Grumpig (NA)
: With Twisted Treeline being removed. This is an idea I had about a year ago.
I really like the idea of a Demacia vs. Noxus style battle, and I'd love to see something added to that, since it seems to have a ton of potential. Maybe something where you have different objectives to obtain (Similar to Twisted Treeline, or the Warfronts in World of Warcraft). Maybe add in siege engines that you can create in one lane, and they act similar to the Rift Herald where they charge up and release a powerful shot to deal damage to the enemy tower. You could change the Tier 1 towers to Barricades, just little wooden barricades with soldiers behind them defending it. The Tier 2 towers could be stone towers and barricades. The Tier 3 towers could be stone towers with gates between them The Inhibitors could be armories or barracks (The armory makes more sense because the Inhibitors spawn super minions when destroyed, and dont affect the enemy minions whatsoever, which falls more in line with an armory that you take control of instead of a barracks that you destroy) The Nexus towers could be Fortress-style defenses, and the Nexus itself obviously being the Command Hall.
Rioter Comments
: Hash does bring up a good point.
I tend to hit “Fill” in my games, since I can play every role. You’d think I’d get support a lot, but I get too the most often, with jungle in second place. I never get ADC or Mid, and rarely get support.
: He's balanced out by the fact that most of his damage is in the form of skillshots, which require the player to aim and lead targets. It's not like with people like Kha'zix who can just delete you with 3 buttons. You also have to remember that he's still an ADC, which means assassins can still counter him, despite Ez having a built-in flash in his kit.
> [{quoted}](name=RainXBlade,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kPurh3tH,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-18T17:29:26.250+0000) > > He's balanced out by the fact that most of his damage is in the form of skillshots, which require the player to aim and lead targets. It's not like with people like Kha'zix who can just delete you with 3 buttons. > > You also have to remember that he's still an ADC, which means assassins can still counter him, despite Ez having a built-in flash in his kit. Ezreal always build Iceborn Gauntlet now, which gives 100 armor, which means assassins basically do peanuts of damage.
: okay as a pyke main..
I'm hitting 5k-10k+ gold from just my ult alone. It's absolutely insane and needs to be changed.
Minarde (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KatMainWannabe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=in2pogJc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-01T20:20:48.793+0000) > > Because not every player can play every champion. It’s that simple. Say you’re a tank main but get an assassin - two different play styles with nothing to do with each other, and you’re likely to know nothing about what to do with your champ, so your team is essentially fighting a 4v5. In TFT, the only RNG you’re worrying about is with times. You adapt your comp constantly, and the only real skill you can put out is through unit positioning and item placement. You can consistently play TFT at the same level of skill, but not every champion in ARAM at the same level of skill. But "ability to play most champions" is a skill that ARAM specifically tests. It's not too different from wave management, teamfighting, or warding for Ranked SR or adapting to items/comps in TFT. Not everyone is good at those skills, but the players who are will (tend to) have a higher ranking/MMR.
> [{quoted}](name=Minarde,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=in2pogJc,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-07-02T00:55:05.808+0000) > > But "ability to play most champions" is a skill that ARAM specifically tests. It's not too different from wave management, teamfighting, or warding for Ranked SR or adapting to items/comps in TFT. Not everyone is good at those skills, but the players who are will (tend to) have a higher ranking/MMR. That's fair, but then you have to consider compositions. With completely randomized compositions for each team, it could be a situation where one team gets 5 supports and the other has a fleshed out composition (Solid frontline, solid damage dealers, and a support), in which case the full composition has a massive advantage over the 5 support team. Like I said in my other reply, Riot could implement a system like this: A) All players have all champions unlocked for the mode B) Each player is assigned a role once they enter champion select and only gets champions for that role (Person 1 gets tanks, Person 2 gets assassins, etc) C) Players can trade with their teammates (Trading gives you both the champion and the role) I think this would be a good system for a Ranked ARAM, as it guarantees that both teams have real compositions while also allowing players to trade for their desired role.
Morbys (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KatMainWannabe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=in2pogJc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-01T20:20:48.793+0000) > > Because not every player can play every champion. It’s that simple. Say you’re a tank main but get an assassin - two different play styles with nothing to do with each other, and you’re likely to know nothing about what to do with your champ, so your team is essentially fighting a 4v5. In TFT, the only RNG you’re worrying about is with times. You adapt your comp constantly, and the only real skill you can put out is through unit positioning and item placement. You can consistently play TFT at the same level of skill, but not every champion in ARAM at the same level of skill. Wrong, the fact someone can complete 3 items in the third round while people are still struggling to complete one makes the RNG of items king over any sort of "skill or tactics" that should be prevalent in the mode. You have RNG with the champions you get already, but compounded with how the items work or in this case, don't work, makes the mode unplayable in a ranked setting.
> [{quoted}](name=Morbys,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=in2pogJc,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-07-02T03:34:34.643+0000) > > Wrong, the fact someone can complete 3 items in the third round while people are still struggling to complete one makes the RNG of items king over any sort of "skill or tactics" that should be prevalent in the mode. You have RNG with the champions you get already, but compounded with how the items work or in this case, don't work, makes the mode unplayable in a ranked setting. While I agree that the item RNG in TFT makes it unfair, you could also say the same for ARAM. If one team is filled with 5 supports but the other team has a fully fleshed out composition (With a solid frontline, damage dealers, and a support), then the team with the fully fleshed out comp is almost guaranteed to win unless they make some huge mistake during the game to throw their advantage. Now with a Ranked mode, sure they could add some system to where everybody owns all the champions, and specific people get specific roles (Say Person 1 gets only tanks for that match and Person 2 gets assassins), while also allowing trading, then I'd say it would be fit for a Ranked mode. However it has nothing of that sort, which is why I consider it unfit ATM.
Spekkıo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KatMainWannabe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=in2pogJc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-01T20:20:48.793+0000) > > Because not every player can play every champion. It’s that simple. Say you’re a tank main but get an assassin - two different play styles with nothing to do with each other, and you’re likely to know nothing about what to do with your champ, so your team is essentially fighting a 4v5. In TFT, the only RNG you’re worrying about is with times. You adapt your comp constantly, and the only real skill you can put out is through unit positioning and item placement. You can consistently play TFT at the same level of skill, but not every champion in ARAM at the same level of skill. Well, that's not true. You can be good at virtually every champion in the game. It just requires you to not one-trick 24/7 and judging by your name, that seems to be what you do. But I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong. I have a decent handle on all champions. I'm not a master of them all but I haven't been playing a lot of League in years until recently, either. So if I can stay away from the game for that long and still be able to play everything with reasonable success, then so can people who play it seriously enough to want to get some ranked action in. If you're not one of those people, the solution is simple : Don't play ARAM ranked. You already have SR to cater to you if you wanna' one trick. It doesn't hurt you for the ARAM players to have their cup of tea. But I didn't know TFT was getting ranked. Why? Wouldn't you wanna' flesh the game mode out some before throwing in a ranked queue? There are so many QoL changes the mode needs and couldn't take much effort to implement.
> [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=in2pogJc,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-01T20:25:26.035+0000) > > Well, that's not true. You can be good at virtually every champion in the game. It just requires you to not one-trick 24/7 and judging by your name, that seems to be what you do. But I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong. > > I have a decent handle on all champions. I'm not a master of them all but I haven't been playing a lot of League in years until recently, either. So if I can stay away from the game for that long and still be able to play everything with reasonable success, then so can people who play it seriously enough to want to get some ranked action in. > > If you're not one of those people, the solution is simple : Don't play ARAM ranked. > > You already have SR to cater to you if you wanna' one trick. It doesn't hurt you for the ARAM players to have their cup of tea. > > But I didn't know TFT was getting ranked. Why? Wouldn't you wanna' flesh the game mode out some before throwing in a ranked queue? > > There are so many QoL changes the mode needs and couldn't take much effort to implement. I'm not specifically a one-trick, however I enjoy Katarina enough to main her while also playing other champions with decent enough skill. However, I can't say the same for other people. And TFT isn't guaranteed to get a ranked mode, IIRC it's something Riot said they were thinking about adding once the mode is finished, and that it would be their goal to work towards.
Dokkaebi (EUNE)
: Throwback to Rito refusing ranked ARAM because of the RNG factor
Because not every player can play every champion. It’s that simple. Say you’re a tank main but get an assassin - two different play styles with nothing to do with each other, and you’re likely to know nothing about what to do with your champ, so your team is essentially fighting a 4v5. In TFT, the only RNG you’re worrying about is with times. You adapt your comp constantly, and the only real skill you can put out is through unit positioning and item placement. You can consistently play TFT at the same level of skill, but not every champion in ARAM at the same level of skill.
: The game has existed for 10 long fucking years, and the client is still trash?
in the last "Riot Pls", they quite literally announced a brand new client. They're likely spending more time on the new client than they are on the current one - obviously they'll still roll out bugfixes and such but they need to spend more resources on the new one. [This one.](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADUMS8oZQkE)
: > [{quoted}](name=ChaosLordMadis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xctKvqRz,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-07-01T00:46:22.266+0000) > > You do know th ey have a new client they have in the works right? This was the new client like 3 years ago, when did they announce a "new-new client"??
> [{quoted}](name=Freeza with an I,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xctKvqRz,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-07-01T02:31:45.245+0000) > > This was the new client like 3 years ago, when did they announce a "new-new client"?? Once you log in, there was an embedded video in the client that lead to the League site with a video about new updates they have planned. One of them was a new, modern client with bug fixes and optimizations. I’m unable to find the video atm but I’ll update this post if I do.
EATARI (NA)
: Rift Scuttler is the epitome of mobility creep.
And don't forget that they have BASE 100 Armor and Magic Resist AND 1000+ base health. Absolutely insane!
Shahamut (NA)
: Will Riot be adding more Champions to the game?
I don't know if {{champion:77}} is in, but he could be a 5* champion like Kayle and Yasuo. He'd be a shapeshifter, wild, and brawler.
Eedat (NA)
: Launch {{champion:5}} Launch {{champion:245}} Launch {{champion:164}} Launch {{champion:142}} {{item:3128}} {{item:3504}} meta {{item:3071}} s stacked Feral Flare Cinderhulk meta
Wasn't Launch {{champion:7}} insanely overpowered too? Like, they had to hotfix her before she even got a few games in, sort of overpowered?
: Morde sitting at 70% ban rate, 13% pick rate, and 56% WR even with 0 expereince on him
As people start to learn to play against Mordekaiser his winrate should go down. This happens to literally every champion. If he's still 54%+ within a week, then think about changing his numbers.
Rioter Comments
: "On My Way" Ping Should Include Timer Based on Auto Pathing Speed
Knowing Riot, this would immediately allow Azir to spawn infinite passive turrets that have infinite range, while also simultaneously causing Neeko to be able to disguise as the ping itself.
: AP Diver / Vanguard Item
I think it would have to be more expensive, probably around 3000 or 3100 gold. If you think about it, it’s stats are better than Gargoyle and gives 50 AP and AoE damage instead of more stats - for only 400 more gold. If it was for 600 more, I think it’d be more reasonable.

KatMainWannabe

Level 110 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion