Guðr (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=hXKqx4bs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-17T13:30:24.719+0000) > > How many times did you accuse of your teammates of trolling? > > That's an act of harassment you know. My teammate opens top, and then proceeds to int bot lane. How is it toxic for me to call them out on something they are obviously doing and asking for a justified report?
Looks like the accusations started before she actually opened. Also you first accusation was not directed at Riven.
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mPny0NTQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-17T06:36:48.591+0000) > > Selfishness. > > There's 140+ champions. The only reason you'd have to get so pissed off over one of them is selfish reasons. There's simply no nonselfish reason for that at all. I perfectly agree. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/c7EL1bBz-riot-legendarys-response-to-taking-ghostcleanse That's why this suspension is nonsensical. Being banned for picking a character else wanted then clearly playing to win with it even though half the team afk'd and the ally jungle who wanted Rengar instead takes Soraka cleanse/ghost to try to get the team to dodge but fails to and saying nothing in game? Yikes.
He also did that to deny Soraka from playing Rengar as he saw that the jgler no experience with Rengar. He also immediately changed his summoners (that are typically used for trolling) to attempt to force a dodge. Btw, the Soraka also got a 14-day ban that game.
Guðr (NA)
: Can a support member PLEASE tell me how any of this is toxic/unjustified. Thanks
How many times did you accuse of your teammates of trolling? That's an act of harassment you know.
: Bard trolls whole game, nothing will happen to him
Trolling games like this will be triaged in the review queue (maybe for around 2 weeks or so, because they ARE behind in their reviews) first and then reviewed manually. You won't get to hear the result regardless of outcome. Just because you won't hear about the outcome, doesn't mean they won't be punished.
: good thats good to see but they also need to work on them banning your pick to troll you. or just make it where you cant ban what a teammate has picked
Oh don't worry about that too. We've seen cases here with Riot Tantram smiting them as well. But keep in mind that it's not the action alone that gets punished, it's the intent behind the action that gets punished. Trolling your team mates will get one punished. Strategically banning a high priority hover alone will not get one punished.
: The Way Reports Are Reviewed Needs Updated
someone was just banned for taking their allies pick to troll them. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/c7EL1bBz-riot-legendarys-response-to-taking-ghostcleanse?comment=0056
: Champion loading mastery really needs to be shutdown for safety reason.
Hmmm... I thought the patch said that we have the option to choose what will be displayed. Maybe look around the client and see where you can switch it off?
: I know the feeling, I went on a 26 game lose streak last week. I figured it was tilt so I took 6 days away from game, came back to the same stuff. So I know the feeling op. But good luck , I hope you can break the cycle..
He's in EUNE, no position ranked there.
: Bug Splat causing dodging
You might want to update your graphics card drivers. Sometimes those can be causes of crashes.
: I'm pretty sure they were way way more toxic than me lol and seeing this compared how others act I'm pretty sure this is pretty subdue compared to other ppls rage.
Let's have you understand the behavioral system a bit more. Think of it like a health bar (or tension meter) in music games. When you hit the note at an off beat, your tension meter increases. When you completely miss a note, the meter increases by alot. When you hit the note at good timings, it reduces the meter. Riot's behavior system works the same way, as in we all have a toxicity meter attached to our accounts. When players are mildly toxic, it goes up a tad. When people use hate speech, it pretty much fills up the meter. of course, clean games reduce the meter. It is possible for playerA to get punished and playerB not to, even though playerB was waaayyyyy more toxic . Let's say playerA started the game with the toxicity meter at 95% and playerB's at 35%. Ingame, playerB said some pretty nasty shit and playerA responds with some shit as well. After the game, playerA gains 10% toxicity and playerB gains 50%. Now playerA is at 105% toxicity and gets punished, whereas playerB is at 85%, and not punished in that specific game, even though playerB was found to be 5x more toxic than playerA in that game. Keep in mind that the reform card only shows you 1-5 recent games as examples of unacceptable behavior, doesn't mean you were punished for those 2 games alone.
: > [{quoted}](name=wontontonton,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NAAEOB3E,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-16T07:27:59.540+0000) > > Yet they are still playing and I'm banned. Yeah that definitely sounds fair. I was pretty calm through the whole thing. I hope everyone can get away with murder as long as they can lie well Why do you keep bringing up other people's behavior? It's irrelevant. The only behavior a person can control is their own, so that's the only behavior Riot looks at when determining punishments. If they had to account for "but he took my lane" and "did you see what he said though" and "he was afk anyway" and "they started it" and every other excuse under the sun, there would be no punishments and the game would be crushed under the weight of this poor behavior. By the way, what you consider "calm" is not what others consider "calm." Also, calling your teammates "losers," "useless," and "horrible" is totally unacceptable. There's never any justification for doing that.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NAAEOB3E,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-16T07:39:01.639+0000) > > Why do you keep bringing up other people's behavior? Because they think the behavioral system judges people on a single instance and compared one's behavior against another. Sadly, we don't have the transparency to let people know it's based on consistency x severity. Would be nice if the reform card actually wrote something like the following: ###*57 games out of your last 242 games were deemed to be below community standards and was used in consideration of your punishment. Here are some recent examples of your unacceptable chat:*###
: > [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0Azac6f6,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-02-15T01:55:47.142+0000) > > Algebra test time; If a lvl 11 Annie has an AP ratio of 2.4, how much AP is needed to full combo 1 shot the enemy Vayne that has 28 MR and 1274 hp? Purple
Stay in bronze. {{sticker:sg-lulu}} {{sticker:sg-janna}} {{sticker:sg-zephyr}}
: I'm a junior in high school who has given up all hope on passing math so I use league as a healthier coping mechanism
Algebra test time; If a lvl 11 Annie has an AP ratio of 2.4, how much AP is needed to full combo 1 shot the enemy Vayne that has 28 MR and 1274 hp?
: I've held off creating this thread for too long... The Day Riot invited me to Playtest Mordekaiser
One day .. I hope I'll get invited to Riot to review the new behavioral systems. I need to start making daily posts like MM to catch Riot Tantram's attention. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: But the 14 day ban was back in the beginning of December... so 2 months ago. Since then, I've played hundreds of games, easily. I even had my "Rewards" privileges restored back on my account for good behavior. I got that message about being improved. This was because of a 7 game losing streak where I was helpless to do anything to stop it, some of those games with trolls.... and I was tilted because of it.
So upon further review, you played 242 games (I included the remake games, which shouldn't be included, but excluding them isn't exactly easy when you are trying to count 20 games / page) since your punishment in early December, which is soooooo close for you to drop a punishment tier. That is unfortunate. You were also shown 3 games in your reform card, which means that your consistency in your toxicity was pretty high. With those numbers, you might be able to make a case and ask support to manually review the punishment and if they can drop your punishment tier back to a 14-day ban instead of a permaban. There might be a case you can make, but that would highly depend on how you were behaving between the time after your 14-day ban and before your losing streak. If they find that you were being really sportsmanlike during that time, they may consider dropping your punishment tier, but if you had similar attitude throughout that period, then the answer will probably be negative. It also depends on how you approach them and how support is feeling that day. If you are combative towards them, then you'll shaft your own chances of getting a positive review.
: banned? Automatic system is better because now riot doesnt have to do the dirty work
Even if they had a human reviewing your games, you'll still end up banned. Even if they had the community tribunal running from back in the days, you'll still end up banned. Just because a human looks at it instead of a bot, doesn't mean you'll get away with toxicity.
: How can you even try to climb ladder
You can't. Just fully write this game off, clear your mind and start fresh.
: I need advice helping a toxic friend
Hmm ... one way I can think of is to use yourself as a sponge and deflect everything he has onto yourself. By that I mean to ask him to coach you, so you become better at LoL. So you duo with him (maybe as bot lane), and whenever something goes wrong, you ask him what could you have done better in an objective manner. Is it the positioning? Is the the trading? Is it the back timing? Is it the micro-side of the team fight? Ask him in game, and then get him to review the game with you after the match. So if there is anything that can't be explained in game, you defer the anger to the post game analysis. Also ask him in game what can be done next within the game to win the macro mid/late game. Through him being analytical, feeling important, and more objective focused, he may learn to stop being toxic. But that method puts a huge burden onto yourself. So if you are willing to take on that baton, then see if he'll do it. Personally, if I see someone who is toxic in my friend's list, I immediately unfriend and block them.
: Perma banned
The Instant Feedback System was introduced in Aug-2015, when Riot decided to close the Tribunal. The IFS punishes people based on consistency x severity, so if you haven't been punished in 2015 till recently, it means that you've had a spike in your toxicity. Blitzcrank bot was recently introduced as an automated method to respond to players with behavior questions. You can request for a human by replying to that ticket asking to speak with a human. If Blitz bot showed you chatlogs that were unrelated to your own behavior, then you might want to point that out in your reply in that ticket so a human can review whether or not your account has been subject to unauthorized entry.
: Well... do you think those chat logs deserve a perm ban? I'm just wondering what people think
It certainly does deserve a punishment, and since you didn't show the system that you have reformed enough, the system decided to punish you. Since you were on permaban tier, your punishment from that was ... a permaban. I mean .. you were warned in your 14-day ban that your next punishment would be a permaban, and the "I didn't read it" as an excuse won't fly here.
: I was banned for this?
The system punishes people based on consistency x severity. Minor toxicity over many Many MAny MANy MANY games will eventually get you permabanned. Especially after you don't prove to the system that you've reformed after your 14-day ban.
: Wtf is wrong with banning system
There is some leniency on new accounts when it comes to toxicity and disruptive gameplay behavior. That leniency is gone after a 14 day ban.
ZuQa (EUNE)
: Got permanently banned for flaming, when I was triggered by a flamer!
Your 14 day ban was your warning. It was written in the reform card that if you don't change your behavior, your next punishment is a permaban.
DGOT (EUW)
: toxic premades
Fear not, only the player behavior team has the ability to adjust people's punishment and if they were found to do it without reason, they'd get fired. Also something for you to know, the system has the ability to filter out false reports, so don't worry about getting reported if you did nothing wrong.
: 3 games trolled out of the last 7, are we serious riot?
Griefing punishments typically take a longer time to review and punish. Unless they are straight running it down, you really shouldn't expect a punishment notification.
: Healthy alternatives to flaming
> [{quoted}](name=Tuition Fee,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z45vIiE9,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-13T05:49:14.748+0000) > > 9: Silently cry in a corner. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: Intereresting data point. What were you after the reset?
Rioter Comments
: if you are right, this is the stupidest honor system ever created.
Why is it stupid? Personally, I find this system to be fair. So if you wish, let's debate it!
: Got Chat Restricted back in 2018 now honor2 !
They have to manually add the rewards to the individual accounts. So be patient. If you haven't gotten the rewards by 25th of February, feel free to submit a ticket to https://support.riotgames.com
: Riot i need help pls
Let's have you understand the behavioral system a bit more. Think of it like a health bar (or tension meter) in music games. When you hit the note at an off beat, your tension meter increases. When you completely miss a note, the meter increases by alot. When you hit the note at good timings, it reduces the meter. Riot's behavior system works the same way, as in we all have a toxicity meter attached to our accounts. When players are mildly toxic, it goes up a tad. When people use hate speech, it pretty much fills up the meter. of course, clean games reduce the meter. If you started the game with your toxicity meter at 99% toxicity, any little toxicity can get you punished. So yes, while the game you posted was the last straw that broke the camel's back and triggered the punishment, your punishment is based on all the other games that you were misbehaving.
D3ath1y (NA)
: this has not been my experience at all lol, I am getting only feeders.
Well, it is under experiment in NA. So if you wish, you can log your feedback to support or report it as a bug.
D3ath1y (NA)
: Positional Ranks - People "trying" out roles
When they are playing a role they don't main in, they are playing at a lower MMR, so their match making is easier. If they were in your game and haven't played much in that role, it would mean that their main is a much higher rank, so you can probably count on their map awareness, understanding of macro and positioning in team fights. My personal example; I'm a silver2 support, but my mid rank is bronze3. While I may not know the specific lane matchups, I can still ward effectively and can still tell others of where the enemy jungler is.
: I am going to ignore this statement due to the fact someone else pointed this out and once again their is more to my post than just a system of reports and we must not simply zero in on something that is apart of what is posted. Its food for thought, no argument or call to arms. Its a conversation starter not lets gang up on sleazy cause he is wrong about an number. Did you not wish to discuss possible fixes?
eh ... You're english is just confusing. What is this system of reports you speak of? You want us to think about it, but it's not clear what you want us to think about. If you want to discuss a problem space, you first have to let everyone understand what the problem is within that space. Right now we understand your problem space is as follows: > My problem is their are far too many players who ask for gang-reports so players they don't agree with get penalized We tell you that people don't get punished through gang reports, but that doesn't seem to be the problem space you want us to discuss. So we seem to be misunderstanding what you are defining as the problem space, so please further clarify for us.
: This does not have to be an argument. If you are only out to correct and not understand and discuss, I wont be replying.
But what is your concern that you want to discuss? We've already told you that the system doesn't care how many reports is recieved. If you are confused about our wording, then I'll reword it by letting you know false reports get discarded and doesn't do anything to people's accounts. So based on those two things that the system does already, are you concerned about something that can be abused?
HàrrowR (EUW)
: Seeing all these people perma banned has me worried
You'll get chat restrictions first before getting permabanned. People that get permabanned for minor stuff do it pretty much every other game over hundreds of games.
: I think you are referring to the chat, which I already stated has a system in place for that.
The same applies for disruptive gameplay behavior.
: Lost my 8yr old account My season 1-2 baby(My First Love)
Not sure if it will help, but try to login to support using incognito code. Not sure which browser you are using, but different browsers have different names for a secured mode. Just Google how to do it, maybe it will help the 404 error.
: OK, actually looking at the list they'll also be punishing stuff that isn't objectively "negative" as well. Specifically, "sending monsters to kill other players" which is somehting I don't even think I fully understand but from the sounds of it it's leading monsters to players? That's a stupid reason to punish a player.
Mob training with the intention to PK was always punishable in many MMORPGs.
Xia Mulan (EUW)
: FALSE REPORT GOT 5 GAMES MATCHED WITH 20 MINUTES BY UPDATE
You might want to uspdate your video card drivers as well.
en2que (EUW)
: Mandatory "Ranked rewards regrant when" thread.
It will be in your account by Feb 25th.
DunkProphet (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=LA3zFomd,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-12T14:24:07.258+0000) > > I see people speeding all the time. Doesn’t make me immune to getting pulled over for the same. If we are using that logic then self defense IRL is acceptable and the person who instigated the fight usually gets in much more trouble than the other responding.
If someone punches you and you need a defense mechanism, you set up your barrier so nothing else from that dude can hit you. You don't need to hit him back.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BP5PMXjk,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-12T04:58:03.433+0000) > > I've seen people say that before, but when I ask for a link (cos I might be missing some information), I never get a link. > > You got one you can provide? https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/02/ask-riot-ranked-and-more-ranked/ They talk about LP splash and lane swapping in the latest (as of this post) Ask Riot.
That's LP splashing, not shared/linked MMR between positions. The point between positiional ranks is that the autofilled support dude isn't matched against people at a his normal level where the autofilled is unfamiliar with champs, matchups or even their roles.
: > [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0xoP7VEd,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-12T08:38:51.977+0000) > > So a person would need to knock on random doors in their dorm to find out if there is another league player? no. why would they need to do that? the first 3 people just make an account with ease. the 4th just fills out the form, with no info needed from anyone else. > Not only that, but you expect these four strangers to reliably sign their name for the exception and submit the form, and patiently wait to play the game when no other game requires you to jump through such hoops? They'll just play something else at that point. patiently wait? lol. it only takes a few minutes for such a manual review process man. my last platform i coded before i retired. peaked at 7.2 million users globally. i know thats not as big as league. but thats pretty big for this next sentence to give you perspective. we managed that community, all their requests, 24/7, with the ability to respond to any/all inquries within minutes, with a staff of 12 people. > What would be preventing someone from making up a few additional names and listing a nearby dorm in order to get a free white-list? staff, before whitelisting the IP, can pretty easily check within a few minutes if this IP belongs to a house, or dorm, or apartment, or business. this isn't difficult. > What would stop people from collectively flooding Riot with exemption requests slowing down the process for any possible legitimate request to a crawl? nothing would stop people from doing that. MANUALLY. as far as them scripting a bot that tries to ddos flood the exemption request form, thats easy code stuff. if people actually MANUALLY start flooding it you just hire more staff? well if its the same person that has filled out the form multiple times and already been denied, you can have code that just auto ignores their requests, freeing up staff time for legitimate requests. a staff member can review a request and approve/deny in like 15-30 seconds. doesn't take a lot of staff to manage this. and with an annual income like riots? they can afford a lot of staff
Hmm... from what I'm reading, that doesn't fully prevent people from making new accounts either. Just gives them more hoops to jump through in order to make new accounts.
VaalAlves (EUW)
: Someone got my account banned
Riot certainly has tools to see if there was unauthorized entry on your account. Write a ticket to player support at https://support.riotgames.com and let them know someone else has been using you account. Make sure you get them to check for the unauthorized entry instead of the use of scripts, cos they have to first prove the unauthorized entry before they do anything about the scripts.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BP5PMXjk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-12T04:46:48.549+0000) > > You realise that the players who are playing other positions have a different MMR right? > > My support rank is silver2 and matched with people of similar skill level, but my mid rank is bronze3 and I'm matched against bronzies. While I suck at wave clear and matchups in the midlane, my warding and positioning knowledge from support still translate to the mid lane. Even though I lose lane, I put up a good fight mid game and it kind of makes up for my crappy CS early. Not true, sorry. The mmr for all roles are linked, do terribly on one role get shit mmr on another. Riot made a post about this themselves.
I've seen people say that before, but when I ask for a link (cos I might be missing some information), I never get a link. You got one you can provide?
Tazerous (NA)
: Account Suspension
You'd have to be patient if you want a human to respond to your tickets and not bump it. Adding new stuff to your ticket sends it to the back of the queue and you'll have to wait all over again. Also, the chances of a Rioter replying to a post in behavior boards is very low. If you wish, you can post your chatlogs here and we can let you know what went wrong. Or you can post the bot's reply to your ticket and we can figure things out from there.
: Position Ranking and how its destroying Solo Queue
You realise that the players who are playing other positions have a different MMR right? My support rank is silver2 and matched with people of similar skill level, but my mid rank is bronze3 and I'm matched against bronzies. While I suck at wave clear and matchups in the midlane, my warding and positioning knowledge from support still translate to the mid lane. Even though I lose lane, I put up a good fight mid game and it kind of makes up for my crappy CS early.
: > [{quoted}](name=MadHatler,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wEZW8n3t,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-02-12T00:00:41.183+0000) > > They can 100% manually edit your honor. When the latest season started, there was a bug that downgraded people's honor. I was Level 1, Check Point 3 at that time, but I logged on to find my Honor was Level 1, Check Point 1. I submitted a ticket, they fixed it after they figured out the initial bug. > > But I don't want Riot to fix my honor. I want to know why I did everything the article said, and I'm still not there yet.
> as long as you’re playing to win and not making anyone else’s experience a bad one. Maybe you've missed this part? Also, it would needed to be 3 months instead of 2 months.
: Can I get banned for typing "fullmute all"
Those who get punished for saying "muted" are typically those that use it in a condescending manner in the middle of a discussion, like their teammates are not worth their time. Your context was not aimed at harassing / insulting others, so you are fine.
Show more

Kei143

Level 148 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion