: Why does no one speak up for others in game anymore?
I think it's just because they're scared they're going to get punished for being involved, when it really has to do with the delivery of how they're stepping in and speaking up for someone. For example, I was playing on my alt account that's only level 21. So I've been playing with a lot of lower level accounts, and new players. Our Jinx didn't know how to CS or position properly, as they were only level 15 and said they were new to the game. The Jungler and Support were flaming her throughout most of the match, and I got tired of it, so I just said: "Guys keep in mind we are in new account territory. Not everyone is going to know how to play the game. Please don't be mean, and give her tips rather than calling out every mistake she makes". They stopped after that and Jinx even picked up a few kills along the way. She was performing better because nobody was flaming her anymore. Best part, I stood up for someone and deescalated a tilting situation by being kind and not shifting blame on either party or calling the flamers names or flaming them back. It's just delivery. I try to stick up for those I see getting flamed in chat all the time, but sometimes people just don't listen, so I just advise the victim to mute and move on and pay attention to the game rather than worry about what someone on the internet has to say.
: Riot, please improve your security, like, at least send an email when our accounts are logged in to from new devices.
> [{quoted}](name=TotallyNotTommy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9bedY9sX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-24T08:38:11.227+0000) > > Riot, please improve your security, like, at least send an email when our accounts are logged in to from new devices. They’re shortly adding in a two factor authorization option.
mjcox02 (NA)
: 3rd Party program's ban- Confusion!?
Don't listen to the people who say Riot won't do anything. Riot tells you that the decision is final and there will be no appeal if they know that you're lying and haven't been hacked and still used a third party software. They use MANY tools to see if you've been hacked. I've seen a lot of people in your situation where they got hacked and banned for using a third party program, and after sending in a ticket to Riot, they were unbanned as long as they were innocent and weren't lying just to see if they'd get unbanned. If you really, truly, didn't do anything wrong, Riot will know, and the punishment will be reversed. Unfortunately due to it being the weekend the response time to your ticket may be a tad delayed, but just give it some time. You'll get an answer soon. They're adding two factor authentication in the near future so hopefully that will prevent this from happening so often to so many people.
: "not reported...cannot be reviewed" That's what I'm getting at here. I feel I was reported because my teammate Wukong wrongfully goaded the enemy team to report me, and ofc reported me himself. I think Darius might have reported me too, because I was urging him not to troll. At the end of the day, I don't think those reports were called for and in the overall positive from that game as well as my last two were severely overlooked in favor of one negative game I had.
> [{quoted}](name=Scary Bush,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IapEAgpI,comment-id=000100010001,timestamp=2019-06-19T06:44:15.465+0000) > > "not reported...cannot be reviewed" That's what I'm getting at here. I feel I was reported because my teammate Wukong wrongfully goaded the enemy team to report me, and ofc reported me himself. I think Darius might have reported me too, because I was urging him not to troll. > > At the end of the day, I don't think those reports were called for and in the overall positive from that game as well as my last two were severely overlooked in favor of one negative game I had. So... You weren't restricted for being a positive player, you were restricted for the one negative game you had. You could play 1000 games and only be toxic in one of them, and you're still going to get punished. Riot doesn't take in account your previous games before your toxic games, or the games after your toxic game. The IFS system doesn't take that in account either. The point is you were toxic for one game and you even admitted it, so you got punished for it. I have over 1,500 hours in this game and got chat restricted for ONE SINGLE GAME I was toxic in due to me having a bad streak and continuing to play rather than stopping for the night, therefore I got my first punishment. Even though all my games before I was the one getting all the "tilt proof" honors, the one who would keep the peace, etc. It doesn't matter. I was toxic, I got punished. It's good that you are being positive now, but that doesn't erase or outweigh the negative game(s) you've had in the past. You can still get back to honor level 2 if that's what you're worried about so long as you continue to be positive. Try not to say anything negative, really. At all. Only use the chat for neutral/positive behavior, or to make game calls. That way you know you can't be punished for chat-related behavior.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: 2 things, 1 bad 1 good: 1) Riot doesn't ban for DMs. 2) Here's the fun part, since he sent you an explicit death threat you can actually report him to the police which not only will get him ID banned by Riot but also into serious legal trouble! :) Have fun!
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FIqJTvdp,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-06-06T11:40:37.104+0000) > > 2 things, 1 bad 1 good: > 1) Riot doesn't ban for DMs. > 2) Here's the fun part, since he sent you an explicit death threat you can actually report him to the police which not only will get him ID banned by Riot but also into serious legal trouble! :) Have fun! Riot may take action since physical harm was threatened. They usually dont ban for DMs but there may be exceptions to that.
AkiBroPro (EUNE)
: i got permabanned
As you said you had many chances before and admit you continued to be toxic despite the warnings so sorry but that account is gone. You're free to make a new one if you want to continue playing, though I dont think itll last long if you dont reform.
Owntrolf (NA)
: You literally can get banned faster through chat than actually feeding games
Trist can jump while snared though if she times it... Just like Ezreal can still use his stupid blink move while snared as well.
Ikirisu (EUW)
: I got reported from 5 premade in enemy team because i bought wrong item in jungle so I was like let's remake then in the lobby these people just cuss on me so hard was laughing though but was it worth a report? {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
> [{quoted}](name=Ikirisu,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FLTPqvij,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-01T11:47:41.390+0000) > > I got reported from 5 premade in enemy team because i bought wrong item in jungle so I was like let's remake then in the lobby these people just cuss on me so hard was laughing though but was it worth a report? > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} You can't remake if you buy an item or leave fountain unless someone else on the team never connected. Also, nice necro.
Leroy39 (NA)
: Submit Game Dodge Tickets to Riot
This can and will be exploited especially if you're suggesting that they prevent LP from being lost in certain situations. You can screencap what's going on in champ select and submit a ticket to Riot Support if you want to report it that bad. You're allowed to do that. Dodging a game was your choice, and you lose the LP for it. I'd rather lose 3 than 17.
: I've Encountered 2 Types of Players as a Support
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YmVAHJk0,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-01T05:10:20.394+0000) > > **Reminder to everyone reading this comment or this post: "reta%%%%" is censored on the Boards, it is not censored in the chat logs automatically. For this reason, it is inferred that it is not classified as a zero-tolerance phrase. Unless something changed, players normally do not receive a 14-day ban for this language. ** > > Are you positive you've never had any prior punishments? I went through these logs 3 times in total, and unless I'm missing something, these logs don't warrant a 14-day suspension. In any case, I'd recommend filing a support ticket [(found right here)](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) if you haven't done so already. odd, I've heard of and seen people with little or no previous punishments skip tiers before because of something they did/said in game so I was under the impression that it was entirely possible to skip punishment tiers gonna have to really branch out and check for more info on that, cause that's what I've been telling people
> [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YmVAHJk0,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-01T11:22:12.709+0000) > > odd, I've heard of and seen people with little or no previous punishments skip tiers before because of something they did/said in game > > so I was under the impression that it was entirely possible to skip punishment tiers > > gonna have to really branch out and check for more info on that, cause that's what I've been telling people It is possible to go from having no punishments at all to a straight 14 day ban or even a perma in the right circumstances. If you account share it's an instant perma. If you say anything on the ZT list (I don't think the r word is on it though, that's what Hotaru was saying), use scripts, MMR boost, etc, then it's straight to a 14 day ban.
: > [{quoted}](name=Krissi2197,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jcu9uygL,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-30T14:04:10.582+0000) > > I mean I'm Plat 4 and I'm not really toxic. Plat 4 is basically gold tho
> [{quoted}](name=JungIers R Trash,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jcu9uygL,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-06-01T03:52:43.611+0000) > > Plat 4 is basically gold tho alrighty... So Im gold and still not toxic. Still pertains to the OP lol
: Is not being toxic really necessary to get high Gold/Plat?
I mean I'm Plat 4 and I'm not really toxic.
: Your company put me into 15 losses in a row and then punished me for it.
15 in a row?? I think my worst streak is 8 or 9 but 15?? Did you take breaks in between those losses? Cause the more you lose, the more you tilt, the more likely you will say stuff like that to your teammates. During my huge loss streak a few months ago I got demoted to Gold 4 after losing 5 in a row and the next game I just snapped and got a 10 game chat restriction. Now I usually try to stop if I lose 2-3 in a row, even for 15-20 minutes to cool off and do something else for a bit before I come back to playing. It really helps. Don't play while tilted, man. This stuff will happen to you.
: This is not the format of reform cards. Please copy/paste that or take a screenshot of the reform card itself.
> [{quoted}](name=Silent Gravity,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=u0AVgnX1,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-05-30T01:00:00.909+0000) > > This is not the format of reform cards. Please copy/paste that or take a screenshot of the reform card itself. That's the format when you send in a support ticket and get an automated reply from the Blitz bot.
Newbz (NA)
: Wrongfully Banned
What does your reform card say when you log into the client?
eNelms (NA)
: Tell me whats wrong with this i start getting harassed by an ezreal mid so i get a ban
Is this it? Or is there more? These seem kinda tame compared to what most bans consist of.
: People who say jungle diff
If you say it once or if someone says it once I doubt its punishable. If it's a repeat behavior though eventually they will get flagged by the IFS system and punished but I think theyd have to do it over the course of a LOT of games.
: The message that shows up in client when someone gets punished
It shouldnt matter whether or not you get a notification that the person is punished. You play with them for one (maybe two if you're unlucky) game and report them and move on. Constantly checking for a notification or seeing if they got punished isnt moving on and isnt what Riot wants you to do. Theres already proof of people getting punished daily by the amount of threads you see here. Why do you need more reassurance that the IFS is doing its job?
D4YN (NA)
: I need help to stop getting permabanned
Do you have fun playing? If the answer is no, why play in the first place? I recommend trying to either hide the chat box by dragging it where you cant see it anymore, or unbinding your enter key. If you live alone or are in a private space you can talk out loud. That helps me a lot. Hell, if I'm on a call with my gf I just rant to her about how the game is going. It's good to hear you're improving though! Good luck in your future endeavors!
Last Desire (EUNE)
: I GOT BANNED TWICE (14-DAY BAN) FOR NO REASON
That's actually an error in riots part since any future punishment after a 14 day is a perma so consider yourself lucky. I'd shape up or else you're going to lose your account for sure.
: I would like some information on why I got banned
thats kinda odd cause when I got chat restricted Blitz bot also said I was reported 5 times within the past 20 games... wonder if that statistic is even accurate? Anyway I dont think this punishment warrants a 14 day ban at all if you're telling the truth about not being punished before this. I'd request a human on your existing ticket and see if this was placed in error.
: Why doesn't muting in-game also mute in lobby?
You got into a heated 40 minute argument over an ARAM? You can always just. Leave the lobby.
: Ranked is So Balanced xd
Got out of a plat 3 promo game with a 29% win rate SILVER ONE mid and a 39% win rate g1 top. We lost.
Killumtc (NA)
: still banned pass the duration of ban
Make sure the time zone is correct. Otherwise contact riot support. Theyd be able to help you more than we can.
: So is climbing based on skill or is based on whom you get as team mates?
In my plat 3 promos I was matched with a 29% wr silver 1 (yes silver 1) midlane and a 39% g1 top. The enemy was all p4 or p3. Sometimes it is absolutely your team holding you back.
: Yuumi QOL suggestion
God yes. I was thinking about this earlier while playing her.
Rioter Comments
: lmao, ban or no ban you bought and paid for those with your money. to have them stripped from you by an automated ban process is borderline criminal.
> [{quoted}](name=PoonProdigy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=p7kYhYfy,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-27T21:36:26.024+0000) > > lmao, ban or no ban you bought and paid for those with your money. to have them stripped from you by an automated ban process is borderline criminal. You don't pay for the skins though. You pay to RENT these things. You don't own the skins, champs, etc. You pay to rent them and this is stated in the TOS.
Viridia (NA)
: I'm permabanned for this.
Viridia: no one fucking plays lulu I play Lulu :(
Sentrık (NA)
: Take me out of Gold, Riot
Threatening suicide isnt a light matter and you really shouldnt be saying things like that. If it makes you so mad either play normal games or hang up your belt for now and focus on other games. If you arent having fun what's the point of continuing to play?
NayibAV (NA)
: Can you get banned for PMs
I think unless they threaten you physically you cant really do much about it. Riot doesnt monitor PMs.
: > The reason why a first time offense doesn't trigger LPQ is because sometimes SHIT HAPPENS. I agree... In fact, in my suggestion on how to improve the AFK/Leaver problem, I suggest leaving LPQ intact as it currently stands.
> [{quoted}](name=5 Dollar Holler,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tMccABHL,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-27T15:27:08.026+0000) > > I agree... In fact, in my suggestion on how to improve the AFK/Leaver problem, I suggest leaving LPQ intact as it currently stands. Ahh my bad man. I didn't see the "in addition to" thing.
Vegito101 (EUNE)
: why there is no one responding to tickets
It takes a few days and it is a holiday weekend in NA so they may take a little longer.
: We need to do more about Leavers...
The reason why a first time offense doesn't trigger LPQ is because sometimes SHIT HAPPENS. Sometimes the internet cuts out. Sometimes there's a family emergency and they need to leave. Yes, you queue up with the intent to play through the whole game, but things get unexpectedly in the way sometimes and may cause people to leave. It happens.
: it happened to my brother where someone hacked his account and riot says they will overturn a ban (14 days) just once because of its not his fault and they had him change his password. its worth a try. it doesnt mean im a bad person for at least giving hope in a world without hope. shouldnt downvote for at least trying to help others.
> [{quoted}](name=Corrector1,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B8rzm803,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-05-27T12:38:18.293+0000) > > it happened to my brother where someone hacked his account and riot says they will overturn a ban (14 days) just once because of its not his fault and they had him change his password. its worth a try. it doesnt mean im a bad person for at least giving hope in a world without hope. shouldnt downvote for at least trying to help others. I didn't downvote, but okay. Hacking is different. They do a one time courtesy for those who are hacked because they have pretty dogshit security (please just add phone verification every time I log in, Riot!) but OP admitted to flaming and breaking the rules and Riot is pretty strict when it comes to that sort of stuff. He isn't getting his account back.
: im permanently banned is there anyway i can get my account back its everything i got...
If you admitted to breaking the rules and such then unfortunately you're out of luck and won't be getting your account back. If you're legitimately serious about wanting to hang yourself and that you have nothing else to live for because of this, I recommend trying to get a new hobby that's healthy for you. Pick up a sport. Start exercising. Draw. Write. Play another video game that isn't as toxic as League. Monster Hunter is my go-to game when I want something to play by myself that I have a blast doing. If League is the only thing you have to live for then there's a problem rooted in something far from League itself. Try to get some help if you can, and good luck in the future!
: send a support ticket if they are generous they may 'look the other way' just once. other than that its usually permanent.
> [{quoted}](name=Corrector1,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=B8rzm803,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-27T12:07:17.644+0000) > > send a support ticket if they are generous they may 'look the other way' just once. other than that its usually permanent. They never ever revert permabans unless it's done on error (which is rare). Don't give this guy false hope.
: But the game's over
> [{quoted}](name=Dingding123,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x69sjM4L,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-05-27T05:31:02.570+0000) > > But the game's over They said during a game specifically. Not after.
abca98 (EUW)
: It's kind of pathetic that people have to use such methods to win games.
> [{quoted}](name=abca98,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=x69sjM4L,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-26T20:22:34.879+0000) > > It's kind of pathetic that people have to use such methods to win games. Not as pathetic as those who enable that method to work.
: if you are winning a game and type "EZ" in chat
They're trying to get into your head and screw with your mental. Which seems to work by the looks of it.
: PSA: tilted? Stop ranking.
Idk I just got out of a rengar who was high as a kite and he did real well lol
: if an account is shared.
I think only the one account is banned because Riot wont ban any other account associated with that IP address due to the possibility of siblings etc having an account as well.
Rioter Comments
Zardo (NA)
: Toxicity also always increases on the weekends. More people drinking, more kids on, etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=g1HPUYBA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-25T19:26:29.349+0000) > > Toxicity also always increases on the weekends. More people drinking, more kids on, etc. I didnt play ranked on the weekends for this very reason but my loss streak happened during the week... it's as if I was playing on the weekend that's how bad it was.
: Lol. You’re brand new. You don’t deserve higher than bronze/iron, no matter what you “know”. Everyone who jumps straight into ranked at lvl 30 places bronze or iron unless they have prior experience. For instance, I’m plat 1 on my main account. When I level a new account and jump into ranked, I consistently get a provisional rank (meaning after 2 games of my promos) of Silver 1 or Gold 4. On my first account, I placed into Bronze 2 b/c I jumped straight into ranked when I hit 30 (this was before Iron was a thing). Dropped down to Bronze 3 before eventually climbing out. All that to say, it takes time. I wouldn’t have advised going into ranked immediately, but you did and you’ve been placed bronze now. Deal with it, b/c you’ll get the same result on any other account you make.
> [{quoted}](name=stopthesinged,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=v1ZbdAhw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-25T18:44:17.661+0000) > > Lol. You’re brand new. You don’t deserve higher than bronze/iron, no matter what you “know”. Everyone who jumps straight into ranked at lvl 30 places bronze or iron unless they have prior experience. For instance, I’m plat 1 on my main account. When I level a new account and jump into ranked, I consistently get a provisional rank (meaning after 2 games of my promos) of Silver 1 or Gold 4. On my first account, I placed into Bronze 2 b/c I jumped straight into ranked when I hit 30 (this was before Iron was a thing). Dropped down to Bronze 3 before eventually climbing out. > > All that to say, it takes time. I wouldn’t have advised going into ranked immediately, but you did and you’ve been placed bronze now. Deal with it, b/c you’ll get the same result on any other account you make. I mean I began and placed silver 5 I believe my first year playing! So it really depends on how quickly you can catch onto playing the game.
: Can I get banned for this?
1: Report rallying is punishable. Not leashing is not punishable. And for the "role stealing" is it Blind pick? Or draft/ranked? In blind pick there are no assigned roles so there is nothing to steal. If you were assigned jg in draft though and he still went jungle without asking you first then you may report the person but still calling for reports can get you restricted, not banned. 2: So you went in all chat and said that in an attempt to maybe trick the enemy team into thinking you left? I dont think that's punishable unless you actually AFK after saying that. 3: I dont see anything wrong there as long as you dont continuously argue with them throughout the entire game. Telling someone to focus on themselves isnt toxic and telling someone to 1v1 you can be seen as flaming but it's really mild and wont get you a punishment on its own.
: Hello! I would just like to let everyone here know that I got unbanned! thank you so much for making me feel better about a bad situation. I wont be using quotes anytime soon ;)
> [{quoted}](name=Fattycatt,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9B4457Gx,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-05-25T19:11:59.978+0000) > > Hello! I would just like to let everyone here know that I got unbanned! thank you so much for making me feel better about a bad situation. I wont be using quotes anytime soon ;) Congrats! I'm glad it worked out for you. Did they completely take away any punishment or did they just move it to a chat restriction rather than a ban? Regardless congrats! I'm glad you learned a lesson from this as well :)
Rioter Comments
: A chat restriction isn’t a warning though, its a punishment and an honor reduction.
> [{quoted}](name=Oswald Cobblepot,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9VRcmUJ2,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-05-25T02:27:43.669+0000) > > A chat restriction isn’t a warning though, its a punishment and an honor reduction. Chat restrictions aren't banned. This person specifically wants warnings for BANS. Chat restrictions still allow you to play the game.
Show more

Krissi2197

Level 201 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion