: Join Us Oct. 15th to Celebrate 10 Years of League
Are you ashamed of your past? Why then replace the beacon of your identity with something watered down and bland. I'd rather see the marketing team work on new commercials, like even over the super bowl. I get that you are also exploring new forms of competitiveness with TFT; however, you aren't even talking about it during competitions. So, who are you: RIOT; What do you offer: Competitive Co-Op Play for millions of gamers a day, even the female gamers; Whats Going On: Celebrating 10 years of enthusiasm by watering down the brand and pushing game modes our pro's aren't even talking about.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kroleigh,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=JhfHnKgW,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-06T20:58:09.991+0000) > > No, that is the definition of a forum. For censorship see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship > > Its ok, I don't mind googling for you. Censorship is a form of control Its ok, I dont mind thinking for you
Censorship is "don't say things like that". Forum is "say things like that, over here." When you start thinking, I'll appreciate it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kroleigh,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=JhfHnKgW,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-05T21:00:41.200+0000) > > The OP wasn't asking for censorship. They asked for moderators to control and organize the content. That is censorship lmao
> [{quoted}](name=Kanyoupipu,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=JhfHnKgW,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-06T18:33:37.156+0000) > > That is censorship lmao No, that is the definition of a forum. For censorship see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship Its ok, I don't mind googling for you.
: Switch your browser. You should have done this after the first couple of no-credits.
> [{quoted}](name=True Garen,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=c38cny9I,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-06T07:59:08.606+0000) > > Switch your browser. You should have done this after the first couple of no-credits. I didn't have the client open when I was watching. So I was unaware. I'll check again today.
Rioter Comments
Lowry (NA)
: "Your Shop"
All my offerings were relevant. I really want that zyra skin and it has the highest discount. I am electing to not purchase anything further until I hear a plan (any plan) from Riot to address ranked match making.
Zezilian (EUNE)
: Is Shyvana considered as weak champion ?
She doesn't scare me as much as a 10 min urgot, but I maintain a healthy respect for her.
: > What have you been up to? Staying busy. My role has changed, so I'm less hands-on in systems these days. It does mean I'm much busier and at my desk less .. so less time to check the boards. > Did you vote cat or dog? Dog ... always dog! > Are there any exciting things within life or Riot you can share? My dog got a new nametag made based on The Neverending Story :). He looks like Falcor so it's pretty fitting.
> Staying busy. My role has changed, so I'm less hands-on in systems these days. It does mean I'm much busier and at my desk less .. so less time to check the boards. I read in the EULA that you employ machine learning. Seems fitting to me that you design a plan for your lack... er... team to create a board monitor to either 1) auto respond to topics such as updates on your dog 2) provide a digest of threads you have historically been interested in and pre-populate with auto responses about growing moss 3) index prevailing themes from the community. /just saying I like the nametag thing. Does your dog like to have his ear scratched and wag his tongue when you do it?
y0r1ck (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kroleigh,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=JhfHnKgW,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-04-05T21:15:11.304+0000) > > It is difficult to take you seriously when you open when this type of childish statement. > > I agree with your desire to organize the boards. I disagree with not having to comport yourself to a set of standards. I'm here to rant, not to be taken seriously. Get out of this subboard if you want to take things seriously lmao
> [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=JhfHnKgW,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-05T21:58:05.894+0000) > > I'm here to rant, not to be taken seriously. Get out of this subboard if you want to take things seriously lmao Go to the bar and rant to the bar tender, use that language and see if you aren't shown the door.
Rioter Comments
: Nerf some of her OP lane opponents first though. {{champion:238}} {{champion:157}}
> [{quoted}](name=booNflesruoYnaB,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=knV68UAY,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-05T13:36:02.372+0000) > > Nerf some of her OP lane opponents first though. {{champion:238}} {{champion:157}} Improve the stuns on {{champion:89}} first. And give her wave clear.
: am i the only one eating popcorn while reading the comments?
> [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nYXA4BrN,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-05T20:35:45.245+0000) > > am i the only one eating popcorn while reading the comments? Perhaps, I am drinking coffee. Popcorn doesn't go well with my coffee.
y0r1ck (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=y0r1ck,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=JhfHnKgW,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-04-05T21:07:41.921+0000) > > _**--Removed--**_ It is difficult to take you seriously when you open when this type of childish statement. I agree with your desire to organize the boards. I disagree with not having to comport yourself to a set of standards.
: No they suck because instead of addressing the causes of angry rants, they just censor the ranters. And the boards suck because people like you are asking for more censorship
> [{quoted}](name=Kanyoupipu,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=JhfHnKgW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-05T20:54:33.759+0000) > > No they suck because instead of addressing the causes of angry rants, they just censor the ranters. > > And the boards suck because people like you are asking for more censorship The OP wasn't asking for censorship. They asked for moderators to control and organize the content.
Leetri (EUW)
: I am 100% positive you're way off base there. A lot of people wouldn't be able to play the game at all if the queue was an hour long, cause not everyone can spend 4-5 hours playing League every day.
> [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mpvBrEvI,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2019-04-05T20:27:45.766+0000) > > I am 100% positive you're way off base there. A lot of people wouldn't be able to play the game at all if the queue was an hour long, cause not everyone can spend 4-5 hours playing League every day. I don't want to play a ranked game with someone that plays an hour a week. I have ARAM for that. I will wait for a team to play a decent game.
: INB4 people come in saying that you would have to wait another 5-10 minutes for a game... I'd rather spend 5-10, even 15 minutes extra if it meant that every game I played was quality shit.
> [{quoted}](name=WinkingEmojï ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mpvBrEvI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-04T22:00:01.163+0000) > > INB4 people come in saying that you would have to wait another 5-10 minutes for a game... > I'd rather spend 5-10, even 15 minutes extra if it meant that every game I played was quality shit. Amen, brother.
Kalienor (EUW)
: > Is getting stomped on, fun? Regardless of the situation of the game, one can find pleasure in the sole act of playing. That's an extreme of the spectrum, the opposite being people not having any fun unless they are carrying and praised for that. These players are rare enough to allow surrender at 20. Ranting about these extra 5 minutes seems excessive. I can't imagine the ruckus you'll bring the day your train will be cancelled and you'll have to wait for the following for a couple more hours. You can't control everything. Not being able to surrender when you'd like is the bad part, having opponents who think differently than you and that you can outsmart and overcome is the good one. Yin and Yang. You have to deal with both as they are intricately linked.
> [{quoted}](name=Kalienor,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0V3onW9Q,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-05T19:34:36.042+0000) > I can't imagine the ruckus you'll bring the day your train will be cancelled and you'll have to wait for the following for a couple more hours. You shouldn't draw an allegory from public transportation. First it is not free (taxes + ticketing). Second, you are held captive to a schedule not of your making. Third, there is no penalty for leaving the station. Finally, settling for a later train whittling away the hours in the station is for lemmings. Sure, some people have a never say die attitude and you'll have to simply deal with that. One could say that there is an opportunity to gain some experience in playing from way behind the opponent. In a normal game, as this was, I should say that ff@15 is a reasonable request based simply on the score; the greater team, though, has a full voice in this as much as you may want to go next.
Psi21 (NA)
: Banning Champs? What part of all random doesn't include all champs (not just the ones not banned). Some ppl play ARAM to get away from the fail mode they call draft/ranked. And before you say "Oh you are just a smurf account that hates the changes because you were exploiting them. Because there couldn't possibly be anyone unhappy with the changes." Check out my Summoner Icon... and read up on how you get it.
> [{quoted}](name=Psi21,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8wvEMk7e,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-04-05T20:08:27.448+0000) > > Banning Champs? What part of all random doesn't include all champs. Some ppl play ARAM to get away from the fall mode they call draft/ranked. Wait, which players get to pick the champion they want? All Random literally means that everyone gets a random champion. You now have the ability to specify which champions you choose not to lane against.
: People keep banning all the fun champs so we end up getting garbo teams. That's no fun. I definitely vote to remove the banning from ARAM. Makes no sense to ban when you don't have preferred champ select prior, and that's not a thing in RANDOM. Open up more champs if "ARAM only accounts" are such a burden.
I dunno about all that. I find that these matches have been rather intense with this feature. I find some are lasting much longer than the norm. It reminds me of the early days of alterac valley, there is no rofl stomping going on, we all have to work together and synergize. Yes, I encounter many more dodges just to get to a match.
: Yes I know this. I carried myself out of Bronz 4 to Silver 4. Then it got harder but I reached Silver 3. But out of any unkown reason I suddenly got placed against and with teammates that in my team just walk like afk bots in the enemy jungle lvl 1 and give the enemy mind/jungle or bot 3 kills early on. Then instead of respecting their mistake they get greedy and flash after kills while having like 10% health left. Of course they die. At the end of every game there was one enemy champ that got fed up to atleast 20 kills and just carried the shit out of the game. But you would think that if this elo is full with these guys then I would get placed with one of these guys too? But no, not a single time. They are always on the enemy team :/ I main top lane and usally play against something like a Nasus that I need to hold off from farming. I know it is my job to just splitpush to inhib. But my laning opponents are smart. They stay under their tower and wait until I get ganked by 5 of their team mates or by the one that is insanly fed... By that time I either back off early enough or just straight up die :/ I usally get first blood too, so I'd assume that I can carry but I am probaly just bad and cann't :/
The inconsistency of match ups is very frustrating. Been to gold promos 2x, silver I 7 times, silver II a dozen times and currently back in silver III. I feel that I am rather consistent in earning an A or better each match. I am constantly monitoring the map and communicating with the team. My vision score and crowd control scores are always higher than anyone on any side of the map. I get that people have bad games or overwhelmed. However, it is rare that I find myself in a match where we are simply outplayed. It is usually a breakdown with two or more players - not caring, not paying attention, not playing to their level, or unaware of our win conditions. Perhaps these players didn't get the one-trick champion they wanted so they are unable to succeed. When I get into a match where everyone is firing on all cylinders, I want to re queue with them again. Not just the 1 stand out, but all of them. We had a synergy that could propel us farther than when we are just solo. It seems to me that each time you make it to promos, you get paired with unranked players, players with more than a full band below you, players that have half the levels you have, players that play champions with less than 5K xp. I feel that this is not where you want to be experimenting, I just want to get past the promos and work towards the next.
Vanra (NA)
: How would the game change if
Those three don't worry me as much as the harass from {{champion:99}} and {{champion:63}} . If my adc can't stay out of the fire, they can't farm, my lane loses. While {{champion:25}} is annoying, I can stymy her harass and allow my adc to farm. {{champion:412}} is usually predictable and I can generally thwart their plans on a gank. {{champion:555}} is only good if he is able to roam. I do my level best to punish their adc whenever he leaves lane. {{champion:12}} and {{champion:111}} are rough later on since they don't even notice our tower is hitting them. {{champion:3}} has been a creative addition to the bot lane. He is always a threat when their jg is gank happy. {{champion:161}}, {{champion:103}}, {{champion:90}}, and {{champion:45}} should not even be allowed in the bot lane - ever. I don't think adc's know what these champions do. {{champion:32}} is a great support. He always seems to land his wraps on my adc. {{champion:78}} does great once she gets rolling. {{champion:117}} is great when paired with the likes of {{champion:15}}; whom I believe doesn't get to adc enough. {{champion:43}} has great harass. That new tanky build I've been seeing might be understated.
: Relic Shield
Wow, where to start. > The problem is... you have to spend entire game begging your team for cs and it's toxic as fuck. No, you spend your time protecting your ADC; working to keep the other adc from farming. Dipping into the river to help your jg. Ward forward. And every so often use your trinket to complete the quest / heal. Alt-click your quest completion, let them all know where you are. > Or I ask someone to come with me so I can farm wave to finish my quest No, you are ALWAYS with someone working the macro objectives. You use your trinket when it is up. > so I legit had to flash to get it.. (and of course get ??? Pinged after lmao) NO. You flashed to use your trinket. That hurts the team and reduces the chance of gaining the next objective. Walk up and last hit the cannon, or wait for the next one. > they don't listen to me No. You are not in charge. You are in a cooperative environment. No one way is the absolute only way. > I want to support my team No. It seems more likely you want to carry. All that you are complaining about are not issues with Leona, the trinket or the team. There are problems with Leona: 1. mana management 2. easily poked by mages 3. No defensive, other than locket for adc There are problems with the trinket 1. heal nerf 2. fast lane phase, quest is not complete 3. losing lane, quest is not complete There are potential issues with teams: 1. not an all in comp 2. no collapse/synergy 3. fear of 5v5s All I gathered from your post was that you are gold elo, you don't understand how to play Leona or use her trinket, you don't work with your team; you command them. And you are worried to play against lower ranked opponents.
Colte (NA)
: here is why people don't know what they are doing. exp to lv.30 was reduced heavily, then they introduced missions that reward 500 exp (blasphemy!) other modes exist which is alot funner (aram,urf) so most level up through that then start getting slaughtered in summoner's rift because of lack of experience. it doesn't help that they have to play against players with over 500-2000 games played which is unfair, not to mention some players quit for years and play their first match unprepared which leads you to having 3 feeders or more every game on either side of the team. it feels anticlimactic to win or lose because of unexperienced players or inting trolls that give up on first blood or first few deaths, it's cringy seeiing some people keep playing aggressively and duel the opposing laner with double their farm with a score of 3/0/0+ what makes them so cocky that they could defeat someone with that much lead? you have to babysit these players every single game, you need to keep roaming and prevent enemies from feeding off of your kids when you have lead or else you're going to lose each and every game, this is mainly why the jungler is a good role to climb since you can gank lanes to shut down huge threats before they grow. the game was fun before all these questionable exp changes and new mode, new rune updates took place.. but oh well looks like we gotta deal with the broken game where the newer players can't learn how to play due to getting one comboed at lv.2-4 by better players. if they wanted to increase the damage to make it fast paced, they should have made a seperate mode for tournaments instead of ruining the entire game for newbies.
> if they wanted to increase the damage to make it fast paced, they should have made a seperate mode for tournaments instead of ruining the entire game for newbies. I like this idea.
Saezio (EUNE)
: +1 Seems to happen on specific champs/skins, or is it me? I own all champs and I only play aram and got skins for about 100 of em. I always "forget" to use the same ones it seems. Could be confirmation bias though
Not sure if it is specific champs, I only have about 60 skins. The 9.5 patch seemed to have forgotten them all. On 9.7 I only noticed it for Janna, but I may not have "set" hers since the last time played her.
: Why does league reset my summoners sometimes it patches?
I would like to know why it occasionally forgets the last skin you've used on a champion and revert back to the vanilla one.
Vexaeria (NA)
: A warning should be given to players every time the Instant Feedback System confirms a report.
While I don't disagree with your intention here: Be made aware of your social score card, I am curious as to why you felt you needed to go down that rabbit hole with the team. In any given match up, I am called the best or worst support ever and sometimes simply ignored. Compare, bot lane in this case, against any two games with the same jg/adc/supports on both sides. The outcomes are generally very different. Some ADC's are very aggro and enjoy a support to go all in with them, some are aggro but not map aware, some like to just sit under tower and just farm. Meanwhile, you have the same characteristics with the jg. In my case, a support main, I have to quickly gauge my team and constantly monitor the map. Even then, where I think the jg is coming in for a gank is just a "hi, Im morale support spectating you.". Sometimes, I need to keep an eye on everyone's summoners spells and mana. And if that dragon has been there more than 3 minutes, expect a gank soon - watch your back. Many times I say to myself: "ADC, you are ranged, don't be there" or "You have an ult for that". Stopping to type that out to a player breaks the rattle and hum that is rhythm of the game; it may even enrage a player seemingly not doing well - and they may have already chastised themselves that action. What I generally do is let the jg lead the charge on neutral objectives and call out their ganks (laners, too). If they aren't ganking and not setting up for neutrals, I just ward what I can. If they roam bot side beyond the river, I generally float their direction should they need help - I expect my adc to take that queue to be safe or follow up with us - this doesn't always happen and I get yelled at because he dove under the tower without me. So in the macro meltdown situations, I sigh, take my loss and evaluate what I can learn from it and then rinse and repeat. Now, when something good happens, I do pause to say gj (usually on a back). Also on that back I suggest a next focus (say rift herald). When the enemy says my name in disgust 'damn you Leona', I just grin and think 'yeah that's right, say my name.'. To be fair though, unless I am in a lull or on a back, I rarely watch chat, I am watching the mini map and my lane. I am sure that I get reported on many losses. Hell, the team is usually fighting/arguing with-in the first 10 minutes of a losing game; my silence must infuriate them. I would like to see how I the IFS regards me on those reports. What do I know though, for all I know, I could be the reason you are arguing - well not with me, but in general. I've been silver I seven times now, in my gold promos two times now and currently sitting at 0 LP in silver II.
cars3n (NA)
: “They banned my champ, let’s all report X and drop queue”
Is this a reportable offense now? Or even playing off meta? I should think not. Why then would this be an allowable action? You may have missed the second part of my suggestion. " I went on to further suggest that fraudulent reports reward the reporting players as prescribed in the EULA." My goal is to clean up game play; not create more chaos or incite a riot.
S V (NA)
: There's no link in the description and I would rather a system have just an option to report a player if the queue is dropped with recorded chat logs since I think it's a mechanic that could be abused.
The link was the thread itself, meaning one more think to gunk up the discussion board. Relying on reporting from a dropped queue means some brazen player was immediately penalized by leaver buster, and if ranked, a DKP Minus. However, if this was a 4 votes to 1 type deal, why penalize the 4 at all? Playing ranked is rough enough, support lives matters; be it bad games, soloQ mentality, uncomfortable mechanics.... Knowing you are going to be put into a rough match from champ select should be something you can avoid without the pains and prejudice of leaver buster. Just sayin'
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
noobitup (EUW)
: what a 5 000 000 mastery player thinks about his champion ( the worst champion in game actually)
Shen is not alone in this. Leona needs some attention, as well. And, unlike Shen, Leona is only reasonable in one role and requires a chemistry match-up with her adc. In a recent survey, after the release of Sylas, I was asked what I thought about the frequency of new champions being introduced. I responded that I felt that the recent new champions were the result of Riot not knowing how to maintain the older champions so they present newer, more attractive ones. Each of the new champions has made their debut in pro-play. Sylas, Zoe, and Orn appear to be mainstays, while the older champions are just fizzling out. Makes you so warm and fuzzy inside that you have the time investment, skin purchases of these out-dated and relegated champions.
iDarkWind (EUW)
: Excuse me. I seriously can understand your pain. Believe or not it happens even in higher elos, and there are and will be games where you just lost on champion select, because of your team players, picks whatsoever. However, I can't find any good reason to someone to be so hardstuck in low elo while trying to seriously improve. I don't. I find it very easly to comeback on those ranks and even literally 1vs9. I'm not telling you to "git gud", but basicly my advice is to stop looking at your team performance and start thinking only about yours and don't tilt. Also, blaming Riot for "their stupid matchamking" (wich LMAO is so fvcking true) won't help at all. But yeah, this season has been a big fiesta. I've met many players in Masters that actually have something like 40% Win Rate, I just don't get it, how is it even possible but whatever. EDIT: Yeah. I just played a game where my bot lane was Platinum 1 and the enemy Team was with 3 Diamond I, 1 Master and 1 Diamond III, meanwhile I was the only Master in my team with one Diamond I and one Diamond II. And the Diamond I was a pepega, great.
> [{quoted}](name=iDarkWind,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KtzEiviK,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-03-07T14:42:26.298+0000) > > Excuse me. I seriously can understand your pain. Believe or not it happens even in higher elos, and there are and will be games where you just lost on champion select, because of your team players, picks whatsoever. However, I can't find any good reason to someone to be so hardstuck in low elo while trying to seriously improve. I don't. > I find it very easly to comeback on those ranks and even literally 1vs9. I'm not telling you to "git gud", but basicly my advice is to stop looking at your team performance and start thinking only about yours and don't tilt. Also, blaming Riot for "their stupid matchamking" (wich LMAO is so fvcking true) won't help at all. > > But yeah, this season has been a big fiesta. I've met many players in Masters that actually have something like 40% Win Rate, I just don't get it, how is it even possible but whatever. > > EDIT: Yeah. I just played a game where my bot lane was Platinum 1 and the enemy Team was with 3 Diamond I, 1 Master and 1 Diamond III, meanwhile I was the only Master in my team with one Diamond I and one Diamond II. > And the Diamond I was a pepega, great. There is nothing to learn from games where 2 or more players afk within the first 10 minutes of your promo games. Especially if you have been collapsing, coordinating and assisting the team while controlling your own objectives. This is specifically more difficult for support mains. Get paired with a band lower (or unranked) adc and you are bound to have issues. I do think there are ways Riot can improve upon their matchmaking, they just need to set this as a priority. There are characteristics of players that can be quantified so that like minded, similar play styles or vested interests can be grouped. I've requested in numerous surveys to try this approach, I will wait with longer queue times to get a solid team. I am ok with being outplayed, outclassed by the other team - that is how you learn; though, I would prefer to be matched against players at or slightly above my team's collective elo. I've noticed that s4-s2 that the play styles and macro mechanics are very similar. With s1 and g4 the game has completely changed and it has taken me several attempts at g4, only to get back to s2, to understand the nuances of what the nuance changes are. I can only assume that g1-p4 will be the same, if I get there. However, I am counting on my team to have also had the same learning curve. Add to that, Riot has also been kind enough to provide a dozen or more 1v9 champions to the roster. You cannot ban them all, you will have to suffer through the losing game. Heaven forbid that a team gets the likes of a kayle, jax, ez, and karthus at the same time.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=WiegrafOfValor,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pVNLKpaE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-06-05T23:54:46.976+0000) > > They wouldn't last 15 minutes. Their ego makes them incapable of playing support. oh how i wish this wasn't true...
> [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pVNLKpaE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-06-06T00:38:46.915+0000) > > oh how i wish this wasn't true... ^QFT
: Champion and skin sale: 06.06 - 06.09
Fix ranked queues before asking for dough.
: > [{quoted}](name=CrestKnight,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XJ9m6fdf,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-06-05T13:04:11.077+0000) > > riots injected everyone with raw damage, if you cant 100-0 an adc/mage clearly you're worthless as a champion in todays day and age. > > (back in my day tanks used to live long time and provide cc/engage for a team) This. Gragas and Alistar used to have 2 minute fights where full teams would die and respawn and come back to join the original fight. A component to people stating tanks feel weak is a relative one to how they held up in the past for duration, not simply their win rate. The more telling statistic would be to look at the average team fight time duration from season to season. That is the impact on nerfs to tanks and buffs to penetration, lethality, AP itemization, crit builds etc. Static Shyv wasn't a thing in the past. There was no Thunderlords free spike damage for three attacks/spells etc. Maokai pre overhaul was a good example of a classic tank kit style that was the 'never say die' mentality. The reason Alistar isn't played or not meta anymore is they gutted his tank stats and ability to in-fight hp spam regen via itemization. If tanks were alive and well you'd see a ton more of them bot lane (Leona, Braum, Alistar, Taric, Nautilus, Maokai, Shen, etc.) You don't and that's because they are subpar. I've got like 7-8 straight wins on Fiddlesticks support to get me into Platinum. Odd because I don't even main support typically. But in the past Fiddle E - Crow ping pong, wasn't a viable way of hurting tanks like Alistar. They'd just shrug it off and your mana couldn't keep up with their regen/base stats. This season, nobody plays tanks bot lane and it's very easy to E-spam the daylights out of opponents, even Thresh and Blitzcrank until they can't fight back and have to recall. Leona is probably the one most capable as a tank to slide back in, but she forces all-in's and that leads to unreliable results. Much safer to hook from ranged or spam AP damage from range, hence Vel'koz, Fiddle, Karma, Brand support being more popular. Plus half my games I'm one of the highest damage outputs as a support champion with cc. It's hard to justify playing a tank when they can't engage safely and absorb more damage than they do currently. I don't expect Riot to shift top lane tank items for more early shielding as they don't want prolonged fights. But maybe an improvement for tank support items that generates a shield when out of combat similar to Malphite's passive so that they could at least walk up and last hit a minion for shared gold without predictably eating damage in turn for it. It would be nice to see something done with Alistar. He's a fun champion model but it may be better for his heal to be completely removed for a more active fighting/shielding ability. He's a classic champion that hasn't aged well and needs a lift.
> [{quoted}](name=Thistlemin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XJ9m6fdf,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2017-06-05T17:10:32.067+0000) > > This. Gragas and Alistar used to have 2 minute fights where full teams would die and respawn and come back to join the original fight. > > A component to people stating tanks feel weak is a relative one to how they held up in the past for duration, not simply their win rate. The more telling statistic would be to look at the average team fight time duration from season to season. That is the impact on nerfs to tanks and buffs to penetration, lethality, AP itemization, crit builds etc. Static Shyv wasn't a thing in the past. There was no Thunderlords free spike damage for three attacks/spells etc. > > Maokai pre overhaul was a good example of a classic tank kit style that was the 'never say die' mentality. The reason Alistar isn't played or not meta anymore is they gutted his tank stats and ability to in-fight hp spam regen via itemization. If tanks were alive and well you'd see a ton more of them bot lane (Leona, Braum, Alistar, Taric, Nautilus, Maokai, Shen, etc.) You don't and that's because they are subpar. > > I've got like 7-8 straight wins on Fiddlesticks support to get me into Platinum. Odd because I don't even main support typically. But in the past Fiddle E - Crow ping pong, wasn't a viable way of hurting tanks like Alistar. They'd just shrug it off and your mana couldn't keep up with their regen/base stats. > > This season, nobody plays tanks bot lane and it's very easy to E-spam the daylights out of opponents, even Thresh and Blitzcrank until they can't fight back and have to recall. Leona is probably the one most capable as a tank to slide back in, but she forces all-in's and that leads to unreliable results. Much safer to hook from ranged or spam AP damage from range, hence Vel'koz, Fiddle, Karma, Brand support being more popular. > > Plus half my games I'm one of the highest damage outputs as a support champion with cc. It's hard to justify playing a tank when they can't engage safely and absorb more damage than they do currently. > > I don't expect Riot to shift top lane tank items for more early shielding as they don't want prolonged fights. But maybe an improvement for tank support items that generates a shield when out of combat similar to Malphite's passive so that they could at least walk up and last hit a minion for shared gold without predictably eating damage in turn for it. > > It would be nice to see something done with Alistar. He's a fun champion model but it may be better for his heal to be completely removed for a more active fighting/shielding ability. He's a classic champion that hasn't aged well and needs a lift. I think you might be onto something here. I am not as concerned about what I could do with a tank 4 years ago; however, I am concerned with how I can contribute to the team today. I believe tanks should be the center piece of every incursion that doesn't involve an assassination attempt. Assassin's should not consider engaging a tank that has a heartbeat. Tanks should provide ground cover (constant unmitigated damage) while holding the enemy at bay (cc). They should be the first ones in and the last ones out of a planned conflict. Tanks should be horrific opponents of structures while their team is responsible for getting the tank to those structures. When left alone out in the open, a tank can hold their ground for a long time against the enemy team; however, they are no match for the combined firepower of his opposition. He needs to be in a group. Tank on Tank battles should be entirely skill match ups. Tanks should only solo lane when their counterpart is also a tank as they will lose out on both cs and healthpoints over time. What would be nice is when you declare yourself as an assassin, a mage, an adc, a bruiser or a tank, that you are actually required to play your role. Purchased items should not morph you into something you are not. Leona engages by surprise shouldn't have catastrophic consequences. Malphite ults in shouldn't leave the enemy team at half health. Alister should be able to soak tower damage, apply damage to the tower, and even knock people around - but not kill them. Thresh should be able to lantern his entire team to wherever he is going to land a hook. A support mage should not be able to poke out a support tank during the lane phase, they should nullify each other.
: 100 million players and STILL Riot can't get anyone to actually want to play support. . . .
> [{quoted}](name=Embertine,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=FJX3pAE8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-06-05T13:29:40.967+0000) > > 100 million players and STILL Riot can't get anyone to actually want to play support. . . . Because 99,999,992 players dog the shit out of supports for not anticipating a dumb ass jg gank that never comes or a impatient adc who's ult timer just popped. Or, perhaps it is because Riot waits until support mains queue up to pair them with their "problem" children. To add a little spice, auto fill these "problem" children into roles they don't play so they can QQ and rage quit. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: I'm obviously a fan:-p. I think the rest of the PB team is also excited about getting it released so they can sleep:-).
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4J9ov7Nz,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2017-05-30T22:05:00.614+0000) > > I'm obviously a fan:-p. > > I think the rest of the PB team is also excited about getting it released so they can sleep:-). I still think that Ribbons are a myth. Fake news. I am eager for the new honor system, I'd like to see people get it.
Rioter Comments
Wuks (NA)
: Client Feedback is something that is extremely important to the Riot Development teams, especially right now during this post-transitional period. The Client Feedback sub-board isn't gone; it's just in a different place. You'll find it in the last group in the left-hand menu, under "Support & Feedback". We thought it was important to be able to find sub-boards more easily, so we worked with the Admins to group most of the technical sub-boards in one place. We'll be clearer and more transparent with our changes through this sub-board moving forward. Thanks for your feedback!
> [{quoted}](name=Wuks,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=jpXVpZYc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-05-12T14:22:10.317+0000) > > Client Feedback is something that is extremely important to the Riot Development teams, especially right now during this post-transitional period. The Client Feedback sub-board isn't gone; it's just in a different place. You'll find it in the last group in the left-hand menu, under "Support & Feedback". We thought it was important to be able to find sub-boards more easily, so we worked with the Admins to group most of the technical sub-boards in one place. We'll be clearer and more transparent with our changes through this sub-board moving forward. Thanks for your feedback! Thanks Wuks. I do see now that you point it out. I have to admit it was lost in the noise.
Rioter Comments
kasfas (NA)
: I'm not waiting more than 2 patches for tanks to get buffed.
Put the burn from {{item:3068}} onto {{item:3025}} call it frost fire and leave the slow and that would allow my {{champion:89}} to build either {{item:3742}} or {{item:3143}} .
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Kroleigh (NA)
: Another S, No Key, No Chest
This is how it has been working, at least until March of this year.
Show more

Kroleigh

Level 239 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion