: Poll: Is the Current State of Matchmaking Desirable?
I only play 5v5 ranked. Its absolute coinflip/trash, even with the new system. In fact I can't even tell any difference between the two, well except autofill is by far better(less), so is getting secondary role. That has actual vastly improved. Competitive matches however are a complete failure. I play adc/support most of the time, I'm good enough to carry from either roll, at least in current elo and I bet an entire division up. However I'd venture to guess that about 70% of the time my support/adc counterpart is having a seizure. Not only that, but when they have a seizure about 4 times in a row, completely feeding the enemy botlane— they flame me, and call me trash. Then my fucking moron teammates agree with this lunatic and the entire team gang bangs the fuck out of me. Then I tell those mother fuckers to go fuck themselves in their dumb asses- or elsewhere should they choose, I won't judge. Then I get reported and banned for standing up for myself, because I did nothing fucking wrong and have been struggling to farm while watching my support/adc flop around like a fish dying for free. Over the course of a few thousand games you'll eventually be banned. Once your banned, some fucking sona main, I shit you not, will tell you how wrong you are and how the system works just fine. While making comments that CLEARLY show he/she/it did not actually read what you said. Its a fucking joke. Its beyond a fucking joke, it reeks of no one gives an actual fuck to understand their player base. Its a bunch of fucking snowflakes playing united nations. Be nice, you can't say that or this or the other thing. Keep your fucking pronouns. Back to reality: I think they don't give a fuck about the ranked system because they can farm talent from college. They are to incompetent to realize that if the lower elo is broken, the higher elo is broken and it hurts competition in the entire region. I was told by the sona main that the system doesn't discriminate. Basically if you talk you get fucked. Hopefully they remove chat soon as its obviously useless. Its just a ban filter at this point. They think if no one talks the problem will just go away. They should get rid of these boards as well. Obviously we're not accomplishing anything by talking.
: The Punishment system is functional, but not effective at all.
I've said this before but uh, delete the chat system. Thats whats incoming anyways. Everyone will be so afraid to say anything, that no one will. Talking only gets you banned. Anytime you are talking, its likely due to someone feeding or trying to get someone to perform better, which will only tilt them anyways. So there is absolutely no point to talking, unless you want to get banned. I'm not actually serious about deleting the chat system, but the way things are going its the same thing. Matching and punishment are absolutely shit at the moment. I'm not even confident that the game is playable... which is why I'm sitting here on these stupid fucking boards. The real question, is if THIS is a larger waste of time than playing the game. I'm not sure. I was just banned for flaming the fuck out of a fucker that deserved it... well, a bunch of them over a long period of time, haha. Don't talk in chat. If I hadn't talked, I wouldn't be banned. All the problems would still exist and I would've likely spontaneously combusted, but don't talk in chat. Mute is the best answer, which I do all the time. However the inting problem still remains and we can't solve it. If we're really honest we just shouldn't play the game in its current state. I'm with Kled, 'HOLY SHIT WHERE ARE WE?'.
rujitra (NA)
: So, I agree, the system could use improvement at catching more people. How do you propose it do this?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N3V8NYn0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-08T01:10:22.486+0000) > > So, I agree, the system could use improvement at catching more people. > > How do you propose it do this? Its not our job to make a system work, just point out its shit.
: Matchmaking gone wild
Anyone who thinks matching is working in low elo, is a moderator for these boards or an idiot. You should take into additional consideration that just because it says silver whatever, gold, plat, it doesn't mean they actually are those things. If matching doesn't work, placing for matching very likely also does not work. Its pretty much guaranteed if one doesn't work that the other doesn't as they are dependent on one another. If one doesn't work, the other doesn't and the whole system doesn't. It either works, or it doesn't. At least in my thousands of games of experience, games have a complete lack in consistency. It is very often very random the 'teammates' you will get. I think the best way to describe matching is yahtzee. Don't ask me how that works, I don't know how broken things work, its some sort of dice game, lol.
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: Nope It's a permanent ban
Its only permanent because they chose to make it. It can easily be reverted.
: > [{quoted}](name=KillerKing48,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ZzlERFjN,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-07T17:57:05.491+0000)like cmon i did nothing wrong Let's test that theory. > KillerKing48: ur so pathetic jhin u know that? Insults are not allowed. > KillerKing48: 0 /7 rengar Score-shaming isn't allowed. > KillerKing48: thresh are u black or white?/ > KillerKing48: yellow? Racism isn't allowed. "Yellow" is not a race. > KillerKing48: how are u this bad? Insults are not allowed. > KillerKing48: my god what a discovery > KillerKing48: tahm ur so smart Passive-aggressive insults are not allowed. > KillerKing48: 8 deaths > KillerKing48: 10/10 engage heca > KillerKing48: nice throw as always Gameplay shaming is not allowed.
Feelings are not allowed. Get the fuck out and punish for play. No one gives a remote fuck what the re***** say, we just don't want to play with them again. Even if I'm fucking silent in games it doesn't solve the problem. This is fucking insane. matchmaking = punishment = garbage Wake up. I do think its cool you are addressing his post. I think this fairy-tail-play-land-nice-world you are attempting to enforce is... cancer. If someone is trolling, and being completely rude towards 9 other players with his GAME PLAY, he SHOULD get shit on. MATCHMAKING should take care of it. Instead, frustrated players are yelling at him. Your team created the problem. Now you're trying to stop the yelling, instead of trying to stop the problem. If you were a doctor you'd get a big fucking F for stupid. Lets try to fix the actual problem instead of its symptom. djhinpants, I realize you do not make the rules. Pretend this is addressed to whoever does. I'm not looking for a lesson in something simple. So save your time. Lastly, friends, do not talk in chat. No matter what happens, DO NOT, talk, in, chat. Resist. You are fucked, just hold on and it'll be over soon, then you can try again and hope for the best. Riot cares not, no matter what they say, because they do not even understand the actual issue. The issue they have created, and continued to magnify, by attempting to fix it.
Zed Boss (NA)
: This Game is Going to Implode
They now can farm talent from college. They no longer need matchmaking or punishment to work. They don't need to give a fuck, and it shows. It used to feel better, I'm not entirely confident it was better. I think the playerbase has grown and the problems are just more evident. Still the same problems that have always been present. I recently had a like.. 3-4 year account banned, all champs, tons of skins, because I've basically slowly tilted off of the face of the planet. I didn't do anything but tell other players to fuck themselves, but you know how this new system works. If you are involved, get fucked. Stay out of chat, don't say the keywords, or get fucked. Random machine gunning. It will never fix the issue. I told this to riot support and they said to level an account and try again, they recently implemented the BE system. The ban was very clearly after that had been implemented by a substantial amount of time. I just don't know whats going on, this game is great- but its matching and punishment is so fucking insanely bad that the game is actually unplayable. Even pro streamers consistently comment about things like, how is this player in my game, what am I watching, na challenger is like korean gold. The ladder is so insanely fucked up that you actually can't get consistent good games. Especially with the early game the way it is right now, which I'm all for, its just always a fuckfest. One sided slam and you just hope you are dice rolled into the right one. The classic, my yasuo 0/10, their yasuo 20/0, in ten minutes. I went 9/1 to start on a new account. Then continued upto like 14/4 or something. Then riot decided it didn't like that and I have been getting the worst players on my team that I have ever seen. I'm talking, I've played thousands of games over years, and they are STILL actually the worst shit I've ever seen. Now i'm upside down ... 15 games and falling.
: The passive expectation to play therapist to mentally unstable teammates is honestly enraging.
The games are extremely toxic. The play is even worse. Its getting to the point where you actually can't play the game because someone is always running it down.
: hold on, what adc are you talking about?
Yeah maybe you are right and Qiyana is technically not a true adc. Hard to tell from the video, but it does look like perhaps her attacks aren't ranged autos. Everything looks ranged, but maybe its not autos. She just kinda flys all over the place and shoots everything. I wonder how riot is calculating overall champion power. I think this new champ is the epitome of putting everything into a champions kit. Hopefully this will backfire and we can get back to champions that don't do everything.
: You know what this game needs more of?
Rioter Comments
Nhika (NA)
: I see Yuumi being overpowered...
We all know how this goes. New champ. Insanely broken. Always. Even if the playerbase doesn't know its insanely broken, at some point down the road someone discovers it is. Nearly everytime. Look at this new adc, you don't think this is going to be insanely broken? A stun, a janna ult, dashes, movement speed boosts..... I probly didn't even list everything because I only read her kit once. Riots design philosophy has turned to fun to play, while completely ignoring fun to play against. We need to move to a 20 ban system soon.
Saezio (EUNE)
: Maybe if you stop banging your head against the wall you will stop hurting. Go to normals or an alternate account, improve, and then play ranked on your main again. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity someone said.....
Thats not the point he made. You missed it and addressed something completely different.
KingMack (NA)
: The toxicity stems from simple Gambler's Fallacy. People put so much in and get very little in return, but every now and then, they will get a win that means a little something and it fuels the urge to continue playing. The problem with this is that the ranked system punishes extended playing for the vast majority of players. If the game had a ranked system similar to Hearthstone, much more of the player base would be in their correct ranks, either higher or lower. Instead, you can be Bronze 3, watch a youtube video and get some tips, play a little better, win maybe 3-4 games in a row, and BAM. Now the game thinks you're smurfing and suddenly, rather than playing with Bronze 3 ish players, you're playing with Silver 3. You aren't as good as they are yet, you just happened to win a few games, and now you are being punished for playing better. You go on a lose streak because you aren't as good as they are, which affects your MMR much faster and much harder than a few wins, and now you are playing with Iron 1/ Bronze 4. Aka elo hell. It happens at all ranks and skill levels. That loss affects you psychologically. You've put so much time in and earned nothing. In fact, you've lost something. You have to make it up. AKA Gambler's Fallacy. You keep playing and over the years you get more and more toxic. Even as you improve and climb. You become salty and bitter because of the adversity the game throws at you. Next thing you know, you get banned. You stop playing for a few months but, one lonely day, you return out of boredom. You level to 30, or maybe you already had a smurf that was there, and you do your placements. Wait, whats this, the game is easier? You placed higher than you were before? After all those years? You realize your MMR was destroyed so bad from just a small circumstance of events like winning a few games in a row and then losing to better players. Shit, now you're Gold after just 10 placement games. It felt so easy. You got rewarded a little. Your addiction comes roaring back. Rinse and repeat. This is what Riot wants because it keeps you coming back. Hearthstone has to release fancy adventures, new sets of hundreds of cards, implement multiple ways to play the game etc just to keep people coming back because people achieve their real ranks in a matter of days rather than months or years like League. They have to "reset" ranks every month just because good players are able to climb so quickly. If Riot had this for League, well, there probably wouldn't even be a player base because it wouldn't capture their attention well enough. So, Riot does what the Pharmaceutical companies did in the mid 2000s and get everyone addicted - in that case to opioid medications - but now people are catching on, legislation is passed, and the problem will begin to subside as it is counteracted. But, what is the counteraction to League's rank system? It isn't inherently unethical or a big deal, so nobody cares other than the player base. The only solution is to either stop playing ranked or play by their rules.
That makes a lot of sense. Matches up with my experience exactly.
: Players toxicity is getting insane nowadays...
Thats because the problem isn't punishment. Punishment is only applied to chat, not play. Instead of the other way around. I couldn't give less of a fuck if someone flames. I have a mute button. However I care a LOT if they are intentionally/unintentionally costing us the game. Some will say 'its just a game', I agree, but go play normals if you want to fuck around.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KazaJhodo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YE3zTqtZ,comment-id=0000000000010000000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-15T06:12:09.962+0000) > > Its self inflicted due to stressors, right? > > Its like eating a ton all the time and then being surprised you are fat. > > I searched a minute and read a few things, this article is what was thinking. Some 20 year psychologist professional, its old 2013, but this stuff doesn't change much. At least the core concepts... I shouldn't say that, most medical/psychological stuff is banter at best, lol. > > Anyways, they've been doing it twenty years specifically regarding panic issues. > > [Don't freak me out bro!](https://anxietyrecovery.com/the-panic-personality/) > > Lol at my link label. ... Except you choose to eat. You don't choose to be stressed out. It's like a car crash. Sure you choose to drive. You don't choose for some other idiot on the road to T-bone you.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YE3zTqtZ,comment-id=00000000000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-15T06:19:11.435+0000) > > ... Except you choose to eat. You don't choose to be stressed out. > > It's like a car crash. Sure you choose to drive. You don't choose for some other idiot on the road to T-bone you. You don't choose to be stressed out? Silly rabbit, of course you do. Otherwise everyone would have the same stress levels. People choose what stresses them and how much. Two different people will stress at different levels in reaction to the same situation. For instance you get stressed about things you care about. You never stress over things you don't care about, right? You're choosing. There is also a difference in being stressed out, vs living in a state of stress always, until your body has a reaction. Regarding the car thing, sure, but you can avoid car crashes by adjusting your behavior. Just like there are differences in stress, there are in car crashes. If your are going 120mph all the time in traffic, chances are you'll crash eventually. At the very least, your chances are much much higher than someone going the same speed as everyone else. Same thing with stress. If you stress all the time, you greatly increase your chances of having a panic attack. Past that, crashes themselves are different. A 120mph crash is much worse than a 3mph crash. To even call them both crashes could be argued inaccurate. Stress is not forced upon you, neither is food. You can choose not to eat, you can choose not to be stressed. Balance is required. This is why oblivious idiots exist. You know, those people that seem to idle on happy mode and be completely oblivious to their surroundings? I bet you will never see an oblivious idiot have a panic attack. lol Also, don't forget to keep in mind that the medical industry wants you have problems, so that you pay them money to fix them. So of course everything is going to be a medical issue.
: Broken champs Akali, Irelia, & LeBlanc? Even a nerf won't help - Even Dopa said so
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KazaJhodo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YE3zTqtZ,comment-id=00000000000100000001,timestamp=2018-11-15T04:31:54.171+0000) > > Is a panic attack a medical issue? > > What isn't a medical issue? How the fuck isn’t a panic attack a medical issue?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YE3zTqtZ,comment-id=000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-15T04:33:57.637+0000) > > How the fuck isn’t a panic attack a medical issue? Its self inflicted due to stressors, right? Its like eating a ton all the time and then being surprised you are fat. I searched a minute and read a few things, this article is what was thinking. Some 20 year psychologist professional, its old 2013, but this stuff doesn't change much. At least the core concepts... I shouldn't say that, most medical/psychological stuff is banter at best, lol. Anyways, they've been doing it twenty years specifically regarding panic issues. [Don't freak me out bro!](https://anxietyrecovery.com/the-panic-personality/) Lol at my link label.
: Well it's official i guess.
Yeah it just doesn't come back, fuck em.
: I kinda feel like crying at work shouldn't happen.... if you are THAT sensitive about your job...
This post won't go well in todays softie society. All these kids gonna get their feelings hurt.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=OniZetsu666,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YE3zTqtZ,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-15T04:17:13.926+0000) > > You'd think that someone would report this to hr or something right? Given that it’s a medical issue, it’d be against the law for HR to discriminate against the employee in any way for it. HR likely has bigger things to deal with.. plus it’d be better for someone *close* to the employee (ex: their immediate supervisor) to suggest they get help.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YE3zTqtZ,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-15T04:25:21.026+0000) > > Given that it’s a medical issue, it’d be against the law for HR to discriminate against the employee in any way for it. HR likely has bigger things to deal with.. plus it’d be better for someone *close* to the employee (ex: their immediate supervisor) to suggest they get help. Is a panic attack a medical issue? What isn't a medical issue?
: > [{quoted}](name=KazaJhodo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bAOkpPT3,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-11-15T03:16:00.451+0000) > > I just don't want to be 5 man dove at 10 minutes every game. 10 minutes? I get 3 man dove at 2:30 pretty much 9 times out of 10.
: Ranked ?
Garbo, matcho. I can't imagine you could go down but not up. However, just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean the devs won't do it.
: I kinda feel like crying at work shouldn't happen.... if you are THAT sensitive about your job...
: "We as ADC mains don't want more power we just want less snowball so we can be a late game class"
: I haven't posted in a long time, but this is something I wanted to chime in on as a long time on and off player since before season 1 (November, 09). Disclaimer: I am not good, I make no arguments that I might be good, this is merely based on observation, not opinion. This is not the first time people have clamored that damage was too high, or to stop buffing people and start nerfing them. This has been a flip-flopping issue since the inception of LoL (Who remembers the terror of 09 Twitch?), nor would it be the first time that the opposite is true. In fact, we're in this current state because of the opposite. Is our memory so short that we don't remember having to build atmogs on everyone and their mother?, or tanky brand? The times when % damage and true damage were the only useful damages because everyone was so tanky that not even assassins could 100-0 an ADC. I'm not arguing that you're wrong, or that league is in a healthy state. I'm just stating that this feels a lot like a repeat of the past 9 seasons. Disclaimer: I am not good, I make no arguments that I might be good, the following is based on the opinions of a nobody. My opinion is that the same issues we've always had are still the issues we face today. The lines between roles are too blurry. Tanks deal too much damage, they should be CC machines, but they should never come out on top in a 1v1 against a DPS. DPS/assassins should not have survivability let their survivability rely on the support. why does banshees and GA exist in their current state? Why can everyone and their mother blink, dash, leap, jump, hop, skip, and vault over the nearest wall? Scale defense on tanks harder and tone down their damage, make defensive stats less effective on damage based champions (this can be done by dramatic base stat tweaks with % stat increases on items, or any other number of ways), give bruisers poor scaling, but high base damages, with defensive stats that sit in the middle, etc. It doesn't feel that complicated. The most complicated part would be the overhaul needed on the items to match the changes and give reasons for certain types of champions to pick certain types of items. Who knows though, maybe I'm wrong, that's always possible, and I welcome rebuttals.
This is because the balance team isn't doing their job. Their objective is in their name... or perhaps they should change their name. Hundreds of champions, most of them unplayed. Now, its far more complex than this of course, but I'm convinced that 'balance' is not, or ever has been the goal. Although I do think they have been taking better steps recently, after a string of massive fuckups.
: The score is 15-0 at 8 minutes. Stop holding the game hostage
They were holding the game hostage as soon as they loaded in. Riot was holding you hostage as soon as they matched you with them. Unlucky.
rujitra (NA)
: League is for fun
This is the most naive post I've ever seen. Hes done it boys, we have the solution. Implement.
: > [{quoted}](name=KazaJhodo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wWfEKO3P,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-14T04:53:28.018+0000) > > Yeah it is kinda insanely bad. > > I think its because its a different style of game. Its chess... that isn't packaged as chess and has its own minigames going on at the same time. > > So you have people playing the game thinking its one thing when its not. > > Then on top of that, to even get decent at the game, you need to learn tons and tons of champions, their abilties and cooldowns. How to cs. its extremely complicated and even in high bronze not at a casual level. > > Yet promos will place brand new players in high silver. So... yeah, its kinda fucked up. Thats why you get a bunch of idiots. > > Then on top of all of that, matching is fucking terrible. Then smurfs, then feeds have so much influence on the game without even trying. > > Tons of things are out of control right now. Far more than what I've mentioned so far. Basically ya. It's staggering how many of league players think this games about flashy plays like it's some sort of fighting game, and don't even think anything into it's strategy. And you would think that would only apply to low elos, but I've had experiences with players that would absolutely blow your mind to the stupidity of it all the way up to diamond. I still remember last season having a P2 velkoz mid trying to solo dragon while the rest of us were bot trying to rush first tower before enemy team could get it top. And as stupid as it seemed, the dude wasn't even bad. That was the game that it occurred to me that unless you can coordinate your teammates beyond what you can hope to in solo Q, people cannot be punished for being that stupid enough to keep them from getting high elo for being stupid. He was pretty good at skillshots, so he climbed, probably eventually to diamond just with that. And how many top laners I've seen in all elos that engage around 3 mins when their jungles not there, KNOWING enemy jungle started bot. How many league games should it take before u figure out how long it takes the enemy jg to get top? So many of this games playerbase just make this shit look hard AF.
> [{quoted}](name=hi ìm groot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wWfEKO3P,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-14T05:44:23.138+0000) > > Basically ya. It's staggering how many of league players think this games about flashy plays like it's some sort of fighting game, and don't even think anything into it's strategy. And you would think that would only apply to low elos, but I've had experiences with players that would absolutely blow your mind to the stupidity of it all the way up to diamond. > > I still remember last season having a P2 velkoz mid trying to solo dragon while the rest of us were bot trying to rush first tower before enemy team could get it top. And as stupid as it seemed, the dude wasn't even bad. That was the game that it occurred to me that unless you can coordinate your teammates beyond what you can hope to in solo Q, people cannot be punished for being that stupid enough to keep them from getting high elo for being stupid. He was pretty good at skillshots, so he climbed, probably eventually to diamond just with that. > > And how many top laners I've seen in all elos that engage around 3 mins when their jungles not there, KNOWING enemy jungle started bot. How many league games should it take before u figure out how long it takes the enemy jg to get top? > > So many of this games playerbase just make this shit look hard AF. Yeah man, I'm hardstuck silver. Getting owned by the gatekeepers. This is what you get for playing adc/support in low elo. If i'm going to lose because of my teams, I'm going to play what I enjoy to try to offset the infinite gravity of tilt.
: When i play support i go Brand Zyra or Pyke so i can help other lane/carry if needed
Agreed. I really enjoy Thresh, but the Brand is the real carry.
EdwardrV (NA)
: The higher I climb the more pissed off I get when people play like absolute chimps
Matching blows or all the monkeys would be at the bottom. Instead they are somehow everywhere. Feels bad when you're climbing the ladder and you only know you're 'climbing' because your lp total is going up.
: Lost my Metal State After my Friend Landed These 2 hooks
Clean up the boxes boys, dat shits broke.
: > [{quoted}](name=KazaJhodo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wWfEKO3P,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-14T00:48:27.257+0000) > > If league doesn't do it to you, no. It has been kind of the weirdest phenomena to me since I started this game. I've never interacted with people that seemed as dumb as what I do here. IDK if its the general age, background, w/e. But I've been playing multiplayer games damn near all my life, and this is the dumbest community of players I've dealt with. Though I guess playing other MMOs and stuff you can just never have to play with people who r ignorant.
> [{quoted}](name=hi ìm groot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wWfEKO3P,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-14T00:54:45.011+0000) > > It has been kind of the weirdest phenomena to me since I started this game. I've never interacted with people that seemed as dumb as what I do here. IDK if its the general age, background, w/e. But I've been playing multiplayer games damn near all my life, and this is the dumbest community of players I've dealt with. Though I guess playing other MMOs and stuff you can just never have to play with people who r ignorant. Yeah it is kinda insanely bad. I think its because its a different style of game. Its chess... that isn't packaged as chess and has its own minigames going on at the same time. So you have people playing the game thinking its one thing when its not. Then on top of that, to even get decent at the game, you need to learn tons and tons of champions, their abilties and cooldowns. How to cs. its extremely complicated and even in high bronze not at a casual level. Yet promos will place brand new players in high silver. So... yeah, its kinda fucked up. Thats why you get a bunch of idiots. Then on top of all of that, matching is fucking terrible. Then smurfs, then feeds have so much influence on the game without even trying. Tons of things are out of control right now. Far more than what I've mentioned so far.
: This is the sad truth! Teams in low elo have too many selfish players that do not realize that protecting your damage dealers trumps charging in 100% of the time
Can't really blame em half the time. Adc is difficult to play well and most are trash. Especially at low elo.
: Can dealing with stupidity scar u mentally?
If league doesn't do it to you, no.
: Due to the severity of your actions, we have determined that a 7-day Boards suspension is the best-
The trolls roam free while we ban people for calling people stupid. Classic. I'd like to see some improvement to matching please, so that we can actually play this game.
Dr Dog (NA)
: any tips for coming back to adc?
Don't play adc until you are .... plat or above? Maybe higher? I play adc as well anyways, but I shouldn't. Its a great way to get hardstuck.
ExxonV (NA)
: Just got banned for inting a game with AFK
Looks like the programmers of the punishment system didn't take into consideration players playing outside of their norms due to a previous failure. Haha. The previous season in a nutshell. Step one, lets do this. Step one causes massive changes in all sorts of other areas of play that were not considered. Oopsie.
MaNiLV (EUNE)
: Season 9 Ranked Starting only in 23 January? Are you serious?
Pre-season is used to try stuff. This gives the devs time. However I think the devs had been playing all last season. I mean, did you guys see last season?
: > [{quoted}](name=KazaJhodo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Z8EVKKAw,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-11-13T15:23:48.068+0000) > > Its extremely likely. > > Name a system of riots that works. See, extremely likely. > > Balance team? > Matchmaking? > Banning? > > Pattern. Misunderstood my question there. Is it unlikely to want to know the reason of your ban and look at the data to see if you can proove something is wrong to get unbanned that is what I mean
> [{quoted}](name=Andreasmile,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Z8EVKKAw,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-13T15:32:40.915+0000) > > Misunderstood my question there. Is it unlikely to want to know the reason of your ban and look at the data to see if you can proove something is wrong to get unbanned that is what I mean Right, when you know why you were banned. If you didn't know why you were banned you would likely want to know why. I suppose you may mean the technicality that usually a person would not want to view the actual raw or aggregated data. I agree that would be rather useless unless you knew how it was being used. You'd essentially need to either know the origin of all the data, or walk through the code that processes the data for it to be directly useful. Perhaps. I'd have to see the data, as long as its labeled well I'm sure its useful. Sounds like fun, you'd have to be up on your aggregation/mysql though.
: > [{quoted}](name=Lv60 Retri Pala,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Z8EVKKAw,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-13T14:16:17.321+0000) > > Releasing the details would make it easier for people to game the system, therefor they should definitely not do that. > I played all my games myself and I didn't get banned on any of my accounts so the system seems to work just fine, maybe your "friends" should have just stayed in bronze where they belong instead of getting boosted so their other friends stop making fun of them. Yes I get that but getting wrongly caught for elo boost and wanting to see their reasoning I don’t think is unlikely
> [{quoted}](name=Andreasmile,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Z8EVKKAw,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-11-13T15:21:43.161+0000) > > Yes I get that butgetting wrongly caught for elo boost and wanting to see these reasoning I don’t think is unlikely Its extremely likely. Name a system of riots that works. See, extremely likely. Balance team? Matchmaking? Banning? Pattern.
: People getting banned for ELO boost
Obviously he wouldn't make a post if they were actually elo boosting. Think the next step ahead guys. Geezum. 10 posts about, 'well you shouldn't elo boost'. Forehead you monkeys.
: Stan Lee just died at age 95
Not on my birthday. No one will remember me now.
: When does honor reset?
Honor only resets when you don't care about it anymore.
: why does riot change riven from being brown to white?
We should just make a chroma with all the races.
: just ban all men from working at riot games, im sure that would fix the problem {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} /s
> [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-13T05:20:28.342+0000) > > just ban all men from working at riot games, im sure that would fix the problem > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} > > /s We would most certainly have more jinx in the game.
: just ban all men from working at riot games, im sure that would fix the problem {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} /s
> [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWOTZVx8,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-13T05:20:28.342+0000) > > just ban all men from working at riot games, im sure that would fix the problem > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} > > /s MEN ARE PIGS! RIOT! RIOT! RIOT! Get it?
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=KazaJhodo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Alm1wTTz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-13T04:04:51.494+0000) > > I'd like to see some ban statistics. How do you know this is true? > > The only bans I've heard of are players complaining they were unjustly banned on the boards... like, all the time. > > If you have a link to some actual data share so we can see. riot has a detection system called "Leaver Buster" and basically if they go afk for 5-10 mins (idk the details) and in which case the game is saved and put up for review or the person is instantly punished. I believe the first game is just a warning but any games after that it actually punishes them, it also resets every couple of weeks without incident. My friend quits alot of games and that is my source for this. While you might only hear about unjust bans thats because there is no point in complaining about a correct ban. People that got banned for being afk after a game they afk'd in arent going to create a boards post about it or tell all their friends. So of course the only bans you will hear about are the unjust bans. Another possibility is that alot of these players complaining about being banned unjustly for being afk might have just been reported alot for being afk. The "Leaver Buster" system is the solution to your problem but if you want to improve it then go ahead and think of a way to do that before just making a non-productive post.
I asked for details, not a third-party guessing game. You literally said, 'idk the details'. Yes, leave buster exists. Yes, we don't know what it actually does. Unless we can count your friend. I'm sorry, I was mistaken. Next time I ask for details, say you don't have them. I'm sure I could find something, but I'm realizing that I don't actually care. Goodbye friend, I will miss you until I forget you. I'm lucky I don't forget me.
: Google hyperbole... Oh hell you wouldnt... Here Ill do it for you. hy·per·bo·le /hīˈpərbəlē/ noun noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally. My points went so far over your head its comical. You should have paid more attention to this sentence: >_Suggesting that would make someone **sound like a psychopath**, make people **ignore** their totally **extreme gibberish**, and be a **waste of time for everyone** who read it cause it **wont happen**._ I also said shot, and their children enslaved... those extreme things wont happen... its a stupid thing to even suggest it... Saying stupid things in a serious way is a waste of time.... just like why I compared your 2 week ban suggestion to it. Do you get it now? Im saying that suggesting a 2 week ban for a DC is stupid, extreme, and you wasted your time writing it, cause IT WONT HAPPEN. I tried to use a VERY extreme level of punishment (raped, shot, children enslaved) so you could see just how _epic_ the level of foolish your 2 week ban suggestion sounded to me... to pretty much anyone who thinks rationally. I mean... wow. Good luck in life if you really couldnt get the context I was initially trying to offer you and... whatever, if youre that far out you didnt get it, I doubt this will help you. Just try to keep that hyperbole word in mind when reading other peoples counter points to your extreme opinions.
Yeah broskipants. Just thought it was slightly extreme. You don't? I get you shooter, we'll keep it on the down-low. Your skeezy, is safe.
Show more

KazaJhodo

Level 195 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion