Zlysium (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sohleks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6EnMJGW8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-18T09:03:02.228+0000) > > I forgot purchasing additional rune pages was even a thing since they are sort of an obsolete feels bad purchase now and that I've had the full 20 from the old system because I'm an ancient player. > > Wow.. That's really dumb recent players are basically forced to make a real feels bad purchase or are made to edit rune pages every game using that terrible clunky interface and sometimes not have runes saved then given a default page or something, which I understand because I had a habit of always manually editing pages and I say it was easier in the past even though there was more clicks because the new interface generally blends into the client background and feels clunky to click. > > Pretty sucky. > > I said it before the release of the new rune system that rune pages should not be a shop thing anymore. > > Anti-user things like this is why you are now alienating your playerbase Riot. (also an ancient player here since mid season 2) New players don't really need rune pages though since apps exist now like Blitz app which generates a rune page for you as soon as you lock in and if you wanted to change something about it for personal preference you could easily do so. So while it is unfortunate that they cost as much as the most expensive champions its mitigated by the fact you don't really need more than 1. And we also couldn't get missions that granted IP or level up lootboxes that also grant substantial amounts of IP. Those avenues just didn't exist. Like you I built up my champion pool before the new system and from leveling up an alt I can say it takes MUCH less time now than it did then. Also the interface is fine even if it's laggy as shit. At least for me there is massive client lag in general.
> [{quoted}](name=Zlysium,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6EnMJGW8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T09:15:58.457+0000) > > (also an ancient player here since mid season 2) > New players don't really need rune pages though since apps exist now like Blitz app which generates a rune page for you as soon as you lock in and if you wanted to change something about it for personal preference you could easily do so. > So while it is unfortunate that they cost as much as the most expensive champions its mitigated by the fact you don't really need more than 1. > And we also couldn't get missions that granted IP or level up lootboxes that also grant substantial amounts of IP. Those avenues just didn't exist. > Like you I built up my champion pool before the new system and from leveling up an alt I can say it takes MUCH less time now than it did then. > > Also the interface is fine even if it's laggy as shit. At least for me there is massive client lag in general. I had all the champs too until my account got banned. Been here since end of season 3. I don't know why I continue playing. I go on long hiatus' often, but oh well. It's the only game that doesn't get me bored. I hate you rito.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: You guys did do something wrong, but no matter how hard you try to make your story sympathetic, the board will only want to see one thing if you want to discuss your ban. We don't want your claim or your concept of what happened. All we want is the Chat-logs if we're going to debate what you did wrong or discuss what went wrong. Sorry, but there's nothing to feel sorry for or feel for. Also, sharing your account is against ToU, so even being brothers, you were breaking the rules. You shouldn't be disappointed with anyone but yourself. Because after all, you did break the rules and get banned. The reporting is not unfair but is justice and it's definitely not sensitive, it doesn't dispute, and it doesn't judge who you are. It simply takes what you said, that is offensive, negative, and inflammatory and give you a penalty. If you made it through all your penalties, then you deserve it. Nothing is depressing about this, but Riot doing their job. Which is what we're grateful for.
> [{quoted}](name=Zombie Gerbil,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nI7r3mUb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-10T19:13:18.598+0000) > > You guys did do something wrong, but no matter how hard you try to make your story sympathetic, the board will only want to see one thing if you want to discuss your ban. We don't want your claim or your concept of what happened. All we want is the Chat-logs if we're going to debate what you did wrong or discuss what went wrong. > > Sorry, but there's nothing to feel sorry for or feel for. Also, sharing your account is against ToU, so even being brothers, you were breaking the rules. You shouldn't be disappointed with anyone but yourself. Because after all, you did break the rules and get banned. > > The reporting is not unfair but is justice and it's definitely not sensitive, it doesn't dispute, and it doesn't judge who you are. It simply takes what you said, that is offensive, negative, and inflammatory and give you a penalty. If you made it through all your penalties, then you deserve it. Nothing is depressing about this, but Riot doing their job. Which is what we're grateful for. You're use of sympathetic is broad. Let me rephrase what the farewell letter meant: I accept what happened because it was destined for it sooner or later, but I advocate for the revival of the tribunal and consideration for players who have not only a record of reports, but a record of rehabilitation. Players who show they are trying to be better and go a number of games showing sportsmanlike behavior should more mercy on their accounts. In prison, you can get reduced sentences for good behavior, why can it not happen in league? Guitar Hero, for example. If you're doing well, the meter goes up. If you are doing bad, it goes down and down and down until you fail the song. If league of legends used the same system used for honor level for reporting, then I think league would have a better community. Players would spend more of their games being positive.
Infernape (EUW)
: And this is why you never trust _ANYONE_ with your username and password to any of your accounts.
> [{quoted}](name=FurorDivinus27,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nI7r3mUb,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-10T19:18:03.717+0000) > > And this is why you never trust _ANYONE_ with your username and password to any of your accounts. Yep, learned the hard way.
: Why in the world would u let him play?!?!? Literally I would never let my brother play, and this is all on you. You caused your ban, and all the mistakes is on you. You think League is toxic? It's because it's a competitive game, unlike Fornite, but OverWatch is way more toxic then League.
> [{quoted}](name=thefourtysn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nI7r3mUb,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-10T19:34:21.171+0000) > > Why in the world would u let him play?!?!? Literally I would never let my brother play, and this is all on you. You caused your ban, and all the mistakes is on you. You think League is toxic? It's because it's a competitive game, unlike Fornite, but OverWatch is way more toxic then League. Overwatch doesn't have players getting banned or reported so often. I never had an issue on overwatch, and the game is still fun. Fortnite is pretty competitive if you look at your chances of winning a match. I just think League community, including myself and riot employees take this game too seriously. Competitive games are only fun if you're winning, and if you are having fun participating, then it's not competitive or not competitive enough. Rank 5s is a gamble of LP, and everyone wants to win. I would rather have a toxic player who performs at his best than a player who feeds purposely and griefs his team.
: You are in an arcade, two people are arguing and yelling insults at each other. Which one is being an awful burden to everyone and which one is bravely defending himself from"toxicity"? --- I get that it's your brother, but he is taking advantage and shifting the responsibility of the shitty thing he did to you.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nI7r3mUb,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-06-10T19:30:23.219+0000) > > You are in an arcade, two people are arguing and yelling insults at each other. > > Which one is being an awful burden to everyone and which one is bravely defending himself from"toxicity"? > --- > > I get that it's your brother, but he is taking advantage and shifting the responsibility of the shitty thing he did to you. Your point is valid, but I wouldn't consider an arcade game equivalent to an online MOBA game. Players talk trash to each other on many games, and the punishments are this severe.
: So, did your brother say they were being toxic to him first or something? Because we know the logs on contain what he said. You were at risk of punishment for account sharing anyways.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nI7r3mUb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-10T19:17:08.114+0000) > > So, did your brother say they were being toxic to him first or something? Because we know the logs on contain what he said. He said the blue mid laner kept yelling at him for no ganks, while the top laner was the same guy from the game before giving him crap.
: So, did your brother say they were being toxic to him first or something? Because we know the logs on contain what he said. You were at risk of punishment for account sharing anyways.
I gave permission for a harmless action. I would have been worse if he boosted me, but knowing my brother he is not good at Strategy games/MOBAs.
Rioter Comments
: It is fairly well known at the moment that when an indication of a report goes out, it only goes out to a single person per punishment, no matter how many valid reports that player had leading up to the punishment. I also suspect, given recent trends I've seen, that this message does not send out in every situation either. As a result, I can't expect you to get any meaningful data out of this sort of experiment.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QnXW47En,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-26T22:17:38.444+0000) > > It is fairly well known at the moment that when an indication of a report goes out, it only goes out to a single person per punishment, no matter how many valid reports that player had leading up to the punishment. I also suspect, given recent trends I've seen, that this message does not send out in every situation either. > > As a result, I can't expect you to get any meaningful data out of this sort of experiment. You can still document how many players you report.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Jungling was brutally murdered
I agree. My gameplay with fiddlesticks is extremely slow thanks to the nerfs and the jungle update. I can't compete with Warwick, Xin Zhao, Udyr (ofc), and anyone that has a strong early game impact. The game can almost be decided in the first ten minutes because of the early ganks. I struggle more due to lack of vision from my team, but It would be nicer if I could reach six before bot lane like before. the nerfs aren't fair or fun.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=KyleTheConqueror,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kr4mcqcY,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-25T21:13:08.232+0000) > > Balls, only two people responded. Does anyone know where else I can post my survey? ask some small groups in FB, where you are a member, helped me. If you didn't do it send this to your classmates.
> [{quoted}](name=ScoundrelRuffian,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kr4mcqcY,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-03-25T21:18:03.216+0000) > > ask some small groups in FB, where you are a member, helped me. > If you didn't do it send this to your classmates. Thank you!
: Please help me with my project?
Rioter Comments
: jinx has a voice line that says "you think i'm crazy? wait til you see my sister" and im pretty sure kai'sa has a line that addresses jinx as sister? not sure if her calling her sister is meant as actual sisters or just addressing another female
> [{quoted}](name=titty snatch,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=d2B0NaK1,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-02-22T22:12:34.220+0000) > > jinx has a voice line that says "you think i'm crazy? wait til you see my sister" and im pretty sure kai'sa has a line that addresses jinx as sister? not sure if her calling her sister is meant as actual sisters or just addressing another female It's ambiguous, but unlikely. Jinx and Vi are known sisters, and they are in the Piltover faction. This wouldn't make any sense.
Nylisa (EUW)
: My question is what side do you think she is on? you think she is going to be completely on Void side? a Slave to it? or she is part of it? (basing it on your speculations)
> [{quoted}](name=Nylisa,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=d2B0NaK1,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-20T20:11:19.630+0000) > > My question is what side do you think she is on? you think she is going to be completely on Void side? a Slave to it? or she is part of it? (basing it on your speculations) I have to assume she supports the void. Malzahar was corrupted by it and Kassadin struggles to prevent it from corrupting him. There is no way she has any sanity left for being a young girl lost in a dimension of monsters, especially when one of them uses her body as a means for his own survival (an assumption).
: Have you read the lore of Kai'Sa? I dont think so, so, everything is speculation. EDIT: yeah, i read the whole post, so i will quote something that the op said: > Little is known about the void and little is heard about the void. The only facts that we know about the void are: _"The Void is a nightmarish dimension said to exist outside space and time, where terrifying living weapons were wrought to win an ancient and long-since ended war. No-one truly understands how the Void came into existence" _... Everything else are myths or speculation. So, How does the ""lore"" (that we dont have) of KaiSa contradicts that?
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=d2B0NaK1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-20T18:21:59.787+0000) > > Have you read the lore of Kai'Sa? I dont think so, so, everything is speculation. > > EDIT: yeah, i read the whole post, so i will quote something that the op said: > > The only facts that we know about the void are: _"The Void is a nightmarish dimension said to exist outside space and time, where terrifying living weapons were wrought to win an ancient and long-since ended war. No-one truly understands how the Void came into existence" _... Everything else are myths or speculation. So, How does the ""lore"" (that we dont have) of KaiSa contradicts that? It contradicts what we know about gameplay interaction. The Idea of a Void creature and a human have a mutual relationship counters all that the void was built off of at this point.
Rioter Comments
: I have no choice if four people opt to surrender after 20 minutes, but I'm sure as hell never giving up on a game because people get salty.
: Alright, so we have the patcher client and the in game client. does Let's say I tab out to type my friend on the patcher client (not that I would I guess), would it work?
Alright I guess I got it working. We'll see if it works in 14 days. If it does, check back here and I'll post.
: It disables your enter key until you turn it off. It is separate from league. Edit: It looks like the example the OP posted in that link only has it disabled so long as "League of Legends (TM) Client" is active. In that case, alt-tabbing out or being outside of the game would make it so there is no effect on the enter key. So even more convenient.
Alright, so we have the patcher client and the in game client. does Let's say I tab out to type my friend on the patcher client (not that I would I guess), would it work?
: >I can't communicate with them https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/ghKQoeu8-how-to-unbind-your-enter-key-to-prevent-inadvertent-toxicity >they can't communicate with me Mute them
Does this disable my enter key for the whole league client or just in game?
: I feel like you're just looking for an excuse for your behavior then. If you truly cared to disable your own chat you're going to have to just suck it up and use the third-party option for now. That or just control yourself.
What third party then that allows me to remove myself from that? I can't communicate with them they can't communicate with me
: >I'd like to see an argument saying that it's wrong for me to turn off MY CHAT and MY ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE with players when I could just use pings. I don't get it. You already have this power if you bothered to look for it. You can drag the chat off the screen almost entirely. You can find a third-party program to disable your enter key. You can mute everyone in the game every game. What is stopping you from doing these things?
What's stopping me is the ban. I become less active on league for about 6 months, and the ban system is more sensitive than it has ever been.
: >I'd like to see an argument saying that it's wrong for me to turn off MY CHAT and MY ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE with players when I could just use pings. I don't get it. You already have this power if you bothered to look for it. You can drag the chat off the screen almost entirely. You can find a third-party program to disable your enter key. You can mute everyone in the game every game. What is stopping you from doing these things?
1.) I'd rather not install any third parties. 2.) I didn't know I could move it. 3.) I didn't know muted players can still read my chat logs. 4.) I'm starting to wonder if I can turn off my enter hot-key. 5.) I still want an official in-game option to modify chat settings.
: For the love of all that is holy, STOP calling 'gg' before the match is over.
If four players want to surrender, let them surrender. I don't know of any player that actually gives up after saying gg. I see most players continuing to try to win with a bad attitude.
: No matter how well one does their job, if they start calling people out, be rude and tell people to "fuck off" then they're getting fired. Competitiveness is no excuse for being rude or using offensive language. Not happy with how Riot handels toxicity then by all means, leave.
Actually, you're confusing a job with a video game. You're also ignoring the "why is he saying "fuck off" to everyone" variable. on top of that, who are you to tell me that I can't do whatever I want with chat? If I want to remove chat for myself, which means not being to send out or receive logs, I should have the right to. It's a simple setting. If I'd rather have players use pings the whole time, I shouldn't have to use a chat log at all. When my account gets unbanned, I'm going to see if I can take off any hot keys for it. Maybe I can remove my 'enter' hot key, mute everyone, and not have to worry about anyone but my own game.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: 1. Annie's mom was a witch; maybe not a pyromancer, but definitely had some magic talent. (Source: Bio.) 2. It's not clear. Possible, but they'll probably do a twist in some way or another. 3. People have proposed it. It's not impossible, but not confirmed. 4. Noxus is not just "the bad guys". Noxus is more of a country where strength > all, and if you have the skill to rise through the ranks then they let you. Compared to Demacia, which is far more insular and likely has a caste system, Noxus is more free but more dangerous as well. (Source: Several Riot discussions, can't find them exactly.) 5. Not sure. Annie's fire magic might be connected to the fever. (Source: Bio.) 6. Her VO is outdated. (Source: Logical intuition.) 7. Uh, maybe? Hard to say exactly what Tibbers is. 8. I seriously doubt it. 9. She's not really connected to anyone at the moment. (Source: Her universe page.) 10. I don't think she really does. She might get angry at people trying to mess with Tibbers, but it is her last keepsake of her (maybe) dead mother. (Source: Speculation.) 11. No longer canon. (Source: Various places. It's been like this for years.) 12. She might. We'll leave it up to Riot's story progression. 13. Not sure. Possibly because Noxus may have drafted, possibly due to the influence of the Black Rose, possibly because of Boram Darkwill being forcibly removed from power by Swain. Could be something else entirely. 14. The fever she got maybe, combined with genetics (her mom was a witch) and it could've just been random (like Lux, Taliyah, etc.) (Source: Bio.) 15. Tibbers is not a Darkin. Some magical creature, and a casting focus, but definitely not a Darkin. (Source: Bios of Kayn and Varus.) I hope that cleared things up.
> [{quoted}](name=Helixarrow,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qYvAAu7A,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-04T22:10:37.258+0000) > > 1. Annie's mom was a witch; maybe not a pyromancer, but definitely had some magic talent. (Source: Bio.) > 2. It's not clear. Possible, but they'll probably do a twist in some way or another. > 3. People have proposed it. It's not impossible, but not confirmed. > 4. Noxus is not just "the bad guys". Noxus is more of a country where strength > all, and if you have the skill to rise through the ranks then they let you. Compared to Demacia, which is far more insular and likely has a caste system, Noxus is more free but more dangerous as well. (Source: Several Riot discussions, can't find them exactly.) > 5. Not sure. Annie's fire magic might be connected to the fever. (Source: Bio.) > 6. Her VO is outdated. (Source: Logical intuition.) > 7. Uh, maybe? Hard to say exactly what Tibbers is. > 8. I seriously doubt it. > 9. She's not really connected to anyone at the moment. (Source: Her universe page.) > 10. I don't think she really does. She might get angry at people trying to mess with Tibbers, but it is her last keepsake of her (maybe) dead mother. (Source: Speculation.) > 11. No longer canon. (Source: Various places. It's been like this for years.) > 12. She might. We'll leave it up to Riot's story progression. > 13. Not sure. Possibly because Noxus may have drafted, possibly due to the influence of the Black Rose, possibly because of Boram Darkwill being forcibly removed from power by Swain. Could be something else entirely. > 14. The fever she got maybe, combined with genetics (her mom was a witch) and it could've just been random (like Lux, Taliyah, etc.) (Source: Bio.) > 15. Tibbers is not a Darkin. Some magical creature, and a casting focus, but definitely not a Darkin. (Source: Bios of Kayn and Varus.) > > I hope that cleared things up. It cleared up a lot of the information for sure.
Bezzerk (NA)
: Annie -Origins
I think what RIOT is trying to do is fix the consistency. I just read what a RIOTER said from another post, and how there was a different between "complexity" and "consistency." For now, we probably see some "inconsistency," but I'm sure that will change as the Universe grows. I totally agree with you on her voice over in game. It doesn't match the new lore, and it most certainly does need to be fixed (I posted the same question a few minutes ago). I personally like the new take on Annie, since I don't think it's fair for a little girl to be evil or provoked by nature. Come on, can a girl who is 5-9 years old be evil for no reason? This story reimagines her as who she is and why is she who she is rather than saying who she is and how special she is. Every champ is special already, can I just know why and how they became special? I hope I stated a clear argument. Point is, she is being made more consistent and concise.
zaire90 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Player3Th0mas,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kZhb3Eo6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-02-04T01:46:28.961+0000) > > TIL There are no demacian Assassins I dont think Demacia respects assassins tho, like theyre up there with mages
> [{quoted}](name=zaire90,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kZhb3Eo6,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-02-04T05:28:49.509+0000) > > I dont think Demacia respects assassins tho, like theyre up there with mages Lux and Ezreal are mages, no? Is Galio still demacian?
Rindin14 (NA)
: Personally, I would love to see a Demacian counterpart to Swain. Some sort of powerful and intelligent leader/tactician that plays around with the "I am a genius and you are nothing but a piece in my game of chess" archetype. In order to not just be Swain, I would like to see him taken as a slightly more light and humorous version of the character...but I don't know how to write characters, so whatever :P
> [{quoted}](name=Rindin14,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kZhb3Eo6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-04T02:33:54.665+0000) > > Personally, I would love to see a Demacian counterpart to Swain. > Some sort of powerful and intelligent leader/tactician that plays around with the "I am a genius and you are nothing but a piece in my game of chess" archetype. > > In order to not just be Swain, I would like to see him taken as a slightly more light and humorous version of the character...but I don't know how to write characters, so whatever :P Jarvan IV or his father could be considered counter parts.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Depraved Players
League is not a game wheree everyone is happy and gets along -- something you should already know by now. The best way to deal with people like him is to continue playing the game to the best of your CURRENT ability (tilted or not, keep trying to be a team player). Everyone struggles with toxicity to some point since it's an infection that everyone catches (some faster than others). So any advice i can give you, the only thing you're hurting is yourself. Unless you're rawr xd, I suggest you stahp.
Rioter Comments
Dicerson (NA)
: Welcome to the Camille Champion Spotlight
Dude, I was saying the same thing to my friends earlier
Rioter Comments
Makior72 (NA)
: Cant see friends list
Riot needs to fucking fix this shit. I lost a game because we didn't have communication in champ select.
Rioter Comments
Wuks (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KyleTheConqueror,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=dXIgXd1i,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-08-07T06:45:19.768+0000) > > Anyways, now my question is about my essay: do you write one and did it help you gain acceptance? > I've actually written many a college admission essay, and they've gotten me admitted into universities both out of high school and out of community college. Out of high school, notably I was accepted into the University of Texas at Austin for Computer Science and to the University of California, Santa Barbara as an undeclared major for the College of Letters & Sciences. I opted to go to community college (I wish I had gone to UCSB, but what can ya do), and out of community college, I was accepted into and currently attend the University of California, Davis. I firmly believe that my essays and extracurriculars set me apart from the other applicants, where my academics didn't. I partook in student government in high school and through community college, worked in other capacities within my high school and community college districts, and emphasized my passion for service wherever I could. > [{quoted}](name=KyleTheConqueror,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=dXIgXd1i,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-08-07T06:45:19.768+0000) > > EDIT: I also want to go into accounting because I tend to be really good at organizing, keeping a budget, and math just relieves my anxiety (I have this issue where when I get too anxious and have panic attacks that I count upwards). > > at the same time however, I feel like my creativity can help me out in engineering. who knows, I might double major. Accounting's a very structured and assumably consistent occupation, so if that's something you're interested in, go for it! A piece of advice that I'd recommend for you is to either take the class as an elective or pursue the minor before declaring a double major. It gives you a lot more exposure to the material to determine whether you want to fully commit to the remainder of the courses. If not, at least you have a fancy minor! Engineering's a pretty rigorous major, so it's best to get a feel for things first. :P
> [{quoted}](name=Wuks,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=dXIgXd1i,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-07T07:10:23.223+0000) > > I've actually written many a college admission essay, and they've gotten me admitted into universities both out of high school and out of community college. Out of high school, notably I was accepted into the University of Texas at Austin for Computer Science and to the University of California, Santa Barbara as an undeclared major for the College of Letters & Sciences. I opted to go to community college (I wish I had gone to UCSB, but what can ya do), and out of community college, I was accepted into and currently attend the University of California, Davis. > > I firmly believe that my essays and extracurriculars set me apart from the other applicants, where my academics didn't. I partook in student government in high school and through community college, worked in other capacities within my high school and community college districts, and emphasized my passion for service wherever I could. > > Accounting's a very structured and assumably consistent occupation, so if that's something you're interested in, go for it! A piece of advice that I'd recommend for you is to either take the class as an elective or pursue the minor before declaring a double major. It gives you a lot more exposure to the material to determine whether you want to fully commit to the remainder of the courses. If not, at least you have a fancy minor! Engineering's a pretty rigorous major, so it's best to get a feel for things first. :P I was doing some research, and it appears that Economics is not only something that requires classes that I have taken, but it is something that I am interested in as well. What I know for sure is that I want to work with money and math. would taking pre-cal* be of any use? *(In 8th grade, I had the opportunity to take Algebra 1, but because I was unconfident in my math skills at that time, I chose pre-algebra again. I regret the decision because it has held me back. I have matured a lot since then.)
Wuks (NA)
: Addressing your question about taking the SAT again, for some colleges, you only submit your highest score, and for others colleges, you submit all of your scores. Regardless of what the college you're applying requests, they'll often only evaluate you based on the highest score that you report. I took the SAT three to four times and obtained a peak score of 2220. Using a practice book and really understanding the patterns that the SAT uses will definitely help boost your score. Based on the admission stats that I've seen from UCF, you're an "average" candidate; however, I'm a bit in the dark here since I don't know your extracurriculars and ambitions (what you'll put in the essay and how you'll convey it, if there is an essay). But schools see passion, leadership, and activity as pluses when they evaluate you as an applicant, so you might want to look into getting involved with a local company as part of an internship, volunteer/community service, and/or create/join a club. Your passions and your extracurriculars should tie together to form a cohesive picture to the admissions committee about who you are as a person and why they should admit you into what looks to be a competitive program. But I think most of all is convincing not only the admissions committee that the major you're applying to is something that you want to do, but also convincing yourself. It's important to do something that you'll be happy with 5, 10, 20 years down the road. This is another reason why extracurriculars in the field you're applying to is important. If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask. Good luck and, of course, have a fun senior year!
> [{quoted}](name=Wuks,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=dXIgXd1i,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-08-07T06:35:16.886+0000) > > Addressing your question about taking the SAT again, for some colleges, you only submit your highest score, and for others colleges, you submit all of your scores. Regardless of what the college you're applying requests, they'll often only evaluate you based on the highest score that you report. I took the SAT three to four times and obtained a peak score of 2220. Using a practice book and really understanding the patterns that the SAT uses will definitely help boost your score. > > Based on the admission stats that I've seen from UCF, you're an "average" candidate; however, I'm a bit in the dark here since I don't know your extracurriculars and ambitions (what you'll put in the essay and how you'll convey it, if there is an essay). But schools see passion, leadership, and activity as pluses when they evaluate you as an applicant, so you might want to look into getting involved with a local company as part of an internship, volunteer/community service, and/or create/join a club. Your passions and your extracurriculars should tie together to form a cohesive picture to the admissions committee about who you are as a person and why they should admit you into what looks to be a competitive program. > > But I think most of all is convincing not only the admissions committee that the major you're applying to is something that you want to do, but also convincing yourself. It's important to do something that you'll be happy with 5, 10, 20 years down the road. This is another reason why extracurriculars in the field you're applying to is important. > > If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask. Good luck and, of course, have a fun senior year! So what i'm looking at the most is accounting. I like math because it's a puzzle that has patterns to it.(even though writing is my best score on the SAT...somehow...). Anyways, now my question is about my essay: do you write one and did it help you gain acceptance? https://admissions.ucf.edu/faq/ ---- Application Process ---- Number four EDIT: I also want to go into accounting because I tend to be really good at organizing, keeping a budget, and math just relieves my anxiety (I have this issue where when I get too anxious and have panic attacks that I count upwards). at the same time however, I feel like my creativity can help me out in engineering. who knows, I might double major.
Rioter Comments
Show more

KyleTheConqueror

Level 60 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion