: My point is i was reported for almost no reason and i was still banned.
> [{quoted}](name=AppleJax2,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7Wv0MwwA,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-12-08T23:26:40.860+0000) > > My point is i was reported for almost no reason and i was still banned. AppleJax2: why would you go support lux AppleJax2: just uninstall AppleJax2: wtf are you doing AppleJax2: im afk AppleJax2: bye AppleJax2: fucking retards Those are all reasons why you were reported and from the looks of your logs, this is a pretty common chat for you. Just don't type at your teammates, it doesn't make you better at the game and usually leads to you losing more games.
: HELP: Match Making
The system basically takes they number of Wins vs the number of losses and the order in which they are achieved and uses that to calculate your Matchmaking Rating (MMR). This is based off of the old Elo formula, originally created for chess. Although it was originally created for Chess, it has since been adopted to many, many team based games. College Football uses it in the BCS rankings, Pro American Football teams use it for Playoff Determinations, Draft Prospects, and Fantasy Draft websites, and FIFA uses it in its ranking system.
: I really think riot should give us a proper definition of "Critical Strikes"
I think it is more of a graphical identifier that you did extra damage on the spell. Looking at the LoL wiki, there are a lot of abilites that this happens for: Anivia Frostbite: The 2x damage modifier applied by being chilled by Flash Frost is given out as critical strike. Gangplank Powder Keg: The damage is always given out as critical strike. Gnar GNAR!: The damage is given out as critical strike when enemy hits terrain. Gragas Barrel Roll: The damage is given out as critical strike when the cask ferments after 2 seconds. Karthus Lay Waste: Appears like a critical strike when acting like a single target spell (hitting only one enemy). Miss Fortune Miss Fortune's Double Up.png Double Up: The second damage is given out as critical strike when the first target is killed. Soraka Starcall: The damage is given out as critical strike when enemy stands in the center. Vayne Condemn: The double-damage proc'd by being knocked into a wall is given out as critical strike. So I think it is more of a visual marker for the players that the special condition was met and extra damage proc'ed, that a straight Crit Strike.
DogIsGod (EUNE)
: Can we have creep block disabled for a patch and see how it impacts the game?
Yea, having your opponents stand on minions to block you from getting CS sounds really, really fun.
Kikirino (NA)
: Why do people let words hurt them?
Because, in America, Critical thinking skills and thinking before speaking is discouraged, and emotional reactions and impulsive behavior are encouraged. Combine that with a socially promoted inferiority complex , aka "American Exceptionalism", and you have the average league player. People can't control how they feel, but more how they react to that feeling. Due to the above, they are more likely to react toxically than logically.
: I don't know how a chat log like that did not trigger a punishement. That is why I bring it up.
> [{quoted}](name=bvcderrttyyhjjjk,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YEeWmzgI,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-12-03T22:43:07.888+0000) > > I don't know how a chat log like that did not trigger a punishement. That is why I bring it up. You really have no way of knowing if he did. Given the amount of QQ threads on the boards, though, you can rest assured that he will get his punishment sooner rather than later if he keeps it up.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kazaashi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6YoEK15j,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2015-12-03T22:18:51.031+0000) > > I admit that was not the most diplomatic way to start a conversaiton, but that doesn't justify their actions. If someone insults you that doesn't give you the right to slap them. That is basically what happend here. Two wrongs don't make a right and everyone involved deserves a report. That basically means you deserve a report as well since you started the whole thing... Two wrongs might not make a right but bare in minds they are people, if you ask someone politely and they reply rudely chances are you are not going to be polite anymore, in fact most cases you would be pissed and act extra rude just to get back. Is human nature.
> [{quoted}](name=RogueWill,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6YoEK15j,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-12-03T22:23:54.117+0000) > > That basically means you deserve a report as well since you started the whole thing... I'm not the OP, if I were I would have said something like "Sorry, I really like Bard and have wanted to play him for a while." I've dealt with this exact scenario, as Bard is my best support and spammed the hell out of him when he came out. Also, I did say that "Everyone involved deserves a report." Soooooooo, not sure what you were going for with that one. > Two wrongs might not make a right but bare in minds they are people, if you ask someone politely and they reply rudely chances are you are not going to be polite anymore, in fact most cases you would be pissed and act extra rude just to get back. Is human nature. That isn't human nature, that is actually a primal/animalistic reaction to being hurt. Human Nature is supposed to be better than that.
: Am I the only one who thinks Illaoi's E counterplay is a bit one-sided/one-dimensional? Thoughts?
If you think about it, you have 3 things you can do against Illoai's E: 1. Dodge it 2. Fight her to peel for your spirit 3. Run out of range and kill 3 tentacles [This is actually really, really easy to do. The tentacles spawn slowly and attack slowly. Wait the tentacle to spawn and make its initial attack. Once the hitbox appears, move perpendicularly to its attack vector and it will miss. Like you can just stroll out of the attack range, even without boots.] As compared to a Morgana Q: 1. Dodge it Illoai's E actually has 3X the counterplay of most other skillshots.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kazaashi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6YoEK15j,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-12-03T22:03:27.805+0000) > > His reply was a bit short, but not toxic on it's own. Either way, it doesn't give them the right to harass someone. You can disagree with the Champ choice all you want, but still have to treat people with respect. > > That being said, the OP should have at least bought a SS. OP didn't treat his teammates with respect from the start with this: _ I don't care what you prefer_ Zero reason to expect he'd get any in return.
> [{quoted}](name=PIMPSMOOTH,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6YoEK15j,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-12-03T22:12:37.511+0000) > > OP didn't treat his teammates with respect from the start with this: > > _ I don't care what you prefer_ > > Zero reason to expect he'd get any in return. I admit that was not the most diplomatic way to start a conversaiton, but that doesn't justify their actions. If someone insults you that doesn't give you the right to slap them. That is basically what happend here. Two wrongs don't make a right and everyone involved deserves a report.
: They kindly ask you not to play a specific champ, you retort like a complete asshat plus ignore their request, then wonder why the 4 of them go on to berate you?
> [{quoted}](name=PIMPSMOOTH,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6YoEK15j,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-12-03T21:59:24.788+0000) > > They kindly ask you not to play a specific champ, you retort like a complete asshat plus ignore their request, then wonder why the 4 of them go on to berate you? His reply was a bit short, but not toxic on it's own. Either way, it doesn't give them the right to harass someone. You can disagree with the Champ choice all you want, but still have to treat people with respect. That being said, the OP should have at least bought a SS.
: > [{quoted}](name=Little Mac is OP,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kMYRwfcU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-12-03T19:23:33.693+0000) > > Almost every champ has animation cancels... but none of them rely on it as much as riven without it rivens garbage a champions skillcap shouldn't be a glitch. yasuo zed and ekko used animation cancels but they didn't define the champs they were just sorta things that you could do to slightly do things faster.
> [{quoted}](name=Gigahappytown,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kMYRwfcU,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-12-03T19:26:01.093+0000) > > but none of them rely on it as much as riven > > without it rivens garbage > > a champions skillcap shouldn't be a glitch. It's only a glitch if the Riot doesn't want it in the game. Once they decided to keep it, it became a mechanic. Either learn to play around it or get wrecked. Fun Fact: The combos that are a core feature of Street Fighter and other fighting games were actually a glitch that the developers turned into a game mechanic.
: Would you Report a person for....
Possibly muted them if they kept it up, played the game, and reported you for AFK. People are stupid and insensitive, but that is no reason to punish the other 3 people in the game.
: Bad Game Design and why I'm leaving League of Legends for good.
Sounds like an ol' PEBCAC issue. Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair. Bye bye!
: Toxicity and where it starts.
Riot didn't create Toxicity for online games and they sure as hell won't be able to fix it. Stop blaming Riot for people's actions. If you don't respond to toxicity, you cannot be punished for toxicity. Why does no one understand that a Toxic player's goal is to: 1. Make themselves feel better by putting other people down. 2. Make themselves feel better by getting other people punished. Do you know the best way to prevent that from happening? Muting them and communicating with pings and dragon/summoner spell timers will pretty much make you unpunishable by the system. Now, when you meet a a Toxic player they won't be able to bait you into a fight nor put you down and when they try to report you at the end of the game, their report against you will be false and they will lose credibility to the system. Think of it this way: Someone comes up to you and says something to the affect of "you are shit and should kill yourself". at that point you have a lot of choices to make, but *you* are the only one responsible for what that choice is. You are completely free to punch them in the face and tell them to get away from you, *but* they can now charge you with assault and sue you for damages. And they would have a good case against you. By responding to toxic people, that is basically what you are doing. The Toxic person was originally in the wrong for what they did, but the way you responded was also inappropriate and both of you should be punished.
: Let's Talk About Losing
I find the thing that makes games un-fun are the players. People giving up, flaming their teammates, AFK farming, etc. are what ruin games for me. After having played over 1200 games, I don't really care if I win or lose. It's what happens from 0:00 to a nexus explosion that matters much more.
Seen (NA)
: Or rather I'd not waste my time playing a game where there's less than 5% chance of winning.
> [{quoted}](name=Seen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Q9gByAN1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-12-01T23:53:23.775+0000) > > Or rather I'd not waste my time playing a game where there's less than 5% chance of winning. Well... that is your opinion. You are entitled to the opinion, but you shouldn't force it upon your teammates by giving up.
: Matchmaking for low levels is DISGUSTING. Is this being addressed at all?
How do you expect the system to account for 30's who Queue with the low levels? It's not the matchmaking, that is just a statistics engine, it literally just matches numbers. You have to blame the lvl 30 players who queue with their low level friends instead of making a smurf.
: I'm unsure as to how that explains why I get paired with such low teammates, but we have to play against clearly more skilled players. I rarely ever get someone gold or better on my team (unless it's a friend of mine) but almost always have to play against gold+
> [{quoted}](name=Xpediate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ElIuMhPb,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2015-12-01T23:42:55.892+0000) > > I'm unsure as to how that explains why I get paired with such low teammates, but we have to play against clearly more skilled players. I rarely ever get someone gold or better on my team (unless it's a friend of mine) but almost always have to play against gold+ The low ranking players were teamed with a high ranking person? The Bronze people on your team don't play a lot of Ranked so they only have a Bronze/Silver Ranking, but a much higher normal MMR? Unless you have the data for the last 50 games you have played, and then correlate that with thier normal MMR and Ranked MMR, your argument is, unfortunately, anecdotal and biased. Honestly, complaining about these things doesn't make you better at the game and won't change anything as that is just how statistical systems workout sometimes. (You can see the same type of matchmaking quirks in Smite, HoTS, DOTA, etc) Is it even worth your time complaining about it?
: MMR makes me sad...
There is MMR for Ranked and MMR for normals. They are calculated exactly the same way. What you are experiencing are people who don't play a lot of normals, but play a lot of Ranked, resulting in a higher Ranked MMR than normal MMR. There isn't much any system can do about that.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kazaashi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QVbYAG7h,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2015-12-01T18:35:03.098+0000) > > I pretty much look at it like this: > > Illaoi only summons the tentacles of her God, she doesn't augment them by increasing her own magical power, she actually doesn't have any, she gets it by channeling her God. > > Because it is not her personal magic that summons them, but her devotion to her God, her devotion to the faith is what determines thier strength. Since her faith is at least partly based on strength of spirit and hardiness, it would make sense that items that make her stronger and brawnier would create a stronger connection with her God, therefore making the Tentacle attacks and Soul Steal more effective. These items are, conveniently enough, AD and Juggernaut items. Or, y'know, the very much akin to magic faith would be bolstered by the also magic AP items, cutting out the completely unnecessary middleman. The number of special clauses you have to make for her to be AD even via storytelling is so ridiculous that it's really not worth it. And it wouldn't change the fact that the tentacles are still pretty clearly etherial soul suckers, so even if you jumped through all those hoops she should still be dealing magic damage with everything but her W. But all things considered, story and visuals take a backseat to actual kit design. And her kit is even less suited to being AD than her visuals are.
> But all things considered, story and visuals take a backseat to actual kit design. And her kit is even less suited to being AD than her visuals are. I'm actually not trying to say that she *couldn't* be AP, just that it is *possible* that she be AD and it *can* be thematically appropriate. >faith would be bolstered by the also magic AP items, cutting out the completely unnecessary middleman. She already has the magic item to channel her faith, I'm pretty sure the Rod of Ages or Rylia's pales in comparison to the power of a God or the Relic it bestows. She has no need for the AP items. > The number of special clauses you have to make for her to be AD even via storytelling is so ridiculous that it's really not worth it. And it wouldn't change the fact that the tentacles are still pretty clearly etherial soul suckers, so even if you jumped through all those hoops she should still be dealing magic damage with everything but her W. Embodying an ideal to become more intune with nature/god/deity/spirit is a pretty big thing in most religions, so it's not so far fetched That philosophy is pretty much the basis for the Divine casters in D&D, so I didn't really create a "number of special clauses [...] to make for her to be AD even via storytelling is so ridiculous that it's really not worth it. " so much as equate it to something else that exists. We can disagree and still both be correct because both of our points are opinions.
: So, uh, why is Illaoi AD again?
I pretty much look at it like this: Illaoi only summons the tentacles of her God, she doesn't augment them by increasing her own magical power, she actually doesn't have any, she gets it by channeling her God. Because it is not her personal magic that summons them, but her devotion to her God, her devotion to the faith is what determines thier strength. Since her faith is at least partly based on strength of spirit and hardiness, it would make sense that items that make her stronger and brawnier would create a stronger connection with her God, therefore making the Tentacle attacks and Soul Steal more effective. These items are, conveniently enough, AD and Juggernaut items.
: Snowballing is out of controle this meta. Surrender time needs to be lowered.
> [{quoted}](name=Zombongo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dXGN09aZ,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-12-01T17:11:19.666+0000) > > There is no such thing as a close game anymore. The first few kills of the match will often determine the outcome of the game. The new bounty system allows a whole team to snowball rather then just one player. Wait, what? The new bounty system gives your whole team gold if you shutdown those snowballing enemy champs, instead of just the killer and assist-er. What's more, it only reduces their bounty by one tier, meaning if you kill them again, you get even more team gold. If people would work together and try to pick off the snowballing champs on the other team, instead of giving up at 10 mins, people would see that it is actually a mechanic to fight against snowballing. >And with the new minion changes once your team is behind its almost impossible to come back, There are no more close fights its either stomp or be stomped. Fun fact: If people would co-ordinate a freeze at their T2 turret and ward their own jungle after a lost lane, you will find that the minion changes actually increase the farm your team can get when behind, giving you a mechanic to stop a snowball. But that would also require people not giving up and getting killed over and over and over after dying a few times before 10 minutes. > > Surrender times need to be lowered to 10 mins. I dont need to spend 20 mins in a anti fun one sided match when the game was already determined at the 10 minute mark. No, you need to stop giving up at 10 minutes and figure out how to come back. Sure some games are lost, but a least half of my wins on 5.23 have been comeback wins after having something like a 4-10 laning phase. You know why we came back? Because instead of giving up a feeding, we warded our jungle, froze at turret and forced them to dive us or try to rotate around us. Then we pick off the fed players, grab those sweet bounties, stop the snowball, and win the game.
: How "bad" would League really be without unit-collision, Riot?
If Allied Minion block was removed, then you could just stand on your creeps to prevent the enemy team from last hitting. That is not a mechanic Riot wants in the game, and honestly, it sounds like a pretty f-ing annoying one.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kazaashi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=N7EzKaAM,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-11-30T17:50:24.079+0000) > > > It's never 1 game that gets you punished, it's a pattern of behavior over multiple games. Perhaps you need to reevaluate how you go about communicating with your teammates. Well, that's the problem. With all the false-positive reports, it creates a false-pattern, and they will punish me increasingly less-offensive material. I got reported for several non-toxic things since my chat restriction began, 1 of which I was silent in throughout play, but because I mentioned I couldn't communicate much due to restriction, he wanted to see me further punished just because we lost. He reported me for verbal abuse and told the other team to report me.
> [{quoted}](name=ManBearPig916,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=N7EzKaAM,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2015-12-01T00:23:35.928+0000) > > Well, that's the problem. With all the false-positive reports, it creates a false-pattern, False positive reports are thrown out. >and they will punish me increasingly less-offensive material. If you say nothing, there is no offensive material to punish you for. Just stop typing back to people. Mute them and unbind your "enter" key so you cannot type. Rebind your Smart Ping button to it and use that as your primary communication. >I got reported for several non-toxic things since my chat restriction began, 1 of which I was silent in throughout play, All of them should be you being silent. If you are already Chat Restricted, then you should know your account will be under tighter scrutiny. Just say nothing and communicate with pings. >but because I mentioned I couldn't communicate much due to restriction, he wanted to see me further punished just because we lost. He reported me for verbal abuse and told the other team to report me. So? The system works by looking at # of games reported vs total # of games. Not # of reports per game. People telling other people to report someone are just trying to get to you and you can, and should, report them for it. Just mute them and ignore them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Valderis Vandala,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bf8xEXAf,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-11-30T23:46:28.906+0000) > > You don't learn anything from playing against people way more skilled then yourself. Actually...you do. You learn what things not to do, how hard you cna be punished for doing them. At the same time, you won't learn much if you get crushed in under 10 minutes either.
> [{quoted}](name=Bears Dont Care,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bf8xEXAf,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-11-30T23:55:43.916+0000) > > Actually...you do. > You learn what things not to do, how hard you cna be punished for doing them. > At the same time, you won't learn much if you get crushed in under 10 minutes either. There is a limit to it. A Bronze won't learn much getting stomped by a Diamond. The level of play that the Diamond is on is so far above the Bronzies head that they will be unable to see the mistakes they are making to fix them. It is much, much better to have a gradual increase in dificulty, i.e. Broze vs Silver, Silver vs Gold, Gold vs Plat, etc. This is a better, more effective way to learn.
: kaceytron reached gold
Some one sounds like they will be attending Jelly School next year.
: I'm perma banned and here's my story.
I don't understand why people feel the need to try and give other people advice. Like, that *never* works out for you. *EVER*. The only way people get better is to realize that they play bad and need to get better. No amount of explanation or justification from a 3rd party will change that. Also, how do people have the time to look at another person's lane and comment on what they are doing? I dunno about you guys, but I have a hard enough time looking at my own lane, remembering ability and Summoner Spells cooldowns, Item builds, Trading potential, jungler positions, objective timers, MIAs, etc. to look at another person and call out problems their play. Pay attention to your own shit. Just stop typing at people. Like for real, just stop. No one should ever have to say more than "GG", "Nice play", "Good Shot [X]", "It happens sometimes, it's ok." and "We can win this, just play safe and farm up." Anything more than that, you are taking time away from *playing the f-ing game*
Xrusa (NA)
: Personally, right now, winning is hardly fun anymore...it's mostly just pubstomps every game. Games are usually decided by the 10 min mark these days, gets tiring.
> [{quoted}](name=Xrusa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1FlPJrX0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-11-30T18:18:06.709+0000) > > Personally, right now, winning is hardly fun anymore...it's mostly just pubstomps every game. Games are usually decided by the 10 min mark these days, gets tiring. In my experience, those games are decided more often by the players just giving up, than the game actually being over. If people actually tried to play from behind, they would see that there are a lot more things you can do to come back this pre-season.
Nidken (OCE)
: So whats the counterplay to test of spirit?
If she grabs you and you can't win the trade, (you usually can't), just move out of the range and wait for the first tentacle to spawn, then *don't move* until it starts its attack animation. Now walk right or left in a perpendicular fashion and BOOM, 0 dmg. Do that 3 times and you are golden. Pro Tip: If you are cursed and she pulls your spirit again, you just have to kill the requisite number of tenticles to end the first curse, they don't stack or reset the tentacle kill stack.
: Chat restriction system is nuts now
> [{quoted}](name=ManBearPig916,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=N7EzKaAM,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-11-30T10:35:59.637+0000) > > I got a 25 game chat restriction for trying to defend someone from harrassment. To you it may have seemed like you were defending someone, but the other 2 people in the game just see 2-3 people arguing more than playing. It creates a negative experience for them and they just report everyone who is arguing. They best way to avoid this is to not defend people. You don't need to give a flamer the satisfaction of responding to them and getting yourself punished. Just mute them and report them. I don't need you to stick up for me because I usually have the person muted and can't see what they are saying anyhow. >I have been falsely reported 2 out of the past 5 chat-restricted games, when I'm silent. People know they can abuse your report system, and they're doing it dishonestly whenever they're mad. I shouldn't get a bad behavior screen when I'm keeping my mouth shut all game. If you truly were, you wouldn't be getting flagged by reports. > > I already got chat-restricted on a game I didn't deserve punishment for. I have no faith that you can detect the false-positive reports from the positive reports for bad behavior. It's never 1 game that gets you punished, it's a pattern of behavior over multiple games. Perhaps you need to reevaluate how you go about communicating with your teammates.
Rozair (NA)
: Sandbox mode?
I feel like the problem with a sandbox mode is that it lacks 1 key factor in a LoL game: Progression. Most builds shouldn't be, "I'mma by X item, then Y item, then Z item, etc.", but should evolve naturally over the course of a game. Each item choice shouldn't be about that is the best item statistically, but what is the best item *for the situation*. Sandbox mode would be LoL in a vacuum and that will only really get you so far.
Gafkay (NA)
: Possible New ELO System
LP is meaningless. MMR is the only thing that matters. All LP does is progress you through the League System, which is all window dressing to make gaining MMR more interesting. If it does not affect MMR, than it does not effect the Ranking System and does nothing to increase ranking accuracy. I'll address specific points now: >However, quite seldom does someone give a possible solution to making the ELO system "fair". That is because the ELO system is fair. What is a better measure for how good at a competitive, objective based game you are than how often you complete that objective, aka win? >[...] if someone was to play Azir in a silver 2 game and won, their LP gain would be larger than if they had won with an Ahri due to the win-rate gap between those two champions within that silver 2 ELO. The key to this working is that it awards based off of skill and knowledge rather than playing the "OP" champions simply because they are the META. Who gets to determine the "OPness" of a champion? The whole point of the ranking system is to be inclusive to all play styles, and this directly gives certain play styles a disadvantage. >By making sure that any champions with a clear advantage over most match ups get punished ultimately by the ranking system while still giving award for victory. This also works the other way too. Losing with the champions with a high win-rate will yield a larger loss if defeated. Additionally, it goes vise-versa for those with low win-rates. Keeping people's rankings at bay simply because their favorite champions become stronger/weaker would make for a much more enjoyable experience. Part of this game is learning how champion match ups work and understanding their relative strengths/weaknesses against other champions. You can't lessen the impact of that skill in the game and call the ranking system more accurate at determining skill. >"An accurate representation of player skill" is what the community has been begging/complaining for since the community started. This system would achieve this by making it so that if you are better at the game than your counterparts, you will rise regardless of what role or champion you play The only people who complain about this are people who do not understand how the system works. The current system already lets you rise if you are "better than your counterparts", it's just that most people don't know what "Better than your counterparts" means. >My favorite affect that this would have is the promotion of champion pool diversity. Since there is larger penalty to losing with a "stronger" champion, players will be dissuaded from using the same champions in most situations. Instead of picking a Yasuo into a Zed because you are great with him, you could pick Annie and global him any time he tries funny business for an easier win. Expected value is going to be much greater when someone can pull out a sleeper in the right composition. (Hypothetical) If Annie has a lower win-rate than Yasuo, wouldn't that mean people would be more likely to pick Annie due to the increased LP gains? Wouldn't this just create a Meta where people cycle through the champs with low win-rates to gain bonus LP? Ultimately, this does nothing to solve any of the problems with the ranking system. The problems with the ranking system is with the players. People who can't admit to themselves they make mistakes, don't consistently improve their play, talk about Elo Hell, flame their teammates, and leave games are the real reason the ranking system isn't as accurate as it could be. Coincidentally, those people are usually the ones one the boards complaining about "OP Meta Champs". Not trying to rain on your parade, and it was a good effort on your part. It just doesn't really solve anything and creates a few less than ideal scenarios.
: > [{quoted}](name=Solash,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NqViERm5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-11-25T20:53:07.399+0000) > > There's like, 3 ways to counterplay her E. > > 1. Dodge > > 2. Draw their attention away from your soul. > > 3. Take the curse, it ain't that big a deal. "low counterplay"
> [{quoted}](name=ZeusHasRefresher,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NqViERm5,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-11-25T20:54:52.108+0000) > > "low counterplay" Most skillshots only have #1 as counterplay. It has 3X the counterplay of most skillshots.
: Welp I provided you an example and you wanna call it hearsay so...but gj googling big words to make your self seem intelligent
> [{quoted}](name=jokerguy5,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PGfkfmfx,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-25T16:39:35.983+0000) > > Welp I provided you an example and you wanna call it hearsay so...but gj googling big words to make your self seem intelligent Because it was hearsay. That makes it not a real example. Hearsay: 1. information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor. 2. the report of another person's words by a witness, usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law. The example you provided was what someone else had happen to them on another account. There is no way for me to validate that, so unless you have some real evidence, I'mma just go do other things, cause all this salt is bad for my heart. Also, gj on the Ad Hominem there. Definitely makes your argument seem more credible. If I had to look it up for this, I prolly would have spelled it right the first time.
Lavaniel (NA)
: Daily Reminder that Tryn can Ult While Polymorphed
It would be kinda pointless to say that "Undying Rage can be used even when affected by crowd control." if there were some CC that it could not be cast during. That seems much more straightforward and less confusing than forcing the players to keep track of what CC prevents it and what CC doesn't.
: Lol My friend got his smurf banned at 5am within 5 minutes of the game ending... are you saying there is someone sitting at riot at 5am just to review reports... no there isnt his smurf was banned by a...wait for it... COMPUTER
> [{quoted}](name=jokerguy5,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PGfkfmfx,comment-id=00040000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-25T16:00:50.128+0000) > > Lol My friend got his smurf banned at 5am within 5 minutes of the game ending... are you saying there is someone sitting at riot at 5am just to review reports... no there isnt his smurf was banned by a...wait for it... COMPUTER 1 anecdotal, hearsay example, a good argument does not make. It stands to reason that they would have a night shift/have a 24 hour staff for that sort of thing. It has been stated by Riot many, many times, that they review all the perma-bans, so unless you have some actual evidence to prove they don't, I'mma gonna have to disagree with ya.
: Ok my bad I thought I was about to converse with an intelligent human being not a copy+paste 10 yr old. I'm also referring to your "don't be toxic and everything will be fine" comment as untrue. So I shall now explain "Friend" as being a player since 2011(obviously not this account) I've seen the highs and lows of Riot and League and let me tell you this is a major low in the company (not so much the game but thats an opinion on a player-to-player basis even tho the new minions are dumb as hell) Riot is more machine than ever before. Everything is automated and nothing is actually handled by a person anymore and if you have any ticket they can't help with you get a copy+pasted response (sorta like your comment above) lets not even talk about the fact they have completely done away with the "O hey you are missing 10 rp draw us a picture or make us laugh and we can help you out there". Lets also not forget that if you are hacked and, while hacked, get banned or any kind of punishment Riot doesn't feel they are responsible (which they aren't no one really is tbh nowadays getting hacked nowadays in online video games is a matter of time) and refuse to look into in hacked case. Lets also remember that all bans are handled by a freaking computer so you can not even be toxic, such as standing your ground or joking around where a curse word is used, and someone on the enemy team can be salty AF and report you and BAM computer deals out punishment.
> [{quoted}](name=jokerguy5,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PGfkfmfx,comment-id=000400000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-25T15:26:42.407+0000) > > Ok my bad I thought I was about to converse with an intelligent human being not a copy+paste 10 yr old. I'm also referring to your "don't be toxic and everything will be fine" comment as untrue. So I shall now explain "Friend" as being a player since 2011(obviously not this account) I've seen the highs and lows of Riot and League and let me tell you this is a major low in the company (not so much the game but thats an opinion on a player-to-player basis even tho the new minions are dumb as hell) Been playing since season 2 and have never once had even a warning that I was reported in any games. You know why? Cause if someone says something that causes me to want to type at them, I mute them. >Riot is more machine than ever before. Everything is automated and nothing is actually handled by a person anymore and if you have any ticket they can't help with you get a copy+pasted response (sorta like your comment above) lets not even talk about the fact they have completely done away with the "O hey you are missing 10 rp draw us a picture or make us laugh and we can help you out there". Perma-Bans are reviewed by a real person before the ban is applied. Did the chat restrictions and suspensions not clue you in that you may need to change your attitude? >Lets also not forget that if you are hacked and, while hacked, get banned or any kind of punishment Riot doesn't feel they are responsible (which they aren't no one really is tbh nowadays getting hacked nowadays in online video games is a matter of time) and refuse to look into in hacked case. Lets also remember that all bans are handled by a freaking computer so you can not even be toxic, such as standing your ground or joking around where a curse word is used, and someone on the enemy team can be salty AF and report you and BAM computer deals out punishment. Again, Perma-bans are reviewed by real people. The problem with "Standing your ground" or "Joking around" is that all you are really doing is contributing to the toxicity of the game. 2 wrongs don't make a right. You don't need to defend yourself against some random Toxic player. They are not worth the time or the potential ban it will get you. Be an adult, mute them, and report them at the end.
: [Gameplay] Bandit 1 gold proccing on minions killing other enemy minions
Aren't Turrets and Minnions on your team considered "Ally Minions/Turrets"; therefor, if a minion/turret/pet last hits them, an "ally" is killing them and you get gold.
Myz (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SmokedAlmonds,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HOjfL2Eb,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-20T21:58:21.948+0000) > > It is pretty obvious from the responses you get that you are ineffective at that. So you need to either work on how you can get through to them, or stop trying. > > Im not trying to say what he did was right or that he wasn't trolling(I have no idea). I'm just saying your response did not help the situation and in fact pretty clearly made it worse. If he can,t take criticism he shouldn't be playing a game genre like MOBAs
> [{quoted}](name=Ebay Account,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HOjfL2Eb,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-11-20T22:01:54.975+0000) > > If he can,t take criticism he shouldn't be playing a game genre like MOBAs There is a difference between Constructive Criticism and Antagonization and you, unfortunately, come off more as the latter than the former.
Myz (NA)
: People are being childish, and I feel Riot is encouraging it.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebay Account,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HOjfL2Eb,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-11-20T02:10:55.241+0000) > > First I'd like to give an example by telling a story which happened today. > > Today I log in the game to play a couple game of League, I queue up for a normal, since I still need to check out items etc, I get top and pick Xin. Game start loading, I see I'm against a wukong, ok, decent match up. > > At 4 minutes, my jungler ( Olaf ) gank my lane ( top ) with red buff active, we do not have quite enough damage to burst wukong and he flashed away, which is perfectly fine, he has to back and we now be behind. No, Olaf activate ghost and tower dive alone into the wukong, and proceed to get killed in 1-2 tower shots giving the laner Red. Still fine. > > Conversation went as follow: > > Me: Plz why ? > Me: Explain to me how this was a smart thing to do > Him: It was funny > Me: Would it be funny if I went AFK screwing 3 others people game because I consider it funny ? No. > Him: Would be funny > That question is inflammatory and the next response is downright toxic. I wouldn't report you for this, but it's a mark against you. > Some time pass > > Viktor is doing very poorly and feeding mid, olaf also doing very poorly. > > Conversation goes as follow: > > Me: Why are you going performing so poorly, don't you learn from your mistakes ? > Viktor: You mad ? ( kept asking me if I was mad, in a not very polite way for the rest of the game ) > Olaf: I know what my mistakes are > Me: Most likely not, because you keep doing them again and again, at least listen to my advices... > Both of them: It's normal I don't care > Both of them: Why are you mad ? So toxic /all report xin plz The Phrase "don't you learn from your mistakes?" has a really, really, really, high chance of being taken in a negative light and then your next response is very "Holier than Thou", which is never taken well. I would report all of you at this point and here is why: 1. You began by antagonizing a teammate for a mistake. 2. They responded to your statements with toxicity. 3. You antagonized a teammate for a second time. 4. They called for a report on you. You and them were acting childish in this situation and should be reported.
: calculated highest gold jungle path; be highest gold/exp in game as jungle
A question about Devourer junglers, so you think this also an optimal path for getting sated, or do you think it's a good idea to add a dragon/scuttler into "The Path" so you can get sated sooner?
fr0st2k (NA)
: Why I am Salty - Riot makes us this way intentionally with their bad matchmaking
: LP losses with afk
You'll have an AFK on the other team that will make up for it. Statistically speaking, there is a 45% chance that an AKF will be on your team and a 55% chance it will be on the other team. So over a long series of games, the AFK's even out. It does suck when it happens though, but there isn't much that can be done about. I believe Riot is implementing a system to kill the match if 1 person doesn't connect at the start, but I'm not 100% sure about how far along in development it is.
: Tahm Kench gets full stacks way too easily
From LoL Wiki: Swallowing enemy champions slows Tahm Kench by 95% and removes all An Acquired Taste stacks from them. I play him Jungle a lot and I can confirm you have to re-apply the stacks after spitting out an enemy.
: Why is ranking from season 4-5 messed up so bad?
> [{quoted}](name=OoBakedFrylockOo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4Kbe2415,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-11-20T02:18:17.421+0000) > > I have made 2 more accounts but have delt with the same thing...But here is the difference I main adc and support and mid but, I have played this account since season 3. I get no idea why i go 5-5 in season 5 and then i create a new account due to the 'sick of trolls and afks not fair' making new account. so i did and then i go 1-9? should have went 6-4 or least 5-5 and get B5????? Perhaps it is you and something needs to change in your playstyle? > anbd i get a new account and go 1-9 i get silver 5 but due to my elo and stuck in this b.s. i go in 5-5 in season 5 and get B5 i dont understand the reason? behind the ranking?? why give worse potionaing in ranking for better record? and vice verse sa??. Your old acount had an established B5 MMR, so when you did your promotionals, and went 5/5, the system placed you back into B5 cause that is the proper place for you at this time. Since you only won 50% of the games, you showed the system that your last season ranking was pretty much correct. > but due to once again explained. IN provisional I encounter alot of players who mess up games on purpose like spawn and feed down lane? how I'm supposed to deal with that in game? meaning making ranks and this game no fun at times it really upsets me that i see my friends in silver gold and higher and no one sees the crap i deal with in game at all? please riot read and fix this next year. LOL I BEG YOU!!! PLease take these trollers afks or other things that just is not fair to players who are dedicated to win and climb ladder. Everyone deals with Feeder, trolls, AFKs, etc. You are not alone in that; however, they are not the reason you are in B5. Statistically speaking, as long as you are not troll/AKF/Feeder, there is a 45% chance to get a Feeder/AFK/troll on your team and a 55% chance for the other team to get one. The reason it seems like you get them more, is that when it is on your team, you immediately notice it; as opposed to when it happens on the other team, you may not notice it until the end of the game. You are the reason you are in B5. The only consistant thing between games and accounts is yourself. You have to look at what mistakes you are making and correct those mistakes to climb. It is really easy to climb out of B5, you just have to learn what mistakes people make in that MMR range and exploit it.
: Need some info on Azir :)
I highlighted the stuff you specifically asked for. Arise! is a ground-targeted ability. Applies spell effects as an area of effect ability. Hextech Revolver Spell vamp is reduced to one-third effectiveness. Will of the Ancients will heal you for 5% of the raw damage dealt. Rylai's Crystal Scepter will apply a 40% Slow icon slow for 1 second. Magic damage will be mitigated by magic shields. *Soldiers deal 「 50 – 170 」 (+ 60% AP) magic damage to all enemies in a line.* *This spell doesn't count as auto-attack and will not receive any benefit from auto-attacks. It still however procs the passive of the Furor boot enchantment.* *Every fourth auto-attack command issued by Azir to Sand Soldiers will trigger the unique passive of Sated Devourer, Azir and all attacking soldiers will display a phantom that performs the same animation and allows Soldiers to attack the same target twice. This phantom would do the same damage as a normal soldier but will have the same modifier as any extra soldiers attacking the same target, meaning the phantom of one soldier will only deal 25% of the damage the first soldier deals. This mechanic was specially coded for the case of multiple soldiers, allowing Azir to do 125% extra damage with 3 soldiers present instead of 50%. Azir will have the normal mechanics for Sated Devourer while using his normal auto-attacks without soldiers.* Damaging an enemy champion will cause minions in range to target Azir. The gold-generating passive on the Spellthief's line of items will not activate when using this ability on towers. Source: Lol Wiki
PRN (NA)
: Tencent doesn't make any decisions? All the older (and even new) champions have had their model updated to match CHINESE splash art, not the splash art that Riot had created for them. *Every* update that a champion has had, they were converted to how China drew them, not how Riot drew them. The new Janna, Tryndamere, Evelynn, Ashe, Katarina -- everyone was converted to China's version of them. **This is why** Riot was finally okay with adding chinese splash art to the game -- because they actually matched the new models and upcoming models. Ever noticed how Riot celebrates chinese new year's (Lunar Revel), but not our own new years? Ever noticed how we stopped celebrating american holidays but now we're celebrating chinese holidays? Ever noticed how we have slowly started to censor out the offensive visuals according to CHINESE LAW? Cigars, but most importantly, BONES! Karthus is now wearing a full-coverup and Sion lost his bone-arm. Since bones are in fact offensive and censored in China! So don't tell me that Riot is an american company. Are the people at Riot HQ american? Sure. But you guys will never realize how much this game has converted to Tencent's vision of it rather than Riot's.
> [{quoted}](name=PRN,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=LG1vea6h,comment-id=000200000000000000020000,timestamp=2014-11-13T19:03:01.857+0000) > > Tencent doesn't make any decisions? All the older (and even new) champions have had their model updated to match CHINESE splash art, not the splash art that Riot had created for them. *Every* update that a champion has had, they were converted to how China drew them, not how Riot drew them. The new Janna, Tryndamere, Evelynn, Ashe, Katarina -- everyone was converted to China's version of them. **This is why** Riot was finally okay with adding chinese splash art to the game -- because they actually matched the new models and upcoming models. > > Ever noticed how Riot celebrates chinese new year's (Lunar Revel), but not our own new years? Ever noticed how we stopped celebrating american holidays but now we're celebrating chinese holidays? Ever noticed how we have slowly started to censor out the offensive visuals according to CHINESE LAW? Cigars, but most importantly, BONES! Karthus is now wearing a full-coverup and Sion lost his bone-arm. Since bones are in fact offensive and censored in China! > > So don't tell me that Riot is an american company. Are the people at Riot HQ american? Sure. But you guys will never realize how much this game has converted to Tencent's vision of it rather than Riot's. Or they just want to have the game available in as many countries as possible. I am all for "Corporations are evil and do evil things", but you have to objectively look at things before you can say that. Honestly, why does anyone care about this at all?
Brohoof (NA)
: Am I the only one that likes the preseason?
Of course you aren't the only one. They are just playing the game. Generally speaking, people are way more likely to be vocal about things that they don't like/pisses them off, than about things that they like/enjoy.
MaLife (NA)
: Riot's Priority
At least you don't have to play the game and lose MMR, which is the only thing that matters, btw. LP is just there a a shiny thing to make you care more about your individual games. MMR is the thing that determines if you climb or not, so it is much more important than 3 LP and 10-20 mins of your time. Dodging also gives you some time to cool off, grab some water, do some stretches.
: I hate the "modern E-sports" community league of legends has created.
Riot uses the idea of "Perfect Imbalance" to keep the game fresh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31OSVZF77w source: extra credits If you look at the most recent changes, Riot has moved away from the Nerf/Buff cycle that plagued Seasons 1-3. Now they are attempting to balance the game through offering more strategic decisions for the players. So instead of buffing/nerfing the numbers, they tweak how kits work to give them clear moments of strength and weakness. It's a good thing.
Show more

Kazaashi

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion