only give it to people who I feel were the most helpful that game and/or had sportsmanlike/friendly behavior, and there have been times where I just don't hand out honors period. Also, even with the previous honor system people did what you claim they do now (give out honors to the highest kda), so not only is it nothing new but it has nothing to do with the honor system and more to do with the people actually using it, at least in my experience anyways. Overall your complaint is more geared towards the honor system itself rather than the OPs behavior, which in that case is something you should discuss in its own thread rather than in this one.
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UuERZVyG,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-06T00:09:19.818+0000) > > If that&#x27;s the case then I think you&#x27;re looking at it the wrong way. Honor should be something that comes naturally, not something you beg for or hand out willy-nilly. I myself have only recently reached Honor 4 this season but I have never asked for or expected to receive honors from anyone, nor have I seen anyone ask for honors or claim that they will honor the first good play they see. Also when it comes to handing out honors I generally only give it to people who I feel were the most helpful that game and/or had sportsmanlike/friendly behavior, and there have been times where I just don&#x27;t hand out honors period. > > Also, even with the previous honor system people did what you claim they do now (give out honors to the highest kda), so not only is it nothing new but it has nothing to do with the honor system and more to do with the people actually using it. at least in my experience anyways. > > Overall your complaint is more geared towards the honor system itself rather than the OPs behavior, which in that case is something you should discuss in its own thread rather than in this one. I didn't say I begged, and I didn't say I gave it away. I've reached honor 5 twice on the same account, and on 4 other accounts. It's not surprising to me at all, because I am a Katarina OTP and have the second highest pentakill rate, so naturally people honor my KDA. I'd like to mention, this is not an excuse for being toxic, and I am not toxic on top of this, but the speed I accumulate honor is proof itself of first hand evidence what I am talking about is true. I'm maybe fine with this? My comment is it's broken. Punishment is broken in a reverse way. You're right it's not completely related to this situation, but I believe in second chances and because his rewards are based on the system, that's why I stepped in here. He realizes he has lost substantial chance at rewards despite his attitude before, or going forward, I have an account in a similar standing that is just thrown there. Not only do I believe in second chances, and that one game IS too stringent to deny rewards, but I also believe that taking that kind of punishment in stride is admirable at the least. The fact he hasn't quit league over it seems more honorable. To segregate people like this and identify them as toxic with a broken icon and everything, just seems wrong. It's a toxic way to treat the player base, the idea is to respect everyone right? His restriction seems fair. Losing rewards doesn't. As every season has felt, but this one is the freaking worst in that respect. Honor is treated like an exclusivity. It's a crappy way to do it. 1 honor system down from 5 is also just more steps back for less steps forward. I'll stop complaining to the advisory now. Good luck OP.
Prandine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kat1,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UuERZVyG,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-10-05T23:11:16.708+0000) > > With all due respect, being honorable is important, the honor system itself is distracting, a disgraceful mess and adds more toxicity than it amends. > > I agree this OP is the flavor of the week when it comes to toxicity, but his grievance about rewards being unjustly lost is felt by me quite a bit. I can&#x27;t see him being very positive in game considering that. It&#x27;s cyclically broken. > > I&#x27;ll probably hit honor 2 before the deadline or whatever, and Riot will probably make considerations or amendments at the end of the season, or whatever, but does it instill confidence in me at all that it works? > > No. I fail to see what this has to do with the OPs behavior or how him behaving poorly and losing honors means that the honor system is broken.
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UuERZVyG,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2018-10-05T23:25:46.149+0000) > > I fail to see what this has to do with the OPs behavior or how him behaving poorly and losing honors means that the honor system is broken. Because the implication of honor makes people act more toxic. This conceptually was bad enough with just reports, now it's actually ridiculous. I pander to every team I have and quickly tell them I will honor the first-best good play I see, because the direction it immediately goes otherwise is "who do we report". We aren't just punishing bad behavior, we're seeking it, and that part is TOXIC to deal with. No one would mute at game start if there weren't reports, and people are generally pretty shitty when it comes to honor, as a community people honor the highest kda toxic adc(how predictable honor would work like this /s), not the good attitudes. By contrast, all punishment is attitude-only justifications, so it's only frustrating for everyone.
Prandine (NA)
: I get that you're frustrated by having trolls in your game, but nothing good comes out of constantly complaining about them and/or flaming them all game long. Not only does that distract from the game but it also gives them the reaction they wanted out of you. Also, calling for reports is pointless since only one is needed to flag a game for review. Overall the punishment is deserved.
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=UuERZVyG,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-10-05T22:58:13.837+0000) > > I get that you&#x27;re frustrated by having trolls in your game, but nothing good comes out of constantly complaining about them and/or flaming them all game long. Not only does that distract from the game but it also gives them the reaction they wanted out of you. Also, calling for reports is pointless since only one is needed to flag a game for review. > > Overall the punishment is deserved. With all due respect, being honorable is important, the honor system itself is distracting, a disgraceful mess and adds more toxicity than it amends. I agree this OP is the flavor of the week when it comes to toxicity, but his grievance about rewards being unjustly lost is felt by me quite a bit. I can't see him being very positive in game considering that. It's cyclically broken. I'll probably hit honor 2 before the deadline or whatever, and Riot will probably make considerations or amendments at the end of the season, or whatever, but does it instill confidence in me at all that it works? No. This is coupled with the fact I have smurfs that easily hit honor 5, and I know countless non-toxic people, that were never reported or restricted in previous seasons, being stripped THIS season. Nothing about honor itself indicates anything about player behavior, it's just another type of account standing Riot can cripple so that someone must make a new account, similar to how my Smurf is also Platinum, but SOMEHOW this account can't beat gold 5. Meanwhile, my smurfs placement MMR is against Hotshot GG. Broken matchmaking, broken honor. No different. The player that stripped my honor was in Silver, he probably raged over something completely reasonable, I still don't know to this day because he inted, while saying nothing.
: I got chat restricted and lost free rewards for this?!??!?!
I lost honor 4 months ago for 1 game, I get pops that say things like "You've been honored 196% more than other players!" super often, and yet I'm still honor 1. I don't even use chat in 90% of games. Meanwhile, my friend in bronze who also lost honor 2 weeks ago for calling someone a %%%, is now honor 2, and I'm sitting here through half the season like wtf, I didn't really even deserve my strip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDUGW2tLeb8 This is the vod of the game where I was chat restricted. My first message to darius was at 12 minutes, asking why he is afk. He said nothing, then opened the rest of the game. I said 'fucking afk' a couple times in all chat at the end of the game, and have been honor 0 ever since. I was previously honor 5 before that, that seems to be no matter if you are reported at any rank of honor, you are now 'dishonorable' forever is how it feels. I also am literally a coach and maintaining positive attitude is part of my lesson. Did you see me quit the game Darius was in? The honor system is a joke.
Rioter Comments
: Usually when someone holds a game hostage, the team will just "Open". I've seen people do it, I've done it, its like the only way around it.
> [{quoted}](name=MarkedOfKane,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g9mqgc4G,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-10-05T22:35:21.605+0000) > > Usually when someone holds a game hostage, the team will just &quot;Open&quot;. I&#x27;ve seen people do it, I&#x27;ve done it, its like the only way around it. The best is when Bronze players are capable enough to know what open means, but not how to play the game. Maybe they suck at lategame, because they have never attempted to play it.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Spicy Crit,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g9mqgc4G,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-10-05T19:25:49.715+0000) > > Just been held hostage for 50 minutes. Bruh, that does feel bad. > It&#x27;s not the &quot;never surrender&quot; thing, it&#x27;s just &quot;Im a 12 year old piece of shit that&#x27;s got every second on this world to play league of legends so imma just have fun with yall&quot; Interestingly, I find the 'I have all the time in the world to play' people tend to surrender more. Because they don't have time limits. It's the people who have time limits that want to make the most of the time they have... because they are far more likely to NOT have time for another game if a surrender happens.
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g9mqgc4G,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2018-10-05T20:09:16.749+0000) > > Interestingly, I find the &#x27;I have all the time in the world to play&#x27; people tend to surrender more. Because they don&#x27;t have time limits. It&#x27;s the people who have time limits that want to make the most of the time they have... because they are far more likely to NOT have time for another game if a surrender happens. surrendering is not 'making the most of your time' it's an arrogant assumption that winning the next game is granted, so quitting this one is beneficial. But what really happens 7/10 times is the person that FF loses the second game too. Winning the single game you played is the most efficient use of your time. Less games played.
: I LOVE having my games held hostage by one fucking troll
1. "It saves more time" Actually, it saves more time to win now. 2. "Wanting to play the game while behind is negative and toxic" Actually, every single game has someone at an advantage, and while that team commonly wins, first tower only yields 70%~ victory. 30% of the time, you will lose first tower, and be the behind team, and statistically you will pull through 1/3 times you try even though you lost the early lead. Not only is there evidence surrender= lower winrate, there is direct evidence by how about how much. It's pretty enjoyable reading the "how often do you win from behind!!! s//s/s/s/s/s!!!!!" quips, because not just that individual, but most of us, win from behind, 3 of every 10 games you play without even being the person pushing for the win in that moment. In a nutshell, people that want to ff/go next are bad players that normally have the least control over the game, and are carried to their ranks, this is why they see time spent = rank, and not nexuses collected = rank. Anyone interested in the speed that they win is boosted, people that know how to win most games carefully and casually take their time doing it. In no universe is a pro player surrendering winnable games, so that he can 'win the next 2 faster'. That's a poor quality meme. I can't even count how many times I've won games my no vote was the deciding factor in if we won or lost. It's enormous, and anyone with a 70-90% winrate obviously appreciates winning these types of games too. The only people that FF, are people that shouldn't have started the match.
: > [{quoted}](name=DANK KAT MEMES,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OgmB2oTp,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-09-23T18:25:43.500+0000) > > The idea a sport has to be physical is like a redneck idea itself; anything with competition can be sport. It&#x27;s not been uncommon in the past for hobbies to become &#x27;sports&#x27; out of competition, for example Disk Golf was considered a fun pass time, before it became so popular and competitive that it is now considered a sport by some. The point is 10x over that the skill and competition of the activity matter more than the physical aspects of it, but jock-heads endlessly defend their own arrogance on this. They also are hypocritical over it too once they grow up and start playing Golf. If what you just said isn&#x27;t a sport, then it&#x27;s basically bird nuts that Golf is a &#x27;sport&#x27;. Under the idea that generally anything that takes skill and is in a competitive environment(Like Golf or Bowling) low physical exertion matters less, to the extent, that even Video Games is a sport. Not all video games are equally sportlike, is another aspect people that write it off instantly overlook too. There are SPORTS GAMES that are less sportslike than League of Legends. okay, but in golf or basketball, it is a physical activity but you do not HAVE to be at your best to compete. With videogames, generally being healthy works, but it is not a requirement in standard gaming, hence why the new category is "E-Sports" for electronic sports, a different category than traditional sports I did not say that it could not be a sport, just that it is unlikely to be recognized as one without major changes to the design of how it works electronic sports are different from sports, do not gather as much attention and require little physical activity, even if it requires a good deal of stamina to compete at the highest levels
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OgmB2oTp,comment-id=000b00000001,timestamp=2018-09-24T01:22:23.283+0000) > > okay, but in golf or basketball, it is a physical activity but you do not HAVE to be at your best to compete. > > With videogames, generally being healthy works, but it is not a requirement in standard gaming, hence why the new category is &quot;E-Sports&quot; for electronic sports, a different category than traditional sports > > I did not say that it could not be a sport, just that it is unlikely to be recognized as one without major changes to the design of how it works > > electronic sports are different from sports, do not gather as much attention and require little physical activity, even if it requires a good deal of stamina to compete at the highest levels babe ruth ate hot dogs and lets be honest, you don't need to be healthy to golf or bowl. the best basket ball players are tall exclusively, healthy is a bonus, and this is marginal compared to other activity to be honest, there is something like a 20% chance if you know someone 7ft tall, he's in the NBA, the entire demographic is being tall. Football and soccer you do need to be fit, but for football players are still heavily placed on their own ability rather than general health, the fast people are running backs, the 'big' people play line backer and people that can jump play receiver with the people that can throw playing quarterback, the specialization has taken over the idea that someone needs to fit some specific health standard in sports. but this isn't true for all sports, mostly sports where all players so a similar activity, like soccer, fitness is very important, but you just can't place a soccer player into ice skates and expect them to be able to play hockey, despite soccer being generally the most fit sport. you choice of words being 'recognized' is pretty accurate, because a sport is more perspective type of thing anyway. Before shooting birds was a sport, it was 'hunting'. Swimming being a 'sport' was just swimming before, etc, an activity being labeled a sport is a secondary label, and also perspective based. This is why the definition itself is vague, and does include esports, because it's broad enough of a definition for anyone to use. skeeball is a sport and you can do that in a wheelchair, im sorry if you disagree it's not physical enough, the purpose of the word sport is to be inclusive, not exclusive. anything is a sport, if you want to be, and enough people clearly recognize esports. throwing little paper balls into the trashcan is nearly a sport, have you seen youtube like DudePerfect where people compete trick shots of essentially anything? to them, it's a sport for sure.
: Well, as a thought, videogaming will likely never receive credit as a sport. It will be a fame and glory inspiring competition, but it is not a physical sport and therefor unlikely to be represented as such in the future though with the advancement of technology such as the Wii and its future successors, there very well could be a physical division of gaming introduced into the sports world blending fantasy and reality would be a wonderful way to express skill and overcoming the competitors physically and mentally. There are tv shows that go into a similar concept, though mostly in the anime genre. The animes that show it tend to refer to the experience as a "Dive" where the player's consciousness becomes part of the game that's an unrealistic expectation with human behavior for now, but a virtual experience with full-body gear could be the future of gaming and express a physical nature to it
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OgmB2oTp,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-09-23T18:16:23.480+0000) > > Well, as a thought, videogaming will likely never receive credit as a sport. It will be a fame and glory inspiring competition, but it is not a physical sport and therefor unlikely to be represented as such > > in the future though with the advancement of technology such as the Wii and its future successors, there very well could be a physical division of gaming introduced into the sports world > > blending fantasy and reality would be a wonderful way to express skill and overcoming the competitors physically and mentally. > > There are tv shows that go into a similar concept, though mostly in the anime genre. The animes that show it tend to refer to the experience as a &quot;Dive&quot; where the player&#x27;s consciousness becomes part of the game > > that&#x27;s an unrealistic expectation with human behavior for now, but a virtual experience with full-body gear could be the future of gaming and express a physical nature to it The idea a sport has to be physical is like a redneck idea itself; anything with competition can be sport. It's not been uncommon in the past for hobbies to become 'sports' out of competition, for example Disk Golf was considered a fun pass time, before it became so popular and competitive that it is now considered a sport by some. The point is 10x over that the skill and competition of the activity matter more than the physical aspects of it, but jock-heads endlessly defend their own arrogance on this. They also are hypocritical over it too once they grow up and start playing Golf. If what you just said isn't a sport, then it's basically bird nuts that Golf is a 'sport'. Under the idea that generally anything that takes skill and is in a competitive environment(Like Golf or Bowling) low physical exertion matters less, to the extent, that even Video Games is a sport. Not all video games are equally sportlike, is another aspect people that write it off instantly overlook too. There are SPORTS GAMES that are less sportslike than League of Legends.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=JohnnyNeverSins,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OgmB2oTp,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-23T11:51:42.938+0000) > ><Removed by Moderation> Actually, a sport is anything that exhibits a skill, and a skill is pretty much anything someone can be exceptional at, so thus, a sport is whatever you decide. Running to the elevator down the hall against your brother, is a sport, and so is the person that can eat a plate of hotdogs fastest. The point is though, 'skill' 'competition' makes up the majority of the definition of 'sport'. Not the 'physical exertion' part. From the dictionary entry Sport: requiring skill ------> _**or**_ <------ physical prowess (and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.) Fishing and Darts basically rival League's activity rate, but Leage takes much more skill than either. I've been able to hit bullseye since I was 10, and Fishing is 99% more luck than skill, Fishing(A real sport) is something people have been known to SLEEP while participating in.
Eedat (NA)
: Thats great. Me and my other dozen of irl friends who used to play are not
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UuEp7cc8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-05T17:25:35.050+0000) > > Thats great. Me and my other dozen of irl friends who used to play are not who gives a shit? Are you diamond 1? Do you even recognize what it is you're watching? You came to boards to try to influence other people not to play because you are having a bad time, good for you. That's not a piece of shit thing to do at all. Why can't you just quit in peace? Why do you have to basically suicide bomb concepts you disagree with? This is a place to discuss the game, if you quit, then cya, nothing left to discuss.
kargish (EUW)
: Spoke to a Rioter about PAX
I'd be all like "Yeah! You tell Riot!" If the engine that drives this controversy wasn't fueled by people that Already hated Riot, and basically NONE of them attended the event.
: > [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WQJiTkqk,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-05T13:07:12.698+0000) > > And ignore the fact that your message is that women are strong and independent and can handle their own, yet you act like they need help with everything. Because equal opportunity just means patronizing one group while demonizing the other for maximum results.
> [{quoted}](name=AnAggravatedPimp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WQJiTkqk,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-05T13:16:38.468+0000) > > Because equal opportunity just means patronizing one group while demonizing the other for maximum results. Equal opportunity also means shutting down any advantage you don't have yourself due to technicalities(Like being limited to 1 gender). Having the same Opportunity isn't enough unless you cut down others to get it.
: I got Moderation messages saying 4 of "my" posts were removed, but they're not mine.
I have a moderation question, why is all of my content 95% removed by the same person over two years? It literally feels personal that no other moderators but this one disagree with everything I post, while several years ago, I had much less 'issues' with the 'moderator team' that wasn't a single person removing all my god damned posts. She literally just deleted a thread I made complaining about banning other teammates selections as 'don't be a jerk' OKAY? So I cannot even have any emotion at all, and you will delete my content regardless, because you don't personally like me or what? That's my question for your 'moderator team'. People are sexist, racist, and toxic on this board all day, but I'm being a jerk creating a thread about League of Legends. k. I must have misread the URL as 4chan.
: I think we should find another game like League, and everyone should move over there.
> [{quoted}](name=Biscuit Bite,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TEw405i6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-03T17:39:55.680+0000) > > I think we should find another game like League, and everyone should move over there. cya
: > [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tVlf3AEo,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T18:56:36.618+0000) > > I&#x27;m talking about intentionally not strategically. Players can purposely sit back and let the enemy have a turret and give them gold just to troll. ok that still isnt INTENTIONALLY FEEDING
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tVlf3AEo,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T18:57:48.851+0000) > > ok that still isnt INTENTIONALLY FEEDING And if I intentionally damage scuttle and use all my macro time to lower it for an enemy that knows I am doing this for him, and give him scuttle, that is not intentionally feeding either right? Because I didn't die? I'm pretty sure you are the one that doesn't know how it actually works.
: then how you gonna communicate with team? use your brain please
> [{quoted}](name=SweetRainTv,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rQI6ULVQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-03T18:53:27.460+0000) > > then how you gonna communicate with team? use your brain please I have way more success with the public voicechat. If someone doesn't want to join voicechat, their communication often pales in comparison anyway, even with chat, and pings fill that gap. Also people muted from VC would likely be muted from chat, so it's redundant to mute all their forms of communication, but I've had comparatively way less flame issues in voicechat, everyone wants to mimic LCS the moment they are on the mic with new players, and use comparatively strong teamwork. The Chat remains a place to only really point out mistakes, while the VC consistently seems healthy, even with strangers. Perhaps chat and VC should be switched, so that chat is enabled in parties, and VC is the default and if you don't join VC, you are dropped to pings.
: > [{quoted}](name=Assassin Fatale,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rRykchAn,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-03T00:41:22.099+0000) > > you should email them and specifically ask why, because nothing that you SAID was worthy or a punishment, but it could be because of something that you did in game 1.Asking to report someone is reportable sad fact but its true. 2.Erik Yeung: retard Erik Yeung: i died twice Erik Yeung: u died 5 times 3.Erik Yeung: this fizz wont shut up either
> [{quoted}](name=Light Burner,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rRykchAn,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:56:38.580+0000) > > 1.Asking to report someone is reportable sad fact but its true. > 2.Erik Yeung: retard > Erik Yeung: i died twice > Erik Yeung: u died 5 times > 3.Erik Yeung: this fizz wont shut up either 1. isn't a sad fact, 1 is what all players with 0 reputation accounts do to push punishment. Anyone with good account standing know reports issued give feedback reports. He's asking people with good standing to trust him on his word that the other people are toxic so he can feel better about them being punished when his account standing is too low to effect this himself. lolololololol. This is the only reason people ask to report and we all know its true because you dont have to say anything when riot listens to your reports. lolololol. Brand new accounts have better standing than the people that say report normally.
: Why isn't banning someone's champion ( if they deliberately told u not to ) classified as griefing?
You obviously ban their champion selection after they bans yours, pick teemo, then afk. They eventually learn. That fact you still tried to win only enabled him as a bully. I went like 10/0 one time as teemo while my team fed, and I afk'd by enemy 1 hit nexus while nunu splitpushed our base over 45 seconds. I'm sure he got the message as our base blew up, and will consider this moment over and over when he thinks about doing this in the future.
: The problem with KYS logic
cutting communication from someone toxic is far superior and treating them like a bot. If you said KYS and you're attempting to claim in this thread it's not that bad, you are wrong. It's the Peter Pan("Tinkerbell") rule. If you understand the odds of commiting murder by saying it, then you don't. Ever. It doesn't matter if you are friends, or in a private IRL setting, or anything, it statistically has chance to kill people it's spoken to, so it is not allowed. Around 10% of league players average out to statistical clinical depression, and you have 9 players with you each game. This type of banter isn't allowed in any sport, maybe at the chain court off the highway this is ok, but it's not generally allowed at all period.
Show more

Kat1

Level 170 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion