: > [{quoted}](name=GarensShield,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bOA2X8iM,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T21:54:05.680+0000) > > How do you know she is not teen in the old lore as you said? Lux is not asian, though. I and some others on the Lore of League Discord server asked someone who worked on the comic, Riot A Highwayman. (Her twitter is @metalmaryo.) She confirmed that Lux is 19 in the comic. That's the new lore age. The old lore age is just that she was kidnapped and joined the League at a young age, though I can't find the exact bit about that. ...uh, I'm white (actually, I look enough like Lux to have cosplayed her already), why the fuck are you mentioning Asians? Just stereotypes?
But I thought you meant her height in the old lore 'coz you said "In the old lore, IIRC Lux was a little younger. But still probably fully grown,", that's why I asked how do you know she is not teen in the old lore when she was 5'1. I said asain 'coz 5'1 or 5'4 is average in asian's height. White are taller on average.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bOA2X8iM,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T18:05:02.246+0000) > > Oh wow thought garen is abit taller than that, although pretty tall already. 5'1 is normal to teen height, maybe by that time lux was still a teen. In the old lore, IIRC Lux was a little younger. But still probably fully grown, and just a short adult. (I'm 5'0. It's just a thing that happens. Blame genetics.) Now at 5'4, she's more in the realm of average. (The average woman is ever so slightly shorter than that.)
How do you know she is not teen in the old lore as you said? Lux is not asian, though.
: Describe for me your love of Ezreal. Be as detailed as possible. http://www.auplod.com/u/pdolua802d6.png
> [{quoted}](name=Taric the Gay,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=ayYsWjVL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-25T23:19:46.130+0000) > > Describe for me your love of Ezreal. Be as detailed as possible. > > http://www.auplod.com/u/pdolua802d6.png Ezreal is my beloved sister, thicker than blood. We love to go shopping for puses and go for salon together when Garen is at work. He would be my 1st choice if me and Garen decide to adopt a child in the future. XD
: We’ve given evidence, you say “thats not to garen and kat” even when a simple google search shows that it is. Its no use showing evidence to someone whose head is so deep in their fanfic they don’t take anything else.
So that's what you consider as evidence...? Champion quotes aka what champion says, instead of what it says in the lore about the character themselves. So if I say you and your roomate are a couple, does that make you actually love your roomate?
: Canon is lore. The word canon, means that it is lore!
canon is considered as offical but lore it lore. There is no romance in the lore.
: Its canon whether you like it or not
You can't even give evidence. It's canon fan stuff not canon stuff.
: Canon=lore. If its canon its lore. You yourself said they’re paired off. If they’re paired off by the creators of the world, they’re in love.
canon fan stuff is not lore. There are a lot of offcial fan stuff, but they are not something really happend in the lore story line. canon fan stuff not canon stuff. The creator didn't say they are romantic pairs. There is no sources says they are beyond friends.
: They did say they’re a couple :) go do some more research, forgetting your fanfic
Where they said that? They never said they are romantic couple. shut up with you imagination, if you keep thinking so much, you gonna get bold like pantheon.
: If its promoted its a thing. Sorry to burst your bubble.
It's a joke thing, if not bad one. Canon fan stuff ≠ character's lore.
: Riot makes the story. If riot says they’re a couple, SURPRISE they’re a couple and they love each other. The world of league isn't real life, its a fictional world, so the creators of the world are allowed to decide who loves who, and they have. Even a rioter told you so, you’re just too involved in either your trolling or your fanfic to realize it. They’re telling you in the nicest way possible that taricxgaren isn't a thing so shut up about it.
Riot didn't say they are a couple. And they can not love each other as there is no romance content in their stories. Promoting is like advertising which is always exageragting. They like to put them together but doesn't mean they are designed to love each other. And garenxtaric can not be offically promoted because of garen's background and status, which doesn't mean they are not beyond friends. Do you think riot will tell you garen and taric are gay couple just like that? It has to be grey zone.
: Yes there is! If it’s promoted by riot, THEY LOVE EACH OTHER AND ITS OFFICIAL. End of story. Keep you fanfic to yourself or to a fanfic site, not the league boards
No there isn't. I've done researches, the old lores and comics/movies drafts, regardless they are shelved and the new lore does not mention they know each other, there isn't any romance in the sources, they only tells you they had to fight along with each other to finish a mission. Garen is warrior and kat is rival assasin, it's like samurai and ninja, they hate and compete each other, growing romance is just a joke if not bad thought. riot promote that to attract people who formate them as romeo and juliet but they are not, they are warrior and assasin, not just a male and a female from rival family.
: Even you admit riot put them together
Yes, I put you and your roomate together, for example, that does not mean you and your roomate actually fall in love.
: Yes it is aimed at kat, check your sources again!
Ok, but it does not say garen. It could be anyone. When someone talking that to you, without name, you can imagine anyone in your head. I think you lost my point here. I did not say riot promote garen taric , I'm just saying you can tell from the lore they are beyond friend. They are both males, and garen's social status and background does not allow him to be openly gay, he is noble! It has to be grey zone. As to kat, it's canon fanfic, means they are officially promoted, but that does not mean they are actually lovers, because there is not romantic aspects in their lore!
Terozu (NA)
: Except history says otherwise? There's quite a few cases of people becoming lovers after fighting each other, even children have it as a base instinct, bully the boy/girl you like the most. Humans are weird like that.
What hisotry? Give an example? There is no similarity to garen here, he is warrior, and kat is rival assasin, they compete with each other, not love each other. The only confirmed relationship in the officaly sorce ( even if they are old ones and has been shelved) is they found hornor in each other as rivals. There is no romance. the champions quotes are champions says, does not mean the 2 rivals fall in love is realistic.
: Sorry that quote is to garen and kat, not garen and taric, look up your sources first :) oh wait you don't look at sources from riot, just from your imaginary fanfic.
The quote never aim at kat. it's said to garen. And it never said garen and kat are in love in the sources of yours. It's canon fanfic. aka. officially accepted fanfic, which does not mean they are actually lovers, it's still a fan stuff, only offical promoted. Taric garen is not offically promoted, but you can tell from the lore they are beyond friendship!
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/roleplaying/owK1mAtE-community-rules-guidelines-for-the-future (("Just making a reading suggestion, ~~ma'am~~ sir."))
> [{quoted}](name=bluegolisano,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=ayYsWjVL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-03T17:02:38.977+0000) > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/roleplaying/owK1mAtE-community-rules-guidelines-for-the-future > > (("Just making a reading suggestion, ~~ma'am~~ sir.")) Evil grows in mortals who thrive on forcing 2 rivals fall in love with each other. Evils don't deserve true love.
: Yikes. Who's gonna tell him?
: You also said that Garen was the son of the king in your original post. Even if you edited it later, that shows how much you know about the lore and just want to destroy that ship. It's fine if you don't like it, but stay away from these boards, please.
I already edited that part, I mean to say his royal family background, which has nothing to do with my point. Their father can have more than 1 woman. They could have different mother. There is a chance their mother betried their father, too, like I said in the original post.
: Noone thinks that because they fought together they fell in love. People know they’re in love because riot has said so. End of story
Riot never said they are in love. Riot just force match up them because of there are lot's fans supporting this nonsense . ALSO That's why I said they are forced to act like romeo and juielt. They had to fight together to survive. They can't fall in love because they are rivals. Assasin kills as many inocent people as Darius does, and Garen can never love someone like that. Not to mention, Garen already have the one he wants to protect, according to the lore, there is a bound between him and taric. It just doesn't make sense he would be in love with a rival assasin. People don't fall in love with their rivals, esp. not in a life threantening battlefield.
: Yeah lux does look like Garen. You’re right lux looks like garen!
They don't look akin. You don't even look at their pictures. Katarina looks more akin to him, esp. when she spins.
: Yeah... that scene from the comic where they want to marry Lux to Jarvan IV (you know, the _actual_ son of the king) would get even more awkward if she was the daughter of the king.
I mean to say Lux and Garen have different mother, not father.
: Hope you can manage to stay sane then. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} It's bound to happen that you attract one weirdo or another with your high activity here. Would start to report him for spamming, though, if he keeps making these threads too frequently.
I don't know what kind weirdo fantasizing 2 rivals fall in love with each other in a life threatening battle and carry it on in the actually game playing. But, there is always an initiator disrespect in the 1st place.{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
: Lux and garen look more akin than Garen and katarina. Oh and garen and lux are siblings as said by riot. Oh and garen and kat are lovers, also as said by riot AND recently affirmed in panths reworked voiceover. We’re done here, end of story, bye!
Lux doesnt look like gayren at all. :/ She looks more akin to ezreal. LMAO. But riot never said they share the same parents. Maybe they have didfferent mothers, like I said in my thread. Garen and Kat are rivals. What rivals do with each other? They compete. The recent pantheon rework voice just make it even more obvious that they are forced to fight together. It never says who are their fortune partner. You are wrong. C ya!
: You didn’t even look at the website lol More proof you don’t actually look at evidence and just at things you pull from nowhere.
You are wrong. I did look at the website pictures. They do look akin but not identical.
: Oh hey look I found an example of TWINS from the same parents who look different, completely proving your point wrong. https://www.boredpanda.com/black-white-skin-twin-sisters-lucy-maria-aylmer/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
There are identical twins and unidentical twins, and unidentical twins looks akin too but they just don't look identical.
: > [{quoted}](name=musclemenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=PO957EOR,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-08-03T14:13:32.143+0000) > > Nope. Dragon is not related to human. I'm smart... Asol + Garen = Shyvana love child?
Love has to be mutual. I doubt they found each other physically attractive
SEKAI (OCE)
: Does that mean ASol is a relative of Garen since his stars don't stop spinning just like Garen? OH NO
Nope. Dragon is not related to human. I'm smart...
: According to several studies, people feel attracted to people who look similar to them or their parents. Congratulations, you just played yourself. That you think they look similar makes it even more likely that they would feel attracted to each other. _________________ Dude, just accept it. Riot has hinted this romance for a long time now, they most likely will reach the point to show us how these 2 meet and fall in love with each other, knowing that they can't be together, since they are supposed to be enemies.
According to you, then, Garen should be attracted by Taric as they are both handsome and muscular males. Katarina should be attraced by ...well alot female champions look similar to her. so, I don't know what are you gonna say now. Riot's hint is not logical and lack of thought. And base on taric's lore, I believe Garen wants to protect him instead of katarina. Especially given the new interaction from Pantheon's rework, it just seems they are forced to be acting like romeno and juliet. That's so miserable.
Krizonar (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=ayYsWjVL,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-03T02:07:00.796+0000) > > [{quoted}](name=musclemenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=ayYsWjVL,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-03T12:20:58.065+0000) > (Be that as it may be, I am willing to let people try at roleplay first, as it's only fair to not immediately dismiss people who post here for the first time I feel. With that said, if and when we get a Garen, I would hope that their input on such a relationship is respected, as the edited in opener does seem to assume for him. I apologize for speaking out of character in your thread more than once, by the by, and I suggest we not clog the thread with too much of it, especially debate, as it is a bit unattractive for those that wish to roleplay.)
> [{quoted}](name=Krizonar,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=ayYsWjVL,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-03T12:37:51.921+0000) > > (Be that as it may be, I am willing to let people try at roleplay first, as it's only fair to not immediately dismiss people who post here for the first time I feel. > > With that said, if and when we get a Garen, I would hope that their input on such a relationship is respected, as the edited in opener does seem to assume for him. > > I apologize for speaking out of character in your thread more than once, by the by, and I suggest we not clog the thread with too much of it, especially debate, as it is a bit unattractive for those that wish to roleplay.) I would just delete irrelavant reply if I'm mod. His reply is just totally irralant. Or maybe move it to the RANT.
: > [{quoted}](name=Krizonar,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=ayYsWjVL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-02T23:15:33.379+0000) ((Yeah this person is only here to spread their outlandish Garen x Taric ship. They're like the Ahri x Wukong shipper. They also have the habit of insulting people who support stuff like Garen x Kat, calling them braindead, delusional pervs, and a bunch of other things. They also stated that they hope I get eaten by "dinasaurs". I mean, I don't care if you let them be Taric or not. I just wanted to let you know that they aren't the most pleasant person to be around and have no intention of taking this seriously.))
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=ayYsWjVL,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-03T02:07:00.796+0000) > > ((Yeah this person is only here to spread their outlandish Garen x Taric ship. They're like the Ahri x Wukong shipper. They also have the habit of insulting people who support stuff like Garen x Kat, calling them braindead, delusional pervs, and a bunch of other things. They also stated that they hope I get eaten by "dinasaurs". > > I mean, I don't care if you let them be Taric or not. I just wanted to let you know that they aren't the most pleasant person to be around and have no intention of taking this seriously.)) And you are here to flame. Also, Garen x Taric is in the lore. I don't spread anything, it's official. You are miserable if you don't admit that. And you lie, you care about who Garen is with so much you had to come to my RP post to flame. Maybe you want a bf like him or something, I don't know. It's so hilarious. Additionally , to broad your world view, people don't spread anything, it's riot who created the lore and art, for a reason, if you can't figure it out, I can enlighten you here. As katarina is bi lipstick- ish, and there are female smashing lovers matching her and other female champions, that's why Garen x taric idea is added in the lore, to make it balance. Not to talk about fairness or not, it's all from riot, no matter you like it or not, it's their game, not yours. They obviously will never promote gay love, as it's not mainstream, so even if they are rivals, they have to play romeo and juliet, even if it doesn't make sense.
: The new project skins are pretty bad
katarina looks like bi lipstick no matter what skin.{{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
: That didn't stop many of the noble houses in the Medieval Age (not to mention your theory is also pure shitpost material)
And your theory about 2 rivals can grow romance in a battle to sruvive is more than shit material.
: pretty much
And you are pretty much Talon x zed shipper.
: Yeah. This person is the Ahri x Wukong shipper but with Garen x Taric, and they hate Garen x Kat. They're just desperately trying to find evidence that Garen and Kat aren't a thing and failing miserably.
Then you are Pantheon x Darius shipper. It's a thing but just not a romantic thing because people with normal mind don't think of romance in battle. The romance is all unrealistic bad thinking. How pathetic.{{sticker:garen-swing}}
Krizonar (NA)
: (Hello and welcome, I'll add you to the compendium as Taric, post there in the future if you need to take a break or take another champion! I might also suggest to write a sort of hook or short story into your opening post, something for people to go on to start a roleplay or so.)
> [{quoted}](name=Krizonar,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=ayYsWjVL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-02T23:15:33.379+0000) > > (Hello and welcome, I'll add you to the compendium as Taric, post there in the future if you need to take a break or take another champion! I might also suggest to write a sort of hook or short story into your opening post, something for people to go on to start a roleplay or so.) I've added intro. Check it out.
: Siblings don't always look akin to one another.
If you share the same parents you do. if only 1 parent then maybe not so much as 2. But hell katarina looks akin to him for sure. They even have similar spin skills. lolz
: Uhh, Garen's not the son of the king; he's the son of the Crownguard; a different family that just act as the Royal Guard for the Demacian Royal Family. Also, it's not genetically impossible for a set of brown-haired parents to have a blonde-haired child, even if previous children have the same brunette or even black hair. We don't know for sure what hair color Garen and Lux's parents have, I'm just assuming.
Oh yea I forgot that part, but again, his father can have more than 1 woman. So, still. No, even if lux is not blonde, they still don't look akin. Katarina looks more akin to him.
: this is a troll post right lol
You don't have to admit any facts. You only need to believe in your rivals can fall in love with each other fantacy.
Composure (EUNE)
: Qiyana is boring character in the lore. (Very long post)
who cares about lores, peopel don't read these days, they just listen to what champions says in their quotes.
: Thoughts of Skins: Katarina
looks like bi lipstick no matter what skins.
Lewanor (NA)
: https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS/giphy.gif
Rioter Comments
: are you brain dead?
Maybe just evils. Braindead evils who enjoy nonsense story about 2 rivals fall in love with each other and thrive on the pain othey endure. Evils don't deserve romance.
tamaya (NA)
: "It is always a moon's role to envy the stars." But I envy the moon.
Rioter Comments
: Not to mention Draven/Draven/Draven.
If anything, it would be Draven/Riven, the cinematic trailor shows there connection, it's not romantic either, but just fantasizable, based on the logic of Garen and kat fan, you know, rivals are in love with each other kinda BS.
: I like how we're "delusional pervy weirdos" for talking about Garen and Kat/Caitlyn and Vi/TF and Graves, but they aren't for talking about Garen and Taric.
Ye you just pretend you don't notice the bound between GarenxTaric in the lore and all your back ups are just some fan works.
fabfan (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=8AcIxKnQ,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2019-08-01T22:49:10.430+0000) > > pretty sure it was concept art for the movie/cinematic they scrapped > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjGlRtsvjV0 > > i think it came from that but im not sure > _Edit it was from Riots 2017 art competition, but the movie is still cool_ > > Link to movie Director images > http://www.leifjeffers.com/directing > > Link to art competition entry > https://polycount.com/discussion/196849/riot-2017-art-contest-a-decision-garen-katarina Oh Okay thanks for the info ^^ > [{quoted}](name=musclemenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=8AcIxKnQ,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-08-01T20:26:48.450+0000) > > That's a fan art done by some delusional pervy weirdo like you Excuse me If I like romance between 2 character especially with one of my favorite champ
But Taric is the one Garen wanted to protect. Katarina is Garen's rival. There's no romance between them. They even look like brother and sister!
: Yeah I like to stick to the lores too, that's why I'm Urgot x Aurelion Sol all the way baby.
That's why I'm Garen/Taric/Garen all the way.
NeverGame (EUW)
: What are the Aspects and how do they work?
god's little side kicks, pfft! You work your azz off until you die for god to serve stupid humans who appreciate nothing but give you complains. Terrible job.
Show more

KatarinaIsPuke

Level 61 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion