: Losing in TFT sucks cz you know it's not even your fault
All they have to do to improve TFT is reform or remove the shared draft. The only reason anyone tries to throw games is the draft, because 99% of the time you're looking for an item instead of a champion. They could always just implement an item shop, which would solve loads of problems.
: 7 out of 10 Provisional Games were trolled by allies
There are two major reasons I no longer touch ranked. One is the absurd amount of time it can take to climb. The other are the trolls. As a result I usually just finish my placements and stop wherever they put me. The game isn't particularly difficult to me, I usually massacre my lane opponent and end up neutering him for the remainder of the game due to how behind he'll be. The problem I run into is usually another lane feeding, while the jungler or someone else brutally flames them. Or the guy getting crushed in his lane flames the jungler. I think the knowledge that you can harm your teammates by feeding and causing losses is the problem. A lot of people who blame their teammates for not helping them get back into the game during the laning phase are content to make the game unwinnable, because it's the only option that gives them any form of control. Essentially this. He can continue to return to his lane, and struggle, and try not to die anymore, or he can feed and throw and flame and piss people off, because he can't be stopped from doing it.
CytheGuy (NA)
: Tbh I'm pretty sure I remember them saying that XP was gonna be something that could drop
I know I read it somewhere, that's why I'm asking why they went the laziest route with gold. Gold is basically worthless after a certain point.
: > [{quoted}](name=Korijenkins,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=cmAehgzT,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-07-23T01:24:55.998+0000) > > Disable trades. Would be much needed, but still I would just imagine it with people trolling around because they got Udyr or something. You know how this community is. People would give up the moment they see their and the enemies comp, and most of the time it would be justified as most ARAM games are actually decided in CS. The way the mode is designed a Rank measurement isn't needed and wouldn't work without altering the mode so much that it isn't ARAM anymore. Instead they should reward ARAM veterans with other things than a Rank for let's say some certain amounts of won games. But a competitive mode in ARAM, dunno, I would just imagine it being frustrating and taking the last bit of fun out of it.
The only way I could see them making ranked ARAM function would be if they disabled trades, and let you declare a roster of, let's say, 20 champions you would want in a pool to pick from. Otherwise a player with every champ unlocked would be at a huge disadvantage against someone who only has mages with poke and adcs.
CytheGuy (NA)
: RIOT GAMES, 1 gold =/= 1 item
XP would be a better reward. Rare champion drops? Anything?
: Kinda true, but let's be honest, it would be a toxic shitfest with people trolling because they someone didn't trade the champion they wanted, people complaining about the enemies having lucky champions more than ever and generally speaking it would just take away all the enjoyment of care free ARAM games like they are supposed to be.
: TFT 2 star and 3 star models.
I actually have this expectation that they're going to release the 2 and 3 star variants as chromas as rewards.
IcyWard (NA)
: I want to thank Riot
I just laugh at the sheer disparity of items. I'll get maybe 1 item or 2 if I'm lucky off the first rounds, and run into an opponent with 5.
: Why do you think TFT is so popular?
It's new, it has built in gambling, and you can blame RNG when you lose.
: Can we make carousel after first 3 minions......heres why.
They should just remove the carousel from the game completely and put a shop in that lets you use gold for items.
DreamerP (NA)
: The RNG of the Carousel
The picks should be done exactly the same as they are in the lobby, where each player clicks on the champ they want one by one.
: Give us tokens for playing TFT with Arcade Pass
That would impact profits, which means they will never do it!
: How would you like a random skin option at champ select?
I think this sounds like a rubbish idea. You should go back to Mordekai High and finish getting that diploma!
: I heard that Riot plans to buff towers defenses (though honestly I don’t think that shield is enough and scaling might be needed as well). I haven’t heard anything about Sion and I’ve heard people of all ranks comment on how ridiculously Tammy he gets.
> [{quoted}](name=MegaLobunny,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tzMdZKHP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-15T18:09:34.889+0000) > > I heard that Riot plans to buff towers defenses (though honestly I don’t think that shield is enough and scaling might be needed as well). I haven’t heard anything about Sion and I’ve heard people of all ranks comment on how ridiculously Tammy he gets. I don't think tower buffs are whats needed to repair the meta. Adding new items every patch and buffing items has created a mad power creep that was never addressed.
Pelopas (NA)
: I mean I've 'inted' in a few games to see how effective I could being worth no gold and having people chase/kill me to waste their time - - - For the most part either bot or top got fed off shutdown gold or I managed to push a turret or two, Rammus is pretty good at this with demolish especially with his w
> [{quoted}](name=Pelopas,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XvMLWjHW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-15T00:06:27.028+0000) > > I mean I've 'inted' in a few games to see how effective I could being worth no gold and having people chase/kill me to waste their time - - - For the most part either bot or top got fed off shutdown gold or I managed to push a turret or two, Rammus is pretty good at this with demolish especially with his w The only time I ever inted was in a game where I was 20-0 and the 4 man premade started flaming me. We were so ahead that there was no way we were going to lose, but it just bothered me that I was carrying them and getting flamed, so I fed. It ALMOST didn't work, the enemy team was down to just their nexus at one point, but it made me feel a lot better. Was it the right thing to do? Probably not, but the premade deserved it.
Lapis (OCE)
: Seriously about to quit support
If I play ADC, I'm usually just happy someone else isn't in lane when we get a kill. I really don't care about the gold, I care about setting my opponent back.
Noxxarian (EUNE)
: I concur. Post chat bans, because from what you say, the system banned you for no reason. So either there is a clear error in the system, which you need to prove, or you're lying and you flamed. Neither is certain, but we need proof.
> [{quoted}](name=Noxxarian,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=beITWMtA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-15T18:21:21.518+0000) > > I concur. Post chat bans, because from what you say, the system banned you for no reason. So either there is a clear error in the system, which you need to prove, or you're lying and you flamed. Neither is certain, but we need proof. I'd be all for this, but the entire game's chat log needs to be given to the punished player. Only giving them back their own speech allows it to be taken out of context.
: Team for Odyssey
I've found myself in the same boat. Need to get my 4 augment Onslaught run done and the pugs aren't working for me.
Yenn (NA)
: Can we nerf Jhin or remove Stormrazor? I'd rather play against Tristana than Jhin with Stormrazor
: It's hard to stop playing League, but is it even harder to start now?
I think my issue is this. When I started playing in season 3, this game was more strategic. Now the damage is so high from literally everyone except the purest of tanks that people get globaled in 2 seconds and can only live by quick reflex. And league isn't the only game like that, most games have gone that route. Getting one shot was not common in season 3, but in season 8 its a regular thing when playing against Zoe or Rengar, etc.
: The absolute worst thing about New Aatrox is that Riot will not listen to the Community
Look at what they did with Galio. They turned a tragic, sad character into a stupid jock. What do you expect?
Ifneth (NA)
: Requiring Teamwork to Contain Snowballing is Only a Partial Solution
I don't think it can be understated how important it is for people to listen to one another. Had a game that was off to a fairly good start playing mid against asol. Botlane overextends to the enemy turret, and asol ganks bot from mid within a mere 10 seconds due to his E. I warn them, he can outroam me easily with that. They do the exact same thing again. Now I'm being flamed for not roaming. The jungler ganks and dies, and top starts to feed. Even though I'm 1-2, the team is suddenly at 18 deaths. There are no options available for me to roam, nor for the jungler to gank, as top is now feeding and bot is overextending. Honestly the best way I can think of offsetting some of the snowballing is to just move to team XP like they have in Hots. It might not be as fun, it might be unpopular, but at least the botlane doing well can counteract the top lane feeding to a degree.
: Apparently, playing something off meta to have fun isn't allowed.
Have fun in normals, people want to win in ranked, and they want to feel comfortable. You playing Nunu bot or Soraka mid is just going to make them feel its a loss in the lobby. Sure, they don't know you, but I would want my teammates to feel confident going into a match.
HEG Modmr (EUNE)
: Solo/Duo Ranked
Probably because the difference in rank is too high.
Slythion (NA)
: Because giving people the freedom to dodge any games they want in their series until they find a perfect team comp is truly the preferable option haha
Whats wrong with that? Part of playing the game shouldn't have to be worrying about teammates running 5 adcs for shits and giggles.
: The real reason Climbing out of Silver and Bronze is So Had.
Its definitely the feeders. Theres nothing I can do if someone is 0-8 in lane. Nothing.
: Riot matchmaking is not working
I'm just tired of trying to climb out of silver with unranked players doing their first ranked games. Put them in Bronze V where they belong.
Rioter Comments
: League is to snowbally
The biggest issue with the game, I think, is the ability for many champions to simply walk through walls. It makes wards worthless in some cases, and makes champions who can't wall hop bad.
: How is that proof? It is completely possible to get into another game after being reported before facing a punishment. The system also doesn't make it a "don't match with this player again" check because that could be abused at higher elo.
The problem is that you run into players that you know have been reported before just by their behavior, yet you're able to witness them continue playing game after game, and occasionally even run into them again yourself. What I don't understand is why the notification for someone being punished only pops up if your report is the one that got them punished, essentially the straw that broke the camel's back. Why not just spam my notifications with confirmed punishments? Why not make me feel like I'm not wasting my time when I give a detailed breakdown of what a toxic player said/did?
Rioter Comments
Ebonmaw (EUNE)
: What did u say tho :O I wanna have some fun challenge to beat 2 players alone ! :D
"Report Janna, Recalled" Team was joking about who to report for what and why. One was to report the mid for missing ult, another to report top for warding too much. My support took the joke way too literally.
Rioter Comments
: >They need kit changes to be viable. They are viable, they're just not mandatory. They actually have *competition* in bot lane now, but they're still being picked. That said, changes to make them slightly more independent and in line with other classes would be a good idea.
Viable isn't the right word, I confess. Technically every champ is viable.
: Permabans are Stupid. Simpler Solution
I do think they should have an option to just outright disable chat. At the very least they could implement that. Keep the chat box for pings and such, but chat should have a toggle. Permabans should stay though. No reason to remove them. There are some who just deserve it.
Xyzx (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Korijenkins,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XEE00TIY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-09T08:03:11.563+0000) > > I've been playing Ziggs/Nami bot and climbed a tier and a half in a few hours. I think we lost 2 games total, winning 6 in a row at one point. > > I really don't think the issue is ADCs being weak, more that mages are stronger early and can bully them out of lane. With a duo mage botlane, all it takes is 1 snare to get a kill. Watched a few streams today, all those streamers kept saying "no adc meta" I thought it was funny af
ADCs need a lot of work right now. There are no items that will ever make the majority of them good again. They need kit changes to be viable. Theres a reason Kai'Sa is good and Tristana is bad. Edit: More downvotes please, you are all wrong and I'm right. Accept it.
: thaaaaaaaaaaats not how that works, they dont judge people based off hate and anger, they review it themselves. If there are signs of bad word play or toxicity then they get banned. If they see 9 reports for one person, they review it BY READING THE WORDS NOT THE REPORTS, then take action. If someone is reported once, the review it BY READING THE WORDS NOT THE REPORT, then take action. Riot does not trust reporters, You are innocent until proven guilty not guilty by how many people report you. thats dumb as dirt.
The only way 9 people are gonna report someone is if somebody else in the game spammed for reports on you, which is against the TOS.
IHATE (EUNE)
: i got a token bug
You played ARAM. GG.
xelaker (NA)
: Stop changing the game every 2 patches Riot
They need to stop adding new champions. Theres no more room. Rework what you have instead. There are a lot of adcs and mages that need love.
: I read this as. "i dont deserve the ban cause he started it!" Bitch. Riot gonna end it.
Theres something problematic though when a troll can just provoke someone, then report them. Thats a failure of the system.
Nhifu (NA)
: Why are there no soft punishments for leaving still?
I think an easy solution is to just put a 30 min timer on the account for the next game. Can't log out and dodge it, just have to leave the client open for half an hour. Massive LP drops are not the answer.
ZeroGenX (NA)
: why did this get me banned ? why does riot not punish obvs trolls
You brutally flamed them for making mistakes instead of trying to help them. What do you expect? I mean I've had games where the ADC didn't even know how to last hit, did I flame her? No. I've had games where our Yi was 0-12. Did I flame him? No. I asked him to split push all game because he was behind and a good distraction. It worked, and we won the game. Next game, the same player was 19-4. Would he have been 19-4 if the whole team in the previous game flamed him? Probably not. You aren't going to get people to improve by maiming them in chat. Is it okay to be frustrated? Yes. Is it okay to call out a bad decision? Yes. Is it okay to mock them and harass them over it? No. Its common sense what is and isn't right. If you can't understand that, you deserve to be banned.
Yenn (NA)
: I just started ranked after a three month break and I'm already getting intentional feeders
I've seen more of it than I would like. Not strictly feeders, but a lot of ragequitters, which is just as bad honestly. A recent game comes to mind. We had a bizarre comp including Trynd mid and Ziggs bot, something you would expect to see in a previous season. Our Xin JG decided to invade, got caught, and got out. He spam pinged the Trynd for help in a bad fight, went in alone, and died. Instantly dced. Thankfully he came back about 5 mins later and we won the game. The worse of these was in a game where I won lane, bot won lane, and our Renekton top afked. He came back about 10 minutes later, but we lost 4v5 for the whole time, and gave up drag and herald. His first item when returning? Warmog's. Despite not having the health, he rushed it. He then ignored us telling him to build health so it would work, continued to feed, and then we lost.
: maybe carry
This is pretty true. Its why I refuse to play solo lanes. Can I win mid? Yes. Will I win mid? More than I wont. Will I win mid so hard every game that I carry? Probably not. Play bot and figure out a duo that stomps the lane. Just off the top of my head, run botlane Lux/Vel and you'll win more often than not. 1 Lux Q and someone will die. Do that 5 times then rotate mid and top, get objectives, GG. If you aren't going to routinely stomp a lane, you need practice, or you're going to have to live with having a 50-55% win rate.
adnsol (NA)
: League of Leguends sucks these days
You can thank Greg Street for that. His marine science degree directed him to ruining two of the biggest games ever created.
: I just supported a Viktor as Janna in botlane
I've been playing Ziggs/Nami bot and climbed a tier and a half in a few hours. I think we lost 2 games total, winning 6 in a row at one point. I really don't think the issue is ADCs being weak, more that mages are stronger early and can bully them out of lane. With a duo mage botlane, all it takes is 1 snare to get a kill.
DanR2P (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SangreDeNoche,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yvhAOZ7a,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-09T02:59:26.917+0000) > > That's not true. I can be 8/0/16 as a jungler and still lose if my allies decide to open up a soup kitchen and feed the starving enemy with all their bounty gold. We can be even in skill but if they have a comp that's better in pushing down towers they win. The world is filled with more variables than people like you say. I agree.
> [{quoted}](name=DanR2P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yvhAOZ7a,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-09T03:26:33.276+0000) > > I agree. Obviously if your team blatantly feeds you are going to lose. But as long as you yourself aren't feeding, you have a better chance of winning than the enemy team. Why? Because if you do not feed, there are only 4 possible feeders on your team. The enemy team has 5. Thats why my strategy is what it is. Set up a kill lane in bot and farm the hell out of them. At least if top feeds I'll be able to contest the game, but if I'm behind or even with their bot, I have to rely on their fed players making mistakes.
: Unless I'm mistaken, placements draw on your performance in normals.
Its just totally bizarre to me that the matchmaking decided that a new player should be... A. Jungling. and B. Matched with high silver/low gold players Honestly I don't understand why new players don't just start at the lowest level and work their way up. Give him a match in B5, if he wins, try B4, if he wins, try B3. Thats how placements should be. Not "throw him into gold level junglers and watch him get farmed" Doesn't help that he picked shaco into Xin and got annihilated.
DanR2P (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Korijenkins,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yvhAOZ7a,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-09T02:41:41.715+0000) > > The only way to climb in this game is to play something that others don't know how to deal with. My strat is Ziggs bot with a Nami/Lux/Morg support. Having won 11 of the last 15 games, it feels like its worked pretty well. > > I don't think you're going to be able to climb in a solo lane. Either jungle or go bot and farm kills. I dont play solo lanes. I main ADC, and without another decent teammate a fed ADC means nothing.
> [{quoted}](name=DanR2P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yvhAOZ7a,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-09T02:45:20.202+0000) > > I dont play solo lanes. I main ADC, and without another decent teammate a fed ADC means nothing. Play something that isn't an ADC. Experiment with different champs in norms until you find one that consistently stomps and then go into ranked with it. If you have good games to back it up, you shouldnt run into any issues with others.
DanR2P (NA)
: Ranked League of Legends is Flawed
The only way to climb in this game is to play something that others don't know how to deal with. My strat is Ziggs bot with a Nami/Lux/Morg support. Having won 11 of the last 15 games, it feels like its worked pretty well. I don't think you're going to be able to climb in a solo lane. Either jungle or go bot and farm kills.
Show more

Korijenkins

Level 68 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion