: This board would be so much nicer if people learned to detach personal feelings from their arguments
"This world would be so much nicer if people learned to detach personal feelings from their arguments"
: YOU CANT REPORT FOR PLAYING HIGH
> [{quoted}](name=Ginsanchou,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PGvgdosh,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-02-02T22:18:06.866+0000) > > YOU CANT REPORT FOR PLAYING HIGH Not at all the issue. The issue is the player queued up, accepted the queue and then told us we had to dodge so he can go get high.
: Dude, what the actual fuck? That has nothing to do with this.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PGvgdosh,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-02T19:34:33.365+0000) > > Dude, what the actual fuck? > > That has nothing to do with this. People try way to hard to be funny on the internet.
Rioter Comments
: You summed it up pretty well, but I'll throw in my two cents from the perspective as one of the team leads. From a process perspective: When we're working on a patch, we have about two work weeks to choose our targets, dig into a shit ton of data, come up with a few paperkits, implement said paperkits, test them, get feedback, iterate, test again, finalize iterations, and get in for actual bug testing and localization lock (for things that are changing tooltips and need to be translated). What this usually amounts to is that we have from ~Wednesday afternoon to the following Friday to get our changes through the various development stages and into the next patch. After we lock on the Friday, we have the following Monday/Tuesday for any final power tuning and bug fixing before the entire patch gets "locked" and no more changes can be submitted. From there it goes into extensive bug testing internally, at vendors, and in partner regions to ensure all big bugs have been caught and fixed before we go Live the following Tuesday-Wednesday. This means that from the time we start working on a task, it takes 3 weeks before that change will actually get shipped live (which is one of the factors in it feeling like it takes a long time for things to get changed). Now, not all of our work is targeted on a 2 week cadence, there are times where we have some larger work on our plates for a few sprints/months before it ships, but the bulk of our work gets run through the rapid two week cadence. When we're already working on a fast schedule, one of the things that can drag down any team in any organisation is having too much work in progress. It's something you need to be hyper aware of, as having too many things on the go at once is likely to lead to a lot of stuff falling through the cracks, or burnout because of people trying to deal with the overhead of each individual piece of work they have on their plate. What this means at Riot is that the specific designer may have 4-5 tasks of varying sizes on their plates for a given patch, and each of those tasks requires investigation, ideation, implementation, playtesting and gathering feedback, iterating based on said feedback, fixing bugs, writing patch notes etc. Anything that bleeds over to the next sprint adds to the overhead they need to manage the following sprint (including adding another testpoint to playtests that are already crowded with changes from all the teams in core gameplay). While breaking things up as you suggest would lead to smoother releases, it also just doesn't scale well in a real world development scenario (that's not intended to sound condescending). What this means from a product perspective: One of the things that we try to aim for with our larger changes is offering interesting and compelling gameplay that alters the way players may think about when to pick a specific champion, how to build them, or where they could play them. Things like; what if you could take Nunu bot lane with an Azir or Kayle instead of just in the jungle when you have a hyper scaling adc? Or what if you could take Morgana or Zyra in the jungle if you got autofilled jungle as a support main but your team was entirely physical damage? These types of changes tend to err on the riskier side of the equation because we're trying to balance for a lot of factors. Things like what will this look like in pro play? What about Diamond? Will this be pubstompy in Bronze? Would this be something players find exciting or interesting? The list goes on and on, but at the end of the day, sometimes we have to take our best guess which is informed by the few playtests we get, trust our gut, and go with it. Can this result in us having some releases where we sit back, see the results of a change and think "damnit we did it again". Yep. But does that make me question whether we should have held onto a change for an additional 2 sprints to try and eke out even a tiny bit more value from playtests to give us the confidence in a direction or present tuning? Very very rarely. When all is said and done, the data that we get from our changes being out in the wild for even an hour gives us far more information than we can get from our playtests. This means that we can adjust a champion to be right around where we're happy with a day or two after release as opposed to holding onto them and carrying the overhead cost of managing the task through the various dev stages for another month to get us to the same result (maybe). While people tend to look at them as massive misses on our part (which they are), I'm fine accepting that cost as long as we're willing to own up to it when we do and hotfix them when necessary. At the end of the day as a lead I'm accountable for the results of my team, and if needing to do hotfixes was causing players to churn from the game or completely lose all faith in Riot then I'd definitely revisit this as a philosophy, but as that hasn't materialised so far my tendency is to lean towards iterating quickly as opposed to drawing changes out over a long period of time. @OP: To be entirely clear, your thoughts aren't wrong. If we wanted to go for the smoothest releases possible, we could easily adjust to releasing changes the way you suggest (1/4 or 1/2 at a time). The primary benefit there would be we'd have less egregious cases like Nunu crop up, and the primary cost would be that we'd be able to do net fewer changes as we adjust our workload to account for carry over tasks. It could be that the trade-off is worth it, though for now I'm not convinced. In my mind the worst case right now is that we end up having champs like Nunu be strong for a day or two, people get to see them pop off with some fun synergies, and then we get him to a spot we're roughly happy with - which is ideally far better than he was before. That being said... One of our hopes with changing our patching cadence to be a large patch followed by a small patch is that we get additional breathing room to work on larger projects rather than trying to bundle everything into a standard patch. By changing our small patches to have significantly fewer changes than what players are currently used to, it grants us significantly more bandwidth to work on the larger term stuff that hopefully has a larger impact on the overall state of League. Hopefully the above reasoning makes some amount of sense. I have this awful tendency of writing fucking bibles on the boards :P. Let me know if anything needs additional clarity.
> [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qgPXfKtQ,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2018-01-26T04:32:36.379+0000) > > You summed it up pretty well, but I'll throw in my two cents from the perspective as one of the team leads. Great read. I appreciate the time you took from your day to post that. I understand that there is a huge difference between being a League player and a League developer so you have to look at things in a different light so I apologize if my post came across as hostile. Patches like this make ranked miserable for me so I stop playing until changes are made. If you can abuse the Nunu/Azir synergy you can climb to a rank you otherwise might not reach and if you don't ban him your elo is likely to tank. I completely understand where you guys are coming from and the tradeoffs you need to make. I just wish there was a healthier alternative that could be found.
  Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: makes no sense, both sides always picks an adc so if you can't climb it just means you're really shit
> [{quoted}](name=bywords70,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1gfuzvWH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-19T18:18:08.866+0000) > > makes no sense, both sides always picks an adc so if you can't climb it just means you're really shit Both sides always pick a jungler so if you play jungle and can't climb then you are shit. Same with top... and mid... and support... I don't see your point at all. My point is, if I can climb higher than previous season with my worst role then the role is too strong because you don't have to be good at it to climb.
Rioter Comments
: 2018 Ranked Placements Venting post!
Adc has 500+ ping and disconnects throughout the match. Team refuses to surrender on the hope that the 500+ ping rolling dc adc will get to late game... when your win condition has 500+ ping and disconnects then you have no fucking win condition. Also, don't queue up if your internet is shit. Leave and let your team remake.
: Player Behavior Systems' Lack of Feedback is Depressing
How about on a weekly basis players get a popup saying something along the lines of "Your reports helped flag X number of accounts for review by Riot's Player Behavior Specialists" It won't say what accounts were flagged or punished but lets the player know that their reports were valid and heard.
CarrqB (NA)
: Constant racism in this game and no one blinks an eye?
Just curious, were these players attacking you because they knew you were African American? If so... how would they know? I have played for almost 8 years and have never had anyone I played with know my gender, sexual preference or race... so I am curious about stuff like this. I have seen threads in which people say they were harassed for being female. Do you just hop into your matches and announce it or something? Or were they saying this stuff with no knowledge of your race? It is not acceptable either way. I am simply curious.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Post on the account the problem occurred on fyi
> [{quoted}](name=Hexs Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oh1zUTt2,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-01-06T22:35:24.474+0000) > > Post on the account the problem occurred on fyi That would have been the right thing to do but I had just made that account the day this happened and I never thought to switch over on the boards.
: Looks like this was just an attention post anyways
> [{quoted}](name=ShaolinToilet,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oh1zUTt2,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-01-05T05:15:35.772+0000) > > Looks like this was just an attention post anyways Nope. I already clarified for Tantram. If he wants to come in a clear this up he can but by popping in here he already answered my question.
: Mute and report them. I searched through all of your games for the text you posted and didn't find it anywhere nor did I find any evidence of a reported game containing this type of behavior.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oh1zUTt2,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-01-05T00:57:07.253+0000) > > Mute and report them. I searched through all of your games for the text you posted and didn't find it anywhere nor did I find any evidence of a reported game containing this type of behavior. I was on my alt SmallRengar. I am trying to make an alt account with the goal of only playing Rengar once I unlock him. Also, holy shit never expected Tantram to show up here. More often than not I feel like my reports go ignored. This changes my stance on that.
Jo0o (NA)
: I'm curious, and I hope I convey no offense by asking this: If you refused to answer, did he continue to sexually harass you without any confirmation of your sex? That seems super odd to me. Then again, I don't exactly know how the mind of somebody like that would work.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oh1zUTt2,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-01-05T00:37:09.461+0000) > > I'm curious, and I hope I convey no offense by asking this: > > If you refused to answer, did he continue to sexually harass you without any confirmation of your sex? That seems super odd to me. Then again, I don't exactly know how the mind of somebody like that would work. Yes. I never told him my age, sex or anything. Simply told him no.
: I can't tell if this is a troll post or if you just don't know how to mute
> [{quoted}](name=ShaolinToilet,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oh1zUTt2,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-01-05T00:15:57.549+0000) > > I can't tell if this is a troll post or if you just don't know how to mute I was too fascinated by the fact that someone would actually say this crap. I normally don't need to mute because I don't give a damn so it isn't the first thing to come to mind.
  Rioter Comments
: What kind of troll are we talking about? The literal inter? The meta rebel? The boosted? or the griefer?
> [{quoted}](name=T3H UB3RN07,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zabRN3rr,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-01-03T20:13:55.152+0000) > > What kind of troll are we talking about? > > > The literal inter? > > The meta rebel? > > The boosted? > > or the griefer? They lock in Trist top. We all kind of just go with it. I personally don't get upset with offmeta picks unless they perform like absolute shit. I at least give them a chance to show maybe they are good with that champ or something. We load in and Trist says "wtf I am top?" We just say do what you can we will try. Trist gets ganked and immediately gives up and starts intentionally feeding. Not that she was being ganked again or stomped in lane... just intentionally walking into them and dying.
Sraeg2013 (EUNE)
: Well, you have two choices. 1_._ You can whine about the troll, let him lose you the game, lose a half an hour of your life, and then whine some more after, or 2_._ Dodge and possibly never see him again at the price of 3 LP and 6 minutes you can spend on getting yourself a snack or taking a bathroom break. No, honestly. I can't understand how people have the energy to bitch about a troll whole champion select, whole match and after the match, but not to click the fucking [X] button once.
> [{quoted}](name=Sraeg2013,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zabRN3rr,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-01-03T18:05:27.761+0000) > > Well, you have two choices. > > 1_._ You can whine about the troll, let him lose you the game, lose a half an hour of your life, and then whine some more after, or > > 2_._ Dodge and possibly never see him again at the price of 3 LP and 6 minutes you can spend on getting yourself a snack or taking a bathroom break. > > No, honestly. > I can't understand how people have the energy to bitch about a troll whole champion select, whole match and after the match, but not to click the fucking [X] button once. If Riot had an option to report in champion select I might do that. Also, none of us bitched about the troll until the match was over. Teammate said in post "report trist for trolling" and someone on the other team said "You can't blame him. It's your fault you didn't dodge" That is where the complaint arises. You cannot blame the victim of the trolls and say you cannot blame the troll. That is asinine.
Seen (NA)
: bass ackwards?
> [{quoted}](name=Seen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zabRN3rr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-03T05:51:26.128+0000) > > bass ackwards? Ass backwards
Rioter Comments
: Lol they could solve this problem EASILY by giving each team 5 bans
> [{quoted}](name=TrikzterzArma,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WGEGA5IX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-21T22:47:28.319+0000) > > Lol they could solve this problem EASILY by giving each team 5 bans There are more than 10 OP champions that people tryhard with.
Rioter Comments
Kimuto (NA)
: Hitting a mute button makes you enjoy the game more. Why are you reading it and let them ruin your enjoyment? You're a type that can't back down to an argument, aren't ya?
> [{quoted}](name=Kimuto,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gowUB3OL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-15T07:08:57.328+0000) > > Hitting a mute button makes you enjoy the game more. Why are you reading it and let them ruin your enjoyment? You're a type that can't back down to an argument, aren't ya? I very seldom respond to the shit but I am not going to assume everyone is a piece of shit and mute all as soon as I get in the game.
: Maybe your normal MMR is higher than your Ranked. I stopped seeing that shit when I got out of low silver.
> [{quoted}](name=The Oasis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gowUB3OL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-15T05:48:55.170+0000) > > Maybe your normal MMR is higher than your Ranked. I stopped seeing that shit when I got out of low silver. My ranked MMR is high gold/low plat
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=PowerBurger,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=I2B9VMJd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-22T04:24:08.048+0000) > > It basically is gambling, No it's not.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=I2B9VMJd,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2017-11-22T10:55:45.260+0000) > > No it's not. Money + chance = gambling Lootboxes = money + chance Lootboxes = gambling
Rioter Comments
Escheton (EUW)
: It's free BE for not being a dick. Possibly skin or even ward/emote shards. How is this remotely unsatisfying?
> [{quoted}](name=Escheton,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9el3sTAa,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-18T17:00:05.218+0000) > > It's free BE for not being a dick. Possibly skin or even ward/emote shards. How is this remotely unsatisfying? Because honor capsules are very rare. One per 3 weeks max. And it gave less than a level up chest.
Tarquin96 (EUNE)
: This post contains no useful information,it is just a shitpost so could you please tell us how you would fix that problem or any suggestions may have?
> [{quoted}](name=Tarquin96,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9el3sTAa,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-18T16:53:40.322+0000) > > This post contains no useful information,it is just a shitpost > so could you please tell us how you would fix that problem or any suggestions may have? Try reading the last line of the post...
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Kikirino,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qJ1FBuBf,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-11-04T14:01:16.762+0000) > > Unanimous vote: Every single person who DOES vote puts his vote to the same response. > > Someone who does not vote is not putting his vote to yes or no. Therefore, his 'vote' doesn't count. > > If you're having trouble with that concept then you should go look at any other voting system on Earth and try again. By your logic, that means if someone calls for an early surrender, and the other 4 players simply don't vote, that counts as a unanimous vote and the game ends. Maybe you should think things through a bit more.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qJ1FBuBf,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-11-04T14:17:19.944+0000) > > By your logic, that means if someone calls for an early surrender, and the other 4 players simply don't vote, that counts as a unanimous vote and the game ends. > > Maybe you should think things through a bit more. That is accurate. If you can't be bothered to click one button then your forfeit your right to a say in if the game continues or not. You have some 30 seconds to vote.
: Unanimous vote: every single person who CAN vote puts his vote to the same response. Someone who does not vote is not putting his vote to yes or no. Therefore, it is not unanimous. If you're having trouble that concept, then you should wait 5 more minutes and try again.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qJ1FBuBf,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-04T01:49:02.068+0000) > > Unanimous vote: every single person who CAN vote puts his vote to the same response. > > Someone who does not vote is not putting his vote to yes or no. Therefore, it is not unanimous. > > If you're having trouble that concept, then you should wait 5 more minutes and try again. Unanimous vote: Every single person who DOES vote puts his vote to the same response. Someone who does not vote is not putting his vote to yes or no. Therefore, his 'vote' doesn't count. If you're having trouble with that concept then you should go look at any other voting system on Earth and try again.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: So you want very easy quests? Ok , don't complain about the reward then lol
> [{quoted}](name=PePsiLemoNN,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3Af9pGEJ,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-10-27T11:40:41.174+0000) > > So you want very easy quests? Ok , don't complain about the reward then lol I don't see anyone complaining about the rewards. There is nothing wrong with difficult missions but making a 5 man team with teleport and having to win with that set up is ridiculous and not at all healthy for gameplay. On top of that, if I wanted to complain about rewards how about the fact that 5 man tele mission only gave 5 Worlds Tokens? That is an extremely shitty "reward" for the effort. **Difficult =/= quality of the payout.**
Synnx7 (EUNE)
: Wait. LoL is the first game in the gaming industry that has Halloween dalayed because it interferes with their almighty precious Worlds. All you're gonna get is a game-mode without any pumpkin into it , and skin sales. Rofl
> [{quoted}](name=Synnx7,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3Af9pGEJ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-10-27T05:26:17.888+0000) > > Wait. LoL is the first game in the gaming industry that has Halloween dalayed because it interferes with their almighty precious Worlds. > All you're gonna get is a game-mode without any pumpkin into it , and skin sales. Rofl Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. Not even a little...
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: i think it's ridiculous people get banned for it, but i love when i see it because then i know i'm getting to join in on the headgame they turned league into, where gaining LP doesn't matter as long as you can get people on your team banned because you took one wave when they thought you didn't deserve it > [{quoted}](name=Social Justice 1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wuv6NyR1,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-10-10T07:26:28.735+0000) > > Same reason threads about balance are posted here instead of gameplay because people are stupid?
> [{quoted}](name=Poison Bolts,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wuv6NyR1,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-10-10T07:26:47.952+0000) > > i think it's ridiculous people get banned for it, but i love when i see it because then i know i'm getting to join in on the headgame they turned league into, where gaining LP doesn't matter as long as you can get people on your team banned because you took one wave when they thought you didn't deserve it > > > because people are stupid? I am glad you think you are a big tough boy but in some countries it is illegal to tell someone to kill themselves even in a video game. This isn't some silly joke. This is an actual issue.
: Riot employee behavior
I agree that what he said was wrong but I can't say I am particularly surprised. Can you imagine how much FreeTyler1 shit Rioters have to deal with? For fuck sake they even have a rule against signs with anything about tyler1 at streamed events. You can only be poked so many times before you break and this guy was definitely poked a few too many times.
Show more

Kikirino

Level 65 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion