: Is the new meta actually fun or terrible?
As an ADC player, this meta blows ass.
: Complaints about Current Bot Lane Meta
Nah diversity is fine, but if you're going to make EVERYTHING viable in bot, except like 80% of the ADCs, then yeah its lame as fuck.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Krytoric,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E4N4jAiP,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-17T11:39:09.797+0000) > > LCS has never been more boring 106 picked champions in patch 8.11 from 44 in patch 8.9 sure
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E4N4jAiP,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-17T16:05:15.911+0000) > > 106 picked champions in patch 8.11 from 44 in patch 8.9 > > sure more champs picked doesn’t automatically mean more fun LOL there’s been games with 3 supports picked, so there’s literally nothing happening around the map.
: > [{quoted}](name=Krytoric,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=h9kfx0l6,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-06-17T12:14:02.121+0000) > > - This shit literally doesn't even exist in this system, the new system you're making is just adding problems, and its dumb as hell. > > ------------------------------------------ Yes it does. People can duo queue with both selecting a particular role as primary and then trade for the guy who better at that role while the other fills whatever the other one got. > - This doesn't even make any sense, the grind to get an overall good rank is fun, that's where the ranked enjoyment is. We want to climb to our "peak skill" overall, not in just a couple positions. Regardless of if it wont take as much time as we think, it'll still take a lot more time. > > ------------------------------------------ Absolute opinion. And I disagree with you. Don't speak for other people in terms of 'fun' if you can avoid it. > "Imagine you're a Gold mid main. If you decide to go play a new position like top, matchmaking will look at your MMR in mid and other positions to estimate your initial skill. That means instead of getting put into a Bronze game, you'll likely play a Silver game." - So if im a Gold ADC, and i go do mid lane in normals for a month, ill go against people who are worse than me, in a role i know well? Good shit Riot. I literally don't understand what you're trying to convey here. Are you saying normal and ranked MMR should be linked? Because they are not right now. So yes, if you practice in normals and improve at the game then go back to ranked yes, you will play people below your current skill level. > "We're adding a mechanic called splashing, which reinforces how every game reflects your skill while preventing abusers from ruining off-position games. It works like it sounds: At the end of each game, you'll splash some LP to your other positions based on your normal gains and losses for the position being splashed to" > > - This is literally just a worse system than we have now. If i main ADC and i get filled to Top then we win somehow, i get LP for a role i dont play and as high as 6LP for my main role? So instead of getting 20+ LP for the win, i really only get 6LP that i care about. It's an anti-abuse measure. Also, it means that if you get autofilled to an off-role and don't win you don't lose 20 lp in your main role. Assuming, of course you're getting 20 lp win/loss. Because they do adjust gains based on mmr relative to ranking. > "We believe positional matchmaking and ranks can give you fairer games and meaningful ways to challenge yourself. At the same time, we heard an important piece of feedback from you that we agree with: Win or lose, every game reflects your skill and needs to matter regardless of the position or champion you're playing" > > -- No one care about positional matchmaking, we want to be able to pick our roles, play them and have an overall rank. The second part of this point, is saying that you're going to keep the system we have now, but make it worse and more complicated. Once again, speaking for others. See below, no point writing twice. > As i said, i have literally not heard a single good thing about this ranked change. It over complicates shit, its unwanted and definitely not needed. I would respect this change if it made ranked like team builder, if you could NEVER get autofilled and you could only select one role at a time, then this shit makes sense. But overall there's too much going on to make this be a good change, i literally couldn't imagine a worse change for ranked. Also, what the hell is up with Riot constantly making HUGE changes that no one wants? You dont need to reinvent the game every 6 months. This game gets further and further away from the game i fell in love with every time there's a major update. People complained about the ranked system, but this is just making every possible thing worse. > > Please Riot, for the love of god PLEASE listen to the community and do something smart - scrap this shit idea and let it die. I prefer the upcoming system and it simply makes more sense. It honestly should have been implemented immediately once they allowed players to queue for roles instead of it being first to call and, more pragmatically, first in pick order. You could be a 'mid main' then too, but that certainly didn't mean that you wouldn't get forced into other roles. Just like autofill does. What exactly is the issue here other than 'I don't like being told up front what I'm likely going to be playing'? And you could always ask to swap in both cases. Not a guarantee but it's still on the table.
> [{quoted}](name=Shiki Ryougi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=h9kfx0l6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-17T12:40:05.138+0000) > > Yes it does. People can duo queue with both selecting a particular role as primary and then trade for the guy who better at that role while the other fills whatever the other one got. > > Absolute opinion. And I disagree with you. Don't speak for other people in terms of 'fun' if you can avoid it. > > > I literally don't understand what you're trying to convey here. Are you saying normal and ranked MMR should be linked? Because they are not right now. So yes, if you practice in normals and improve at the game then go back to ranked yes, you will play people below your current skill level. > > It's an anti-abuse measure. Also, it means that if you get autofilled to an off-role and don't win you don't lose 20 lp in your main role. Assuming, of course you're getting 20 lp win/loss. Because they do adjust gains based on mmr relative to ranking. > > Once again, speaking for others. See below, no point writing twice. > > I prefer the upcoming system and it simply makes more sense. It honestly should have been implemented immediately once they allowed players to queue for roles instead of it being first to call and, more pragmatically, first in pick order. You could be a 'mid main' then too, but that certainly didn't mean that you wouldn't get forced into other roles. Just like autofill does. What exactly is the issue here other than 'I don't like being told up front what I'm likely going to be playing'? And you could always ask to swap in both cases. Not a guarantee but it's still on the table. First point, they said they’ll be punishing if you swap roles too much. I’m the current system, it places you in games cause of rank / MMR, so you can switch but the people will still be around your skill level. In the new system, it’ll put you against worse opponents, but if you switch roles, you’ll get less LP cause they matched you with worse people, and you played your main role. We don’t have that right now. Second point, that should be everyones point of ranked. What’s the difference between ranked and normals? Ranked is about winning, playing in a competitive setting and improving while having fun. Normals are about fun. The new system gets in the way of that because it forces you to not get immediate results, let’s say you play 100 ranked games, about 60-70% of the time you get your main role, other times are off roles / auto fill, that means in about 30-40% of your games, you don’t really get that competitive setting, the same LP gain, and you don’t get to improve your actual rank. Third point, Riot said “if you’re a gold mid laner and get filled top, you’ll play against silvers” so if you main mid, and practice an offrole in normals, you’ll be able to go into ranked and stomp people you’re better than, instead of still being at the same level as they normally are. Fourth point, it’s an anti-abuse measure that punishes people for a system they’re changing. If i play a 50min game as an auto filled top, i don’t give a fuck about “splashed” LP, i want my full LP because i earned the win. Fifth point, i don’t care about being auto-filled, it sucks but in ranked the incentive to win is that you get LP, your rank gets a little higher, and you’re grinding to the next rank. With this new system, getting auto filled / in an off role means you’re more or less wasting a game. As an example, today if i win 5 games, 2 were offrole, 1 was auto fill, 2 were main role, i would get 100LP. With the new system, exact same thing but i would get 40-50LP in my main role. Half the LP, for the same amount of work. The problem isn’t about how the game will be played, it’s about how the reward is getting changed. I personally like how it is now, you should be a set rank and that’s it, because if i’m a Platinum player, i’ll be a Platinum player in every role. But with this new system, if i want to play jg for a game, the game means literally nothing to me, it becomes as important as a normal because i won’t actually progress in a meaningful way.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=OtterlyLost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E4N4jAiP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-17T07:48:27.823+0000) > > Like maybe not ruin an entire class of champions? What a novel idea. > > I'm not even really playing the game. It's just not enjoyable to play my favorite champs so theres no motivation to even play the game. They did such a good job alienating the entire ADC main membership. I'd honestly like to see the statistics from riot and know how many players they lost and/or how many have just flat out abandoned the role as a lost cause. Especially since their buffs on the PBE are garbage *Like maybe not ruin an entire class of champions? What a novel idea.* Ah yes and yet the ADC mains will cry whenever any assassin is remotely good. ADC has been the only picked role bottom, it was time to actually get rid of this stale meta.
> [{quoted}](name=ankoanko19,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E4N4jAiP,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-06-17T11:33:00.887+0000) > > *Like maybe not ruin an entire class of champions? What a novel idea.* Ah yes and yet the ADC mains will cry whenever any assassin is remotely good. ADC has been the only picked role bottom, it was time to actually get rid of this stale meta. This meta is stale af. LCS has never been more boring, the games have never been so snowbally, ADC is so bad, people just pick anything BUT adc just to play the game. Some ADCs needed nerfs, but they didnt need to kill the entire role and the lane.
: If I was a rioter, I’d never communicate through Boards. Community sucks
I think a majority of the flame is unjustified. But, its annoying that we're all left in the dark. A game is nothing without its players, and the players are begging for the game to change back to how it was, bringing up GOOD points (shit like everyone being able to 1 shot and towers being beyond useless) and asking questions, Riot ignored literally every single one of them, but they comment on shit like "why would anyone pick a rock type pokemon" The boards wouldn't be as aids of a place if there was actual discussion happening. But after 1000s of posts saying "Damage is too high" or "Towers blow pls buff" we get ignored and the EXACT opposite happens, towers recently got a nerf and damage across the board has continued to go up. I love Riot, but they're being dumb as hell and i think some of the blame should be placed on them as to why the boards (and the game) are in such a trash place.
: > [{quoted}](name=Krytoric,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=002e0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-16T09:15:56.274+0000) > > Plat last 2 seasons tho boosted
> [{quoted}](name=TankKingPrime89,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=002e00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-16T16:37:22.245+0000) > > boosted thats what im sayin dude
: > [{quoted}](name=Krytoric,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=002e00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-15T02:21:37.164+0000) > > Every single one of them is better than you, so i think ill listen to them. Must be why you stink like a bronzie.
> [{quoted}](name=TankKingPrime89,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=002e000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-16T03:47:17.031+0000) > > Must be why you stink like a bronzie. Plat last 2 seasons tho
Ray 701 (EUW)
: What is Riot's opinion on players saying damage is too high right now?
Their response is just doing random shit. "Damage is too high, we want nerfs on pretty much every champion, buffed towers and a better ranked system!" - Everyone "What about this new emote system literally no one has ever asked for ever! XD" - Riot
: I want tanks back :c
imo tanks are completely fine, everything in this game does way too much damage, unless you're playing a tank lol.
: {{champion:18}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:202}} are all in the dumpster. The only viable ADCs are {{champion:81}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:236}}.
> [{quoted}](name=Colton147,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MYEuulge,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-14T23:34:43.847+0000) > > {{champion:18}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:202}} are all in the dumpster. > > The only viable ADCs are {{champion:81}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:236}}. downvoted for being right btw
: > [{quoted}](name=Krytoric,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=002e000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-14T07:57:04.038+0000) > > Pro players are saying exactly what i'm saying. Gonna listen to them more than some rando that thinks they're right OMEGALUL. NA "Pro Players" are garbage.
> [{quoted}](name=TankKingPrime89,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=002e0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-14T17:49:23.013+0000) > > NA "Pro Players" are garbage. Every single one of them is better than you, so i think ill listen to them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Krytoric,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=002e0000,timestamp=2018-06-14T02:02:06.270+0000) > > That's not true at all though. If it was "up to the player" everything in the game would have the exact same amount of strengths and weaknesses, every play style would be viable, everything anyone does would still be able to have a positive impact on the game - which isn't how it is lol. > > There is no "using your brain" when you use 1-2 abilities to kill someone, there is no "using your brain" when riot practically publicly executed all ADCs and shield supports. This game is the most brainless its ever been. Use your brain more. No excuses.
> [{quoted}](name=TankKingPrime89,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=002e00000000,timestamp=2018-06-14T04:23:05.071+0000) > > Use your brain more. No excuses. Pro players are saying exactly what i'm saying. Gonna listen to them more than some rando that thinks they're right OMEGALUL.
Yenn (NA)
: Just lost a game because my own minions blocked me in a triangle at level 3, what the fuck is this?
Not to plug my stream or anything, but i know how you feel. (if you end up watching, watch your ears) But even tho i misplayed HARD cause i auto'd the minion, i had literally one minion stand in my way for 2+ seconds lol. https://clips.twitch.tv/LitigiousGeniusMochaPeteZaroll
: Your points are invalid. Riot only provides the game. Its up to the player to decide how they want to play it. You're blaming Riot for players not knowing how to adapt using their brain which is the fun part of video games.
> [{quoted}](name=TankKingPrime89,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=002e,timestamp=2018-06-13T18:40:16.438+0000) > > Your points are invalid. Riot only provides the game. Its up to the player to decide how they want to play it. You're blaming Riot for players not knowing how to adapt using their brain which is the fun part of video games. That's not true at all though. If it was "up to the player" everything in the game would have the exact same amount of strengths and weaknesses, every play style would be viable, everything anyone does would still be able to have a positive impact on the game - which isn't how it is lol. There is no "using your brain" when you use 1-2 abilities to kill someone, there is no "using your brain" when riot practically publicly executed all ADCs and shield supports. This game is the most brainless its ever been.
: Botlane and the game in general has never seen this much diversity in a long time.
I'm fine with other shit being able to be played bot, i hate that they made ADC so bad that its pretty troll to pick them. I wish that they made everything viable rather than murdering an entire role.
Krotux (NA)
: ADCs Need To Adapt
Everything in this post is so wrong it hurts lmao.
: For me its not about "failing to adapt." Its that my champions are just not worth playing. .-. They're not worth playing anywhere. Their powerspike is literally 10900 gold and this is if you build Stormrazor, Statik Shiv, IE, and Greaves. It takes 10900 gold to be *maybe* half a champion. Maybe. If you just opt to go straight for crit then Shiv, RPC, IE, and Greaves will run you 10600 and you're actively wasting stats at that point; you're gaining 60% crit times 2 coming out to 120% crit. That means that you're wasting 20% crit and, in turn, wasting gold. 30% crit by itself is 1800 gold; That means that every 10% of crit is worth 600 gold, which means by going over the 100% crit cap by 20%, your build will waste 1200 gold. So not only are Crit builds far too expensive for ADC's to legitimately scale into the game with, but they're not even gold efficient builds because the way new IE works means you're wasting 1200 gold. If not for the fact that the AS/Crit Items have other, meaningful passives, it would almost be more gold efficient to build an IE, Shiv, and Zeal and just sit at 90% crit for the rest of the game. It would mean you're not burning an extra 1200 gold for stats you can't make use of. I suppose an option could be transitioning away from Shiv/RFC for Runaan's/Phantom Dancer but you're still wasting 1200 gold in stats. There is no "adapting" that needs to be done. There is nothing that ADC mains themselves can honestly do; their champions feel bad to play, feel bad to build, and feel bad in the game. Not only that but it *feels* bad to be an ADC main because, from our perspective, the community hates us, Riot doesn't clearly care, and it feels like we're being forced out completely and made obsolete. And finally, as an ADC main, my issue with the ADC changes was *never* because Bruisers/Mages/Tanks/Skirmishers were bot. My issues with the ADC changes have and always will be that they made my class, the champions *I* personally enjoyed, useless and awful to play.
> [{quoted}](name=OtterlyLost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LAuvRKAd,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-06-13T00:32:55.837+0000) > > For me its not about "failing to adapt." Its that my champions are just not worth playing. .-. They're not worth playing anywhere. Their powerspike is literally 10900 gold and this is if you build Stormrazor, Statik Shiv, IE, and Greaves. It takes 10900 gold to be *maybe* half a champion. Maybe. If you just opt to go straight for crit then Shiv, RPC, IE, and Greaves will run you 10600 and you're actively wasting stats at that point; you're gaining 60% crit times 2 coming out to 120% crit. That means that you're wasting 20% crit and, in turn, wasting gold. 30% crit by itself is 1800 gold; That means that every 10% of crit is worth 600 gold, which means by going over the 100% crit cap by 20%, your build will waste 1200 gold. So not only are Crit builds far too expensive for ADC's to legitimately scale into the game with, but they're not even gold efficient builds because the way new IE works means you're wasting 1200 gold. If not for the fact that the AS/Crit Items have other, meaningful passives, it would almost be more gold efficient to build an IE, Shiv, and Zeal and just sit at 90% crit for the rest of the game. It would mean you're not burning an extra 1200 gold for stats you can't make use of. > > I suppose an option could be transitioning away from Shiv/RFC for Runaan's/Phantom Dancer but you're still wasting 1200 gold in stats. > > There is no "adapting" that needs to be done. There is nothing that ADC mains themselves can honestly do; their champions feel bad to play, feel bad to build, and feel bad in the game. Not only that but it *feels* bad to be an ADC main because, from our perspective, the community hates us, Riot doesn't clearly care, and it feels like we're being forced out completely and made obsolete. > > And finally, as an ADC main, my issue with the ADC changes was *never* because Bruisers/Mages/Tanks/Skirmishers were bot. My issues with the ADC changes have and always will be that they made my class, the champions *I* personally enjoyed, useless and awful to play. Holy shit this. Literally everything you said is spot on.
Rioter Comments
Azadethe (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Krytoric,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=0013000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-13T00:04:14.276+0000) > > If there are, i hardly ever get them. Even if the score is close, the game isnt. > > And everyone has games where they get insanely good KDAs, everyone has games with bad KDAs, we're all very proud of you. > > Yeah all my good KDA games on assassins like Jinx, Ezreal, Singed, Darius, Xin, Brand and Red kayn? lmao. More like {{champion:141}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:245}} . And I'm going through your ranked games.... You almost always queue with a duo in ranked (the little ranked than you play). You both either do well, or you both don't. Have you ever considered that maybe one of you is tilting the other after a stressful game? You're more common to have lopsides if your partner and you are both tilted. I've given up on one or two of my duos because they have a short fuse for high performance. After a game or two they expire, and are directly at fault for a Promo series etc going bad. Then I can't play with them for a week or two while I carry myself. I think because you play so many Normals though, your exposure and opinion on game balance is tilted toward that environment where every game is over at 15 minutes because some of them don't care about winning a Normals game. I see a TON of 15-20 minute surrenders. You play it out in ranked. I can have a game start bad too. But my end scores tend to be pretty even, because I can at least put my team back in the game. But I never surrender. Ever.
> [{quoted}](name=Azadethe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=00130000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-13T01:45:50.979+0000) > > More like {{champion:141}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:245}} . > > And I'm going through your ranked games.... You almost always queue with a duo in ranked (the little ranked than you play). You both either do well, or you both don't. Have you ever considered that maybe one of you is tilting the other after a stressful game? You're more common to have lopsides if your partner and you are both tilted. I've given up on one or two of my duos because they have a short fuse for high performance. After a game or two they expire, and are directly at fault for a Promo series etc going bad. Then I can't play with them for a week or two while I carry myself. > > I think because you play so many Normals though, your exposure and opinion on game balance is tilted toward that environment where every game is over at 15 minutes because some of them don't care about winning a Normals game. I see a TON of 15-20 minute surrenders. You play it out in ranked. > > I can have a game start bad too. But my end scores tend to be pretty even, because I can at least put my team back in the game. But I never surrender. Ever. Uhh theres one Ekko game, 2 Zed games and yeah i like Kayn as a bruiser lad. And i haven't been doing ranked that much cause of a reason literally in the post. I play ranked when friends wanna try hard for a bit, i could solo queue for 10 hours a day, but i dont feel like thats as fun as it used to be. I will say this tho - almost every ranked game i had, was decided by the 10-15 min mark. Because the game is literally no different in ranked vs normals. Normals is a less stressful environment, but literally nothing else changes. Also idk if op.gg is messing up, are you unranked and were only s2 last season?
: Watch this post get ignored by rito as well, just like he talks about in the second to last paragraph lmao
> [{quoted}](name=Yoru No Ikimono,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=0021,timestamp=2018-06-13T06:15:39.471+0000) > > Watch this post get ignored by rito as well, just like he talks about in the second to last paragraph lmao 100% correct LOL a rioter commented on their own champion release teaser, but not the highest rated thread for 2 days straight :thinking:
HercaZ (EUNE)
: BS... There will always be those who leave and there will always be better games, games that people want to try etc.. RIOT knows that too... Its inevitable, so they simply can not invest their time and effort on something that is inevitable... On those who will leave if not today then 2 days later.. This is not how business works.. This is not pay-to-play if it were, then the things would be different.. Thinking about the constant cries about early snowball of certain champions I can fully agree only on one thing - too weak towers. This leads towards the point where 1 ACE at 20min mark leads towards the game loss. One mistake in the beginning and it is pretty much it.. And mistakes are bound to happen when there are teams made out of 5 random people whom skills are different.. Everything else regarding "champs deal to much dmg", "cant counter assassins", "early snowball", "adc double shot me" etc problems occur because of the lack of experience... Each time I play a game I see people building same builds on the same champions without any consideration on what they are facing at the lane.. Cmon is this how strategy game works? this is BS, and these people complain afterwards that they lost the lane... This is 90% of those cry babies who cant think out of the box and only fallow one build they know... Despicable.. All this occur from the understanding "how the game should work" everyone of us know that there are top mid bot and jungle lanes. Everyone of us knows that top "must" have teleport as summoner skill, everyone of us now that "cloud drake is not worth the time, while flame drake is the best" everyone of us know that "farm is the most important" etc etc... Well guess what, these are the false news that are floating in the air and everyone are obsessed on these "IDEAS" on how the game should be played and this leads to towards where we are at the moment. Here is example of a simple problem recently discussed a lot: "ADCs deals so much damage that if you land a first hit in 1v1 then you win the fight.." And why is that, just because each champion has the same build concentrated on maximum damage output.. Same build facing same build, fair outcome - the first one wins.. Yet people cry, because they think that there is only way to build their champ and there is only way to play that champ. So in my opinion 90% of current cries here on boards are due to the fact that people think that build is what makes you win.. And if you dont fallow certain build path - you will lose. Which is complete nonsense in the first place, because the game is strategy type game.. Did you really complain about {{item:3060}} and {{item:3512}} I mean really? Even after they reduced item CDR? in the not so distant past there was Red warding item which gave 15% reduced active items CD, with that item there was a possibility to place one ZZ portal and then the another one next to it while the first one was still ~30s away before disappearing.. No one complained... Now what are you talking about I cant understand.. What really amaze me is that after all this time these items are available, only now there is so much hate towards them and that is because only now someone actually used these items to make a decent fast push and only know others finally understood importance of these items... People you are really amazing, bronze players used these freaking items since 2 years ago, the moment they appeared and no one actually complained about them because they knew how to use them. How about this item {{item:3056}} turret block for 3sec.. ? Another one "cheat item" ? that no one build, just wait until someone use it more often and we will have 100 more posts about how imbalanced this item is... From all these whines all I see is lack of skill and knowledge...
> [{quoted}](name=HercaZ,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=0026,timestamp=2018-06-13T10:11:19.854+0000) > > BS... > > There will always be those who leave and there will always be better games, games that people want to try etc.. RIOT knows that too... Its inevitable, so they simply can not invest their time and effort on something that is inevitable... On those who will leave if not today then 2 days later.. This is not how business works.. This is not pay-to-play if it were, then the things would be different.. > > > Thinking about the constant cries about early snowball of certain champions I can fully agree only on one thing - too weak towers. This leads towards the point where 1 ACE at 20min mark leads towards the game loss. One mistake in the beginning and it is pretty much it.. And mistakes are bound to happen when there are teams made out of 5 random people whom skills are different.. > > Everything else regarding "champs deal to much dmg", "cant counter assassins", "early snowball", "adc double shot me" etc problems occur because of the lack of experience... > > Each time I play a game I see people building same builds on the same champions without any consideration on what they are facing at the lane.. Cmon is this how strategy game works? this is BS, and these people complain afterwards that they lost the lane... This is 90% of those cry babies who cant think out of the box and only fallow one build they know... Despicable.. > > > All this occur from the understanding "how the game should work" everyone of us know that there are top mid bot and jungle lanes. Everyone of us knows that top "must" have teleport as summoner skill, everyone of us now that "cloud drake is not worth the time, while flame drake is the best" everyone of us know that "farm is the most important" etc etc... > Well guess what, these are the false news that are floating in the air and everyone are obsessed on these "IDEAS" on how the game should be played and this leads to towards where we are at the moment. > > Here is example of a simple problem recently discussed a lot: > "ADCs deals so much damage that if you land a first hit in 1v1 then you win the fight.." > > And why is that, just because each champion has the same build concentrated on maximum damage output.. Same build facing same build, fair outcome - the first one wins.. Yet people cry, because they think that there is only way to build their champ and there is only way to play that champ. > > So in my opinion 90% of current cries here on boards are due to the fact that people think that build is what makes you win.. And if you dont fallow certain build path - you will lose. Which is complete nonsense in the first place, because the game is strategy type game.. > > > Did you really complain about {{item:3060}} and {{item:3512}} I mean really? Even after they reduced item CDR? in the not so distant past there was Red warding item which gave 15% reduced active items CD, with that item there was a possibility to place one ZZ portal and then the another one next to it while the first one was still ~30s away before disappearing.. No one complained... Now what are you talking about I cant understand.. What really amaze me is that after all this time these items are available, only now there is so much hate towards them and that is because only now someone actually used these items to make a decent fast push and only know others finally understood importance of these items... > > People you are really amazing, bronze players used these freaking items since 2 years ago, the moment they appeared and no one actually complained about them because they knew how to use them. > How about this item {{item:3056}} turret block for 3sec.. ? Another one "cheat item" ? that no one build, just wait until someone use it more often and we will have 100 more posts about how imbalanced this item is... > > From all these whines all I see is lack of skill and knowledge... Ima just keep this short and sweet, pro players complain about damage, zz'rot and banner. Tell me more about lack of skill and knowledge.
Azadethe (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Krytoric,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=00130000,timestamp=2018-06-12T23:18:28.140+0000) > > 1 sided stomps are a result of playing this game. I NEVER have close games anymore, they're all decided by around that 10 min mark, same as pretty much everyone else. > > Also, i DO adapt to them, thats why generally i do well in most of my games, but that wasn't my point. The point was the game is going in a direction no one really wants, while killing the version of the game people loved. > > And again, i never said Zz'rot was broken, i said it took away from player interaction and they were stupid items. > > Also, look at my match history, im in no way shape or form a "one trick player" all of these issues are with how the game works lol. > > And again, idk if you even read the post at this point. But the point of autofill is that its counter intuitive. Its to get people into a game faster, but potentially ruining someones fun, or making them dodge so people have to wait longer. I rarely get autofilled, but when i do im usually not too happy despite being able to play (and enjoying) every role but top. People in this community also dont mind having the mindset of "im autofilled so im trolling to have fun" > > Annnnnd thats not true at all, seriously watch pro games, Zoe one shots, fuckin Ezreal killed an ahri within like 1.5 seconds? Shit happens all the time on pro streams as well. One shotting is a result of the state the game is in right now. If you're an assassin, burst mage, juggernaut, bruiser, or MF, theres a good chance you'll be able to completely delete people off the map in less than a second. Not an opinion, thats how the game is. I'm pretty sure even the people here supporting you can argue with your first point. There are tons of balanced competitive games. You just don't focus on those or you are complicit in the lopside. While you keep blaming it on the nature of the game, I'll keep posting 0 death games with what WOULD be 18-25 KDAs if I had 1 death...... Which I did 3 times just today..... on {{champion:555}} (42% champ) {{champion:143}} (Very prone to death champ and {{champion:25}} (also prone to death champ) It's you who don't understand Autofill. 5 Seasons of this game was nothing BUT autofill. Getting an occasional game of Autofill is an improvement..... and no offense.... being forced to play alternative roles actually helps people who want to climb, because they better counter them in the future. I'm not even an ADC player, but yesterday I posted a 8/0/6 Shutdown with {{champion:222}} ...... using get this.... Grasp of the Undying + {{item:3071}} {{item:3086}} {{item:1001}} {{item:1055}} {{item:1083}} (I had a Shaco support btw..... and was vs a {{champion:432}} {{champion:119}} ) Learn how to abuse mechanics and play the game rather than diving every little thing, and you'd be on the positive side of the snowball every time. Psst... I can't help but notice all your good KDA's are on Assassins who reliably do well even in bad games.....
> [{quoted}](name=Azadethe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=001300000000,timestamp=2018-06-12T23:39:38.008+0000) > > I'm pretty sure even the people here supporting you can argue with your first point. There are tons of balanced competitive games. You just don't focus on those or you are complicit in the lopside. > > While you keep blaming it on the nature of the game, I'll keep posting 0 death games with what WOULD be 18-25 KDAs if I had 1 death...... Which I did 3 times just today..... on {{champion:555}} (42% champ) {{champion:143}} (Very prone to death champ and {{champion:25}} (also prone to death champ) > > It's you who don't understand Autofill. 5 Seasons of this game was nothing BUT autofill. Getting an occasional game of Autofill is an improvement..... and no offense.... being forced to play alternative roles actually helps people who want to climb, because they better counter them in the future. I'm not even an ADC player, but yesterday I posted a 8/0/6 Shutdown with {{champion:222}} ...... using get this.... Grasp of the Undying + {{item:3071}} {{item:3086}} {{item:1001}} {{item:1055}} {{item:1083}} (I had a Shaco support btw..... and was vs a {{champion:432}} {{champion:119}} ) > > Learn how to abuse mechanics and play the game rather than diving every little thing, and you'd be on the positive side of the snowball every time. > > Psst... I can't help but notice all your good KDA's are on Assassins who reliably do well even in bad games..... If there are, i hardly ever get them. Even if the score is close, the game isnt. And everyone has games where they get insanely good KDAs, everyone has games with bad KDAs, we're all very proud of you. Yeah all my good KDA games on assassins like Jinx, Ezreal, Singed, Darius, Xin, Brand and Red kayn? lmao.
NY64 (NA)
: I agree with everything you said here but I have a question. When you talk about the rune/mastery system are you saying it was better before preseason where they completely removed the buying runes with rp or are you saying it was better right after they released the new runes? In my opinion, the new rune system they added during preseason was much better for the game since it gave players many more choices but I feel once they started having four runes in 1 slot and adding conqueror, it ruined the system because instead of picking different keystones for the situation, everyone the same 1 keystone like you said. For example, before conqueror was added people were complaining bruisers were so weak because they did not have a keystone that was perfect for them, I felt that was good for them because that meant there was more diversity in keystone choices. I remember bruiser players arguing if grasp, press the attack, fleet footwork, unsealed spellbook, electrocute, and even glacial augment was the best keystone for bruisers. Now everyone just uses stupid conqueror because it is the best at one shotting everyone. It is so stupid that someone like irellia can just hit minions for 3 seconds then point and click to jump on me and blow me up using true damage. If they want burst that is what electrocute should be for not this unfair true damage keystone that did not need be added to the game. Sorry I went on a tangent. All I’m asking is do you think the runes they had in preseason were better or before preseason were better when runes and masteries were 2 different things?
> [{quoted}](name=NY64,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-06-12T18:17:08.850+0000) > > I agree with everything you said here but I have a question. When you talk about the rune/mastery system are you saying it was better before preseason where they completely removed the buying runes with rp or are you saying it was better right after they released the new runes? In my opinion, the new rune system they added during preseason was much better for the game since it gave players many more choices but I feel once they started having four runes in 1 slot and adding conqueror, it ruined the system because instead of picking different keystones for the situation, everyone the same 1 keystone like you said. For example, before conqueror was added people were complaining bruisers were so weak because they did not have a keystone that was perfect for them, I felt that was good for them because that meant there was more diversity in keystone choices. I remember bruiser players arguing if grasp, press the attack, fleet footwork, unsealed spellbook, electrocute, and even glacial augment was the best keystone for bruisers. Now everyone just uses stupid conqueror because it is the best at one shotting everyone. It is so stupid that someone like irellia can just hit minions for 3 seconds then point and click to jump on me and blow me up using true damage. If they want burst that is what electrocute should be for not this unfair true damage keystone that did not need be added to the game. Sorry I went on a tangent. All I’m asking is do you think the runes they had in preseason were better or before preseason were better when runes and masteries were 2 different things? I liked it better before they released the new runes. You could adapt to the game better and everything had multiple ways of being played. Every role / class had 2+ keystones they could use effectively, runes made it that you could build how the game was going. They had 4 AD? get an armor page, they had 3 tanks? get some pen on that page. The new runes kinda push everyone to having 1 keystone, many cant really use any. And you cant build for games the way you used to. Personally, i liked when runes and masteries were 2 different things, but i can see why people like this new system.
Krotux (NA)
: They didn't gut adc, jungle changes are fine. I do agree that I am tired of seeing the same champions in lane BUT ADC was a big offender here where you always saw the same damn adcs every game. They addressed that by nerfing them.
> [{quoted}](name=Krotux,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2018-06-12T20:27:08.721+0000) > > They didn't gut adc, jungle changes are fine. > > I do agree that I am tired of seeing the same champions in lane BUT ADC was a big offender here where you always saw the same damn adcs every game. They addressed that by nerfing them. They killed ADC to the point people aren't playing them anymore. People are putting bruisers and mages down there, so yeah they did. And the jungle changes made the jungle reliant on getting the crab. If you miss 2-3, you lost the jungle match up. ADC was a big offender where you saw the same ADCs, cause the other ones got nerfed in some way, you either went crit, on hit or lethality/pen, they just rotated buffs / nerfs. So if theres like 5 of each type of ADC, 10 are useless 5 are able to be chosen from. A better idea would've been to buff / nerf them all to around the same strength so everything can be played rather than killing the role all together.
Azadethe (NA)
: Luls. 1 Sided Stomps are the result of you as well as your team. If you can't be bothered to play safe and around champs rather than through them, yeah. You're going to feed, your team is going to give up, begin feeding too and by the end of the game there is only one person playing. I think this is a player problem not a design problem. Granted Riot changes the game to often, but the changes affect all players equally. You COULD adapt to them, but many don't. They just feel that if their champ receives a balance check, Riot doesn't know what it's doing, and don't even bother to expand their champ proficiencies. -------------- I can understand the grief in Banner of Command vs an AP majority team up until recently, but Zzott? Really? That just tells me you can't prioritize goals. ...... Most of this thread seems like a one trick player complaint. For example: Autofill. You're claiming to be around for 3.5 years yet complaining about Autofill? WTF? Draft used to be 5 X Autofill. YOU DIDN'T QUEUE WITH A ROLL. If your latency was crap, you never got the role you wanted, because we followed the good old "Dibs" system, where people called out roles. Autofill in its current incarnation activates maybe 1 in 8 games. Cry about it. I'm sorry, but when people pick 4:1 Mid vs Support..... you're basically saying that 75% of the player base should sit on its butt waiting for a midder's game to be over. ----------------------------------------- Damage is about 1 shots? Please. If you watched any professional play at all, you'd know that when people are playing responsibly, that doesn't happen. It only happens ..... like ALWAYS..... when people feed and don't care about the ramifications to their team. It's ALWAYS been like this..... If you fed me 6/0 on {{champion:77}} in Season 4, I guarantee by the end I was between 17/1 and 30/0, because my Tiger Strikes would almost 1 hit and the bleed would finish you off. What has changed is the variety of champs who can do it and the counters.
> [{quoted}](name=Azadethe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KytB7eez,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-06-12T20:28:39.318+0000) > > Luls. 1 Sided Stomps are the result of you as well as your team. If you can't be bothered to play safe and around champs rather than through them, yeah. You're going to feed, your team is going to give up, begin feeding too and by the end of the game there is only one person playing. > > I think this is a player problem not a design problem. > > Granted Riot changes the game to often, but the changes affect all players equally. You COULD adapt to them, but many don't. They just feel that if their champ receives a balance check, Riot doesn't know what it's doing, and don't even bother to expand their champ proficiencies. > > -------------- > > I can understand the grief in Banner of Command vs an AP majority team up until recently, but Zzott? Really? That just tells me you can't prioritize goals. > > ...... Most of this thread seems like a one trick player complaint. > > For example: Autofill. You're claiming to be around for 3.5 years yet complaining about Autofill? WTF? Draft used to be 5 X Autofill. YOU DIDN'T QUEUE WITH A ROLL. If your latency was crap, you never got the role you wanted, because we followed the good old "Dibs" system, where people called out roles. > > Autofill in its current incarnation activates maybe 1 in 8 games. Cry about it. I'm sorry, but when people pick 4:1 Mid vs Support..... you're basically saying that 75% of the player base should sit on its butt waiting for a midder's game to be over. > ----------------------------------------- > > > Damage is about 1 shots? Please. If you watched any professional play at all, you'd know that when people are playing responsibly, that doesn't happen. It only happens ..... like ALWAYS..... when people feed and don't care about the ramifications to their team. It's ALWAYS been like this..... If you fed me 6/0 on {{champion:77}} in Season 4, I guarantee by the end I was between 17/1 and 30/0, because my Tiger Strikes would almost 1 hit and the bleed would finish you off. > > What has changed is the variety of champs who can do it and the counters. 1 sided stomps are a result of playing this game. I NEVER have close games anymore, they're all decided by around that 10 min mark, same as pretty much everyone else. Also, i DO adapt to them, thats why generally i do well in most of my games, but that wasn't my point. The point was the game is going in a direction no one really wants, while killing the version of the game people loved. And again, i never said Zz'rot was broken, i said it took away from player interaction and they were stupid items. Also, look at my match history, im in no way shape or form a "one trick player" all of these issues are with how the game works lol. And again, idk if you even read the post at this point. But the point of autofill is that its counter intuitive. Its to get people into a game faster, but potentially ruining someones fun, or making them dodge so people have to wait longer. I rarely get autofilled, but when i do im usually not too happy despite being able to play (and enjoying) every role but top. People in this community also dont mind having the mindset of "im autofilled so im trolling to have fun" Annnnnd thats not true at all, seriously watch pro games, Zoe one shots, fuckin Ezreal killed an ahri within like 1.5 seconds? Shit happens all the time on pro streams as well. One shotting is a result of the state the game is in right now. If you're an assassin, burst mage, juggernaut, bruiser, or MF, theres a good chance you'll be able to completely delete people off the map in less than a second. Not an opinion, thats how the game is.
Rioter Comments
Eedat (NA)
: > FYI: Critbased adc's are still the best lategame scaling champs and therefore shouldn't be buffed Nope, ***WRONG.*** What does the actual data say? The top 5 winrate ADCs in games that go past 40 minutes are (in order): {{champion:51}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:119}} {{champion:202}} http://na.op.gg/champion/caitlyn/statistics/adc http://na.op.gg/champion/kaisa/statistics/adc http://na.op.gg/champion/missfortune/statistics/adc http://na.op.gg/champion/draven/statistics/adc http://na.op.gg/champion/jhin/statistics/adc So in reality, there is ONE true crit based ADC in the top 5 of lategame scaling ADCs. Please do ***basic*** fact checking before posting things so easily disproven
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2lv5wuLt,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-11T01:36:52.747+0000) > > Nope, ***WRONG.*** > > What does the actual data say? The top 5 winrate ADCs in games that go past 40 minutes are (in order): > > {{champion:51}} > {{champion:145}} > {{champion:21}} > {{champion:119}} > {{champion:202}} > > http://na.op.gg/champion/caitlyn/statistics/adc > http://na.op.gg/champion/kaisa/statistics/adc > http://na.op.gg/champion/missfortune/statistics/adc > http://na.op.gg/champion/draven/statistics/adc > http://na.op.gg/champion/jhin/statistics/adc > > So in reality, there is ONE true crit based ADC in the top 5 of lategame scaling ADCs. Please do ***basic*** fact checking before posting things so easily disproven downvoted for being right POGGERS. God the boards are an actual joke LOL
: 100% FAke , i played a lot of games s7 and my honor never leveled up , just because he is streamer , they give him honor2 back to play clash beta cup , FAIR
> [{quoted}](name=perspolis1,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jJdBctTZ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-10T09:08:25.929+0000) > > 100% FAke , i played a lot of games s7 and my honor never leveled up , just because he is streamer , they give him honor2 back to play clash beta cup , FAIR Thats not true. Im on my final check point to honor 2, after locked honor level 1 after a little over a month lol. Dont be a douche, you'll get honor.
: We complained about crit and ADC's spiking too early Riot nerfed crit and increased costs We complained about sheilding being stronk Riot is gutting their durations We complained about bruisers sucking Riot adds conqueror We complained about rengar and LB feeling clunky Riot reverted them We complained about adc sustain Riot reduced FF heal We complained about lvl 3 ganks before laners could reach it Riot nerfed jungle xp We complained about damage Riot is adding damage reductiom items for tanks We complained about solocarrying being harder Riot changed shutdown mechanic http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/256/183/9d5.png
> [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IzNrVslA,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-06-10T05:57:19.659+0000) > > We complained about crit and ADC's spiking too early > Riot nerfed crit and increased costs > > We complained about sheilding being stronk > Riot is gutting their durations > > We complained about bruisers sucking > Riot adds conqueror > > We complained about rengar and LB feeling clunky > Riot reverted them > > We complained about adc sustain > Riot reduced FF heal > > We complained about lvl 3 ganks before laners could reach it > Riot nerfed jungle xp > > We complained about damage > Riot is adding damage reductiom items for tanks > > We complained about solocarrying being harder > Riot changed shutdown mechanic > > http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/256/183/9d5.png Riot completely ruined ADC. Shield ones i can live with. Conqueror is the opposite of balance. Adding more damage and true damage isnt good. LB is the most brain dead champ now, you can miss your W-E but land the Q-R-Auto and its a kill. Its so op. ADCs needed the sustain, cause now even tanks can just tower dive an ADC and 1v1 them. Riot killed 90% of jungling champions in one patch. We complain about damage because if you weren't a tank, you would get 1 shot. So now tanks are even more unkillable, and everyone else is in the exact same spot lol. People liked that you could solo carry, because now all games are decided by champ picks, random team mates, and random shit happening. The game doesnt feel like you have any control over it anymore.
: Dear ADC; Your Solo Q Support
Not saying this to flame, but as an ADC player ima give you a follow up one :p Dear Solo Q Support; It's me! your ADC. You're not my baby sitter, i make my own decisions for better or for worse. You should try to help the team rather than just me, because that is the supports job, you ward, roam, create pressure around the map and you're tons of utility! But that doesn't mean everything that goes wrong is on me. That being said, your role comes down to common sense. You need to back to get more wards? dont do it in vision, that makes them know im an easy target for a dive. You want to roam to mid/top? make sure the lane is in a place to do so. Hey by the way, you dont need to hide behind me, you can uhhh move up here and actually play the game. If you're running coin / spell thiefs dont take the cs unless im not in lane, you have your way of income, i have mine. The game is not about you. You're not special, no one in this game is. Your engages, harass, and warding "skills" do help dictate how the lane goes, just as much as my csing, poking, positioning, wave management and oh guess what? we have wards too. But hey by all means, if this lane is all on you, enjoy trying to 1v2 them. Also, you're right, you do have to "earn your worth" but simply having a vision item doesn't give it to you. You dont have to build Zekes, Knights vow, or an ardent, but if you're not building supportive items, or supporting the ones needing it, you just lost your worth to the team. So cut the crap. Nobody cares about your precious ego. You dont need to act like an entitled child just cause you mustered up the courage to pick the role that requires the least mechanics. So go where you will, do what you will, and support who you will, but when the other teams bot lane comes and wins them the game, dont try to put that on me.
: Yeah. If Windwall wasn't, idk, an instantaneous-cast, no-drawback fail-safe against fucking up, with no costs, that starts from BEHIND Yasuo and can block literally every "ranged" ability that hits it and can do so for ALL those abilities as long as it's up, all while being on a relatively pretty ridiculously short CD for it's power level, it wouldn't matter that much. But Windwall is single-handedly one of the most outright anti-fun, infuriating, no-weakness bullshit abilities in the game. The fact that it doesn't even make *sense* just pushes it over the edge into "seriously Riot, what the fuck?!" It's a *BADLY* thought out ability in a multiplayer game. Braum's works because it doesn't feel like fucking bullshit and has skills and costs associated with it. Plus, it makes sense thematically: I'm willing to *believe* Braum can block an Ornn ult with his unbreakable door-shield and his loads of manly-mustache muscles, and on top of that it's basically his *defining* trait that he's a protector with a giant shield. Braum's "projectile" block makes sense and is done in a fair way. Yasuo's windwall is just outright weeb-fantasy-pandering bullshit that nobody but Yasuo players thinks is even in the ballpark of "interesting gameplay", and that's coming from someone with a weeb username. I mean c'mon, it's better than Braum's shield in a *lot* of cases, and "making a wall of wind" isn't exactly as crucial the samurai-animu-main-character-edgelord fantasy as "blocking things with my shield" is to the guy *who is literally entirely thematically built around* "I block things with my shield! :D" A sizeable amount of the frustration would go away if the ability just *functioned as it is phrased to function in its description*, frankly. Because right now, it does not. Shockingly enough, I'm of the opinion that a low/medium cooldown ability shouldn't be able to be cast instantly and block Ults that are already basically colliding with his character model, because completing negating an ability with like 4x the CD without any cost and without dodging seems stupid, but that's an entirely different issue lol I just want the goddamn wall to function how it says it functions, or have the tooltip re-written to just outright say: "Any object overlapping the Windwall that isn't a line with instantaneous travel between two points or comes from the ground/sky (except Soraka's Starcall), including those objects which are physical entities moving of their own volition, are negated and destroyed. This includes, but is not limited to, literally anything you fucking want cuz you're Yasuo and League is actually just an anime that you're the main character in. We know this ability makes no goddamn sense and feels like *trash* to play against but fuck the other 5 people on the enemy team, nothing matters but *your* fun because you're playing Yasuo and making interesting interactions between players and intuitive character abilities when you have 150+ characters in a PvP game is overrated". I doubt that tooltip change is going to happen though because Riot *knows* the ability doesn't make sense, which is why the best tool-tip they settled for as Designers was to lump everything into being a "projectile" even if it isn't and hoping nobody notices.
> [{quoted}](name=Shinjusuke,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cJXOwA2t,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-07T10:29:56.275+0000) > > Yeah. > If Windwall wasn't, idk, an instantaneous-cast, no-drawback fail-safe against fucking up, with no costs, that starts from BEHIND Yasuo and can block literally every "ranged" ability that hits it and can do so for ALL those abilities as long as it's up, all while being on a relatively pretty ridiculously short CD for it's power level, it wouldn't matter that much. > > But Windwall is single-handedly one of the most outright anti-fun, infuriating, no-weakness bullshit abilities in the game. > The fact that it doesn't even make *sense* just pushes it over the edge into "seriously Riot, what the fuck?!" > It's a *BADLY* thought out ability in a multiplayer game. > > Braum's works because it doesn't feel like fucking bullshit and has skills and costs associated with it. > Plus, it makes sense thematically: I'm willing to *believe* Braum can block an Ornn ult with his unbreakable door-shield and his loads of manly-mustache muscles, and on top of that it's basically his *defining* trait that he's a protector with a giant shield. > > Braum's "projectile" block makes sense and is done in a fair way. > Yasuo's windwall is just outright weeb-fantasy-pandering bullshit that nobody but Yasuo players thinks is even in the ballpark of "interesting gameplay", and that's coming from someone with a weeb username. I mean c'mon, it's better than Braum's shield in a *lot* of cases, and "making a wall of wind" isn't exactly as crucial the samurai-animu-main-character-edgelord fantasy as "blocking things with my shield" is to the guy *who is literally entirely thematically built around* "I block things with my shield! :D" > > A sizeable amount of the frustration would go away if the ability just *functioned as it is phrased to function in its description*, frankly. Because right now, it does not. > > Shockingly enough, I'm of the opinion that a low/medium cooldown ability shouldn't be able to be cast instantly and block Ults that are already basically colliding with his character model, because completing negating an ability with like 4x the CD without any cost and without dodging seems stupid, but that's an entirely different issue lol > > I just want the goddamn wall to function how it says it functions, or have the tooltip re-written to just outright say: > "Any object overlapping the Windwall that isn't a line with instantaneous travel between two points or comes from the ground/sky (except Soraka's Starcall), including those objects which are physical entities moving of their own volition, are negated and destroyed. This includes, but is not limited to, literally anything you fucking want cuz you're Yasuo and League is actually just an anime that you're the main character in. We know this ability makes no goddamn sense and feels like *trash* to play against but fuck the other 5 people on the enemy team, nothing matters but *your* fun because you're playing Yasuo and making interesting interactions between players and intuitive character abilities when you have 150+ characters in a PvP game is overrated". > > I doubt that tooltip change is going to happen though because Riot *knows* the ability doesn't make sense, which is why the best tool-tip they settled for as Designers was to lump everything into being a "projectile" even if it isn't and hoping nobody notices. i dont play much Yas, but there is a counter to it lol. It's stationary, just walk around it.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
MrHaZeYo (NA)
: This topic comes up everytime a new champ comes out lol.
> [{quoted}](name=MrHaZeYo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4wgvntbq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-31T22:47:17.130+0000) > > This topic comes up everytime a new champ comes out lol. Exactly why it's an issue lol.
Rioter Comments
: I just cannot have any sympathy for Kalista players.
> [{quoted}](name=The Big Piece,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=c1vqhUc9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-30T00:58:35.821+0000) > > I just cannot have any sympathy for Kalista players. Kalista was good, but she wasnt as insane as people make her out to be. She was absolutely destroyed by slows (slows slowed her jump speed and attack speed, but then attack speed debuffs, slowed her jumps) So the form of CC that everyone has and can even be built made the champ easy to kill. She has an auto debuff for the second part of her passive. Regardless of if you hate her or not, she didnt need to get gutted this hard.
Rioter Comments
Eyesack (NA)
: Give me one good reason why Graves should be allowed to remain in his current state.
I agree he's pretty OP, but smoke cloud is not one of the best CC abilities in the game LOL
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: describe your main's sound effects with words
Q - FOUR W - FOUR E - FOUR R - FOUR AA - FOUR
Kai Guy (NA)
: They can be frustrating but its very much not near the level of "running Rampant without any consideration" This is however built largely off my personal experience so its undeniably Biased. If I had to consider it more elo to elo, I assume Darius and LB will be a bit problematic in lower elos and Gnar does well in upper elo with more coordinated play. All three champions do have some skill cap and mechanics that need to be learned but none of them are excessively complicated. LB has enough mobility that she's fairly forgiving even when folks don't have a full grasp on her, Darius punishes folks who don't know his kit so even when newer players don't land that Q heal or build his skill order wrong theres still going to be some opponents who stands and fights even after he has 5 stacks. Gnars the only one whos really hurt by teammates being unable to play around his kit, people who don't get his rage will engage when he is gonna spend most the fight in mini. So I can see areas in the game they would be strong and MMR ranges for that, its just nothing I see that would be out of line.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wpgP1Tlb,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-28T17:17:04.126+0000) > > They can be frustrating but its very much not near the level of "running Rampant without any consideration" This is however built largely off my personal experience so its undeniably Biased. If I had to consider it more elo to elo, I assume Darius and LB will be a bit problematic in lower elos and Gnar does well in upper elo with more coordinated play. All three champions do have some skill cap and mechanics that need to be learned but none of them are excessively complicated. LB has enough mobility that she's fairly forgiving even when folks don't have a full grasp on her, Darius punishes folks who don't know his kit so even when newer players don't land that Q heal or build his skill order wrong theres still going to be some opponents who stands and fights even after he has 5 stacks. Gnars the only one whos really hurt by teammates being unable to play around his kit, people who don't get his rage will engage when he is gonna spend most the fight in mini. So I can see areas in the game they would be strong and MMR ranges for that, its just nothing I see that would be out of line. I agree, Darius is more of a frustrating personal counter, i HATE juggernauts. But LB has seemed to be an issue in all elos, her kit is supposed to be a mechanically intensive kit, but instead its Q - W or Q - R - W, and either one of those one shots. Ive had games where i die through Maw, after healing and flashing. She has too much damage in her kit and snowballs the game insanely hard. I've lost probably 75% of my games against LB, and she was the major reason for it. Gnar is a little weird tho, people who know how to micromanage on Gnar can easily win a teamfight as long as his team follows up, bad gnars are free wins.
Kai Guy (NA)
: im sorry but I just cant accept your attitude here. Lol Is literally one of the biggest games made and is hands down the largest moba out there. Calling the devs behind that succus incompetent is BS mate, you might not like what they do but Fuck off if you really want to attempt to dispute their track record. They literally have done it better then anybody else, if not by all means show me a more successful moba company. If you cant provide or prove this then they are the most competent company for mobas as the only real way to measure it would be by how successful they are comparative to others. Your play style not being meta is just how it goes. No seriously its a always moving meta, this is to keep folks playing and to make shure all playstyles see some light. You want to 1 trick singed for 7 years and keep at it that's totally fine just know your gonna have times where your bottom tier and your gonna have to play above your MMR to have anything go well on him. Also there is no promise his kit will not change drastically. This shits just a moba for you, like this literally was true in dota allstars and ever knockoff that copy pasted dota. You know how many games I have lost the last 4 months due to a {{champion:122}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:7}} ? That's rhetorical, I will tell you anyhow. its 0. I have not had a single game in memory where any of those champions was the deciding factor. Im pretty inebriated, I might be acting a bit to aggressively, take it with a grain of salt please. I don't want to attack you I just am at my max tolerance for what I view as unrealistic expectations and/or completely bullshit arguments with no biases in reality. here's my tldr Singed will have moments of being good in metas and moments he is weak AF in metas. at any time a rework can happen be ready to adapt.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wpgP1Tlb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-28T09:26:22.026+0000) > > im sorry but I just cant accept your attitude here. Lol Is literally one of the biggest games made and is hands down the largest moba out there. Calling the devs behind that succus incompetent is BS mate, you might not like what they do but Fuck off if you really want to attempt to dispute their track record. They literally have done it better then anybody else, if not by all means show me a more successful moba company. If you cant provide or prove this then they are the most competent company for mobas as the only real way to measure it would be by how successful they are comparative to others. > > Your play style not being meta is just how it goes. No seriously its a always moving meta, this is to keep folks playing and to make shure all playstyles see some light. You want to 1 trick singed for 7 years and keep at it that's totally fine just know your gonna have times where your bottom tier and your gonna have to play above your MMR to have anything go well on him. Also there is no promise his kit will not change drastically. This shits just a moba for you, like this literally was true in dota allstars and ever knockoff that copy pasted dota. > > You know how many games I have lost the last 4 months due to a {{champion:122}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:7}} ? That's rhetorical, I will tell you anyhow. its 0. I have not had a single game in memory where any of those champions was the deciding factor. > > Im pretty inebriated, I might be acting a bit to aggressively, take it with a grain of salt please. I don't want to attack you I just am at my max tolerance for what I view as unrealistic expectations and/or completely bullshit arguments with no biases in reality. > > here's my tldr Singed will have moments of being good in metas and moments he is weak AF in metas. at any time a rework can happen be ready to adapt. I haven't solo lost to a gnar, but LB and darius are both pretty big problems gameplay wise.
Rioter Comments
: What annoys me is when your adc {{champion:67}} bans {{champion:157}} instead of {{champion:51}} or your autofill support does the same thing in normal. Yes it's normal but geez it's like I'm top and I choose to ban janna/sona. I just don't see a point of making irrelevant bans. ._.
> [{quoted}](name=EnergonVlada,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1aIEigm0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-27T12:11:49.042+0000) > > What annoys me is when your adc {{champion:67}} bans {{champion:157}} instead of {{champion:51}} or your autofill support does the same thing in normal. Yes it's normal but geez it's like I'm top and I choose to ban janna/sona. I just don't see a point of making irrelevant bans. ._. i always ban janna every game regardless of my role. I hate the champion, i hate the playstyle, i hate what she brings to a team, i hate how safe she makes everyone. Ban a champion cause you dont wanna play against them, not cause you're laning against them.
Onotori (NA)
: Shower thoughts on making autos less cancerous but still reliable.
"Have no counter play" Other than building armor lmao?
: Nothing new. He has been like this for an entire year. The champ needs nerfs, but is for some reason flying under the radar.
> [{quoted}](name=LesVitesses,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x5wFeEF6,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-25T10:35:18.807+0000) > > Nothing new. He has been like this for an entire year. The champ needs nerfs, but is for some reason flying under the radar. getting down voted for being right OMEGALUL
Jaygo41 (NA)
: The penalty for picking a full auto attacking team is not high enough.
had a Mundo kill me in 9 attacks while i was Varus with rageblade. He took 15 autos, my ult, my q, my e, got exhausted, and i had a soraka healing me. Clearly there's a way to deal with them.
AKGR69 (EUNE)
: Higher level than me?
https://lolnames.gg/en/highscores/ these guys
: I wish they came up with something called "Hextech Blueprint" or something per check point, as well. Once you collect 3 of those (which is akin to leveling up), you can make a Hextech Chest. Only Honor 3 and up can qualify. And for those concerned with abuse, since it takes like a whole year to reach from Level 3 to 5, at most, you'll get 2 (maybe 3?) chests. It'd be a nice perk to staying honorable.
> [{quoted}](name=ZapMyHeart,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QYg5Efn5,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-21T17:36:20.828+0000) > > I wish they came up with something called "Hextech Blueprint" or something per check point, as well. > > Once you collect 3 of those (which is akin to leveling up), you can make a Hextech Chest. Only Honor 3 and up can qualify. > > And for those concerned with abuse, since it takes like a whole year to reach from Level 3 to 5, at most, you'll get 2 (maybe 3?) chests. > > It'd be a nice perk to staying honorable. Are you saying you only get 2-3 chests a year or am i misreading that lol
Show more

Krytoric

Level 126 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion