rujitra (NA)
: Where does the line get drawn then? Let's say Riot permits Danish to be used as an excuse for this. Do they have to take **anyone** who is speaking some other language and allow them to break rules that apply to everyone else? The line must be drawn somewhere. It was drawn before Danish as a supported language.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=00030001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-27T18:26:56.991+0000) > > Where does the line get drawn then? > > Let's say Riot permits Danish to be used as an excuse for this. Do they have to take **anyone** who is speaking some other language and allow them to break rules that apply to everyone else? > > The line must be drawn somewhere. It was drawn before Danish as a supported language. the line gets drawn in context he's being friendly, others are likely speaking danish since it's an interactive conversation, he says "kiss kiss to you, beautiful <3" again why is it so hard for you to admit that riot misunderstood the situation (more specifically in the response) and this man deserves to be unbanned?
rujitra (NA)
: It's not a mistake. Danish is not a recognized and supported language in League of Legends. It's no different than if I spammed the "n word" and then claimed "but in my language it means X". Riot does not support Danish - just as Riot does not support thousands of languages that exist in the world. If you wish to discuss whether Riot should add more languages as officially supported ones, that's a different discussion. However, the player's ban was issued based on the officially supported languages for use in League of Legends - none of which have a meaning for the phrase the OP used other than the English one.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2019-08-27T18:22:42.096+0000) > > It's not a mistake. > > Danish is not a recognized and supported language in League of Legends. It's no different than if I spammed the "n word" and then claimed "but in my language it means X". > > Riot does not support Danish - just as Riot does not support thousands of languages that exist in the world. If you wish to discuss whether Riot should add more languages as officially supported ones, that's a different discussion. However, the player's ban was issued based on the officially supported languages for use in League of Legends - none of which have a meaning for the phrase the OP used other than the English one. Keep on ignoring what we're saying We're saying we know that there's no way to avoid the ban from taking place We're saying that given the correct context, riot should unban and wipe this from their account How is this hard for you to understand? Why can't you say Riot should unban him? You kinda remind me of those racist old white guys that get annoyed when people speak a different language in their country.
rujitra (NA)
: **Riot does not support the Danish language in ANY region of League of Legends**. As such, it does not **MATTER**. I can say that my native language of Hooplah uses the "n/f" words to mean something different. That doesn't mean it's acceptable in League. If you are using a non-supported language that conflicts with the supported languages, that's your own problem.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-27T18:13:38.194+0000) > > **Riot does not support the Danish language in ANY region of League of Legends**. > > As such, it does not **MATTER**. I can say that my native language of Hooplah uses the "n/f" words to mean something different. That doesn't mean it's acceptable in League. > > If you are using a non-supported language that conflicts with the supported languages, that's your own problem. this is a laugh come on now fella it was a mistake, yeah there's no way around it, but he definitely didn't mean "kys" in our sense, and definitely meant kiss kiss. stop being so stead-fast, riot could at least unban the guy.
: An (long) Essay on Permabans - One size fits all policies don't work
I recently got perma-banned for being "argumentative", aka, responding to my team mates as they flamed me, and saying what they were saying in all chat was not true. Yes, I was spending a lot of the game typing, but not one insult got thrown out, compared to them calling me all sorts of slurs and telling me to kill myself, the worst I said in a game brought up against me was "shouldn't have been scummy at the start" which was a result to someone attempting to tilt me at the start of the game. The rest of the game? Me farming camps, taking dragons and only picking fights I knew I could win. I'm not sure if I'm blind to my own aggression, but this seems unfair to me, especially since I've never once told anyone to "kill yourself" or calling them racial or homophobic slurs such as which I've faced in the games I was banned for, and the worse insult I've said in the last 4 games that were used against me on bans was "if i'm bad so are you".
Rioter Comments
: So Riot released that Iron is going under Bronze in the new rank system.
Just think of it in terms of prettiness Pure iron looks like shit Pure bronze looks like shit but less shit Pure silver looks okay Pure gold looks good Pure diamond looks stunning
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Let's chill with some Blitz!
So to put this into perspective for all of those downvoting people wanting to join. Rikey is in no way responsible for DKZ Rikey is in no way responsible for the PAX event Rikey is in no way responsible for this drama Yet he's taken it upon himself to try and settle the relations between Riot and the players a bit; he's not covering it up, if you want to see it covered up go to reddit where posts are deleted about it. What have we all wanted for the longest time? To talk to riot one on one, to get an idea of their inner-workings. Here's the chance, we can ask them questions outside of this drama, perhaps about the meta. Give the dude a chance, he's the one taking time out of his schedule to do this shit for you; he has no obligation to do so.
: Let's chill with some Blitz!
Sign me up: IGN- KillTheYordle
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Ogre isn't wrong. Its not Riot's problem that you get pissed to the moon and back and need to lash at someone. Thats on yourself ONLY. And only yourself can fix the problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Balterein,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a4uGTWeX,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-07-25T03:02:50.091+0000) > > Ogre isn't wrong. Its not Riot's problem that you get pissed to the moon and back and need to lash at someone. Thats on yourself ONLY. And only yourself can fix the problem. He still literally ignored everything I just said though, and so did you. The main point is, Riot out-right punishes the main use for relieving stress, which is to avoid the stress and leave.
: They can literally **get off the game.** If the game has consumed them enough to the point where they can't bring themselves to press that X button no matter how tilted they are, they need serious help. I listen to music or play Osu when I'm tilted, that helps me
> [{quoted}](name=Get Ogre Here,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a4uGTWeX,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-07-24T20:09:36.876+0000) > > They can literally **get off the game.** If the game has consumed them enough to the point where they can't bring themselves to press that X button no matter how tilted they are, they need serious help. > > I listen to music or play Osu when I'm tilted, that helps me literally ignoring everything I just said
: "In order for people to be less toxic, allow them to be more toxic". OK.
> [{quoted}](name=Ayanami3rd,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a4uGTWeX,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-07-24T19:57:30.117+0000) > > "In order for people to be less toxic, allow them to be more toxic". OK. >literally ignoring everything I just said for a shit strawman
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
EkyonKun (NA)
: You don't even need the damage part. Nasus's Wither can proc electrocute. It's any three things that negatively affect enemy champions. If you use {{summoner:3}} {{item:3905}} {{item:3800}} all on one person, it'll proc it.
> [{quoted}](name=EkyonKun,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f9eAyNzn,comment-id=00020002,timestamp=2018-07-21T02:46:37.138+0000) > > You don't even need the damage part. Nasus's Wither can proc electrocute. It's any three things that negatively affect enemy champions. > > If you use {{summoner:3}} {{item:3905}} {{item:3800}} all one one person, it'll proc it. Gonna do a "only damage from electrocute" challenge only way I'm allowed to hurt someone is from electrocute, not even allowing to hurt someone from the things proccing, gotta use harmless abilities for the proc.
: Nothing is more satisfying than that final “fuck you” from lighting a guy on fire, having them run away only to be struck by lightning and die
> [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f9eAyNzn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-20T13:37:27.430+0000) > > Nothing is more satisfying than that final “fuck you” from lighting a guy on fire, having them run away only to be struck by lightning and die I honestly didn't expect that Ignite to kill them, and then electricity strikes them out of nowhere??? also how do I put a gif into the forums itself
Rioter Comments
: Ahri’s charm has a damage amp. That’s why her skills don’t deal as much damage straight up.
> [{quoted}](name= Król Wilk Sam,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=g9XzAU60,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-16T18:41:26.048+0000) > > Ahri’s charm has a damage amp. That’s why her skills don’t deal as much damage straight up. you've kinda missed the point the point is, by level two, I'm always confirmed to get a kill, simply because of my damage output level 1
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=KillTheYordle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yfihzXcP,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-07-13T23:23:30.309+0000) > > Top: > {{champion:86}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:24}} > > Jungle: > {{champion:104}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:35}} > > Mid: > {{champion:62}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:142}} > > ADC: > {{champion:202}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:62}} > > Sup: > {{champion:25}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:412}} > > > Ah yes, look at our diverse cast of _playable_ characters! You don't even have right selection of meta champions. Which then means there's champion you can play beyond what you have listed. Nevermind the fact that such a thing doesn't matter for the large majority of players, you are just saying your point is wrong in your opinion. It sounds like you are just mad about Wukong.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yfihzXcP,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-07-13T23:41:05.188+0000) > > You don't even have right selection of meta champions. Which then means there's champion you can play beyond what you have listed. > Nevermind the fact that such a thing doesn't matter for the large majority of players, you are just saying your point is wrong in your opinion. > > It sounds like you are just mad about Wukong. Imagine looking this much into a joke
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Anyone noticed this since 2 or 3 patches ago about towers ?
shh don't tell riot it's the only form of tower buff we're gonna get in a long time
: You missed the point. Yasuo's passive was buffed because the IE changes made him weaker. He was a lot stronger with the old version of IE.
> [{quoted}](name=Khristophoros,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kM2zk5Tm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-22T12:35:54.388+0000) > > You missed the point. Yasuo's passive was buffed because the IE changes made him weaker. He was a lot stronger with the old version of IE. oh so because an item made a champion indirectly weaker, can i be expecting a buff from tristana vayne kalista varus and every other crit champ?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: This is the exact same for any game with 100+ champions/playable characters. There's only so much you can do with a passive and 4 abilities before you get cliche or force extremes or gimmicks. There's this 20:80 principle, 20-30 is approximately 20% of 135 champions who will get 80% of the attention, whereas the rest 80% or so of champions will only get 20% of attention. If there are enough 'things', this principle will often show up. But it's not new, not new at all.
> [{quoted}](name=mosaickle,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JZ8MaOsv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-22T12:16:10.436+0000) > > This is the exact same for any game with 100+ champions/playable characters. There's only so much you can do with a passive and 4 abilities before you get cliche or force extremes or gimmicks. There's this 20:80 principle, 20-30 is approximately 20% of 135 champions who will get 80% of the attention, whereas the rest 80% or so of champions will only get 20% of attention. > > If there are enough 'things', this principle will often show up. > > But it's not new, not new at all. But there's a difference between having champions have the same abilities and having the same champions that are already sitting on 52% win-rate get more buffs, whilst champions sitting around 45% win rate getting nerfed. And then having champs with 35-40% win rate never getting touched.
Rioter Comments
Bulaga (NA)
: Well thought out with a lot of really good points. I hope riot considers your thoughts. I can't help but to think is some sick joke by riot to keep the mummy crying.
> [{quoted}](name=MasterWhale,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nWA5ImhK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-21T21:26:13.479+0000) > > Well thought out with a lot of really good points. I hope riot considers your thoughts. I can't help but to think is some sick joke by riot to keep the mummy crying. Thanks man, though sadly I seriously doubt Amumu will receive any attention. Riot seems to have made a champion bubble, consisting of around 20-30 champions, and any champion that's not those champions gets no attention and when they become viable due to item changes (not by riot changing the champ directly), they get nerfed straight to the ground.
: Well the majority of the playerbase is in the bottom two brackets where Amumu rules like a god. So he's not all bad.
> [{quoted}](name=RookPusher,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nWA5ImhK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-21T21:19:57.145+0000) > > Well the majority of the playerbase is in the bottom two brackets where Amumu rules like a god. So he's not all bad. As someone who plays in those two brackets I've seen him played around six times since last April Only twice has he won
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: One of the main problems with the Tribunal was the time between exhibited behavior and punishment. Sometimes, that player was no longer doing that behavior, so there'd be no reason to punish. It was accurate. And frankly, when players have chat logs they feel are controversial, they can post them here, they can also submit support tickets, and there are also manual reviews by Riot, where they check for false positives and false negatives.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dwAMxQyX,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-05-11T14:59:53.118+0000) > > One of the main problems with the Tribunal was the time between exhibited behavior and punishment. Sometimes, that player was no longer doing that behavior, so there'd be no reason to punish. It was accurate. And frankly, when players have chat logs they feel are controversial, they can post them here, they can also submit support tickets, and there are also manual reviews by Riot, where they check for false positives and false negatives. > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dwAMxQyX,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-05-11T14:58:46.852+0000) > > Weird. I can think of at least three disagreements I've *personally* had recently. I know why they ended up punished as per the system, but that's not the same as necessarily fully agreeing myself. People often incorrectly assume my explanation of the reason for the punishment is the same as a 100% endorsement of every aspect of the system. > > This system basically existed -- it was called ***The Tribunal***, and was removed for being to slow compared to the amount of information passing through it. Additionally, being Diamond+ or Rank 80+ doesn't magically make you better at determining problematic behavior. Manual reviews for everything just don't WORK at this scale. You must understand when I referenced forum moderators always agreeing with bots, I meant in general. Whilst you two may have disagreements, I've seen a DISTURBING amount of moderators always agree with bots, no matter the situation. As for the rank requirements, it's simply to stop people from making accounts and being able to decide a players fate within a short time span of the accounts creation.
: An Alternative To Senselessly Banning
Love the amount of people assuming I've been banned Shows how much people care for the argument and prefers using strawmans > [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dwAMxQyX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-11T14:41:19.722+0000) > > And how many peeps are gonna report challenger players and get them banned because of the "human element" But unless challenger players do anything, they won't get banned Like I said, we aren't removing the bot We're removing it's ability to ban, it'd be staying on the game, but it's ability to ban will be replaced by the ability to mark for review Reporting challengers will be useless, unless the bot decides to mark for review (which it would do if it believes it should ban in this system)
Rioter Comments
: Agreed. I've never thought of Darius as "overloaded". Definitely as "bullshit", but never "overloaded".
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=AL7EGjA7,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-05-10T19:57:45.342+0000) > > Agreed. I've never thought of Darius as "overloaded". Definitely as "bullshit", but never "overloaded". though I did say broken / overloaded. "/" meaning and/or
: You know. I've always thought Darius was strong, but I've never felt he is overloaded. He's also not one of those champions that is always strong imo.
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=AL7EGjA7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-10T19:49:40.008+0000) > > You know. I've always thought Darius was strong, but I've never felt he is overloaded. He's also not one of those champions that is always strong imo. I just bunched Darius in because there's been times where he's been almost 100% Pick or ban, before being nerfed hard.
Rioter Comments
Kaioko (NA)
: Because ultimately the game still needs to make money when it's providing you a way to earn something for free that is purely cosmetic. If you got an even amount of disenchant to cost there would be far fewer people using the shop.
> [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AEu0gzwE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-08T16:21:59.577+0000) > > Because ultimately the game still needs to make money when it's providing you a way to earn something for free that is purely cosmetic. If you got an even amount of disenchant to cost there would be far fewer people using the shop. I understand the need for money, but I'd say Riot has a substantial amount of money already, with their LCS's, the new Blue Essence system encouraging RP consumption, and new champion skins. I'd never consider paying for RP for any of those skins, if I get them, sure I'd like to redeem them at some point, but you rarely ever get a skin you want, people would still pay.
: >Or neither dies because some ADC's such as Vayne has a CC that is situational and easy to negate and counter >and so does Bard. that is slowmoving and needs him to be really close >I wouldn't say the busted healing that comes out of it is useless is 130 hp busted, with having to wait 30 seconds? >AP Sona is a build for making sure your laner doesn't get ahead. idc if you meant enemy or ally laner because in both ways its incorrect >I know it's going to need him to walk into tower range what do you not understand. yeah thats why his escape isnt that good >But here's the thing buddy dont call me fucking buddy. _nothing personal kid_ >Towers don't insta kill not supposed to >Towers do fuck all damage they can 4 shot an ADC >By the time towers do considerable damage, he can E out. and get his ADC focused by the enemy bot lane
> [{quoted}](name=Yaśuo Main,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fbvO5rRJ,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-08T16:15:07.127+0000) > > that is situational and easy to negate and counter > > that is slowmoving and needs him to be really close > > is 130 hp busted, with having to wait 30 seconds? > > idc if you meant enemy or ally laner because in both ways its incorrect > > yeah thats why his escape isnt that good > > dont call me fucking buddy. _nothing personal kid_ > > not supposed to > > they can 4 shot an ADC > > and get his ADC focused by the enemy bot lane >is situational and easy to negate/counter >doesn't tell how to and I clearly was talking about full AP Sona's healing not being useless. And is it correct? Because being able to chunk 30% of health just from stroking Q when the enemy tries to CS will set them back hard. It's called an escape for a reason I understand towers don't insta kill And I've easily seen ADC's tank a good solid six shots, and like I said, you can easily cycle out if you don't have the brain of spongebobs pet snail. > [{quoted}](name=Nevurwin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fbvO5rRJ,comment-id=0001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-08T16:17:20.602+0000) > > Well i replied earlier and gave you some alternatives, but i think you have yourself convinced of what you're saying to be true. I don't think anything we say to you will re-shape what you think. pretty much
Rioter Comments
Nevurwin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KillTheYordle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fbvO5rRJ,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-08T15:47:39.384+0000) > > Talon > Zed > Tryndamere > Urgot > Ezreal > Kayn > Yasuo > Gangplank > Tristana > Xayah > Bard > Jarvan > Kled > Leona > Lee Sin > Nautilus > Blitz and Thresh can pull you out of tower > Warwick > Ziggs has something that can place him and or you out of tower > Gragas > Graves > Aatrox > Kalista can call her allies out of tower > Lucian > Ornn > Rek'Sai > Renekton > Rengar > Riven > Sejauni > Shen > Sions ult is fast > Taliyah > Urgot > Vayne > Vi > Alistar > Akali > Azir > Braum > Rakan > Diana > Fizz > Hecarim > Illoai can jump to minions if you want to count her > Irelia > Jax > Maokai > Pantheon > Nocturne > Poppy > Quin > Wu kong > Camille > Teemo has a speed boost > Tanky Kench can TP out > > All of those champions have dashes > If we go into supports, a large amount have healing and shields > Soraka > Taric > Nami > LuLu > Blitzcrank has self shield > Thresh has lantern shield > Lux > Karma > Sona > Zilean can ult > > > Players like Zoe have long range and can just jump in and out Play Maokai, Proceed to CC them into the ground when they tower dive you. Problem Solved.
> [{quoted}](name=Nevurwin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fbvO5rRJ,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-05-08T16:10:06.820+0000) > > Play Maokai, Proceed to CC them into the ground when they tower dive you. Problem Solved. So I have to play one champion out of 135 in order to not get fucked? What if I'm a mid laner What if I'm a bot laner
: >Ah yes, because I forgot people can't dive bot lnae hm except that means either adc or bard dies if you know how to not play like patricks pet rock >Also not sure if you've ever seen full AP Sona, but shits busted and useless in teamfights other than deleting people who dont know how to build MR against a telegraphed burst build >You don't use Bards E to go in, you use it to get out except in botlane there is only one area you can use to get out from, and that area is gonna need him to WALK IN TOWER RANGE >It doesn't matter if it's telegraphed when you're dead u probably suck if you're dead that fast
> [{quoted}](name=Yaśuo Main,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fbvO5rRJ,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-08T16:05:14.071+0000) > > hm except that means either adc or bard dies if you know how to not play like patricks pet rock > > and useless in teamfights other than deleting people who dont know how to build MR against a telegraphed burst build > > except in botlane there is only one area you can use to get out from, and that area is gonna need him to WALK IN TOWER RANGE > > u probably suck if you're dead that fast Or neither dies because some ADC's such as Vayne has a CC, and so does Bard. And if they're not patricks pet rock, they know how to cycle I wouldn't say the busted healing that comes out of it is useless. Also AP Sona is a build for making sure your laner doesn't get ahead. I know it's going to need him to walk into tower range what do you not understand. But here's the thing buddy Towers don't insta kill Towers do fuck all damage By the time towers do considerable damage, he can E out.
: >Sona has a heal >Sona has shield Sona has a speed boost she also has no damage and can not dive in a solo lane >Bard has a heal that is garbage as hell >Bard has a useful as shit escape which is telegraphed and able to be used agaisnt him >Hell, Bard can freeze the tower that is his ultimate and thats the only thing he can use to dive >Also last I checked, Twitch and Shaco were pretty meta last time i checked shaco is only OP is low elo trash player gameplay and twitch isnt invisibility
> [{quoted}](name=Yaśuo Main,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fbvO5rRJ,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-08T15:55:28.048+0000) > > Sona has a speed boost > > she also has no damage and can not dive in a solo lane > > that is garbage as hell > > which is telegraphed and able to be used agaisnt him > > that is his ultimate and thats the only thing he can use to dive > > last time i checked shaco is only OP is low elo trash player gameplay and twitch isnt invisibility Ah yes, because I forgot people can't dive bot lnae Also not sure if you've ever seen full AP Sona, but shits busted You don't use Bards E to go in, you use it to get out. It doesn't matter if it's telegraphed when you're dead
Show more

KillTheYordle

Level 155 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion