Vreivai (NA)
: While I agree that the punishment was far more likely than not warranted in this case (and in most cases), I really hate the guilty until proven innocent mentality that most people seem to take on this board.
But the system (automatic or manual) has already found them to be guilty ... {{sticker:zombie-nunu-tears}}
: And these people wrote NOTHING in chat, right? :) Feel free to link the games, where it happened. Let's see :)
Chat punishment notifications are a different message compared to unsportsmanlike behavior punishments. Plus I typically don't report others for verbal abuse. You are free look up my OP.gg or match history, I only remember 2 games within the recent times that I reported others for unsportsmanlike conduct. One was a Khasix JG in ranked maybe 2ish weeks ago? The other was an enemy Ryze in ARAM with Zilean on my team, that might be 45 days ago. Khazix did say that he was giving up and AFKed by the turret for couple of minutes, Ryze pretended to be nice in chat, but it was stupidly obvious. He was saying stuff like "welp, my team says I'm trolling but I'm just having a super bad game." Yet hes flashing in the wrong directions, missing skill shots on purpose (even on a snared target) so he doesn't kill, follows his low teammates with Zilean bombs on his head to kill them, ulting people out when they had the teamfight advantage or ulting team into the enemy's turrets.
: > Some do get punished. You honestly they think they do literally nothing to combat a problem that is ruining their game for players? Honestly? No, they are banning everyone who talks about this problem ingame :) > You honestly think NO ONE gets banned for trolling/inting? Some total mental rundown mids with 6 tears do. If you do softinting, you are safe.
I've gotten 4 unsportsmanlike punishment notifications in the past 2 months. I haven't gotten anyone that runs it down in my games, but I've seen and reported those that gave up and AFKed (either at the fountain or farming irrelevant lanes till game end). So those punishements do get handed out.
roughvan (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3EHkFhxg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-18T19:58:58.346+0000) > > report in-game and submit a support ticket on that player then. whining about it here ain't gonna help. and if you need to cry about that, do it here > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/rant Submitting a ticket does nothing, i've been told when i've done that before by the support that their system will catch them and ban them, i don't understand why i don't get any messages about their punishments then. I've went out of my way to write a lengthy ticket on what he did wrong, with proof and link to the game on their website and all i've been told was that i should keep being a good teammate and report them. I understand that support may not have time to deal with all the tickets they recieve about trolls but come on, why is there an option to report players then.. Also if someone gives proof and can even specify the minute the particular player inted, how hard can it be to check? They can't be making accounts faster then people can ban them if the support is required to spend 30 seconds to a minute to check. Problem is, these players will keep ruining games, most are not as obvious and will not run it down literally but will play worse and not play to win, maybe split push or ignore team fights, also seem some rush in first to die and bait other teammates to go in and system can't detect them, they'll never get punished. At least 3 times in last month one of my teammates will say how someone on our team doesn't deserve the win and begin trolling after typing that.
Cos they typically don't give punishment notifications for manual reviews. Just because you don't get a notification, doesn't mean they don't get punished.
: If I Report Someone I Don't Want To Get Que'ed With Them Again
When I don't want to play with someone, I normally queue up as their role the next game. Those are the joys and benefits of being a support main but can fill.
905 (EUNE)
: Hi, just have one simple question to a Rioter
Or maybe you can stop accusing people for inting and trolling when they just suck.
: I'm sorry, but "Ok I'm out" should be a permaban
This already happens. People whom have shown a consistent behaviour of rage quitting get 14 day banned then permabanned. There's just no visibility and transparency for the punishment.
Sęraph (NA)
: Riot is making up shit to ban me
Well, go sue them if you think you have a case. You think you can get around the system like that, but you can't.
: Playing ranked: Team harasses me for small mistakes?
I just smile and ignore them as I know their false reports does nothing to me and their harassment will eventually get them banned.
Scarlesh (EUW)
: Question: What to do when a teammate is feeding and the game is unwinnable?
I typically would practice wave management and how to get the waves to push while spending the least amount of time to have it push out. If I can get waves to auto push from my inhib tower by clearing 2 minions and leaving 2 at 10% hp, then that's what I'd try to execute, then rotate to other lanes and try that again. After the lanes are pushing, it gives my team opportunity to play a 4v4 or even 4v3 when the enemy sends their resources tô clear those waves.
Mikie74 (NA)
: he was just in the jungle sometimes it just clicks with people, If people don't figure it by then, they're not going to figure it out in 3 min of gametime lol
Tell him to throw a sapling between the front and back line when there are no minions and tell Sylas to Ezreal ult at the same time. The back line would scatter and the front will get slowed. Viola, your engage set up is complete for Maokai or Sylas. Then you tell Annie and Sylas to focus on Soraka and not blow everything on the front line, while you focus on zoning (even though you don't do any dmg because of your tanknivia build). If people are under performing and you want to pick them up, give them precise instructions and game plan. Continuously screaming engage engage engage engage won't help them learn how to engage.
: I got chat restriction for nothing
Feeding is not inting bro.
: Fairness in rank games
How do you climb? Win 55% of your games and you are climbing.
Mikie74 (NA)
: Chat restriction/trying to communicate the problems
I read through your chatlogs. You had 1 line teaching Maokai how to engage and position, and that was probably at the end of the game. **You telling him to engage engage engage when he doesn't know how to position to engage is indeed what you identified as the problem, but your words offer no proper advice. It's like telling someone to play safe when they don't know how to. ** Looking at the stats of that game, he was probably being ripped by Malzahar and too scared to engage. Make sense, seeing that their comp counters yours, especially you don't do any dmg with your tanknivia.
Sirhaian (NA)
: Sadly, those fall outside the scope of those updates, as those are only focused on VFXs (and SFX in Renek's case). :c
can you reduce the colors or fiddle around with the opacity on Jax's ult? He just looks like a ball of color and hard to see him doing anything else. Especially true on the Nemisis Jax, where he's close to all purple.
: I got a 25 game chat ban for this one game, I previously got a 10 game chat ban for 1 game as well.
Yea, that's just how it it's displayed, it's actually pretty bad for clarity. Send a ticket to https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us and ask them how many games were considered in your punishment. The number would surprise you.
: Tell me what I got banned for
> [{quoted}](name=Tyler Freaking 1,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QO4nEM9V,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-16T19:41:41.309+0000) > > I dont understand what it is with silver players and thinking a 31-20 scoreline is winnable, Diamond+ players ff games all the time because they understand when its over, and somehow I get punished for being the smartest person in the game. Comebacks are actually alot easier at low ELO. People suck at macro / rotation / wave management and it's easy to put low ELO players in disarray through simple macro tactics. That said, the reform card shows you 1-5 recent games as examples of unacceptable behavior, doesn't mean you were punished for 1 game alone. While there will be those occasional games where your whole team understands the proper macro play and not give the enemy a chance to come back, they really don't happen that often. So you are probably being negative waaaayyyyy more than you need.
: If somebody's account is lvl 150+, and they feed in my games, and i look at their match history and they feed there too, its not that they're a bad player, its that they are purposefully feeding.
What does level have to do with anything? It just means they play the game. Until the bads learn and apply the skills needed tô not be bad, they'll still be bad regardless of how many times they play the game.
7ckngMad (NA)
: I really want to believe they get punished but when I check up on players I reported weeks ago they still play. I'm losing faith in the reporting system
It's possible that what you consider as trolling may not actually be trolling in their eyes.
: Low lvl gameplay in a nutshell
well, leaver buster and manual reviews don't give you notifications anyways. so you'll never know when someone gets punished. That said, what you classify as "chat-scilent feeders" are probably just bad at the game and bad players won't ever get a punishment for being bad alone.
The3cho (NA)
: How Often Do You Get an Instant Feedback Report? (Gauging the System)
In the past 3 months, I got 4. All for AFK farming and giving up. I dont report for mild verbal harassments.
: it was a normals but it still pissed me the hell off tbh. for context 4 members of the enemy team dead, one sitting on his fountain, 4 of us alive, we were attacking the enemy nexus the other 4 stopped attacking around the last few hits and pulled up an ff vote. 4 votes against 1, and you can guess who the 1 vote against was from. i can most likely assume they were a 4 man.
Yes, people have been punished with a 14-day ban for that before. Under griefing.
ElOre25 (NA)
: Match Making
> [{quoted}](name=ElOre25,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Bl384cuZ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-15T17:37:33.796+0000) > > Cant believe that when u are in a winning streak u dont get a rise on ur LP per win That's cos your MMR and competition is increasing as well. If your competition's level didn't increase, it would make sense for you to gain more.
: Constructive criticism: does it work for you?
I've had mixed results. Sometimes the response is "I can't believe that worked", sometimes it's "stfu, don't tell me what to do."
HunkOasis (EUW)
: Help us to better understand Toxic Behavior
Uhhhhh... I guess the survey is not compatible with mobile devices? The formatting is all over the place with radio buttons floating around with no text.
: Being a noob
All a report does is to flag the system to review the game for toxicity. If there is no toxicity, then you won't get punished regardless of how many reports you recieved.
: The Most Toxic MMORPG (According to Ranker), Annnnd??
League .. MMORPG .. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} I was just browsing the Memes and games subboards and came back here to check for new behavior posts. For a second I thought I was still in Meme and Games. {{sticker:sg-zephyr}}
OneMoMan (NA)
: Tarzaned calling for a reworked punishment system.
Being bad's punishment is dropping LP. There are no further needed to punish them.
: I need serious help.,
Ivern is a champ with relaxing quotes, but he is SOOOOOOOOOO not a mage. Commonly, the people whom are toxic accuse people whom are bad as trolls or are inting. First thing you need to accept, people are bad at different aspects of the game. Someone might have awesome map awareness, but sucks at positioning. Some people may suck at laning phase, but do well in team fights. Some are all mechanics no brain, some are the opposite with all the knowledge but none of the mechanics to back it up. Secondly, you need to identify within the game which players are the ones whom need the help most. Can the person who is ahead 1v9? Can the person who is behind be untilted? Can the enemy who is ahead be slowed down? What can you do at that time to snowball even further or prevent the enemy from snowballing? When something is going wrong, either with yourself or with others, identify how they can get back in the game. When you are busy problem solving, you don't have the time for blaming.
: What was in this thread that got the entire thing removed?
It's possible that OP deleted his own thread.
: So if it's by context how do they determine acceptable context? It's the kind of thing I'd probably say literally if someone kept dying so what do they use to determine context?
> [{quoted}](name=Secretly a Phos,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uBm72eF3,comment-id=000300000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-13T02:57:02.144+0000) > > So if it's by context how do they determine acceptable context? Repeatitve behavior shows patterns of people's thoughts and intents. It's like reading body language, people subconciously say stuff without actually saying stuff. In Riot's case, they need to determine the behavior is intentionally displayed to cause grief to others. If it was, then it's punishable.
y0r1ck (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uBm72eF3,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-04-12T23:19:48.380+0000) > > Google it, person whose been around for a while. You keep telling me to google things, and when I do I can't find anything relevant. Can you help me out this time? Maybe tell me what to search so i can find what you're talking about?
Meh, I thought it would have been an easy find, but apparently not. I guess I don't have the proper keywords locked down. But those whom have been around have certainly seen those punishment cases with the chatlogs of fake "keep yourself safe".
y0r1ck (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uBm72eF3,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-12T22:34:23.205+0000) > > They've already banned people who say keep yourself safe within the obvious context of word replacements. I don't know that that's true. Can you show me where you saw that?
Google it, person whose been around for a while.
y0r1ck (NA)
: Should Riot ban people for saying "keep yourself safe"?
They've already banned people who say keep yourself safe within the obvious context of word replacements.
Matä (NA)
: I don't know why my account's been suspended for 14 days.
If you want community input, then you can post your game here, and we can give you feedback based on what we can see.
: Fair points. I was just chat restricted for 10 games ~~because I was~~ for defending myself against some kid was having a mental breakdown (not exaggerating) over me taking the Heal first on ARAM. I wish I can show you guys my chat log - but I don't think League provides you with that unless you're banned? I didn't even use curse words. I said something along the lines of "have fun making more friends in middle school kid" "you're obviously a psycho for having a mental breakdown over this" I reported him and I got a note thanking me for my instant feedback, which is ironic cause I also got chat restricted shortly after. Riot's flawed algorithm or maybe it's too easy to abuse the report system? I 100% know for sure he's the only one that reported me as the team agreed to report him (my team sided with me).
> [{quoted}](name=Butch Lissbian,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vpzPJ2yG,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-12T18:57:48.014+0000) > > Riot's flawed algorithm or maybe it's too easy to abuse the report system? I 100% know for sure he's the only one that reported me as the team agreed to report him (my team sided with me). The punishment system operates based on consistency x severity. Meaning you can be punished for 1 game of extreme toxicity or many games of minor toxicity. The system doesn't detect words, it detects intent. If your words are intended to insult and harass others, then it will be a valid report. If the severity is not enough to get you punished, then that game will be added to your behavioral history and is building a case against you. It is possible to get punished without curse words. Afterall, there isn't much difference in calling someone trash or fucking trash. The intent is still the same. The reform card only shows you 1-5 recent games as examples of unacceptable behavior, doesn't mean you were punished for 1 game alone.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >My personal stance is that duplicate tickets clogs up the system, as that game is already triaged for review. Now someone needs to manually go through the ticket and redirect it to the proper location. how come you know so much about how riot support works? https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/78476a4ee7a8b5b1caf4949491bff335.jpg
Riot triaging tickets was on one of the new articles or maybe a red post on boards. They also said that all reports regardless if it was through post game screen or tickets get reviewed. The only time I can see a ticket not getting reviewed is when the game already punished automatically, so the triager will just toss out the ticket.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: a ticket never hurts but you should always report too because the ifs might just beat the rioter to the pot, by the time your ticket is found in the pile
My personal stance is that duplicate tickets clogs up the system, as that game is already triaged for review. Now someone needs to manually go through the ticket and redirect it to the proper location. More clog, more time required before other tickets get answered. Not to be confused with a review, as the person triaging tickets is probably not the person doing reviews.
Banuvan (NA)
: Doesn't show up.
Then are you selecting a category where live chat is not available?
Banuvan (NA)
: Why is chat not working?
Fill ot the form and at the bottom of the form you'll have a button to go into live chat.
Kaysherr (NA)
: First suspension ever, but I'm still irked about how the punishments are dealt out...
Let's have you understand the behavioral system a bit more. Think of it like a health bar (or tension meter) in music games. When you hit the note at an off beat, your tension meter increases. When you completely miss a note, the meter increases by alot. When you hit the note at good timings, it reduces the meter. Riot's behavior system works the same way, as in we all have a toxicity meter attached to our accounts. When players are mildly toxic, it goes up a tad. When people use hate speech, it pretty much fills up the meter. of course, clean games reduce the meter. So it has nothing to do with getting group reported. your past Behavior also plays a factor, if you've gotten chat restrictions before then the system would see you as a consistent real fender escalate your punishment. Just to let you know your next punishment will be a Perma ban.
PavLoo (NA)
: In the European Masters "Tournament", DV1 played against MAD. DV1 is a polish team, so people in chat went out of their ways to say they hate polish people
So... twitch chat? Or ingame?
: Can we PLEASE punish inters (including soft inters) the same way or worse than toxic writers???
I just got a punishment notification for unsportsmanlike conduct today. I've now gotten a total of 4 in the past 30 days.
PavLoo (NA)
: Well then, this is amazing.
: Riot keeps putting the same toxic people in my match?
I normally play during 9am-noon Est on NA. It's common for me to see the same players throughout that period. My trick is to either queue as the position where the dude was toxic or wait 5 minutes before I queue again.
Vallanos (NA)
: This game is highly unreasonable and it needs to be addressed. The state of ranked at Silver elo:
Being bad is not the same as inting. It isn't even what people call soft trolling, it's just people are bad. The punishment for being bad .... well they drop ranks.
: Did you read the correct post?
I did, and I'm clearly doubting you as you don't have the best track record here.
Infernape (EUW)
: I mean from when you're deliberately smiting and stealing your junglers camps away from them (assuming what the OP said was true), then yes that would actually be tantamount to griefing imo
Not if it's past laning phase. It is also possible that OP is exaggerating and took 2 camps off him and now he's witch hunting them.
: Still waiting btw
Maybe they deemed their action to be not griefing? Just because it's off meta doesn't always make it griefing you know.
Kalikain (NA)
: We need to penalize this.
Technically speaking, you are always leaning about your champ. New patch hits and now you are learning the detailed matchup over again. Even a 10 million mastery OTP can learn new things when circumstances appear.
Show more

Kei143

Level 170 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion