Quepha (NA)
: What's the Bramble nerf? I'm very excited.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mJgT3xJV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-23T01:22:22.350+0000) > > What's the Bramble nerf? I'm very excited. instead of 15 flat dmg it's 10% of your bonus armor
: So Bramble vest is becoming completely impossible to rush next patch
Idk honestly, I don't think the nerf will make any difference. The grievous wounds is still there. The tanks will still take like 0 damage from fighters in trades. So why does it matter if the thorns deals like 30-50 less damage in a trade? That's assuming 3-5 autos and the tank has absolutely no other bonus armor. Like it doesn't matter at all.
: Predictive Tier List for Patch 7.23
Some of it seems spot on, but some of it seems theorycrafty with no real basis like Kassadin... Presence of Mind isn't even part of his highest winrate page. He takes Triumph, which makes a lot more sense because that heal after a kill will help him survive better and snowball a teamfight. The health is more of a problem than mana once he's at late game and looking to teamfight. His overall winrate dropped pretty steeply this patch anyway though.
Rioter Comments
Weedbro (NA)
: Thoughts on Future's Market?
It's really smart to use it when it makes the difference in getting a power spike. It's really stupid to use it on random component items.
: > [{quoted}](name=Khristophoros,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=87EBXzc2,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-11-22T19:38:49.879+0000) > > In my experience if you have a teammate who is intent on flaming you the game is pretty much over. It doesn't matter what you do or say. That player has lost focus on the game and won't make smart decisions. Instead he will constantly hit tab and look at your items and ping them or ? ping you, or ping your champ, etc... > > Coming back from behind is a matter of patience and discipline, and a little bit of luck because your team has to not get run over while you catch up. But this is unlikely in a game when your team or even just a single teammate has turned their focus from playing the game to flaming you. > > Team morale is really important. Although it sucks to do so because you miss out on potentially useful pings.. once they start doing that and it becomes annoying enough, at least you've the choice to mute their pings.
> [{quoted}](name=NoobLearninGame,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=87EBXzc2,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-11-22T20:40:57.456+0000) > > Although it sucks to do so because you miss out on potentially useful pings.. once they start doing that and it becomes annoying enough, at least you've the choice to mute their pings. It doesn't really matter if you can mute them or not. The problem is this type of player throws any chance of a comeback by focusing on flaming.
AR URF (NA)
: What's the best thing you can do when you feed?
In my experience if you have a teammate who is intent on flaming you the game is pretty much over. It doesn't matter what you do or say. That player has lost focus on the game and won't make smart decisions. Instead he will constantly hit tab and look at your items and ping them or ? ping you, or ping your champ, etc... Coming back from behind is a matter of patience and discipline, and a little bit of luck because your team has to not get run over while you catch up. But this is unlikely in a game when your team or even just a single teammate has turned their focus from playing the game to flaming you. Team morale is really important.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Khristophoros,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0xnzE59W,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-22T19:15:55.972+0000) > > then you remember that there are 6 minions per wave so the 1/3 doesn't look so bad anymore. > > now the new version can guarantee healing if you drop it on every cannon wave, but it's only 1 target and it's every 3 waves until 20 min. Now it requires skills to gain healing and not a free healing everytime I guess. Seems like rewarding for skilled players. More like a love tap and it will basically be almost no change on how you play her.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0xnzE59W,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-22T19:17:20.839+0000) > > Now it requires skills to gain healing and not a free healing everytime I guess. Seems like rewarding for skilled players. More like a love tap and it will basically be almost no change on how you play her. That's true but more importantly it requires a shift in strategy from the traditional passive playstyle Morg has traditionally had in solo lanes. I think that makes it questionable whether she will be viable or consistent, even in skilled hands, because the shift in strategy is so big. It might be good or it might not. But I think the thing we can be certain of is it will be good for support morg because it fits the existing strategy she uses as a support.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Khristophoros,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0xnzE59W,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-11-22T02:01:50.601+0000) > > so that means you have to land Q when you want to heal. it will be far less overall sustain in lane. currently she can just cast W on each minion wave for guaranteed healing with no counterplay. that's why she has a dominant passive laning style. they're gutting that. The healing was AOE so it was 1/3 effectiveness anyway
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0xnzE59W,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-22T02:17:39.228+0000) > > The healing was AOE so it was 1/3 effectiveness anyway then you remember that there are 6 minions per wave so the 1/3 doesn't look so bad anymore. now the new version can guarantee healing if you drop it on every cannon wave, but it's only 1 target and it's every 3 waves until 20 min.
PB4UAME (NA)
: Nice fucking strawman, -1. GTFO with comments like this. They provide literally nothing and are intellectually bankrupt.
> [{quoted}](name=PB4UAME,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XsmFmGoq,comment-id=00010000000100000001,timestamp=2017-11-22T03:03:34.115+0000) > > Nice fucking strawman, -1. GTFO with comments like this. They provide literally nothing and are intellectually bankrupt. I'm saying that without any ranged or mobility you have 0 options. Go ahead and prove me wrong though.
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Khristophoros,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0xnzE59W,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-22T01:17:05.317+0000) > > No, her lane sustain is going way down because she can't get it from regular minions anymore. That's a huge nerf to solo lane morg. Just damage enemy champ and she heals for more because it was changed from spell vamp to damage dealt. Overall it is a massive heal all game.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0xnzE59W,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-11-22T01:31:05.620+0000) > > Just damage enemy champ and she heals for more because it was changed from spell vamp to damage dealt. Overall it is a massive heal all game. so that means you have to land Q when you want to heal. it will be far less overall sustain in lane. currently she can just cast W on each minion wave for guaranteed healing with no counterplay. that's why she has a dominant passive laning style. they're gutting that.
: With Morgana's changes, will she be considered a battlemage after next patch?
No, her lane sustain is going way down because she can't get it from regular minions anymore. That's a huge nerf to solo lane morg.
dzopilant (EUW)
: A very interesting comparison. I definitely prefer Arcane comet over Aery for Teemo. (and it is not because we must mention it as often as we can ^^) With a build boosting especially his muschrooms, the slow makes arcane comet touch most of the time (i am often around 85% hit rate) and improve definitely their efficiency both for teamfights and against tower dives or siege. (Also, its pretty fun to DOT the sup and see the ADC gets hit too by the comet 2 s later ^^) Dzopilant (because laugh can save the world)
> [{quoted}](name=dzopilant,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ar8KwAno,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-21T19:53:55.795+0000) > > A very interesting comparison. > > I definitely prefer Arcane comet over Aery for Teemo. (and it is not because we must mention it as often as we can ^^) > > With a build boosting especially his muschrooms, the slow makes arcane comet touch most of the time (i am often around 85% hit rate) and improve definitely their efficiency both for teamfights and against tower dives or siege. (Also, its pretty fun to DOT the sup and see the ADC gets hit too by the comet 2 s later ^^) > > Dzopilant (because laugh can save the world) I think a Teemo build that relies heavily on mushrooms is a mistake. It's too easy for a team to use sweepers to go clear out high priority areas.
: And his fucking insane MS from stances and items....
> [{quoted}](name=Lucky Moniker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XsmFmGoq,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-11-21T16:50:40.285+0000) > > And his fucking insane MS from stances and items.... Like I said, _items_.
: > [{quoted}](name=Khristophoros,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XsmFmGoq,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-11-21T13:19:02.546+0000) > > This is spot on. > > He's a melee champion with no dash or ranged ability. He relies 100% on items and natural tankiness to make up for this. That's why his design is trash and he struggles to be viable every season. The logic of every fucking champ needing a dash or ranged ability is what's fucking wrong with LoL already. They should be removing mobility, not adding more of it. Give the SoB the ability to rank 6 shit and he'd be fine.
> [{quoted}](name=The Bad Touch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XsmFmGoq,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2017-11-21T21:34:52.505+0000) > > The logic of every fucking champ needing a dash or ranged ability is what's fucking wrong with LoL already. > > They should be removing mobility, not adding more of it. > > Give the SoB the ability to rank 6 shit and he'd be fine. So every champ should just be udyr and have 0 options besides RUN AT TARGET? lmao sounds like a great game.
: it is when its 1 person doing all the playing in the right setup. the E max is abusing its still relatively high base damage and comboing with lich bane picking on squishy champions. give it a couple of days and that WR is going to plummet. # if you actually read gg stats you would know the 78% build levels his E before his W. namely his dash/knockup, not his w. his w is still his last leveled ability.
> [{quoted}](name=CrestKnight,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bm5msEcU,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-21T14:48:10.432+0000) > # if you actually read gg stats you would know the 78% build levels his E before his W. namely his dash/knockup, not his w. his w is still his last leveled ability. I see yeah. Well it's still a million times better than delaying W's second rank for level 14.
: it is when its 1 person doing all the playing in the right setup. the E max is abusing its still relatively high base damage and comboing with lich bane picking on squishy champions. give it a couple of days and that WR is going to plummet. # if you actually read gg stats you would know the 78% build levels his E before his W. namely his dash/knockup, not his w. his w is still his last leveled ability.
> [{quoted}](name=CrestKnight,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bm5msEcU,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-21T14:48:10.432+0000) > > it is when its 1 person doing all the playing in the right setup. > > the E max is abusing its still relatively high base damage and comboing with lich bane picking on squishy champions. give it a couple of days and that WR is going to plummet. It's been over 300 games, that winrate isn't going anywhere. Even if it's 1 guy, it doesn't matter. If one player has that winrate on a champ after that many games he's going to be destroying high mmr as a feared and well known OTP. 300+ games at a 78% winrate? That's absurd regardless of how many players are actually behind it.
: low sample size, dedicated counter scenario. there were days when sejuani had 100% win rates and 0% win rates.
> [{quoted}](name=CrestKnight,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bm5msEcU,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-21T14:43:26.511+0000) > > low sample size, dedicated counter scenario. > > there were days when sejuani had 100% win rates and 0% win rates. 300+ games is not low enough to write it off. If a single player had 78% after that many games it would only be logical to conclude that that's a very good player. And how do you conclude that it must be only as a dedicated counter? His W just owns in general.
EkyonKun (NA)
: You're using Champion.gg, a notoriously inaccurate website. Here's a better look at Galio's skill order http://na.op.gg/champion/galio/statistics/mid You'll notice less insane numbers here.
> [{quoted}](name=EkyonKun,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bm5msEcU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-21T14:33:43.574+0000) > > You're using Champion.gg, a notoriously inaccurate website. Here's a better look at Galio's skill order > > http://na.op.gg/champion/galio/statistics/mid > > You'll notice less insane numbers here. This does not have a winrate for leveling W before E that's why it's got a lower winrate. W before E is better. You would realize this if you understood how additive damage reduction scaling works.
: In lower elo, how much is a support's ability to carry games based on the competency of the adc?
It's not about your ADC. Your whole team is going to have bad players. The benefits you would expect to get from support items like Redemption are tuned around teams playing more optimally and organized. Pick either a mage support or an enchanter, get the AP/ward item and stack more AP.
Rioter Comments
Nymzo (NA)
: No, Udyr's issue is his lack of options in battle (not for splitpush). Pop Quiz: An enemy Udyr is running at you, will he... A. Run at you and use his stances B. Run at you and use his stances C. Run at you and use his stances D. Run at you and use his stances
> [{quoted}](name=Nymzo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XsmFmGoq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-21T12:14:37.082+0000) > > No, Udyr's issue is his lack of options in battle (not for splitpush). > > Pop Quiz: An enemy Udyr is running at you, will he... > > A. Run at you and use his stances > B. Run at you and use his stances > C. Run at you and use his stances > D. Run at you and use his stances This is spot on. He's a melee champion with no dash or ranged ability. He relies 100% on items and natural tankiness to make up for this. That's why his design is trash and he struggles to be viable every season.
Iy master (EUW)
: Why is ezreal sooo popular?
Let's not forget they buffed his Q scaling from 110% to 120%... He wasn't being picked as an ADC because of the meta so they gave him an totally unnecessary buff, and now along with his synergy with new runes, he has gained a lot more than most champions. It's not only Kleptomancy. He can use several other keystones and the runes in general give him a lot of tools.
: hes effectively worse in the mid lane than old ap galio. you would know this if you played him both before and after the rework. there is nothing you can do to current base galios kit without making him feast/famine. hes either going to 1hko with 1 rotation of abilities or he wont. there is no in between for him.
> [{quoted}](name=CrestKnight,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bm5msEcU,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-21T13:03:20.185+0000) > > hes effectively worse in the mid lane than old ap galio. you would know this if you played him both before and after the rework. > > there is nothing you can do to current base galios kit without making him feast/famine. hes either going to 1hko with 1 rotation of abilities or he wont. there is no in between for him. With the correct skill order he has a 78% winrate and that sample size is over 300 games in plat+. That's actually insane. It's insane to believe he's not currently strong with that skill order. If you're talking about before the rework, yes I did play him. His mana costs were way too high. I thought his kit would have been fine if they reduced his mana costs but I think they just wanted to delete him instead, that's why they never buffed him or addressed his mana costs.
: > [{quoted}](name=Khristophoros,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qhBJTmUH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-21T12:25:16.090+0000) > > I don't think I want to read that entire post because you're assuming they made it harder to gain MMR just because it's now hidden? It's the same as before. > > The real reason they created the LP system and hid MMR was because 50% or more of the playerbase is in negative MMR (by that I mean below the starting MMR) so they significantly reduced complaints and made players feel less terrible about their rank by hiding the fact that by playing you're just making your MMR worse. This is the case for at least half of the players. > > Imagine if you play a lot of games and just see your MMR drop, and drop, and drop, and by the end of the season you feel like you wasted your time. You would have ended up at a higher MMR by not playing. That was how the old system made people feel. > > The new system is _THE SAME THING_ except it hides that, keeping most players blissfully ignorant of the truth. "i dont think i want to read" but ud comment anyway not knowing lol, i stopped reading when u said i dont think i want to read that....since u have no context then w/eu said is irrelevant and off your assumptions, sry mate if u dont wanna read then boards aint the place for u
> [{quoted}](name=Get Rekkkt,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qhBJTmUH,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-11-21T12:38:24.501+0000) > > "i dont think i want to read" > > but ud comment anyway not knowing lol, i stopped reading when u said i dont think i want to read that....since u have no context then w/eu said is irrelevant and off your assumptions, sry mate if u dont wanna read then boards aint the place for u The whole post is the incoherent ramblings of a bronze 5 player and I read like 3 paragraphs before I decided it's garbage. I gave it a fair chance.
: Best read so far on why matchmaking is garbage
I don't think I want to read that entire post because you're assuming they made it harder to gain MMR just because it's now hidden? It's the same as before. The real reason they created the LP system and hid MMR was because 50% or more of the playerbase is in negative MMR (by that I mean below the starting MMR) so they significantly reduced complaints and made players feel less terrible about their rank by hiding the fact that by playing you're just making your MMR worse. This is the case for at least half of the players. Imagine if you play a lot of games and just see your MMR drop, and drop, and drop, and by the end of the season you feel like you wasted your time. You would have ended up at a higher MMR by not playing. That was how the old system made people feel. The new system is _THE SAME THING_ except it hides that, keeping most players blissfully ignorant of the truth.
: or ya know, give him an ultimate he can use in lane. because the only champions who are balanced without in lane ultimates are {{champion:126}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:60}} and look how they've all been.
> [{quoted}](name=CrestKnight,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bm5msEcU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-21T12:00:26.023+0000) > > or ya know, give him an ultimate he can use in lane. > > because the only champions who are balanced without in lane ultimates are {{champion:126}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:60}} and look how they've all been. Galio is already strong if you actually level W before E. His ult is already one of the best ults in the game if your team has any teamwork. He's still going to be seen as bad by players after this, but then when the season starts up pros will abuse him and people will see that they were wrong about Galio, _yet again._
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Khristophoros,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVvp6KrK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-21T11:14:41.879+0000) > > maybe they could just remove those stats entirely. it would tone down the hyper-damage problem. i think a little bit of stat customization at lvl 1 is nice. its not all damage. you can gain a lot of health off resolve and even more off inspiration/resolve. but it would be nice if you could chose your stats a little more freely. like i might want to go for phase rush as my keystone and still get health over ad at lvl 1. some champions like {{champion:75}} almost entirely lost their ability to start the game with cdr. your only source for lvl 1 cdr is the inspiration rune. i remember i had a 10% cdr rune page for nasus +5% from masteries for 15% cdr lvl 1.
I agree but I'd prefer that level 1 itemization would have that job. Currently there are almost no choices in the level 1 itemization. It needs a huge overhaul.
: maybe we shouldnt bind stat increases to certain rune pathes.
maybe they could just remove those stats entirely. it would tone down the hyper-damage problem.
Zexvain (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=magewick,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TQq9q96h,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-21T05:46:53.499+0000) > > Much rather mmr puts smurfs against master players than against new players. My winrate on draft pick is like 60%. It's not something that's like "holy shit" so I don't get why I'm playing against him, I also checked to see if he duo's with anyone on his team, and he doesn't, so. What the hell.
> [{quoted}](name=Zexvain,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TQq9q96h,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-11-21T05:50:37.551+0000) > > My winrate on draft pick is like 60%. It's not something that's like "holy shit" so I don't get why I'm playing against him, I also checked to see if he duo's with anyone on his team, and he doesn't, so. What the hell. a lot of diamond+ players don't tryhard in normals so they don't necessarily have their "true mmr" in normals. also if you are on a smurf and your mmr got inflated by smurf detection early on them your mmr is inflated higher than what you'd get from the same winrate on your main account, simply because when you first started playing on your main, you probably didn't crush games as hard.
Zexvain (NA)
: Apparently I can't play on a smurf account without having a 42/8 Master Elo player on the otherteam
If it detected that you're a smurf and puts you against other smurfs, _it's working as intended_.
Ekitaih (NA)
: Discussion on 7.23 and spectating.
It will not cause lag for the player. Spectator mode receives information from the game server, not from the player who you are spectating. Not even considering the lag it could cause if the player's game client had to stream the game, the biggest reason for this is because it would be unreliable since it would have to deal with the player's network setup in order to send data to the spectators. The player's home network is an unknown variable to Riot so it would take a large effort to make this work, and it would still be unreliable compared to having spectators connect to the game server. Also, the game server brokers the game state to the players in the game, so logically it follows that it should also broker the game state to spectators too.
: Do you have a Unity Cloud Account?
> [{quoted}](name=Wicked FlamezZ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EF4ysLsb,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-21T04:44:18.811+0000) > > Do you have a Unity Cloud Account? Nope I haven't done anything with Unity. That reminds me though. Riot developed their own game engine from scratch when they were a tiny startup, so they're not exactly working with the best foundation now. They probably didn't want to pay royalties. I'd guess that the API their engine provides to the Lua scripts is not as fully featured as what you have access to in Unity. Like they probably can't do something in a systematic way to make animations link elegantly to hitboxes, they'd have to overhaul part of their engine.
Pika310 (NA)
: Pre-4.13 Sona had cooldowns she needed to manage and soft-cooldowns which required contemplation. "Does my team need damage, durability or mobility right now?" Patch 4.13 **REMOVED** this decision-making from her kit. While most of Sona's power was removed (which is a different matter,) Sona's remaining numbers were placed into temporary single-use effects. * Pre-4.13 Sona had to decide,"What stance does my team need RIGHT NOW? If I swap stances, will I need to swap back? Is my ability off cooldown to swap again if need be? Can I afford waiting through the soft cooldown to swap?" * Whereas post-4.13 Sona became,"Is my spell off cooldown? Can I utilize it? If yes to both, cast it." * Patch 6.14 removed even **MORE** decision-making from Sona's kit. Current Sona is "cast every ability as it comes off cooldown." What could possibly be more braindead than that? No. OG had the highest level of decision-making of her 3 kits. This was plainly seen when watching say a bronze play Sona, randomly casting spells and being frustrated whenever the stance they want is on cooldown. Versus a pro like Aphromoo, using blue stances for his team's initial teamfight burst, buffing everyone's ults; swapping to green stance precisely as a big spell comes in for its bonus armor/MR (doubled for the target healed); and of course using purple stance during roaming, chasing and disengaging. NONE of these decisions were seen in Fearless' Sona rework and they definitely aren't seen in RicklessAbandon's Sona, the current Sona.
This is a bullshit post. Everyone knew Sona was braindead in seasons 1 and 2. Then a bunch of noobs in Season 3 and 4 suddenly think they're experts and according to them, simply having cooldowns is enough to have a reasonable skillcap. What a joke. Let me tell you something crazy. Every champion has cooldowns.
: Even without network issues, if you go into the files and physically look at the hitboxes, they are un-real. The most rediculous I have seen is blitz Q. The circle that "grabs" you around the hand, is not only the entire hand but like I said around 25% larger meaning the hand can completly miss you and still get you because the hand's hitbox is way larger than the hand and most champions hitbox is larger than them. That's not due to lag. Thats basically aim assist if it were a thing in MOBAs. As for the frames example, idk why it isnt updating damage each frame until my ability finishes. It is an aoe spin. When you get your head chopped off shouldn't matter. especially in the screen shot where she was literally inside the entire thing. That's more than 1 frame of my animation to be that deep in my Q. Also, thats still an animation issue. If mid-way through my animation there is an imaginary timer that says, "your axe is no longer an axe" that is an issue. When the game stops tracking damage, my animation needs to end. There is no reason except for bugs for my animation to still be playing when the ability is not being active. To me that's simply lazy. The code controlling the damage application should be link to the code controlling the animation so that this doesn't happen. That's exactly how I avoid this issue when I do it. I access my animation's properties in my script controlling the attack that causes the animation so that as soon as the game is no longer using that ability, the animation ends. The other things like blit'z Q, darius E and threshs Q snapping onto miniona but missing champs is just lazy hitboxes.
Can you link the game you developed for reference?
Swarovsko (EUW)
: Can someone explain to me why Sona was reworked?
Actually it was because she was braindead as fuck to play. https://i.imgur.com/SrTtLN4.png Now she's a little less braindead to play, yay.
: aery is getting nerfed .. while demolish/dark harvest not ..
There are an unreal number of Teemo mains on his board. Anyway, everyone is circlejerking the fuck out of Aery and everyone thinks Dark Harvest sucks, so why are you surprised? This is what the people want. Riot is giving them what they want.
: Kass ult cd at level 16 is 2 seconds. If he has 40% cdr it goes to 1.2seconds. Ultimate hat can get you to a max of 52% cdr if i remember correctly due to it stacking multiplied not additiv. This would bring him to a cd of 0,96 seconds. 1,2->0,96 is not that much of a difference.
you are right. it's multiplicative 49% if you have 40% CDR 53.25% if you have 45% CDR
: Riot's hitboxes need to be fixed
It's actually very hard. Network latency makes the accuracy inconsistent and while there are some ways to hide it, none of them are perfect, they all have their drawbacks. Also you can easily take a screenshot like that because the enemy can walk into the area of effect after the hit frame but before the visual effects have ended. Maybe what they should do is make the hit frame more visually distinct so you can see whether the target was in the area at the moment that the skill struck. They could also make moves like this have longer active frames, but only hit each target once. There is no precedent for that in the game though so I don't think they'd do it.
: WEST COAST NEEDS A NEW SERVER
If LoL accounts were not region specific this would be a good idea. But as it is now, I'd rather only need 1 account to play with my friends who are scattered around the country. Ideally they'd let us use the same account on every region and split US into two servers but that seems like a pipe dream.
: Riot, stacking the same item over and over again is not compelling gameplay
Downvoted because there's already a topic and a redpost in that topic.
: Pretty sure the level capsules are rolled when you get them, not when you open them. Same as Overwatch lootboxes
> [{quoted}](name=The Wolf King,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MzQt3dg6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-14T22:18:38.131+0000) > > Pretty sure the level capsules are rolled when you get them, not when you open them. Same as Overwatch lootboxes I'll test that theory. I mean, there's no reason to open them anyway. That's kinda the point here.
Rioter Comments
Quepha (NA)
: And I'm sure it's currently impossible to swap your secondary tree to resolve for bonus armor and sustain.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B6uhsA0V,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2017-11-14T20:11:14.945+0000) > > And I'm sure it's currently impossible to swap your secondary tree to resolve for bonus armor and sustain. Iron Skin is worthless. Are you being serious?
Quepha (NA)
: Because a lot of them were taking health over armor in their runes? If you want to opt in to armor at the expense of other benefits, then the resolve tree exists.
> [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B6uhsA0V,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-11-14T20:00:06.333+0000) > > Because a lot of them were taking health over armor in their runes? > > If you want to opt in to armor at the expense of other benefits, then the resolve tree exists. Yeah dude I'm sure people took HP runes when the enemy laner picked Jayce. I'm sure nobody had a secondary runepage with armor seals. That would just be dumb, right?
: Can we get a response as to why Mages weren't given any Armor?
They also didn't give anyone MR so it seems like they want people in mid lane to blow each other up and they want ADCs to farm and have wet noodle fights, except they just get blown the fuck up by supports anyway so lol
: So in other words your example of people being able to get Morde's ult is not a result of spaghetti code because you can't actually observe what Riot developers have written. Also that theoretically spaghetti code functions just as well as any other code, just that it suffers in human readability (and in turn it is the coders that cause bugs, not the fact it's spaghetti code)
> [{quoted}](name=TeCoolMage,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E23QiRqP,comment-id=0002000000010000000100000000,timestamp=2017-11-14T12:43:29.022+0000) > > So in other words your example of people being able to get Morde's ult is not a result of spaghetti code because you can't actually observe what Riot developers have written. > > Also that theoretically spaghetti code functions just as well as any other code, just that it suffers in human readability (and in turn it is the coders that cause bugs, not the fact it's spaghetti code) It is _most likely_ caused by spaghetti code in my opinion due to how fucked up and incomprehensible it is. In reality it doesn't function very well because when it needs to be updated bugs will be introduced.
: > [{quoted}](name=Khristophoros,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E23QiRqP,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2017-11-14T01:13:50.780+0000) > > Lol no... > > if(condition A) > { > //do thing > } > > if(condition B) > { > //do thing > } > > is NOT spaghetti code. It's very easy to understand why it happens. > > spaghetti code is stuff like people having their ult switched to morde ult I would hope riots coders would be intelligent enough to write if(condition A || condition B){ //do thing } Unless the behavior is intended which it doesn't sound like
> [{quoted}](name=Violet Raven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E23QiRqP,comment-id=00020000000100000003,timestamp=2017-11-14T14:17:31.448+0000) > > I would hope riots coders would be intelligent enough to write > > if(condition A || condition B){ > //do thing > } > > Unless the behavior is intended which it doesn't sound like In a generalized sense it is intended. Normally when there is an onhit effect and a spell effect being checked they'd be different effects. Muramana just happens to have the same effect triggered by both conditions. They don't have a huge list of if statements or a huge switch case for each different spell effect. They have something more generalized. Also, that's on the systems level. But then they have LUA scripts that the game designers write which leverages the systems code and actually determines which effects are triggered by what. So it's probably defined in scripts or config files that basically just say to register an onhit effect, and also register a spell effect, both for muramana, both doing the same thing.
Suitaro (NA)
: Aery helps champs with bad consistent healing. For example: Bard, Kayle, and "Mordekaizer" (yes Mord counts for his W).
> [{quoted}](name=Suitaro,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ar8KwAno,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-14T11:58:52.865+0000) > > Aery helps champs with bad consistent healing. For example: Bard, Kayle, and "Mordekaizer" (yes Mord counts for his W). Oh yeah if you wanna bring them to bot lane as a support. For Kayle though, I think Press the Attack is the best. Stack her passive plus the 12% damage, let your ADC go Tempo or whatever. Bard definitely because you probably won't build AP and Comet really needs AP to remain relevant (but then again some people do build him AP)
Show more

Khristophoros

Level 38 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion