: Depression
What if I'm depressed because I'm NOT alone? What then, huh?
CLG ear (NA)
: just monika
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/383/608/8b3.png
: Anime Tbh
I see nothing out of the ordinary here.
: Series 3 Teemo Figuring, Made in China LOL
Well what do you expect, Riot is a Chinese company.
: All Yasuo Players Are Crybabies
I played Yasuo once in ARAM and I didn't cry.
: What forgotten champions do you wish were "in the meta" more often?
Top: {{champion:24}} I might take a lot of flak for this, but I honestly believe Jax is one of the healthiest top laners in the game, as long as he's not abusing some broken item. Jax exemplifies precisely what top lane should be: a melee brawl where knowledge of matchups, timing your trades properly, and good wave management are deciding factors in who wins lane. I honestly love playing against Jax because I feel like there is always outplay potential on both sides, whether that be through mechanical skill or game knowledge. I can fight him early, but only when his E is down. I can bait his Q to ensure a follow-up kill with my jungler. I have to be wary of his level 6 all-in, but he's not unstoppable if I play it properly. And if worse comes to worse, I can always roam better than he can, depending on my champion choice. Mid: {{champion:161}} Gonna have to say Vel'koz here as well. Out of all mid laners in the game, Vel is one of the scariest to face when ahead but also one of the easiest to play against if you know what you're doing. This makes any matches against him purely about player agency and raw skill. A good Vel'koz is a terror, but even against a good Vel'koz there are opportunities for an equally good player to take advantage of due to his kit being completely skillshot-based. Vel'koz being meta also means that mid lane is fulfilling its intended purpose: a place where squishy mages with ample waveclear and good roam potential can thrive. Obviously Vel'koz doesn't have the best roams in the game, but that's the beauty of it. Vel'koz players need to WORK for their victories, instead of having someone like Talon or Zed simply walk bot lane for a free double kill whenever their ults are up. Jungle: {{champion:35}} Gonna show my bias on this one, since I'm a Shaco main, but hear me out. Shaco is one of those champions who is loved by his mains and despised by everyone else. His kit is absurdly strong in the right hands, he's notorious for abusing items, his playstyle frustrates players to no end, and he snowballs harder than any other champion in the game. Despite these faults, I believe a meta where Shaco is strong (but not TOO strong) can serve to teach players a lot about the game itself. Shaco does one thing, and he does it well: he punishes mistakes. His abilities allow him to wreak havoc on disorganized, uncoordinated teams, and on players who lack the game knowledge to play against him. I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this, but it's a simple fact that Shaco thrives in situations where players are inexperienced. To play against Shaco requires an entirely different set of skills than what your average player is used to. Because of the simplicity of his kit, a greater burden of knowledge is placed on one's strategic aptitude and the ability to think in unfamiliar terms. A good example of this is warding. Warding against a Shaco is completely different than warding against other junglers because there are a lot more places Shaco can gank from. Thus, it is more effective to ward Shaco's camps rather than lane bushes. Knowledge of jungle routes is important in predicting where Shaco might show up next. Playing against Shaco requires you to plan your moves carefully so that you can foresee in advance where he will be and act accordingly. In essence, you must put yourself into the mind of the Shaco player. And this is why Shaco is such a joy to play against. It's a battle of wills, a meeting of minds; one person's strategy and tactics vs. another's. Much different from the usual mechanical outplays that people are used to making. Shaco draws people out of their comfort zone and forces them to adapt to unique situations more so than any other champion in the game. Every time I play against Shaco I learn something new about the game, or I play the game in a way entirely different from the way I usually do. ADC: {{champion:22}} Gonna keep this one short and sweet since I know the least about the ADC role, but Ashe is basically the most balanced ADC in the game. Even if she gets incredibly fed, there's always a way to take her down. Ashe is a very unforgiving champion to play as, and this means that Ashe metas are typically more about an ADC's relative skill than anything else. She doesn't have any bullshit safety mechanics like Tristana, she doesn't have absurd burst damage like Xayah or Draven, and she doesn't have any way to turn the tables if she messes up like Vayne. She's a pure ADC, one of the last there is. Playing against Ashe, you never feel like the game is hopelessly over if she's fed, and in this meta that means something. Support: {{champion:432}} I'm gonna preface this by saying Bard IN HIS CURRENT STATE is not my ideal Bard meta. He simply does too much damage right now (but then, who doesn't?). For this pick to be valid, damage creep would have to be scaled back; think Bard how he was last year. Anyway, Bard is a champion that I feel doesn't get enough credit. I've seen Bard players pull off amazing things, and anyone who can play this champion well has my full respect. Playing against Bard is just so damn entertaining that I can't justify giving this spot to anyone else. He can do things that no other support in the game can, but at first glance his abilities belie his potential. Bard metas are great because they force people to get creative with how they use their champion. His original intended purpose as a roaming support was, at the time, something entirely unheard of when it came to champion concepts. A good support would, of course, roam to other lanes when the opportunity presented itself, but Bard is the first example of a support designed with roaming in mind. As I mentioned in my Shaco example, anything that forces players out of their comfort zone to experiment with new ways to play the game is a good thing in my book. Adaptability is key when it comes to playing Bard, and it's also important when playing against Bard, because there are so many ways he can aid his team.
Ahpe (NA)
: The only flaw (which is incredibly huge) is Skarner gap closing, it's practically not existent.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahpe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Eeg7LLXa,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-07-18T02:21:00.659+0000) > > The only flaw (which is incredibly huge) is Skarner gap closing, it's practically not existent. Don't forget the fact that he has no passive ability. Also his Q is literally only there to proc Sheen effects.
00Stefan (NA)
: Why do dog sh*t players always talk up to people who are carrying? LOL you're a$$
: A simple defense of CertainlyT
The enjoyment level of a champion's player shouldn't be prioritized over the enjoyment level of a champion's opponent. Yes, CT does often make unique champions whose kits feel thematically appropriate. But this almost always comes at the expense of balance. Kalista and Yasuo in particular are absolutely horrible to play against if they're even moderately strong. Zoe's play pattern is as toxic as old Nidalee, who was changed for the exact same reason. Furthermore, the person playing the champion should ideally be having as much fun as their opponent. CTs champions don't take this into account. All he cares about is whether his champions feel fun to play AS, which creates a toxic environment that discourages people from playing the game.
: I just thought of a quick little "Would you rather?" question.
I'd say blind, simply because I love music too much.
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rca4PxAA,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2018-07-17T16:46:07.543+0000) > > At least in the lore, Zoe is millions of years old. > > Still, PP Zoe for all its worth on a superficial level, is just a child in a one-piece swimsuit. The fact we're even fighting a political argument over something like that is a bit of a problem on its own. Next you'd be telling me no game should have child characters, because anything they wear suggests something naughty; which is a bit extreme, don't you think? Jesus eyerolling Christ 1. This isn't political. What's the partisan divide on creeps? 2. No one has suggested banning kids. No one complained about Annie like they did with Zoe. Don't straw man me, junior. 3. Doesn't it strike you as odd that they had to make this kid "technically super old"? It's as if they knew this was going to happen. 4. You're need to be right is propping up rings of the deranged. I hope you're happy with yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=RookPusher,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rca4PxAA,comment-id=00020000000000010000,timestamp=2018-07-17T16:49:20.545+0000) >4. You're need to be right is propping up rings of the deranged. *Your
CLG ear (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Malix Farwin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rca4PxAA,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-07-17T19:24:00.307+0000) > > People are making a bigger deal out of this skin then needs to happen. I am getting the skin because i think its a fun and cute little skin and people are transforming it into something its not. because it's bull shit that zoe gets a skin after not even being a year old; meanwhile Taliyah is over two years old and hasn't got shit except for a worlds skin coming up and skin team is probably pissed that they have to do that.
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rca4PxAA,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-07-17T19:27:31.833+0000) > > because it's bull shit that zoe gets a skin after not even being a year old; meanwhile Taliyah is over two years old and hasn't got shit except for a worlds skin coming up and skin team is probably pissed that they have to do that. Well here's the thing about Taliyah: she's an earth mage. And a Pool Party skin would obviously be water-themed. Since she's already got Freljord Taliyah, which is ice-themed, a water-themed skin would be too similar because ice is basically water.
: > [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rca4PxAA,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-07-17T15:42:10.866+0000) > > Children swim and play in pools, too. > > Not to mention, Zoe is more "legal" than Ellen Page if we have to go down the technicalities, but aye. More legal than Ellen Page? What? Well aware kids use the pool. Also well aware that this game doesn't adhere to reality constantly, and since there was already some controversy around Zoe you would have thought they had the insight to avoid this landmine, but apparently they let the Balance Team approve this one. In a game where people are already lascivious in their appreciation of the champs, we could have avoided attractive the unsavory clientele that will be buying that skin on day 1.
> [{quoted}](name=RookPusher,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rca4PxAA,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-07-17T16:35:16.580+0000) > > More legal than Ellen Page? What? > > Well aware kids use the pool. Also well aware that this game doesn't adhere to reality constantly, and since there was already some controversy around Zoe you would have thought they had the insight to avoid this landmine, but apparently they let the Balance Team approve this one. > > In a game where people are already lascivious in their appreciation of the champs, we could have avoided attractive the unsavory clientele that will be buying that skin on day 1. I mean it could be worse. It could be Pool Party Annie. At least Zoe is technically legal.
Rioter Comments
CLG ear (NA)
: What time do u go to bed?
Around 11 most nights. Sometimes earlier if I have a busy next day.
: The true warframe end game is glyphs
I thought glyphs were those things you got after killing a boss for the first time? Or are those called something else?
: is it a fallacy to use your ranks in argument
It is fallacious, yes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority Note, however, that if all parties involved in the discussion agree on the reliability of said authority, then it is no longer a fallacy.
: > [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yApQr1jJ,comment-id=000c00010000,timestamp=2018-07-14T20:17:21.194+0000) > > Blame Riot for creating autofill in the first place. I have no desire to learn or play ADC, and you're damn right I'll do anything in my power to not play that role. Not only for my own sake, but for the sake of my team's elo. If I'm forced to play ADC, they're better off dodging. Trolling your team isn't the answer.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yApQr1jJ,comment-id=000c000100000000,timestamp=2018-07-14T20:43:32.302+0000) > > Trolling your team isn't the answer. I never troll my team......in game. In champ select, when I'm autofilled to ADC, all bets are off. But once the game's started it wouldn't make sense to troll at that point. If it comes down to it I'll dodge the game myself. But obviously I'd rather have someone other than me do the dodging if at all possible.
: > [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BNosAd9y,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-14T20:26:28.465+0000) > > The tutorial has been outdated for years. > > Literal YEARS. > > Now I'm no game developer, but if WERE to make a game, creating a tutorial that properly illustrates how to play my game would be a high priority. It's not like Riot doesn't have the resources to keep a tutorial up to date and relevant, so don't give me that "muh development" bs. So the game wouldn't be dying if Riot updated their tutorials/the player experience which they're doing now therefore the game isn't dying. Glad we worked out that the game is alive and thriving
> [{quoted}](name=AnAggravatedPimp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BNosAd9y,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-07-14T20:41:47.798+0000) > > So the game wouldn't be dying if Riot updated their tutorials/the player experience which they're doing now therefore the game isn't dying. > > Glad we worked out that the game is alive and thriving They're trying to solve a problem that has already done irreparable damage. A little late to begin treatment for cancer when the cancer is already terminal.
: > [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BNosAd9y,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-07-14T18:35:19.383+0000) > > The fact that they're only getting around to it now is another sign that the game is dying. Or that you know nothing about development and are just riding a tired circlejerk.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BNosAd9y,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-07-14T19:13:07.704+0000) > > Or that you know nothing about development and are just riding a tired circlejerk. The tutorial has been outdated for years. Literal YEARS. Now I'm no game developer, but if WERE to make a game, creating a tutorial that properly illustrates how to play my game would be a high priority. It's not like Riot doesn't have the resources to keep a tutorial up to date and relevant, so don't give me that "muh development" bs.
: > [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yApQr1jJ,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-07-11T17:33:52.631+0000) > > I'll only try and force a dodge if I get autofilled to ADC. Anything else I can play with varying levels of success, but ADC is the one role I absolutely cannot play for the life of me. I make it clear to my team in champ select that I'm the worst ADC imaginable, in the hopes that someone might trade with me, but if no one does, then I'd rather act like a dick and force a dodge than go into game knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'll just be a burden on my team and make us lose. You illustrate the exact problem OP is complaining about.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yApQr1jJ,comment-id=000c0001,timestamp=2018-07-14T18:47:04.695+0000) > > You illustrate the exact problem OP is complaining about. Blame Riot for creating autofill in the first place. I have no desire to learn or play ADC, and you're damn right I'll do anything in my power to not play that role. Not only for my own sake, but for the sake of my team's elo. If I'm forced to play ADC, they're better off dodging.
: Riot did specifically say they are working on fixing up the very outdated new player experience about 6-9 months back, now? Every half-decent studio knows new player retention is important
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BNosAd9y,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-14T18:05:19.970+0000) > > Riot did specifically say they are working on fixing up the very outdated new player experience about 6-9 months back, now? > > Every half-decent studio knows new player retention is important The fact that they're only getting around to it now is another sign that the game is dying.
Rioter Comments
: Have you tried buying an extremely inefficient computer and locking yourself in a room with minimal ventilation?
> [{quoted}](name=The MechE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zELsowGj,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-07-14T02:21:25.538+0000) > > Have you tried buying an extremely inefficient computer and locking yourself in a room with minimal ventilation? Yeah, or maybe I could just hire someone to breath on my hands at regular intervals while I'm playing.
: Dumb One Liner's to get people to fight you?
I got a bunch of 'em, but they only work on weebs.
: Drink coffee or tea. Just holding the mug will warm your hands.
> [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zELsowGj,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-07-13T22:45:49.423+0000) > > Drink coffee or tea. Just holding the mug will warm your hands. I always have a cup of tea in the mornings, but later in the day my hands cool down again. Maybe I just have poor circulation.....
Vacus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Im Coming Senna,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zELsowGj,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-13T21:22:10.303+0000) > > Theres a win? You literally are just calling the OP crazy. That "it isnt cold because its summer". I am just explaining that it is not as crazy as you make it seem. I think you need to go back and reread the posts in this thread. The OP Is cold, and I offered the most likely explanation as to why. This is agreement, not calling him crazy.
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zELsowGj,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-13T22:17:00.574+0000) > > I think you need to go back and reread the posts in this thread. > > The OP Is cold, and I offered the most likely explanation as to why. > > This is agreement, not calling him crazy. I live in northern BC, Canada, though. I'm pretty sure that's not the southern hemisphere. We get a lot of really variable weather up here, and it's rarely goes above 25C even in summer. I don't usually mind the cold, but it's annoying when trying to play League that's all.
Rioter Comments
: What's the difference when she says "Please don't stop!" and "Please.Dont.Stop!"
One of them is a single command, while the other is three.
: Nerf Fiddlesticks Terrify
This is just wrong. Morgana's Q duration is longer than Fiddle's Q duration at max rank: 3 seconds vs. 2.25 seconds. Merc treads would still make Morg's Q last longer than Fid's Q.
KingTico (NA)
: Is there a chance I can get my perma banned 2 years ago reversed?
Nope, Riot doesn't revert perma bans. Once you're gone you're gone for good. Not like it really matters, since you can just buy a level 30 account for 10 bucks on eBay or something. But no, your original account will never come back.
: The sad truth about league of legends
k but my waifu is still real though right?
Silvër (NA)
: There is a method to the madness - I believe.
I don't believe this is a problem with League specifically. The strategy game genre has always been a niche market, simply because not everyone has over an hour a day to devote to learning, mastering, and playing an in-depth, multi-faceted game. People play games as a hobby, and the only times regular working/studying individuals have time for hobbies is on weekends or days off. Sure you might be able to squeeze in a bit of time during the week, but for most adults, it's not practical.
: > [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ee6foVTW,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-07-11T21:33:31.334+0000) > > Or we could all just eat pizza every day. It's got vegetables, meat, dairy, grains......all 4 food groups in a single delicious meal. > > Seriously, if it was made properly from scratch, you could eat pizza for every meal and be perfectly healthy. It just takes too long and costs too much to do so. Grains are worthless unless they're whole grain tbh One reason why America is so fat. High carb, low fat diets are the norm here.
> [{quoted}](name=SugeMinPikk,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ee6foVTW,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-07-11T21:39:32.468+0000) > > Grains are worthless unless they're whole grain tbh > > One reason why America is so fat. High carb, low fat diets are the norm here. You could definitely make pizza dough from whole grains.
: Cut added sugar
Or we could all just eat pizza every day. It's got vegetables, meat, dairy, grains......all 4 food groups in a single delicious meal. Seriously, if it was made properly from scratch, you could eat pizza for every meal and be perfectly healthy. It just takes too long and costs too much to do so.
: > [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yApQr1jJ,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-07-11T17:33:52.631+0000) > > I'll only try and force a dodge if I get autofilled to ADC. Anything else I can play with varying levels of success, but ADC is the one role I absolutely cannot play for the life of me. I make it clear to my team in champ select that I'm the worst ADC imaginable, in the hopes that someone might trade with me, but if no one does, then I'd rather act like a dick and force a dodge than go into game knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'll just be a burden on my team and make us lose. Learn adc or don't play ranked?
> [{quoted}](name=ApothNinja,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yApQr1jJ,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2018-07-11T20:34:06.371+0000) > > Learn adc or don't play ranked? I'd say knowing 4/5 roles is plenty for ranked. If you happen to get the one you're not good at, there's a good chance someone else on your team can play it passably. In that case it comes down to whether they're willing to trade. Maybe they also got autofilled to a role they're not comfortable with. Maybe someone would rather play ADC because they enjoy the role more. Me, I can't stand ADC. I can't stand anything about it. It's not that I couldn't learn the role if I wanted to, I just have no desire to. That said, there are plenty of people in this game who DO like ADC, and would gladly trade their role for it if the situation demanded. Part of playing as a team is learning to make sacrifices for the greater good. If you know someone on your team got autofilled to a role that you personally can play well, step up and cover for them. People shouldn't be expected to be masters at every single role in the game. In fact, some high-level players only play 1 or 2 roles, and some even play 1 or 2 champions in that role. That doesn't make them bad players, it makes them specialists.
CLG ear (NA)
: TIL my red blood cells are actually cute anime girls
I feel like this anime is just a ripoff of Osmosis Jones. https://em.wattpad.com/5e053d79dfb83be97eaec52d7cf5c44aca1d499b/68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f736868587a7952434333336e6a413d3d2d3338373335393932332e313461643665336466663663633739653739303333383533393033302e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720
: We really need a way to punish people who int in lobby to make people dodge because they got filled
I'll only try and force a dodge if I get autofilled to ADC. Anything else I can play with varying levels of success, but ADC is the one role I absolutely cannot play for the life of me. I make it clear to my team in champ select that I'm the worst ADC imaginable, in the hopes that someone might trade with me, but if no one does, then I'd rather act like a dick and force a dodge than go into game knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'll just be a burden on my team and make us lose.
Quinzley (EUNE)
: Great Cruves Thread.
I'm a big fan of the S-N curve. https://www.fatec-engineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/S-N-curve.png Engineering is hot.
: > [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TzNLZ7AI,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2018-07-10T18:53:00.252+0000) > > A thorough analysis, but I'd argue that for certain types of people, the risk of dying horribly in an anime world is a small price to pay for the chance to start over with a new life in a new place that is (depending on the anime world of choice) far more INTERESTING than this world. Even if they chose a slice of life anime, they would still get an opportunity for a fresh start, and maybe even the chance to improve their situation through experiences that they wouldn't otherwise have access to. After all, nowhere in the OP does it state you CAN'T be the protagonist. Though I would argue that, for the average viewer, going to a slice of life anime would be rather pointless if you weren't the protagonist. In the case of slice of life it really depends on the secondary genre i think. IMO the most basic slice of life follows a world that is 95% the same as ours. > There are also several anime worlds that, while they are dangerous in their own way, wouldn't be as bad as all that despite the risks. Take Mushishi for example. It's a pre-industrial agrarian society with a supernatural element that only a small portion of the population are intimately connected with. Yes it can be dangerous, but it's rarely so dangerous that you'd fear for your life, and most of the time it's not dangerous at all. That said, it's also a very "mystical" world, almost like Lord of the Rings would be if Sauron and the forces of evil didn't exist. In that sense it would be an extremely interesting world to experience and study. Sure, i'd take the risk of being burned alive to move to the world of the elderscrolls or most other fantasy worlds. I'd keep myself low key and as far away from danger as i can handle most likely tho. I'd classify these in the same way as most shonen (or atleast the classic adventure shonen) Naruto's world is fairly safe if you don't bother with ninja wars or missions. most people in bleach don't even know wtf is happening, same goes for dragonball. As i haven't seen the show in question i can't exactly judge but it seems like it comes closer to SOA/yu gi oh then. Altough it's clearly POSSIBLE for people to be harmed through it (the original "death game" and the Gun gale season/ Shadow games), it's very unlikely. as for the protagonist part, i understand the op never said that. But there's a 2 flaws with being the protagonist: - being immune to death (mostly) especially early on in your story. - Mastering the Powers/getting all the girls/being in very specific situations unlikely to happen. Being a side character would put you in a situation where you don't have everything going for you. Sure there's plenty where the main protag gets fucked over multiple times, but even in stuff like berserk there's characters you know won't die. If naruto dies, naruto ends, if luffy dies, one piece ends, if guts/griffith dies, berserk ends, etc.. you'd also not powerup mid battle every single time.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TzNLZ7AI,comment-id=001000000000,timestamp=2018-07-11T13:03:24.330+0000) > > as for the protagonist part, i understand the op never said that. But there's a 2 flaws with being the protagonist: > - being immune to death (mostly) especially early on in your story. > - Mastering the Powers/getting all the girls/being in very specific situations unlikely to happen. > An important point I think we've both forgotten is that the only reason the protagonist never dies and always gets the girls/masters the powers/etc. is because the anime is.........just an anime. It's a show on television; a fiction created by writers and producers to make money. If the protagonist dies and nothing interesting happens to him/her, there would be no story. With this though, it wouldn't be a fictional story. It would literally be us being transferred to an alternate reality that is as authentic as the computer in front of your face. There would be no writers behind the scenes manipulating the plot to keep you, the protagonist, alive. There wouldn't even be a way to tell that you are the protagonist in the first place (though you could make an educated guess if enough crazy shit happens to you). It's here that we get into two very grey areas surrounding this topic: clarification of the OP's intentions, and the metaphysical implications of such an event actually occurring. The former is easy enough to obtain. But there's also a ton of other information that isn't as cut-and-dry. Who is doing the transporting? How is it being done? Where specifically in the anime's world do you end up? Does the anime still remain an anime in THIS world (i.e. do the writers still decide the future of what goes on in the show, thereby affecting your life in the anime world)? Or would it be a completely separate reality, a parallel universe, that operates independently of the fictional world it's made out to be in this universe? If you became the protagonist, what would happen to the "real" protagonist of that anime? What would they be doing, how would they live? And assuming you ARE the protagonist, what would happen to the world if you were to die? This question is a lot more convoluted than it might appear at first, and I'm pretty sure we all know that already but choose to ignore the lack of relevant details because it's just a random thread on some video game's forums. It's all just speculation because it will never actually happen. But if it did, and you didn't start asking yourself (and whoever's doing the transporting) these kinds of questions, you probably don't deserve to go to your chosen world.
: I Have Trust Issues
This is why I never eat anything I didn't cook myself. Fast food is garbage for your health anyway.
: Diana Is The Hottest League Waifu
Sry, I'm team {{champion:89}} .
: When you clean out your vacuum cleaner
What if you used a vacuum cleaner to clean your body instead of showering?
CLG ear (NA)
: Kill La Darling
: How about you add some more info to that question. Depending on the setting you'll either be in constant danger (Berserk), relative danger that has little to do with you (Naruto, OP, Hero aca, etc) or in the same setting you're in now (any slice of life). You'll still need to work or do something to make money, you need food and a place to live afterall. You're not gonna be the protagonist. now let's look at some popular choices: Pokemon/digimon Sounds great, alot of people's childhood wish. Until you realize there's big ass monsters under control of people and it's very unlikely that there's actually gonna be a 10 year old saving the world every time. The world might be fairly safe if you don't mess with anyone, but i wouldn't just go camping in veridian forest. same goes for digimon but that shit is either No threat or threatening to end the world. and you're not the protag, so chances of being digidestined are slim. Naruto, Bleach, One piece, fairy tale Hero academia, Dragon ball, etc (most standard shonen) These worlds require immense dedication to certain skills, which allow you to fulfill "contracts" to sustain yourself. However naruto and Hero academia have shown us that it's not all sunshine and happy adventures. And while a show like one piece pulls alot of punches when it comes to character death, there's some real scary ppl out there. Berserk, Parasyte, Hellsing, tokyo Ghoul (can't believe i'm putting that in the same list as berserk) etc I don't think this needs explaining? Slice of life (non harem edition) Hf being a japanese businessman. simply put: you'll be doing the same shit you do now. Ecchi/harem anime Boy i already told you, you ain't the protagonist stop drooling. Now for the 2 i can think of RN that would actually be an improvement: Yu gi oh (classic series ofc, others are garbage) SOA both worlds function roughly like ours. Yu gi oh, takes a simple card game quite far, but clearly there's people with normal jobs who do it as a hobby too. Don't play shadow games and you gucci. their technology seems advanced in certain areas to top it off. SAO, before you get too excited, yes you'll still be working, paying bills, doing IRL things, etc. But your gaming experience has Full dive technology added to the mix, which is probably as ~~good~~ Immersive as gaming can get.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TzNLZ7AI,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2018-07-09T20:50:54.812+0000) > > How about you add some more info to that question. > > Depending on the setting you'll either be in constant danger (Berserk), relative danger that has little to do with you (Naruto, OP, Hero aca, etc) or in the same setting you're in now (any slice of life). > You'll still need to work or do something to make money, you need food and a place to live afterall. > You're not gonna be the protagonist. > > > now let's look at some popular choices: > > Pokemon/digimon > Sounds great, alot of people's childhood wish. Until you realize there's big ass monsters under control of people and it's very unlikely that there's actually gonna be a 10 year old saving the world every time. The world might be fairly safe if you don't mess with anyone, but i wouldn't just go camping in veridian forest. > same goes for digimon but that shit is either No threat or threatening to end the world. and you're not the protag, so chances of being digidestined are slim. > > Naruto, Bleach, One piece, fairy tale Hero academia, Dragon ball, etc (most standard shonen) > These worlds require immense dedication to certain skills, which allow you to fulfill "contracts" to sustain yourself. However naruto and Hero academia have shown us that it's not all sunshine and happy adventures. And while a show like one piece pulls alot of punches when it comes to character death, there's some real scary ppl out there. > > Berserk, Parasyte, Hellsing, tokyo Ghoul (can't believe i'm putting that in the same list as berserk) etc > I don't think this needs explaining? > > Slice of life (non harem edition) > Hf being a japanese businessman. simply put: you'll be doing the same shit you do now. > > Ecchi/harem anime > Boy i already told you, you ain't the protagonist stop drooling. > > Now for the 2 i can think of RN that would actually be an improvement: > Yu gi oh (classic series ofc, others are garbage) > SOA > > both worlds function roughly like ours. > > Yu gi oh, takes a simple card game quite far, but clearly there's people with normal jobs who do it as a hobby too. Don't play shadow games and you gucci. their technology seems advanced in certain areas to top it off. > > SAO, before you get too excited, yes you'll still be working, paying bills, doing IRL things, etc. But your gaming experience has Full dive technology added to the mix, which is probably as ~~good~~ Immersive as gaming can get. A thorough analysis, but I'd argue that for certain types of people, the risk of dying horribly in an anime world is a small price to pay for the chance to start over with a new life in a new place that is (depending on the anime world of choice) far more INTERESTING than this world. Even if they chose a slice of life anime, they would still get an opportunity for a fresh start, and maybe even the chance to improve their situation through experiences that they wouldn't otherwise have access to. After all, nowhere in the OP does it state you CAN'T be the protagonist. Though I would argue that, for the average viewer, going to a slice of life anime would be rather pointless if you weren't the protagonist. There are also several anime worlds that, while they are dangerous in their own way, wouldn't be as bad as all that despite the risks. Take Mushishi for example. It's a pre-industrial agrarian society with a supernatural element that only a small portion of the population are intimately connected with. Yes it can be dangerous, but it's rarely so dangerous that you'd fear for your life, and most of the time it's not dangerous at all. That said, it's also a very "mystical" world, almost like Lord of the Rings would be if Sauron and the forces of evil didn't exist. In that sense it would be an extremely interesting world to experience and study.
: Before you enter the memotions contest...
For the people who win this contest, it's more about pride and a sense of accomplishment than any physical prizes. You get to say, to yourself and others, "The art I drew was so good, a multi-billion dollar company selected it out of thousands of other entries to be represented in their extremely popular game." Basically you get bragging rights. Additionally, if you're an up-and-coming artist in some form or another, you can use this win to boost your status and credibility within the art community. Your name will be more widely recognized, and that alone, as an aspiring artist, is worth a hell of a lot.
Arduno (NA)
: Would we have anyone left on this planet if we could transport ourselves to a anime world?
Well considering most of the world doesn't watch/care about anime, I doubt we'd lose more than 10 million. The real problem would be how the world's economy would recover when a large portion of the 12-30 year-old population suddenly disappears.
: > [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4WGGAYrz,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-07-08T22:10:02.876+0000) > > That Udyr VU is lookin' pretty nice. > > Also, sit ur ass down right now and watch Steins;Gate already. Don't make me chase you. yeah ehmmm already watched it, also the OVA and the movie and yeah watching 0 right now ¯\\\_(ツ)_/¯
> [{quoted}](name=Loafs of Pain,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4WGGAYrz,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-07-08T22:23:06.646+0000) > > yeah ehmmm already watched it, also the OVA and the movie and yeah watching 0 right now ¯\\\_(ツ)_/¯ You've been gone way too long then, cuz last time I asked, you hadn't watched it yet.
: Yeah we all know that spring anime is over
> [{quoted}](name=Loafs of Pain,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4WGGAYrz,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-07-08T21:25:12.305+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/RT0l51G.png > That Udyr VU is lookin' pretty nice. Also, sit ur ass down right now and watch Steins;Gate already. Don't make me chase you.
: The way I see it is imagine you're working in a professional office setting. Would you want your boss to see the picture in question if they just happened to swing by your cubicle?
> [{quoted}](name=Daddy Issues,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mcJmoWkp,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-07-08T17:41:11.607+0000) > > The way I see it is imagine you're working in a professional office setting. Would you want your boss to see the picture in question if they just happened to swing by your cubicle? Sometimes I ask for my boss's opinion on the lewd things I look at. So yes.
Show more

L Psy Congroo

Level 144 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion