: I'm here from the future, Riot did the thing.
No they didn't. They released a new champion and slapped the name on it. But either way, I could think of worse threads to Necropost.
: Thoughts on reworked Swain
Answering the question, yes and no. I do feel that his old kit needed help. but I also feel that there are some parts of the new kit that are def improvements. Either way. It does not matter what you think. Rito does not care.
: Lulu Ult VS Urgot Ult
Last I checked, Lulu ult does not heal, but rather increases max health. So. It's... not a heal/it does not push them over half health so much as it makes the same ratio with a bigger health bar, but I could be wrong.
: "Hey let's interact with the enemy to try to have fun in this game!"
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/12/tiniest_violin.gif
: New Epic skin: Dragon Master Swain
Meh. Lemme know when you choose to release something that feels more like Swain. Leave me out of this Kael'thas nonsense.
Rebonack (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Keepe,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wJdAl3ge,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-22T00:21:34.398+0000) > > Counterpoint to both sides of the argument. > Who cares? It's Riot's game, they're going to release what they want as they see fit, and nothing you say or do will really have an effect on the outcome because people are silly enough to send money their way anyway. > > Good or poor design, it does not matter. Riot does as Riot wishes. Believe it or not they take feedback pretty seriously. So long as conversations are kept civil and constructive, it's information Riot can use. Might not change anything about THIS champ, but who knows how it might sway future projects? Also: Go look up what Lux looked like originally. The Boards threw a shitfit over her original model and Riot changed it to what we've got now. They do, in fact, listen.
I speak from experience. They do have a habit of listening _just enough_ to garner good will. I won't speak for Rioters, but I will point out that such a thing is simply called "Good business". I won't say whether your view here is correct or not either, but I am glad you have a good opinion of what Riot does for their community. If everyone was a cynic like myself, things would be boring. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Something People are Overlooking
Counterpoint to both sides of the argument. Who cares? It's Riot's game, they're going to release what they want as they see fit, and nothing you say or do will really have an effect on the outcome because people are silly enough to send money their way anyway. Good or poor design, it does not matter. Riot does as Riot wishes.
: but he's channeling demon magic not exactly incantations or spells. A better warlock would be {{champion:13}} but he's not catastrophic
Warlocks traditionally draw power from other beings, and Swain is currently doing that in addition to his own abilities. I can draw you countless literary/popculture points, but the long and short of it is he's a Warlock. I think you may be confusing the classical tropes of Warlocks with Wizards.
: New Champ, Kai'Sa
: I disagree, we don't need more fugly monsters and characters for a while, the last couple of champion releases were full of shiet for 'diversity' . I strongly appreciate Riot finally coming up with a new attractive female, it feels like its been years.
What are you talking about? The new Swain is the best attractive female they've done in years. Gorgeous locks and all.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tessel8,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LLZP8PYG,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-19T04:59:55.879+0000) > > Back when it was utility adcs. I liked those days. Playing Ashe and Jhin every game. Now you just do whatever cuz its just a coinflip "back in the day" "Jhin" What?
> [{quoted}](name=GlobDaBlob,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LLZP8PYG,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-02-19T05:03:17.785+0000) > > "back in the day" > > "Jhin" > > What? Back in the day where the tutorial had you Ashe Mid and suggested Thornmail as a core item.
: > Neo Pax requires rng and money. Jokes on us, the skin was only avaible till 8th Januar, so if you haven' got it, you never will.
Hi. Owner of Championship Riven (not 2016) here, I call BS.
: Why are Sivir skins so hard to obtain?
Jamaree (NA)
: Reminder that if you aren't having fun with League, you should stop playing.
Didn't read. Only came to upvote the calico Pal. Fittingly named Palico.
: Swain passive does not fucking work
Ummm. I can't help but feel like this is missing a few lines of dialogue.
: Best Swain Skin
I've no concern over the existence of Kael'thas, so I choose to ignore it. Bilgewater, left sleeve clips through mantle. Tyrant, mantle, specifically the gold bit between the shoulders, clips through the cloak. Northern Front, I've not seen many noticeable clippings. Plain dull white colors work in the favor of the skin, I suppose.
: Loving new mana items?
Hi. Huuuuuge Mage player. Don't like it because I hate having choices taken away. "BUT LOL YOU NOW HAVE MORE MANA CHOICES-" I've been a mage since Mana Manipulator was a thing, don't try to tell me I have more "Choices".
: Did anyone notice that Ryze got a slight nerf?
Meh. Leave it to Riot to take the fun out of champions.
: It's less healing and more a large amount of ap and magic pen, grievous wounds are just a bonus.
If people cared about large amounts of AP and Pen, they'd go a more practical route and buy a Void Staff with a Rabby. The GW is the only thing it has left going for it, since it's had most of it's effects removed.
KoKoboto (NA)
: I really like the idea Riot has got going on for AP items
I mean, if you believe that, sure. A lot of people are still going to build it by late game either way since... you know. ADCs, Supports, Tanks, various built-in healing abilities along with the massive lifesteal from lategame ADCs. But what do I know.
Sukishoo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Keepe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W8paaYAx,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-02-07T04:06:41.349+0000) > > Uh huh. Lemme know what that one happens. It did happen. It's on PBE right now. https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TrI9nR1RZPc/WnoeGuDk89I/AAAAAAAA4gk/sm8sJcWLu_U8ZJjlGM6PNogNVd2gs-9pQCLcBGAs/s1600/swain.jpg
... Hmm. Dragon Master Swain. http://apollo-eu-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/1433269098/dragonmaster-swain.jpg Or. Whatever the hells this is. https://i2.wp.com/www.connectesport.com/alpha/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/dragonmaster-swain-2.jpg?resize=780%2C398&ssl=1 Sugar, don't give me Jafar... https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/f/f9/Jafar_Aladdin.png/revision/latest?cb=20160511153548 ... when promised The Horned King. https://adriankoltun014.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/vlcsnap-2014-02-10-18h06m56s142.png
: A Reminder of Fan Requested Skins
> [{quoted}](name=TheHobbits,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W8paaYAx,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-02-06T21:21:23.668+0000) > > https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5sozWC7YKV2aLZcw-xX68UFML7RkFL1ujFOKb3zbXEDJVKALTu70GuX2N > > ... and now F'ing Dragon Master Swain. Uh huh. Lemme know what that one happens.
PhRoXz0n (NA)
: AP Itemization on PBE (8.4)
... Riot. Please don't.
: So I got into a Discord with some guy.
People actually enter Discord with others for LoL? Good lords, man, are you a masochist?
: Veigar was really strong before he experienced a power shortage.
Please. Power shortages are beneath him. Which is saying something.
: Dragon Master Swain Skin Teaser
Nyloaf (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Keepe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xBmLp33u,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-06T23:10:06.391+0000) > > I mean if you like the modern iteration of Swain's take on it, good on you I guess. I do :p I never played Swain before his rework so I never got attached, and I really like how his rework feels. I was never really a fan of the goofy bird ults so his new one + this skin looks incredible. It's going to be easily one of my top 5 favorite skins.
Well, that's what matters. So long as a skin makes someone happy, it's done it's job. Own bias aside, I am glad you love it! **Heavy breathing and shoulder grasping here.** Youuu. Are the next generation of Swains. May bird person live on. https://orig00.deviantart.net/b62b/f/2011/181/7/a/fma__sad_smile_by_yaoi0yuri0rules-d3kl8gx.jpg
Nyloaf (NA)
: Can we talk about Dragon Master Swain??
I mean if you like the modern iteration of Swain's take on it, good on you I guess.
: THE EAGLES WON THE SUPER BOWL WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT
Sorry, I don't pay much attention to basketball.
: Vlad has no real weakness
{{item:3123}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3033}} {{item:3076}} {{summoner:14}}
: Why is my silver boarder not showing around my character?
Preseason is when ranked games do not matter, dove. You need to wait till next season. Edit, for clarification. A silver border is basically an accolade saying that the previous season, you made it to Silver/Gold/Etc. If you've made it to silver, congrats. Next season, you'll have your border.
k wìx (NA)
: Why does no one talk about nerfing Alistar?
I've never really had issues with him. Granted, the moment I see a tank support, I pick Brand. But still.
Selegun (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Keepe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vxQH6WKA,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-02-05T17:06:01.889+0000) > > Because one Morde Main said he was quitting and people just want attention. It's more the handful that are on the boards simply replying to each others posts.
> [{quoted}](name=Selegun,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vxQH6WKA,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-02-05T17:11:29.833+0000) > > It's more the handful that are on the boards simply replying to each others posts. I _did_ consider that, but every so often I like to believe there's a glimmer of hope in humanity.
nelogis (EUW)
: Why is everyone on the boards a Mordekaiser main all of a sudden?
> [{quoted}](name=nelogis,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vxQH6WKA,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-02-05T15:18:19.881+0000) > > Why is everyone on the boards a Mordekaiser main all of a sudden? Because one Morde Main said he was quitting and people just want attention.
: please fix this, i hate trolls banning my champ... if they ban your intented champ you should be able to dodge without an afk timer or something like that however this doesnt seem like a sustainable solution maybe just being able to report them in champion select and riot really paying attention to this kind of behaviour would change it? if riot doesnt adress this problem its gonna get worse over time and more and more people are gonna start doing it with the new champion select. pls fix this
Holy Necropost, Batman. And say what you will, I'll take banning the newly released Champions in Ranked any time. No matter who is picking. People are not always banning because they're trolls, but rather they're banning because they don't want to deal with those champs on the other team or even their own in the case of "LOL I AM ALREDY MASTER SEBEN -Insert New Champion Name Here- , WTF IS IS YOUR PROBLEM YOU TROLL?!"
: :P I almost exclusively refer to champs in this manner ex: lebroken, freelia, pwnie, urgod etc
Leblanc, Irelia, Urgod... Who is Pwnie? I-I feel like it may be Annie? But it could just as easily be Hec! (He's a My Little Pwnie.)
: Veigar is not safe at ALL. Katarina, Zed, Fizz, Akali, and Yasuo are all incredibly difficult to deal with on Veigar. Any champion that has high mobility is a nightmare when you're playing Veigar, and that's especially true against champions that are very bursty. Champions with high burst also destroy Veigar because 1) he's incredibly slow, and 2) he's incredibly squishy. No matter what you buy on Veigar, you're going to get destroyed if an assassin gets close, or a damage mage gets their combo off. Veigar NEEDS to keep you at a distance, or he's going to get killed super quick. Also, it's super easy to deny farm for him - if you out range him, prioritize forcing him to back, or forcing him to over-extend. Xerath is often perma-banned when I'm pay Veigar, because a good Xerath with poke so hard, that I either can't farm at all, or I am forced to stay on very low health, with no options to dodge if he either goes all-in or uses his ultimate. If you get countered against him, he also doesn't have much when it comes to multi-target damage - his cooldowns are kinda high, and after he pops one champion, especially if he uses his ultimate to do so, he doesn't have much damage to take on another. That being said, jungle ganks are also a great response to Veigar, even if you don't out-range him. Also, the early to mid game is your time to take him out, because by mid game he'll have stacks. Honestly, early game he's basically worthless. Yeah, his Event Horizon's stun is pretty long, but he NEEDS to either a) sacrifice stacks in order to conserve mana, or b) buy an item to alleviate his mana-hungriness. So, early on is the time to punish a Veigar player. If it gets to be 35 minutes in and your teams look even on the scoreboard, they aren't. Veigar is already most likely stronger than most of your team. What I notice a lot is that a lot of players that don't play Veigar often stay away and keep their distance at all times, because they aren't use to a champion being so much weaker than them early on like Veigar. Even at level 4 when he's got all of his abilities, they don't do anything, so that's the opportune time to kill him and keep him from getting strong. Finally, Veigar is in a weird spot - no runes really fit his playstyle other than giving him things that he already has, instead of giving him new things that are more useful. Most of them give snowball potential, and he already has that built-in, so taking any runes that aren't utility based are a huge risk, because he'll just fall further behind if he loses lane. This is from a Veigar player, so this is an in-depth look at the things that I'm afraid of, and things that I struggle with. This is just to show you that Veigar is not unbeatable. Also I can confirm that Veigar 1-shotting tanks never happens. Unless you're that bad and he gets super fed - like, Sorc Shoes, Void Staff, and 2000 AP fed. But other than that, I can firmly say that any tank that has built a spirit visage and any 2 other tank items is a problem for Veigar. That magic resist and all of that health is enough to tank at least 3 rounds of spells (that being 3 Baleful Strikes and 3 Dark Matters) and have a reasonable amount of HP left. The only real problem most tanks have against Veigar is that they can be kited, because they by and large don't have many mobility spells, and are prone to Veigar keeping them at arm's length with stuns, or forcing them to dodge Dark Matters to slow them down.
Sooo... gist. "Veigar is the reason why Assassins still have a place in League"? http://pm1.narvii.com/5866/8f62839515151a828f5f79d5b7b0fec3a1a66864_00.jpg
: CertianlyT appreciation thread
Is it just me, or is the OP itself a bit of low-key board hate? "As much as I hate playing against champs you designed" "I don't play a lot of yasuwin"
Bjerg (NA)
: SKINS!
Riot will go where the most money is to be made. I wouldn't concern myself over it.
: I’m probably stupid for not seeing the similarities between Vlad and new Swain gameplay-wise...
Minus the Q being essentially a smaller Tides of Blood, Swain's gameplay is pretty different. And as a player of the guy, I enjoy that. It's mostly just the visual aspects that people complain about.
: Skins are overpriced Rito, you money grubbers
Duuuuuude, relax. It's just a small indie company struggling to make ends meet. At least that's what I'm told. http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/3/3c/LoL_Facebook_Icon_03.gif/revision/latest?cb=20161029213427
Sanngriðr (EUNE)
: Or Ornn. Or Ivern. Or any champ after 2016 lel
> [{quoted}](name=toxicity creep,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ek3E7adt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-30T14:18:13.000+0000) > > Or Ornn. Or Ivern. Or any champ after 2016 lel I... I like Green Daddy, though.
: While you're fair in liking the new Swain, stop. That's bullshit. I don't hate the rework because "There will always be Star Wars fans who hate Star Wars sequels". I hate it because they *completely* did away with all the parts of the old character that made him who he was as a character. Sure, the lore was spotty because the JoJ wasn't really canon anymore, but that doesn't justify complete removal of everything visual about him. If you want to make an analogy to Star Wars, they basically did the equivalent of taking Darth Vader and turning him into a gun-toting, lightly-armored, sexy guy clad in orange. You might like it. That's fine. But don't give me the BS of "Swain fans just want to hate it". No, I didn't want to hate it. I was pretty excited about it actually. Teaser got me hyped AF. I *do* hate it *because it isn't the same character* **at all**. It's a totally different character with a couple vague lip-service references to the original. There's a difference.
I liked the PREQUELS of Star Wars. So there. ... Oh gods, what am I doing with my life. So, just giving a vague generalization here. You're saying that while Maleficent would be a far superior villain in the story, once you give us the buttery smooth wicked joo-joo Jafar, you can't just replace him with the superior and more stream-lined villain for the effect of mass appeal? Like you cannot replace Yoda with Mama Odie? Interesting line of thought. We should pursue this, RIOT. I am on the same boat as you, friend. I saw the teaser, and was excited. I saw his hair in the teaser, and knew that they were going for a different approach in hairstyle. Visions of Christopher Lee and Lord Vetenari danced through my head, and then... "Why are we getting a new Vlad model?" Therein lies the problem. They took Swain. And they made him into a generic and visually uninteresting character (And worse, a character very similar in appearance to one we already have.), dumping anything that was him off to the wayside because Riot decided "Why is the leader of Noxus in bathrobes? Lol. Why would a guy with a cane be hobbling on the front line? kek." But, unfortunately, one thing we're going to have to accept on the matter of Swain, those of us who are complaining... Is that we're likely a vocal minority. Most people in League either don't care, or enjoy the rework. And there's nothing about that we can do.
: Glad everyone's being so civil about Swain's VGU
It's kind of cruel to generalize all the complaints like that.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Can someone explain how Fiddlesticks takes skill to play?
YuGiHo (NA)
: {{champion:122}} Announcer please!!!
I can picture it already. Short, and to the point. "Double kill? Please. Anything less than a Deka-kill is pathetic." "A tower for Noxus." "They aren't even trying." Now if it was a DUNKMASTER DARIUS, things would be a bit more... colorful.
: > [{quoted}](name=InfiniteDurress,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=drYpAzTE,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2018-01-27T07:47:23.692+0000) > > {{champion:136}} would be best announcer voice hands down Lols equivalent of Alarak. I like it.
I logged on HotS for the first time in ages. Saw Alarak announcer finally added. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeed like a fangirl. Best announcer, hundred out of ten.
: It's 2018 and we're still the only popular MOBA to not have Announcer packs
Only if it's Final Boss. PERSONALLY, I'd rather have Shaco announcing, and making terrible puns the whole time.
Ratpie (NA)
: She is really fun vs Zed :D
: Too bad you are a clear minority and a vast majority of the community is pissed with how they changed Swain. And you're a dumbass if you think a society which prizes strength cares about appearance. This is Noxus, not Sparta.
I wouldn't claim that there's a vast majority just yet. There is usually a silent majority. At the moment, you're speaking as a vocal faction in a thread that is more likely to garner the attention of those seeking an echo chamber of "This. Isn't. Swain." as opposed to those who don't care or are fine with the rework. Don't misunderstand me, I am on the boat of "So... the new Vlad is cool, but I thought we were getting a Swain rework?", but don't be overly presumptuous and let people have their opinions. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Show more

Keepe

Level 74 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion