: > [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JlVpN4e8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-04T16:20:57.177+0000) > > Riot started the fanfit. It's called canon fanfit. It's accepted by offical, but it's not really what it is in the original material. Garen and kat is an example of that. Garen and Taric are not an official, romantic, couple.
> [{quoted}](name=Bioluminescence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JlVpN4e8,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-04T16:22:23.998+0000) > > Garen and Taric are not an official, romantic, couple. haha yeah not like {{champion:44}} and {{champion:81}} . lol just kidding.... but on the other hand.... nah lol joking.... unless.....
Meddler (NA)
: We're seeing her underperform in all skill levels at present so are pretty confident we've got some decent room to buff her. The passive Q damage increase does look meaningful, given it doesn't kick in at all until level 9 though we don't think it's going to be excessive.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=wYcVRQBO,comment-id=00150000,timestamp=2019-08-09T17:45:33.851+0000) > > We're seeing her underperform in all skill levels at present so are pretty confident we've got some decent room to buff her. The passive Q damage increase does look meaningful, given it doesn't kick in at all until level 9 though we don't think it's going to be excessive. how about giving her a mini-rework that makes her something other than "LCS Veigar"? like what is the actual point of these little power nudging numbers when at its core you wont let the champ ever be good because of her autonomous waveclear and reliable scaling? Like if you guys ACTUALLY want some of these champs to see more play you HAVE to hit them with something stronger than just "10s off ult here" and "15 more damage at level 5 there".
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 9
can you do something to Malzahar?{{champion:90}} its not satisfying to play him. every part of his kit feels gimped. Minions die to sneezes, E tickles for damage and is mostly a vehicle for Liandries. I dont like how attached to the hip these two abilities are. R doesnt fuck all damage to tanks despite having some CUHRAZY %max hp based puddle. could you turn his suppress into a super cripple beam instead(90% slow/AS slow +silence) and in turn jack his numbers and buff minions across the board or something? you know what I wanna see a balance talk about? ungutting the champions the got targeted for proplay.
: Please Riot, these Renek and Kled changes are terrible for toplane. What are u doing?
I wouldnt mind the change if they reduced Ruth Pred EMP stun from 1.5 down to its NORMAL 0.75s that it is on base and just made the animation slightly faster to compensate or something
: Where I think Qiyana's design fails, and how it can apply to other poorly designed champions.
I wouldnt say Qiyana is a "failed" champ she just has a very tricky learning curve people have yet to understand where her true strengths lie imo. (Qiyana is {{champion:91}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:163}} tier roamer thanks to her W passive+Yommu's and Mobi) / ( If you Q during E it doesn't miss and makes it so your Execute damage/CC is all but guaranteed) I do agree with the no options into ranged statments though and completely lackluster lategame BUT I think thats mostly a glitch with her R where the ability isnt scaling to 17% max hp but rather stays at 10% . I dont think Qiyana is a failure or even "unhealthy" in any sense. I think its one of those champions where you just have to hold your tongue until more people figure out how to play her and honestly I blame Riot for doing such poor jobs with explaining and outlining her playstyle. Both her champion page and Spotlight were barebones when it came to information,tips or tricks and I think her release as a WHOLE was heavily overshadowed by TFT leading to less people devoting time to optimizing a playstyle for her. also I wouldnt compare Qiyana to the statcheck abominations that are Nasus,Udyr and Trynd lol. she does have counterplay going on thats not just "kite or lose" for starters she at least has a skillshot. same cant be said for {{champion:23}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:77}}
: Mordekaiser is an absolute abomination.
1. QSS tax or Cleanse makes him a complete non-factor alternatively {{item:3194}} seriously hampers his DPS if you are tank OR {{item:3091}} if you are DPS. Mages have access to {{item:3102}} so Morde becomes really hesitant to R you. 2. play literally any champ with mobility/ranged options or high duel power. Morde cant fight people who WANT to fight him {{champion:122}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:23}} mid to late will dumpster him mercilessly and like wise he cant land his E he has zero options to get on top of someone such as {{champion:67}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:236}} outside of just trudging forward fruitlessly. 3. try walking a mile (or at least 5-10 games) in the champions shoes then ask yourself if you feel the same way. I think Morde is another Darius case where he will absolutely dumpster any and everyone at lower elo's due to the straightforward high power kit but wont see play at higher levels unless numbers are disgusting enough to overlook his clear weaknesses.
: Death Recap Update on PBE!
where are the :tips for playing against champions? like "when Kai'sa begins stacking plasma look out for her W as it will do bonus damage" or " Mordekaiser Death Realm can be removed by Quicksilver sash" even IF you want to use argument that "the game is rapidly evolving so that counterplay might not be relevant Y years later" then shouldnt it be as easy as updating the ingame tooltips?\ oh also when are you guys gonna do the ratio update that was teased some time ago? it still sucks having to go to the fan wiki to see that my Elise spiderling has a 95% AP ratio.
SEKAI (OCE)
: Usually, Black Cleaver is generally the only offensive item Garen needs, though. He can focus on building tank for the rest of his item slots to make sure he's practically immortal in combat (at least not when he's being analed by today's 'burst per second' meta), while doing not insane, but at least respectable amount of damage.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a0G89G1r,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-30T04:29:06.771+0000) > > Usually, Black Cleaver is generally the only offensive item Garen needs, though. > > He can focus on building tank for the rest of his item slots to make sure he's practically immortal in combat (at least not when he's being analed by today's 'burst per second' meta), while doing not insane, but at least respectable amount of damage. Cleaver is all you need but double lethality after that is pretty nuts imo. Cleaver into Yommu+Dusk/Edge is my favorite build because it gives you such insane damage potential on spin and crazy high tower pushing.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 28
imo Wukong needs a new model. ngl I cant stand that current BASE default Wukong Model is going commando under there and how his armor is kinda oversized and ill-fitting almost. (the whole commando thing is made worse by the fact that he took the time to wear shoes though. like of all the places where you can cut clothing on a animal-warrior feet and hands are where I LEAST expect ). just my personal thoughts and I know theres prob no way it happens but I wish all this was just a entire VGU w some additional VO stuff too not just a GU. Wukong deserves it atm Im just going to headcannon that Radiant Wukong is base Wukong and nothing else.
Meddler (NA)
: We think alike! Swain ravens is another reference point we've been considering, with the way they perch on terrain near him seeming like a good blend of clarity and satisfaction. Could also potentially be a mixture of some degree of following you and some degree of getting out of the way onto terrain during combat, or other similar approaches.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=Ab3z3wLr,comment-id=00300000,timestamp=2019-06-20T16:30:36.820+0000) > > We think alike! > > Swain ravens is another reference point we've been considering, with the way they perch on terrain near him seeming like a good blend of clarity and satisfaction. Could also potentially be a mixture of some degree of following you and some degree of getting out of the way onto terrain during combat, or other similar approaches. ehhhh they did that in Dota2 (https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Almond_the_Frondillo) and I cant say Im a big fan of it. Makes LoL feel way too cash-shoppy and ruins immersion imo. I actually wonder how visually obnoxious one could get by via runes,pets,emotes and homeguard trails. how long until we jump the shark and just go full Maplestory NeXON cash shop mode?
Hadriel (NA)
: To be honest, I'm disappointed with the decision you made on Sona. Pro play is convulsing against Sona because teams refuse to acknowledge that they must go out of their comfort zone to beat her. Isn't Sona doing exactly what you guys hoped to accomplish RE: opening up botlane for champions other than marksmen without the heavy-handed measures you took last year which simply suppressed ADCs? You can say the goal isn't to take Sona out of botlane, but you can't seriously believe that the changes on PBE won't do just that. This was a great opportunity of letting pro play evolve around a pick without it coming at the price distortions in casual play and instead you're caving to an extremely resistant pro environment that will always thwart your efforts to diversify botlane simply because of establishment.
> [{quoted}](name=Hadriel,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=Ab3z3wLr,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-20T14:59:40.145+0000) > > To be honest, I'm disappointed with the decision you made on Sona. Pro play is convulsing against Sona because teams refuse to acknowledge that they must go out of their comfort zone to beat her. Isn't Sona doing exactly what you guys hoped to accomplish RE: opening up botlane for champions other than marksmen without the heavy-handed measures you took last year which simply suppressed ADCs? > > You can say the goal isn't to take Sona out of botlane, but you can't seriously believe that the changes on PBE won't do just that. This was a great opportunity of letting pro play evolve around a pick without it coming at the price distortions in casual play and instead you're caving to an extremely resistant pro environment that will always thwart your efforts to diversify botlane simply because of establishment. this if they refuse to fight fire with fire then let them burn. one day they will realize that you cant just pick Marksmen+support into literally EVERYTHING and expect a easy win or a 50/50 matchup.
: Your request has been noted. Please wait in the nearest remote cornfield for further instruction. Go alone. No matter what you hear, don't look behind you.
> [{quoted}](name=Carnival Knights,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=4Jwz2mAm,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-12T21:25:49.897+0000) > > Your request has been noted. Please wait in the nearest remote cornfield for further instruction. > > Go alone. > > No matter what you hear, don't look behind you. how in the world are you gonna translate this to Pirate/Surprise Party/Bandito? the objectively absurd and goofy skins?
: Teamfight Tactics
isnt this just Autochess lol? How are they gonna survive the inc Lawsuit?
: > [{quoted}](name=Larriet,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=T2AKc2cI,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-08T01:30:11.999+0000) > > He is … really hunky now, thank you > {{sticker:sg-jinx}} Hey thanks for saying so you made my day! I hope everyone really enjoys Morde 2.0 (and I hope the skins team make a new high tier skin for him soon plz plz plz)
> [{quoted}](name=Kindlejack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=T2AKc2cI,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-08T23:23:43.898+0000) > > Hey thanks for saying so you made my day! I hope everyone really enjoys Morde 2.0 (and I hope the skins team make a new high tier skin for him soon plz plz plz) new mordes design is great but I WILL say I wish LoL had some weirder characters. I actually didnt like that Yorick went from creepy hunchback to staunch daddy-mode. and as far as the kit goes so far I cant say I am terribley excited. Dont get me wrong it IS a solid kit, very straightforward and effective but there are some things that happened that rubbed me wrong 1. Removal of AD ratio'/ weird builds. this is something I see happen every now and then with champion updates. the more oddball abilities get gutted for something more direct and for me personally who never likes playing champions "as intended" it really sucks. I actually used to play E-max Raise Morale Plank before his update maxing out his AOE buff ability and piling on the aura items and rushing captain's boots/iron elixers. Currently on Morde I'm addicted to a Deaths Dance/Gunblade/Steraks build into full HP which is a build focused around making a singular raid-boss ghost for dominating teamfights with. the other fun build is that Ardent works on Morde due to his W ability functioning as a ALLY heal. You actually can Morde as like this fun little Heal/Shield dude with in-fight heals out of nowehere. I really liked old Riot champ design because of oddities like this. Warwick's old Hunters Call, old Gragas W giving him AD and resist,old Urgot having all the tools to be a support (%damage reduction on target,position swap and powerful armor shred that worked w cleaver). I LOVED turning oddities like that into a full-on playstyle in of itself. anyways yeah. Its really lame to see all his weirdness get taken away and instead just be " NO. YOU WILL BUILD AP. YOU WILL ENJOY IT" I mean Kayle got to keep her supportive stuff and Akali kept her hybrid stuff. Why does the guy with the HUGE MACE OF DOOM not have any sort of synergy with AD? I get that its okay to remove other abilities if like the kit plays the same and one mode just happens to be superior and since Ghost is now gone there was no true incentive to keep the AD but it sucks that during the rework you guys couldn't come up with a ways to still retain the ghost and thusly the AD morde options. At the VERY least kept the kit not-as selfish because Im a HUGE fan of teamwork spell and teamwork champions so losing one is like a being shot through the heart. ( 2. toe stepping.Personally I feel like Morde's new niche of 1v1 me conflicts with the identity of {{champion:48}}. a tad. I mean it used to be that if you were planning to ruin sejuani's day or punish metaslaves in a "tank meta" you opt into trundle and snuff out hard-engagers with your ult. Now that big daddy morde is here with his death realm can quite literally just remove the tanks from the map altogether as opposed to simply weakining them.....well maybe it kinda sucks for Trundle.I cant be completely sure as the champs not out yet but I feel like his current spot as this R-spam tank support is gonna be taken over now. I would really like trundle to receive some actual attention going forward from here if he does. Trundles kit is seriously archaic and is in high need of those mini-GU's thats happening on PBE recently. 3. Loss of unique playstyle. With the removal of Ghost Morde no longer has that unique twist on a playstyle. He is just very VERY straightforward duke-it out slugger bruiser. as awesome as the death realm idea is I dont feel like this was the right champ for it because it offers no real substitute for like pet-piloting focused gameplay. And not just gameplay wise but also identity wise. Current Morde is this guy who uses dragons to pressure the shit out of opponents and control the map. he has this kinda idea of being a siege leader with the ability to send a 5k hp battering ram down the lane new morde doesnt have that. he is mostly just kinda like a Darius that builds AP or something. a straightforward beatstick who's gameplay style is just that he deals alotta damage or something. meh. I think he will mostly be played as a answer to assassins or tanks and not much else. eugh... anyways yeah. You guys did a great job on the voice/model and everything but I find the kit to be kinda meh and a improvement in some ways but mostly a downgrade in a lot of other areas. You took wheat and turned it into chaff. really really nice looking chaff.
: I have a theoretical question: How can any champion (even undead and demons) be scary to us players? After all we also have powerful champs that decrease the horror of someone like Nocturne, since we can fight them. A normal human with no powers would be terrified but not us.
> [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zFXgEW1z,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-31T23:40:04.638+0000) > > I have a theoretical question: How can any champion (even undead and demons) be scary to us players? After all we also have powerful champs that decrease the horror of someone like Nocturne, since we can fight them. A normal human with no powers would be terrified but not us. you cant the most scared I have ever been of a champ was old Rengar. Before his ult had the "!" indicator and multiple sound cues. because I didnt listen to music back then and because no stealth characters ever opened up with a loud ass "REAWAAAR" sound. I would just be casually strolling the rift listening to the old LoL VGM lulled into a false sense of security and then suddenly he would jump and delete my champion. no Champion in LoL has ever scared me apart from the jumpscare champs gawd release Rengar used to give me fucking heart attacks jfc.
: Just because his dance is a reference doesn't mean it's the personality of the character. The goofiness can remain in his skins. Most of them are pretty silly. But asking that the default skin stay goofy doesn't really fit the look of the game, let alone the story. Fiddlesticks was always supposed to be terrifying. That was his story from the start. They've been pretty good about giving motivations to the ghost characters, and personality to the demons aside from Shaco. But as far as that goes, Fiddle doesn't really need personality or motivation. Dude's a scarecrow. And as it stands, he doesn't fit the scare part of the title. The reason we can't have characters that are too goofy is because it's really stupid to include a character that from their personality and actions seems completely incompetent, and have them fight on par with hardened war veterans and cosmic gods. That'd be like making Arm Fall Off Boy the star of a gritty Dark Knight-like movie.
> The reason we can't have characters that are too goofy is because it's really stupid to include a character that from their personality and actions seems completely incompetent, and have them fight on par with hardened war veterans and cosmic gods. That'd be like making Arm Fall Off Boy the star of a gritty Dark Knight-like movie. >he reason we can't have characters that are too goofy Didnt stop them from adding {{champion:142}} {{champion:427}} {{champion:350}} {{champion:115}} . also dont forget Jinx {{champion:222}} who miraculously never actually hurts or kills anyone despite her favorite past times being terrorizing people with bullets and rockets because ACTUAL psycho Jinx tested poorly with test audiences. Why cant we play the same little suspension of disbelief when it comes to Fiddlesticks? Oh yeah he's SUPPOSED to be terrifying but the irony of the situation is the he's bad at scaring people and all his attempts to keep people off his property only attracts more or something. I personally find that to be a more enthralling lore lore splash than evil fantasy scarecrow #134256 that stalks at midnight.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: unfortunately, amumu ult looks awful... huge step in the wrong direction
> [{quoted}](name=NotSoEvilDead,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=cRIFiyaO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-29T19:46:37.062+0000) > > unfortunately, amumu ult looks awful... huge step in the wrong direction I mean its not bad for the CURRENT ITERATION of Amumu. although Im sure in the future they can make it a LOT more like his music video. Amumu ult is like one of the strongest AOE ults in the game and Amumu himself is kinda built up to be this walking atom bomb (literally to the point that every near him dies and his very presence causing other living things to wretch and die) and it would be kinda criminal if they left it like this though come update instead of going whole ham. to this I agree but compared to LIVE amumu ult its great..
Sirhaian (NA)
: VFX Updates for Amumu, Lulu, Tryndamere and Ziggs
Great job on Ziggs. only thing missing is a SPECIAL explosion for taking out turrets with W. that Auto update is great though. Ziggs will actually rise in champ popularity cuz of this. I always felt like he had a decent kit but just mediocre SFX that didnt make you "feel" like the mad bomber
: > [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7kBuKkB7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-28T01:46:02.901+0000) > > inb4 he just a misunderstood good guy how wanted to save humanity from a greater threat, but looks evil. Hahahahaha I mean. Huehuehuehuehue He IS the greater threat.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot mChao,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7kBuKkB7,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-28T02:23:13.323+0000) > > Hahahahaha > > I mean. > > Huehuehuehuehue > > He IS the greater threat. so then Nagash from Warhammer?
: Wasn't Fiora's old R just... Alpha strike? Or am I misremembering? lol
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pl5zznQ9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-27T20:35:25.151+0000) > > Wasn't Fiora's old R just... Alpha strike? Or am I misremembering? lol Omnisslash is a simple but cathartic fun ability. I enjoy it and just think that it could have been implemented better.
: I feel like you simplified it too much. It's more like: AD: - % Pen - % Reduction - Flat Pen - GW - Mana - Defense (Armor/MR/Health) - AD - AS - Phantom Hit - % Health - Lifesteal - Critical Strike Chance - Critical Strike Damage - CDR AD has multiple items that cover multiple of those stats with the exception of GW, % Heatlh, Phantom and Crit Dmg. AP: - % Pen - Flat Pen - GW - Mana - Defense (Armor/MR/Health) - AP - % Health - CDR AP has pretty much one item for each stat other than AP, Mana and CDR. I don't think AP itemization is weak, far from it. AP itemization is strong but it's homogenized--there's a lack of diverse options outside of GLP and Twin Shadows for Glacial Augment.
> [{quoted}](name=Z3Sleeper,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5OvuxsgJ,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-05-27T19:17:53.523+0000) > > I feel like you simplified it too much. It's more like: > > AD: > - % Pen > - % Reduction > - Flat Pen > - GW > - Mana > - Defense (Armor/MR/Health) > - AD > - AS > - Phantom Hit > - % Health > - Lifesteal > - Critical Strike Chance > - Critical Strike Damage > - CDR > > AD has multiple items that cover multiple of those stats with the exception of GW, % Heatlh, Phantom and Crit Dmg. > > AP: > - % Pen > - Flat Pen > - GW > - Mana > - Defense (Armor/MR/Health) > - AP > - % Health > - CDR > > AP has pretty much one item for each stat other than AP, Mana and CDR. > > I don't think AP itemization is weak, far from it. AP itemization is strong but it's homogenized--there's a lack of diverse options outside of GLP and Twin Shadows for Glacial Augment. I didnt simplify Mana and CDR are all available for literally EVERY ROLE so theres no point in listing it I think you are missing the point of what at its core the BASE STATS each class item pool offers. its like. making a Item for a MARKSMAN is easy because you just slap crit on that badboy and you just about ensure that nobody but marksmen are gonna touch it. if you want FIGHTER item then you give it low end AD but meduim to HIGH HP and Marksmen dont touch it. the problem with AP is like there is no "crit" lever. there is no "attack speed" lever. There is ONLY penetration, Raw AP and flat HP. Its very hard to make a proper combination of this that someone like LeBlanc wont end up abusing to become a tank assassin or something so instead its on Riot to get dig deep and modify specific champions to just be bruisers naturally as opposed to becoming "bruisers" through the item system (because the item system just cant support them with the current core game design). also I never said AP itemization is weak. I actually think its STUPIDLY strong. brokenly so to the point that mages are overly effective at ALL stages of the game and marksmen are basically lowkey int-picks (anything besides {{champion:145}} {{champion:81}} or {{champion:67}} anyway). Like you could seriously just place Lissandra or Annie in place of a Caitlyn or Ashe and you would still be set to win the match in most typical cases. Hell you are even BETTER off because they become relevant after One item not three. {{item:3135}} and {{item:3089}} are honestly disgusting designs because they ensure that there is never a "window" for mages to be outpaced by marksmen. Annie will 100-0 with one rotation early game after and thanks to D-cap and Void she will STILL one-rotate you LATEGAME. there is NEVER a point where mages fall off and thats honestly disgusting as fuck. Why pick the sick cripple that you have to nurse back to health and spend every waking hour protecting when you can just pick the self-sufficient BEAST of a champion that hits the ground running? Mages beat Marksmen at tower damage (lets not even factor a {{item:3100}} into the equation) Mages beat marksmen at waveclearing (besides Sivir lol). Mages beat Marksmen at Burst. Mages can still answer tanks {{item:3151}} . Mages have options for right clicking,crowd controlling,the BEST defensive item(s) in the game {{item:3157}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3040}} . They just rock at EVERYTHING and theres no reason to ever NOT pick a mage. Even if your team already has 5 mages you can STILL GET AWAY WITH IT JUST BECAUSE OF HOW EFFICIENT VOID STAFF IS. IM NOT JOKING . VOID INVALIDATES MR STACKING SO HARD ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. uhhh anyway yeah. what were we talking about?
: AP Items are in one of the worst states ever
when it comes to mage "Bruiser" I dont see a way you can differentiate between the two items. see Marksmen have Attack Speed as a kinda secondary Lever for controlling which pool of champs who buys what. for Marksmen you have Flat AD HP Penetration Attack Speed<- IMPORTANt CRITICAL STRIKE<- IMPORTANT for Mages its Flat AP HP Penetration and thats kinda it.... because mages dont have those other levers to kinda specify between wanting to do some damage and wanting to deal a LOT of damage. so really its on Riot to instead go look at champions they want to be "Bruiser mages" and mess around with the ratio and numbers so {{item:3089}} is unattractive on them but {{item:3001}} is instead. They have to induce bad ratio's and item scaling but introduce better results for maybe building HP or resist instead. I think its a rookie mistake to make Shields that SCALE WITH ABILITY POWER and then expect people to build "tank" instead of the ability power force multiplier Deathcap. It's like the {{champion:92}} shield predicament exasperated almost hilariously though.
: Zac changes coming to PBE for 9.11
trash change honestly and absolutely awful idea. new Zac R actually gave the character direction or at the VERY LEAST a interesting niche (he's a diving displacer that can aim for VIP) Old Zac ult just SLIGHTLY shoved a character around? like a crappier version of WuKong Ult. Why would his current Q put two targets together only for his R to just shove them backwards to original positions again? Did you just hang around the Zac subreddit reading "REEEEE ZAC R BAD" post but instead of just addressing his CORE frustration problems (you killing off AP Zac, E and R taking so long to go off and being useless in League of Mobility DASH DASH FLASH) you just chose to outright revert it rather than slowly test buffs or adding back power? honestly disappointing. Feels like all you had to do to make Zac feel good was give him some QoL buffs to make up for the gutting you gave him back when he was in his prime. I have zero interest in playing Zac now that his AOE kidnap is gone. How can anyone honestly look back at old Zac with fondness. He was just a subpar low CC Damage battery who was SOLELY (literally ONLY) kept afloat by his E and him being this completely broken ganker. Q was not Interesting. W was not interesting (and still isnt) R was NOT interesting generic low damage abilities and the entire champion was carried off the back of a singular ability that gave this illusion of him being a good or even "well designed" champion despite everything besides Sligshot and Passive being worthless. this jsut irks me so badly to see wholesale "fuck it, can't be bothered" reverts like this instead of attempts to pinpoint exactly where the player pains come from and adjust accordingly. reminds me of LeBlanc revert. God that kit was so much more interesting and had so much more potential than the braindead Sigil>Bodyslam mess we have now. {{sticker:sg-janna}}
: Mummy is fine. Not every champion needs a vicious learning curves and minigames in their kit. We need extremely simple, easy to pick up, champions too. As for the thread, even Riot Tryndamere stated that Tryndamere's kit was one of their worse designs, was pretty much outdated on release, and that he doesn't even play the mess. [(somewhere in this interview)](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcIESs9hlnM)
> [{quoted}](name=Glaricion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=y6PPbjfs,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-05-09T19:49:50.033+0000) > > Mummy is fine. > Not every champion needs a vicious learning curves and minigames in their kit. > We need extremely simple, easy to pick up, champions too. > > As for the thread, even Riot Tryndamere stated that Tryndamere's kit was one of their worse designs, was pretty much outdated on release, and that he doesn't even play the mess. [(somewhere in this interview)](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcIESs9hlnM) his W is completely unacceptable. his E is outdated as hell and needs to be modernized and extrapolated on. he has next to no defensive skills past that insignificant passive on his E making him a tad bit lackluster compared to someone like Sion,Naut,Maokai or Tahm in raw tanking potential. his only saving grace is that his R is probably one of the strongest engage tools in the game but honestly with the release of Ornn I'm not even sure if that title still belongs to him. also stop conflating updating with making harder to play.
: RITO, shouldn't Tryndamere be part of the rework vote?
also Amumu {{champion:32}} yeah his kit is pretty garbo.
: Yuumi Abilities
that W belongs on Janna . Woulda been cool to see Janna become like Empath and turn into a actual ethereal goddess as per lore implies (and still deliver all her useful spells and goodies). god I hate new champ releases. such a neglectful and disrespectful business strategy.
Reav3 (NA)
: Champs like Fiddle, Mundo, Skarner and such are still high on our list for VGUs. I didn't say we were stopping VGUs, just doing a bit less going forward then we have been doing recently
> [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MAU53ybw,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-04-23T21:49:47.336+0000) > > Champs like Fiddle, Mundo, Skarner and such are still high on our list for VGUs. I didn't say we were stopping VGUs, just doing a bit less going forward then we have been doing recently I would argue {{champion:32}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:106}} still need "Morde" level updates Now for just curing unhealthy gameplay I'd say {{champion:38}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:16}} should ALL be on a update list of some sort. Usually walking some line of being Binary,low-interaction or just plain UNFUN to have ingame. {{champion:38}} who needs finesse or varience? just stack mana and repeatedly body-slam yourself into enemies until they are paste. oh also because the game pacing is fucky we will just let you auto-win at 16. {{champion:143}} A RANGED pre-Rework Yorick in lane. Her Plant system is a Damned if you do Damned if you dont and tbh feels like a afterthought if anything (you literally just toss down the seed's on top of your basic nukes for extra poke if you feel like it. theres no pre-meditation to the gameplay unlike Hiemerdinger). {{champion:120}} Probably the most one-dimensional and binary champions ever made. He stacks movespeed and he crashes into the squishiest person 100-0ing them ad-finem there is NOTHING else going on his kit he is a literal one-trick pony. ty Season 2 for giving us gems like this. {{champion:23}} {{champion:11}} two right click to win it biggest stat-checks (only outdone by Trundle{{champion:48}} ) If you didnt pack at least 5seconds of hardCC just for them you lose. hooray for melee champs who win not by abilities but rather by overcharging their basestats and brute forcing their way to victory. {{champion:16}} someone forgot the memo that LoL is a pvp game not a MMO and they accidentally ported the obnoxious "flash healer" cleric design. R and W at least should be fair game for a update of some sort maybe a kit that isnt completely dictated by two stats (heal power/GWounds). I hate that pacifist is always synonymous with healer. I would love it for someone to make a cleric character that pacifies her ENEMIES rather than just focusing over tending to her allies. {{champion:89}} I mean this champ is just a ball of defensive stats with like 4 seconds of straight single-target CC. thats it. She really only has one gameplan and thats diving. I do like the idea of a offensive warden thats not a hooker but I feel like this kit could use a bit of modernizing. for just plain and simple unrealized potential {{champion:133}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:31}} should all be on your list. Now I also want to take a special note here for {{champion:203}} who has probably been done the greatest injustice of ANY champ in LoL as far as gameplay portraying her lore and thematic. I also want to point out the homogeneous design of enchanters and complete LACK of variety/diversity in terms of defensive effects. Slapping a Heal OR Shield on every """support""" champion then calling it a day is SERIOUSLY lazy like half of the supports with shield effects dont actually NEED the shield effects. the Shield effects arent actually vital to the kit the same way they are for Janna. they just kinda exist and so what happens is that when two or more supports are in a game together you get these RIDICULOUS moments where NOBODY can die because every support is designed to be a Heal or shield battery the carry takes one shot then immediately has thier hp bar reset or just become outright untouchable. Enchanting doesn't JUST mean defensive enchanting. You could also make OFFENSIVE enchanters. {{champion:44}} How about replacing the Bastion shield on Taric with a temporary boost of offensive stats ala old Taric? {{champion:43}} what if Karma's "Inspire" worked like a Temporary blue-buff of some sort giving her target(s) some CDR,AP and mana regen. {{champion:117}} fuck the shield, just make Help Pix a toggle at rank 5 and play more off using Pix as a cast-range extender. {{champion:99}} I always thought it would be cool if Lux could generate like a Bubble Shield for her team that adds damage mitigation to those inside until it reaches a breaking point and shatters. I mean her family name is literally LIGHTSHIELD. this stuff writes itself. my point is that heal/shield has really gotten out of hand and it would take like maybe a month at the drawing board to fix the problem. I know that heal and shields were originally thought good because they were "tangible" to the average player but honestly its gotten WAY too out of hand and has become more of a detriment than a boon. For just terrible/outdated visuals: {{champion:8}} nothing says DEADLY BLOODMAGE like a single dip cone hair and striped Pajamas's. {{champion:51}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:7}} designs from a bygone era where you guys thought the only way people would buy your game would be to sexualize the hell out of all your females. This continued for years until you finally had a wake-up call upon the creation of {{champion:113}} and a brave man named IronStylus entering your fold. ( I dont mind if you keep these traditional skins as a matter of fact Im all for it ) but for petes sake how hard would it be to ask skin-design team to spend a week-end off modernizing these?pay overtime or something sheesh. but lemme guess instead its easier to say "East-uhhh SOME of our audiences like the designs and we have to keep them in mind yadda yadda" and keep things the way they are yeah? {{champion:26}} what could have been Urza Argive is instead a old man crucified to a clock T-posing towards you menacingly. Need I even mention VOICE Overs? Any champ that still mutters the word "Summoner" should be looked at or any champion with only 4 lines. (Speaking of which why have you still not imported the Ascension lines for Xerath,Nasus,Sivir,Renekton and Azir over? its free real-estate) Another redflag for who needs visual updates should be any champ who's skin line includes a "recolor" skin. ala Swamp/Deadly Kennen,Sheriff Caitlyn and Black Belt Udyr. anyways yeah. you are nowhere near "done" with updating your roster so I wouldnt liquidate the teams just yet.
: Post MSI Gameplay Improvements
im wondering how you are going to give Zac ult actual direction past just being a definitely worse version of Wukong R. I actually thought the new ult was kinda good and the only thing it needed was like slow or ground effect to prevent escapes.the only reason current Zac feels bad is because he suffers from having TOO MUCH counter play and not enough reward. W is just a worthless skill esp after removal of AP ratio. E has too much warning/slow travel time ect. only Helen Keller could ever get hit by it. R is worthless because league of mobility and every time its up they will always have a dash or something to get out of it. the idea that R is worthless because every other champ has a dash to get out of it so its getting reverted back to just a unga bunga nuke is pretty pathetic and shows lack of awareness from devs imo. Zacs kit sucks because its fair in a world where nobody is. yikes.
: Olaf vs. Everything 2
wait why is Eternum there? I thought Eternum were space robots-alien thingies and not part of Viktors mecha army.
: My apologies, I did not mean to imply that Riven is a tank-buster. Quite the opposite actually. Due to her kit possessing no % health damage or innate armor penetration, as well as dealing 100% physical damage, she is in theory supposed to be hard countered by tanks. She is a skirmisher designed around constantly making picks similar to Quinn, but she trades high out of combat movement speed and range for in combat mobility crowd control. Tanks naturally put up a barrier between her and squishy targets with their CC, but their absence is making Riven consistently a strong pick. My argument was that Vayne being strong is one of the most potent deterrents to people choosing tanks and that her recent buffs to make her viable outside of a tank meta has virtually annihilated the viability of tanks being played at all, creating a very frustrated community. Of course, Vayne isn't the only culprit, but she is the most prominent example. EDIT: Hey no fair, you changed your post after I responded. But yes, Vayne is, design-wise, supposed to be a tank-busting hypercarry duelist and as such is supposed to be able to challenge tanks and bruisers 1v1 without heavy peel from her team. The issue is that she is dueling everyone with ease right now, when she is fundamentally supposed to lose to other ADCs to keep her balanced. Her DPS and target access to squishy champions should always be gated and penalized in exchange for her power against high-health melee champions, and we are just not seeing that right now.
> [{quoted}](name=AHarmlessTaco,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XvhuHXEm,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-04-05T22:57:44.202+0000) -->as dealing 100% physical damage, --> in theory supposed to be hard countered by tanks Tidus Laugh.mp3 {{item:3071}} {{item:3036}} {{item:3147}} {{item:3814}} {{item:3142}} https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/2/20/Conqueror_rune.png/revision/latest?cb=20180314225947 hilariously enough its the MELEE PHYSICAL champs in the game that are built to wallop tanks the best as a LOT of them pack %armor shred of some sort or %max hp damage. tanks are """unfun"" and not in line with the clown fiesta Battlerite vision they have for the game so Riot made sure going forward Tanks would only ever be relevant midgame against squishy marksmen that are still on IE/Zeal part of the arms race. You point out a Physical MELEE champion and I will point out a ability somewhere in their kit that is made to blow out a resist stacker. the only "tanks" that can beat out Riven are the Juggernaut abominations masquerading as tanks like Mundo or Tahm Kench. a Malphite or Rammus with 700 armor actually wont win against her if her IQ is above room temp
: @RIOT: Vayne and Riven should, design-wise, not both be meta, right?
Riven was never a tank buster. she is a duelist that really operates 100% independent of meta. she has no actual "niche" or role. She is just a wrecking ball of physical damage who's sole existence in the game is basically validated as "but her playstyle is really unique". At her BEST maybe is she a small part to a wombo-combo comp using her windslash to execute people but besides that her kit and design is EXTREMELY selfish not very team-work friendly and mostly existing in it owns little world. Nothing will ever be done about her because she only exist to be a one-trick-magnet and create a reliable recurring source of income. Vayne I agree though. I really wish Riot would either DROP the tank-busting part of kit for her duelist part. If you want a "tank melter" thats always what {{champion:96}} was for imo. Literally spits ACID to MELT tanks. I dont get why Vayne gets to have the role of Assassin but ALSO the role of "tank killer" . Okay so she beats Assassins...and she also beats tanks? so she counters literally BOTH ends of the champion spectrum? Silver bolt rework has honestly been a long time coming but I think Riot marks as too "iconic" to part with despite how bad of a rap and how it has nothing to do with vayne lore slant (dark-magic hunter most recently retconned to beastie hunter to save a tad bit o face). I really think SIlver Bolts should have some sort of different effect thats not just %max hp burst.
: Any reason why Nasus W cooldown doesn’t start after the ability is finished??
you wanna know the REAL answer? its the one of the only methods he has to keep himself viable. Riot understands that he NEEDS that shitty toxic ability to keep up with newer champs toxic shitty designs filled with hyper mobility and anti-tank nonsense like shred,truedamage and %HP. You've gotta fight fire with fire. thats why literally every part of Nasus has been powercreeped. Q is on like a 1s CD during R and now offers like way more stacks per kill. W is always ready thanks to CDR reductions E got changed to be % shred instead of flat but all that means is that you cant "tank" against him anymore. R now grants like some crazy 200 resist over the duration along with the Q CD reduction. its not like Riot doesn't hear you. Its just if they wanna keep selling Nasus skins they have to pretend to not know of the problem. Its the same thing with every other generic statcheck Point n click champs. If Nasus W got nerfed the Champ would take a MASSIVE beating to his lane/duel power which would make a lot of Nay-nay mains unhappy. Nasus actually needs to have some degree of bullshit in order to stay viable in a world where everyone is bullshit.
: Item Shop Cleanup
{{item:3146}} and {{item:3812}} . ONE of these needs a new effect to replace the omnivamp passive. They both do the SAME damn thing while giving very VERY similar offensive stats. pretty ridiculous honestly. One of these DEFINITELY needs to kick the bucket or get reworked. {{item:3800}} and {{item:3143}} . Dont like how both items have the whole "AOE super slow" tidbits going on. too similar but I find that Righteous Glory actually see's more play and really opens up the viability of a select few champs mainly the melee ones with no real dashes ({{champion:33}} {{champion:27}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:53}} ) to boot I am FAR more ready to part ways with Randiuns Omen over Righteous because I find the idea of Hard-counter items like {{item:3143}} {{item:3194}} to be absolutely asinine and a total failure on a game design level. butchering players abilities to go actual items that they want by forcing them into these "checklist" counter items. Its not fun nor interesting design. Just redundant trash , whats next? A anti-%HP damage item? a anti-armor shred item? anti "shielding" Attack item? Why make a mechanic then design a item to specifically counter that mechanic what part of that entire arm's race foxtrot is "fun"?? Its just stupid and I hate these items so much. As a designer you should strive to leave the players with AS MANY ITEM SLOTS OPEN AS POSSIBLE half the times when I play tanks my build is basically pre-selected for me based on the enemies comp and its GARBAAAAGE. Also big shout out to Healing vs Grevious wounds. Really fun how overpowered healing has to be nowadays due to the existence of G-Wounds items (take note ITEMS not abilities as I actually think having G-Wounds on the occasional odd champ ability like Death Lotus,Tormented Soil or Varus Blighted Quiver Empowered abilites would be fine if not interesting for drafting purposes maybe). Just such worthless items that dont serve the purpose that items should serve (making the game more fun). {{item:3022}} literally never bought on its intended class. Only ever abused by ranged champs. If a Melee champion wants sticking power 9/10 times they just go {{item:3025}} hilariously(sadly) enough or simply opt into the one of MULTIPLE movespeed modifying items. Removing this might ACTUALLY be a net positive for the game because as it stands this item only serves to further exemplify the downfall of having melee vs ranged in a no turnspeeds game not to mention at the moment its entire gimmick is literally offered up for FREE as a RUNE.. at the moment this item just has no true purpose in the game. Nobody would weep for Mallet except Gnar's and maybe season1 vets who would whine and moan about a legacy item getting the chopping block. {{item:3916}} and {{item:3020}} I think Oblivion orb needs to lose its Magic Pen bonus and instead Sorc Boots should get Magic pen PER LEVEL. This would allow for tenfold more Item diversity among mages. 90% of the time people get {{item:3165}} its purely for the magic pen, not actually because the enemy team has a Mundo or a Warwick. Think about it Logically for a second just how benificial a change like this would be to opening up self expression build-wise for mages. {{item:3027}} boring TRASH ball of stats. Please remove it so people in ARAM will stop rushing it first item and being useless. Literally just boring BALL OF STATS item thats only useful passive (the Mana=HP trade) is offered by other far more useful items. complete noobbait item that needs a rework or outright removal. Just get GLP's or something you dorks. INSANE CUHRAZY DEV MODE: Replace effects with {{item:4402}} but actually make a effort to balance it this time instead of just chunking it in the trash. {{item:2065}} and {{item:3907}} both pretty much have the same goal in mind. one is just a budget option of the latter. Also while AOE team buff item is pretty cool and has been in the game for a while I think the idea of just putting a champions entire ult identity on a Item {{champion:15}} is a detriment to the champion just when it comes to feeling "unique" and more fulfilling. I think it cheapens the "Fantasy" the champion offers. Like when Duskblade had that budget Zed ult effect Or how Historically everyone just calls Zilean a "free GA". make a effort to stop doin shit like that. you should not be able to buy a champions _ultimate _for like 2000 gold or something. {{item:3222}} {{item:3107}} {{item:3504}} can you PLEASE move the stupid "Heal and shield power" onto just ONE item? I've always loathed how an effect that shouldnt even be all that present in a game and was literally CAUTIONED about going overboard with has evolved to the point where its a entire build option. If it was up to me I would just move all this heal and shield garbo onto ONE item (maybe Athene's?) and then make these items just more normalized AP items with AP values around 70 or so instead of 40 since theyre for Enchanter frauds anyway. Also I wouldnt be opposed to just getting rid of Mikeals 99% of the playerbase cant even use this shit properly (nor do they care to ever bother with it). Just not worth keeping in the game imo. If your carry is getting CC'd then its their prerogative to get a QSS not the supports job to buy a mikeals (at least this is the pervading mentality anyways and gl convincing people otherwise). Anyways yeah., Shields and Heals are Cancer and my rant about how putting so many shields/Heals in a class leads to Terrible TERRIBLE awful boring gameplay literally NO MATTER THE GAME (have you ever tried watching competitive Overwatch/World of Warcraft arena) and that Morello was 99% percent right and how double supports on a team is the most cancerous shit ever to play against (perpetually overshielded Tristana comin right at yah! Any damage you do will be overhealed and shielded a millisecond later so there is literally no hope for you to ever beat us in a dps race) AND how you guys could EASILY fix this over the weekend by just diversifying how defensive effects are applied by Enchanters and how half of the champs that have shields actually shouldnt have them in favor of buffs to their other more signature effects (like making Tarics Bastion offer triple its value temporarily or having Pix be a tether after rank 5) is for another day. Just do the playerbase a favor now and fix these items and then maybe later address the entire "enchanter" class Finally this is totally unlikely to happen but I feel like something needs to be done about how {{item:3089}} currently is way to big of a force multiplier. Not just for spells but also how it feeds into items like {{item:3146}} (active){{item:3285}} {{item:3115}} {{item:3100}}/ How it doubles down on bonus AP from various runes or epic monster buffs and how its a massive detriment to have just a outright "never wrong" neigh mandatory item in your game. at least with Void post nerf you can opt out so long as the target never gets MR making it actually somewhat situational but with Deathcap its NEVER a wrong buy if you are getting AP. the passive on this item really REALLY really REALLY needs a overhaul to be much less generalist. I unironically think outright replacing it with {{item:3128}} might be a good idea because then you at least give somewhat of a DIRECTION to the item or maybe who its for (Single target burst champs). Outright doubling down on AP perpetually is just so dumb and should have been addressed long ago just a terrible terriblely designed item thats biggest sin is once again the butchering of item diversity (which is far more important than you think if you want to keep replayability factor high). anyways yeah. Thats my 2 cents about just SOME of the items in LoL that bother me and im hoping to see changed. probably wont happen but cant say I never tried at least.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 20
Item diversity and the personalization options as a whole is toilet tier right now. feels like there are no ways to play or build besides "riot sanctioned" ways which usually involves pigeon-holing the player into one viable build with a alternative build that operates similar but just with worse/better numbers. When are you gonna do a mass overhaul of Items and Hybrid-ratios on champions and bring back theorycrafting?the death of double tear builds was actually uneeded. You basically just killed off a build variety without introducing a replacement. you also need to take a look at champions with hybrid ratios {{champion:24}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:55}} and make sure that AP vs AD actually offers different playstyles. if it doesnt then just axe the odder ratio because it never adds anything to them past gaslighting the player into Gunblade {{item:3146}} core.
: My thoughts on 9.6 removing double tear build & Riot lessening item diversity overall
yeah I actually liked doing the double tear build on Syndra. As a matter of fact it was literally the ONLY way I would ever play her becuase I find her kit extremely cookie cutter and boring otherwise and the interaction between Muramana and her ult was satisfying as all hell to do. Now that build is dead and all because of ONE fucking champion with a running history of abusing specific items {{item:3025}} Rest in Peace. double tear build {{champion:38}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:24}} anyways the build diversity in this game is atrocious and narrow. Riot balance team should honestly just rehaul like 70% of the itempool by now. Its far too constricting and not enough room for self expression or exploration. its like Riot doesn't want people to think anymore about ANYTHING and would rather everyone just pick up presets and autobuy a preset slew of items. thats actually why I like Nexus Blitz just because the item options in that mode are so refreshing to toy around with.
: Blitzcrank Changes Heading to PBE
someday for the eventual rework I would like to see would be a self-destruct ability on Blitz. Like the ability would work in 3 stages Stage 1 would be the initial Overload which would be when Blitz taps into all that bonus movespeed,attackspeed,doubled armor and magic resist ect that his current W gives him and then some Stage 2 after a like 4 second countdown or something he gives off the classic AOE electro discharge explosion. Basically just the live version of his active but timed like a Bomb-omb. Stage 3 would be system recovery/reboot phase which would be when he's most vulernable. moves slower,silences himself/rebuilds himself ect. then in place of his current W you could give a proper mana=shield ability that lets him channel mana pool into a massive HP buffer. You know like in the Riot Blitz art. also you know it would be cool if you guys modified his Grab animation so when he misses a grab his arm doesn't disappear into the aether but rather he slowly reel's back into its socket. the animation of the arm reset scales with its cooldown so once the arm clicks back into place your ability is ready to fire again. that would be a cool little visual thing. Easter Egg animation would be the hand jumping up itself and crawling back to Blitz ala Thing from Addams Family
: Why is riot removing/reworking most of the awesome things that the original LoL had ?
>Removing boot enchants. uh that was only in for like one season IIRC. Nobody even bought the upgrades besides Hecarim because he could abuse the Homegaurds buff to cheese laners. >Reworking items that were currently balanced. Items tbh I wouldnt mind a complete overhaul almost. Item variation is awful now. Every build is like a pre-set with no actual room for experimentation or mix and match. If you buy ONE lethality item you may as well buy the other 2 and along with boots thats pretty much your entire build. If you buy ONE crit item well you have to pair that with at least 2 more zeal items. Doing on-hit? okay heres a item that doubles your on hits effects Theres no more crazy experimentation. Riot min-maxed the builds for us and perpetually leads us into their little preset builds at worse and just a bland penetration vs defence arms race at best (can you finish void/LW on time to retain your relevancy? durrhurr hurr lets find out) I found LoL to be much more fun when there was a lot less rhyme and reason to the items and there was ample room for experimentation. Figuring out one day that the crit chance on Atma's, Yommu's ghostblade and Triforce actually WASNT worthless on bruisers like {{champion:86}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:36}} was a super memorable moment for me and it forever changed the way I looked at the game . It was something I came up with myself by kinda inspecting each piece individually. Its really fun to have those kinds of moments as a gamer where you just "figure out" something. I also remember figuring out Zekes Herald support Gangplank with Captain shoes and just using raise morale off cooldown to give my team these constant crazy buffs, facetanking aggro then using the AP ratio on W to super heal back. back then I felt like there were lots of varied item effects and stats that allowed combined with the general newness of the game that made theorycrafting fun but nowadays items are so linear in design there is almost zero wiggle room and the synergy is so blatant you dont feel clever for putting two and two together (SEE: "ENERGIZE" keyword being a great example of how hand-holdy Riot is). >Removing the client service that suggested you high elo games for you to watch to improve yourself. you can still do it but the feature they have now is really hidden and really bad. IIRC when it was first removed riot gave some lame reasoning that had to do with legalness but that is utter bullshit because EVERY game has a spectate feature and if E-Sports has you by the nuts so bad that you cant even have a basic feature like spectating maybe you should get your priorities straight. I for one think they should bring back the spectate showcase to the front of the client. >Removing double ratios from champions I like double ratios but ONLY when they allow for a new playstyle and arent just numerically better/worse that one another. A good Example would be AP {{champion:39}} . AP irelia plays nothing like AD irelia instead being a kinda all-in up front burst caster with a HUGE teamfight nuke, compounds it with her E and shreds like half of a teams health while pressuring them even more if they try to run out through the bladewall. That playstyle is DRASTICALLY different from the typical AD playstyle which focuses on auto attacking and Q resets. a BAD example would be AD {{champion:55}} which just plays the exact same as regular AP kat except her spells are far,far worse. I mean its not like AD massively boost Shunpo damage or facilitates some sort of new playstyle. Its just numerically worse off from AP. Its stupid and i think it does more harm than good because then Riot always balances her around Gunblade first item. Creates this Plato cave theory where I think most kat mains dont realize how freeing it would be if Riot axed those AD ratios and buffed the AP or moved them colloquially to one skill(either E or R). another GOOD example would be {{champion:96}} because it puts all the emphasis away from auto attacking and onto his R+E which is cool turning him into a weird long-range artillery battery as opposed to the frontline melting puking terror he usually is. another BAD example would be {{champion:84}} since no matter how she builds she really played the same way either way. yeah you could build AD instead of AP...but why would you? you are still going to be auto attacking in and out of shroud..... its just kinda dumb and reminds me of old Eve who had the same problem. Once the novelty of saying "I went X instead of Y" wore off most of the time you realized you had the exact same playpattern just drastically worse. a recent bad example imo personally would be{{champion:10}} . Crit and AP+AS both look to do the same thing of just right clicking. Its a gripe I ALSO had about {{champion:145}} and how her dual ratios were didnt actually have her choose one playstyle or another and instead no matter how she built she got to tap into all parts of her kit (this made AP kai'sa hands down the ultra superior option ) I honestly think they should just remove the AD Ratios on her spells (as the AOE Crits are already the reward and endgame. NOT stronger spells) and up the AP ratios on them to make her more of a high damage-utility caster while lowering the AP ratio on the on-hit a bit. the line between AP and AD needs to be increased and not blurred. if you want AD you are gonna have low/base spell damage but much stronger right clicks whereas AP lets you tap into your high utility and punishing spells like the damage on the ult or the execute strike. I feel like this is a little problem the balance and champion design team needs to focus on more. dont just stick hybrid rations on abilities for funsies. Make sure there is a palpable reason behind it and ACTUALLY changes how the champion feels ala {{champion:18}}
Meddler (NA)
: Work is underway yes. We've got some changes that have shown some promise in internal testing. Next step is to run some sessions with randomly selected Wukong players visiting our office to get feedback from them, see what their take is. In terms of direction, best summed up as more bruiser, more trickster, less burst. Hope is that that delivers on what a lot of Wukong players are looking for and leads to a healthier for the game Wukong. Do expect some current Wukong players to be unhappy with loss of burst though and one of the things that testing's going to be focused on is what the ratio of satisfied to unsatisfied players looks like.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=xe4HBZAv,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-03-13T15:36:29.091+0000) > > Work is underway yes. We've got some changes that have shown some promise in internal testing. Next step is to run some sessions with randomly selected Wukong players visiting our office to get feedback from them, see what their take is. > > In terms of direction, best summed up as more bruiser, more trickster, less burst. Hope is that that delivers on what a lot of Wukong players are looking for and leads to a healthier for the game Wukong. Do expect some current Wukong players to be unhappy with loss of burst though and one of the things that testing's going to be focused on is what the ratio of satisfied to unsatisfied players looks like. whatever happened to the Karma rework that was coming? remember the little "spell reduces ally cooldown" stuff? I was looking forward to Karma having actual character direction and unique niche purpose as opposed to just being a generic nuke and shield battery as her current R+Q and R+E defines her as.
: Champion Weaknesses in 2019
There's also a recurring staleness in champion in design. you guys no longer innovate. you re-iterate for a quick buck. things I want to see less of: X-hit passives: yes yes I know its cool and all but how many "Hit them X times for big n00k" carries do we need? cut the crap. Think of something new. and if you cant think of something new. DONT MAKE ANYTHING AT ALL UNTIL YOU DO. we have 146 champs folks and LoL is like 10 years old. we are entering ENDGAME. which brings me to my next rant... Better Champs: The champions you toss at us now should be on the same level and quality as Jhin ripe with imagination and interesting dialogue that lets you piece together their goal,mindset and past NOT ridiculous spouting exposition. Not fucking "shit man...we need a champ...uhhh lets recode some Zoe spellthief and add it to a shirtless dude in pants! Then for his normal abilities we will give him the BLANDEST array of abilities that have zero synergy with it! Dash?How about 2?Spellblade Passive? always good when you have zero idea how to craft a original Playstyle! Heal and Shield ability?CHECK! Gapcloser? YEP! WOW! so easy it should be stealing!". Its hilariously stupid to see that the same minds behind {{champion:202}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:432}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:11}} are also willing to put zero effort aesthetics like {{champion:517}} {{champion:518}} into their game. What ever happened to wanting to make LoL champs feel recognizable and special? Shirtless white dude and generic overly friendly innocent monstergirl waifubait straight out of a Sakura VN? At least TRY to make something memorable jfc. This is just sad. from Techno-werewolf and Sword-Boots Sam Fisher to Monster Musume AKA "Vastayans' (because apparently awesome fucks like Rengar is too far from humanoid thus less popular amirite xd). Shields and Heals on supports especially "enchanters": I absolutely despise how you incorporate these abilities onto every support. In games with only ONE enchanter its fine but because you slap shields onto a SHITLOAD of other champs even the non-supports (SEE:Any meta tank ever or like half the bruisers/divers) it QUICKLY becomes ultra frustrating when two champions in a game have shield abilities. Nobody wants to chew through 1000HP overshielding. you should look through every single Support champion and TRULY re-evaluate rather of not they need a shield in their kit ( {{champion:117}} for instance is a good candidate. Her kit is ridiculously overloaded because of how every ability can be casted in a second fashion. Lulu is ALREADY a good "Enchanter" because of Polymorph,Hugify and Pix-auto modifier+Whimsy AS. WHY DOES SHE NEED THE SHIELD? WHY DOES EVERY DAMN SUPPORT NEED A SHIELD. LET THERE BE WEAKNESSES IN BOT LANE AND ACTUAL TRADEOFFS. IF YOU PICK LULU INSTEAD OF JANNA YOU DONT GET A SHIELD BUT YOU GET VERY EFFECTIVE Point n Click CC THAT STOPS ASSASSINS AND DIVERS DEAD IN THIER TRACKS. STOP WITH THE "I NEEDS IT 2 BE GUD IN MYUH LANE" NONSENSE. dont get me wrong. I get WHY you use shields so much its very tangible as opposed to like +50 armor but holy crap. At what point do you just bite the bullet and do it anyways instead shooting for the tangibility via VFX/SFX?. I always thought BONE PLATING was something that could be investigated further. It's a tangible ability that reduces damage but its NOT outright shielding/invincibility to damage. thats a GOOD fucking design. Why cant we get more stuff like THAT instead 300HP Heals and 400 HP Shields thatl ater become 600-800 because of how you streamlined the support itemization around this horseshit? Seriously. EVERY support item shouldnt have heal and shield modifier on it. Heal and Shield modifier should be like ONE at most TWO items and should be a big Deathcap-esque buy. Like {{item:3504}} {{item:3174}} mixed into one 3kg mega item. anyways yeah. Stop putting so many shields onto champs. Playing against any more than one shield ability is incredibly annoying and completely sucks all the fun out of the game. #MorelloWould've SpellBlade playstyles: "Spellcast>Auto>Spellcast>Auto is a tried and true playstyle but its also been done to death. With each champ with the uniqueness of the playstyle weakens. Now its the de-facto slap-on ability when you literally cant think of anything. Kinda like Dota2's Chance to crit passive for random melee heroes. how many times are we going to suffer this lame design when it ALREADY exist on items? YAWWN. gimme something new chef. Dashes: the more you put into the game the more immobile champs become less and less playable. Kog'Maw and Ashe are basically free losses now not because they dont deal enough damage but because EVERYBODY even tanks can just charge into their face and kill them. You guys seem deadset on fixing this by messing with damage values between the Carry vs Aggressor matchup but that wont solve shit. also heads up. "Just CC them" should not be a grounds for healthy champion play. I just about had a aneurysm reading that. When you make a champions Weakness "CC" it creates r%%%%%ed Feast of Famine moments where its either A: you HAVE the CC and you dumpster them as they cant even move IE: {{champion:11}} vs {{champion:127}} {{champion:90}} . Incredibly onesided stupid horseshit and zero sum fun. This is the equivalent of yoinking out your little brothers gamecube controller then finishing off his final stock as he scrambles to plug it back in. "Cant beat me if u cant even play bro xDDD" or B: you DONT have CC because you picked someone with unreliable or soft CC so now you autolose. IE: {{champion:11}} vs {{champion:119}} (or like half the carries for that matter). It becomes this really insipid game of getting cheesed or BEING cheese-r until one person picks up a {{item:3140}} then that kinda doesn't matter anyway. WOOHOO! can I get a amen for our Right-Click Splitpushing brotha's?
: Visual Effect Updates: Kennen, Olaf, Wukong and Riven
Kennen E looks so laughably hokey. Kennen is supposed to become a BALL OF LIGHTNING not become the Awakened Avatar. like imagine if you learned about Kennen from AWAKEN trailer and then you go ingame to play him and realize that his E is instead Elder Titans spirit walk from Dota2? Olaf effects are great kinda dont like how R is just flame effects though. There should be a cooler way to depict him going Berzerker mode than just coloring him red for a few seconds. Wukong update looks fine. E nimbus needs to be MUCH bigger though real shame that you guys arent updating his model either. It will never not bother me that he's got no pants under his armor yet still opted for big clown shoes. Why is he going commando? Even Maokai has undies if you look close enough at his model. Riven is okay but the R2 effects look pretty bad compared to live. hopefully {{champion:110}} {{champion:53}} get updates next
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 25
I think the key to fixing crit marksmen lies not in crit items but actually in the over-agency of Mages at the moment. Mages hit the ground running in this game and never really fall off or lull unlike other classes who kinda have to "build up" to a certain point and then push that advantage before the next point I feel like mages are too potent at all stages of the game and more mages should have {{champion:127}} esque scaling. lower the amount of scaling potential so mages arent dealing 700~1k damage a ult at 6 items and 500~800 every other basic spell. I really do wish you would frontload more damage into the base numbers and much less into scaling. Not so much that you push tank builds but just enough to not over-reward champions with all the ridiculous AP amounts you made possible nowadays through inferno drakes,Baron Buff,runes/masteries and Deathcap as the fat multiplier. If mages had a rhythm to their agency just like the other classes maybe ADC's wouldnt feel so shit in comparison. you need to actually select and tune which mages you want to be lategame power houses {{champion:45}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:134}} and which mages should be snowbally-early mid playmakers {{champion:7}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:105}} . Right now there's not a single mage that "falls off" anymore and I think thats a big problem. This is an amalgation of 1. {{item:3135}} and {{item:3089}} being overly effective and rewarding and scaling items {{item:3285}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3146}} adding burst. 2. Runes such as Overcharge/Eye's adding a inane amount of free AP not to mention AP scaling rune damage. 3. thinks such as Inferno Drakes/Baron Buff/Elixir all compounding together to form a like 30% damage boost. Playing Ashe would be a lot more feasible when the stray Vel'Koz Q doesn't smack you for 60% of your HP late. I think it would be beneficial to not only the class but the game as a WHOLE if you would take a second look at mages and do a MASSIVE overhaul to not just their items but also magic resist as well so dealing magic damage isnt such a feast or famine undertaking (like how flat pen is worthless into multiple magic buys but Void overkill into singular magic buys ect).. thats a project you should undertake and have solved by midseason imo. then from there you can begin fixing other things about the game (like Runes/Champion and Item Overlap/Narrowed Itemization experience and lack of meaningful choices).
PhRoXz0n (NA)
: Crit Item Explorations Part 2
dont put raw right click damage back into IE. Instead make the passive something like **"After a crit for the next 6 seconds your next ability does 25% more damage and ignores 20% armor/magic resist".** Push marksmen to reward ability usage late game. SPELLS MATTER". should be your slogan while working on these updates. Its pretty silly that like half the marksmen champs in the game actually LOSE DPS lategame by stopping to cast thier trademark skills (like Piltover peacemaker/ZAP!/Rocket Jump/Boomerang Blade ect and overtime you guys have had to creep the cast time on these abilities to compensate. Abilities are the IDENTITIES of champions in LoL, Dont forget that. Also I think you should push for more diversity between the zeal items. Right now they are all so interchangeable it doesn't really matter... like {{item:3085}} Hurricane helps you waveclear but so does {{item:3087}} and the only deciding factor that matters is rather or not the champion can abuse on-hit effects or not. you need to PUSH for there to be bigger draws for each item and make sure the goal of each item does not Overlap. Strengthen and tighten up their niches so you stop running into the same problem that Precision keystones of RuneReforged has where your choice has the illusion of mattering but will ultimately lead you to the same outcome {{item:3046}} is supposed to give better dueling/ 1v1 power so PUSH that {{item:3094}} is a poke item so PUSH that. Maybe give it bonus structure damage on the enhanced autos? {{item:3087}} was originally a method of adding additional waveclear power but since then {{item:3085}} has arrived doing the same thing. you need to separate the two and figure out which one you want to be the dedicated push item and which one you want to be your "AOE teamfighty" pickup. Its really up for you to decide which is which. ALSO im sure the Morg/Kayle changes are already set in stone but if not I had a small idea for a Morg change seeing as how there was talk that you didnt want much to change on her. {{champion:25}} : my main problem with Morg right now is that a lot of her kit autonomous and practically plays itself. She fires Q then drops W and thats it... Unless she feels like committing ult those two skills alone are pretty much her entire contribution and she is free to just waltz away and do her grocery shopping until her "combo" is back up. there is absolutely no real committal or danger on Morgana's part which kinda makes her obnoxious to deal with in lane much like a Artillery mage despite not being one. Something I would like would be some small changes making it so that Morg has to commit a bit more to her combat pattern and cant just drop everything and screw off every 5 seconds. I think dark binding after landing on a champion should create a tether between Morg and her target. So long as Morg stays within x Range the tether doesn't break and the target stays _snared AND disarmed_ for up to the full duration(kinda like Anivia snowstorm). If Morg however leaves said range or gets hard CC'd the tether will break and the bound champion will be freed. While Morgana is channeling her Bind she cannot auto attack however she may freely move around unimpeded and cast her other spells as normal. the idea is that if Morg wants to put you through 3 seconds of immobile hell it also comes at a small price as she has to remain within a certain range to keep you down. this is just one of those things thats supposed to make the "playing against" factor a bit more interesting and offer outs to certain spells and it would be nice if you could pass it along to whoever is doing the update?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 9
Sunfire Cape Aurelion Sol Dr Mundo Jarvan Neeko Renekton Shen Shyvana Volibear Yorick {{champion:36}} -> be careful. you might think you want mundo to be meta but you dont. Whens the rework brah? {{champion:59}} -> hopefully its too his gimped W. Thats like the most worthless skill ever since the stoneplate gutting. I dont think J4 needs more damage persay but some better utility would be much appreciated. W and E are what you should be aiming at not his Passive or Damage spells. {{champion:518}} -> why bother? Just wait for her inevitable 2023 rework. This champ is a failure from many different aspects imo. nothing about her is enthralling,original or interesting in the slightest and her gameplay is a unsynergistic mess {{champion:58}} - Honestly dont understand this. Renekton is good enough. i'd even say he's lowkey kinda broken being slept on. dont bring back the Renektonbar. This is a champion that could easily become Meta again sometime soon. You guys must have another Renekton skin in the works or maybe hextech didnt sell well enough eh? {{champion:98}} make his W actually useful. Easily the most dissapointing part of his kit. If you dont some mediocre changes to anything else I will be disappointed. Make it give allies Ki-shields or make it give Shen back a bit of HP per auto absorbed. Lots of ways you can make this skill actually rewarding and satisfying to pull off effectively. {{champion:102}} another lame stat checker that shouldnt be on your "make meta" list. I can only assume a skin of sorts must be in the works? Anyways enough people are abusing AP shyv anyway so maybe wait and see how you can mess with that a bit before you just slap buff after buff onto her. give her the rework already. She should not be in the same state by the end of this year {{champion:106}} Another statcheck you dont want meta. stop buffing statchecks and start reworking them or atleast look intoincorporating some modicum of counterplay first before you mindlessly buff. IE: Put Garen's E spin damage on a delayed final spin at the end before you chock more numbers at it. {{champion:83}} Can be annoying for soloQ but If you plan on buffing him I hope you remember to take a couple notches down on his Q
: > [{quoted}](name=La Bello,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IgOAiAQL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-30T16:44:24.116+0000) > > {{champion:86}} - Demacian steel is supposed to be anti-MAGIC armor. Not everything armor. the armor itself would be the physical armor in this case, you dingus. its still a suit of steel armor. lets not start a discussion about lore vs. gameplay anyways. > Remove the free Armor and Armor Reduction he gets from active i assume you meant the damage reduction. every juggernaut (this is what garen is, and not a tank) has a mechanic in his kit that scales up his health. for darius its the % missing health heal on his q. for garen its the **24 second cooldown** active of his w.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IgOAiAQL,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-12-30T17:14:05.167+0000) > > the armor itself would be the physical armor in this case, you dingus. its still a suit of steel armor. > > lets not start a discussion about lore vs. gameplay anyways. > > i assume you meant the damage reduction. > > every juggernaut (this is what garen is, and not a tank) has a mechanic in his kit that scales up his health. for darius its the % missing health heal on his q. for garen its the **24 second cooldown** active of his w. tons of people in the game are wearing suits of armor but dont get 70% phys damage reduction arbitrarily. the special thing about Garens armor compared to most is that its made in Demacia which is said to be super effective against magic and dark magic ("Mordekaiser made not of this in his lore short IIRC"). also I understand nearly every~~ juggernaut~~ MELEE CHAMPION IN GENERAL . has a defensive ability that keeps them protected in a pinch. removing the Physical part of this and just giving Garen normal Armor per level scaling would be fine. Also there is the whole free warmogs passive thing he's got going on.
Moody P (NA)
: Generalist defense creates broken offense
I agree. Im glad someone finally noticed this. Its actually what makes shielding and HP stack tanks the best type of tanks {{champion:14}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:36}} ESPECIALLY with the onset of True damage nonsense. Resist heavy tanks will shit the bed against true damage but "Overshield" tanks will do fine as their defensive measures lie in the shield and not the resist stack. Tanks need to actually have niche's and direction as to what they're supposed to tank. Maokai and Galio were supposed to be anti spell-casters. Malphite and Rammus were supposed to be anti AD. Overtime designs have just gotten muddled and now its like Rammus ball curl can give 250 Magic Resist, Galio can reduce PHYSICAL damage just as easily as he reduces magic damage and Maokai really doesn't care if you are dealing magic damage or not anyway. the niches of these champions got bastardized and just made all encompassing so people can pick their favorite champion into ANY comp and not have to care about smart drafting or counterpicking. This was no accident I think neither. I think there might be financial reasons to make every champion in the game pickable whenever as opposed to wavering viability based on enemy comp. Something to do with Blindpick and encouraging "one tricking" maybe? (are one-tricks more likely to buy skins than none one-tricks?) anyways yeah.they need to go down the line and give back champions a damage type direction instead of just letting them be effective into every damage type simultaneously with next to no real weakness. It shouldnt be all that hard to do. Just off the top of my head some quick changes riot could do {{champion:86}} - Demacian steel is supposed to be anti-MAGIC armor. Not everything armor. Remove the free Armor and Armor Reduction he gets from active. Courage active should be purely to shave off incoming Spells and the CC that comes along with them. Not shave off literally everything thrown at him. I cannot stand how ball-of stats and powercreeped Garen's W spell has become. {{champion:78}} - Instead of the whole little "doubled resist perpetually when low" feature how about just giving her like a short 4~6sec window when under 40% HP where burst specifically doesn't work on her? Any spell/attack that would deal over 100 damage gets reduced down to 100 exactly instead or something? Idk. I just hate the static "become a statball when low" design current Poppy steadfast has. also add some VFX to it when the passive procs so people know not to toss nukes at her. {{champion:33}} - remove the magic resist SCALING off of Ball curl. Instead add some more Armor scaling to his Tremors to compensate. you should NEVER be picking a fucking Rammus into multple mages yet in nowadays LoL thats something completely possible thanks to that stupid MR scaling mechanic on ball curl. {{champion:3}} Remove the Physical dmg Reduction on W entirely . Increase the 8% per 100MR to 10%per 100MR.
Nascy (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=La Bello,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oA7EoIrf,comment-id=01a5,timestamp=2018-12-23T00:37:28.143+0000) > > https://youtu.be/lc5Cd4b5HWg > > please watch this video. > When I look at this and see "50% AS back on shiv, IE being reverted so once again people crit becomes the hardest scaling build in the game" it just SCREAMS "oh shit just revert everything and go back to square one before everyone quits!". > > stop putting the bulk of Marksman power in auto's (like Crit Damage,pure attack speed items ect) but instead try reworking first the items THEN some marksmen themselves to be more ability reliant and scaling off total power rather than bonus. Give marksmen an effective curve like all other champions instead of having them be irrelevant whenever not fed or at 4+ items while making them much more "counterplay-able" allowing you to put more agency into kits and make them feel better even when behind in the arms race. > > I honestly dont think "LOOK GUYS WE REVERTED CRIT! MARKSMEN ARE MANDATORY TO EVERY COMP AGAIN OH JOY!!" is going to be good for your game in the long term. Its actually ridiculous that you've even supported this class for so long. > I think no other MOBA has a "mandatory" ranged carry enforcement to the degree that League does and thats something you should work on fixing. > > "carry" options should come in all shapes and sizes. Not just Squishy and Ranged. The reason we need marksmen as they are is because we need a class to actually deal with tanks. Their items are way too good and it's because they are designed as massive stat blocks unlike other mobas (HoTS for example) where tanks are tanks with active abilities mostly and less about raw. Shields , Armor buffs, Damage debuffs , CC, etc. Before marksmen get reworked the entire tank class needs a rework maybe minus Ornn. Also how op are tanks? A full MR rammus can solo kill Kai'sa. I as full mr rammus solokilled a kaisa. And not just once. ARAM is a fun place. Nice way to see just how broken tanks are. When you see that you'll beg for adcs to be as they are designed right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Nascy,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oA7EoIrf,comment-id=01a50000,timestamp=2018-12-23T01:51:36.360+0000) > > The reason we need marksmen as they are is because we need a class to actually deal with tanks. Their items are way too good and it&#x27;s because they are designed as massive stat blocks unlike other mobas (HoTS for example) where tanks are tanks with active abilities mostly and less about raw. Shields , Armor buffs, Damage debuffs , CC, etc. Before marksmen get reworked the entire tank class needs a rework maybe minus Ornn. > Also how op are tanks? A full MR rammus can solo kill Kai&#x27;sa. I as full mr rammus solokilled a kaisa. And not just once. ARAM is a fun place. Nice way to see just how broken tanks are. When you see that you&#x27;ll beg for adcs to be as they are designed right now. you say that as if ADC's are the only option to combat tanks. Slayers {{champion:157}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:6}} , Juggernauts {{champion:420}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:86}} and Mages {{champion:63}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:13}} {{item:3135}} are all more than capable of dealing with tanks. Mages can brute force damage via Void and can easily rip through a tank at 6 items. Juggernauts almost ALL have some method of bypassing defenses via Armor Shred or %max hp damage and Slayers damage potential is practically unparalleld. Marksmen REALLY are not mandatory at all in order to have a answer to a tank. Your argument doesn't make much since when tanks have a DIRECT method of combating Marksmen's primary stat {{item:3143}} <- anti crit. Now I do think Tanks are OP in a manner but only because of the ridiculous Power Creep LoL has suffered in the past few years. the zeitgiest of %max hp abilities, RESIST based offensive scaling and CDR assecability creep has all compounded and led to tanks being MUCH MUCH more a threat than they already were. (which I think was on purpose to combat the "wet noodle fight" situations where no two tanks could ever kill one another in a matchup). Making CRIT ~~marksmen~~ OP again to combat TANKS being powercreeped into OP'ness is the wrong way to go about it. The Kryptonite of tanks has almost always relied in the item system and sometimes a select few champs but I think no role as a whole should have a monopoly on tank destruction like how you claim ADC should and how Riot wrongfully also claimed this "ADC were relagated to tank duty because their job historically has been to attack the safest closest thing. 9/10 times this was going to be the frontline which means Marksmen could often be found attacking Maokai this however does NOT MEAN that that was the PURPOSE OF THE CLASS NOR WAS IT WHAT THEY WERE BUILT FOR. the only Marksmen that should be able to shred through tanks NATURALLY BY INHERENT NATURE should be those SPECIFICALLY designed to do so. {{champion:67}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:145}} .
PhRoXz0n (NA)
: Crit Item Explorations
https://youtu.be/lc5Cd4b5HWg please watch this video. When I look at this and see "50% AS back on shiv, IE being reverted so once again people crit becomes the hardest scaling build in the game" it just SCREAMS "oh shit just revert everything and go back to square one before everyone quits!". stop putting the bulk of Marksman power in auto's (like Crit Damage,pure attack speed items ect) but instead try reworking first the items THEN some marksmen themselves to be more ability reliant and scaling off total power rather than bonus. Give marksmen an effective curve like all other champions instead of having them be irrelevant whenever not fed or at 4+ items while making them much more "counterplay-able" allowing you to put more agency into kits and make them feel better even when behind in the arms race. I honestly dont think "LOOK GUYS WE REVERTED CRIT! MARKSMEN ARE MANDATORY TO EVERY COMP AGAIN OH JOY!!" is going to be good for your game in the long term. Its actually ridiculous that you've even supported this class for so long. I think no other MOBA has a "mandatory" ranged carry enforcement to the degree that League does and thats something you should work on fixing. "carry" options should come in all shapes and sizes. Not just Squishy and Ranged.
Moody P (NA)
: i enjoy your schizo posting, more?
All day staring at the ceiling Making friends with shadows on my wall All night hearing voices telling me That I should get some sleep Because tomorrow might be good for something Hold on Feeling like I'm headed for a breakdown And I don't know why But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.. I know right now you can't tell But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see A different side of me! https://media.tenor.com/images/70564e0db8b4f815486863477f10d9a5/tenor.gif
Show more

La Bello

Level 288 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion