: Some splash art legality questions
You're not making money off it or claiming it so I'd think it would be entirely legal, but I'll let a Rioter give official word.
Retrauk (NA)
: New Star Guardian teaser on Twitter
So, we're in a weird spot here. We could be seeing Ahri's fallen teammates, but we could also be seeing whoever took them down and a new team that's going to stop her. If we see Ahri's fallen team members (plus villain and extras?) this year... there's only two champions who could be *yellow,* which is a color we've never seen on an existing guardian and probably for good reason. Up until this year, we could only expect Leona. However, this year, Kayle was added as a potential second option. Kayle and Morgana skins are looking completely possible here and frankly... either of them could be the villain. If we see a new team that includes Neeko, and then one villain that might be a legendary, my hopes for Taliyah/Xayah/Rakan/Neeko/X (Morgana? LeBlanc? Nami?) still stand. Taric remains an option for a blue guardian if we don't see X/R. As much as I'd like to see it myself, I can't see a Quinn skin happening. Thanks Yamada for reminding me that Ezreal's supposed to be the first male Guardian. Good, that DEFINITELY means we're not seeing Sylas in this skin line anytime soon and anyone saying "BUT THE PANTHEON VIDEO" can shut up.
Terozu (NA)
: Actually come to think of it, Zoe calls Lux tall. Since 5'4 is short even for a girl, she's more likely at least 5'8 since thats the beginning of the height for a 'tall girl', since average height range for girls is 5'4-5'8.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ratrKyke,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-08-24T00:54:22.979+0000) > > Actually come to think of it, Zoe calls Lux tall. Since 5'4 is short even for a girl, she's more likely at least 5'8 since thats the beginning of the height for a 'tall girl', since average height range for girls is 5'4-5'8. Basically what Fas said. Take a look at Lux's height vs Garen and Sylas, who are both over six feet tall. (Kindlejack provided Sylas' height - he's 6'3.)
Terozu (NA)
: Does anyone have heights for these champs?
Taliyah is 5'9 / 175cm; this one is from ThermalKitten. Lux is estimated to be roughly 5'4 / 162.5cm based on the comic and some guesswork. I made personal wild guesses for the other four. I have Ekko at 5'6 / 168cm + mohawk, Ezreal at 5'8 / 173cm, Soraka at 6'2 / 188cm, and Zoe at 4'9 / 145cm. However, these are pretty much completely subjective.
9NexterCz9 (EUNE)
: Which story would you like to move forward after demacia ?
While there are a lot of regions that could really use it, Shurima in particular needs its timeline sorted out. Taliyah is depicted in-game as her sixteen-year-old self who's just found out she has to leave Yasuo and go home (I think that's the exact timing?), but she's now canonically 23. Bloodlines seems to have happened well after her in-game appearance, so what else has happened in the past seven years to her and those around her?
: Next Lunar Revel / Brainstorming for the year of the rat
This coming Lunar Revel is a Warring Kingdoms year, but Twitch being in the mix could kind of mess it up unless they make him a fantastical villain in the same universe...
Adder (OCE)
: In Runeterra are there any "buddhists" ?
Karma... of course. But Nasus seems to recognize it as well.
: Champion Login Themes may actually be songs from Runterra, existing in the lore's canon.
Technically, Camille's login is a proper piano trio except the piano is a harpsichord and there's an orchestra back track that canonically wouldn't be there unless we consider it like a triple concerto or something 😂 Also I think someone brought up that Taliyah is the canonical singer of her login theme, and Layka singing Ornn's teaser song has already been mentioned, so you raise a good point.
kolde16 (EUNE)
: The Darkin and the four(five) horsemen of the apocalypse
Blugh, no... I'm pretty sure that with both this and the demons being sins, Rioters have specifically said that there's no connection.
: But even with the lore, as people always say: "this is Runeterra, Earth races/culture don't exist there". I just find it interesting (and sad) that it's only the darker skinned champs that face the scrutiny of what Earthly race they'd belong to.
> [{quoted}](name=IxtaliKing,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FBbpcONk,comment-id=000000000000000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-14T21:39:40.015+0000) > > But even with the lore, as people always say: "this is Runeterra, Earth races/culture don't exist there". > > I just find it interesting (and sad) that it's only the darker skinned champs that face the scrutiny of what Earthly race they'd belong to. You raise an interesting point here. But I feel like not a lot of people are really clued into the assorted facial features and other genetic quirks that might divide parts of Europe for instance. (When I find someone else who is, though, funny things happen, because I am essentially an Eastern European Jewish mutt and some people have a knack for figuring out exactly where parts of my family are from.) They're just things we take for granted, and it's always easier when skin tone makes it obvious.
: iirc a recent /dev post said they were making a new race/faction/region, its possible this is it as potentially piltover #2.
> [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kPNEORLV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-14T21:10:59.871+0000) > > iirc a recent /dev post said they were making a new race/faction/region, its possible this is it as potentially piltover #2. That faction was probably Ixtal.
: are they finally making an adc who is fair like all the overloaded champs today? Every new champ today has to either have high burst damage, at least 1 dash, at least 2 hard cc abilities, or all of the above. Is this adc gonna be able to 1v1 now? feels good
> [{quoted}](name=overpoweredscrub,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kPNEORLV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-14T21:01:10.771+0000) > > are they finally making an adc who is fair like all the overloaded champs today? Every new champ today has to either have high burst damage, at least 1 dash, at least 2 hard cc abilities, or all of the above. Is this adc gonna be able to 1v1 now? feels good Bugger off and whine about balance elsewhere.
: Karma and Illaoi are easily read as "black" not only for having darker skin, but because of their voice actresses being "black" women. They look "black", and sound "black", to those who aren't familiar with any "Indian" or "Pacific Islander" design influences on these champions.
> [{quoted}](name=IxtaliKing,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FBbpcONk,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2019-08-14T16:11:52.068+0000) > > Karma and Illaoi are easily read as "black" not only for having darker skin, but because of their voice actresses being "black" women. > > They look "black", and sound "black", to those who aren't familiar with any "Indian" or "Pacific Islander" design influences on these champions. This is a fair point. I would also be fine with an ordinary person reading them as being black if they've only ever played the game and not read the lore. Somebody who hasn't read up on the lore might not understand the cultural inspirations behind Buhru for instance. But we're on SA&S. Everyone's read *some* lore here!
: Bringing up the point I made with you on Discord, I don't consider revealing outfits to be sexualization unless they are specifically meant to flaunt the character's assets, and/or if said outfit is impractical given the character's nature. For example, Neeko imo is not sexualized, because her outfit makes sense for a shape-shifting lizard living in the jungle, and its not meant to present her in a sexual way. Ashe, however, is sexualized because her outfit does not make sense for someone living on the frozen tundra and pretty much screams "look at my perfectly framed tits". This goes for the guys too, though I honestly think that its easier to make men sexualized than women based on my standards because guys don't really need a sexually suggestive pose/look, while women in most cases do. There's also justified sexualization, like Evelynn, who uses lust to lure her victims, and Janna, who is a wind spirit(wind, after all, is free, so why should she confine herself with clothing?).
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=VmkZrjw9,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-08-14T07:59:09.095+0000) > > Bringing up the point I made with you on Discord, I don't consider revealing outfits to be sexualization unless they are specifically meant to flaunt the character's assets, and/or if said outfit is impractical given the character's nature. > > For example, Neeko imo is not sexualized, because her outfit makes sense for a shape-shifting lizard living in the jungle, and its not meant to present her in a sexual way. Ashe, however, is sexualized because her outfit does not make sense for someone living on the frozen tundra and pretty much screams "look at my perfectly framed tits". > > This goes for the guys too, though I honestly think that its easier to make men sexualized than women based on my standards because guys don't really need a sexually suggestive pose/look, while women in most cases do. > > There's also justified sexualization, like Evelynn, who uses lust to lure her victims, and Janna, who is a wind spirit(wind, after all, is free, so why should she confine herself with clothing?). Yeah, this is basically exactly what I was saying. I was not intending to approach my version from a "oh no, the women are undressed!" standpoint like the OP of this thread is. My post also took care of the justified cases. I'm still of the opinion that Nid, Janna, and MF need work but it's really a combination of season 1 outfits, general visual outdatedness, and really shitty joke animations/VO.
: Hey Riot, Why Are The Women In Your Game Mostly Sex Objects Despite Having No Real Reason To?
Hey, so, I did a post on this a while ago that ~~may've been a little better formatted but~~ caused just as many nasty reactions as yours probably will. The long and short of it is that **the champions you're most worried about are in extreme need of redesigns** and because they are both so graphically outdated as well as being sex dolls, I think it's very hard to disagree. All three of them have original designs dating back to the very earliest days of the game, when Riot was a lot more focused on pleasing horny guys. Caitlyn also falls into this category. I'm not particularly concerned about Fiora considering that her jacket actually obeys the laws of boob physics to a higher degree than most similar outfits I see (her model gives a much better idea of this than her splash). But I did list several other champions in that post who also had blatant sexualization problems, including the likes of Kai'Sa and Ashe. Kayle also makes an updated version of this list, though partially just on the basis that part of her armor would hurt her the moment she bends over. I'm not a huge fan of Qiyana's design either on similar grounds to the rest, but she is at least wearing a slightly more functional outfit than many egregious offenders that also shows her royal station (and that she's arrogant enough to not guard her heart, which frankly suits her but would be inexcusable for anybody else). EDIT: To be clear, the angle I approach this from is not "oh no, the women are EXPOSED to the predatory eyes of horny male gamers!!!!" I feel that that's what OP is getting at and I dislike that viewpoint. My angle is more like "should she really be wearing that in a battle, or is her armor going to kill her in some way?"
: Qiyanna. You forgot qiyanna.
> [{quoted}](name=a random hoe,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FBbpcONk,comment-id=000000000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-08-14T02:44:41.027+0000) > > Qiyanna. You forgot qiyanna. Qiyana's inspired by indigenous Central and South Americans.
: Im not african yet im black. OH WAIT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE AFRICAN I FORGOT
> [{quoted}](name=a random hoe,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FBbpcONk,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-14T02:47:22.998+0000) > > Im not african yet im black. OH WAIT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE AFRICAN I FORGOT Or, your great-great-great-X grand parents were originally from there? Maybe just understand that that's what I mean and my wording is shit, jeez.
EdgeLady (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FBbpcONk,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-14T01:46:58.035+0000) > > I specifically worded this to avoid you saying that. There's no way to get around real-world inspiration, especially when it comes to picking a character's physical features, and that's what I'm trying to point out. > > There's a pretty wide array of cultures and ethnicities that Riot draws from, but it took four black male champions - Azir (shown in his teaser), Lucian, Ekko, and Pyke (who's half Shuriman and half Buhru) before Riot decided they were comfortable making a black woman. Compare that to some of Runeterra's ethnicities being introduced by women (Illaoi formally introducing the Buhru, Taliyah shedding light on modern Shurimans, Qiyana introducing the Ixtali people). Which is entirely acceptable if and only if they wanted to avoid accidentally hitting any of the offensive stereotypes I've seen tossed about, but every time they release the occasional generic hottie like Kai'Sa, there is always someone asking "can we have a black woman instead please?" Now we have that. Right as Blizzard introduces a black woman in HotS, too, though Overwatch still does not have one despite frequent requests. (And Qhira looks like Blizz copied notes from Qiyana or vice versa. Even the name.) I don't think Azir counts; I think he's more meant to be Egyptian (North African)? Though we don't exactly have the most accurate visual descriptions of what they looked like, nor do we have an actual visual of what human Azir looked like. And also, Kai'Sa is supposed to be the same, even though she has a more typically-seen body build.
> [{quoted}](name=EdgeLady,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FBbpcONk,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-14T02:17:13.174+0000) > > I don't think Azir counts; I think he's more meant to be Egyptian (North African)? Though we don't exactly have the most accurate visual descriptions of what they looked like, nor do we have an actual visual of what human Azir looked like. And also, Kai'Sa is supposed to be the same, even though she has a more typically-seen body build. https://youtu.be/CYyuH1Bp2ZI?t=121 Kai'Sa is... who knows. She looks better in-game but until they fix her godforsaken splash I'm not counting her as anything. Kassadin might not be of Shuriman descent himself so... idk.
: > [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FBbpcONk,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-14T00:39:29.785+0000) > > i.e. coded as being of African descent. That's where you're wrong, there is no Africa in Runeterra.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FBbpcONk,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-14T01:36:37.753+0000) > > That's where you're wrong, there is no Africa in Runeterra. I specifically worded this to avoid you saying that. There's no way to get around real-world inspiration, especially when it comes to picking a character's physical features, and that's what I'm trying to point out. There's a pretty wide array of cultures and ethnicities that Riot draws from, but it took four black male champions - Azir (shown in his teaser), Lucian, Ekko, and Pyke (who's half Shuriman and half Buhru) before Riot decided they were comfortable making a black woman. Compare that to some of Runeterra's ethnicities being introduced by women (Illaoi formally introducing the Buhru, Taliyah shedding light on modern Shurimans, Qiyana introducing the Ixtali people). Which is entirely acceptable if and only if they wanted to avoid accidentally hitting any of the offensive stereotypes I've seen tossed about, but every time they release the occasional generic hottie like Kai'Sa, there is always someone asking "can we have a black woman instead please?" Now we have that. Right as Blizzard introduces a black woman in HotS, too, though Overwatch still does not have one despite frequent requests. (And Qhira looks like Blizz copied notes from Qiyana or vice versa. Even the name.)
: Elderwood Ahri's In-Game Tails Look...Unnatural
Ultimately, part of the problem is how old Ahri's animations are, and that makes her tails *always* look kinda weird. However, adjusting the transparency to the point where it's more like K/DA Ahri would probably be a good idea.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FBbpcONk,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-13T23:44:07.682+0000) > > Ahri just looks like Xayah, lol > Veigar and Nocturne look really nice though, those Veigar chromas are especially pretty. Is League finally adding their first black woman?! {{champion:420}} (maybe {{champion:163}} {{champion:43}})
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FBbpcONk,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-13T23:58:41.756+0000) > > {{champion:420}} (maybe {{champion:163}} {{champion:43}}) All three are women of color, but none is intended to be black. Illaoi is coded as Pacific Islander, Karma as Indian, and Taliyah as Middle Eastern. This is our first black woman champion, i.e. coded as being of African descent.
Liàr (NA)
: Odyssey, Pentakill, and DJ Sona are all the same.
I believe it was Jared/CarnivalKnights who implied that Sona daylights in Pentakill and moonlights as a DJ. These two are linked. Not Odyssey, though.
: pantheon special interactions question
You have to be Zoe or Diana with a Pantheon on the opposing team.
: Isn't new pantheon's voice a little to indian for someone supposed to have it's origin from rome?
: This Halloween and tie in to Cats vs Dogs
So, this'd be fine and all but we're probably not getting Trick or Treat/Bewitching this year. If the pattern holds up, it'll be either a more serious Harrowing skin, i.e. Death Sworn, or a new take on a subset of Halloween, i.e. Zombie Slayer.
Adder (OCE)
: Jax and Rammus are the only champions that species we have no idea about
Meh. Rammus is an armadillo (demi)god. That's clear. It's just Jax and Amumu.
: Is there a compiled list of sheet music for League themes?
I think that's all there is, with the exception of the brass score for Pantheon being sort-of-available via a video EdTheConqueror posted on his Twitter. Well, that's why I've done some arrangements and transcriptions myself. No Pyke yet, but I should probably put him on my to-do list.
: I'm not so sure about moving Annie this way, but that's purely because of how much I enjoy her short story where she goes into the bar and asks for a glass of milk. I understand and can appreciate the analysis of it, but I think it moves too far away from Annie's current character, though that's not to say there's a fair bit of each that a rework could utilize for a more fleshed out character. I'd actually be in favor of this, however, if at health thresholds, Annie did become more like the scared, angry child throwing a tantrum. Maybe not so much visuals, but voicelines showing her agitation/anger, or stuff like that. High health Annie is happy, childlike, but the lower health she goes, the angry and more irritated she becomes. And because I'm an asshole, you could easily rival Nunu's death animation level of sadness. Have us hear her Father's voice calling out for her.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=BmpyrRkv,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-07T02:02:13.054+0000) > > I'm not so sure about moving Annie this way, but that's purely because of how much I enjoy her short story where she goes into the bar and asks for a glass of milk. I understand and can appreciate the analysis of it, but I think it moves too far away from Annie's current character, though that's not to say there's a fair bit of each that a rework could utilize for a more fleshed out character. > > I'd actually be in favor of this, however, if at health thresholds, Annie did become more like the scared, angry child throwing a tantrum. Maybe not so much visuals, but voicelines showing her agitation/anger, or stuff like that. High health Annie is happy, childlike, but the lower health she goes, the angry and more irritated she becomes. > > And because I'm an asshole, you could easily rival Nunu's death animation level of sadness. Have us hear her Father's voice calling out for her. This gives me ideas. Lord help me, I think I'm starting a new project.
: Is the Aspect of War Dead?
So, we kind of have a problem with the aspect being *dead* dead. If it were totally dead, the concept of war would die with it. (Yes, they're mortal. But it takes cosmic warfare to kill a concept...) But war itself did not die, so my current thinking is that the aspect itself was effectively knocked out by taking Aatrox's blow for its host (Atreus of course) and keeping Atreus alive. Pantheon, once a hostile aspect that preferred near-total control over its hosts, is now being reshaped by Atreus, perhaps into a more symbiotic concept. Sharjo's theory is a similar possibility, though.
: What is this job called
Well, the first place to start is probably an English degree, 'cause that's typically what it takes to write champions' stories. But if you're more into the worldbuilding part, like me... Well, I'm majoring in history, but the worldbuilding folks have a wider variety of backgrounds. Geography and anthropology are fields worth checking out for sure, though the idea of majoring in them may be a little weirder. (*makes summoning circle for Bioluminescence, Riot's resident geography and cartography nerd*)
NeverGame (EUW)
: What are the Aspects and how do they work?
People who are aspect hosts can do anything an ordinary human could; they just happen to have godlike powers and a calling to fix things that go wrong with the world. Every single champion who's listed as an aspect is or was merely a human host. The champion names of every aspect host except for Pantheon are still their human names. So Diana, Leona, Taric, and Zoe (I'll elaborate on K/M more in a sec) are *not* the names of the aspects. As you noted, Kayle and Morgana's mother, Mihira, is the actual host to the Aspect of Justice; technically the twins are just the two sides of justice with aspect-like powers between them both. Kayle isn't quite to the point of being an aspect yet and might not even inherit the role from her mom. It just happens to be in her plans. The Aspect of Twilight is a bit of a chaotic jerk and picks unconventional hosts in strange ways - see: Zoe. It's kind of a fickle being that likes breaking the rules; Myisha, who was a previous host to the aspect, may have been picked in a similar manner. Zoe decided to embrace being a host, so after about a thousand years so far, she and Twilight are merged pretty damn well. Twilight seems to like picking tricksy young girls, and changes its hosts' appearances somewhat (it's not the only aspect that does this), hence why Zoe and Myisha look largely the same. As for the memory thing, well, Zoe's essentially merged with a god that remembers everything that its hosts did. She has memories that aren't hers, but Myisha's or other hosts'. We had a pretty good idea of what the Aspect of War was like before he and Atreus got reworked and moved forward in the timeline. Pantheon, the Aspect of War, is an asshole who likes to completely take over its hosts and forcibly reshape them to its will. That's what old Pantheon was - Atreus's body and Pantheon's will. Perhaps a previous host who suited Pantheon's needs already would have been more quickly chosen - for instance, the golden-armored warrior queen who helped take down the darkin (was this Zeonia?). _And then Pantheon got KO'd and/or died._ We can assume that Pantheon took the hit for Atreus, using the last of its power to prevent its host from dying. Atreus is now in control of the aspect and reshaping it to *his* will.
Febos (EUW)
: Again, if you're going to correct someone, do it right. > [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=nJ8cEBxr,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-27T17:51:58.573+0000) > > Nocturne's short bio Nocturnes Biography, the one I linked above, is the most **recent** lore piece about him. You can clearly see the contradiction in his short bio: > After freeing itself from the spirit realm Versus > Trapped in the spirit realm > Nocturne found a way to manifest itself into the waking world. Nocturne isn't free from the spirit realm. He's still very much attached to it. In essence, the short-bio isn't canon. Likewise, Shaco's short-bio is the most recent story about him, making his Biography not canon. *** > [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=nJ8cEBxr,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-27T17:51:58.573+0000) > > Tahm Kench: "The waterways of Valoran are old, but far older still is the demon Tahm Kench." Well, he's older than the continent's current geological state. I suppose that says something. The use of the word "waterway" instead of "river" wasn't random. They are alluding to the fact that Tahm has existed before humans, but you don't know how far back he goes. Unlike him, Evelynn is said to have existed since eons ago. *** > [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=nJ8cEBxr,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-27T17:51:58.573+0000) > > I'm working on pulling the exact tweet or boards comment, but I'm quite sure Scathlocke confirmed that they're not based on sins. I never said they are based on sins. I said, and quote: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=nJ8cEBxr,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-27T17:24:09.954+0000) > > A popular theory is that they represent the 7 deadly sins. I don't pick my words at random either. I said "popular theory" as in "a theory accepted by the general public". Besides, I'll let you in on a little "secret": [God-King Garen](https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Garen/Quotes). - Towards Evelynn - ["Demon of lust, your profane desires end now!"](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/2/2a/Garen_God-King230.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20180617130617) - Towards Tahm Kench - ["Demon of excess, no dread bargain shall ever tempt my people!"](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/5/5b/Garen_God-King075.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20180617125919) God-King Garen was released last year (2018-06-27). Those comments from Riot are two years old (2017-10-03). Take what you will from that.
> I never said they are based on sins. I said, and quote: > > I don't pick my words at random either. I said "popular theory" as in "a theory accepted by the general public". Besides, I'll let you in on a little "secret": [God-King Garen](https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Garen/Quotes). > > - Towards Evelynn - ["Demon of lust, your profane desires end now!"](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/2/2a/Garen_God-King230.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20180617130617) > > - Towards Tahm Kench - ["Demon of excess, no dread bargain shall ever tempt my people!"](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/5/5b/Garen_God-King075.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20180617125919) > > God-King Garen was released last year (2018-06-27). Those comments from Riot are two years old (2017-10-03). Take what you will from that. ... mfw skin lore
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=nJ8cEBxr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-27T16:43:27.326+0000) > > The proper demons (Evelynn, Tahm Kench, Nocturne) are primordial. If you're going to correct someone, do it right: - [Evelynn lore](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/champion/evelynn/). "She began eons ago, as something primordial, shapeless, and barely sentient." - [Tahm Kench lore](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/champion/tahmkench/) Nothing is said about his origin - [Nocturne lore](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/champion/nocturne/) "No one can say for certain whether all this suffering created Nocturne from nothing, or if it merely corrupted a lesser assassin-construct into something more willful and deadly, but the shadowy creature that resulted ..." Only Evelynn is described as a primordial being. We don't know for sure if all demons can be created, like Nocturne, or have always existed, like Evelynn. Also, those "demons" don't have much in common. A popular theory is that they represent the 7 deadly sins. Evelynn being Lust, Tahm Greed and Gluttony, Nocture likely Wrath. Also, let me remind you of a 4th "demon": Shaco. It's literally in his title, albeit Shaco shares even less with the other demons. Finally, if Shaco is to remain categorically a demon, then his new origin story\* pretty much confirms that demons can be made. ######\*Assuming his new story is what sticks when his rework happens.
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=nJ8cEBxr,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-27T17:24:09.954+0000) > > If you're going to correct someone, do it right... Well, if you're gonna do that... Nocturne's short bio: "A demonic amalgamation drawn from the nightmares that haunt every sentient mind, the thing known as Nocturne has become a primordial force of pure terror. ... After freeing itself from the spirit realm, Nocturne now continually descends upon the waking world, to feed on the kind of fear that can only thrive in true darkness." Nothing to see here; he was surely in the spirit realm for a much longer time. Tahm Kench: "The waterways of Valoran are old, but far older still is the demon Tahm Kench." Well, he's older than the continent's current geological state. I suppose that says something. Shaco's as deep in lore limbo as Fiddlesticks and he can't even be considered to exist in Runeterra at present. I'm working on pulling the exact tweet or boards comment, but I'm quite sure Scathlocke confirmed that they're not based on sins. Just a popular fan theory, like the darkin being the four horsemen (also not a thing). EDIT: IT WAS ODIN https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/xtipuNor?comment=0001 EDIT 2: Nocturne's status was unclear until he was updated more recently/featured in Lux's story https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/MVjAEG9W?comment=000000010000000000030000
Legacian (NA)
: Fiddlesticks Direction
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. The proper demons (Evelynn, Tahm Kench, Nocturne) are primordial. An animated scarecrow would belong in a different category.
Bevdog101 (OCE)
: Afterlife in lol
Morde's realm reminds me more of the Greek Asphodel and I typically refer to it as such. I would think there are varying afterlives based on beliefs... I think it was Scathlocke who hinted that that might be the case. Certainly a concept worth entertaining; perhaps the people of Lokfar have a sort of Valhalla, and the Buhru go to a place where they prepare to be reborn, for instance.
: Characters with sad origins
{{champion:133}}'s twin brother was gored to death and she herself was severely injured in the same accident.
Zeanix (OCE)
: PROJECT 2019 Login Theme feels... rushed?
There's several references in here, the most prominent being to Pyke and Warwick (listen to the beginning). I can hear some slight callbacks to Jinx and Akali as well. It's at least a little better-crafted than you give it credit for.
TyraVora (NA)
: PROJECT: Akali
Same artist (Atey Ghailan) also did Transcended Kayle.
: Some Pantheon Questions For Riot
Welp, I'm here to provide a serious comment cause the first guy's probably 12 and here to trumpet his useless opinion. Excited to hear the answers to this question. While Atreus is currently very fleshed out, I can see Riot giving Pantheon a new host for sure. They're going to have to give him a homage to bakerdom somewhere, probably in a single special VO line for Baker Panth.
Nekorus (NA)
: well reworks are a nightmare for me because I lost 3 champions because of it. Nunu,Aatrox and mordekaiser i used to play the old versions of. I got perm banned twice for toxicity so dont try to frame me in my match history of never playing these champs. Old nunu was such a hillarious champion for me and i even got a penta as him when i was full ap camping a bush. I love instantly losing my team the game because i chose to go full tank jg old nunu. But now people just abuse him for freelo. Old mordekaiser was such a raidboss when i play him because of his HUGE 1v2 outplay potential once u got lvl 6 when the jg decided to gank you in the top lane. You just press w to heal and spam e to get shields and q because of the big BONK but now hes just a 1v1 champ. Old aatrox was a champion that whenever i fought against, I always destroyed him until he got his mid to late powerspike and just DESTROYED everyone. Tbh after spam pinging thornmail to my tank we can finally beat him and won the game but i love playing him and i miss it. People complained how hes such a op drain tank but we have rhaast in the game. The most saddest part is that he was popular in pro play RIGHT before his rework. Players begged to get him reverted but riot just looked away. Hope this makes you think about your perspective on reworks a little bit.
> [{quoted}](name=Nekorus,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=s53aQXA7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-17T02:13:50.080+0000) > > well reworks are a nightmare for me because I lost 3 champions because of it. Nunu,Aatrox and mordekaiser i used to play the old versions of. I got perm banned twice for toxicity so dont try to frame me in my match history of never playing these champs. Nobody cares about your sob story shit. Literally nobody. Especially not OP. Funny how people who get all salty about reworks are the ones who tend to get permabanned.
: Revisiting this here after seeing the new bio for Vi and seeing the interaction with Project Pyke, again confirming that Vi and Jinx are sister. You are most likely right, Warwick probably killed Jinx' and Vi's parents, which made Jinx snap and blow up the building. I will write a complete analysis about all this soon.
> [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ZiT3Ik6q,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-07-16T20:53:04.430+0000) > > Revisiting this here after seeing the new bio for Vi and seeing the interaction with Project Pyke, again confirming that Vi and Jinx are sister. You are most likely right, Warwick probably killed Jinx' and Vi's parents, which made Jinx snap and blow up the building. I will write a complete analysis about all this soon. Vi's bio was updated. Vi and Jinx are sisters in PROJECT, yes... but they would have to have been separated in infancy to make it work in main canon, thus completely killing my theory about their relationship with Warwick even if they are sisters. Maybe someday...
: ↑ only notes you ever needed
> [{quoted}](name=DGAGAAsharpAGD,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Abxn6JkW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-15T17:11:20.799+0000) > > ↑ only notes you ever need For those without enough musical knowledge to interpret this: Well, _someone's_ a Yasuo main...
EdgeLady (NA)
: Let's talk about the big armored Demacian in the room
darkdill (NA)
: Is that Paul Nakauchi voicing the new Lee Sin VO?
It's Feodor Chin, the voice of Zenyatta. He posted about it on Instagram.
: For the Next Odyssey Can We Ship Jinx & Kayn? Since she has a crush on him anyways
Kayn was supposed to have some really creepy lines toward Jinx. Stuff about taking her as a concubine. I'm gonna give this ship a hard yikes.
EdgeLady (NA)
: @Riot, will we be getting Battle Boss Qiyana lore next patch or soon?
I could've sworn there was lore for her on the PBE. I recall her being an NPC who went rogue.
: Varus and Miss Fortune were said to be HIGHEST PRIORITY for a VO Updates and then Lee Sin get's one
Copypasting. Vic Mignogna, Lee and Malz's voice actor, has been under fire for a while over sexual harassment allegations, and has effectively been blacklisted from the industry. While it's not clear whether he actually is a serial creep, Riot is trying to backpedal on their own past BS and probably got new VO for Lee (if not Malz as well) going the moment the accusations happened. As a side note, yes, MF got a VO update recorded with GGMF, but feedback was mixed or negative enough that it was not implemented. Considering that she fills both the shoes of a scheming seductress (pretending she's a helpless damsel on at least one occasion to get rid of rivals) and a vengeful and downright badass pirate queen, I can imagine that it's hard to strike a balance that as many people as possible will like.
: Can we get a high tech support?
Braum was originally concepted as a hextech shield-wielder from Piltover, named CeeCee. Just a fun fact.
NY64 (NA)
: Is Swain a Dictator of Noxus or does he share his ruling with someone else?
If you read just a _little_ more of the lore, you'd know already that he shares power with Darius and "the Faceless" (ok it's probably LeBlanc).
: I'm not active on social media and have no desire to be, especially not for the purpose of finding shit out about my favorite VA that I'd rather not know. That's like being the one to find a dead body. I'd rather hear it from someone else, which is why I asked instead of looking it up myself.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=iLrBGuga,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-04T23:02:02.439+0000) > > I'm not active on social media and have no desire to be, especially not for the purpose of finding shit out about my favorite VA that I'd rather not know. That's like being the one to find a dead body. I'd rather hear it from someone else, which is why I asked instead of looking it up myself. I'll put it this way. Riot had him come back to voice Dark Star Jhin. I don't think anything is going on.
Show more

KestrelGirl

Level 99 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion