: Ok then... that's really strange. Should contact player support in that case so they can look into it for you.
> [{quoted}](name=LostFr0st,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=6skQ6fwe,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-21T19:14:27.754+0000) > > Ok then... that's really strange. > Should contact player support in that case so they can look into it for you. Probably a good idea...definitely agree it was weird. I've never had to submit a ticket before, so hopefully they'll at least acknowledge that there's a problem
: Ah, that's what happened then. You have the one shard (from the box earlier which is sitting in the inventory), and then the lvl 50 box gave a permanent ward, which gets auto-added (fully unlocked) to the account. Just odd that it turned out to be the same ward.
> [{quoted}](name=LostFr0st,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=6skQ6fwe,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-12-21T16:43:29.124+0000) > > Ah, that's what happened then. > > You have the one shard (from the box earlier which is sitting in the inventory), and then the lvl 50 box gave a permanent ward, which gets auto-added (fully unlocked) to the account. > > Just odd that it turned out to be the same ward. Neither was a shard. Both were permanent unlocks.
Kinetika (NA)
: Bugged champion crate
I don't really care about the ward...not something I wanted anyway, but it is definitely a bug. I didn't get two shards interestingly....just a permanent ward unlock.
Rioter Comments
: That's what I want to know too -- I want the skin but I don't really want to spend the money trying to get it since I already have PAX Sivir... It's only fair that Pax Sivir owners get this version too.
Only fair? I live nowhere near a PAX location and couldn't get the PAX skin. I didn't have 100's to spend buying it on ebay either. How is THAT fair? I think it's particularly unfair that current owners get ANOTHER free rare skin.
: Using an Empowered aa ability cancels normal aa
^ This happened to me playing Jax Everytime I hit W, stops AA
: Regardless of how valid they are, you shouldn't be discounting what people say based on their rank. Doing that, we slowly become an elitist community, which would eventually end up killing the game
> [{quoted}](name=Spicy Rice,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5NJeNOvN,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-19T15:34:15.159+0000) > > Regardless of how valid they are, you shouldn't be discounting what people say based on their rank. > > Doing that, we slowly become an elitist community, which would eventually end up killing the game Bad news....it's already an elitist community.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kinetika,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=AKE2bWUL,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-01-17T12:57:03.645+0000) > > Bruh...you come to the boards and whine about not being able to carry your team to win some bronze games. When people (rightfully) respond that your champ choice is sub-par, you disagree. > > Enjoy bronze, midlane Bard. Lol people like this dude don't understand this is flex que btw bard top is better [](http://imgur.com/a/8u2zT)
> [{quoted}](name=Jigglypuff,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=AKE2bWUL,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-18T02:26:14.191+0000) > > Lol people like this dude don't understand this is flex que > > btw bard top is better [](http://imgur.com/a/8u2zT) I understand you can't get out of bronze. I don't have that problem. But yeah...dismiss what I'm saying because **_I_** am the one stuck in bronze....smh
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=AKE2bWUL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-01-17T07:32:38.627+0000) > > Your champion choice was probably a major factor. Never
> [{quoted}](name=Jigglypuff,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=AKE2bWUL,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-01-17T07:35:49.024+0000) > > Never Bruh...you come to the boards and whine about not being able to carry your team to win some bronze games. When people (rightfully) respond that your champ choice is sub-par, you disagree. Enjoy bronze, midlane Bard.
GemCrash (NA)
: What's the worst score you've ever unintentionally got?
1/7 in a ranked game the other day and my team CARRIED MY ASS.
Cromag (NA)
: Im a angst player. so what. FUCK YOU
I think it's amusing that you somehow feel justified for flaming your teammates after going 2/12. Your entire team played better than you, and you still had the balls to verbally trash them. Amazing that you're still bronze. Truly.
: What to build when you fall behind as Jax?
First off, how do you fall behind as Jax? I think it depends on the matchup and how your other lanes are doing. If you're getting owned, maybe consider building armor/mr. If your other lanes are doing fine and you can just farm, build damage. You're a late game monster, so plan to build for that.
: I usually say like 6 or something, because I've seen decent 12 year-olds
> [{quoted}](name=TurquoiseYoshi,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=67sxbiF1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-01-16T05:36:19.111+0000) > > I usually say like 6 or something, because I've seen decent 12 year-olds Glad to hear it. And you're probably right...there are probably some 12 year olds that could whoop my ancient ass. Give 12 year olds back their good name dammit!
S0kaX (EUNE)
: So I won't lose my tower the first time I recall? Yes please.
> [{quoted}](name=SonicMaster02,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FGjXfpKk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-01-15T19:49:23.296+0000) > > So I won't lose my tower the first time I recall? Yes please. ^ This.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Punishment for constantly questionmark pinging someone
Riot addresses pings in the Summoner's code I think. I can't recall the exact wording, but essentially they say "one ping is enough". I don't agree with that, because I'll ping MIA 2-3 times typically when my laner isn't visible, but if you're spamming pings just to be a jerk then you probably are doing something a bit overkill and you know it.
: Here are my chat logs. Can someone explain to me why I got banned.
> [{quoted}](name=Hi Im Spork,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=b1l289v9,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-12-23T03:16:42.578+0000) > > I see in the third game where I called someone a retard and and asshole, I shouldnt have done that. But I have no clue what I did in game 1 and game 2 that caused me to get banned. Could someone please explain this to me? > > The logs are in full and unedited I can post screenshots if requested. I think the telling people not to breath thing is typically enough. I have some constructive criticism for you: You are not yet level 30 in NA, and you clearly don't win many games. Stop blaming your jungler for not getting "my ganks" etc. If you want to main Teemo top, you'd better learn to survive without help. Focus on what you can improve on rather than constantly flaming your team. I'll tell you right now, the very second that you said something like "when are my ganks", I'd ignore your lane as your teammate, whether I was mid or jungle. That type of mentality is indicative of a serial feeder, and someone who is incapable of winning their lane without assistance. You also might want to consider trying another champ, because you don't seem to be particularly good with Teemo.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: [Edit: Depends what the "more" refers to: Do you mean they're generally more toxic toward the non-premade than to their own premade teammates? Then probably yes. Do you mean they're generally more toxic to the non-premade than other players would be? Then no.] You're also dodging the question. But fine, I'll rephrase it so have less of a problem with it: How do you identify, within the experiences you have made with other players, 4-man premades with only players that behave like any other player?
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dYkeQFki,comment-id=00010000000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000003,timestamp=2016-12-22T04:30:29.860+0000) > > Riot has to pay attention when people are upset about something. They earn their money based on peoples' subjective enjoyment of the game, so if something hinders that enjoyment they need to figure out a way how to deal with that, even if the problem is only in the head of their customers. > > This is the first time you mentioned lolnexus in the entire time. And if you had mentioned that you do this every game any time earlier, I would have accepted that. I might have stated that it's a different experience from the one that I had, but that's it. > > So yeah, maybe remember this huge fucking pointless conversation the next time you choose to dodge a question rather than just straight up answer it. I don't recall a mandate that I explain the entire process I go through at the beginning of a game to you. I mentioned that I am aware of premades...if you didn't understand how that was, you should have asked. I would think that most League players understand how to do that - it's actually a feature that the Curse client overlays on the League client ffs. Maybe you should remember this pointless conversation next time you try to derail a post with some unrelated, self-aggrandizing comment.
: hehe, i think you backed OP into a corner with sheer braining powers. and if the OP is bumping into 4man premades...what fricking que is he/she in? certainly ain't ranked, that crap got abolished.
> [{quoted}](name=Grandfather Crow,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dYkeQFki,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-12-22T16:49:20.325+0000) > > hehe, i think you backed OP into a corner with sheer braining powers. > > and if the OP is bumping into 4man premades...what fricking que is he/she in? > certainly ain't ranked, that crap got abolished. Not in any corners that I know of mate. And yeah, it's in norms. I suggest you play some more of them so that you can improve enough to get out of B5 this season.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: [Edit: Depends what the "more" refers to: Do you mean they're generally more toxic toward the non-premade than to their own premade teammates? Then probably yes. Do you mean they're generally more toxic to the non-premade than other players would be? Then no.] You're also dodging the question. But fine, I'll rephrase it so have less of a problem with it: How do you identify, within the experiences you have made with other players, 4-man premades with only players that behave like any other player?
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dYkeQFki,comment-id=00010000000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2016-12-22T04:10:26.831+0000) > > Okay, assume that there is a 4-man premade that isn't. How do you identify that case? > > Look, the thing you are describing in this post is something I agree with and that actually has been confirmed by Riot: **IF** a 4-man premade is toxic, it's a significantly more frustrating experience than it would be without the 4-man premade. But that's a different statement from whether or not it happens more often. > > The latter part being something that does not click with me, because there's no evidence for it. If you would stop dodging my question I'm certain you would very quickly understand the problem with using your personal experience as evidence. > Not because all perception is inherently flawed, but because there are cases that you cannot identify; worse even, those cases will actually be perceived as something they are really not. > > Say you play with 1000 players, 200 of which were in 4-man premades. Let's further assume that 180 of those 4-man premades act just like every other player, while 20 of them are toxic assholes. > Your perception would lead you to believe that there are only 20 premades, because you haven't recognized the others as premades. You thus conclude that close to 100% of premades are toxic assholes, even though you just completely miss the ones that do not fall under that category. > > You cannot exclude that possibility, which is why your personal experience is simply not enough to go by to demand something as harsh as straightup prohibiting 4-man premades. First, if it didn't happen often, Riot wouldn't pay any attention to it. It would be a fart in the wind to Riot. Second, I've already explained that premades are easy (and obvious) to identify in-game. Once the game loads, you can go do lolnexus and then click on their names, which will take you to another site and you can see their last 20 or so matches, who they've played with frequently etc. And that's if they don't have the same group name. I do this every game because I want to know who I'm teamed with and who I'm up against. Simple. As I said, I am aware of when I'm in a premade AFTER the game has loaded, which is why I would like to know PRIOR, so that I can elect to dodge if I'm so inclined.
: A few things: 1. my point about towers was "you should be taking a tower in a lane. I don't care if the lane is ahead of behind - just take a tower." I think the jungler should choose, but you need to push towers. That's not negotiable. 2. I don't jungle for two reasons: a. Because it's the same issue. As soon as I jungle I'm looking at the support going "wtf is wrong with _this _ guy?" b. I like the role, but I don't like the champs. I used to jungle all the time when Maokai was viable. But this was back before his rework. I still do it now and again, but he's not super viable.
> [{quoted}](name=RookPusher,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MrridOMm,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-12-22T04:06:38.047+0000) > > A few things: > > 1. my point about towers was "you should be taking a tower in a lane. I don't care if the lane is ahead of behind - just take a tower." I think the jungler should choose, but you need to push towers. That's not negotiable. > > 2. I don't jungle for two reasons: > > a. Because it's the same issue. As soon as I jungle I'm looking at the support going "wtf is wrong with _this _ guy?" > > b. I like the role, but I don't like the champs. I used to jungle all the time when Maokai was viable. But this was back before his rework. I still do it now and again, but he's not super viable. I agree in general - pushing towers wins games. My point is that pushing towers is one of the junglers many, many tasks in an average game and needs to be prioritized selectively against dragons, ganks, and farm (I guess herald/baron also, but less frequently). I would suggest that pushing the initial tower is the primary responsibility of the laner, and the jungler needs to identify good opportunities (you could argue "low risk" opportunities) to assist with that. I generally only notice a really good support. In terms of other positions, I tend to notice when they're carrying or when they're feeding, but in either case I try very hard not to say anything discouraging because let's face it - as a jungle main I get picked on more frequently than I would in another role, and so I've built up a strong sympathy with those who are bullied. Maokai isn't so bad. Not what he used to be of course, but his outplay potential is very high, which I find enticing. He's my favorite champ by far in URF. Completely inescapable with the old Rylai's.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: I'm invalidating your statistics, numbers and logical conclusions. Those are not opinions. And I suppose that depends on your definition of "dictating values".
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eU5GrQcl,comment-id=000a0000000000000001000000000000000000000001000100000001,timestamp=2016-12-22T03:48:32.569+0000) > > You don't need data or evidence to point out flaws in logic. > And when I say I invalidate your statistics, I don't mean to say that they are wrong, but that they cannot be inferred from the data you collected, because said data is not properly randomized. Are you daft? "because said data is not properly randomized"? Experiences don't have to be randomized to identify a pattern. That's like saying "I know you say that you hate broccoli, but you haven't had a sufficiently randomized sample of broccoli from around the world to make that determination. Therefore you are wrong. You DO like broccoli.". Dear God man - your logic is all kinds of twisted.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: [Edit: Depends what the "more" refers to: Do you mean they're generally more toxic toward the non-premade than to their own premade teammates? Then probably yes. Do you mean they're generally more toxic to the non-premade than other players would be? Then no.] You're also dodging the question. But fine, I'll rephrase it so have less of a problem with it: How do you identify, within the experiences you have made with other players, 4-man premades with only players that behave like any other player?
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dYkeQFki,comment-id=0001000000000001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-22T03:43:32.890+0000) > > Depends what the "more" refers to: Do you mean they're generally more toxic toward the non-premade than to their own premade teammates? Then probably yes. > Do you mean they're generally more toxic to the non-premade than other players would be? Then no.] > > You're also dodging the question. But fine, I'll rephrase it so have less of a problem with it: > > How do you identify, within the experiences you have made with other players, 4-man premades with only players that behave like any other player? I'm not dodging anything. You're just not listening. There is no definition of a "normal player" that I know of. There is a perception, sure. But as I've already pointed out to you, your "argument" is that perceptions are inherently false because you say so. Because there is no defined "normal" player, or "any other player", I cannot provide the proper litmus test that you're after. I can say this: In my experience, 4man premades are always (yes, always) more toxic to the 5th man than 4 random teammates would be. We could dive deep into the psychology behind this phenomenon, but let's not ok? You're tiresome and don't seem to understand that you are the epitome of an internet bully. Let's just agree that it's far more likely that if you're in a team with 4 random teammates, and one of them decides to flame you, the others won't pile on and may in fact defend you. And that's probably because the one doing the flaming has things to say about others on the team also. See when people aren't part of a pre-existing group, they're less likely to think like a herd, and they're more likely to think objectively. Compare that to a 4man premade. Are those teammates going to flame each other? Probably not. When they get frustrated, they'll take out their aggression on the teammate who isn't part of their group, and they're actually encouraged to pile on with the flaming and bullying. You see, they develop what is called "herd mentality". And here's the frustrating thing - I know that what I'm saying is making sense and clicking with you, but you're too stubborn to admit it.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: I'm invalidating your statistics, numbers and logical conclusions. Those are not opinions. And I suppose that depends on your definition of "dictating values".
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eU5GrQcl,comment-id=000a000000000000000100000000000000000000000100010000,timestamp=2016-12-22T03:38:11.178+0000) > > And I suppose that depends on your definition of "dictating values". Actually it really doesn't depend on my definition. We can use widely available definitions if you'd like: 1. Dictating: lay down authoritatively; prescribe. 2. Values: a person's principles or standards of behavior. Here's a link to the Summoner's Code: http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/get-started/summoners-code/ And here's one to the Terms of Use: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse Riot authoritatively lays down the standards of behavior that a user will be held to in these two documents. If you believe for whatever reason that these standards of behavior that Riot has laid down with authority are entirely subjective to the definition of "dictating values", I strongly suggest you take another look at the Behavior Moderation board and count how many threads revolve around bans and suspensions. I'm not suggesting that there's anything wrong with it, but Riot dictates values to the player population. Period.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: I'm invalidating your statistics, numbers and logical conclusions. Those are not opinions. And I suppose that depends on your definition of "dictating values".
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eU5GrQcl,comment-id=000a000000000000000100000000000000000000000100010000,timestamp=2016-12-22T03:38:11.178+0000) > > I'm invalidating your statistics, numbers and logical conclusions. Those are not opinions. You've invalidated nothing, seeing as how you have provided no evidence, no facts, and only your opinions. Again, if you believe that I am incorrect, prove it using real data. Otherwise my opinions, statistics, numbers and logical conclusions are just as correct as yours.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: How do you identify, within the experiences you have made with other players, players that are part of a 4-man premade but behave like any other player?
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dYkeQFki,comment-id=00010000000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-22T03:32:17.454+0000) > > How do you identify, within the experiences you have made with other players, players that are part of a 4-man premade but behave like any other player? That's the part that seems to have gone right over your head since the beginning of your trolling. I'm not talking about an individual player whom is PART of the 4-man premade. I'm talking about the 4-man premade making it SAFE for individuals that are PART OF THE 4MAN PREMADE TO ACT LIKE JERKS. You're focused on the experience I've had with a player within the premade - which I have not addressed and have no plans to - I've been talking about the premade itself, not the individuals who comprise it. Here's my question for you: Do you believe that 4-man premade squads are generally more toxic toward the teammate who is NOT part of their group?
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Okay since you **still** don't understand the concept of selective perception, let's break it down to one simple question: How do you identify entirely normally playing 4-man premades in your own personal experience? Edit: Not a rhetorical question, btw, I want you to answer this.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dYkeQFki,comment-id=000100000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-22T03:08:12.353+0000) > > Okay since you **still** don't understand the concept of selective perception, let's break it down to one simple question: > How do you identify entirely normally playing 4-man premades in your own personal experience? > Edit: Not a rhetorical question, btw, I want you to answer this. If you make a solid attempt to fix this grammatically incorrect "question", I might take a stab at it. As it's written, it is entirely unintelligible.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Riot "dictates" values that the community dictated to Riot. You think a business can become big when they are forcing a system that nobody wants? Riot started out listening very carefully to what their customers want. And from having been around since pre-season 1, I can tell you Riot's core philosophy around punishment and behaviour has never changed since then. And even if it did, they're not dictating values. You can have whatever values you want as long as you stick to the rules they set up. There are a lot of people on this forum that have never been banned despite disagreeing with the system. And if enough people disagree we're back at square one: If the customers don't want a system and **show** that they don't want that system, Riot has to change. You are just trying to invalidate the opinion of people that don't think the same way you do by pretending their values are dictated by somebody else.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eU5GrQcl,comment-id=000a0000000000000001000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2016-12-21T02:17:56.018+0000) > > You are just trying to invalidate the opinion of people that don't think the same way you do by pretending their values are dictated by somebody else. Much in the same way you try to invalidate the opinions of people that don't think the same way you do by insisting that you're correct and they aren't. And to be perfectly clear, Riot does in fact dictate a code of conduct, which is in turn a set of values that Riot tries to uphold. The definition of values: a person's principles or **standards of behavior**. In this case, Riot's. And you can check the summoner's code and the Terms of Use section 5 if you want proof. Riot has had a code of conduct since at least the beta, but probably since day 1 seeing as how they used to play DOTA, which was similar in terms of user group.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: No I'm not. Where's the selection of my perception? You still don't understand that concept obviously. I'm stating "a lot", not "the majority", not "all". I'm making no statistical statement. I'm saying there exists a number of people that is significant in my personal opinion. That opinion is biased for presumably a lot of reasons, but it's an opinion and thus holds no objective truth anyway. I'm also not trying to use my biased opinion as grounds for any major decision, I was merely trying to give out some additional information, not justification. The risk of punishing innocents is enough for Riot to discard IP bans already. Maybe you should spend a little less time picking on random posts of mine and learn a bit about the scientific method. Edit: The funny thing is, if I had in fact said "the majority", it would have absolutely been selective perception. Dynamic IP adresses are the default in Germany, and I have little to no knowledge of how that is handled in other countries. But that's where my "intellect" kicked in and made me realize that I **do** have a selective perception bias in this exact regard and I changed it to "a lot", as I can only make a valid estimate for my own country in this regard and it would be foolish to extrapolate that limited view onto the entire world.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eU5GrQcl,comment-id=004300000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-21T23:45:05.627+0000) > > No I'm not. Where's the selection of my perception? You still don't understand that concept obviously. > I'm stating "a lot", not "the majority", not "all". I'm making no statistical statement. I'm saying there exists a number of people that is significant in my personal opinion. > > That opinion is biased for presumably a lot of reasons, but it's an opinion and thus holds no objective truth anyway. I'm also not trying to use my biased opinion as grounds for any major decision, I was merely trying to give out some additional information, not justification. The risk of punishing innocents is enough for Riot to discard IP bans already. > > Maybe you should spend a little less time picking on random posts of mine and learn a bit about the scientific method. > > Edit: The funny thing is, if I had in fact said "the majority", it would have absolutely been selective perception. Dynamic IP adresses are the default in Germany, and I have little to no knowledge of how that is handled in other countries. > But that's where my "intellect" kicked in and made me realize that I **do** have a selective perception bias in this exact regard and I changed it to "a lot", as I can only make a valid estimate for my own country in this regard and it would be foolish to extrapolate that limited view onto the entire world. The severity of your verbiage has nothing do with your biased perception genius. You said "a lot", and that's based on your personal opinion, which is based on your personal experience, which is biased based on the limited experience that you have. Therefore you build up an expectation based on that perception, and you say things like "a lot" which has no factual basis...you just perceive it that way. You couldn't possibly have experienced every situation related to IP addresses, so you have selective perception. You're proving my fucking point by the way - and that point is, using your logic, I could make the same exact argument - CORRECTLY - that every single one of your opinions and experiences are, in fact, biased and based on expectation rather than reality. And that, my young troll, is EXACTLY why it's psychobabble. I mean, even right now while reading this you are in fact EXERCISING selective perception by ignoring an opposing viewpoint (mine) because you're so fucking convinced that you're somehow right, or smarter than I am (hint: you're not). But seeing as how you're going to disagree - because let's face it, that's what you like to do - go ahead and explain to me the "rules" for applying selective perception to a situation. Another free hint: You can't. There are no rules. Cognitive biases are _tendencies of thinking_ that can be very loosely applied to human behavior. There are no hard, fast rules. And even in the "scientific" community, cognitive bias classification is controversial. But you go ahead and keep believing you're the smartest guy on the internet - I'm sure that will help you in the long run.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: > It has nothing to do with the experience that I have had BECAUSE YOUR EXPERIENCE IS WARPED Seriously, are you even listening? And examples are no proof of a rule. If I see a white raven, that doesn't mean all ravens are white, it doesn't even mean that the majority of ravens are white. And I don't back up my statistics, because I'm not the one making a claim that affects a lot of people. I'm not even making a claim about the statistics. I'm not even making the claim that your statistics is wrong, what I am saying is that your anecdotal evidence is not a valid substitute for statistics. You still don't seem to understand the concept of selective perception, because it can absolutely **not** be used as an argument for literally every other complaint on this board. In this case it even has little to do with psychology. It has to do with the fact that you are **literally** unable to perceive part of the statistics. You're not choosing to ignore it (though at this point, it seems obvious you do that, too), you're not trying to block it out, you just literally **cannot perceive that part of the very very relevant and important statistics with the methods you are using**.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dYkeQFki,comment-id=0001000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-21T23:06:07.208+0000) > > Seriously, are you even listening? Absolutely not. Your inane babble has nothing to do with the topic. 4man premades are toxic to their 5th man. End of story. Your opinion - I don't care about it. Your attempt to invalidate my point with a psychobabble "rule" that can be applied to LITERALLY any experience or opinion is categorically useless. I've read a few of your posts in other threads - you literally do NOTHING but try to beat other posters down with your selective intelligence. You don't look at things holistically and you focus on minor details that have little or nothing to do with the topic of the thread. I hate to break this to you bub, but YOU are what we Americans call an "internet troll".
Rioter Comments
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: Except a lot of people don't have to ask their internet provider. Apart from the obvious solution of using a proxy, people like me can for example just reset their router, or if they're especially lazy, they wait 24 hours so it does it by itself. [Edit: Which is where the aforementioned case of requiring zero knowledge to circumvent comes from] Dynamic IP adresses are fairly common.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eU5GrQcl,comment-id=0043000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-21T00:35:49.077+0000) > > Except a lot of people don't have to ask their internet provider. Apart from the obvious solution of using a proxy, people like me can for example just reset their router, or if they're especially lazy, they wait 24 hours so it does it by itself. [Edit: Which is where the aforementioned case of requiring zero knowledge to circumvent comes from] > Dynamic IP adresses are fairly common. How many people don't have to ask their internet provider exactly? How many routers would you say reset themselves after a 24 hour period? This is a trick question. You're applying selective perception to the argument. Therefore your point of view has become invalid. See? Works with damn near any opinion to the same level of effectiveness. How many shits do you give about my perspective right now? Maybe you should spend a little less time running around these message boards trying to beat people down with your "intellect" and go back under your bridge to snack on small children :)
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: >but it's blatantly obvious when none of them communicate anything to me except to flame/blame And it **isn't** blatantly obvious when they **don't** do that. This is by definition selective perception. You don't perceive those premades that are acting normal, so conclude all premades act non-normal. But hey, if there's no bias here, you should be able to give me the exact percentage of toxic premades. A few posts ago you claimed it was 100%, now you say there are exceptions. How many? This isn't "psychobabble" this is how making logical decisions works. You don't just make up your own statistics, apply some circular logic and act on them. You analyze; and analyzing involves being aware of biases warping your statistic.
No, it's definitely psychobabble. It has nothing to do with the experience that I have had, and that thousands of other players have had. I can back up what I'm saying with real world examples from my game history. Can you back up your statement with any statistics? I don't even care from where...your own game history, mine, na.op.gg stats. I don't care. Prove your statement or prove mine is incorrect. My "stats" are not incorrect. I am 100% positive that 100% of the 4-man premades I've played with have been toxic. Maybe someone out there has had a different experience, which is why I said I'm sure that there are exceptions. I cannot personally attest to that. Your perspective is irrelevant to the topic for a number of reasons, but the most important is this: I could use the selective perception reasoning for literally ANY complaint on these boards to attempt to invalidate the argument, and have the same level of success. Nobody fucking cares mate. It's pyschobabble because it cannot be proven without real world examples that contradict what I'm saying (or like I said, ANY other complaint on these boards if you were so inclined), and you're using an extremely general definition more inline with perceptual vigilance. That can be applied to literally ANYTHING you have an opinion of, and is therefore useless as a tool to invalidate an argument. Just because I perceive it doesn't mean it isn't happening. So how bout you go back to Psych 101 or whatever class you're taking and let them know that I personally give zero shits about selective perception in relation to my views on 4-man premades mmk?
: I have the same issue with supports. I play support _a lot_ so I see a lot less supports doing stupid crap. But let me tell you, bad junglers in this current jungler meta ruin a ton of games. You're dealing with some PTSD for certain, but I judge a jungler by their ability to advance the cause. You need to do as much or more than their jungler. And you should be taking towers in lanes, doesn't matter if the lane is winning or losing.
You're basically saying that the jungler has more impact than anyone else in the game. I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I do disagree with what your expectations for the jungler appear to be. If you feel that there are so many bad junglers, why don't you learn to jungle and show them how it's done? It's kind of a bullshit way of looking at things to say "bad junglers in this current meta ruin a ton of games...you should be taking towers in lanes even if the lane is losing". I call bullshit for the following reasons: 1. Junglers should help lanes _when possible_. When you jungle, you have 3 lanes to help with in addition to your own farm and multiple objectives. Trying to priortize that is difficult when things are going well, but is frenetic when things aren't going well. Try to focus when 3 lanes are pinging and bitching at you trying to get you to gank...which one do you go to first? 2. Laners should be fully capable of making smart decisions that keep things going in lane without assistance during the laning phase. Expect to get ganked from time-to-time, and ward. Expect roams from time to time. AND WARD. 3. If you cannot lane without constant help from your jungler, do something else. Maybe you got counterpicked. May you just suck. Either way, first and foremost you need to understand that blaming the jungler is just a cop-out. Again, if you feel like the jungler role is so vital to the game, try it. Play it full-time for awhile and then come back to this thread and tell me how you did.
: This. I know when my group is playing with a 5th man i try to be more helpful and mindful of our random since he doesn't have our comms.
Yeah I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I'm also sure that your statement is an ideological wet-dream that doesn't actually happen with your 4-man premades. I'd shit a brick if you were in a 4-man premade on discord or curse and decided to go out of your way to be helpful to the 5th man. Truly. A brick would sprout from beneath my loins. I'm not necessarily calling you a liar. I just find it very difficult to believe that if you were that guy, you'd be trolling posts in behavior moderation and downvoting posts that you disagree with.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: >So they do not act like normal players Obviously not... I mean, at least those of which you **knew** they were premade. Because I'm certain you never check whether "normal" players are actually part of a premade team or not. That's why what I asked was a trick question: You don't **notice** the 4-man premades that act like normal players. Your perception on this is inherently warped and unreliable. This is a picture perfect example of selective perception bias.
It's not selective perception. You're making a huge assumption based on my original statement. I know when I'm in a 4-man premade, but typically not until we're in game. Depending on how long a summoner name is, their group name may not show. So I know for sure I'm in a 2 or 3 man, but sometimes the 3rd or 4th don't show. There are also occasions where there are premades without the same group name. It happens occasionally, but it's blatantly obvious when none of them communicate anything to me except to flame/blame. Generally at that point, I ask them if they're premade. All that aside, this isn't a fucking class on cognitive bias. It's a thread about how 4-man premades treat people like shit. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but the rule exists. Don't attempt to marginalize something that is out there based on some armchair psychobabble.
: Being reported for not group fighting.
I'm a jungle main. As any jungle main on the boards will tell you, we get abused more than any other position/role in the game, period. Doesn't matter how well you play for most part, or how poorly your teammates play, you WILL get blamed/flamed. Top lane feeding because they're outmatched or overextended repeatedly? You didn't gank enough. Bot lane getting ganked by the hyper mobile midlane Talon? You should be camping bot. Midlane absolutely shit on because he picked a Syndra into a Yasuo? That Yasuo got 6 ganks. I got 0. It's the jungler's fault. These people bitch and moan because they either have never played jungle, or it's been so long that they have forgotten just how many responsibilities that junglers have. 3 lanes to assist when possible, 6 jungle camps with 2 pretty effective buffs to protect. 2 rift scuttlers that provide free vision. A dragon that gives team buffs every 6 min and WILL be contested. Rift Herald. Baron. Ganks. Counterganks. To put it in perspective - outside of support which has a similar type of responsibility - the laners need to worry about trades and CS. Avoiding the occasional gank perhaps. Trying to push to get their tower. That's it. Regular laners have no clue how difficult jungling can be, especially if you have more than 1 lane that is losing.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: How high would you estimate the percentage of 4-man premades that act just like every other player? (Hint: This is a trick question)
Not sure if I understand the question. 4-man premades are 100% toxic, period. Not every player in League is toxic. There is no fear of being reported in a 4-man premade. There is no fear of being flamed. So they do not act like normal players....they act like complete assholes.
Kürama (NA)
: 1. There's a mute button in-game. 2. Report them for their toxic behavior in the post-game lobby. 3. Invalid reports (them reporting you for no reason) will be thrown out by the system, nothing to worry about.
Reporting them accomplishes nothing. The point is, I don't want to play with 4-man premades. Not "how do I avoid getting a raft of shit sent my way" from the 4-man premade. The raft of shit will happen, 100% guaranteed, whether they're muted or not (can't mute them in end-game lobby for example). Again, reporting them is pointless because nothing happens - the "system" you're referring to doesn't pay any attention to a single player reporting his entire team. I would like Rito to either eliminate 4-mans, or put an indicator in champion select that lets us know when we're in queue with a 4-man...at least provide us with the opportunity to dodge...I'd gladly take a 6 min penalty to avoid the hell that is playing with a 4-man premade. If I was the jungler (as I often am), I'd likely dodge a 3-man premade if I solo-queued.
: Read the TOS. They don't owe you a thing. XD
I bet a lawyer would disagree, particularly if you've spent a reasonable sum of money on the account.
Rioter Comments
: Smite Nerf.... Really?
I have to say, as a jungle main IDGAF. If you are relying on smite to keep your HP up, maybe you should pick a lane instead. I intentionally try to do an entire clear without using smite so that I when I recall I can get red or blue smite and go wreck a laner somewhere, and have another smite left over in case of a counter gank or an immediate gank on another lane.
: There are maybe two broken Champs. One of which is lee so we should be used to it by now
You forgot Yasuo, Vayne, Vi, Shyvana, and Brand. I main 3 of those champs....trust me they're broken.
Ralanr (NA)
: Stupid idea: What if we just removed crit from the game..
Careful friend - the Yasuo mains might see this and find out where you live.
: this is what I have normally done. And now I hate that i didnt.
I have to admit - it's stupid that this a valid strategy. Riot should recognize that they're wasting the time of their fanbase. Why do so many players get placed so far below their actual MMR/ELO? Riot should fix that. How is it that games like Halo are able to individually place you amongst competitors of your own skill level so easily but Riot can't?
: So besides wasting my time what is the point of placement matches?
That's why I'm waiting a month to even start placements. I don't think it will affect my actual placement...I'll probably end up in mid-bronze somewhere. But when I finally do get placed, it'll be a month into things, and a lot of the players who should have worked their way out of bronze will be in Silver and Gold, and then I'll be able to climb as I normally would.
: I have been banned 6 times but riot could of prevented it(READ BEFORE DOWNVOTING INTO OBLIVION!)
"It's someone else's fault that I behave like a jackass." Love, Millenials
: "Okay guys, now that Victorious Maokai's been announced, we need a catchy name for the past season"
Rioter Comments
Show more

Kinetika

Level 206 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion